[The Forever Tree]Rustdeity IC.

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Hoid

Re: [The Forever Tree]Rustdeity IC.

Post by Hoid »

Ahhhhhh,’ the Changecube sighed. “the Titans. Oldest of sapiences, older even than my makers’. Cast adrift by a creator who grew enchanted with later creations, they fought one another. One faction won, the other factions lost. The victors gained a universe, the losers forced to wander the multiverse. They died, bit by bit, over millions of years, til only echos remand, faded remnants of old glory. Sad, really. Truly sad.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

"That is about what I have been told."

Imperious stated after the Changecube shared the broad strokes of the Ogre's plight as a species. There were some finer details, the creator figure becoming neglectful due to distractions with new creations. The war over a universe.

Lifting his head Imperious gestured to the expanse of the Hollow. As though the Changecube would be able to see the motion of his limb and view the injured beast they stood within.

"We have found one, as you might be aware. Are you familiar with their biology? This one's internals, and the people in it, are infected with TEGS. But it appears the carriers have lived with TEGS for some time. Do you think the Ogre would be able to purge the disease from it's system and the populace?"
OOC wrote:
HP: 3
Defense: 20
Conditions: Healthy
Encephalon: Activated
Communion Array: Impervious Toughness 20
Blast "Arsenal" Dynamic Array: Enhanced Strength 30 and Strike 3 [Feats: Might (+1 pp), Variable Descriptor "Technological Weaponry" 2 (+2 pp)]
Flight "Utility" Dynamic Array: Speed 1 ; Quickness 15 ; Ultravision Extended 2 ; X-Ray Vision Extended 2 ; Microscopic Vision 4 Extended 1 ; Visual Detect Life
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

TEGS? TEGS is an abomination. Ogresymbiosis is the pure strain. I see what you are truly asking. I can revive it, this Ogre. It will not be infectious. It will slowly resurrect this moon is a lush world of stranger, unusual life. It will breathe out an atmosphere. Reviving this beast, this noble thing, is a wise course of action. It will aid you, in the long run, simply by being.

And yes, it will purge itself of TEGS, replacing it with the original strain. You can talk to it, tell it not to change others
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Imperious gave a slow shake of the head when the Changecube mentioned that it could revive the Ogre. That wasn't what he was asking, though it was something he had briefly considered.

"That would be a worthy final change. But this is something Shi'Halal and I may be able to see to. I still hope that the Eldest will know a way to extend your time with us beyond one more change."

A quiet fell over him and Imperious thought about the things the Changecube had said. It would change Corrosion into a strange world. Make it lush and give it atmosphere. On Rustdeity, that would be abhorrent. People would fight it. Rustdeity had it's own path to restoration. But Corrosion? It was a world that had been given to Xenos as a residency in the TAW era. This was an alien world now ... except it remained inhospitable. The Ogre could change that.

"How does one talk with an Ogre? I have been told it is like an animal. Communicating without language."

OOC wrote:
Encephalon: Activated
Blast "Arsenal" Dynamic Array: Enhanced Strength 30 and Strike 3 [Feats: Might (+1 pp), Variable Descriptor "Technological Weaponry" 2 (+2 pp)]
Flight "Utility" Dynamic Array: Speed 1 ; Quickness 15 ; Ultravision Extended 2 ; X-Ray Vision Extended 2 ; Microscopic Vision 4 Extended 1 ; Visual Detect Life
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Your armor can be rewired to channel your psychic abilities to talk to animals.
OOC:
You can spend a Hero Point to stunt an Alternate Power. Afterwards, you can spend xp to pick that AP up for good.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Lucas doesn't dismiss the idea, but he has questions, and spends time discussing the matter with both the Changecube and Shi'Halal. When Shi'Halal has eventually assured him that working together they'll be able to bridge the gap he is finally satisfied.

With the quandary of communing with the Ogre having been covered Imperious turned his attention outward to the expand of the Hollow. Slowly he turned around, allowing his senses to expand through SHi'Halal's sensor suite. Taking in the vastness of the creature he looked at it's ancient abused body.

"Where then would be the ideal place to begin the healing process?"

