Adventures In Hyboria IC: The Lost Mine

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Vivid

Re: Adventures In Hyboria IC: The Lost Mine

Post by Vivid »

Abigail Bright, Junior Lorist
AC:17 (Scale+Dex+Shield) | HP: 17/17 | Init +2 | Passive Perception: 13
Spell slots 1x1st (3 max)| Bardic Inspiration 2 (4 max)
Inspiration Point: ?

"Are we sending in Kreech, maybe with Beaker, as a distraction to create an opening for Kai?" Abigail asks. "That gives us multiple people who can see inside and monitor how it's going." she offers.
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Anne Natomi
Vivid wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:27 am Abigail Bright, Junior Lorist

"Are we sending in Kreech, maybe with Beaker, as a distraction to create an opening for Kai?" Abigail asks. "That gives us multiple people who can see inside and monitor how it's going." she offers.
"Beaker can be very distraction when he wants to." Anne says and the Raven croaks in agreement. "But Kreech might blow the deception if we send them in. Either intentionally or not."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

[Hopefully that wasn't said in front of Kreech.]
"We need to give him the chance to prove himself. I have faith in his sincerity in wanting a better life." Abigail says. "Beaker can be with him and you can look through Beakers eyes to let us know of any foul play on his part." she suggests.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jarrak of Blackmoore
HP: 26/26 | AC: 18/20 (shield) | Init: -1 | Perception: 10

"Sending in Kreech will put his life at risk, runs the risk of alerting the goblins inside the building, and could put the hostages at risk. And that's even if he's completely trustworthy," Jarrak says, "If he walks in they'll want to know where he's been, where the rest of his team is, why he came back alone."

"It's probably just as well to let the familiars try dropping the stuff down the chimney by themselves,"
He glances towards the hideout, "Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll send out a group to find out where the others have gone."
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Jack

Jack leans back against a conveniently placed tree, his arms crossed lazily over his chest, quite a bit at ease.

He smiles, just smiles, watching the rest of the group trying to figure out how best to leverage available resources.

"Didn't we already decide upon a plan?"
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Abigail frowns but doesn't say anything against the others.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Kiara
AC: 18 l HP: 19 l Init: +4 l Passive Perception: 14

"Set a one of the carts near the gate let them see it. itll draw them out." Kiara said quietly she quietly planned in her head how to slip inside the compound as unnoticed as possible
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lan
AC:18 | HP:19/19 | Passive Perc: 16 | Ki: 2/2

"I think we need a distraction of *some* kind." Lan says. "And it should be from a different direction than the chimney or kitchen. And we don't want it to be something that will mobilize them or make them forget about dinner like I think spying a cart would." Lan says with an apologetic shrug toward Kiara.

"If Beaker can get far enough in on his own and create a big enough ruckus then maybe. The Kreech plan relies too much on the goblin's deceptive capabilities and we have no way to judge that." Lan opines.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Jack

A thoughtful pause as he turns around, reaching into the bags, searching for something inside there. His feet kicking behind him as he rests upon the arm of the cart.

"Now where did that thing go?"
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jarrak of Blackmoore
HP: 26/26 | AC: 18/20 (shield) | Init: -1 | Perception: 10

"I believe we're overthinking this," Jarrak says, "I don't think we need a distraction. If the familiar can drop the items down the chimney without getting noticed that works in our favor."

"If they notice and send out a group to investigate, that also works in our favor, we might be able to whittle their numbers down."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lan

"Kreech," Lan calls, "How are your meals cooked? Is it by one goblin or several? Are they attentive to their stew pots or do they leave them for long periods of time? and are they cooked directly over the fire, or just off to the side?" Lan asks.

She didn't think they could get away with just dropping things down the chimney but that was based on her knowledge and methods of cooking - be attentive, don't cool directly over a fire, that sort of thing. Perhaps the goblins had different food preparation methods.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Everyone:

Though not specifically well-versed in the practical applications of woodcraft, Abigail was well read and invoked Iuz for guidance. After twenty minutes of careful selection, she has found what she was looking for then offers her findings to Anne or Lan, whoever was sending their familiar in.

Lan accepts the satchel of fungus and other plant clippings and folds a broad, thin leaf to transport them. The whole thing could be dropped in a pot and steep its purgative properties. Lan was not looking forward to the stench made by a successful plan.

