Adventures In Hyboria IC: The Lost Mine

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Tattooedman

Re: Adventures In Hyboria IC: The Lost Mine

Post by Tattooedman »

Lan:

Your whirlwind attack takes out two of your three targets, the survivor struggles to draw his sword after taking the end of your quarterstaff to his chest but he manages to clear the blade.

OOC wrote:Two of the goblins are dead with the third one just managing to survive.

That leaves 5 of them remaining

Kai: There are just 2 goblins in the kitchen, having the worst of the drugged food and are completely immersed in whatever hallucination that the mushrooms are causing them to experience. Which makes it easy for the familiar to sneak past them and fly towards where the slaves/prisoners are being kept according to Kreech.

OOC wrote:Goblin's Perception Check: _: 1D20+9 = [19]+9 = 28, and because of their being poisoned the Disadvantage Roll: _: 1D20+9 = [4]+9 = 13, and that's the roll we have to go with so they fail against Kai's Stealth.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Kiara
AC: 18 l HP: 19 l Init: +4 l Passive Perception: 14

The instant the alarm was raised and the attack well and truly begun the half-elf quietly melted into the shadows like a wisp of fog. She had accepted a contract to rescue the captive dwarves. The mission had begun and she snuck through the corridors quieter then a breeze listening carefully her pointed ears registering every sound, from the battles and cries of pain and grunts of effort behind her, to the creaks and crack of the stone cave around and before her, the cries of goblins running through the cave to aid their fellow shouting in their harsh tongue.

She heard it all and moved forward through the tunnels using the map shed committed to memory as her guide. Her ultimate destination was the slave pens.

Kiaras stealth check _: 1D20+8 = [19]+8 = 27 :shock: oooo sneaky

she'll move through the caves avoiding all patrols to the best of her ability using the confusion to her advantage.

her plan is basically sneak to the prison area and get her mission objectives out. if spotted she'll attack straight away she'll take the straightest way possible unless she needs to avoid a fight

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

OOC wrote:Well, there is no way that the goblins can match Kiaras' Stealth check so I'm not going to bother and just say she succeeds in slipping past this group.

That'll make it Jarrak's turn.
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jarrak of Blackmoore
HP: 26/26 | AC: 18/20 (shield) | Init: -1 | Perception: 10

Jarrak stalks forward like it's his intention to simply walk over anything in his way. He swung his blade at the nearest goblin, wincing as an involuntary muscle spasm throws the attack off.

"Surrender or die," He declares coldly.
OOC
Attack on goblin: 1d20+5 14 1d8+3 10
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Everyone:

The remaining goblins move in, with two going after Lan, two others focusing their limited attention on Jarrak, and the last one, who is the injured one, crosses the distance towards Anne.

Lan is impressed that the goblins have enough presence of mind to make use of tactics as they flank her, but their efforts are easily readable and the monk is able to sidestep both of the swords swung at her although to the view of some the second sword might have hit her only to clang off the ground as the goblin had been targeting her legs to limit her ability to move.

Jarrak cuts an imposing figure and draws just as much attention as the monk does, with two other goblins attacking him as well. However, their efforts have little effect as one of the attacks goes wide and misses him completely and the second harmlessly bounces off the Half-Elf's Splintmail.

The last goblin, which had just managed to survive Lan's opening assault, runs across the room targeting Anne but the injury he suffered causes his aim to be off and his swinging sword is avoided simply by Anne taking a large step back.

OOC wrote:Jarrak's attack misses, which makes it the Goblin's turn.
Goblin #1 &2 Attacks on Lan: _: 1D20+4 = [6]+4 = 10
1D20+4 = [13]+4 = 17
Disadvantage Roll: _: 1D20+4 = [12]+4 = 16
1D20+4 = [9]+4 = 13
, both miss but one just barely does.

Goblin #3 & 4 Attack on Jarrak: _: 1D20+4 = [3]+4 = 7
1D20+4 = [18]+4 = 22
Disadvantage Roll: _: 1D20+4 = [10]+4 = 14
1D20+4 = [7]+4 = 11
. Both miss.

Goblin #5 Attack on Anne: _: 1D20+4 = [1]+4 = 5.
Disadvantage Roll: _: 1D20+4 = [7]+4 = 11. That attack misses as well.

That will bring us to Abigail's turn.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Abigail Bright, Junior Lorist
AC:17 (Scale+Dex+Shield) | HP: 17/17 | Init +2 | Passive Perception: 13
Spell slots 1x1st (3 max)| Bardic Inspiration 1 (4 max)
Inspiration Point: ?