Following the advice of Shi'Halal and the Changecube, he set out to this new location, if the Hollow itself would not do. There he pressed his gauntlets against the bare flesh of the Ogre. A golden radiance shed from his palms as Shi'Halal's vitakensis ray activated, pouring it's healing energies into the beast.

OOC wrote:Switching Shi'Halal's arsenal Array to Healing 15 (Total, Affects Objects, Persistent, Regrowth, Precise).
Encephalon: Deactivated
Blast "Arsenal" Dynamic Array: Healing 15 [Flaws: Others Only (-1/r), Distracting (-1/r) ; Extras: Total (+1/r), Affects Objects (+1/r) ; Power Feats: Persistent (+1 pp), Regrowth (+1 pp), Precise (+1 pp), Variable Descriptor "Technology" 2 (+2 pp)]
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

The enormous living structure shudders almost immediately, and a roaring sound permeates it’s entire prone body. The giant gaping hole in its chest begins to close at an incremental rate. This goes on for some time.

Eventually, three hours into the healing, Shai’Halal informs Imperious, “My systems are being strained. We’ve been at this awhile. We’ve proven it can be done. Unfortunately, I am not sure we can keep this up much longer. The best is only minimally healed and it has been three hours. The amount of vitakinesis required to get the Ogre back on its feet is now to be revealed to be epic in scope. We can keep going, but past this point it will put more and more stress on my systems.
OOC:
If you want to keep going, you’ll need to make a sequential series of Concentrate checks with increasing higher DCs.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

"We keep going. When you begin to falter, I will hold you up."

Lucas closed his eyes at that statement, assuring Shi'Halal that she didn't need to carry the burden by herself. Imperious's fingers flexed inwards under the strain as Lucas began to feel the feedback from Shi'Halal's faxed vitakensis ray. Instinticely Lucas psionic energies directed themselves away from resisting physical harm, and to the more intricate task of keeping Shi'Halal's internal mechanisms stable under the mounting pressure.

Lucas himself became a well of energy for the armor to draw upon and feed into the healing energies of the Iron Dream technology. As time went on, veins of purple psionic power began to manifest on the surface of Shi'Halal armoring, smoky wisps rolling off from them as Lucas put more and more of himself into the labor. The armor noble's posture changed over time as well. As he felt more of the draining impact. His limbs became more ridged, tightening under the test to his and Shi'Halal's endurance.

OOC wrote:Imperious has zero ranks in Concentration. Instead of spending a bunch of HP on re-rolls, I'll Power Stunt off of Lucas' Communion Array the following.
Power Stunt wrote:Enhanced Skill 6 [Concentration: 23], Enhanced Feat 1 [Skill Mastery 1 (Concentration), Ultimate Effort (Concentrate)], Feature 1 [Lucas acts as an energy source for Shi'Halal]]
Descriptor wise, Lucas fortifies Shi'Halal's systems with his psionics. Taking strain off of them, and reinforcing them when they falter. I'll take 10 on the Concentration checks, for a result of 35. If it gets to the point where the DCs would surpass that, let me know. I'm willing to spend 1 HP on Ultimate Effort (Concentration).
HP: 3 - 1 (counter Fatigue from Power Stunting)
Communion Array: Enhanced Skill 6 [Concentration: 23], Enhanced Feat 1 [Skill Mastery 1 (Concentration), Ultimate Effort (Concentrate) Feature 1 [Lucas acts as an energy source for Shi'Halal]]
Blast "Arsenal" Dynamic Array: Healing 15 [Flaws: Others Only (-1/r), Distracting (-1/r) ; Extras: Total (+1/r), Affects Objects (+1/r) ; Power Feats: Persistent (+1 pp), Regrowth (+1 pp), Precise (+1 pp), Variable Descriptor "Technology" 2 (+2 pp)]
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Understood,” Shai’Halal affirms, and both armor and armored get to work, flexing enormous psychic ‘muscles’ in the process.

It is a slow burning, as if Imperious’ insides were cooking in a pressure-cooker, the heat slowly building within. It begins to turn intolerable, when the Ogrestructure roars and twitches, roiling and squirming.

