The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Neo-Paladin

Re: The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" Sure, have fun", the guys says but as Amy turns around, one of the other two speaks up.
" Just in case...talk to your folks and let them know that they probably should avoid the Feldberg for a couple of days. Might be a bit unsafe for...normal people."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"Will do." she said cheerfully as she walked back to the hotel

ooc
I take it Feldberg is were the Moot-meet is going on?
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly Lulabye
Hero Points: 2; Current Condition: Fine
Neo-Paladin wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:39 am Lilly hears a soft laugh in her ears. " I am not from this world either. This world...does not seem to have had any gods before the spheres joined. But this is my home nonetheless. The rocks, the trees, the earth...they sing to me...making it enough of a home for me. Maybe it can be for you, too.
"I hope so," replies Lilly. "It has certainly become so since my arrival here. And I value it enough that I have already vowed to do my best to stop this world becoming a facsimile of grim Apokalips..."

"Singing is something I love. Perhaps I could learn from the things that sing to you, as well..." she says completely seriously.
Neo-Paladin wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:39 am "And yes, I have felt the arrival of the skinchangers. The skeins of fate twist around them. Something important is going to happen."
"Well, thank you for the confirmation that we will are likely to be needed here!" Lilly replies. "Do you have any idea of the nature of the important events to come?"
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Viv DeLaCourte (Harbinger)
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: normal

Once Viv had handed out the keys, she made her way up to her own room. She wasn't really expecting much- but then, she didn't really need very much. She tossed her pack on the bed, for now, and gave a brief, longing, look at both the bed and the shower- but there wasn't time for either of those, not yet.

She did peek around the room a bit, and took a quick look out the window to get a bit of a view of the town. The she checked her phone to see if any of her contacts had chimed in with anything useful...

Then she headed back downstairs. Once they had finished their meal, they could begin their investigations in earnest...
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Adeleth comes down form her room. Her hair is still a bit damp. "We going to eat now?" she asks.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"I'm starved." she said and briefly recounted her meeting with the werewolves, then saying "I didn't see much else and didn't want to poke in people's heads. It's beyond rude to do it without real reason." she shrugged.

Battle Init
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Viv DeLaCourte (Harbinger)
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Normal

"Indeed," Viv replied to Adeleth with a nod, turning to head towards the hotel's restaurant area. She cocked her head, listening to Amy's update. "As expected, it sounds like some of the 'conference-goers' are already in the area. Once we have eaten, I'm going to call our hosts and see if we can arrange a meeting, either later today or tomorrow. When we have that scheduled, we can do a little bit more research around town, each using our best methods."

"But for now, food, and hopefully it as good as recommended..."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" I will gladly teach you the songs of the trees and the streams, if you have the time. Alas, I cannot yet see the shape the future is taking. Too many things are in motion", the goddess responds to Lilly, " but your fate is already getting entwined with that of the others who have come, little godling."

The food is indeed great, tasty and filling. Also somewhat pricy, but nothing too extravagant.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly Lulabye

"Thank you! And thank you very much for talking to me," Lilly tells the goddess. "I should inform my companions. With luck we can talk again later."

She gives a small bow then turns back to the hotel, and is surprised to find so much time has passed while she been in conversation. Without taking her stuff up to her room she carries it through and joins the others in the restaurant where, like Amy, recounts what she has learned from her conversation with the goddess Abnoba.

She eats a large lunch washed down by some equally large beers.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"It doesn't surprise me she couldn't give us more information. The metaphysical is still settling down after the Merge. I bet looking into the future would give even deities a migraine trying to figure out which scenario is the most likely to happen at this point." she said as she busily ate her roast pork, cucumber salad and German potatoes washing it down with lemonade. "Not that everything and everyone is still settling." she added thoughtfully.

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly Lulabye

"You mean all the different gods and their realms and so on, that were thrown together by the Merge, have not reached stability as yet?" Lilly asks. "I did not know that. Does that mean there are wars going on in the heavens as the different pantheons vie to become the dominant one in the post-Merge world? Or is that only something the New Gods of Apokalips would consider?"
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"I don't think there are wars in heaven. That kinda defeats the purpose of heaven. Y'know, peace and everything. If there were misunderstandings, they'd probably talk it out. They may be fighting with outside threats, like hell and such. Though I think hell is always fighting itself along with everything else." she shrugged.

"I'd think it's kinda like being a manager of a big company who just got into the position. Everything has changed from everything they've known, just as it has with us. I bet it's just as overwhelming."

"I'm just guessing here. But it kinda makes sense." she looked up. "As for seeing the future, with everything that has changed, the only thing that is certain is that nothing is certain. We gotta make our own fate."

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly Lulabye

"I was thinking more of wars between different heavens. Different pantheons," comments Lilly, looking skeptical about Amy's words. "Though if gods are anything like people - of whatever origin - I can imagine there might be conflict within pantheons too. But that may just be how they are, not anything to do with the Merge."

"And what about different versions of the same gods? There are multiple versions of some people on the Merged Earth now, are there not? Are there multiple versions of different pantheons? If so I can imagine there are gods who would not accept there being 'copies' of themselves elsewhere!"

"Or do you mean the big single god your world's Christians believe in? I can see your point in that case. Unless the Merge has brought together multiple versions of them, as well..."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

The girl laughed. "I'm Shinto Buddhist as for the rest." she shrugged. "I think they'd talk it out. There might be misunderstandings and stuff, but diplomacy and harmony would win out in the end I think. I mean, it is heaven after all. Prolonged strife, even between different heavens would defeat the purpose of heaven as well." she chuckled.

"I'm sure some of them are probably dealing with MSG and multiple versions of themselves as well in some manner or form. It's bound to happen. How they're dealing with it? I have no clue. Although, they'd probably work out some form of duty-sharing if it came down to it. You know: I'll take care of this, if you can take care of that sort of thing. At least, that's my guess."

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly Lulabye

"I don't know," comments Lilly. "Given the arrogance of some gods, it seems to me that those gods at least would not accept 'duty sharing' if they thought they were powerful enough that they could fight to be the only one left. Unless the outcome of that fighting was obviously worse."