Abigail will move to her friend, Anne and threaten the goblin with her mother's drawn rapier. She only hopes to give it a distraction for if Anne or someone is to launch a spell or attack at it.
Give whoever attacks this goblin advantage on their next attack.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

OCC wrote:That will make it Tully's turn.
Don'tforget having advantage if you attack the goblin hassling Anne.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image"Lord Tully"
HP 15/18 | AC: 14 | Init: +2 | Perception: 11
-Spell Slots: 2/3
--Sorcery Points: 2/2
---Inspiration: None

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

OOC: Advantage doesn't do much for me while using cantrips, sadly.

The dwarf smiles as the battle finally starts in full, "Excellent strikes, lass!" He calls out initially, impressed by both the monk's valiant efforts. "A touch light on that strike boy, but excellent form on the receiving end. Now then,"

He turns towards one of the more mid-ranged goblins when it came to their general state of apparent health, and extends forth a hand bathed in sickly noxious gas. "Why don't ye have a breath in of this, eh?"

Poison Spray, DC 13 con to resist 1d12 poison
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Tully:

The goblin you target, one of the ones menacing Jarrak, looks confused at your comment, likely lost on him due to his probably not understanding Common tongue. None the less, your poison spray hits him fully in the face and he breathes it in deeply then precedes to cough and choke, grasping at his throat and dropping his sword in the process as he struggles to stay standing.

OOC wrote: Goblin's Con Check (DC 13): _: 1D20+0 = [7]+0 = 7, well that's a roll for poison damage;poison damage: 1D12+0 = [6]+0 = 6. Almost finishes him off.

That leaves 5 goblins total remaining, two of them look like proof of the living dead.

--
reposted for ease of reference.
Initiative Order:
Anne – (GM rolled) GM rolled: 1D20+3 = [19]+3 = 22
Lan – 19
Kiara – (GM rolled) GM rolled: 1D20+4 = [14]+4 = 18
Jarrak – 17
Goblins - 11
Abigail – 4
Tully – (GM rolled) GM rolled: 1D20+1 = [1]+1 = 2

--
We're starting the 2nd round so that makes it Anne's turn.
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Anne Natomi
AC 13, HP 14

Anne makes a gesture at one of the more injured goblins that can almost be mistaken for a cheerful wave.

"You seem half dead... let me give you a hand."

A ghostly skeletal hand bursts from the ground at the goblin's feet and climbs up its leg like some sort of unholy spider, winding its way up the body before leaping from the shoulder to latch onto the poor goblin's face.

OOC: Chill Touch on one of the half dead goblins 1d20+5: 16 On a hit that's 1d8: 6 Necrotic damage and it can't heal.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lan
AC:18 | HP:19/19 | Passive Perc: 16 | Ki: 1/2

Lan cursed herself as her recent success made her staff strike sloppy
atk staff: 1d20+6 8 likely miss
Bonus action: Unarmed
atk unarmed: 1d20+6 24
dmg unarmed: 1d4+4 6
But her back elbow connected hard (though probably not fatally).
"Something pithy this way comes."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Anne:

You gesture at the already injured goblin that Tully had sprayed with poison, and the goblin screams in horror as your summoned skeletal hand crawls up its body and releases a black tinged blue energy dead center of the goblin's forehead that knocks him to the ground, causing his sword to fall out of his grasp. Not that it matters honestly, as the goblin is dead.

OOC wrote:The Goblin only had 1 HP left, so that will finish him off.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Lan:

The goblin you focus your attention on manages to parry your staff strike, however in his weakened state he is not expecting your follow up attack and takes the elbow to his throat. He makes an odd gurgling noise and clutches at his throat before falling to the ground, no longer a threat to anyone.

OOC wrote:The bonus attack did enough damage to kill the goblin.
That leaves 3 total remaining; 1 on Lan, 1 on Jarrak, 1 on Anne.
It's Kiara's turn, I am assuming that she is continuing on her way towards the slave area so that will require a new Stealth check

I forgot about Kai, he will need a new Stealth check as well.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Kai is independent from Kiara but has been mentally alerted that Kiara is somewhere around; he does his best not to be seen.

Stealth: 1D20+3 = [10]+3 = 13
"Something pithy this way comes."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Kiara
AC: 18 l HP: 19 l Init: +4 l Passive Perception: 14

the masked hooded shadow that was Kirara continued on her way using every bit of cover and every trick shed been taught to avoid detection

yes shes continuing deeper towards the prisoners again avoiding all combat if at all possible only killing anyone she cant avoid

Kiras stealth check _: 1D20+8 = [12]+8 = 20
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories