[OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Supernaturalist

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - In the Shadow of Imperator (Recruiting 1)

Post by Supernaturalist »

I just posted for Iona. I'll wait on John's post until Iona and Diego decide what. John realizes that he probably missed his own death by a hair. An anti-personnel explosive, two hand grenades, and a skilled sniper all could have ended him pretty quickly. If he wasn't paranoid before...he is now. :lol:
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

A gag could just be putting a piece of metal over the guys mouth. Effectively he can talk a little, but not too much. As for bounding, if magneto bends metal over someone it is technically a movement affliction, but could also be seen as just tying a metal rope around someone depending on how Sakuro wants to come down on it. Given the Jaguar has broken legs and hands, plus is knocked out "tying" metal around them probably wouldn't be difficult.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Should I hold ic posting until the mechanics of Ionas actions are sorted?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

If Iona's Move Object had the Damaging Extra, representing an ability to bend metal, I'd OK the metal gag. It does not, however. That said, I am going to point out that Powers are not the end all be all. Iona can just use a cloth gag made from the abundance of clothing on the corpses.

EDIT:

No roll will be needed for taking out the cameras.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Supernaturalist

I'll start posting for John again tomorrow. I just got home and it's late here...bedtime.
Supernaturalist

Beofre I post for John, I want to make sure I don't assume too much. Would John have seen the "energy ripple" from Iona's attempt to disarm and attack the shooter with her Magnetic Field? Would he have heard the sounds of the static electricity, the screams, and ultimately the explosion from Iona's Electricity Blast from the room below? These are all things that would indicate that his teammates are indeed alive and proceeding with the mission.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

You should focus on Iona until Diego and Iona make their exit.

That said John is aware of a series of explosions followed by gunfire. That's it.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I'll get Diegos post up tonight. Been a busy last few days
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I appreciate not having to do the whole dungeon crawl, I check room 1 than room 2, etc thing. Saves me from having to think of a way to avoid it ic. There was an idea forming, but what's happening seems more fun.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I'm not big on dungeoncrawls myself. A general "this is how we're going to approach moving through the building" is what I look for. Then I'll narrate you up to the next waypoint where your decisions become meaningful.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

It's moot now, but I was going to have Diego not even bother searching the base beyond a walk down the hall to check the doors briefly. The idea brewing was going to be Diego shifting into one of the fallen comrades, waking the single guard left alive, and pretending to be severely wounded from interrogation. Than using the cliche get info out by telling comrade not to say anything about such and such. If that failed, shift back into another form and do proper interrogation.
Supernaturalist

Hey guys, I'll be on vacation for about 4 days. I should have a computer on hand, but I might not. I'll at least be able to let y'all know by phone whether I do or not. If I do, then I'll still be able to post normally. I just want to give you a heads up.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Cheers mate. Enjoy the holiday.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Thank you for letting us know about the away time. Hope you get some time to detress and relax Supernaturalist.

I do not want to let Diego and Iona get out of sink, so we may end up pausing Diego's scene if Supernaturalist is unable to post while on vacation. In that event, we can run a short Interlude scene for Diego, if you wish.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I'm cool with a slow down. I have two flights in next two weeks to support so depending on how much they ask of me my posting might slow anyway.