Jenny Ember
HP: 2; LP: 1; Condition: fatigued

Jenny chuckled softly. "Sorceror's Apprentice is kind of required viewing..."
ichigorno

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Science and Superstition

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre Blanco
H.P.: 1

~What do you mean, 'getting' a bad feeling?~ Eric mused. Aloud, he said, "One, how do you tell a golem from a regular person? Two, can it be that easy to stop one, to take an eraser to its forehead and erase one letter from a word written there? And three, have I missed anything?"
Thanks, and have a nice day :)
------------------------------------------
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 3

"Well, the original golem from the story was sculpted out of clay," Felix says considering the possibilities, "It might be that the golem has to be made out of one constant material, which would make it easy. But it could be made of multiple things so I suppose if somebody wanted to they might be able to build it to look like a human being. Probably a creepy, uncanny valley human. But chances are the only thing it's going to have in common to looking like a human is the basic shape. Two arms, two legs, and a head."

"I suppose another trick would be if it talks or not. Hard to talk with a scroll in your mouth."

"As for being easy to stop,"
He gives a helpless shrug, "Nobody was able to destroy it before it went crazy. And to take it down it took a group of people who knew it's weak spot. And I don't think it was a happy ending."

"My guess? It's probably carved into the golem, so it probably won't be as easy as rubbing against it. And it's probably going to be defending itself while you try."

"And three? Well, I guess we're trying to figure out if we should check out the conference or if we should just bite the bullet and check out the company directly,"
He looks around, "Though if we're doing that last one we probably want to be prepared for a fight, I don't think this is going to be quiet or easy."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Hunter
She turned to Cheyenne and shrugged. "I saw that on an old TV show. No idea what it actually means, but sometimes the old ritual incantations are the best..."
Chey smiled in genuine good humor and ruffled jennys hair affectionately as the Battle Vans doors opened to a scruffy looking tech mage
Felix flinches at the knock on the door of the Mongrel and kicks open the door, and deadpans a response of "Sell crazy elsewhere, we're all stocked up here."
Chey barked a good laugh at that and replied with due snark "Oh but this is our all new extra weird brand of crazy."

She sat patiently as she listened to the explanation of what was going on before injecting her own thoughts
Well, the original golem from the story was sculpted out of clay," Felix says considering the possibilities, "It might be that the golem has to be made out of one constant material, which would make it easy. But it could be made of multiple things so I suppose if somebody wanted to they might be able to build it to look like a human being. Probably a creepy, uncanny valley human. But chances are the only thing it's going to have in common to looking like a human is the basic shape. Two arms, two legs, and a head."

"I suppose another trick would be if it talks or not. Hard to talk with a scroll in your mouth."

"As for being easy to stop," He gives a helpless shrug, "Nobody was able to destroy it before it went crazy. And to take it down it took a group of people who knew it's weak spot. And I don't think it was a happy ending."

"My guess? It's probably carved into the golem, so it probably won't be as easy as rubbing against it. And it's probably going to be defending itself while you try."

"And three? Well, I guess we're trying to figure out if we should check out the conference or if we should just bite the bullet and check out the company directly," He looks around, "Though if we're doing that last one we probably want to be prepared for a fight, I don't think this is going to be quiet or easy."
"Well this all sounds very Frankensteinien to me. I admit im not up on my Kabalistic teachings as i probably should be but the Golem was nearly unstoppable in hebrew lore."

She pointed to the various objects mentioned "Or they could be trying to recreate Frankenstein's experiments as depicted in Shellys novel through the lens of the old legend."

