J-Mart: Sentinels, Mystique

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Thorpocalypse

Mr. Fantastic: Earth-J217

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Later
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

Mr. Fantastic: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Later
Thorpocalypse

Joker: Earth-PC1/PC2

Post by Thorpocalypse »

I did it! I finally killed Batman! In front of a bunch of vulnerable, disabled kids!!! Now get me Santa Claus! - The Joker

THE JOKER
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 5; DPL: 10; FWPL: 8; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Athletics (+2), Close Combat [Short Blades] 3 (+13), Deception 10 (+15) [Taunt], Expertise [Chemistry] 5 (+10), Expertise [Criminal] 2 (+7), Insight (+2), Intimidation 10 (+15) [Startle], Perception (+2), Persuasion (+5), Sleight of Hand 2 (+7), Stealth 4 (+8), Technology 3 (+8), Vehicles 1 (+6)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (1) (Cipher), Defensive Roll (3), Equipment (7), Favored Foe (Bat Family), Fearless, Luck (1), Ranged Attack (7), Startle, Taunt

POWERS:
Better Living Through Chemistry: Immunity 1 (Poisons/Toxins); 1 pt
Shattered Mind: Immunity 5 (Mind Control); 5 pts
Lucky Escape: Immortality 5 (1/day, Flaw: Limited [to Circumstances of Plausible Survival]); 5 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(35 pts)
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous; 2 pts
Bag of Tricks: (18 pts)
Joker Venom: Affliction 10 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Reach 2 [10 ft]), Feature 1 (Victim face contorted into wide grin); 13 pts
BANG! Pistol: Ranged Ballistic Damage 4, Subtle; 1 pt
Squirting Acid: Acid Damage 5 (Extra: Secondary Effect, Reach 2 [10 ft]); 1 pt
Joy Buzzer: Electrical Damage 8, Subtle; 1 pt
Marbles: Cone Area Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Prone, Flaw: Instant Recovery, Limited to Two Degrees, Limited [targets must be on ground]); 1 pt
Razor Sharp Playing Cards: Ranged Multiattack Piercing Damage 2; 1 pt
Headquarters: (13 pts)
Abandoned Amusement Park: Size - H, Tough - 8, Features - Deathtraps 3, Defense System, Garage, Holding Cells, Laboratory, Living Space, Security System, Workshop; 13 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +4
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +2; Acid Damage +5; Joy Buzzer +8; Joker Venom Affliction +10]
Short Blades +13 [Knives +3, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +12 [Razor Sharp Playing Cards +2, Multiattack; Heavy Pistol +4]
Special Attack [Marbles Affliction +10, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +7 (+4 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +9

COMPLICATIONS:
Insanity: The Joker is completely insane, and therefore prone to irrational and unpredictable behavior. He thrives on chaos, and creates it.
Obsession: The Joker's one goal above all others is to mess with and eventually kill Batman. Any other plans, alliances, personal gains, etc. are all secondary
Trademark: The Joker’s ego compels him to taunt, leave clues, and otherwise make it clear he is responsible for his crimes.

Abilities 74 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Advantages 23 + Powers 11 + Defenses 22 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: The Joker as a PC to take on PC Batman.
Thorpocalypse

Joker: Earth-J217

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Later
Thorpocalypse

Joker: Earth-FG1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

For sure
Thorpocalypse

Joker: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Maybe
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Human Torch: Earth-PC1/PC2

Post by Ares »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:17 pm
If you’re hearing this, I’m sorry, pal. Sorry that I’m gone. ‘Cause... well... I know how you feel when it comes to losing family. And that’s what you are to me. Family. So... if you’re thinking of this as my last will and all... I’m not leaving you my sports cars or stuff like that... I’m leaving you the best thing I ever had... My spot on this team. A place in this family. The best sister, two brothers, niece, and nephew a guy could ask for. They— We all love you, Pete. So? You up for it, bro? We’re all here for you. - The Human Torch
Love this quote. Stories like that, the Christopher Gage Spider-Man/Fantastic Four series, countless other examples are why I consider Peter the unofficial 5th member of the Fantastic Four, even before someone like She-Hulk who spent time on the team. Much as I love Jen and much as she enjoyed hanging out with the team, it really seemed more like she was there as a job at first, and then evolved into a friend, whereas Peter felt like he became a genuine part of the family.

I mean, I love this scene with Peter and Franklin.

Stuff like this is why Spider-Man's my favorite Marvel hero.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ken

Re: Human Torch: Earth-PC1/PC2

Post by Ken »

Ares wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:23 pm

Stuff like this is why Spider-Man's my favorite Marvel hero.
I have a weird relationship with Spider-Man. I really, really, really want to like him. But 90% of the Spider-Man stories I read are about sick family members who might die, problem between Peter and the women he loves, and his job woes. I don't like reading about that stuff. I want escapism, not a reflection of my own reality. And schadenfreude doesn't work on me.

But he's got some great villains. And when he gets scenes like this, he is totally awesome. Thanks for sharing this bit.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Thorpocalypse

Havok: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We wear these things so people don't know who we are. But I want you to know exactly who I am. My name is Alex Summers. I am a student of Professor Charles Xavier. This team is an embodiment of his simple dream of all people working together. A fight more important now than ever. Recently the world saw my brother Scott infused with the power of a God. And while he tried to make a lasting change to fix what he saw as broken, no man should ever unilaterally take action or choose for so many. It is hubris. I never quite saw things as my brother did, and later our views diverged even further. I don't see myself as being born into a mutant cult or religion. Having an X-Gene doesn't bond me to anyone. It doesn't define me. In fact, I see the very word "mutant" as divisive. Old thinking that serves to further separate us from our fellow man. We are all humans. Of one tribe. We are defined by our choices, not the makeup of our genes. So please, don't call us mutants. The "M" word represents everything I hate... How about [calling me] Alex? - Havok

HAVOK
PL11

OPL: 11; SPL: -; DPL: 9; FWPL: 7; HP: 1
Height: 6-0
Weight: 175
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blonde
Skin: Fair
Race: Mutant
Identity: Public
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: Westchester, NY, USA
Team Affiliations: X-Men; JLAXI

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+7), Athletics 5 (+7), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+8), Deception (+2), Expertise [Physical Sciences] 8 (+9), Expertise [Tactics] 8 (+9), Insight 5 (+7), Intimidation 3 (+5), Investigation 3 (+4), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Plasma Control] 4 (+7), Stealth (+3), Vehicles 7 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack (1) (Plasma Blast), Defensive Roll (4), Equipment (1), Extraordinary Effort, Improved Initiative (1), Leadership, Power Attack (1) (Plasma Blast)

POWERS:
Energy Absorption: Immunity 22 (Own powers, Cyclops' Powers, Heat Effects, Radiation Effects); 22 pts
Plasma Control: 30 pt Array; 33 pts
Plasma Blast: Ranged Plasma Energy Damage 15; 30 pts
Plasma Burst: Burst Area Plasma Energy Damage 11 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Penetrating 6); 1 pt
Plasma Flash: Burst Area Cumulative Affliction 11 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Vision Impaired, 2nd: Vision Disabled, 3rd: Vision Unaware, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft], Flaw: Limited to One Sense [Visual]); 1 pt
Plasma Propulsion: Flight 6 (120 mph/1800 fpr; Flaw: Distracting); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Containment Suit: Feature 1 (Helps control his cosmic radiation absorption and release); 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +8 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +3
Plasma Control +7 [Plasma Blast +15]
Special Attack [Plasma Burst +11, Burst Area; Plasma Flash Affliction +11, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +11 [DC21] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +7 (+3 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Accident: Havok has often had trouble controlling his powers without his containment suit.
Enemy: His brother Gabriel Summers, known as Vulcan.
Power Loss: Havok's powers are dependent upon absorbing ambient cosmic radiation. Prolonged periods in the dark, or extensive use of his powers, can leave him drained or without a way to recharge.
Prejudice: Mutant.
Relationships: He's been in a long-term on-and-off relationship with Polaris.
Responsibility: Xavier's Dream.
Rivalry: With his brother, Scott Summers, Cyclops.

Abilities 44 + Skills 26 (52 ranks) + Advantages 10 + Powers 55 + Defenses 20 = 155 / 155

Build Comments: Havok has always been a fave of mine, probably because of his “so bad it’s good” costume.

Secret Origins: Alexander Summers is the son of Major Christopher Summers, a test pilot for the U.S. Air Force, and his wife Katherine Ann Summers. His older brother is Scott Summers. Both are mutants.

When Scott and Alex were boys flying home from a family vacation in their father's vintage private plane, a scout ship from the alien Shi'ar Empire suddenly materialized and set the plane ablaze. Katherine pushed Scott and Alex out the plane door with the only available parachute. The parachute caught fire, so Scott used his mutant optic blasts for the first time to slow their descent. Scott and Alex were unaware that their parents had been teleported from the plane by the Shi'ar a moment before it exploded.

Scott suffered a head injury on landing that damaged the part of Scott's brain that would have enabled him to control his optic blasts. The two boys were hospitalized and both suffered traumatic amnesia regarding the incident.

They left the hospital after two weeks and were placed in the State Home for Foundlings, an orphanage in Omaha, Nebraska and were subjected to a battery of tests and experiments by the orphanage's owner, Mr. Milbury, an alias for the evil geneticist and their future enemy Mr. Sinister. Sinister believed that Scott was the Summers brother with the most potential, so he had Alex adopted to separate them and render Scott emotionally vulnerable.

The Story so Far: Alex had little or no contact with Scott until years later. Alex was raised by Andrew and Joanna Blanding, whose son Todd had been killed in a car accident. Alex was pressured to act as a replacement Todd, which he tried to do as best as he could.

When Todd's killer Vincent kidnapped Alex and his foster sister, Haley Blanding, Alex manifested his mutant powers for the first time, incinerating Vincent. Mister Sinister appeared, quite surprised to find that Alex’s potential possibly exceeded Scott's. Unfortunately, Alex lacked any control over his powers. Sinister placed psi-blocks on both Alex and Haley, causing them to forget everything that happened that night.

