[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
pathfinderq1

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Science and Superstition

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 2; LP: 1; Condition: Normal

Once again, Jenny voiced a few sibilant words and wove her hands through an intricate gesture- and again, there was a single fading spark of purple light, and just possibly a whisper of Sad Trombone...

"Something's interfering with my magic!" she muttered (whether or not it was true). But she couldn't just stand around and do nothing... With a sigh, she stepped towards one of the defeated guards- if one of them had a 'magic grenade', perhaps some of the others did...

>OOC: Expertise (Sorcery) 1d20+5= 7, roll https://orokos.com/roll/909472 . So that is a natural 2, following last round's natural 1. something is inetrfering with her magic , all right- it is Orokos... She will move towards the fallen guards to see if anybody else has more of those thunder grenades... If she finds one, she will try to help out MIkjal- though if I have to roll she will instead no doubt find a grenade just as it explodes... :(
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 3; Condition: -1 Bruised, Dazed

This guy was giving her one of the tougher fights in her life and she was enjoying every moment of it. Even when the big man wound up and landed a haymaker that tagged her and made her see stars. She snarled through the pain and launched into an even faster more reckless series of strikes ending by ducking under a big round house punch and throwing a leaping superman punch of her own hoping for a knockout.

_: 1D20+10 = [9]+10 = 19 that s hit her toughness check not sure on that i may blow a hero point if needed not sure what his damage DC is

shes gonna try to put him down all out pow attack for max this time +5/-5 _: 1D20+6 = [11]+6 = 17 meh i WILl blow a HP to reroll that

HP reroll _: 1D20+6 = [20]+6 = 26 YAY :D DC 30 impact
Last edited by catsi563 on Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: Cheyene was left Dazed and bruised! Let's see if it matters though...

Toughness: 22! Second degree!

Something strange is certainly in the air, though just what's going on Jenny is having a hard time telling. Still, she manages to discover that each of the guards had at least one of these "Nimbus Bombs" of theirs. It doesn't seem to have a very complex activation mechanism.

For her part, Cheyenne lands an exceptionally solid punch straight into the Captain's gut, causing him to cough out bloodied spittle. Yet, even though her blow held enough power to tear straight through metal, he manages to whether the blow!

GM:Felix is up!
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 1

Felix scowls, makes a quick adjustment to a few dials on his staff, then aims again.

"Stop ignoring me, dammit," He grumbles.

The next blast seems to fire even more wildly through the air, eliciting a surprised yelp from the technomage launching it.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

As Jenny approaches with the grenade in hand, Mikjal looks up and gives her an approving nod. "If those work like I expect them too, we could really use some non-lethal methods of taking this kicked hornet nest down. Far less paperwork for me that way, and less bad press for you kids."

"Give 'em hell!" Eric comments, struggling to keep the officer pinned to the ground. Her limbs seem to be twisting in odd ways, trying very hard to escape from his death-grip as he continues applying the pressure.

With the enranged captain, some of the bruising from Cheyene's earlier strikes starts to fade away even as he continues to reel from the gut punch. This time, he noticed the effect his own strike had against the powerful woman, and continues to push his body to it's very limit. His next attack comes from him gripping both hands together and raising them above his head, launching into a hilariously telegraphed towards her back that Cheyene nonetheless is unable to actually escape!

Attack: 24! Damn, if only I gave this guy improved critical... Uh, I mean, Roll me toughness! DC 25!

GM: Party is up! {Captain: -2, Staggered}
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 3; Condition: -2 Bruised, Dazed

Cheyenne raised both hands above her head in an X block only to have the powerhouse bruiser nearly drive her to her knees and actually cause the floor beneath her to crack from the dizzying impact which left her vision blurry. The thought ran through her head great concussion great another to add to the collection. She felt her body reacting to the damage though and she transitioned from the block to a muay thai knee strike putting all her considerable muscle behind it

her own regen kicks in next round

Cheys toughness save _: 1D20+9 = [9]+9 = 18 meh ill take it fail by 7 2nd degree -1 dazed

Chey will keep going full power now _: 1D20+6 = [13]+6 = 19 should hit for a DC 30
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 2; LP: (Now) 0; Condition: Normal

With one of the grenades in hand, Jenny stepped over behind Mikjal, as close as she dared- trying to get a good idea of just when to pitch the "explosive". It didn't seem too complicated, and she replayed in her mind the steps the guard had demonstrated with the first grenade. At the right moment, she took a half step around Mikjal and pitched the grenade- with exactly as much aptitude as one might expect.

