[OOC] The New Mythos

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
pathfinderq1

Re: [OOC] The New Mythos

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Did we, once upon a time, actually have a plan for getting into the convention? Maybe something our elf/agent friend was going to be able to pull off?

I keep thinking we did, but I honestly can't remember at this point. If we didn't have a plan (or some kind of inside track), it almost makes sense to move right to the company- our record with 'seat of the pants' capers leaves a bit to be desired, and I'm not sure how much we will be able to find out there.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Us? Have a plan? Doesn't sound like something we'd do. :lol:

We did plan on going to the conference, but I don't think we ever did any research on it, so the revelation that it's actually not opened to the public came as a bit of a surprise.
Whoops.

I don't expect we'd learn too much from going there, they're not going to publicly reveal anything except stuff they'd want the public to know.
I won't lie, I am a bit curious to know what their goals are, but since we're trying to save the agent I think we're okay to skip over this.

Sadly M&M doesn't offer up much of an opportunity to gear up against specific opposition.
Or Felix would have an anti-minotaur mech being built right now.

Instead of just a normal mech.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I've actually been stating several times that the convention was "Later that week" (The weekend, specifically starting on Friday). But it's been a bit, so details can slip.

As your GM, I can't say what you may or may not expect to find even just by sneaking in under the cover of night.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

So, remind me, because my brain feels like a sieve... What do we know about the company and its facilities?

One big building, or a campus? In town, or some suburban office park, or further out?

I keep thinking it was a campus, outside of the heavily settled part of the city- but I might be confusing that with some other game.

If it is somewhere where this might work, we ought to drive around and scout a bit before we start shadow-running....
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

You can learn about what the facility itself is like fairly easily with a few searches online. About ten minutes outside of town towards the north-east, the facility is located in a forested area close to the shore of Lake Magnus much like the city itself. It's a gated off series of low buildings, the largest only going up there stories.

Primarily it's a robotics lab, and has facilities built to accomadate that. From videos they sometines post online, the largest area-wise is some sort of converted drydock they use for testing.
------------
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

For some reason, I'm having a really hard time getting into character and focusing on the task this week. I am very sorry.

I will try to buckle down and get something together tomorrow. I just can't put mind mind in the right box for this lately.

The basic idea will be for Jenny to, in order:
1. Spend some of her hoarded cash to go to the Famous Scottish Restaurant and get some dinner and sit for a bit (burn of the lingering Fatigue
2. Use her Gather Information with Streetwise to see if she knows anybody who knows that part of town (or any interesting details about the place)
3. Take a little cab ride out there to see if there are any local spirits (or people spirits lingering, or spirits-of-place for the local environment).

Not sure how much of this she has time to accomplish- the Gather Info by itself takes an hour.

As noted, will try to put this in a coherent narrative form, but I wanted to at least Participate a little.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

It's alright, I've had some of my own issues as of late.

Resting wouldn't take Jwnny much time at all, so that can be waved off easily. For going around gathering information, I'd be fine with her paying extra attention to her surroundings at the dame time.

Go ahead and toss your gather information, and we'll say a general perception for the latter.
------------
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Still need your investigative post about heading to City Hall, Ichi.

You doing anything for Cheyenne, catsi?
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Still here but i cant quite think where to go actually little stuck
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

It's alright, you don't have to necessarily do anything to prepare. If it's more in Cheyenne's nature to just wait for the crew, then go for it.

Ichigorno?
------------
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Hey guys ... I know Michael is supposed to be the taciturn ranger type... but this is ridiculous.

I am trying to make my way back to gaming, I really am, but it feels like the dice gods are actively working to deflect me...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

While I won't be providing a full in-depth layout of the facility, from a meta-level Eric's provided you a way to at least help avoid getting lost once your inside the primary facilities. You can presume yourselves to have a good understanding of the various entry points you could use, but a more tactical analysis may require an additional roll.

Bladewind, I know it's been a bit tough, so you can take your time getting back into things. I'll make sure to keep us all moving along at a decent pace.

Sent Ichigorno a message as well, to poke him and see if he's alright.
------------
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

I'll try to get something up this weekend.

I could swear that it was just Monday- how the heck is it Friday all of a sudden...
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Time is an unfathomable mystery to us all. Much like magnets.
------------
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

and women. Time, magnets and women.... the great mysteries...

I will also have something up today... finally, a good place to come back!
Just doing something positive for the first time in a bit... daughter just turned 18 !
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document