[The Forever Tree]Rustdeity IC.

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: [The Forever Tree]Rustdeity IC.

Post by Sakuro »

Imperious' offered a slight shake of the head when 0101 spoke names he did not know and talked as if she thought he knew them. Nepenthe used the name Jocasta, after her daughter. But she was the Grand Duchess of the Skycity of Hkalloar. Those were the only references he could make to the name. The way she talked about this person acting as a communication terminal for Jax, it didn't fit Nepenthe anyway. Her daughter, he could not say. Though that left Lynne as a complete unknown.

"I do not who this Jocasta of Lynne is. Nor do I know where or what Lynne is."
OOC wrote:
HP: 1
Defense: 20
Conditions: Healthy
Encephalon: Deactivated
Communion Array: Alternate Save (Will).
Blast "Arsenal" Dynamic Array: Healing 15 [Flaws: Others Only (-1/r), Distracting (-1/r) ; Extras: Total (+1/r), Affects Objects (+1/r) ; Power Feats: Persistent (+1 pp), Regrowth (+1 pp), Precise (+1 pp), Variable Descriptor "Technology" 2 (+2 pp)]
Flight "Utility" Dynamic Array: Speed 2 ; Quickness 15 ; X-Ray Vision Extended 5 ; Microscopic Vision 4 ; Visual Detect Life
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

I was not being clear enough. My apologies. You have a friend named Jocasta. She is pre-Catastrophe. Ask Jocasta about Lynne.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

A clarification, but still uninformative. Perhaps she couldn't give out details. A mental block implanted in her psyche. If that were so, what other contingencies were there designed into her? With her psychic blockers disabled it would be easier for Mr. Ashcroft to read her. Not easy, but less painful. Imperious thought about what to do with her if she survived the crude and invasive carving away pieces of her psyche. The easy answer was to kill her anyway. Not bother waiting. She was a tool and a victim though. In a sense, the person who had committed the crime against Bastion's citizenry was already dead. Executed when he killed off all of 0101's other selves. She couldn't be a prisoner here, however. Her ability to interface with technology was a danger. His eyes narrowed thoughtfully.

"Is there anything else that you wish to say?"
OOC wrote:
Blast "Arsenal" Dynamic Array: Healing 15 [Flaws: Others Only (-1/r), Distracting (-1/r) ; Extras: Total (+1/r), Affects Objects (+1/r) ; Power Feats: Persistent (+1 pp), Regrowth (+1 pp), Precise (+1 pp), Variable Descriptor "Technology" 2 (+2 pp)]
Flight "Utility" Dynamic Array: Speed 2 ; Quickness 15 ; X-Ray Vision Extended 5 ; Microscopic Vision 4 ; Visual Detect Life
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

She simply says, “Protect my sons. If you are to kill me for my treachery, make it quick. Tell Cord the truth, but tell Michael I had to go on a journey far, far away.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

After 0101 has said what she needed to, Imperious turned around and left the room. No promises made. No assurances given.A fair distance away from the cell he sent a message off to Mickey.

"The next opportunity there is to schedule a portal to Omnicron, have 0101 sent to the Iron Enginseers there. Warn them of her ability to interface with technology, and that she has been compromised by psychics in the past. She has also experience recent psychic trauma. Instruct them to remove the implants allowing her to interface with technology other than her sensory input and audio communication."

Following the communique sent to Mickey, Imperious sent a briefer one to Nepenthe on Corrosion.

"Return to Bastion via the Wyrmtunnel at the next opportunity. There are matters we need to discuss in person, as well as a change in plan."
OOC wrote:
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Mickey responds, “Sure thing, boss-man.

Thank God,” Nepenthe sighs. “These Tlolkku are...exactly as I remembered them. I’m on my way.
OOC:
Alright. What now?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Nepenthe said he was on her way. Imperious didn't know how much activity the Wyrmtunels were recieving, but he contacted the Wyrmtunnel's Icon.

"Franz, please inform me when travelers from Omnicron next arrive."

As he walked down the fortress settlement's corridors he thought over the wurm issue. He had asked the doctor to expose the wurms to positive emotion, but that was not so easy to do in a clinical setting. He had an idea of how to assist in this regard. Imperious contacted Mickey again.

"To your knowledge, are the birthday Icons still staying at Bastion?"

If the answer was an affirmative, he went on to outline instructions for her.

