[The Forever Tree]Rustdeity IC.

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: [The Forever Tree]Rustdeity IC.

Post by Sakuro »

When the fourth corpse spoke again Imperious paused and moved to stand in front of them. He remained silent while the echo shared what it did remember and explained the reality of what he was really speaking with. After the story of the battle between Sol Invictus and their aggressor was shared he looked to the corpse that had repeatedly said 'Horse'.

"The Horse?"

"You died. Yes. Your deaths were not without meaning. You saved people, and their descendants still make efforts to show their appreciation."

Imperious paused, thinking about what items, other than the book held by the priest, could have endured the test of time and had exposure to events pertaining to the Ogre's attitudes and nature.

"Do you remember what it was like living in the Ogrestructure when it was alive and vital? Did it ever require medical attention?"

OOC wrote:
HP: 3
Defense: 20
Conditions: Healthy
Encephalon: Activated
Communion Array: Impervious Toughness 20
Blast "Arsenal" Dynamic Array: Enhanced Strength 30 and Strike 3 [Feats: Might (+1 pp), Variable Descriptor "Technological Weaponry" 2 (+2 pp)]
Flight "Utility" Dynamic Array: Speed 1 ; Quickness 15 ; Ultravision Extended 2 ; X-Ray Vision Extended 2 ; Microscopic Vision 4 Extended 1 ; Visual Detect Life
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

It glowed with an inner sun. Crops could be planted, animals could graze, the air and water fresh and pure. ‘Twas a wonderful thing. But we were changing. Others, outside the Ogre, feared what we were becoming.

Our Ogre required no attention, no caring; it cared for us. We heard rumors other Ogres were appearing all over the world, and Sol Invictus thought the world might end, so he thought to save us.

Then the devil’s steed came riding up, and, well... Here we are.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

The dead man's echo confirmed some of what Shi'Halal's scans had told them. This creature had a symbiotic nature with the people occupying it. It changed them ... some might say improved them ... and sustained them. As it was struggling to do with the TEGS tainted mutants. Imperious considered precautions he could take to prevent a healed Ogrestructure from becoming a threat. Either willfully, or as a TEGS carrier. The disassembler nanites he took from the Tlolkku lab might be able to act as a contingency. The Ogre had plenty of biomass that could be converted into antimatter. Antimatter which could be detonated to ensure it's end and the eradication of it's infected population. As he planned, Imperious continued his dialog with the echo.

"You said there was a war. Sol Invictus thought the world would end. Did the Ogres attack your world?"

OOC wrote:
Blast "Arsenal" Dynamic Array: Enhanced Strength 30 and Strike 3 [Feats: Might (+1 pp), Variable Descriptor "Technological Weaponry" 2 (+2 pp)]
Flight "Utility" Dynamic Array: Speed 1 ; Quickness 15 ; Ultravision Extended 2 ; X-Ray Vision Extended 2 ; Microscopic Vision 4 Extended 1 ; Visual Detect Life
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Animals don’t wage war. They just move into an area, set up dens, and do what animals do. That’s all these magnificent Ogres are, son: glorious animals. But people? Sure. People though the Ogres were invading. Nukes had been used. I think. I can’t...remember certain things. Brain damage.

A new Demiogre corpse speaks, saying, “HorseIsFather.HorseIsGrandfather.HorseIsOgre.HorseIsAboveOgre.” It utters a strange choking noise. “AngryFather.ViolentFather.” Another choking noise. “DisappointedInHisChildrensFall.SoDisappointed.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Animals. Selectively bred to house and enable a population. That implied they were domesticated at one point. The interjection of the choking voice drew Lucas' attention away from the one in front of him. His head turned, eyes fixing on it, as it tried to convey something abut the relationship between the originator of the Ogres. It sounded as it the Ogres had gotten loose from their master or sire. They could have gone feral in the wild. If this one was healthy again, would the Horse-Father come after them again? Impreious' gaze turned back to the more cognizant and vocal of the echoes.

"You say the Ogres are akin to animals. Was this one trained? Were you able to work with this Ogre, the way a dog can be used to steer a herd, or a horse can be employed as a reliable mount taking you where you wish to go?"

OOC wrote:
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

I can’t remember....

A female Demiogre corpse speaks, saying, “I Spoke With Our Ogre, Though We Used No Words. It Is A Remnant OF A People Now Dead, Offspring Of A Perfect Father But Born With Imperfection. Driven Forth By Unruly Children, The Old Gods Gave Way To the New. I Don’t Understand What This Means. I Never Did. Now, I Am Dead And Can’t Learn.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

A new voice. One of the dead-echoes that hadn't spoken before. Imperious turned to her when she spoke, and he approached the voice's body. Imperious listened thoughtfully. Before speaking he reflected on what some of the others had said, and mentally formed a theory, which he shared aloud with the woman's echo when she showed disappointment in never learning what the Ogre' message meant.

