Adventures In Hyboria IC: The Lost Mine

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Tattooedman

Re: Adventures In Hyboria IC: The Lost Mine

Post by Tattooedman »

Kiara & Kai:

The assassin and familiar have little problem making their ways past the goblins further into the cavern system as these goblins seem much more involved with the visions they are experiencing.

OOC wrote:Goblin's Kiara is sneaking by (with Disadvantage): _: 1D20+9 = [14]+9 = 23
1D20+9 = [8]+9 = 17
, so lucky are you.

Goblin's Kai is sneaking past: _: 1D20+9 = [3]+9 = 12
1D20+9 = [1]+9 = 10

As for where the two of them are, I'd say the square filled with a 7 and on their next turn they will be in room 9.

So no problems there, that will bring us to Jarrak's turn.
OOC wrote: Image
Room 1: no traps here.

Room 2: Chief’s room, not much else known as he never allows anyone in it.

Room 3: “dinning room”. Broken wood benches are scattered against the walls, with a few useable benches set up in between the columns.

Room 4: Practice room (goblins hone fighting skills – small archery range &

Room 5: Kitchen (star marks “stove”), very old and worn plates and eating utensils are kept here along with equally worn cooking pots.

Room 6: Cold storage for food.

7: Long, connecting hallway. Has a pit trap at the dead end, and a trip wire that releases poison darts at bottom of right staircase.

Room 8: Prize room. Anything taken that has been deemed “for the clan” is kept here. Mostly coins (gold, copper & silver), gems (run the gamut of variety), small items such as silver & gold made drinking cups, small statutes of various levels of craftmanship made of various materials.

Room 9: Trapped room – there are 2 sets of crossbows that are triggered by pressure plates that are walked on. Nothing of value here.

10: Another long hallway, about ready to collapse halfway through.

Room 11: Clan sleeping space.

Room 12: Slave sleeping space.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jarrak of Blackmoore
HP: 26/26 | AC: 18/20 (shield) | Init: -1 | Perception: 10

"Hey, eyes here," Jarrak bellows, taking a swipe with his blade at the goblin attacking Anne trying to draw it's attention away from the necromancer.

A combination of a goblin attack, a misjudged distance, and another muscle spasm in his arm sent his attack wide.
OOC
Melee attack on goblin: 1d20+5 6 1d8+3 4
Snake eyes.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Jarrack:

Despite the spasm your arm suffers during the attack, the goblin jerks directly into the path of your attack and takes the blade right in his ribs and goes down in a bloody heap.

Everyone:

Despite their dropping numbers, the remaining goblins press on with their combative efforts; one of them still trying to score a hit on Lan but the figments of his mind continue to make that an unattainable goal as again the creature's sword goes wide and Lan hardly needs to move to avoid the attack.

Jarrak continues to be the main focus of the spaced attention of the other two Goblins, and they continue to bring down the largest member of the group despite his brandishing his sword menacingly in their direction. Despite the hallucinations only they can see, the Goblins make a decent effort in their attempts to attack and while one flakes at the last possible moment, scared by something only he can see, throwing his attack off so badly that he trips over his own feet. His companion however, does much better, as in being a credible threat, despite its drugged condition, actually managing to score a hit on the Half-Elf but fails to pierce the Splintmail he wears.

OOC wrote: Initiative reposted for ease of reference.
Initiative Order:
Anne – (GM rolled) GM rolled: 1D20+3 = [19]+3 = 22
Lan – 19
Kiara – (GM rolled) GM rolled: 1D20+4 = [14]+4 = 18
Jarrak – 17
Goblins - 11
Abigail – 4
Tully – (GM rolled) GM rolled: 1D20+1 = [1]+1 = 2

--
Jarrak gets Advantage because of Abigail's spell. So I'll just roll that to keep things going.
Jarrak's Attack: GM rolled: 1D20+5 = [17]+5 = 22, that does connect.
Damage: GM rolled: 1D8+3 = [5]+3 = 8, and that will finish off him.

--

There are 3 goblins remaining, all at full health.
Goblin #1 attacks Lan. _: 1D20+4 = [18]+4 = 22
1D20+4 = [3]+4 = 7
and with the Disadvantage that will miss.

Goblin #3 & #4 are both still trying to double up on Jarrak.
Goblin #3: _: 1D20+4 = [7]+4 = 11
1D20+4 = [1]+4 = 5
, and that's a miss.

Goblin #4: _: 1D20+4 = [18]+4 = 22
1D20+4 = [15]+4 = 19
, so close but that's a miss as well.

--
That will bring us to Abigail's turn.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Thu May 06, 2021 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

[if jarrak attacked the one on Anne didn't he get the advantage or was that already used by someone?]
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

either way...

Abigail Bright, Junior Lorist
AC:17 (Scale+Dex+Shield) | HP: 17/17 | Init +2 | Passive Perception: 13
Spell slots 1x1st (3 max)| Bardic Inspiration 1 (4 max)
Inspiration Point: ?

The goblin that almost hit her uncle gets a stern tongue lashing from the bard-cleric. Abigail bangs her rapier against her shield to distract the Goblin.
[give advantage to someone attacking that goblin]
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

OOC wrote:That'll make it Tully's turn.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image"Lord Tully"
HP 15/18 | AC: 14 | Init: +2 | Perception: 11
-Spell Slots: 2/3
--Sorcery Points: 2/2
---Inspiration: None

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

"Consarnit, boy!" The dwarf grumps, "Sure it's good to keep a good defensive form, but ya' look like yer' just' waving a stick about!"

As if to show the half-elf what propper offensive combat actually looks like, Tully splays his hand which crackles with harsh bolts of lightning and downright charges the goblin menacing Abigail, reaching out for the poor thing's face.

Shocking Grasp (Advantage): 4, 18
Lightning Damage: 8
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lan
AC:18 | HP:19/19 | Passive Perc: 16 | Ki: 1/2

Kai continues his silent flight toward the prisoners area bearing a knife in hopes someone there can use it.
stealth: 1d20+3 21
Lan set her stance and attacked the sole goblinoid foe still on her.
atk staff: 1d20+6 8 8 again! :-/ still likely miss
Bonus action: Unarmed
atk unarmed: 1d20+6 8
The weight of the staff's miss made her overcorrect and her flailing kick went wide. She pre-emptively scowled at whatever the cantankerous old dwarf had to say about her form.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Tully:

For a split second the goblin stares at your electrified hand, apparently enjoying the varying intensity of light it provides. That is until you touch it to his face and the electric charge spreads painfully through his body, causing the creature to scream in pain before grabbing at its head and falling to the ground as smoke rises up from his charred corpse.

OOC wrote:Your attack hits and kills your target.
--
End of the second round of combat and start of third, which will make it Anne's turn. After that's posted I'll address the results for her & Lan.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Lan:

The goblin's spastic movements, spurred on by his hallucinations, make him a difficult target to pin down and he manages to avoid both of your attacks.
OOC wrote:Alright, it's been a few days time to move things along.

Yep, both of Lan's attacks miss.

There are 2 goblins remaining; the one vexing Lan & the other going after Jarrak.

Kiara's turn, I am assuming she is continuing on so that'll be a new Stealth Check. I will post results for her & Kai in the same post.
Jarrak is after, so let's have his action.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jarrak of Blackmoore
HP: 26/26 | AC: 18/20 (shield) | Init: -1 | Perception: 10

Jarrak lunges forward, slamming his shield into the goblin attacking him. With the goblin reeling back he brought his blade high and chopped down at the creature.

"Giving up a solid defense for offense can lead to regret," Jarrak replies.
OOC
Attack on goblin: 1d20+5 22 1d8+3 10
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Kiara
AC: 18 l HP: 19 l Init: +4 l Passive Perception: 14

Kiara continued her mission towards the prisoners taking every precaution she could to avoid being seen

yeah continuing towards the prisoners making every effort to avoid detection

Kiaras srealth check _: 1D20+8 = [6]+8 = 14
meh CC had to screw me over eventually
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Jarrak:

The goblin's face explodes upon being hit with your shield, blood spurting from its nose and several teeth go flying, but before the creature can react with any kind of counterattack your sword cuts through the goblin's shoulder and down through the upper half of its chest, spraying the remainder of the goblins blood on the dirt floor where its body slumps in a slice and bloody heap.

The goblin that had been menacing Lan sees all of this and after a moment spent considering what it had seen (although what exactly given his drugged condition is anyone's guess) and decides to be the one to tell the story of his fallen comrades by running out of the room. Although, interestingly enough, he chooses to leave the way all of you entered the room.
OOC wrote:Yep that will hit and end the goblin in one shot.

1 goblin remains, and he is trying to get the hell out of there. That will give Lan, Jarrak, and Tully each an attack of opportunity on it.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Kiara & Kai:

There was a moment where Kiara was almost spotted but a last minute roll behind a broken column allows the girl to avoid being seen while the familiar kept close to the ceiling where none of the goblins bothered to look.

Together, the two of you make your way into the room set aside for the slaves of the goblin clan and find a group of dirty and underfed humans who cower in the furthest corner of the room.

OOC wrote:Goblin's Perception: _: 1D20+9 = [4]+9 = 13, they can't see either of you.

Roll a Perception check.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Lan
AC:18 | HP:19/19 | Passive Perc: 16 | Ki: 1/2

AOO
staff: 1d20+6 25
staff dmg: 1d8+4 6
Might not kill him.
Kai's perception
perc: 2#1d20+3 6 13 13 since advantage.
"Something pithy this way comes."