[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
ichigorno

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Science and Superstition

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre Blanco

"Let me try something." Eric stood at the door, taking a deep breath, trying to pick up Claire's scent.

Description Perception Is Claire nearby? (tracking by scent)
Results 1d20+8: 10 [1d20=2]
Roll

Eric didn't feel altogether confident in his first attempt, so he tried again.

Description Perception Is Claire nearby? (tracking by scent)
Results 1d20+8: 15 [1d20=7]
Roll

Eric still wasn't certain, but he thought, 'Maybe'?'

OOC: Eric will take 10 on his second attempt, which would bump it up to 25. Or, do I need to roll again?
Thanks, and have a nice day :)
------------------------------------------
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: I wont't allow for you to just roll endlessly back to back. You'd ne spending a long amount of time whenever you do just trying to pick up a lingering scent. Do you really want to have everyone wait while you do?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 2

Felix takes the time while Jenny is making some magic and Eric is sniffing around to bring up the map on his glasses.

The joys of a real-life HUD where amazing.

Using the compass, as well as the map, he tried to track approximately the direction they had come from, and the direction they wanted to go.

It wasn't an exact science... Well, actually it was an exact science, but it wasn't one he'd exactly came prepared for. And at least it was better than choosing to go left because he always went left first in video games.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: It's hard to figure where exactly you are currently with distinct 'landmarks', but make an intellect check.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Okay, so we started there... and we went that direction... for about that long... which is probably that far... then we turned this way," Felix mumbles quietly to himself, one of his robot hands pokes out of his coat to scratch his head, "So we're here-ish?"
OOC: Int check vs map: 1d20+3 15
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

It takes Felix a hot minute to run through the possibilities, but in the end he's reasonably confident about their current location. If he's correct about his thoughts, everything they really want to investigate is probably in these underground levels. While most things aren't clearly labled and in likelyhood have changed since it's initial construction- The escape hatch for inatance was not in the schematics- there's a dedicated security hub toward the middle of the floor.

What mattered here, is if they wanted to investigate whatever they were researching on this floor, poke around the storage rooms, hit security for some reason, or go further down. There are apparently three sub-levels in total, going by what information he currently has.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Okay, so... search this floor, hit security which will probably give us information but probably alert everybody we're here, or go down right now to the bottom floor?" Felix asks, "I'm thinking bottom floor is probably the best bet. Less traffic, less people would go through that area, probably the best place to hide a person."
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre Blanco

Eric huffed disgustedly and said, "Good thinking, Felix. Hell, there's too damn many scents here for me to pick out hers. I can't even tell if she's BEEN on this floor., so, yeah, bottom floor's probably best place to start."

OOC: I... stand corrected.
Thanks, and have a nice day :)
------------------------------------------
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Bladewind

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Twists and Turns

Post by Bladewind »

Mikjáll Lysanthir/ Michael Kelly
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

Michael nods to Felix and Eric in agreement, crouching down and putting a palm flat against the floor.

"A good assumption, but it does mean we have further to come back if we need to escape...

OOC - not sure what rolls are appropriate... D20 rolls: 3d20 3d20=13, 10, 16
Pathfinder: Senses 9 [(Detect Path, Accurate, Acute, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Ranged, Tracking 2) ]
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

After some debate, h team seems to come to he conclusion of finding their way down to the sub-levels. While the others might b intent on using the map to plot their course, Mikjal takes a different approach. Usually pathfinding in he wilderness involved searching for signs left behind by roaming animals such as deer who carve natural trails in he land. When someone got to his level of preternatural skill however, they learn that people and animals aren't so terribly different in the way they move about.

By paying attention to worn groove, scuffs, and specks of dirt he's able to make some fairly accurate guessing to how patrols are formed. In his case the roll of a pathfinder is employed to explicitly ignore these 'trails' to follow along the less-beaten path. It's not a perfect art, but it' certainly better then wandering around blindly. It's when you're closing on the stairwells down that a hitch in the plan finnaly takes form.

"...Telling you, there's nothing here." A feminine voice sighs from just around the corner, the group halted from rushing into them by a quick gesture from your guide.

"Damnit... Another glitch, you think?" A masculine reply, someone on he younger side.

His apparent patrol partner sighs, and there's a soft click of a radio. "Alpha team reporting in. Nothing this way either. Did anything else show up?"

For the moment you're trapped. You're destination lays just ahead, and from behind the group you hear more footsteps, limiting your ability to backtrack.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix pushes himself back against the wall readying his staff.

Sadly he didn't have anything to distract or get them away from the guards. And unless somebody else had a good idea, or the guards somehow walked right past them, this was going to turn into a fight quick.

He glances at the other and raises an eyebrow as if to ask: What now?
Bladewind

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Twists and Turns

Post by Bladewind »

Mikjáll Lysanthir/ Michael Kelly
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

Hide In Plain Sight - Stealth: 1d20+9 15

Michael flattens against a wall, somehow finding some shadow for the moment. He scans the area, listening closely. He had wanted to get as far down as possible before running into anyone... He looked further down the hallway further away from the team.

Glancing around for something small - slightly larger than a pebble or small rock - he gesture to El Tigre and Felix with the two finger to the eyes motion, points to the object in hand and then down the hall while making a throwing motion...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Mikjal noticed that there's a loose pen tucked against the grit between floor tile and wall within reaching distance.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix gives Michael a confused look. Then he nods, grabbing the pen out of the elf's hand and hucks it down the hall just like the elf had indicated earlier.

Why did he want them to throw it?
Perhaps it was a elf thing. No elf can make a ranged attack without drawing blood?
Was he the mythical elven gurkha?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

When Felix makes to toss the pen down the way, he get's a decent look at the two security guards by the stairwell. One of them seemed human, while the other was freakishly tall and thin even by elven standards. This one seemed to be the feminine voice heard previously, as she starts talking without a visible receiver.

"Understood, we'll-" Clattering down the hallway opposite them cuts the supernatural off instantly. "The hell was that? Hold on, I think we've got something."

Both her and the man raise their weapons- rifles by the look of things, and start to softly jog in that direction. Eric barely waits for them to pass by your hallway you're hidden within before starting forward, seemingly expectant that everyone else would follow behind.
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
------------