Re: The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

Post by jmucchiello »

"I agree. I'm city folk," Adeleth says.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly Lulabye
Hero Points: 2; Current Condition: Fine

"I do not know whether I should like the idea or not," replies Lilly, ducking into an alley to take the call. "What is it like? Like a park but larger? They are quite nice. I did not know your world had black forests. I thought they were all green. Perhaps sometimes red?"
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" The forest is not really black. The name dates back to Roman times, back when the whole area was even more densely forested and there were places where daylight didn't reach. Since the Merge, some places have returned to that state, but it's not all wilderness. It's a very popular vacation spot still, with visitors from Switzerland, Austria, France and, of course, from within Germany coming there in droves every year. Since the Merge, the deepest places of the forests and some caves as well as old ruins have become somewhat more dangerous, but it has its own group of heroes, the Waldwacht*, mostly made up of witches and a few low-powered supers. However...they are currently unavailable after a run-in with a Lindwurm** two weeks earlier. Hence me asking you."
He takes a deep breath before continuing, " We need someone to watch over a Werewolf gathering."

* The name translates to " Forest Watch"

** A large serpent-like dragonkin, usually possessed of rather low intelligence, venomous breath and nasty disposition
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"That doesn't sound too bad. Up in Alaska, were-bears are the dominant shape-shifters. The ones I met were pretty laid back." she sounded thoughtful. "Why do they need help? Most shifters are pretty well able to take care of themselves."
Last edited by kirinke on Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"So I should get some silver loads and holy loads?" Adeleth says.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Viv DeLaCourte (Harbinger)
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Normal

As soon as Hagen started laying out the basics, Viv started with her research. First the basics- general climate and upcoming weather forecast for the area, possible lodgings, travel routes, that sort of thing. Then into local lore, both Pre- and Post Merge. A tab on werewolves, especially any known local information- in the Post-Merge world there were almost as many kinds of were-creatures as there were vampires. Any information they had on the "Forest Watch" people, including possible contacts. There would be time for more later, even on the trip there, but it didn't hurt to get started...

"Is this 'Watch Over' as in Monitor? Or as in Protect? Or as in Interfere with?"

>OOC: Not trying for a focused Investigation right now- just her habitual background-checking
Last edited by pathfinderq1 on Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"And cold iron loads as well." Amy told Adeleth cheerfully. "You can never be too careful." she said as she made a list of thing's they'd probably need. Chief among them, protection against evil amulets to go with the resistance to poison/disease ones.
"Is this 'Watch Over' as in Monitor? Or as in Protect? Or as in Interfere with?"
"We wouldn't be able to interfere with them all that much. One they'd outnumber us, two, they'd be able to smell us out as outsiders and 'wolves' in general don't much trust outsiders for obvious reasons. They kinda have the mentality of people in a small town or village that way. I can't say I blame them for that. So that leaves monitor or protect." Amy told Viv.

"Plus, shifters in general aren't that bad. Leastways they aren't any better or worse than folks who are one shape bound. Well except for Black Spirals. You don't want to meet those guys in a dark alley." she amended.

Battle Init
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"So is there a base camp we can use out there or do we need to bring camping gear?" Adeleth asks.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" Okay, the situation is as follows: The Merge has brought many different werewolves to this Earth and, much like vampires, they have not been getting along that well. Some are outright monsters, others are pretty much eco-terrorists, some are the result of Nazi experiments and so on and so on.
That has led many werewolves to be easy pickings or recruitment targets by extremist factions. Now, however, we have someone new at the scene and it seems that things are about to change."
He sends you a picture of a smiling broad-shouldered man with a greying beard and hair next to a grey-haired woman who seems to be at least as muscled as him.
" Rudi and Maria Weidner. They're werewolves of the cursed kind but they managed to get the curse under control. And they have been lobbying for a unified Werewolf 'nation' if you will - a support network that will help afflicted control their curse and try and steer others into more productive directions. After a couple of months they now have organized a get-together of werewolves from all over the country. A meeting we're afraid someone might sabotage."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"And this meeting is in the forest. What's the current phase of the moon?" Adeleth says.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

"Not to mention, who are the likely saboteurs? We got alot to choose from." Amy noted.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Torque
Condition: normal
HP: 1
jmucchiello wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:17 pm "I agree. I'm city folk," Adeleth says.
"12 foot robot does not exactly scream country living... but I can probably muster up a good off road form or two..."

One of Torque's hobbbies was role-playing. Well, he read more than actually played but still...

"As Hagen said, there are different kinds of 'wolves out there. Some are affected by different phases of the moon others only by the full moon. I am curious how I would stand up to a wolfman in frenzy - not overly curious, intellectually so."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
"So who are the major players here and general attitudes about this endeavor? I'm sure this entire thing is rife with politics. It'd have to be." the girl noted.

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

kirinke wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:53 pm "Not to mention, who are the likely saboteurs? We got alot to choose from." Amy noted.
"Yes," nods Lilly. "Other werewolves? Are there other werewolf leaders who might resent them? Humans who hate those who are not human? Organisations that want the werewolves to join them, or to enslave them?"
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Tony Jones wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:10 pm "Yes," nods Lilly. "Other werewolves? Are there other werewolf leaders who might resent them? Humans who hate those who are not human? Organisations that want the werewolves to join them, or to enslave them?"
"Or who would benefit from a war among them," Adeleth added.