"See if you can find some parents who are willing to allow their children, young children, to participate in an experiment. Then set up a monitor in the medical wing, near where the wurms are being studied. Invite the birthday Icons to engage with the children using the monitor as a medium. At some point during the interaction, when they have become comfortable with each other, see that the children are given treats. You may of course tell the parents the details of what I have described to you."
OOC wrote:
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

“..,ooooookay,” Mickey doubtfully responds. “Yeah, those adorable Icons’re still here. I’ll get to that, immediately.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Mickey's response to his instructions, the tone in her voice, it made Lucas think of the Cultists who had been preaching he was a demon. He wondered how many people bought into that. The thought led to his ruminating on some negative events in his childhood when he had a conversation with a hammer that was used in a murder. It had told him what happened. When he explained the situation later and proved the killer's actions, people had reacted poorly. They though he knew things that he should have now ay of knowing.

Lucas stopped the train of thought before it went any further. He realized that Franz hadn't responded to his request. Emerald eyes narrowed subtly. Having experienced too many bad events when someone failed to respond to a communique Imperious made his way to the Wyrmtunnel. After inspecting the guards that should be stationed there he directed his voice to the center of the room.

"Franz, do you hear me?"
OOC wrote:
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

OF COURSE. I AM SORRY I HAVE BEEN USED AGAINST YOU SEVERAL TIMES. WHAT DO YOU NEED OF ME?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Imperious felt over the space the memetic Icon was located. The area that the portal was likely to manifest, from memory. The corners of his lips subtly curved downwards.

"Your ability to communicate over range may have been compromised."

Franz said she had been shed against him several times. One was the abduction of Mr. Ashcroft. Another could be the transport of wurms to this location. Were there others? Rather than muse on that, he asked.

"Other than Mr. Ashcroft's abduction, how have you been used against me?"
OOC wrote:
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

MANY OF MY ENDPOINTS HAVE BEEN CLOSED OFF, PRIMARILY IN PERPENDICULAR-2 IN A REGION KNOWN AS THE BOWL OF URUKU. FURTHERMORE, I AM NO LONGER ABLE TO OPEN MYSELF TO ALLOW TRAVEL TO THE RESONANCE GENERATED BY JAX, HIMSELF. AND FINALLY, I HAVE BEEN ORDERED TO SPY ON YOU. THESE LAST ORDERS WERE GIVEN BY AN ENTITY IDENTIFYING ITSELF AS THE OBSIDIAN MAN.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Perpendicular 2. Now he knew what designate Hod was located on. Is surprised him that Franz had once been able to transport people to Jax's personal resonance. The place that the rogue Enginseers in To-Ki-Oh were trying to reach with the broadcast array. The last comment was the most troubling. Franz was an unwilling spy, feeding information to Hod's agent now. That meant every time a Wyrmtunnel was used Hod would know who and where people went. That was unfortunate. Perhaps he could use that to send misinformation though.

"Do you recall what methods were used to alter you?"

He didn't expect a helpful response to that question. It was likely any memory of the process was removed. Better to ask, in case of a slip up however. Lucas gave the Icon time to respond before posing a second question.

"To what range do you senses extend?"
OOC wrote:
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

NO. I DO NOT.

AND MY SENSES? THEY CONNECT TO WHEREVER I CONNECT, ALBEIT ONLY IN THE IMMEDIATE VICINITY OF MY ENDPOINT.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

At least she didn't connect to external security systems or cover a large sensory zone. Transits was still going to be reported and there remained the possibility that a tunnel route could be closed off at an inconvenient time. Isolating one group from the others at an inconvenient time.

"It is saddening that you are being abused like this. Thank you for telling me what you are able to."

Lucas raised his left hand in a comforting gesture, in the direction of the memetic Icon. Then he turned and moved towards the room's exit. As he walked by guards he paused to speak with one of them.

"See that I am informed when the next group of travelers arrive."

After recieving an acknowledgement that his instructions were heard and understood, Imperious left the area. In fact he left Bastion, taking to the skies above. Overhead he sent out a message to Chandraputra, Mother Mercy, and Houston warning them that a hostile force had the ability to monitor use of the Wyrmtunnels and receive information about the area immediately around the portal access points.
OOC wrote:Imperious has to wait for some things to happen before he does too much more. Waiting for results of exposing the wurms to positive emotions before he can try to progress resolving that issue. Waiting for Nepenthe's arrival before he can discus new developments with her. I'm idling away time until enough has passed for one of those to happen.

If I knew he had a lot of time before either of those things occurred, I'd have him either visit Ang or the chained Skynode Icon. That or visit the Imperial Palace's library to look for information on the wurms.