"The Ogre showed signs of millions of years of selective breeding. There are four races I know whose genetic material can be used to cultivate TEGS. The Ogre, Manifold Giants, Fish ... and a people that were documented as False Gods. It is possible that these have a root origin. If so, the False, or New, Gods may have supplanted the progenitors of these four racial branches. The Horse another mentioned was said to be the Grandfather. The perfect father, whose children were cast out by his grandchildren. New Gods. That would explain why he was angry when you met him."

He went silent after sharing his own thoughts on the possible origin of the Ogres that was filtered to him through the dead. Imperious soon turned his energies back towards more immediate matters. Ogre handling. The woman said she communicated with it, but without language. Did she have parantatural abilities that enabled this, or was this too enabled by the Ogre in some way others could access?

"How is it that you communed with the Ogre? Was there a place in the Ogre you went?"

OOC wrote:
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

I Sent My Paramecium, My Doll.” It’s then Imperious notices the tiny tadpole-like creature resting in her lap, just as dead as she was. “Paramecium Can Talk To Anything, It Is Her Gift. She Can Talk And Everything Will Hear Her. She Can Listen, And Everything Will Speak With Her. I Could Not Understand What My Paramecium Tried To Tell Me. Now It’s Too Late.

Paramecium speaks: “Lessersourceself failed greatersourceself. Lessersourceself is ashamed.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

His helmeted head turns downward to look at the tumor-spawned tadpole creature-corpse that accompanied the Demiogre. Crouching down he positioned himself at eye level with the smaller corpse.

"I was told that you helped save many people. That would give your deaths meaning. It would make them a noble sacrifice."

The question formed in his mind sounded odd. Or it would to someone who wasn't talking to corpses. In Lucas' mind anything and everything was possible. Even the bizarre. Even the impossible. Though as he asked the question, he felt it unlikely.

"Are you still able to talk to the Ogre? If it were healed, and it's brain worked."

OOC wrote:
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Paramecium says, “Organism is being funny! Ha! Ha! Ha! Lessersourceself is dead, silly organism must see this!
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

"Yet you are talking to me."

Imperious responded plainly, without mirth or jest. Other than that statement, he let the matter drop. He now knew that communication with the Ogre was possible, though it did not use language in this process. The next thing he needed to know was ... how willing it was to listen, and how it responded to direction. As a gigantic beast wondering on it's own accord wherever it willed, it would be a danger.

"Did the Ogre listen to you? Say danger was coming and you told the Ogre it needed to leave or that another place had unfriendly people and you told it to stay away from there. Would it go to a safe place you directed it to?"

OOC wrote:
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Lessersourceself is not sure. Greatersourceself?

Yes, child?

Can lessersourceself help organism?

In an indulgent tone akin to a mother humoring her child: “I don’t see why not.

Yay!
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Imperious silently observed the interplay between echoes. Had no one tried to their hand at training the Ogre? Was it left to beastial instinct? How could people live like that, allowing an animal to decide where they went, throwing them into danger, and taking them away from resources or communities?

"The Ogre needs to be healed first. I will let you know when it is time to make the attempt."

He wasn't going to count on the dead to be able to communicate with the Ogre. If he managed to restore it to heal. The nanites were a fail safe. He didn't want to have to use them and the subsequent antimatter they created. Imperious rose to a standing posture once more. Though he continued to speak aloud it was his armor that he spoke with next.

"Shi'Halal, in your scans is there anything to indicate that the Ogrestructure would be responsive to certain forms of stimuli?"
OOC wrote:
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

It is not dead, yet. I would say, it could be prodded. I think it’s a very docile creature to begin with. I find it hard to believe these ‘Ogres’ are the result of evolution. It seems more likely to me the result of a benevolent xeno apecies. Perhaps the Sunsphinx.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Sometime Lucas forgot that Shi'Halal was not privy to all the conversations he held. Or heard only side so. So he gave her a concise overview of what he had been told.

"The echoes of the Demiogres mention a Horse. A Father and Grandfather who was disappointed and angry with the Ogres. There is mention of New Gods supplanting Old Gods, and the Ogres being cast out."

Docile giants. Well, a cow generally docile herbivore could become a menace if one did not know how to handle them. Understanding was important to coexistence. Communication, on some level, helped. Shi'Halal suggested that the Sunsphinx may have been the creators of the Ogres. He had doubts about this after having heard what the Demiogres said. But the SUnsphinx had an ancient civilization. It was probably they new something.

Lucas lowered his eyes, and shifted them to his left hip. There was an armored compartment at that spot, which contained the Sunsphinx Changecube, and within that Changecube and ancient member of that race of Man.

"Changecube, do you or the Eldest know of the Ogres? I believe they are from Designate-L. Shi'Halal thought the Sunsphinx may have had a hand in their creation."
OOC wrote: