[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator (Recruiting 1)

Post by Sakuro »

Dominion does not enter the equation. You're wanting to do normal base building under MnM 3e rules. Use 1 PP to to buy a rank of Equipment. That get's you 5 Equipment points. You can spend those 5 EP on anything equipment related. You will need 1 EP for the tunnel (Secret Entrance Feature), Then 1 EP for the Traps Feature. You will have 3 EP left over that you can spend on anything that uses Equipment Points: HQ, Vehicle, or Equipment as listed under those categories in the book.

For the proto-base, I suggest that you review the section in the handbook that discusses HQs. That will describe the method and cost of constructing a HQ. If you are having trouble after that, let me know.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Sakuro wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:09 pm Dominion does not enter the equation. You're wanting to do normal base building under MnM 3e rules. Use 1 PP to to buy a rank of Equipment. That get's you 5 Equipment points. You can spend those 5 EP on anything equipment related. You will need 1 EP for the tunnel (Secret Entrance Feature), Then 1 EP for the Traps Feature. You will have 3 EP left over that you can spend on anything that uses Equipment Points: HQ, Vehicle, or Equipment as listed under those categories in the book.

For the proto-base, I suggest that you review the section in the handbook that discusses HQs. That will describe the method and cost of constructing a HQ. If you are having trouble after that, let me know.
Ok, thanks.
Supernaturalist

Ok, I'm looking at the "Alternate Headquarters" section on pg. 178. I don't think that applies here though since Iona is the only one desiring to set up the foundation for another base. So, I'll assume that Iona is the only one who will spend the EPs to add features.

So, here's what I'd eventually like to have established in the Proto-base:
Size: Medium (1ep)
Toughness: +2 (total of 8, reinforced-concrete) (1ep)
Features: Concealed, Security System, Power System (3 eps)

That should establish a core from which other systems could be added later if need be.

As for the Secret Escape Tunnel, would I have to purchase Security Systems for that or is it considered part of the original HQ (and thus receives that bonus already? Id so, then I have 3 eps left over that I could use for our main HQ or something else.
Supernaturalist

It also just occurred to me that if someone decides to start playing Peter Ezima, his advice/help would be invaluable.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Yup, having another Ascendant PC would give someone with powers/speciality above a regular skilled craftsman in their respective areas. Peters especially were used for base building. Main thread IC wise, I'll hold for a day because it looks like Macynsnow is occupied in real life.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Supernaturalist wrote: I'm looking at the "Alternate Headquarters" section on pg. 178. I don't think that applies here though since Iona is the only one desiring to set up the foundation for another base. So, I'll assume that Iona is the only one who will spend the EPs to add features.
If the PC's base is compromised, and EP the players invested in it will be refunded. That could be folded into the new HQ Iona is setting up. Note, this does not include the free template I setup for you, not the the Favors invested in the base' development.

If you want to be able to use the proto-base at the same time the current base is being used (this includes Personnel actively working at the base) then you need to buy it separately. Not as an Alternate HQ. Alternate HQs function like Arrays. Only one is active at a time.

Supernaturalist wrote:So, here's what I'd eventually like to have established in the Proto-base:
Size: Medium (1ep)
Toughness: +2 (total of 8, reinforced-concrete) (1ep)
Features: Concealed, Security System, Power System (3 eps)
That looks fine. I'm going to need a good explanation for the Canceled Feature.

You may add the proto-HQ to Iona's sheet, along with a description of it, or you may hold onto the PP for now. Either way Iona won't instantly have access to this. It is something she is going to need to locate and build up. She doesn't have an abundance of free time either. She is busy. It can be the subject of an Extended Interlude, or you can write up a post about it though. Though I'd like to do more Interludes with the players, I do not have the energy, so I'm leaning towards encouraging the montage-post route.

Maybe she finds an abandoned structure in the Under City. Mostly in tact but forgotten and burred under rubble. The rubble covering it could explain the Concealed Feature.

SUpernaturalist wrote:As for the Secret Escape Tunnel, would I have to purchase Security Systems for that or is it considered part of the original HQ
You would not need to buy Security Systems. The HQ already has that Feature. It would extend to the new Secret Entrance.

Again, this takes construction time. It won't suddenly appear on the base.
Supernaturalist

I'm not sure if you saw my question about John. Is he gonna be out of it for a bit? If so, then I can hold off posting for him.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Apologies for the lack of response concerning John. Lot of things to respond to today. You may post for John in the main thread. I am not going to run any solo scenes for him. He will have had time to recover, though he'd be in the Infirmary all week long.
Last edited by Sakuro on Sun May 09, 2021 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I'd say you were keeping up with the pace of the queries pretty well.
Supernaturalist

Well, I have a possible explanation for the both the location and the concealed nature of the "proto-HQ". If Iona works it into the conversation with Dr. Sokolov, perhaps he could suggest and area. He -after all- found a great location for his base under the city. It may be possible that he chose his site from multiple locations. It's just s thought.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

That would save Iona a lot of effort in looking for a site. He's also the one that pointed you to the PC's present base.
Supernaturalist

Ok, I added to the projects under construction to the bottom of Iona's character sheet. She now has 3 eps remaining. I'll try to find something worthy to spend them on eventually.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Having a "Projects Under Construction" section on your sheet is a good idea. Thank you for drawing it to my attention.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

The base has a couple areas that need addressing. If asked IC, Diego could list a few, but it's Iona's points to spend so you have the final call.
Supernaturalist

Iona will be discussing the specifics of the escape tunnel with Diego (and hopefully with Peter) in the IC thread at some point soon. She could ask or Diego could just give her his opinion on some critical features that the base still needs. Either works for me.

Actually it just occurred to me that John could help with the Demolitions/Traps in the escape tunnel. So, I'll drag him into the discussion too.