[OOC] The New Mythos

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
jmucchiello

Re: [OOC] The New Mythos : Recruiting! 2 or 3 slots

Post by jmucchiello »

So how would you introduce a new player? As someone in the next "cell" whom the operative befriended and insists be rescued as well perhaps?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

My thinking is that you and any other potential new players would've been active around town, and have come to know TNM as a fledging group of like-minded vigilantes. So that when it comes next time for everyone to meet up, you'd be extended an invitation.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

I was under the impression what they were doing now would take some time to finish. If not, an invitation works.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Theres also the existing characters Cheyenne for example is well known through out the supernatural community as a Troublemaker/Shooter and the bar she works at is a bit of Ricks in casablanca type place So its not out of the question for a new PC to seek her out for reasons and end up with the rest drawn in
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

used her remaining xp and buffed Chey a bit even better tracker healers a bit better and she can now punch it out with nearly anything due to being able to exploit its weaknesses
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Nice, very good. Glad to see your posts during the interlude, they provide a lot to my internal narrative for your Characters.
------------
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I'm tempted to make a submission, but need to figure if I'll have time. The concept is very intriguing.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Sure, you can take some time. I need to consider the next story arc.
------------
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Anything the group is missing? Looks like there is a technology based mage, magic powered power house, and a trickster fox type.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I can't quite picture in my head what would best round out the party right now, though my first thoughts are things like scrapper, investigator, speedster... Though we have smatterings of that in everyone. Design what feels right to you, I think they'd find a place either way.
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

There's already a fox? Or were you referring to my resubmission?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I believe yours is the one referenced, yes.
------------
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Yep.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

I've updated Foxy. I'm going repost it here instead of updating the earlier post:
Foxy
(Hero; PL: 9; PP: 140/140)
--------------------------
Human Form
STR: 0; STA: 9; AGL: 0; DEX: 0; FGT: 0; INT: 0; AWE: 0; PRE: 4

Dodge: 8, Parry: 8, Fortitude: 9, Toughness: 9, Will: 9

SKILLS: Athletics +1 (1r); Deception +19/+39 (6r); Expertise: Stage Magic +10 (10r); Insight +10 (10r); Intimidation +4; Perception +10 (10r); Persuasion +10 (6r); Sleight of Hand +14 (14r); Stealth +10 (10r)

LANGUAGES: English

ADVANTAGES: Attractive 2 (free), Improved Critical 3: Telekinesis: Move Object 5 (free), Luck 3, Power Attack, Skill Mastery: Deception (free), Taunt (free)
Fox Form
STR: -2; STA: 9; AGL: 0; DEX: 0; FGT: 0; INT: 0; AWE: 0; PRE: 4

Dodge: 8, Parry: 8, Fortitude: 9, Toughness: 9, Will: 9

SKILLS: Athletics -1 (1r); Deception +10 (6r); Expertise: Stage Magic +10 (10r); Insight +10 (10r); Intimidation +1; Perception +10 (10r); Persuasion +10 (6r); Sleight of Hand +14 (14r); Stealth +10/+16 (10r)