We are done,” Shai’Halal notes, exhaustion in her voice. Above him, Imperious sees a billion puppy-sized organisms emerging from hidden pockets in the Ogre’s flesh, and watches as they begin to quickly repair the damage.

Though only Imperious hears it, the wordless ‘voice’ of the Ogrestructure’s soul is immense. “WHAT. HAVE. YOU. DONE. HOW. AM. I. ALIVE.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

It took restraint on top remove his helmet. Inside his armor Lucas was sweating. But there wouldn't be escape form the heat, even if the helmet were removed. It came from inside himself. He was overheating. He staggered, almost fell over, when the Ogre quaked. A lot of strength and stability already drained from his limbs. Though by bracing himself up against the wall of flesh in front of him he managed to stay up right. Shi'Halal informed him they were done and at that point he allowed himself to descend to the ground, his back up against the wall. Lucas' limbs trembled from the strain his body was under.

He heard the soul of the titanic being and looked upward. Tiredly he watched the creatures crawl out of hidden places and begin to tend to the body of the Ogre.

"I healed you. Rest and get well."

Lucas' nerves burned, buzzing with an physiology overworked by the current of psionic energies that had been pouring through him and into his armor. Looking at his shaking hands he controlled his breathing. Tried to still himself. It didn't work. Lucas tried to clench his hands into fists and force the shaking to stop, but he lacked the strength. Eventually he set his hands on his thighs and watched the Ogre's recovery while he spoke to it.

"There is a disease inside you, made from your own flesh by someone else. It hurts others. There are machines around you meant to kill the infected so the disease does not spread. When you have cleansed the disease from yourself and the people inside you, I will tell the machines to sleep so that they do not attack you or those within you."

OOC wrote:
HP: 2
Communion Array: Enhanced Skill 6 [Concentration: 23], Enhanced Feat 1 [Skill Mastery 1 (Concentration), Ultimate Effort (Concentrate) Feature 1 [Lucas acts as an energy source for Shi'Halal]]
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

The reply was immediate. “WHERE. IS. MY. HERD. I. CANNOT. SMELL. THEM. I. CANNOT. HEAR. THEM. WHERE. ARE. THEY.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Herd. That could be others like it, or possibly spoken possessively of the Demiogres that once lived inside of the Ogre. Imperious wondered how much it recalled. Shi'Halal said that the Ogre's brain how been damaged. That could lead to memory lose, and other impairments. He drew in a slow breath, held it a few seconds, then exhaled. An effort meant to help steady his buzzing nerves. Though tired, his response to the gigantic creature was spoken calmly.

"There are no others like you here. Do you remember how you came to this place?"
OOC wrote:
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

TINY. BITING. ANTS. ALWAYS. UNDERFOOT.

BITING. ALWAYS. BITING. STINGING. WITH. STRANGEROCK. TALONS.

A. SHINING. ONE. CAME.COME. WITH. ME. COME. TO. SAFETY.SO. I. GO.

THEN. ATTACKED. I. AM. I. FALL. CRASH. HERE. I. DIE. GO. TO. PLACE. OF. PLENTY. AM. CONTENT. THEN. I. HEAR. CALL. I. COME. IT. IS. YOU. WHO. CALLS. NOW. I. AM. HERE.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Imperious listened, his eyes half closed from fatigue. He had to remember he was speaking with an animal. There was a lot left out. It might not be able to grasp all that happened to it. Or didn't remember. Either way, he didn't want the belief that he had ripped it away from a place of contentment and plenty to create resentment toward him. So he offered something of an explanation.

"You were hurt. Not dead. Sleeping for a long time. Dreaming. Not in another place."

His left hand rose from his lap only to fall to the ground. His gauntlet clad palm pressed to the flesh of the ancient creature he sat upon ... that he was inside of. Still, his eyes watched the alien activity taking place overhead.

"You are part of my herd now."
OOC wrote:
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

MY. CHILDREN. DO. THEY. LIVE. MY. LITTLE. CHILDREN. HAVE. THEY. SURVIVED. AM. I. ALONE.

Sadly, it seems no Demiogres have been resuscitated.