[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
mrdent12

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator (Recruiting 1)

Post by mrdent12 »

Yup, but want to make sure I save Diegos portion of the cost.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Sakuro wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:24 am Supernaturalist, are you up for a scene with Dr. Sokolov?
Sure. Are there any special instructions for the Extended Interlude thread? I haven't posted there in quite awhile.
Supernaturalist

Sakuro wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:45 am Before I forget, Diego and Iona get 2 PP. You may choose to convert some or all of that into Dominion.

John gets 1 PP. As a supporting character he may not convert PP into Dominion. Only main characters will be able to. They're the people with the ability to change the world and make a lasting impact.

Everyone get's 1 HP for starting a new adventure. Carter get's 2 more for a total of 3, one for MacynSnow's RPing Duncan, and another for Carter receiving a new "Lasting Injuries" Complication.
I'll add the 2 pp and 1 hp to Iona's last post. I'll have to review the rules on "Dominion", but that's where I think Iona may very well spend her pp.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

For the dominion of the feeding a bunch of people to form an army, do we spend the dominion now or wait until all the pieces are in place?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Suernaturalist wrote: Are there any special instructions for the Extended Interlude thread? I haven't posted there in quite awhile.
The date and a title tag for the scene should be placed near the top of each post, to help differentiate scenes and make it easy to tell when they happened.
MrDent wrote:For the dominion of the feeding a bunch of people to form an army, do we spend the dominion now or wait until all the pieces are in place?
You may wait to spend it until all the pieces are in place.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

For one PP, I'll hold one for dominion and the other I am thinking to give Diego a little more offensive ability(when facing multiple foes) with takedown 1. He really hasn't earned it with skill so much as power. So, I am thinking to add it to an enhanced advantage power for his solid and liquid forms linked to his created weapons. The intent being he could takedown multiple minions with his created weapons only. As a visual, picture a blade/club/whatever cutting or slamming through foes until it meets one it can't go through. A regular sword or axe just wouldn't work and he doesn't have the fight training to realistically know how to take on many foes at once with mundane means.

If that is ok, I'd need to think of a one point power or enhancement to add to his mist form.
Supernaturalist

Ok, I've been thinking about how to spend the 2 pps. I have two ideas in mind, but I'd like some feedback, because I'm not sure if what I'm choosing overvalues or undervalues the Dominion point I'm spending.

First, I have this idea of constructing an escape passage from the center of our present base to a hidden location in the Undercity. The passage could be used by everyone if our base was assaulted in earnest by Stronghold. Finally, the passage would have explosive devices placed along the route such that we could seal it behind us to prevent pursuit in the event of using it.

Second, I have this idea for choosing the location of a new proto-base. It would be a location with a very small amount of supplies stored away just in case we had to flee out present location. It would not contain all the rooms and features of a base yet because that would cost equipment points ( I suppose ) to build, but it would be a hidden area with some very basic items for survival. It would also be big enough that it COULD be eventually converted into another base with time and effort. Hopefully it would be a place that would never have to be used, but it is a fallback option.

Are these legitimate uses of the Dominion points?
Supernaturalist

On another note, I'll start Iona's Extended Interlude post today as well. Is the date "March 2019"? As for a title, how about "A Meeting with the Master"?

Concerning John, I'd like to post for him as well. Should I assume he is in the infirmary or recovered enough to move about? I'll update his pp and HP number when I post for him next.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I'm thinking it might be worth it to use the pp now to get Diegos network he's been planting the seeds of going for the ward the base is in so there is people to watch vehicles and give alerts/info on patrols. Than once soup kitchens are setup, people trained, etc use a new yet gotten pp on the army.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

MrDent wrote:I'm thinking it might be worth it to use the pp now to get Diegos network he's been planting the seeds of going for the ward the base is in so there is people to watch vehicles and give alerts/info on patrols. Than once soup kitchens are setup, people trained, etc use a new yet gotten pp on the army.
That is a good idea. You will have other opportunities to gain PP before you need to spend Dominion on the army.

Make a note on you character sheet about the network of Forgotten People. Mention the scale it covers, what it's purpose is, and some flavor text.
MrDent wrote:I am thinking to give Diego a little more offensive ability(when facing multiple foes) with takedown 1. He really hasn't earned it with skill so much as power. So, I am thinking to add it to an enhanced advantage power for his solid and liquid forms linked to his created weapons.
Normally I do not like the idea of attaching something like Takedown to a weapon. I do like the reasoning you gave though, and it isn't a Device you're talking about. It is a manifestation of Diego's Power. Go ahead.
Supernaturalist wrote:First, I have this idea of constructing an escape passage from the center of our present base to a hidden location in the Undercity.

Second, I have this idea for choosing the location of a new proto-base.
This would be converting a PP into Equipment Points (EP) and investing in HQ Features. That would be 1 EP for the new Hidden Entrance (a second rank, as you already have one). Then another 1 EP for a Traps Feature. You'd have 3 EP left over.

The proto-base is more of a story seed idea, unless you plan to actively be using it. Otherwise you'd invest EP into it to have the basic barebones structure without Features.

For both of these, you should put in RP time developing them. Iona needs to plan out that passage. Consult with Diego about it. Scout out an area in the Under City for it. Arrange for the equipment and supplies. Get the materials for the traps. Iona would also need so do some scouting and find this proto-base, and smuggle some emergency supplies there.

A lot of that can be seeded in over time in montages. The tunnel will take time to construct as well, so it won't automatically be useable when you invest the EP into it.
Supernaturalist wrote:I'll start Iona's Extended Interlude post today as well. Is the date "March 2019"? As for a title, how about "A Meeting with the Master"?
The date would be Some time between March 23 and March 31 2019. That title works well too.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Make a note on you character sheet about the network of Forgotten People. Mention the scale it covers, what it's purpose is, and some flavor text.
I'll get the proper write up tonight, but the idea is Sherlock Holmes irregulars. Nothing a proper trained spy or soldier would do yet except maybe a few promising ones Diego designates as main ones. Even than, the jobs would be go watch this area/place, open source information gathering like patrol routes or troop build ups, alert him if of any major pattern changes as it relates to the area they cover, and other small errands. A prime example would be as you loiter about keep tabs on Stronghold building up forces/increasing patrols in or near the bases ward. Diego would also consult some for status from time to time as it helps the story plus ask a few to keep tabs on the vehicles of base personal. All of the asks under the guise of other faces.
Normally I do not like the idea of attaching something like Takedown to a weapon. I do like the reasoning you gave though, and it isn't a Device you're talking about. It is a manifestation of Diego's Power. Go ahead.
I'm of the same mind. If this was any other game is just take Takedown advantage. This game, I'm trying to tie what he adds to what ties into the character and his development better.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Diego's weapons are him. They aren't necessarily ridged blades, clubs, or what have you. In an instant they could shift to suddenly impale someone in a totally different direction. With Diego something like that actually is viable. You can get really visually freaky with it too if you wanted.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I'll get the IC posts up tonight for extended interlude. The montage of mitigating the massive display of power I want to make sure I write up right.

Forgotten Network segment up

The Forgotten

Area: Ward 3

Description: Tossed out like litter no one bothers with on the street, there are people adrift in life with no purpose aching to be seen. Yearning to be useful again. In a past life they may have been bankers, lawyers soldiers, or even always just part of the background. While society may view them as scenery best not discussed, they are sharp and skilled just ready to be given an appropriate direction. Waiters turned to human listening devices, the crazy guy in smelly clothes soldiers write off, veterans who were tossed aside once they were spent, and more. Everyone has a value and the forgotten in society just need someone to see it.

Structure: Loosely organized with dead drops and burners as the only limited links, a few of the more skilled serve as hubs. Otherwise, until called upon they go on in the scenery of life being ignored knowing few of any others in the network.

Tasks: People no one looks at need to pay quite a bit of attention to their surroundings to survive. Like sea animals who keep up with the water, for fear of too much change, they can serve as useful people to speak for information or get the information if they don't know if it is not secure. In addition, everyone is capable of small errands such as stay around an area or keep an eye on some vehicles. Even ones with short attention spans can relay cryptic messages or drop items from their raggedly collection of items. Furthermore, some can seen as surrogate eyes and ears where cameras making connections computers can only dream giving an alert as asked.

I also added precise to the concealment to have all array slots at 21 pp.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

That's good. For matters involving the Forgotten, I'll lean towards giving Diego some kind of advantage when applicable. Aside from being a plot hook to feed you leads, you may get circumstance bonuses when Diego employs them.

Precise on Concealment is alright as well.
Supernaturalist

Sakuro wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:30 pm
This would be converting a PP into Equipment Points (EP) and investing in HQ Features. That would be 1 EP for the new Hidden Entrance (a second rank, as you already have one). Then another 1 EP for a Traps Feature. You'd have 3 EP left over.

The proto-base is more of a story seed idea, unless you plan to actively be using it. Otherwise you'd invest EP into it to have the basic barebones structure without Features.

For both of these, you should put in RP time developing them. Iona needs to plan out that passage. Consult with Diego about it. Scout out an area in the Under City for it. Arrange for the equipment and supplies. Get the materials for the traps. Iona would also need so do some scouting and find this proto-base, and smuggle some emergency supplies there.

A lot of that can be seeded in over time in montages. The tunnel will take time to construct as well, so it won't automatically be useable when you invest the EP into it.
Ok, I just want to make sure I understand. I have 5 equipment points from the first Dominion point. Those 5 EPs can only be spent on the secret tunnel? Our current base?

With the second Dominion point I get 5 EPs as well, but a portion of those must be spent to identify/create the foundational structure? How many of the EPs would be consumed to get that structure once it's done?

Sorry for so many questions. I'm just trying to wrap my head around how many points I get, how many go with each independent structure, and how many are sunk into just setting up the emergency base's foundation.