J-Mart: Sentinels, Mystique

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Thorpocalypse

Magik: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

I really suggest you cooperate. To coin a phrase, we really do have ways of making you talk. - Magik

MAGIK
PL13

OPL: 13; SPL: 4; DPL: 13; FWPL: 8; HP: 1
Height: 5-5
Weight: 130
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blonde
Skin: Fair
Race: Mutant
Identity: Public
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: Krakoa
Team Affiliations: X-Men

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 5 (+8), Athletics 4 (+5), Close Combat [Swords] 3 (+11), Deception 6 (+7), Expertise [Magic] 12 (+14), Insight 6 (+9), Intimidation (+1), Perception 2 (+5), Persuasion 4 (+5), Ranged Combat [Magic] 8 (+10), Stealth 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack (1) (Swords), Benefit (5) (Status, Resources 5 – Ruler of Limbo), Defensive Roll (1), Diehard, Equipment (1), Favored Environment (Limbo), Languages (1) (English, Infernal, Base: Russian), Power Attack (1) (Swords), Ritualist, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Psionic Shields: Immunity 10 (Mental Effects); 10 pts
Mystical Training: Senses 1 (Magical Awareness); 1 pt
Eldritch Armor: Feature 1 (Quick Change), Protection 4 (Flaw: Sustained); 5 pts
Stepping Discs: 55 pt Array; 57 pts
Step Across Earth: Teleport 10 (1000 miles; Extra: Easy, Extended, Increased Mass 6 [3200 lbs], Portal [5 pts], Flaw: Extended Only, Quirk: Passes through Limbo); 55 pts
Step Into Limbo: Movement 1 (Dimensional Travel [Limbo]; Extra: Increased Mass 6 [3200 lbs], Portal 2 [10 ft]); 1 pt
You Step Into Limbo: Ranged Movement 1 (Dimensional Travel [Limbo]; Extra: Attack, Increased Mass 6 [3200 lbs], Portal 2 [10 ft]); 1 pt

Soulsword: 46 pt Traits, Easily Removable (-18 pts), Feature 3 (Restricted 2 [Magik or one chosen by her], Summonable); 28 pts
Soulsword Defenses: Enhanced Dodge 2 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Parry 2 (Flaw: Sustained); 4 pts
Soulsword Strike Array: 41 pt Array; 42 pts
Mystical Target Soulsword Strike: Slashing Strength-based Damage 14 (Extra: Affects Insubstantial 2, Dangerous 4, Linked [Nullify], Flaw: Limited to Magical beings), Nullify 15 (Magic Effects; Extras: Broad, Sustained, Linked [Damage], Flaw: Range [close]); 41 pts
Soulsword Strike: Slashing Strength-based Damage 8 (Extra: Affects Insubstantial 2, Dangerous 2); 1 pt

Queen of Limbo: Variable 10 (50 pts Traits, Mystical Descriptor, Flaws: Limited to when in Limbo Only); 50 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Krakoan Tech Costume: Feature 1 (Quick Change); 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +1]
Swords +11 [Soulsword +9, Critical 18-20; Soulsword Against Magical Creatures +15, Critical 16-20; Magical Nullify +15]
Ranged Attack +2
Magic +10 [Stepping Disc Teleport Attack +10]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 (+13 with Soulsword) [DC21/23] Parry +11 (+13 with Soulsword) [DC21/23]
Toughness +3 (+2 without Defensive Roll, +7 with Armor), Fortitude +6, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Accident: Magik's stepping discs can transport users through time as well as space,so she has to focus or the time travel occurs unpredictably.
Enemy: Belasco.
Motivation: Protecting Xavier's Dream of peaceful mutant-human coexistence and safeguarding the mutant homeland of Krakoa.
Prejudice: Mutant.
Relationships: Her brother Colossus, best friend Kate Pride, and her X-Men teammates.
Reputation: Due to her experiences in Limbo, Illyana can sometimes be too aggressive and violent for her allies' comfort and they have had a hard time trusting her.
Responsibility: Magik is the ruler of Limbo.

Abilities 44 + Skills 26 (52 ranks) + Advantages 14 + Powers 152 + Defenses 20 = 256 / 256

Build Comments: I never read the original New Mutants run so I didn't know much about Magik because she wasn't being used when I got back into comics and she didn't get actually exist when I quit reading in the 80s. But over the past few years she's really grown on me. They made her her own character and not just Colossus's little sister, which can be a tough shift to make.

As a build, her new sorcery powers have been inconsistently portrayed so I'm leaving them for power stunts. But in limbo, she's uber powerful.

Secret Origins: Illyana Rasputin (born Illyana Nikolaievna Rasputina) was born in the Ust-Ordynski Collective farm, near Lake Baikal, Siberia, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union to Nikolai Rasputin and his wife Alexandra Natalya Rasputina. Illyana's two older brothers, Mikhail Nikolaievitch Rasputin and Colossus (Piotr "Peter" Nikolaievitch Rasputin) are also mutants.

The Story so Far: In her short life, she has seen and been through many things. From the experience of being kidnapped at a very young age by the evil Belasco, to life in a "Hell" dimension named Limbo for 7 years. Her gifts were exploited, and her soul was corrupted by black magic, turning a portion of it evil. After becoming the first victim to die of the Legacy Virus, she was eventually resurrected by her former master several years later.

Characterization: Magik is a powerful sorceress and mutant able to teleport across time and space who suffers from internal demons but remains an angel at her core.

Friends and Foes: Her brother, Piotr and her X-Men/New Mutants teammates.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

Magik: Earth-PC1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

You believe yourselves immune to death? I bring you a gospel of oblivion. I bring you the Soulsword. Taste it and cease to be. - Magik

MAGIK
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 3; DPL: 10; FWPL: 8; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+7), Athletics 4 (+5), Close Combat [Swords] 3 (+11), Deception 4 (+5), Expertise [Magic] 11 (+13), Insight 2 (+5), Intimidation (+1), Perception (+3), Persuasion (+1), Stealth 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (1) (Status - Ruler of Limbo), Defensive Roll (1), Diehard, Equipment (1), Favored Environment (Limbo), Languages (1) (English, Infernal, Base: Russian), Power Attack, Ritualist, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Psionic Shields: Immunity 2 (Mind Reading), Enhanced Will 4 (Flaw: Limited to Mental Effects); 4 pts
Mystical Training: Senses 1 (Magical Awareness); 1 pt
Eldritch Armor: Feature 1 (Quick Change), Protection 4 (Flaw: Sustained); 5 pts
Stepping Discs: 55 pt Array; 57 pts
Step Across Earth: Teleport 8 (250 miles; Extra: Extended, Increased Mass 6 [3200 lbs], Flaw: Extended Only, Quirk: Passes through Limbo); 29 pts
Step Into Limbo: Movement 1 (Dimensional Travel [Limbo]; Extra: Increased Mass 6 [3200 lbs]); 1 pt
You Step Into Limbo: Ranged Movement 1 (Dimensional Travel [Limbo]; Extra: Accurate 4, Attack, Increased Mass 6 [3200 lbs]); 1 pt

Soulsword: 33 pt Traits, Easily Removable (-14 pts), Feature 3 (Restricted 2 [Magik or one chosen by her], Summonable); 22 pts
Soulsword Defenses: Enhanced Dodge 2 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Parry 2 (Flaw: Sustained); 4 pts
Soulsword Strike Array: 28 pt Array; 29 pts
Mystical Target Soulsword Strike: Slashing Strength-based Damage 8 (Extra: Affects Insubstantial 2, Dangerous 4, Linked [Nullify], Flaw: Limited to Magical beings), Nullify 7 (Magic Effects; Extras: Broad, Sustained, Linked [Damage], Flaw: Range [close]); 28 pts
Soulsword Strike: Slashing Strength-based Damage 6 (Extra: Affects Insubstantial 2, Dangerous 2); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +1]
Swords +11 [Soulsword +7, Critical 18-20; Soulsword Against Magical Creatures +9, Critical 16-20/Magical Nullify +7]
Ranged Attack +2
Magic +10 [Stepping Disc Teleport Attack +10]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 (+13 with Soulsword) [DC21/23] Parry +11 (+13 with Soulsword) [DC21/23]
Toughness +3 (+2 without Defensive Roll, +7 with Armor), Fortitude +6, Will +7 (+11 against Mental Effects)

COMPLICATIONS:
Accident: Magik's stepping discs can transport users through time as well as space,so she has to focus or the time travel occurs unpredictably.
Enemy: Belasco.
Motivation: Protecting Xavier's Dream of peaceful mutant-human coexistence and safeguarding the mutant homeland of Krakoa.
Relationships: Her brother Colossus, best friend Kate Pride, and her X-Men teammates.
Reputation: Due to her experiences in Limbo, Illyana can sometimes be too aggressive and violent for her allies' comfort and they have had a hard time trusting her.
Responsibility: Magik is the ruler of Limbo.

Abilities 44 + Skills 15 (30 ranks) + Advantages 9 + Powers 63 + Defenses 19 = 150 / 150
Goldar

Re: J-Mart: Human Torch, Mr. Fantastic, Havok, Polaris, Magik

Post by Goldar »

I like Magik, but I do not think the artist drew her swords large enough in those pics. :lol: Just kiddin'.

I think they did a nice job of Ilyana in the New Mutants movie.
Thorpocalypse

Magik: Earth-J217

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Later
Thorpocalypse

Magik: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Sure
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Goldar wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:45 pm I like Magik, but I do not think the artist drew her swords large enough in those pics. :lol: Just kiddin'.

I haven't had the guts to watch that movie yet. What was your overall opinion?
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:12 am
Goldar wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:45 pm I like Magik, but I do not think the artist drew her swords large enough in those pics. :lol: Just kiddin'.

I haven't had the guts to watch that movie yet. What was your overall opinion?
Overall, I liked it. It was much better than I thought it would be from what i had heard and seen.

That said, I think they needed some more time to explain things (to those unfamiliar of the characters and other things-do not want to give plot away).

I think they got Illyana perfect, the look, movement, powers and her accent were terrific. She was really powerful. The others were okay, Wolfsbane was probably the second best shown. But I would have liked it if Magma was in it. Dani did not look like in the comics and I really wanted to see her kneeling beside Rahne in Wolf-form, like that cover, but we did not get that.
Thorpocalypse

Cannonball: Earth-T1/PC1/PC2

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Nice try, but Ah'm pretty much invulnerable when Ah'm blastin'. You fellas wouldn't happen ta be invulnerable, too, would'ja? Say if I dropped you from five thousand feet? - Cannonball

CANNONBALL
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: -; DPL: 10; FWPL: 7; HP: 1
Height: 6-0
Weight: 183
Hair: Blonde
Identity: Public
Base of Operations: Krakoa
Team Affiliations: X-Men; JLAX

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+5/+13), Athletics 5 (+7), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+8), Deception (+3), Expertise [Mining] 4 (+5), Expertise [Tactics] 9 (+10), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation (+3), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion 7 (+10), Stealth (+3), Vehicles 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack (1) (Slam Attack), Defensive Roll (1), Diehard, Equipment (1), Favored Environment (Flying), Leadership, Power Attack (1) (Slam Attack)

POWERS:
Thermodynamic Flight: Flight 12 (8,000 mph/16 mpr), Enhanced Strength 3 (1600 lbs; Flaw: Limited to Lifting, Limited to only when flying), Line Area Fire Damage 8 (Extra: Line Area [30 ft line], Flaw: Limited to targets behind him, Limited to only when flying); 31 pts
Invulnerability: Protection 10 (Flaw: Limited to when flying, Sustained), Impervious Toughness 13 (Flaw: Limited to when flying, Sustained), Immunity 20 (Fire Effects, Own Slam Attack Damage, Flaw: Limited to when flying); 22 pts
Flight Mastery: Enhanced Advantages 2 (Evasion, Improved Defense, Flaw: Limited to when flying), Enhanced Skills 4 (Acrobatics 8 ranks, Flaw: Limited to when flying); 3 pts
Blast Field: Burst Area Fire Damage 10 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Flaw: Limited [only when flying]); 10 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Flash Goggles: Feature 1 (+5 Visual Dazzle Resistance); 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +8 [Unarmed +2; Cannonball Slam +12]
Ranged Attack +2
Special Attack [Cannonball Trail +8, Line Area; Blast Field Burst +10, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 [DC16] Parry +6 [DC16]
Toughness +4 (+3 without Defensive Roll, +14 with Blast Field, +7 Impervious with Blast Field), Fortitude +7, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Big Shoes to Fill: As one of the new field leaders of the X-Men, he worries about living up to Cyclops' standards.
Relationships: His family, his best friend Sunspot and his New Mutants teammates. He's also very close to Cable.
Responsibility: Xavier's Dream.

Abilities 46 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 66 + Defenses 11 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: I’ve become a big Sam Guthrie fan over the years and I like how he has grown as a leader. I was glad to see him getting some props in the Avengers for a while but that didn't last. At least the New Mutants got a redo.

Secret Origins: Samuel Zachery Guthrie was the eldest son of a large farming Kentucky family. Sam attempted to help out his family by working in a coal mine after his had died father there inhaling coal dust. Right on his first day, Sam and his father's friend, Lewis, were trapped in a cave-in. In his panic, Sam manifested his mutant blasting powers which allowed him and Lewis to escape the collapse.

This incident led to Sam to be discovered by Donald Pierce, who recruited him in a plot to attack a young group of mutants Professor Charles Xavier, founder of the X-Men, had assembled. Sam eventually came to his senses and turned against Pierce. Professor Xavier saw the good inside Sam and invited him to join his New Mutants. Cannonball left his family to join the team.

The Story so Far: At Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, the New Mutants were tutored by Professor X and trained in the use of their powers in the Danger Room. Though the team was originally created because the Professor was possessed by the Brood Queen egg inside of him for future embryos, Cannonball remained with the team for its entire existence. He formed close friendships with his teammates, Wolfsbane and Sunspot, and a friendly rivalry with Danielle Moonstar (Psyche) who, along with Cannonball, was the team's co-leader.

After many adventures, The New Mutants were introduced to X-Factor and began to live on Ship, merging with the X-Terminators. Cannonball and the other New Mutants left the X-Men's supervision and joined forces with the mysterious war hawk Cable to become the hard-edged X-Force. Cable made Cannonball Second-In-Command of that team.

It was early during this time that Sam was impaled and killed by the mutant Sauron during a clash with an incarnation of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. However, only a few minutes later, Sam was miraculously alive again. It was revealed that Cable had chosen to lead the New Mutants initially because he suspected Cannonball to be an External - a rare, particular type of mutant who is virtually immortal. Cable had come to train Sam to fight Apocalypse, another External who, in Cable's future time, had conquered the world. However, Selene later claimed that Cannonball was not an External, though an alternate explanation for his surviving the wounds Sauron had inflicted is unknown.

X-Force re-established ties with the X-Men and Cannonball accepted an offer to join the latter team. He began to spend a lot of time with Wolverine. During this time, Cannonball defeated the Superman-like Shi'ar agent, Gladiator in single combat--a feat no X-Man has ever matched (indeed, only the Hulk and Thor can claim an equal victory). Eventually, he felt uncomfortable with mutants outside his peer group.

Sam returned to the X-Men for a brief period until he left the team to help his ailing mother. During his time with the X-Men, he also infiltrated the presidential campaign of anti-mutant candidate Graydon Creed, using the alias "Samson Guthry". Despite the rather transparent alias, Sam was able to remain undetected until Creed was assassinated on the eve of the election.

Cannonball rejoined X-Force, now independent of Cable and operating in San Francisco. Cannonball eventually became team leader again, after Siryn sustained injuries. The team eventually found a new mentor, by the name of Peter Wisdom, who introduced the team to the world of espionage. After Wisdom's alleged death, Sam led the team again and attempted to continue Wisdom's crusade. Eventually, Sam and other members of X-Force had to fake their deaths.

After X-Force’s dissolution, Cannonball joined several of his former teammates and former members of X-Force and Generation, in the Paris, France branch, of Professor X's international mutant task force X-Corporation. His time with the X-Corporation wasn't a pleasant one. En route to one mission later found to involve the Weapon Plus program, his teammate Darkstar poked fun at him for eating a sandwich that would have rather distasteful consequences for "everybody who went out without an umbrella in downtown Beauvais". This moment of levity at Cannonball's expense did not last, as on that same mission, Darkstar died. At the funeral of Darkstar, Xavier gave Cannonball a note, with the whereabouts of Lila Cheney. Sam decided to take time away from the X-Corporation, as the strain of his life began to get to him.

While away, Sam rekindled his romantic relationship with Lila Cheney for a time. Sam couldn't find peace with his life so he was asked by Storm to join her X-Treme X-Men, a group of X-Men operating outside of Professor X's leadership. During his time with Storm's team, Sam found himself having a reunion of sorts with former teammates, Sunspot and Magma.

He and his teammates later rejoined the central X-Men. Sam eventually got injured on a mission and once again decided to take a break. He used the time to work on his own farm which he bought with his X-Corporation paychecks. While on the farm, Sam found himself teaming up again with Cable and a reformed X-Force against the threat of the Skornn. Later, Sam and former X-Force teammate Siryn went in search of Cable with the mercenary Deadpool. Deadpool derisively referred to Sam as "Cannonballs".

Sam once joined the active roster of the X-Men, whose team was co-led by Nightcrawler and Bishop. He soon suffered the death of his brother Icarus, who had been killed by William Stryker.

Cannonball served on Rogue's team of X-Men. After defeating the Children of the Vault, Rogue announced the departure of her team from the mansion. Sam felt the need to leave because his brother's death made him feel as if every time he walked through the mansion's doors, he felt as if he was stepping on his grave.

Following the disbanding of the X-Men, Sam returned home and was disgruntled and quickly left. Sam was the target of the Young X-Men after Donald Pierce posed as Cyclops and claimed that Sam had joined the new Brotherhood.

Magik later returned, stating that she was from the not too distant future and that the world and New Mutants would die without her intervention. Cyclops allowed Cannonball to reorganize the original New Mutants squad. Their first mission was to subdue a recently returned Legion. After battling their resurrected teammate, Doug Ramsey, and the Hellions, Doug was freed from Eli Bard's control by Warlock wielding Magik's Soulsword and they both rejoined their former teammates.

After the conflict between the Avengers and the X-Men, Captain America realized that the Avengers should have done more to help mutants, and had allowed the world to hate them due to their passiveness. As a result, he invited various mutants to be part of the ranks of Earth's Mightiest Heroes as well as forming a team of Avengers lead by Havok. Cannonball, together with Sunspot joined the main Avengers team as part of Tony Stark's plan to make the Avengers bigger. He has also taken a larger role with the X-Men, becoming one of their top field leaders.

Characterization: Cannonball is one of few X-Men from a southern, rural background and has maintained the values of civility, hard work, and a strong commitment to his beliefs throughout his career as a superhero.

A "salt-of-the-earth", honest, well-mannered and responsible young man, Guthrie is a natural leader. Guthrie is a fan of science fiction, especially the works of Robert A. Heinlein.

Friends and Foes: Several of his siblings are also mutants and have joined X-Men-related teams, including his sisters, Paige and Melody, and brothers Jay and Jeb. Other siblings include a brother named Lewis, and four more sisters: Joelle, Elizabeth, Cissie and another unnamed sister.
Thorpocalypse

Cannonball: Earth-J217

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Maybe
Thorpocalypse

Cannonball: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Maybe
Thorpocalypse

Cable: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

I'll need guns. Very, very big guns. - Cable

CABLE
PL12

OPL: 12; SPL: 6; DPL: 12; FWPL: 10; HP: 1
Height: 6-8
Weight: 350
Hair: White
Identity: Secret
Base of Operations: Mobile
Team Affiliations: X-Force; X-Men

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 5 [8], STAMINA 5, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 6, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+8), Athletics 6 (+11/+14), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+16), Deception 5 (+10), Expertise [Current Events] 6 (+12), Insight 6 (+11), Intimidation 5 (+10), Investigation 3 (+9), Perception 8 (+13), Persuasion 3 (+8), Ranged Combat [Guns] 2 (+16), Stealth 8 (+12), Technology 10 (+16), Vehicles 6 (+11)

ADVANTAGES: Close Attack (2), Combat Leader*, Defensive Roll (1), Diehard, Equipment (11), Favored Foe (Stryfe), Improved Critical (2) (Guns, Unarmed), Leadership, Power Attack (3) (Cone of Silence, Guns, Unarmed), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (8), Takedown (2), Trance

POWERS:
Minor Psionic Ability: 8 pt Array; 10 pts
Telekinesis: Perception Range Move Object 4 (Flaw: Distracting); 8 pts
Telepathy: Mind Reading 4; 1 pt
Mental Communication: Communication 1 (Mental, 100 ft; Flaw: Distracting); 1 pt

Body Armor: 5 pts Traits, Removable (-1 pt); 5 pts
Body Armor: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 3; 5 pts
Cybernetic Left Eye: Senses 4 (Normal Vision [Extended], Infravision [Extended, Tracking]); 4 pts
Cybernetic Left Arm: Enhanced Strength 3 (Quirk: Limited to Left Arm); 5 pts
Dominus Objective: 21 pts Traits, Removable (-4 pts); 17 pts
Cyberpathy: Comprehend 2 (Speak, Understand Machines), Communication 4 (Radio, Worldwide); 20 pts
Bodyslide: Teleport 12 (4000 miles; Extra: Increased Mass 4 [1600 lbs], Flaw: Extended Only, Limited [Requires Deadpool]); 1 pt

Cone of Silence: 25 pts Traits, Removable (-5 pts); 20 pts
Technical Telekinesis: 21 pt Dynamic Array; 25 pts
Force Blast: Ranged Force Energy Damage 10 (Extra: Dynamic); 21 pts
Force Lifting: Move Object 10 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Force Field: Protection 4 (Extra: Dynamic, Flaw: Sustained), Impervious Toughness 6 (Flaw: Sustained, Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(60 pts)
Heavy Blaster Pistol: Energy Ranged Damage 7; 14 pts
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous; 2 pts
Arsenal: (24 pts)
Big Ass Machine Gun: Ranged Multiattack Ballistic Damage 7; 21 pts
Blaster Rifle: Energy Ranged Damage 9, Extended Range (50/100/250); 1 pt
Fragmentation Grenades: Ranged Burst Area Ballistic Damage 6, Extra: Burst Area (30 ft radius); 1 pt
Flash Bang Grenade: Ranged Burst Area Affliction 5 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Visually and Auditory Impaired, 2nd: Visually and Auditory Disabled, 3rd: Visual and Auditory Unaware, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Extra Condition); 1 pt
Headquarters: (20 pts)
Greymalkin: Size - Huge, Tough - 14, Features - Communications, Computer, Defense System, Fire Prevention System, Gym, Hangar, Infirmary, Isolated, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Power System, Security System; 20 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +4
Close Attack +14 [Knife +6, Critical 19-20]
Unarmed +16 [Left Arm Unarmed +8, Critical 19-20; Right Arm Unarmed +5, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +14 [Force Blast +10]
Guns +15 [Blaster Rifle +9, Critical 19-20; Blaster Pistol +7, Critical 19-20; Big Ass Machine Gun +7, Critical 19-20, Multiattack]
Special Attack [Frag Grenades +6, Burst Area; Flash Bang Affliction +5, Burst Area; Telekinesis Move Object +4, Perception]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +8 (+2 Impervious, +12 with Force Field, +5 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +9, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Apocalypse, Stryfe, Bishop for a while.
Man out of Time: Sometimes Nate has problems dealing with being in the past that could shape his future.
Obsession: Preventing the future mutant holocaust.
Relationships: He has a father/daughter relationship with Hope Summers, he is getting closer to his father, Scott Summers and he is close to his original New Mutants/X-Force charges, especially Cannonball. Oh, and Deadpool…most of the time…

Abilities 94 + Skills 37 (74 ranks) + Advantages 36 + Powers 71 + Defenses 17 = 255 / 255

Build Comments: I was pleased with Josh Brolin’s Cable Deadpool 2. It would have been nice if they found someone bigger but Hugh Jackman being a tall Wolverine went pretty well so I guess you don’t always have to be completely true to the comics. But Brolin nailed the intensity and grumpiness that belied his caring nature so I dug it.

My concern was that we wee going to get another Cable push in the comics and I was right. What I didn’t see coming was Kid Cable. And I was pleasantly surprised. As much as I dug him, I kinda felt like the character had run his course in the main Marvel U. But Kid Cable has been fun as hell and I hoped he kept rolling for a while. But alas, old grumpy Cable is back again so here we go again...

Secret Origins: Nathan Christopher Charles Summers' destiny was planned before his parents even met. Geneticist Mr. Sinister found that a union between the X-Men Scott Summers (Cyclops) and Jean Grey (Marvel Girl) would produce a powerful genetically superior mutant. Sinister hoped he could control such a mutant and use it to defeat his immortal adversary Apocalypse.

Around this time Jean's form and consciousness was replaced by the reckless cosmic Phoenix Force while she healed from radiation poison in a cocoon at the bottom of Jamaica Bay. Sinister created a clone of Jean and named her Madelyne Pryor. Sinister's plan was to produce the child he needed from the union of Madelyne and Scott. Sinister considered his clone a failure until a spark from the Phoenix Force granted Madelyne a life force and some of Jean's memories. Sinister crafted a false background for her and arranged for her to meet Scott as a pilot for Scott's grandparents. Scott was instantly drawn to Madelyne because she strongly resembled his true love, Jean. They quickly married. Madelyne later became pregnant and had a son who she named Nathan Christopher Charles Summers—"Nathan" from an implanted suggestion by Mister Sinister in Madelyne, "Christopher" from Scott's father, and "Charles" from Scott's father-figure.

The Story so Far: Before he became Cable, he was the infant son of Cyclops and was sent into the future for protection. As a child, Cable possessed a mild form of psionic abilities.

Later, Cable appeared as a man with mysterious roots. He first led everyone to believe that he was simply a man with cyborg parts. This characterization slowly changed into that of a mutant with robot parts. His character finally evolved into the child that Cyclops had sent into the future, revealing him as a mutant with techno-organic parts.

He led the New Mutants and X-Force for a while, generally distancing themselves from the X-Men but assisting them from time to time.

The release of the Legacy Virus cure weakened the techno-organic virus. However Cable, now calling himself Soldier X, largely held back the use of his increased powers fearing they would become uncontrollable. The virus eventually repaired and reduplicated itself.

Cable then achieved the peak of his powers. Knowing this could not last long before he burned out as X-Man almost did at those power levels, he arranged for what he thought would be the best thing he could do in his last days. Attempting to unite the world, Cable gathered the missing pieces of his long-destroyed space station, Graymalkin, from across the globe to telekinetically create the floating island of Providence above the South Pacific Ocean. Cable also restored a variation of his time displacement core, TDC, the teleport matrix, which enabled him to teleport around the world. Although, forgetting that they had merged on a genetic level, meant that the teleportation matrix on board registered Cable and Deadpool as one and they would teleport merged together, unless they remembered to body-slide by two. Cable accepted anyone and everyone to live in his separate floating island. Several thousand of the world's greatest minds, from scientists to philosophers, philanthropists to writers, accepted Cable's invitation. Cable attempted to bring peaceful Clan Askani solutions to his people.

Although his intentions were just, the governments of the world and S.H.I.E.L.D. grew wary. S.H.I.E.L.D. first sent a new team of Six Pack, to aggressively reconnoiter Providence, but Cable showed them the city and offered them to stay. After Cable teleported to the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier and demanded the governments of the world destroy their arms, the American government sent jets and fired two hundred and forty-seven missiles, which Cable stopped with a telekinetic shield and funneled out of Earth's atmosphere. Meanwhile, Cable, hired Deadpool to put together the pieces of a mini-teleporter that they could use to stop him, without quite knowing what it was. Next, the X-Men were sent, but after Cable spoke with his father, the battle stopped. Cable confessed to Cyclops, after Deadpool had declined to play his role and disable him, that he'd wanted him to kill him and that he knew he was about to burn out. Cable stated that he wanted to set an example of how the world could work together, even if it was against him. At that moment, Fury contacted Mr. Fantastic and asked the Silver Surfer to stop Cable. The battle between Cable and the Silver Surfer vaporized sections of Providence, but they put it back together at the same time. After the Surfer blasted much of Cable's left side off, Providence began to fall. As Providence prepared to crash into the ocean, Deadpool teleported Cable to Safehouse 14 and, at his prompting, used the teleporter to lobotomize him. Marvel Girl began to lower the island, but Cable regained control and lowered the island into the ocean and give a final message to the world.

While he was left in a coma and with many people around the globe now referring to him as "the Savior" and applications to immigrate to Providence going through the roof, Deadpool hired the Fixer to bond benign techno-organic mesh to Cable, saving him although he remains hugely depowered.

Cable rejoined the X-Men as part of a new team that consisted of Rogue, Iceman (Bobby Drake), Cannonball, Sabretooth, and Mystique. Cable seemingly died when Gambit and Sunfire detonated Providence.

After losing those powers, he dubbed himself the protector of Hope Summers and took her into the future for protection.

Cable actually survived, and resurfaced in possession of the first mutant baby girl to be born after M-Day. The X-Men, Marauders, and Purifiers had been seeking the child. This put Cable in conflict with Bishop, the X-Men, and the new X-Force. In the end Cable convinced Cyclops to allow him to take the baby into the future. Even in the future Bishop was able to track them down, but Cable escaped with the help from a future Sam Guthrie.

After many adventures, when the now teenaged Hope wanted to return to the past, Cable reluctantly agreed. They managed to make it back to the present, only to be attacked by Bastion's Human Council. Hope escaped with Rogue, and Cable fought alongside the X-Men once more.

Cable later seemingly sacrificed his life to bring Wolverine and his X-Force team (Archangel, Cypher, X-23 and Domino) to San Francisco in year 2010 by stepping into the time portal that Bastion was using to send his Nimrod Class Sentinels to the aforementioned year and finally allowing his techno-organic virus to finally and fully infect him.

But in fact, Cable escaped into the future, where he met Blaquesmith, who told him that the world collapsed because the Avengers had killed Hope. Together they went to the Avengers Mansion where they found much anti-mutant technology. They then returned to the present in order to hunt the Avengers before the virus finally consumed him. Although he managed to defeat several Avengers, he was eventually taken down and brought to Utopia by Cyclops. After recovering, he created a new X-Force team.

Characterization: Cable is a kind of antihero—a cryptic, Man with No Name of mutantkind. He’s an often conflicted but supremely dangerous soldier.

Friends and Foes: He has reconciled with his father, Scott Summers and loves Hope like a daughter. He is also close to his original X-Force/New Mutant protégés, particularly Cannonball.
Thorpocalypse

Cable: Earth-PC1/PC2

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Wolverine and I have a long history-- longer than he knows. Of all the X-Men he is the one who won't hesitate to kill. And that's where we're alike. - Cable

CABLE
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 3; DPL: 10; FWPL: 8; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 5 [7], STAMINA 5, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+8/+10), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+13), Deception (+0), Expertise [Current Events] 1 (+5), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation 7 (+7), Perception 5 (+7), Persuasion (+0), Ranged Combat [Guns] 11 (+13), Stealth 4 (+6), Technology 4 (+8), Vehicles 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Diehard, Equipment (5), Leadership, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Minor Psionic Ability: 8 pt Array; 10 pts
Telekinesis: Perception Range Move Object 4 (Flaw: Distracting); 8 pts
Telepathy: Mind Reading 8 (Flaw: Distracting); 1 pt
Mental Communication: Communication 1 (Mental, 100 ft; Flaw: Distracting); 1 pt

Body Armor: 3 pts Traits, Removable (-1 pt); 2 pts
Body Armor: Protection 3; 3 pts
Cybernetic Left Eye: Senses 4 (Normal Vision [Extended], Infravision [Extended, Tracking]); 4 pts
Cybernetic Left Arm: Enhanced Strength 2 (Quirk: Limited to Left Arm); 3 pts
Dominus Objective: 16 pts Traits, Removable (-3 pts); 13 pts
Cyberpathy: Comprehend 2 (Speak, Understand Machines); 4 pts
Bodyslide: Teleport 12 (4000 miles; Extra: Increased Mass 4 [1600 lbs], Flaw: Extended Only, Limited [Requires Deadpool]); 12 pts

Cone of Silence: 11 pts Traits, Removable (-2 pts); 9 pts
Force Field: Protection 2 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious Toughness 9 (Flaw: Sustained); 11 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(25 pts)
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous; 2 pts
Arsenal: (24 pts)
Big Ass Machine Gun: Ranged Multiattack Ballistic Damage 7; 21 pts
Blaster Rifle: Energy Ranged Damage 9, Extended Range (50/100/250), Inaccurate; 1 pt
Fragmentation Grenades: Ranged Burst Area Ballistic Damage 6, Extra: Burst Area (30 ft radius); 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +10 [Knife +6, Critical 19-20; Cybernetic Arm Knife +8, Critical 19-20]
Unarmed +13 [Cybernetic Arm Unarmed +7, Critical 19-20; Right Arm Unarmed +5, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +2
Blaster Rifle +11 [Blaster Rifle +9]
Guns +13 [Big Ass Machine Gun +7, Critical 19-20, Multiattack]
Special Attack [Frag Grenades +6, Burst Area; Telekinesis Move Object +4, Perception]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +8 (+8 without Defensive Roll, +10 with Force Field, +5 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +8, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Apocalypse, Stryfe, Bishop for a while.
Man out of Time: Sometimes Nate has problems dealing with being in the past that could shape his future.
Obsession: Preventing the future mutant holocaust.
Relationships: He has a father/daughter relationship with Hope Summers, he is getting closer to his father, Scott Summers and he is close to his original New Mutants/X-Force charges, especially Cannonball. Oh, and Deadpool…most of the time…

Abilities 60 + Skills 22 (44 ranks) + Advantages 11 + Powers 40 + Defenses 17 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: Cable as a PC. I feel pretty good about this first take.
Thorpocalypse

Cable: Earth-J217

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Later
Thorpocalypse

Cable: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Just in case
Thorpocalypse