[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
mrdent12

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator (Recruiting 1)

Post by mrdent12 »

If they haven't called higher ups by now, the report would likely include they blew up whoever shewed up.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Is the rifle man a minion?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

It's more complicated than that. He's part of a Force. When combat kicks off, you'll be dealing with a lot of lower powered people and Mass Combat rules will enter effect. Though for his initial, lone attack, I'd be using damage listed for a rifle, rather than the entire group he is attached to.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Ok, I'll get a post up for Diego tonight. I was asking because he is going to attack.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

You will not be able to take 10 on the attack.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Copy. Should get Diegos post up tonight.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Completely forgot the guy was prone. If he's treated as a unit I don't think it would matter. If he's treated as a single fighter this round only, Diego might just hit.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

I have an odd question: If Iona wished to use her Move Object on the rifleman's weapon, would that be possible? She would attempt to move the weapon up (forcing it to point towards the ceiling). Would that be an attack roll on the weapon or the gunman himself? I'm not sure how that would mechanically play out.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

It would be more beneficial to outright take the weapon away. Are trying to be subtle and make it look like he missed? He'll feel the force manipulating his weapon and know something is up.

If you still want to go ahead with it knowing that, I'll have to do a little jury rigging of rules. We will follow the rules for Disarming. Except instead of taking the weapon away you will inflict a penalty to his Attack based on your degrees of successes over them in an opposed check of your Move Object ranks versus their Strength. If successful, increase the attack’s resistance check DC by +2 for two degrees of success, and +5 for three or more, like with the Multiattack Extra.

First, make your Attack roll with a -5 penalty, because you a trying to "Disarm" at range. Then make a roll with you Move Object ranks as the bonus.
Supernaturalist

I think I'll take your advice and try a ranged disarm with my Move Object power. I'll get a post up for Iona in a bit. John is lying prone out near the entrance of the tunnel trying to figure out what is going on. He can't see clearly but strongly suspects that his teammates are doing something to whatever security emerged from the hole. He'd be afraid to enter since he cannot see what's going on very clearly. Until this scuffle ends, he's gonna take a "back seat".

EDIT: Actually, I thought about it and I'm gonna try something similar to my original idea. I'm going to use my "Magnetic Projectiles" power to rip the gun out of his hands and attempt to bludgeon him with his own rifle. I suppose it would still be an attack role to hit, then his strength versus my PL. If I'm gonna try to strip the weapon out of his hand, I'd might as well try to attack him with it.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

These bad guys have hella good plot armour. To hide from or spot them, no prob. To hit them, nope.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

To Disarm is a Standard Action. To try to hit him with his own weapon after Disarming him would be a second Standard Action. You'd have to use Extra Effort to do that, and Fatigue yourself. This is for future reference, since your initial attack misses.
Supernaturalist wrote:He (John) can't see clearly but strongly suspects that his teammates are doing something to whatever security emerged from the hole.
John failed his Insight check versus Diego and Iona's checks. He can't perceive what Iona and Diego are doing (you didn't make the checks I required). That means he buys into their ruse of playing dead up until now. After my next post he can strongly suspect his teammates are doing something to the security personnel present on site. As there is going to be a response to the the PC's hostile actions.
Supernaturalist

I wont get home until very late tonight, so I'll have to post tomorrow.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

After Diego and Iona make their Dodge/Toughness checks it is their turn, yes.

Did Diego just tell Iona to not hold back?
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Yup. Using her powers to simply try to disarm didn't go over too well with him. I'm assuming this isn't a tunnel Diego thinks might be associated with Nulls group.