"Beaker can be very distraction when he wants to." Anne says and the Raven croaks in agreement. "But Kreech might blow the deception if we send them in. Either intentionally or not."

Kreech says nothing in response to Anne’s statement, but he looks towards Abigail with questioning look one might see on a child being scolded.

"We need to give him the chance to prove himself. I have faith in his sincerity in wanting a better life." Abigail says. "Beaker can be with him and you can look through Beakers eyes to let us know of any foul play on his part." she suggests.

It seems that Abigail’s words soothed whatever hurt feelings the goblin had from Anne’s questioning.

"Sending in Kreech will put his life at risk, runs the risk of alerting the goblins inside the building, and could put the hostages at risk. And that's even if he's completely trustworthy," Jarrak says, "If he walks in they'll want to know where he's been, where the rest of his team is, why he came back alone."

Kreech nods his head with an enthusiastic energy, agreeing with Jarrak’s assessment.

"It's probably just as well to let the familiars try dropping the stuff down the chimney by themselves," He glances towards the hideout, "Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll send out a group to find out where the others have gone."

Jack leans back against a conveniently placed tree, his arms crossed lazily over his chest, quite a bit at ease. He smiles, just smiles, watching the rest of the group trying to figure out how best to leverage available resources. "Didn't we already decide upon a plan?"

Abigail frowns but doesn't say anything against the others.

"Set a one of the carts near the gate let them see it. It’ll draw them out." Kiara said quietly she silently planned in her head how to slip inside the compound as unnoticed as possible.

"I think we need a distraction of *some* kind." Lan says. "And it should be from a different direction than the chimney or kitchen. And we don't want it to be something that will mobilize them or make them forget about dinner like I think spying a cart would." Lan says with an apologetic shrug toward Kiara.

"If Beaker can get far enough in on his own and create a big enough ruckus then maybe. The Kreech plan relies too much on the goblin's deceptive capabilities and we have no way to judge that." Lan opines.

"I believe we're overthinking this," Jarrak says, "I don't think we need a distraction. If the familiar can drop the items down the chimney without getting noticed that works in our favor."

"If they notice and send out a group to investigate, that also works in our favor, we might be able to whittle their numbers down."

"Kreech," Lan calls, "How are your meals cooked? Is it by one goblin or several? Are they attentive to their stew pots or do they leave them for long periods of time? and are they cooked directly over the fire, or just off to the side?" Lan asks.

“Bel’ch cooks clan food. In big pot over fire. He normally just throws water, meat and greens in at start of day, sometimes stirs when he checks on fire.”

Meanwhile, Tully busies himself by getting the horses tied up to some trees, with a loose knot in case they needed to make a quick get-away. Abigail and Lan, it appeared, had most of the plan covered already. Besides, someone needed to keep an eye on the cave entrance just in case one of the goblins happen to wonder out.
OOC wrote:The cave entrance.

So that'd be a Stealth Check for Kai and a description of what Beaker will do for a distraction.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Spell slots 1x1st (3 max)| Bardic Inspiration 0 (4 max)

Abigail gives her bardic inspirations (one to each) to the familiars for anything they might need in the next 10minutes. They can roll a check and then decide to apply a 1d6 to the roll or not.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lan

Kai takes off on stealthy wings, bearing the sachet, to locate and descend the chimney. Lan watches through his eyes and narrates with orders to wait for Beaker's distraction.
stealth: 1d20+3 17
Though if it seems clear he will just go for it and add the Bardic Inspiration.
bardic: 1d6 5 so, 22
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Anne Natomi

Beaker leisurely flies to the cave entrance and lands. He proceeds to hop into the cave, find a place with a good echo and begins creating an auditory cacophony.

He begins with mimicking the sounds of various animals that would not normally be found in this location: Cows, Chickens, Cats. Before moving on to sound effects and finishing with various insults the bird has obviously overheard in various inns, taverns, and Lecture halls he's been to with Anne.

The moment a Goblin actually finds him as the source of the noise he flies out of reach and laughs at them, mimicking the most annoying laughter he's come across.

OOC: Mimicry: The raven can mimic simple Sounds it has heard, such as a person whispering, a baby crying, or an animal chittering. A creature that hears the Sounds can tell they are imitations with a successful DC 10 Wisdom (Insight) check.