Batgirl III's Character Thread (Simon Baz, Lady Shiva)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Sidious

Re: Expertise [Brooding] +8

Post by Sidious »

Batgirl III wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:34 am ANGEL

No separate stats for Captain Forehead as a wee puppet man?
Davies

Re: Batgirl III's Character Thread (Buffy, Faith)

Post by Davies »

Judging by his fight with Spike in that episode, where he's capable of bowling over the other vampire, and beating him into submission, despite being much smaller, I think it's a purely cosmetic change.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Shrinking, without reduction in Strength, seems appropriate. No other real change.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Y'know, much as i would've perfered Buffy being with Xander(he would've treated her like the Queen he thought she was), i can understand why her & Angel hooked-up. Besides the fact the Whedon has a Fetish 'bout "Forbidden Romance", it was mostly a nice send-up to Growing up. True, Willow didn't make the sitch any better by enabling the "Romeo & Juliet" aspect of it, never mind how many people DIED because Buffy couldn't bring herself to end it at the Mall(which in itself is an intresting conversation regarding Bad break-up's).
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

The course of true love never did run smooth;
But, either it was different in blood—
Or else misgraffèd in respect of years—
Or else it stood upon the choice of friends—
Or, if there were a sympathy in choice,
War, death, or sickness did lay siege to it,
Making it momentary as a sound,
Swift as a shadow, short as any dream,
Brief as the lightning in the collied night;
That, in a spleen, unfolds both heaven and Earth,
And ere a man hath power to say “Behold!”
The jaws of darkness do devour it up.
So quick bright things come to confusion.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

That Poem read's familiar to me, but i can't remember the Writer to save my life right now....
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

A Midsummer Night's Dream, Act 1 Scene 1.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Batgirl III wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:59 pm A Midsummer Night's Dream, Act 1 Scene 1.
Ah, I thought i recognized it. I normally stick to Macbeth, Othello, Henry V, those kind's of William's works. I DESPISE Romeo & Juliet as the main couple are portrayed as absolute Moron's(might be the reason i hate all of Twilight and certain parts of Harry Potter, tbh.).
Ken

Post by Ken »

MacynSnow wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:13 pm I DESPISE Romeo & Juliet as the main couple are portrayed as absolute morons(might be the reason i hate all of Twilight and certain parts of Harry Potter, tbh.).
Romeo and Juliet were a couple of stupid horny teenagers. It isn't a great love story; it's one of Will's tragedies.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

The full title of the play is The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet (or The Tragedie of Romeo and Ivliet to use the spelling seen in the earliest known facsimiles of the script). Anyone who expects a happy ending needs to have ignored the title of the play and the first two sentences spoken...
Davies

Post by Davies »

Well, as early as the 1660s people were giving those two stupid kids a happy ending, so ...
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

well how did it get described? A whirlwind romance between a 17 year old and a 13 year old that left 6 people dead and 2 families torn apart?
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

catsi563 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:25 am well how did it get described? A whirlwind romance between a 17 year old and a 13 year old that left 6 people dead and 2 families torn apart?
In a way, the Morons the story is about DID bring both families together(it was for their joint funeral, but you can't make an omlette with breaking an Egg...). They even got a Card game about 'em now(I just can't remember the name of it, off the top of my head)....
Grenzer

Post by Grenzer »

Davies wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:15 am Well, as early as the 1660s people were giving those two stupid kids a happy ending, so ...
It was very common to play fast and loose with Shakespeare's plays from his death up until about the 1780's. For a number of reasons, not simply limited to censoring controversial subjects like teenage suicide, many talented authors felt the need to 'improve' the original texts by rewriting large parts of the plays to fit the literary fads or popular ideologies of the day. Eventually, there was a movement to restore the plays back to their original scripts to recapture the 'authentic' form of the Bard's genius, although some like King Lear remained modified well into the 19th century.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Grenzer wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:03 am
Davies wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:15 am Well, as early as the 1660s people were giving those two stupid kids a happy ending, so ...
It was very common to play fast and loose with Shakespeare's plays from his death up until about the 1780's. For a number of reasons, not simply limited to censoring controversial subjects like teenage suicide, many talented authors felt the need to 'improve' the original texts by rewriting large parts of the plays to fit the literary fads or popular ideologies of the day. Eventually, there was a movement to restore the plays back to their original scripts to recapture the 'authentic' form of the Bard's genius, although some like King Lear remained modified well into the 19th century.
Please don't remind me of what happened to Will's beautiful King Lear during that time. It made me cry when i saw an 1850's manuscript of it at a Museum...

Both King Lear and Macbeth are my Go-to play's of Will's when i want to make a truly Grandiose Villian.For a Hero, it's either Henry the V or Julius Ceaser...