[The Forever Tree]Rustdeity IC.

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Hoid

Re: [The Forever Tree]Rustdeity IC.

Post by Hoid »

I cannot tell if it was sentient or not. It’s head has suffered severe cranial trauma, to the point an analysis of the brain is pointless and will only provide us with minimal answers.

The ceremony draws to a close, as the final infant is blessed, followed by group prayer. The shaman incants from an old, fungus-encrusted book, then they begin to depart.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

He patiently waited for the families to depart, and the priest to have finished the rituals of his caste. At that point he walked towards the priest, his left his motioned for Baffe to accompany him. Just outside of three meters from the mutant, Imperious stopped and addressed the deformed creature.

"Hello. I am Imperious. My companion, Baffe, would like to give thanks to ..."

Imperious raised his hands, gesturing to the grandness of the wounded creature that they stood within.

"... this great being. He tells me it helped his people gain their freedom."

OOC wrote:
HP: 3
Defense: 20
Conditions: Healthy
Encephalon: Activated
Communion Array: Impervious Toughness 20
Blast "Arsenal" Dynamic Array: Enhanced Strength 30 and Strike 3 [Feats: Might (+1 pp), Variable Descriptor "Technological Weaponry" 2 (+2 pp)]
Flight "Utility" Dynamic Array: Speed 2 ; Quickness 14 ; Ultravision Extended 2 ; X-Ray Vision Extended 2 ; Microscopic Vision 4 Extended 1 ; Visual Detect Life
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

The shaman seems unfazed. “Yes,” he says, “yes. As prophecy says. The iron man comes again. We welcome you, god-from-outside! We welcome you! Long have we waited for you! You...” It squints, then frowns. “No,” it mutters, seeming confused. “Not the one. Not the one. Not the one.
Last edited by Hoid on Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

"Review the scans we took of the tissue samples found in the Red Gear Brotherhood's TEGS lab. Compare them to the Beastscape and the augmented human corpses."

... Lucas directed Shi'Halal after the thought had stewed in his head for awhile. The priest's return greeting left Imperious quiet for a time. The Warseeker had a dwelling on Corrosion, but Lucas suspected the mutant was making a reference to Jax, and his planned return from self exile. Or hiding, depending on how you looked at the situation. When the priest devolved into muttering the same thing over and over Imperious interjected.

"What is this prophecy that you talk of?"

OOC wrote:
Blast "Arsenal" Dynamic Array: Enhanced Strength 30 and Strike 3 [Feats: Might (+1 pp), Variable Descriptor "Technological Weaponry" 2 (+2 pp)]
Flight "Utility" Dynamic Array: Speed 2 ; Quickness 14 ; Ultravision Extended 2 ; X-Ray Vision Extended 2 ; Microscopic Vision 4 Extended 1 ; Visual Detect Life
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

The shaman no longer seems capable of coherent speech. He just stands and mutters, frozen in fear, as if he’s displeased some deity. Then, finally, he speaks, saying, “Iron man came and rescued our great lords from damnation, but devils plagued the iron man, and the divine wind went asunder, flying is far from paradise. We emerged into a place of void, death and suffocation. The great lords’ lord suffocated, and the great lords gave their lives so that void could not get in.

We honor them, though they are dead. They watch us from their silent thrones, both large and small. One day they will reincarnate, and our tribulation will end.

But you are not the iron man. He still has not come back.
Last edited by Hoid on Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

After the priest finishes explaining the prophecy, and how it related to the history of these people, Imperious turned his head to look at the bodies that served as the focal point of this community's ancestor worship.

"You are right. I am not the iron man. Your dead lords are unfamiliar to me."

His gaze lingered for a moment as he mentally played out what the mutanted spiritual leader described. Their arrival here wasn't intentional from the sound of his tale. When he brought his eyes back to the mutant Imperious motioned towards the moldy old book he had recited scripture from earlier.

"What is this book you read from during the ceremony?"

OOC wrote:
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

The shaman possessively clutches the tome. “It is a book of power, spells bound within. Mighty magic. It explains the great lords, and tells of the iron man and his promises.

Shai’Halal says, “Look at individual pages in the book, please. We can see through the fungi encrusting it.
OOC:
The following assumes you do this.
Interesting. It’s a medical textbook, titled Ogresciences: The Basics. It describes the great lords as a type of human infected with alien DNA: Demiogres, who are paranatural. The tiny Demiogres are, to be blunt, tumors that grew, ripened, and fell off the larger Demiogres.

As to scanning the DNA, I have come to a conclusion, though further evidence might modify this. TEGS is entirely unnatural. It is bioengineered, turning a beneficial symbiotic series of microbes into hideous toxins that deform.

The vast beast we are in is called an ‘Ogrestructure. It is alien, but, despite its immense destructive capacity, seems almost designed to aid humanity. It’s interior Hollow is explicitly geared towards aiding human survival.
Last edited by Hoid on Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

At Shi'Halal's request Lucas focused his gaze on the book and tried to peer through it, past the cover, page by page. Though at a speed he would have never been able to read at without Shi'Halal's augmenting his cognitive processes. Imperious noticed how the priest clutched protectively at the book, however. After Shi'Halal had gotten what she needed he looked away from the book and back to the man holding it. Slowly he extended his right hand, palm up, and held it poised between himself and the priest.

"Time does not appear to have been kind to this tome. If you allow it, I may be able to restore it to a degree."

While he awaited the priest's response Imperious thought over what Shi'Halal had shared with him.

"Do you believe the original microbes could be used to combat TEGS? If the Ogrestructure were healthy again ... I wonder if it's immune system would fight the infection."

The Ogrestructure had become a plague carrier. While he had the means of producing a sterilization gas to cleanse the area of TEGS, it would prove harmful to the mutated inhabitants. They couldn't be safely relocated either ... and he had no idea how to treat a TEGS victim. A creative solution may be required required.

OOC wrote:If the mutant allows him to touch the book, Imperious will use Heal on it. Which has Affects Objects as a Extra.
Flight "Utility" Dynamic Array: Speed 1 ; Quickness 15 ; Ultravision Extended 2 ; X-Ray Vision Extended 2 ; Microscopic Vision 4 Extended 1 ; Visual Detect Life
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

The shaman clutches his book as if it were an infant and turned it away from him. “No! It is too holy! You are not one of the People. The People are inside; those who are not the People are from outside.

I’m not sure,” Imperious’ armor says to him. “MUCH more study is necessary.
Last edited by Hoid on Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Imperious lowered his hand when the priest's protectiveness increased. The matter was not pressed. Perhaps he had given too much attention to the object that had been given religious significance. Though he was already nearly nine feet away from the priest, he took a step back to emphasize he was not going to try to take the book by force. He watched the mutant for a moment, giving time for tension to leave him. Then Imperious turned to face the rows of corpses. Demiogres.

"Would you find it disrespectful if I spoke with your dead lords?"

OOC wrote:
Flight "Utility" Dynamic Array: Speed 1 ; Quickness 15 ; Ultravision Extended 2 ; X-Ray Vision Extended 2 ; Microscopic Vision 4 Extended 1 ; Visual Detect Life
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Pray? Yes, praying is good.
Last edited by Hoid on Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

He didn't intend to pray, but Imperious didn't correct the priest either. The man would interpret Imperious' actions how he would. Turning to fully face the rows of corpses he walks closer to them. Walking in front of the rows his moved his eyes up and down the bodies as he passed them. Inspecting them, their articles of clothing, and personal effects. While he walked Imperious spoke, his voice raised as though he were projecting it to be heard by the crowd of dead people.

"This Ogrestructure has been grievously wounded. It has become a carrier of a disease that infects it's human inhabitants. How did this come to be ... and does the Ogrestructure have the means to fight this infection?"

OOC wrote:Do corpses fall under "objects"?
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

A tiny corpse speaks, saying, “Sun-man organism lied to greatersourceself. Lessersourceself couldnot Save greatersourceself. We died. I am a failure.

A monstrously obese Demiogre’s corpse speaks, saying, “Will we get there, soon? Sol Invictus is helping us! What could possibly go wrong!

Another Demiogre corpse: “Some Promised Land this turned out to be. F*****g figures.

Another: “No saving any of us, son. We’re just corpses. And the big guy? Give it a try you never know ‘til you do. I wonder if I made it to Heaven. Hmmm. This is a conundrum!

Yet another: “Horse.Horse.Horse.Horse.Horse.Horse.Horse!
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

As the corpses spoke Imperious looked to the individual speaking, but he did not stop walking even as his head turned from one to the next. Some of what they said sounded like recited pieces of conversation from the past. Echoes through time. Others were more proper responses. He didn't know what this talk of a Horse was, however. One of the mentioned that they were all corpse. That they couldn't be saved. Imperious responded to this one first.

"There are people living within the Ogrestructure, yet afflicted by the disease. They can be helped."

There was a pause before he proceeded to comment on the proposal to 'give it a try'. There were too many unknowns for Lucas.

"I do not know if I should help this Ogrestructure. It was crippled for a reason. Reviving it could be giving strength to a being that wishes me and my people harm. If it cannot fight the infection, it will be a plague carrier of epic proportions. Do you know about the confrontation that brought it low?"
OOC wrote:
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

The fourth Demiogre corpse to speak speaks again, saying, “Don’t know much, son. We’re corpses, not the usual inanimate things psychics like you talk to. Brain damage can affect our replies, unlike most matter. You’re talking to the left over bits of soul clinging on inside our brains. I should know, I could do this, too. But this isn’t really me, son, just a faded echo.

I do remember some things, though. Sol Invictus, the one, the only, was going to move us to his own personal pocket-reality, get away from the war. But, son...something big showed up mid-route. Something huge. It accused us of being ‘ungrateful children’. After that, Sol Invictus and this thing fought and us? We were sent flying through realities. Ended up here during some big space battle. Now...we’re all dead.