Adventures In Hyboria IC: The Lost Mine

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: Adventures In Hyboria IC: The Lost Mine

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image"Lord Tully"

The dwarf patted Kreech gently on his back, "Moment of truth, ey laddie? Good luck in there, we'll be right behind you."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Everyone:

Beaker's mimicking of various animal noises has an immediate effect as several of the goblins come to investigate with highly confused and hungry looks on their faces with readied weapons.

Upon not finding the source immediately the confused expressions intensify as the goblins search the area and it takes several minutes for them to locate Beaker, who then begins taunting them with the cruel, mocking laughter as he takes flight towards the cave opening.

The goblin's give chase but are unable to score a hit on the small bird as he makes his exit from their home.

All of this allows Kai to discreetly drop his package down the chimney into the cooking pot sitting over a low burning fire.

Now it was just a matter of waiting long enough to allow the mushrooms to mix into the stew properly and the goblins to ingest it.
OCC wrote:Goblin's Wisdom Check: Wisdom Check (group roll): 1D20+0 = [2]+0 = 2, obviously they failed that.

As for Kai's Stealth, there is no way the goblin's could beat that check with the Bardic bonus so none of them notice the addition to the pot.

At this point we can say enough time passes (I'll say about 40 minutes) and the group can proceed with sneaking into the cave. I'm ruling that the Goblins are Poisoned & will have Disadvantage on all combat & skill checks.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lan
AC:18 | HP:19/19 | Passive Perc: 16 | Ki: 2/2

With Lan sharing sight with a concealed Kai she sees the lethargy set it. "I think it is time for our assault." Lan says. "Shall we?"
"Something pithy this way comes."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jarrak of Blackmoore
HP: 26/26 | AC: 18/20 (shield) | Init: -1 | Perception: 10

Jarrak nods, readying his shield and pulling his sword.

"Yes," He says solemnly as he starts forward, "I believe we shall."
OOC
Init, Move Silently with disadvantage: 1d20-1 7 1d20-1 13 1d20-1 14
Last edited by Arkrite on Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lan
When the assault comes, Kai will enter once again through the chimney hole hopefully while the goblins were focused at the front. His assignment was to make his way to the prisoner's area bearing a dagger that he will give to either the dwarf or his assistant; whoever he finds.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image"Lord Tully"

The elder dwarf threaded his fingers facing away from them, and gave them a satisfying crack to loosen them up. "'Bout time, lads and lasses. If I sat still any longer I'd've needed a chisel."

Stealth: 12
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Abigail Bright, Junior Lorist
AC:17 (Scale+Dex+Shield) | HP: 17/17 | Init +2 | Passive Perception: 13
Spell slots 1x1st (3 max)| Bardic Inspiration 1 (4 max)
Inspiration Point: ?

Before they head out, Not that she thinks they'll need it but since they had the time Abigail will invoke the magics of Iuz to let her understand all languages
ritual cast Comprehend Languages.
initiative: _: 1D20+1 = [3]+1 = 4

if we're trying a stealthy approach:
stealth at disadvantage (I think). _: 1D20+1 = [4]+1 = 5
1D20+1 = [6]+1 = 7

yeah, she doesn't do stealth well
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Anne Natomi

With Beaker perched on her shoulder again, looking inordinately pleased with himself, Anne readies herself to go.

"Alright-y then. Lets get to it."

OOC: Stealth 1d20+3: 21
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Kiara
AC: 18 l HP: 19 l Init: +4 l Passive Perception: 14

when the time came Kiara who had sat still as death itself meditating suddenly stood up in one smooth motion almost fluid in her movement. then on cats feet she crept quietly towards the entrance every small bit of cover concealing her as she went

Kiaras stealth check _: 1D20+8 = [19]+8 = 27 she sneaky
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lan

If stealthing in, Lan will be next to Kiara.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Everyone:

The group carefully makes their way into the caves, Kreech’s map proves to be accurate, and in Abigail’s mind proving he is honest in his wanting a new way of life, and easily moves further into the cave system where the goblins practice their fighting.

That room has five logs, that are about 3 foot wide and 5 feet tall, that are held up in a way that allows the goblins to develop their skills with swords and all the logs are covered in dozens of cuts and slashes. Leaned up against the furthest wall are several round targets, several feet in diameter, that are filled with holes made by hundreds of arrows.

Not surprisingly, there are 8 goblins laying about the room in what seems to be varying states of hallucination as the majority of them seem more interested in whatever it is they are seeing and not the group’s presence. However, one of the goblins isn’t as unaware as his companions and after a few seconds he realizes the group isn’t part of his drug induced vision he begins yelling in his native tongue, which draws the others somewhat out of their stupor and they draw their weapons readying themselves for a fight.

OOC wrote: Stealth:
Kiara – 27
Anne – 21
Lan – 20
Jarrak – 13
Tully – 12
Abigail – 5

--
Figured reposting the map Kreech made of the cave would be a good idea as well.

Room 1: no traps here.

Room 2: Chief’s room, not much else known as he never allows anyone in it.

Room 3: “dinning room”. Broken wood benches are scattered against the walls, with a few useable benches set up in between the columns.

Room 4: Practice room (goblins hone fighting skills – small archery range &

Room 5: Kitchen (star marks “stove”), very old and worn plates and eating utensils are kept here along with equally worn cooking pots.

Room 6: Cold storage for food.

7: Long, connecting hallway. Has a pit trap at the dead end, and a trip wire that releases poison darts at bottom of right staircase.

Room 8: Prize room. Anything taken that has been deemed “for the clan” is kept here. Mostly coins (gold, copper & silver), gems (run the gamut of variety), small items such as silver & gold made drinking cups, small statutes of various levels of craftmanship made of various materials.

Room 9: Trapped room – there are 2 sets of crossbows that are triggered by pressure plates that are walked on. Nothing of value here.

10: Another long hallway, about ready to collapse halfway through.

Room 11: Clan sleeping space.

Room 12: Slave sleeping space.
OOC wrote:So thanks to the mushrooms added to the goblin’s food they have disadvantage on all dice rolls. So here are their Perception Checks.

Goblins (group 1 in room 4 [Practice room]) Perception: _: 1D20+9 = [2]+9 = 11
1D20+9 = [3]+9 = 12

Goblin’s Initiative: _: 1D20+2 = [9]+2 = 11.

I know some of you already rolled Initiative, and that’s cool as I meant to ask for that too but forgot (my mistake). So I rolled for those who didn’t that way it just out of the way.

Initiative Order:
Anne – (GM rolled) GM rolled: 1D20+3 = [19]+3 = 22
Lan – 19
Kiara – (GM rolled) GM rolled: 1D20+4 = [14]+4 = 18
Jarrak – 17
Goblins - 11
Abigail – 4
Tully – (GM rolled) GM rolled: 1D20+1 = [1]+1 = 2
--
That’ll be Anne’s turn to start us off.
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

OCC wrote:Alright, in the interest of trying to keep things moving we'll go on and move to Lan's turn.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lan
AC:18 | HP:19/19 | Passive Perc: 16 | Ki: 2->1/2

If Lan were a more crafty sort she would try to convince the Goblins that their presence was part of a mushroom-induced hallucination. As it was, she really wanted to kick butt.

Lan leaps into the middle of the group spinning and spreading her body like a leaf falling on a gentle breeze, provided that leaf was a deadly collection of flailing limbs and quaterstaff stem. Each strike goes to a different goblin looking to thin their ranks.
Spending Ki for Flurry of blows
Move: jump amid their ranks
standard: Quarterstaff
attack: 1d20+6 18
dmage: 1d8+4 5
Bonus: Unarmed x2
attack unarmed: 1d20+6 21
dmg unarmed: 1d4+4 7
2 attk unarmed: 1d20+6 22
2 dmg unarmed: 1d4+4 8
Lan lands lightly.

Reminder:
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:54 am When the assault comes, Kai will enter once again through the chimney hole hopefully while the goblins were focused at the front. His assignment was to make his way to the prisoner's area bearing a dagger that he will give to either the dwarf or his assistant; whoever he finds.
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Anne Natomi

Anne picks out the Goblin that seems most coherent and is raising the alarm to his fellow goblins.

And hurls a firebolt at him, to try and eliminate the most unhindered enemy first.

OOC: 1d20+3: 23 Damage 1d10: 7
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Anne:

Your firebolt flares out from your hand, hitting the alarmist goblin squarely in the chest and quickly spreading out and incinerating him on the spot leaving only a small pile of soot and ash on the cave floor.

His tripping allies react to the sudden burst of light and flames in awe, then smell of burnt skin fills the room and they realize their companion's fate and begin yelling angrily in goblin tongue.

OOC wrote:The firebolt hits, and ends the goblin. That leaves 7 of them remaining.

That'll bring us to Kiara's turn.