She paused to let that sink in before continuing

"Think about it, any military in the world would pay top dollar for an unstoppable warmachine that could wade through all sort of fire, or some sort of superhuman soldier that can be pieced together from dead bodies." She shrugged a bit of the disgust at the thought entering her voice.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"Whatever it is they're doing, it's time to decide our next move. The convention center should be easier to infiltrate, but I'm expecting less dramatic revelations. If we're going to the facility... Then yes, we'll likely need to prepare for a drawn out assault." The elf spoke, arms crossed.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

"OK, then, what intel do we have on this company?"
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: This would normally be where Bladewind'd have a time to shine, but... For the sake of the continuing story;

The elven operative leaned into his seat within the Mongrol, crossing his arms and taking a pinched expression. "Teran United. Tech firm, multinational. Has it's hands in a lot of areas, yet it's primary focuses have been things such as the development cybernetic prosthetics and advanced robotics. The fact that they seem to be dipping their toes into the arcane side of that field is a worry. I've heard nothing about them dabbling with magic, but seeing as it's the new hot thing... I'd be hard pressed to find any company that's not at least devoting some resources to it's study."

His fingers rap against his forearm while he briefly pauses to make sure people are following along so far. "We know they've been pysching the public up for some big reveal this week once the convention get's rolling, calling it a game-changer. Who wants to bet these 'projects' of theirs tie into it somehow?"
------------
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 2; LP: 1; Condition: Fatigued

"Especially if they have been working in robotics, golem-craft is not that big a step, except in terms of methods. Even the old movie that gave us the word 'Robot' was based on the golem legend. And with a regular robot, you can reverse-engineer it- build more of them, repair and modify them on your own. Not so easy with golems, so the builder keeps a monopoly on the product- you have to KEEP PAYING. They could make a lot of money just with peaceful tasks- but with the other stuff, it sounds like they might branch into military or security industries too." She looked around the group. "I think we ought to go have a look at this convention. I want to go after the source, but I don't think we have enough information to just crash in there. If they have any of this stuff in production, we could be a little out of our league. If we can learn some more, we might have a better shot..."
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

"I think Jenny makes some good points. We simply don't know enough right now." Eric looked each of the team members in the eye. "My vote is, we check out the convention first, then we check out their office building, once we have some idea of what we face there. Let's all walk out in one piece, huh?" There was warmth in his voice, even as he grinned crookedly.
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"There's still a few more days before it opens to the public, unless you want us to try breaking in."
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"If we're hoping to get Michael's friend back I don't think we can wait for the show to open," Felix says, "Either we'd need to break in and hope they brought their big reveal to the site early, or just move forward without it."

"I can't imagine that they're going to show anything more impressive than magic robots with enchanted arrows and lighting grenades anyways."
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

"OK, so, exactly how do you break into a convention that isn't yet open to the public? I agree, Claire can't wait a few days, so we need to get what we can quickly. I'm certainly open to suggestions here."
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"B&E isn't my area of expertise," Felix says, "If it was a tv show I'd just get Cheyenne to put on a pair of tight leather pants and a distracting top, dress Jenny in some frumpy nerd cloaths, and have her bribe and flirt with security."

"I know it isn't open yet, but my cousin's leaving town tomorrow, and I'd really appreciate it if you could just give us a quick tour, please?"
Felix leans forward, in a fashion that might have been rather provocative if Felix had been a busty lady, and batted his eyes.

"Or you could just try bribing security. I donno," He shrugs, "Either way I need to work on something before we make our move on the company."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Mikjal pulls a brief face at Felix's 'acting skills'. His arms rest neatly against this knees, fingers rhythmically tapping together while his hand pointed downward. Once the technomoage is finished he briefly clears his throat to gather attention back. "In my personal opinion, while it's generally a good idea to check all avenues I'm not sure how much more we'll learn going there rather then at the facility itself. This is a corporation, whatever they're shilling to the public is bound to be a highly sanitized product. As well, we have no idea how much longer Claire will remain safe wherever they're keeping her."

The elf sighs, hanging his head for a short moment. "However... If you're set on this path, I'm well adept at... Well, entering places that I'm not strictly meant to be, we'll say. Either from the old fashioned way, or by simply walking in with my head held high. You'd be amazed how compliant people are when they think you know what you're doing."
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Hunter

"True enough, cant tell you how many times I've just walked in and out of a place I wasnt supposed to be just by acting like I was supposed to be there."

She said as she stretched like some giant lazy cat
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories