IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan
Passive Perception:14 | Init:+4 | AC:16 | HP:11/14

Aldan frowns at the size and fragility of the statue, abandoning thoughts of securing it for transport. He'll instead go over to the locked chests.

He'll search for traps, then try to get them open.
Investigation: 1d20+5 19
lockpicks: 1d20+6 25
lockpicks 2: 1d20+6 18
"What happened to you and your family, Cirillia?" Aldan asks as he sets to work.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Shock

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn
HP: 19 AC:18

Tyragorn came back as soon as Zasio summoned them. His face filled with concern when he saw the girl. "We have to get her out of here. This place is not safe yet."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"You know our way back is compromised. You might have heard them banging on the door at the top of the stairs when you went back there. I think there's... something." Aldan says, still working the locks. "Maybe in here?" he says speculatively.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Cirilli looks up at Georgia.

"El-," She shakes her head, cutting herself off before starting again, "Abramo is dead?"

She sits looking at the cup in her hands for a few moments before she responds, "I... I want a weapon. I won't let them get me again."

At the offer for the spell she shakes her head, then mumbles, "Not yet."
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:05 pm "What happened to you and your family, Cirillia?" Aldan asks as he sets to work.
"They attacked us in the middle of the night, drug us off to some mud pit in swamp then, that... thing," She points at the jade statue, "It did something to us. I heard it in my head."

Cirilli clutches her tin cup and rocks back and forth, "And then my family... they just did what the voices told them, but I wouldn't listen. It got mad at me. They were going to feed me to the alligators."

She shudders, "But... Abramo wanted me... said I was pretty."

"I don't know how long I've been here, locked up like some kind... pet," She spits as she smacks the tin cup against the ground in frustration.

Once the cage is open she quickly steps out, moving to stay close to Georgia, while giving the rest of the party a wide eyed look as though not entirely sure of them yet.

Aldan pops open the chests with practiced ease. There is no traps to speak of, though after opening the chests it appears that was little cause for it. A handful of coins is scattered at the bottom of the chests which are otherwise empty. A quick count reveals 12 gold pieces, 14 silver, and 29 copper.

"They emptied the chests a few days ago. I think it was a few days ago," Cirilli offers quietly, "It sounded like a lot of money."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

The elf frowns. Not quite contributing to the escape Aldan was hoping for he gathered the coins into a pouch almost reflexively.

"Cirilli, do you recall where in the swamp it was they took you? Maybe provide a map with landmarks we can recognize and follow? We'd like to address this threat to your town and family." Aldan asks.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

"You can question her when we're safe." Tyragorn stepped forward protectively. "Cirilli, we can get you a weapon from one of the goblins, just in case."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Well, that's impractical." Aldan says to the big human. "For example, a question like 'Did you see Abramo use any other exit or know of another way out of here?' would come in really handy about now. And I wasn't asking her to draw a map now, only curious if she could supply one as a way to empower her to strike against those who wronged her. It was a noble cause, Sir Knight." Aldan protests with an indiscernible degree of sincerity.
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Georgia Fiddler
Arkrite wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:10 pm Cirilli looks up at Georgia.

"El-," She shakes her head, cutting herself off before starting again, "Abramo is dead?"

She sits looking at the cup in her hands for a few moments before she responds, "I... I want a weapon. I won't let them get me again."

At the offer for the spell she shakes her head, then mumbles, "Not yet."
Georgia nods, "No problem sugar, I asked for a reason. And yeah Abramo is dead...if seeing the body would give you closure its just in the other room. If not, probably stay out of these for the moment."

Georgia takes her dagger and its sheath off her belt and holds it out to Cirilli. "Here you are, or if you'd prefer I can grab you one of the maces we took off some of these crazy cultists. Oh I've got some less...damaged clothing, you can borrow. They're mostly costumes I use for performances but they're better than nothing."
Arkrite wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:10 pm
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:05 pm "What happened to you and your family, Cirillia?" Aldan asks as he sets to work.
"They attacked us in the middle of the night, drug us off to some mud pit in swamp then, that... thing," She points at the jade statue, "It did something to us. I heard it in my head."

Cirilli clutches her tin cup and rocks back and forth, "And then my family... they just did what the voices told them, but I wouldn't listen. It got mad at me. They were going to feed me to the alligators."
"Oh you poor thing. We'll get you someplace safe. And then we're going to hunt down the monsters than did this to you."
Arkrite wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:10 pm She shudders, "But... Abramo wanted me... said I was pretty."

"I don't know how long I've been here, locked up like some kind... pet," She spits as she smacks the tin cup against the ground in frustration.

Once the cage is open she quickly steps out, moving to stay close to Georgia, while giving the rest of the party a wide eyed look as though not entirely sure of them yet.
"If we hadn't just killed Abramo I would kill him again in a heartbeat. I'm tempted to go stab his corpse a few times anyways" Georgia says her eyes literally glowing with fury. "Don't you worry Cirilli these are my friends, The elves are Aldan and Zasio, The lady is Jessica, and the knight is Tyragorn. They're good people."

Georgia takes a look around the room to see if there was anything Aldan missed.
OOC: investigation 1d20+3: 19
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

Tyragorn stared at Aldan, trying to figure him out. "Whatever it takes to get us out of here safe."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:53 pm "Cirilli, do you recall where in the swamp it was they took you? Maybe provide a map with landmarks we can recognize and follow? We'd like to address this threat to your town and family." Aldan asks.
Shock wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:10 pm "You can question her when we're safe." Tyragorn stepped forward protectively. "Cirilli, we can get you a weapon from one of the goblins, just in case."
The girl's eyes widen and she nods emphatically.
Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:11 pm "Well, that's impractical." Aldan says to the big human. "For example, a question like 'Did you see Abramo use any other exit or know of another way out of here?' would come in really handy about now. And I wasn't asking her to draw a map now, only curious if she could supply one as a way to empower her to strike against those who wronged her. It was a noble cause, Sir Knight." Aldan protests with an indiscernible degree of sincerity.
"They didn't show me anything, they just locked me in here," She says quietly, "And I don't know where it was in the swamp. I didn't recognize... We don't go into the swamp. It isn't safe. Monsters live in the swamp."

After a couple minutes she mumbles, "I know where we went into the swamp. I guess."
stavaros_the_arcane wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:25 am Georgia takes her dagger and its sheath off her belt and holds it out to Cirilli. "Here you are, or if you'd prefer I can grab you one of the maces we took off some of these crazy cultists. Oh I've got some less...damaged clothing, you can borrow. They're mostly costumes I use for performances but they're better than nothing."
Cirilli drops her tin cup in a scramble to take the dagger, which she clutches close to her body as if half afraid somebody's going to take it. After a few seconds her eyes drop to her discarded cup, and she ducks down to collect it with one hand before standing back up at the ready.

At the suggestion of a mace she looks at the dagger, noting how short it is, then looks back up, "A mace would be better, right?"

stavaros_the_arcane wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:25 am "If we hadn't just killed Abramo I would kill him again in a heartbeat. I'm tempted to go stab his corpse a few times anyways" Georgia says her eyes literally glowing with fury. "Don't you worry Cirilli these are my friends, The elves are Aldan and Zasio, The lady is Jessica, and the knight is Tyragorn. They're good people."
Cirilli nods distantly, as if only barely paying attention. On the last name her head jerks up like she'd been slapped.

"The last name? What a was the last name?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

“‘Tyragorn’” he says to the scared woman. “ Hhave you heard that name before? His sister resides here.” Aldan says careful to phrase everything in the present tense.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

"Yes, I am Tyragorn."
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Arkrite wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:19 pm
stavaros_the_arcane wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:25 am Georgia takes her dagger and its sheath off her belt and holds it out to Cirilli. "Here you are, or if you'd prefer I can grab you one of the maces we took off some of these crazy cultists. Oh I've got some less...damaged clothing, you can borrow. They're mostly costumes I use for performances but they're better than nothing."
Cirilli drops her tin cup in a scramble to take the dagger, which she clutches close to her body as if half afraid somebody's going to take it. After a few seconds her eyes drop to her discarded cup, and she ducks down to collect it with one hand before standing back up at the ready.

At the suggestion of a mace she looks at the dagger, noting how short it is, then looks back up, "A mace would be better, right?"
"Whatever your comfortable with. Let me grab one for you." Georgia said.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"I was- that is-" She starts and stops a couple times then collecting her thoughts continues, "Ailla is my friend. I'm apprenticing with her husband and-
She pauses again looking at the paladin with a look of awe, "She used to talk about her brother Tyragorn all the time."
stavaros_the_arcane wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:01 pm "Whatever your comfortable with. Let me grab one for you." Georgia said.
She looks at the dagger then looks back up, "Thank you."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Zasio Blackthorn:
HP: 23
AC: 14
Objects of Interest: Goodberries (2 - each heals 4 hp)

While most of the others talk with Cirilli, Zasio kept quiet knowing that the girl had experienced things she never should have being held captive by the demented cultists and was doing her best to adjust to the sudden arrival of freedom.

Flynnarrel wrote:"You know our way back is compromised. You might have heard them banging on the door at the top of the stairs when you went back there. I think there's... something." Aldan says, still working the locks. "Maybe in here?" he says speculatively.
“The hidden trap door you are standing on Aldan would likely be our best option for getting out of this place.” Zasio says quietly.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!