The T-Verse [Earth 75]: Dragon Mandarin, Ninjas, & Naginatas, the Storms, Black Fox, Scorpion, Toad

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
MacynSnow

Re: The T-Verse (Earth 75): Photon, Hammersmith & Titania

Post by MacynSnow »

I always get sad when i read about Villian children of Pym and Van Dyne, as it's a Good hero legacy to build on.
Gilliam

Re: Titania

Post by Gilliam »

Tattooedman wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:37 am

Artist unknown, if someone does know please let me know & I'll give credit.
Try Ram Artwork
Tattooedman

Re: Titania

Post by Tattooedman »

MacynSnow wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:19 am I always get sad when i read about Villian children of Pym and Van Dyne, as it's a Good hero legacy to build on.
You are not wrong. I'm still trying to work up an alternate set up for growth powered characters since I don't like how the RAW Growth power is set up. Titania is my first attempt.

And her brothers don't do much better by the way.

Gilliam wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:52 am
Tattooedman wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:37 am

Artist unknown, if someone does know please let me know & I'll give credit.
Try Ram Artwork
Thank you, I'll edit that in shortly.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Tattooedman

Ms. Mixture

Post by Tattooedman »

Ms. Mixture:
PL:
Strength 3
Stamina 4
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 4
Intellect 1
Awareness 1
Presence 2

Skills: Athletics 6 (+9), Close Combat [Unarmed] 8 (12), Expertise [Streetwise] 6 (+7), Insight 6 (+7), Intimidation 6 (+8), Perception 6 (+7), Ranged Combat [Thrown] 10 (+12)

Advantages: Chokehold, Fascinate [Intimidation], Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improvised Weapon, Power Attack, Startle

Powers: Unliving Material Physiology:
Immortality 11 [30 minutes] (Flaw: Limited [Only when transformed])
Regeneration 5 [1/every other round] (Feat: Persistent); (Flaws: Limited [Only when transformed], Limited [Source (material transformed into)])

Absorb Properties Of Anything Touched: Variable 19 [95 pt pool for mimicking traits of physical materials] (Extra: Reaction); (Flaw: Limited [only objects touched])

Examples of Materials/Energies:
Acid: 80 points
Weaken Toughness 10 (Extras: Affects Objects, Linked [Damage]) & Damage 10 (Extra: Secondary Effect)
Immunity 30 [Fortitude Effects]
Insubstantial 2 [Liquid]

Mithral: 78 points
Enhanced Strength 9
Protection 8 (Extras: Impervious 12)
Enhanced Strength 10 (Flaw: Limited [Resisting Movement Effects Only])

Titanium: 68 points
Enhanced Strength 7
Protection 8 (Extras: Impervious 10)
Strength 6 (Flaw: Limited [Resisting Movement Effects])

Stone or Lesser Metals: 60 points
Enhanced Strength 6
Protection 6 (Extras: Impervious 10)
Immunity 5 [Fire & Heat Damage]
Strength 4 (Flaw: Limited [Resisting Movement Effects])

Particulates: 93 points
Insubstantial 2 (Extra: Selective); (Feat: Subtle)
Movement 1 [Slithering]
Particulate Suffocation: Ranged Affliction 12 [Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated; resisted by Fortitude] (Extra: Progressive)
-Particulate Blast: Ranged Bludgeoning Damage 12
-Particulate Snare: Ranged Affliction 12 [Hindered & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Immobilized; resisted by Dodge/Damage or Strength] (Extras: Cumulative, Extra Condition ); (Flaw: Limited Degree)

Building: 54 points
Growth 14 [48 ft tall; Strength 10 Stamina 10, Intimidation +7, Speed +3, Mass +14; -7 Dodge/Parry -7] (Flaw: Limited [No bonuses to Strength & Stamina Past Rank 10])

Gases: 84 points
Insubstantial 2
Flight 2
Choke: Affliction 12 [Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated; resisted by Fortitude] 10 (Flaws: Touch Range)

Offense: Initiative +2
Melee Attack +4 // Unarmed Attack +12
Ranged Attack +2 // Thrown Attack +12

Defense: Dodge +8
Parry +8
Toughness +4* [*varies based on materials copied]
Fortitude +8
Will +8

Costs: Abilities 38+ Skills 19+ Advantages 8+ Powers 199+ Defenses 21= 283 pts.

Aliases: Harvey Smith
Height: 5’9”
Weight: Unknown
Hair: Black
Eye Color: Blue

Complications:
Motivation ~Several: Ms. Mixture seeks money and power, and she really enjoys the fame (or rather the infamy) that comes with being a supervillain.

Prejudice: Ms. Mixture is a transgendered Alpha woman who is bisexual.

Temper: Ms. Mixture is an angry woman.

Background: Growing up in a family of all alpha-male boys with a steel-working father was difficult for Harvey Smith, as he was the youngest child in his family and was considered to be scrawny in build. At some point during his teen years Harvey realized that he should have been born a woman, and once he confronted his family about his gender issues, they disowned him and threw him out of the family home.

Living on the streets was hard, but Harvey, or rather Alaina, found work where she could. Interestingly enough she found herself getting into professional wrestling, and soon found herself working in a local independent wrestling circuit for a few years where she caught the attention of talent bookers looking to add to their roster. Unfortunately, the CEO of the company was of low morals and made inappropriate demands of Alaina and wouldn’t take no for an answer then tried to turn things physical, which was a mistake given Alaina’s life growing up. In court Alaina tried to defend her actions, but an unsympathetic jury paired with a bigoted judge ensured she went to jail for the maximum amount of time possible.

While in prison, Alaina found herself serving her time in the male penitentiary since technically she was biologically male and was forced into fighting to protect herself almost every day. Due to that she was a regular in the prison infirmary and became semi-friendly with the doctor who sympathized with Alaina’s plight, so when Noxxor Industries came looking for inmates to volunteer to serve as test subjects for a cellular regeneration drug their medical division had developed, he added her name to the list. Alaina had an adverse reaction to the drug, but it resulted in her manifesting Alpha abilities - the ability to take on the physical properties of any material she touched. An interesting side effect of Alaina’s manifestation was the reformation of her body into a more appropriate and comfortable state (in her mind at least) as a female. Delighted at her transformation and her empowerment, Alaina used her powers to smash her way out of prison where she used her powers to become the super villain Ms. Mixture.

She was successful enough as a supervillain in the years since then that she has only spent a few years’ worth of time in New Alcatraz as there seems to always be a mastermind villain willing to break her out to employ her. Because of that Ms. Mixture has fought almost every incarnation of the Vanguard.

Art by Phil-Cho, on DeviantArt.com.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
MacynSnow

Re: The T-Verse (Earth 75): Photon, Hammersmith, Titania & Ms. Mixture

Post by MacynSnow »

Nice to see "The Absorbing Man School of Supervillanry" has another Graduate in Ms.Mixture! I always found Crusher Creel's abilities rather neat. I especially liked his appearances on Agents of SHIELD, as it added an intresting dynamic to the character and showed he wasn't Stupid, just very blunt-force in his approach to the World. :D
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Funny enough that is the only episode of that show I've ever seen, and I do agree that the portrayalwas a nice, small adjustment of the character.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I recommend watching it. It does a fantastic job both integrating certain Marvel Heroes & Villians into the MCU(the way they did Deathlock in Season One is my personal favorite) that would never show on the Big Screen, but it also does a lot to expand and improve on the characters(just like they did Absorbing Man).
Ian Turner

Post by Ian Turner »

Ah, the matter mimicry power, one of my favorites. I got to play Knock-Off (the matter mimic from 1st edition) in a M&M game at Origins (or perhaps Gen Con?) run by Steve Kenson, so that's the high point of my M&M life. :)

So much fun, and so versatile. Need to fly somewhere? Turn to air (or light, if you can turn to energy forms). Need to beat someone up? Metal! Or stone, if facing magno-villain!

I love powers that are one power, and yet contain multitudes, like shapeshifting or matter mimicry.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

That's why i'm a big fan of Growth & Shrink, as it gives you ALOT of options in and out of Combat.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

MacynSnow wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:20 pm I recommend watching it. It does a fantastic job both integrating certain Marvel Heroes & Villians into the MCU(the way they did Deathlock in Season One is my personal favorite) that would never show on the Big Screen, but it also does a lot to expand and improve on the characters(just like they did Absorbing Man).
Ah, unfortunately my to watch list is already way long since I went from normal tv watching to streaming. Now I just wait for the season to be done & binge watch it. Problem is I keep getting distracted by other shows I stumble across on the various streaming services I have - case in point I found Buck Rogers in the 25th Century & have been watching it the last week & am just now close to the end of the first season (I'm on episode 20 of 24), then there's the 2nd season still to go.

Other shows I have yet to watch - My Hero Academia, the last 2 seasons of the Seven Sins (Netflix show), the last episode of the second season of Umbrella Academy, 3rd season of Paradise PD, the newest season of Prodigal Son, the newest season of Mayans MC. That doesn't include a number of movies on Netflix, Hulu, & Tubi.
Ian Turner wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:26 pm Ah, the matter mimicry power, one of my favorites. I got to play Knock-Off (the matter mimic from 1st edition) in a M&M game at Origins (or perhaps Gen Con?) run by Steve Kenson, so that's the high point of my M&M life. :)
Nice.
Ian Turner wrote:So much fun, and so versatile. Need to fly somewhere? Turn to air (or light, if you can turn to energy forms). Need to beat someone up? Metal! Or stone, if facing magno-villain!