LANGUAGES: English

ADVANTAGES: Attractive 2 (free), Improved Critical 3: Telekinesis: Move Object 5 (free), Luck 3, Power Attack, Skill Mastery: Deception (free), Taunt (free)
COMBAT
Initiative: +0; Close: +0; Ranged: +0
  • Entrancing Speech: Cumulative Burst Area Affliction 9: (Will DC 19) [Auditory] Range: 30 feet radius sphere, dc 19
  • Grab: +0 (Special DC 10) Range: Close
  • Lightning: Burst Area Damage 9: (DC 24) [Electricity] Range: 30 feet radius sphere, dc 19
  • Telekinesis: Move Object 5: +12 (DC 20) Crit: 17-20 Range: 125/250/500 ft.
  • Throw: +0 (DC 15)
  • Unarmed: +0 (DC 15) Range: Close
POWERS
  • (PRE-House Rule): Enhanced Presence 4 +4 PRE - Ability: Presence; Advantages: Attractive 2, Skill Mastery: Deception, Taunt; Flaws: Limited: Free Interaction skill Advantage for each rank of PRE (8 PP)
    Skill Mastery: Deception allows her to make routine disguise checks even under heavy scrutiny.
  • Alternate Form - Activation: Free Action (21 PP)
    • Alt: Shapeshifting - (1 PP)
      • A thousand faces: Morph 4 +20 Deception checks to disguise; Any form - (20 PP)
        Any human form of roughly her size and mass.
    • Claw, Claw, Bite: Damage 6 - Extras: Accurate 6 (+12), Multiattack (18 PP)
    • Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait -10 - Traits: Dodge -3, Parry -3, Stealth -6, Strength -1 (-10 PP)
    • Shrinking: Shrinking 6 -1 STR, -3 Intimidate, +6 Stealth, +3 active defenses, -1 size rank - Flaws: Permanent (12 PP)
  • Comm Link: Feature 1 - (1 PP)
  • Immunity: Immunity 1 - Aging (1 PP)
  • Speed: Speed 2 Speed: 8 miles/hour, 120 feet/round - (2 PP)
  • Supernatural Abilities - (37 PP)
    • Entrancing Speech: Cumulative Burst Area Affliction 9 - 1st degree: Entranced, 2nd degree: Compelled, 3rd degree: Controlled, Resisted by: Will; Extras: Area (Burst) (30 feet radius sphere, dc 19), Cumulative; Insidious; Subtle 2 Descriptors: Auditory (1 PP)
    • Illusory Effects - (1 PP)
      • Environment: Environment 1 Radius: 30 feet - Cold (Extreme), Heat (Extreme), Light (Bright), Visibility (-5); Flaws: Limited: Hot or Cold, Bright or Dark (Maximum 4 points at a time) 4 (4 PP)
      • Illusion: Illusion 9 Area: 500 cft. - Affects: Three Sense Types - Sight and Sound (27 PP)
    • Lightning: Burst Area Damage 9 - Extras: Area (Burst) (30 feet radius sphere, dc 19), Selective; Descriptors: Electricity (1 PP)
    • Object Reading - (1 PP)
      • Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 3 - Traits: Perception +9 (3 PP)
      • Quickness: Quickness 12 Perform routine tasks in -12 time ranks - Flaws: Limited to One Task: Object Reading (4 PP)
      • Senses: Senses 13 - Counters All Concealment, Penetrates Concealment, Postcognition (13 PP)
    • Scrying: Remote Sensing 15 Range: 120 miles - Affects: 2 Types, inc. Visual - Sight and Sound; Flaws: Concentration (1 PP)
    • Telekinesis: Move Object 5 1600 lbs. - Advantages: Improved Critical 3: Telekinesis: Move Object 5; Extras: Accurate 6 (+12), Damaging, Multiattack, Precise (1 PP)
    • Warp: Teleport 9 2 miles in a move action, carrying 200 lbs. - Extras: Accurate, Change Direction, Change Velocity; Increased Mass 2 Flaws: Quirk: Wherever she arrives, she arrives in Fox Form (people she takes with her aren't affected by this) (1 PP)
BACKGROUND
Kira Donal was inside a Zig-Zag Girl box as part of a stage magic act: The Amazing Arthur. Without warning she shrank down into the form of a fox. While Arthur opening the little door she was supposed to stick her hand out of, she was looking at the pads of her forepaw in the lower part of the box. When she figured out how to grow back up to normal size, she did not realize "normal" meant she was a fox-human hybrid: human face, fox ears on her head, long bushy tail. Arthur somehow rolled with it claiming it was a transformation trick all along.

Over the next few days, Kira figured out how to turn herself back into her old look, although her hair tends to want to grow long and red.

Kira continues to work with Arthur. The act now takes advantages of her magic skills.

Kira has three forms. Her default look of how she use to look except she has fox ears on her head, her hair is more red, and she has five bushy, red tails. She can shift into the form of any other human shape she wishes and has become good at duplicating other people's looks and mannerisms. Finally, she can turn into a red fox, about 18 inches tall at the shoulder, 30 inches long plus an additional 24 inches of tail. The fox form shares her hair and eye colors.

Kira can create supernatural effects by will alone. She generally discovers them when she needs them and for all she knows there are more abilities lurking within her.

Eyes: Right: Purple, Left: Green Hair: Red
Height: 5' 5" Weight:126 lb.

COMPLICATIONS
  • Motivation: Justice
  • Obsession - Pranks: Kira's fox-nature sometimes comes out as a prank. Her ability to misdirect people makes it even easier for her to pull off a prank so she is always looking for a new challenge.
  • Relationship - The Amazing Arthur: Artie "The Amazing Arthur" Mendelson has been Kira's magician partner for several years. Kira is the true magician. People just expect the magician to be a man with a beautiful assistant. Still, Artie is one of her best friends, even if he has a penchant for getting into trouble.
MOVEMENT AND STRENGTH DATA
Size: Shrink size ~3 feet, Normal size ~6 ft.
Teleport: 2 miles per move action, carrying 50 lbs.
Walking: 8 miles/hour; 120 feet/round; Running: 16 miles/hour; 250 feet/round
Swimming: 1/2 mile/hour; 6 feet/round
Jumping: Running 10 ft.; Standing 5 ft.; Vertical 2 ft.; Standing Vertical 1 ft.
Throwing Distances: 200 lbs. up to 6 ft, 50 lbs. up to 30 ft, 12 lbs. up to 120 ft
TOTALS: Abilities: 18, Powers: 70, Advantages: 4, Skills: 23, Defenses: 25 = 140

HOUSE RULES
  • Skill Points: 3 Skill Points per PP
Last edited by jmucchiello on Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Kira is the true magician. People just expect the magician to be a man with a beautiful assistant. Still, Artie is one of her best friends, even if he has a penchant for getting into trouble.
HAH i love this part because its so true. Any good stage magician will tell you that the assistants are the true stars of the show :)

Catsi stories