The grenade left her hand in a not-so-smooth arc- and bounced neatly off the top of the doorframe, landing back in Jenny's hands. With a murmured curse she quickly shoved it away, very much a hot potato, and this time it disappeared back out into the hallway, towards those guards Mikjal had been keeping at least somewhat pinned down...

BOOM!

>OOC: Make a general roll to throw the grenade at least generally in the right place 1d20+2= 4; roll https://orokos.com/roll/909863 . Okay, there is only so much of this I can stand- use her Luck for a reroll 1d20+2= 17, roll https://orokos.com/roll/909865
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix frantically fiddles with hidden switches and dials, cursing his lack of a fourth arm. As he meddles with the bazooka like staff it proceeds to glow and hum, charging up another blast of energy, this time a ball of plasma growing from the end of the staff.

"Eat hot plasma, evil doer!" Felix yells as the ball suddenly burst across the room.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Two strokes, one to the man's face and then a blast of plasma to his chest, and finally the ritually tattooed beast of a man collapses down to one knee. There's still the vaguest hint of defiance left in the brute's eyes, only fading away with his consciousness when the arcane glow dies down to the basic sheen of black ink. He slumps over to the side, defeated.

In the background, Jenny manages to get an absurdly lucky rebound on the alchemical device, landing it smack inthe middle of an encroaching group. Cries of "Shit!" and "Hit the deck!" ring out just before the compressed storm-cloud rolls freely into the hallway, leaving only panicked screams and booms of thunder in it's wake.

"...I'll be confiscating those to take back to the orginization one we're finished here." Mikjal comments, witness to what such a device can do in an ideal environment.

Eric snorts from his position, having decided to just sit on the lanky woman rather then deal with her contortionist act. "Of course you will. Finished with Cheyenne's long-lost brother there? If so, let's finally get that orc and get the fuck outta here."
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix says nothing to Michael's comment, as he was planning on stealing one himself anyways.

With that in mind he passes his staff back over to the robot arms in his coat and quickly scampers from guard to guard to giant tattooed jackass, searching for keys, pass cards, or magical knick-knacks.

"So, open all the doors and see?" Felix asks.

Normally opening all of the locked doors would probably be a terrible idea. Busting people out of jail was questionable if you didn't know why they were jailed up to begin with.

On the other hand this wasn't a prison with legal proceedings and due process. This was a company that had basically kidnapped and imprisoned people.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: You can make an investigation or arcane check while inspecting the Captain.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix attempts to roll the giant man over to gain access to his pockets, grunting, straining and not even coming close to moving the man.

Finally he gives up and looks over to the stronger members of the team, "Little help?"

catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: -2 Bruised, Dazed

When the big man finally dropped she stood there looking at him with a positively predatory look on her face. it was only when felxi spoke that she shook her head and went down to one knee. She wasnt that tire persay she could probably have kept fighting for a week. still shed been pumped up and it was always a bit of a fall off once the fight was over.

She looked at felix gave a bit of a grin as she toed the big man over with a casual gesture of a steel toed boot. then stood up and stretched her arms over her head and moved her neck side to side working out any fatigue. letting her bodies natural healing ability do its work.

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Feelix, though at first he wished to root around in the man's pockets (Just for stuff useful to the mission, and definitely not to find the man's wallet.), eventually comes around to look over the array of runic tattoos. With a closer look he can already tell that though similar, they don't seem quite the mirror-image of Cheyenne's own. By the redness and puckering of his skin, it seems like these were only done a few scant hours prior. Something else he noticed is that after some close inspection, he can see several signs that the man was accumulating some form of mana-poisoning, similar to the spelljunkies fought some weeks prior. The captain was, at least before today, a normal human.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Pfft," Felix scoffs good natured at Cheyenne's assistance, "Show off."

Felix's attention kept getting pulled from looting the man and back to the tattoos. With a low whistle he increased the zoom on his shades and leaned in to take a look.

"Well that's not good," Felix mutters prodding the tattoos, "Good news bad news time."

"Looks like these idiots are trying to make their own super soldier program, they just tattooed this guy today,"
He points to the red irritated skin, "But it's a Mage's Breath incident all over again. He's a normal human, not magically inclined so these tattoos are burning his body out."

He frowned, "Except these tattoos are always on, so... uh, I give him about a week before he's dead."