I love powers that are one power, and yet contain multitudes, like shapeshifting or matter mimicry.
I have a similar experience with a shapeshifter in the New Vindicators Academy game, I love playing that guy. SO MUCH fun coming up with new power sets that are all physical in nature and kept in a humanoid form (the few limits I put on the powers to get said character approved to play).
Tattooedman

Bootleg

Post by Tattooedman »

Bootleg:
PL:
Strength 1 (9)
Stamina 2 (4)
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 4
Intellect 3 (8)
Awareness 2 (7)
Presence 2

Skills: Deception 6 (+8), Expertise [Criminal] 6 (+9), Expertise [Science] 6 (+9), Insight 6 (+8), Perception 6 (+8), Ranged Combat [Syringe Gun] 4 (+9), Stealth 6 (+8), Vehicles [Land] 6 (+8)

Advantages: Daze [Deception], Equipment, Improved Feint, Improved Initiative, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 3, Second Chance [Will Resistance Checks], Task Focus [Expertise (Science): Chemistry], Taunt, Ultimate Effort [Will Resistance Checks]

Powers: Alter Personal Biology:
Enhanced Physical Abilities:
Enhanced Strength 8
Enhanced Stamina 2
-Enhanced Mental Abilities:
Enhanced Intellect 5
Enhanced Wisdom 5

Chemically Altered Physiology:
Immunity 7 [Disease, Exhaustion, Poison]
Senses 10 [Olfactory (Accurate, Acute, Analytical, Ranged), Vision Counters Illusions]

Chemically Altered Brain:
Immunity 10 [Telepathic Effects]
Impervious Will 9

Wrist-Mounted Syringe Guns: (Easily Removable –12 pts) [20 pp]
Stupify: Ranged Weaken Intellect 8 (Extra: Secondary Effect); (Feat: Slow Fade 7 [1 hr])
-Poisoned: Ranged Weaken Stamina 8 (Extra: Secondary Effect); (Feat: Slow Fade 7 [1 hr])

Offense: Initiative +6
Melee Attack +4
Ranged Attack +5 // Syringe Gun Attack +9

Defense: Dodge +10
Parry +10
Toughness +8*/+2 [*Armored Costume & Enhanced Physical Abilities]
Fortitude +7
Will +9* [*Impervious]

Equipment: Armored Costume: Protection 4 (Feat: Subtle) [5 ep]

Costs: Abilities 36+ Skills 16+ Advantages 12+ Powers 77+ Defenses 26= 167 pts.

Height: 6’
Weight: 182 lbs
Hair: Black
Eye Color: Brown

Complications:
Motivation ~Greed: Bootleg wants money and is willing to do almost anything to get it.

Prejudice: Criminal Alpha.

Background: Curtis Lowell was just a small-time street taught chemist with big ambitions. Not content with simply working in his boss’ drug operation Curtis “freelanced”, using his boss’ supplies to create his own drug mixtures in an effort to create the next big drug and go into business on his own. While Curtis thought he was being careful, his boss knew exactly what was going on and was letting Curtis work on his project in the hopes that he might actually develop the next big thing (at which point his boss would step in and take control). But it never came to that - while working in his lab one night, Curtis fell prey to an accident when a faulty canister full of nitrogen cracked.

The resulting explosion ripped through the lab, shattering containers of chemicals, spraying their contents everywhere. The force of the explosion knocked Curtis to the ground, and unconscious, where he was quickly covered with all of the chemicals kept in the lab. The lab’s guards, hearing the explosion, came to investigate. Thinking that Curtis was dead and realizing that the explosion would bring the police, they called their boss. Knowing that the lab was a total loss, the boss gave the order to torch the place and get out. Curtis woke up to the lab completely engulfed in flames, and while only semi-conscious, he managed to somehow find his way out of the burning lab and into a back alley before firefighters and police arrived on the scene.

While recovering from his traumatic experience, Curtis discovered that the chemicals that had entered his body had permanently altered his body chemistry, granting him the ability to alter it in several ways. Quickly mastering his powers, Curtis has gone into business for himself, producing several new drugs, White Noise, Black Thunder, Red Rapture, and Blue Velvet, that are quickly becoming popular on the streets of Capital City.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tattooedman

Spring-Heeled Jack

Post by Tattooedman »

Spring-Heeled Jack:
PL:
Strength 8 (2)
Stamina 6 (2)
Agility 6 (2)
Dexterity 6 (2)
Fighting 4
Intellect 2
Awareness 3
Presence 2

Skills: Acrobatics 6 (+12), Athletics 6 (+9), Deception 6 (+10), Expertise [Criminal] 6 (+8), Expertise [Science] 6 (+8), Insight 6 (+9), Intimidation 9 (+12), Investigation 3 (+5), Perception 6 (+9), Ranged Combat [Blue Fire Projector] 4 (+10), Sleight of Hand 3 (+9), Stealth 9 (+15), Technology 6 (+8)

Advantages: Agile Feint, Close Attack 6, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Feint, Power Attack, Skill Mastery [Stealth], Uncanny Dodge

Powers: Superhuman Strength:
Enhanced Strength 6
Leaping 5
Movement 2 [Wall-Crawling 2] (Flaw: Limited [Only materials with a Toughness rank lower than his Strength])

Superhuman Stamina: Enhanced Stamina 4

Superhuman Reflexes:
Enhanced Agility 4
Enhanced Dexterity 4

Spring-Heeled Jack Costume: (Removable –7 pts) [32 pp]
Armored: Protection 2 (Feat: Subtle)
Goggles: Variable 1 [5 pts Traits] (Extra: Increased Action [Move]); (Flaw: Limited [Visual senses only])
Strike Plates: Strength-Based Damage 2 (Feat: Improved Critical 2, Improved Smash)
Underarm Wings: Flight 4 (Flaws: Gliding, Limited [wearer must have 5 ranks of Leaping])
Blue Fire Projector Array:
Breath Blue Fire: Ranged Fire Damage 10 (Extra: Penetrating); (Flaw: Reduced Range)
-Blue Fire Bomb: Ranged Fire Damage 10 (Extra: Area [Burst]); (Flaw: Reduced Range)

Offense: Initiative +6
Melee Attack +10
Ranged Attack +6 // Blue Fire Projector Attack +10

Defense: Dodge +12
Parry +12
Toughness +8*/+6 [*Spring-Heeled Jack Costume]
Fortitude +8
Will +8

Costs: Abilities 38+ Skills 26+ Advantages 12+ Powers 75+ Defenses 21= 172 pts.

Height: 5’10”
Weight: 217 lbs
Hair: Dark Brown

Complications:
Motivation ~Power: Spring-Heeled Jack wants to rule the criminal underworld of London.

Prejudice: Criminal Alpha.

Secret Identity: Spring-Heeled Jack keeps the fact he is Roland Larsen a secret.

Background: Regis Larsen grew up the son of a professional criminal in London, England. Not wanting his son to lead the kind of life he had, the senior Larsen made sure that his son was provided with opportunities he did not have which resulted in Regis attending Oxford University. While Regis did well in his studies, he saw the profitability in crime and started selling marijuana to his fellow students before dropping out and building the beginnings of his criminal enterprise.

Then the Ahriman Wave happened, and Regis manifested Alpha abilities.

Luckily for Regis however, his manifestation happened during the middle of the night, thus nobody was aware of what had happened to him. Deciding to use his empowerment to his advantage, Regis developed the identity of Spring-Heeled Jack – an Alpha criminal who worked for him as an enforcer. For several years now Regis has built his criminal business up to the point that he’s one of the most successful drug dealers operating in London and Spring-Heeled Jack is one of the most wanted criminals in the UK. The King’s Watch would love to arrest both of them, unaware that they are the same man.

Art by D-Mac on DeviantArt.com
Tattooedman

Recurve (I)

Post by Tattooedman »

Recurve I:
PL:
Strength 3
Stamina 3
Agility 4
Dexterity 4
Fighting 6
Intellect 1
Awareness 3
Presence 2

Skills: Acrobatics 5 (+9), Athletics 5 (+8), Deception 6 (+8), Insight 6 (+9), Intimidation 6 (+8), Perception 6 (+9), Stealth 6 (+10), Technology 6 (+7), Treatment 6 (+7), Vehicles [Land] 4 (+8)

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Beginner’s Luck, Benefit 2 [Wealth x2 (Independently Wealthy)], Close Attack 3, Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 6, Improved Critical [Bow & Arrows] 2, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Jack-of-all-Trades, Languages 3 [Base: English; Japanese, Mandarin, Russian, Spanish], Move-By Action, Power Attack, Precise Attack [Ranged; Cover], Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 8, Takedown 2, Throwing Mastery 6, Tracking, Ultimate Effort [Ultimate Aim], Uncanny Dodge

Powers: Multi-Target Training: Multiattack 5 (Feat: Variable Descriptor [any ranged attack you wield up to the attack’s rank]); (Feat: Innate); (Flaw: Quirk [Only applies to thrown or archery effects])

Uncanny Aim: Feature 4 [Ricochet 4] (Feat: Innate)

Offense: Initiative +8
Melee Attack +9
Ranged Attack +12

Parry +12
Toughness +7*/+5**/+3 [*Costume & Defensive Roll/**Costume]
Fortitude +8
Will +8

Equipment: Bow, Arrows & Other Things: (12 ep)
Standard Arrow: Ranged Piercing Damage 5 (10 ep)
-Cable Arrow: Movement 1 [Swinging] (1 ep)
-Flechettes: Ranged Strength-Based Piercing Damage 1 (Extra: Multiattack); (Flaw: Reduced Range) (1 ep)

Headquarters (10 ep) [Size: Tiny; Toughness: 8; Features: Communications, Computer, Gym, Infirmary, Laboratory, Living Space, Power System, Secret, Security System, Workshop]

Costs: Abilities 52+ Skills 27+ Advantages 47+ Powers 11+ Defenses 24= 161 pts.

Height: 6’1”
Weight: 182 lbs
Hair: Brown

Complications:
Fame: The members of the Vanguard are well known across the United States.

Motivation ~Seeking Justice: Recurve strives to make sure those breaking the law pay for their crimes.

Relationships: The other members of the Vanguard, as well as those that he works with to protect San Diego.

Secret: The fact that Jonas King is the hero known as Recurve.

Background: Jonas King grew up the son of a well-to-do businessman who became a police officer after discovering his father had used unscrupulous business practices to build his company, seeking to balance the karmic debt of his family. Patrolling the streets of San Diego quickly exposed Jonas to the seedier elements of life, showing him firsthand the reality of life for the majority of society lived in. After a few years of watching the system repeatedly fail Jonas reached the point that he could no longer do nothing about it, choosing to use his skills in archery and financial resources as a crime fighter.

However, Jonas’ career as a solo masked vigilante only lasted a little over two years as his activities brought him to the attention of the Department of Alpha Affairs, who quickly brought the skilled young man under their direction and placed him on the recently formed Vanguard where his grounded personality added a level of stability that the team needed in those beginning years while softening his rougher edges.

For several years Recurve was a steadfast member of the Vanguard until he began to question just how effective their efforts really were; as he could see a huge difference between the types of crime he fought with the Vanguard and the kinds he’d fought against at the beginning of his career. Feeling that he needed to get back to basics, Recurve became a reserve member of the Vanguard and returned home to San Diego where he set to cleaning up the streets, slowly gathering a small group of people who aid him in his war on crime; Vincent Harrison - a newspaper reporter who was working on a story about Recurve that deduced the hero’s identity but came to understand the other man’s motivations and offered to help Recurve by alerting him to any unusual happenings he became aware of. Dr. Duke Miller – a doctor whose gambling problem was used against him by the Silvestri Family to provide medical care for their people until Recurve intervened. As a result, he acted as the hero’s personal physician when he was injured. Baxter Reed - a man with a checkered past that spent several years in a maximum-security prison for a crime he did not commit and is wrongly believed to have murdered one or more people by the underworld. Recurve was responsible for his release from prison and in return Jericho uses his crooked reputation to help the hero stay aware of what is going on in the criminal underworld. Andrew Burbank – a policeman whose family had been kidnapped by a street gang to force him to be an informant for them about the goings on of any police investigations that might affect them until Recurve rescued his wife and children. Burbank then kept Recurve aware of various police investigations as well as odd goings on behind the thin blue line.

It was during this time that Recurve took on a protégé, Miles Slade, whose parents were killed by a hit man from the Silvestri Family to keep them from testifying against the criminal organization. Jonas saw the anger and loss threatening to tear Miles apart and gave him a focus and purpose in his life to channel those feelings into, and in all honesty, Jonas was beginning to feel the years of his work starting to take a toll on him both physically and mentally and felt he needed to begin training someone to take his place.

A few years later Jonas retired, passing the mantle of Recurve to Miles; although he worked behind the scenes acting as financial backer and mentor, allowing Miles to operate out of the hidden headquarters housed in the King estate. Jonas also married his longtime girlfriend, Vanessa Hale, and started a family. Several years later Jonas came out of retirement to battle against Ahriman, but like all the others present at that final confrontation he died in the magical backlash of the corrupted wizard's failed spell.

Art by wansworld on Deviant Art.com
Tattooedman

Recurve (II)

Post by Tattooedman »

Recurve II:
PL:
Strength 3
Stamina 4
Agility 5
Dexterity 6
Fighting 5
Intellect 1
Awareness 3
Presence 3

Skills: Acrobatics 4 (+9), Athletics 7 (+10), Close Combat [Bow Bash] 8 (+13), Close Combat [Unarmed] 8 (+13), Deception 9 (+12), Expertise [Streetwise] 9 (+10), Insight 6 (+9), Intimidation 6 (+9), Investigation 6 (+7), Perception 9 (+12), Persuasion 3 (+5), Stealth 6 (+11), Technology 5 (+6), Vehicles [Air] 5 (+11), Vehicles [Land] 6 (+12), Vehicles [Sea] 6 (+12)

Advantages: Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Cunning Fighter, Defensive Roll, Equipment 11, Improved Aim, Improved Critical [Bow Bash] 2, Improved Critical [Bow Shots] 2, Improved Critical [Unarmed], Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Improvised Weapon, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Precise Attack [ranged; cover], Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 8, Skill Mastery [Ranged Combat (Bow)], Takedown 2

Powers: Martial Arts: Strength-Based Damage 3 (Feats: Improved Critical, Innate)

Uncanny Aim: Feature 4 [Ricochet 4] (Feat: Innate)

Offense: Initiative +9
Melee Attack +5 // Bow Bash/Unarmed Attack +13
Ranged Attack +14

Parry +12
Toughness +8*/+7**/+4 [*Costume & Defensive Roll/**Costume]
Fortitude +9
Will +9

Equipment: Costume: Protection 3 (Feats: Feature [Hidden Pockets, Subtle)

Bow & Arrows: (30 pts)
Rapid Fire Arrows: Ranged Piercing Damage 6 (Extra: Multiattack)
-Bola Arrow: Ranged Affliction 6 [Hindered & Impaired, Immobile & Prone; resisted by Dodge] (Extra: Extra Condition); (Flaw: Limited Degree)
-Bow Bash: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 3
-Cutting Torch Arrow: Weaken Toughness 6 [resisted by Fortitude] (Extras: Affects Objects, Linked [Damage]); (Flaw: Affects Object only) & Heat Damage 6
-Explosive Arrow: Ranged Ballistic Damage 8 (Extra: Area [Burst]); (Feat: Triggered); (Flaws: Inaccurate, Unreliable [5 uses])
-Flare Arrow: Ranged Affliction 6 [Visually Impaired, Visually Disabled, Visually Unaware; resisted by Fortitude] (Extra: Area [Burst]); (Flaw: Limited [1 sense (visual)])
-Glue Arrow: Ranged Affliction 6 [Hindered & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Immobilized; resisted by Dodge] (Extras: Extra Condition, Contagious); (Flaw: Limited Degree)
-Knockout Gas Arrow: Ranged Affliction 6 [Fatigued, Exhausted, Asleep; resisted by Fortitude] (Extra: Area [Burst])
-Magnetic Arrow: Move Object 6 (Extras: Area [Burst], Ranged); (Flaw: Limited [Only metallic objects], Limited [Only towards arrow])
-Net Arrow: Ranged Affliction 6 [Hindered & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Immobilized; resisted by Dodge/Damage] (Extras: Cumulative, Extra Condition); (Flaw: Limited Degree)
-Rope Arrow: Movement 2 [Safe Fall, Swinging]
-Standard Arrow: Ranged Piercing Damage 6
-Stun Arrow: Ranged Affliction 6 [Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated; resisted by Fortitude]

Motorcycle (10 ep): Size: Medium; Strength: 1; Speed: 6; Defense: 10; Toughness: 8

Headquarters (10 ep) [Size: Tiny; Toughness: 8; Features: Communications, Computer, Gym, Infirmary, Laboratory, Living Space, Power System, Secret, Security System, Workshop]

Costs: Abilities 60+ Skills 37+ Advantages 40+ Powers 9+ Defenses 24= 170 pts.

Height: 6'3"
Weight: 217 lbs
Eye Color: Blue

Complications:
Legacy: Recurve II is the protege of the original Recurve.

Motivation ~Seeking Justice: Recurve II seeks to make criminals pay for the wrongs they have done.

Secret Identity: Recurve II hides the fact he is actually Miles Slade.

Background: Mark Slade was a small-time criminal who had turned informant against the Tongs. Unfortunately, the Tongs' managed to track the Slade family and killed them with a car bomb. However, Mark's teenaged son Miles had spent the night out with his friends only to return home in time to witness his parents' deaths.

In the aftermath of the murders, Miles was taken in by Jonas King and he is made the boy's legal guardian. It doesn't take long for Miles to discover that Jonas is the vigilante Recurve and demands to be "trained" so he can avenge his family, which Jonas refuses to do. Not deterred, Miles puts together his own costume and follows Jonas on his outings of the streets of San Diego; sometimes helping, other times requiring Jonas to rescue him once Miles has gotten himself in over his head in a situation.

Realizing that the teenager was not going to stop, Jonas eventually relents and starts to train Miles in various skills; escapology, criminology, stealth, hand to hand combat (with a focus on Moo Gi Gong, a martial art that makes use of any random item as a weapon) and other combat/non-combat disciplines. After an intensive six months of training, Miles is given a new costume (inspired by his first one) and the heroic identity of Nock.

For several years the pair fought against the various criminal threats working in San Diego, although they were non-super powered but nonetheless still dangerous, until Jonas retired as Recurve - passing on the costumed identity to Miles. He updated the arsenal, employing several hi-tech advancements to the arrows used that greatly increased his combat options while Jonas became behind the scenes support, continuing to mentor his young friend. During that time Miles took on an apprentice of his own - Dennis Ross would become the new Nock.

Then the Ahriman War happened.

The threat that the supernatural being known as Ahriman represented was so great that all surviving members of the Vanguard returned to active duty to oppose him. In fact Ahriman was such a major threat that some supervillains even set aside their differences with their usual foes to oppose the corrupted wizard. Despite the number of Alphas allied against him Ahriman and his cohorts nearly succeeded in performing a massive ritual spell that would have plunged the Earth back into the Dark Ages of technology and left Ahriman the uncontested ruler.

Both Jonas and Miles joined the gathering of heroes (although Nock II was sent to Vanguard Academy for his own protection and was unable to participate), and unfortunately, both died in the final confrontation - Miles was killed by Nero, one of Ahriman's Daevas, while Jonas died in the explosion caused by the miscasted ritual that claimed the lives of those on the scene.

Here is a build to represent Miles when he was Nock.
Nock:
PL:
Strength 2
Stamina 2
Agility 3
Dexterity 4
Fighting 3
Intellect 1
Awareness 2
Presence 2

Skills: Acrobatics 3 (+6), Athletics 3 (+5), Close Combat [Bow Bash] 7 (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 7 (+10), Deception 6 (+8), Expertise [Streetwise] 6 (+7), Insight 5 (+7), Intimidation 3 (+5), Investigation 3 (+4), Perception 7 (+9), Persuasion 3 (+5), Stealth 5 (+8), Vehicles [Land] 4 (+8)

Advantages: Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Cunning Fighter, Defensive Roll, Equipment 7, Improved Aim, Improved Critical [Arrows], Improved Critical [Unarmed], Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Precise Attack [ranged; cover], Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 6, Takedown 2

Powers: Martial Arts: Strength-Based Damage 2 (Feats: Improved Critical, Innate)

Uncanny Aim: Feature 2 [Ricochet 2] (Feat: Innate)

Offense: Initiative +7
Melee Attack +3 // Bow Bash/Unarmed Attack +10
Ranged Attack +10

Defense: Dodge +10
Parry +10
Toughness +6*/+5**/+2 [*Costume & Defensive Roll]
Fortitude +7
Will +7

Equipment: Costume: Protection 3 (Feats: Feature [Hidden Pockets, Subtle])

Bow & Arrows: (17 pts)
Standard Arrow: Ranged Piercing Damage 6
-Bow Bash: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2
-Exploding Arrow: Ranged Ballistic Damage 4 (Extra: Area [Burst])
-Flare Arrow: Ranged Affliction 6 [Visually Impaired, Visually Disabled, Visually Unaware; Resisted by Dodge/Fortitude] (Extra: Cumulative); (Flaw: Limited [One sense only (vision)])
-Net Arrow: Ranged Affliction 4 [Hindered & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Immobilized; resisted by Dodge/Damage] (Extras: Cumulative, Extra Condition); (Flaw: Limited Degree)
-Rope Arrow: Movement 2 [Safe Fall, Swinging]
[4 ep as needed]

Motorcycle (10 ep): Size: Medium; Strength: 1; Speed: 6; Defense: 10; Toughness: 8

Costs: Abilities 38+ Skills 23+ Advantages 28+ Powers 7+ Defenses 24= 120 pts.
Tattooedman

Sureshot

Post by Tattooedman »

Sureshot:
PL:
Strength 3
Stamina 3
Agility 5
Dexterity 6
Fighting 5
Intellect 1
Awareness 3
Presence 3

Skills: Acrobatics 10 (+15), Athletics 7 (+10), Close Combat [Bow Bash] 5 (+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 5 (+10), Deception 7 (+9), Expertise [Streetwise] 4 (+5), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation 4 (+6), Investigation 4 (+5), Perception 8 (+11), Persuasion 6 (+9), Stealth 5 (+10), Technology 4 (+5), Vehicles [Air] 3 (+9), Vehicles [Land] 3 (+9), Vehicles [Sea] 3 (+9)

Advantages: Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 7, Improved Aim, Improved Critical [Bow], Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 8, Skill Mastery [Ranged Combat (Bow)], Takedown 2

Powers: Martial Arts: Strength-Based Damage 2 (Feat: Innate)

Offense: Initiative +9
Melee Attack +5 // Bow Bash/Unarmed Attack +10
Ranged Attack +14

Parry +12
Toughness +8*/+6**/+3 [*Costume & Defensive Roll/**Costume]
Fortitude +9
Will +8

Equipment: Costume: Protection 3 (Feats: Feature [Hidden Pockets, Subtle)

Bow & Arrows: (30 pts)
Rapid Fire Arrows: Ranged Piercing Damage 6 (Extra: Multiattack)
-Bola Arrow: Ranged Affliction 6 [Hindered & Impaired, Immobile & Prone; resisted by Dodge] (Extra: Extra Condition); (Flaw: Limited Degree)
-Cutting Torch Arrow: Weaken Toughness 6 [resisted by Fortitude] (Extras: Affects Objects, Linked [Damage]); (Flaw: Affects Object only) & Heat Damage 6
-Explosive Arrow: Ranged Ballistic Damage 8 (Extra: Area [Burst]); (Feat: Triggered); (Flaws: Inaccurate, Unreliable [5 uses])
-Flare Arrow: Ranged Affliction 6 [Visually Impaired, Visually Disabled, Visually Unaware; resisted by Fortitude] (Extra: Area [Burst]); (Flaw: Limited [1 sense (visual)])
-Glue Arrow: Ranged Affliction 6 [Hindered & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Immobilized; resisted by Dodge] (Extras: Extra Condition, Contagious); (Flaw: Limited Degree)
-Grappling Hook Arrow: Movement 1 (Swinging)
-Knockout Gas Arrow: Ranged Affliction 6 [Fatigued, Exhausted, Asleep; resisted by Fortitude] (Extra: Area [Burst])
-Magnetic Arrow: Move Object 6 (Extras: Area [Burst], Ranged); (Flaw: Limited [Only metallic objects], Limited [Only towards arrow])
-Net Arrow: Ranged Affliction 6 [Hindered & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Immobilized; resisted by Dodge/Damage] (Extras: Cumulative, Extra Condition); (Flaw: Limited Degree)
-Standard Arrow: Ranged Piercing Damage 6
-Stun Arrow: Ranged Affliction 6 [Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated; resisted by Fortitude]
-Bow Bash: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2

Costs: Abilities 58+ Skills 30+ Advantages 30+ Powers 3+ Defenses 24= 145 pts.

Height: 5'5"
Weight: 122 lbs
Eye Color: Red

Complications:
Fame: All the members of the Vanguard are well-known in the United States.

Legacy: Sureshot is the partner of Recurve II.

Motivation ~Seeking Justice : Sureshot fights crime to punish those that break the law.

Background: Caitlin Reese's life was difficult from the start; her mother's pregnancy was elevated to a high-risk with the onset of gestational diabetes. At thirty-two weeks, Caitlin's mother went into labor and the girl was born prematurely. Her parents saw to it that Caitlin had an active and outdoorsy childhood with her two older brothers, Michael and Mark. The three of them were mostly inseparable going hiking, camping, and hunting. For all intents and purposes, Caitlin was “one of the boys” so when her brothers began training in mixed martial arts she pushed to be included despite her mother's reservations. Despite the stigma many women faced during that time in those circles, Caitlin developed an impressive skill set and she racked up an impressive semi-pro record. Those were the best days of her life…

When Caitlin was seventeen, her mother was killed leaving her law office late one night. According to the police, she was found in an adjacent alley face down, her skirt severely ripped with a bullet in the back of her head. Despite the fact that her mother was still wearing her diamond ring and matching anklet birthday, the police called it a robbery. Months afterward, the police were proved wrong, when one of her mother’s clients admitted to killing her when she didn’t reciprocate his romantic advances. After the ordeal, Caitlin decided to pursue a career in law enforcement.

Over the following few years Caitlin used her mother’s death as motivation to join the police force - she attended both night school and summer courses to attain a bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice by the time she was twenty. As she was still too you to be admitted into the police academy Caitlin spent the next year engaging in various physical regimes - boxing, cross training, marathon running, and extreme sports to keep herself in the best physical shape possible. The following year, Caitlin graduated at the top of her police academy class in several criteria and with her college degree in criminal justice behind her, was allowed to take the detectives' exam at a younger age. But police work was not as fulfilling as Caitlin had hoped and she always felt like she was held back by the bureaucracy involved with prosecuting criminal offenders.

Then she began a loose partnership with the second Recurve, aiding the hero on various cases and developing a grudging respect for the vigilante until eventually becoming his ally. After nearly a year of this Caitlin's superiors become suspicious of her alliance with Recurve and are able to get her dismissed from the force. Unable to get a job afterwards Caitlin becomes a private detective while working more with Recurve to the point that she becomes his partner as Sureshot.

It didn't take long for the two of them to catch the attention of the Department of Alpha Affairs who tried to recruit the pair into the Vanguard, and while Recurve turned down the offer, Caitlin accepted and became a member of the sixth incarnation of the Vanguard. While she had several adventures with the group, she made sure to return to her hometown on a regular basis to help Recurve (II) keep it safe.

When the man known as Ahriman broke free of his mystical prison and threatened to transform the world so that he could rule it, Caitlin was among the heroes that gathered together to stop him. In the end, unfortunately, she died during the early parts of the Ahriman War, killed by one of Ahriman’s Daevas when they first fought against the assembled heroes.

Art by Phil Cho on DeviantArt.com
Last edited by Tattooedman on Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.