Adventures In Hyboria: OCC thread ~ Done

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: Adventures In Hyboria: OCC thread

Post by Flynnarrel »

I'd try it with Lan, but Lan's a little crazy. :)

I agree it's neither an in-character, nor out of character good idea. Even the bringing a familiar in and trying to foul up the goblin's stew would only be a few rolls to see if we succeed, wait a bit, then the party jumps into action now with [maybe] a slightly better chance to prevail. A person splitting off entirely would be problematic, I'd think.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

We wouldn't need tobsplit off far. His illusion magic is concentration based of course, and these are only goblins. Sliding boulder disguise anyone?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Kiaras main thought process consistent with her job would be sneak in and sneak the prisoners out without anyone being the wiser but if thats not possible shes not above basically killing everything in the cave that isnt the prisoners or her friends
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Arkrite wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:12 am Wait, Troll's cave?
Mea Culpa, I meant Goblin.
Arkrite wrote:... I have many questions that will not be answered ;~)
Nope, they won't. ;)

As for the restraints used, that'd be ropes. Of course they'd not be tied well given the ruse so getting out of them wouldn't be an issue.

One of the other goblins noticing how badly they are tied is another matter entirely.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

So yeah, I vote we either send Kreech in with a familiar for the stew pot and he adds mushrooms to give them all bowel distress, or we bypass Kreech altogether and send a familiar down the chimney with a sack of bad mushrooms to attempt the same. Slightly better chance of success if Kreech can be in the kitchens as a distraction (maybe send him in with Beaker as Kai flies down the chimney with the payload). Maybe Beaker gets loose and leads the goblins on a merry chase, hurling insults at them. Anne and Lan can narrate what's happening to the others.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

I'm with Flynn on this one. I thought that the idea was to have a familiar remote drone be driven into the caverns, do some spying and perhaps drop a payload. While I think that something other than a bird would be more useful, not going to push that one too hard.

"Your familiar acts independently of you, but it always obeys your commands. In combat, it rolls its own initiative and acts on its own turn. A familiar can't attack, but it can take other actions as normal."

"While your familiar is within 100 feet of you, you can communicate with it telepathically. Additionally, as an action, you can see through your familiar's eyes and hear what it hears until the start of your next turn, gaining the benefits of any special senses that the familiar has. During this time, you are deaf and blind with regard to your own senses."

and perhaps: "Finally, when you cast a spell with a range of touch, your familiar can deliver the spell as if it had cast the spell. Your familiar must be within 100 feet of you, and it must use its reaction to deliver the spell when you cast it. If the spell requires an attack roll, you use your attack modifier for the roll."

Edit: that is also why I/Jack asked about how much was on top of the cavern, so that we could maybe optimize the area of the cavern covered by the 100 ft sphere.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

To be honest, we probably are just overyhibking things here. These are, in all honesty, just goblins. Hust the familiar is fine.
------------
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

How many times was that someone's last words? :)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I think Tully wluld actually like the excitment of it actuslly being a troll cave...
------------
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Vivid

Post by Vivid »

I wouldn't have a familiar to risk so I'm going to leave it to those who do to offer theirs. I know it costs to recast Find Familiar if it dies.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Soooo...:)
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

So, I'll get a post up after I get off work tonight/tomorrow morning.
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Vivid wrote:Though not specifically trained in woodcraft, Abigail was well read and invoked Iuz for assistance.
Well, that'll do.
Vivid

Post by Vivid »

Abigail would totally give Guidance and a bardic inspiration to the familiar.