The immortal mutant Apocalypse encountered the non-mutant variant Ahmet Abdol and deemed him to be a broken, beaten man of great potential but without direction. Apocalypse acquired a sample of Alex Summers' DNA, insuring that its coding had been modified for his purposes, and had Sinister graft it to Abdol. The experiment was only partially successful and resulted in an unexpected and quite unusual symbiotic relationship wherein Abdol's power was split between them and not shared. Deciding to use his powers for his own personal gain, Abdol created a cult around himself as messiah, the Cult of the Living Pharaoh, became a super-villain and set about his plan to rule the world.

Alex grew into an adult unaware of his brother's developing mutant power or his identity as Cyclops, leader of the X-Men, until after Alex graduated from Old Landon College's geophysical studies. Ahmet Abdol, then a professor of archaeology, discovered a psychic link between himself and Alex. While both of them possessed the latent mutant power to absorb and transform cosmic radiation, Abdol's ability to exercise the power was jammed in an unknown manner by Alex' body. Abdol captured Alex and took him to his laboratory in Egypt.

Abdol found a way to screen Summers' body from ambient cosmic radiation, permitting his own body to attain its latent potential. Abdol was transformed into the Living Monolith, a gigantic mutant with vast cosmic power. The Monolith was defeated while in combat with the X-Men when Alex's latent mutant powers surfaced under the stress of entombment within the mechanism designed to screen him from cosmic radiation.

Incapable of controlling the shock waves his body emanated, Summers chose to remain in the Egyptian desert, rather than accompany the X-Men back to America. Summers was soon captured by one of the mutant-hunting robotic Sentinels and brought to the headquarters of Larry Trask, the son of the Sentinels' inventor, Dr. Bolivar Trask. Trask gave Summers the codename Havok and a costume, whose chest display monitored the build-up of cosmic energy within him. When the X-Men finally freed Trask's captive mutants, Havok was severely injured.

The X-Men took Havok to Dr. Karl Lykos for treatment. Lykos tried to drain Havok's lifeforce to feed his own vampiric urges. Havok's mutant energy triggered his transformation into Sauron, a pterodactyl energy vampire. The X-Men battled with Sauron and stopped him from further leeching off Havok.

Alex accompanied his brother and his teammates back to the Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, where he began training to help him keep his energy in check. Havok gained enough mastery over his power that he could release it only when he wished to do so, as opposed to when he was near death, and could wield his power skillfully enough to become a formidable opponent in battle.

Havok has many adventures with the X-Men and X-Factor over the years and learned that his long lost father had become a space pirate called Corsair. He also began a long off and on relationship with Lorna Dane, the mutant magnetic controller known as Polaris.

Years later, Alex's long lost brother Vulcan returned from his space exile to reclaim his title as an X-Man, killing Banshee in the process. After it was revealed Xavier had deceived the X-Men by keeping Vulcan's existence a secret, the X-Men attacked him as they deemed him too dangerous to be left alone. Vulcan easily repelled their attack and fled the planet, renouncing Cyclops as his brother, and headed for space, bent on revenge on the Shi'ar empire for killing his mother.

Havok was recruited by Professor X, along with Marvel Girl, Nightcrawler, Warpath, Darwin and Polaris to participate in a space mission to stop Vulcan from unleashing his powers on the Shi'ar empire. Alex witnessed Vulcan murder their father. Alex, Lorna, and Rachel Summers stayed in space, joining the Starjammers to lead the resistance against Vulcan and his wife, Deathbird, who had conquered the Shi'ar Empire. The civil war between Vulcan's forces and those loyal to the dethroned Lilandra raged on, led by Alex and the Starjammers. After many a pitched battle, Lilandra’s death and their capture and escape from Vulcan’s forces, they were able to turn the tide before the Vulcan’s reign ended during the War of Kings.

After returning to Earth Havok joined X-Factor Investigations after the X-Men underwent their Schism on behalf of Wolverine. After Jamie Madrox's apparent death, Wolverine suggested that Havok and Polaris take over leadership of X-Factor Investigations. After Jamie's return from death, he and Alex agreed to share leadership with Alex taking the lead on missions from Valerie Cooper and Wolverine and Jamie taking the lead on the rest.

Havok joined the conflict between the Avengers and the X-Men on the side of his fellow mutants. After the last two Phoenixes, Cyclops and Emma Frost, began to lose control, Havok and many other X-Men joined the Avengers in attempting to defeat them. Cyclops later defeated Emma in order to absorb the whole Phoenix Force and become the Dark Phoenix, but was finally defeated and incarcerated.

At the end of the war, Captain America realized that the Avengers had stood by and allowed the world to hate mutants and that they should have done more to help them. As a result, he formed a new team of Avengers in hopes of unifying mutant and humankind. He chose Havok to lead his team and become the new face to represent mutants as Professor X and Cyclops once were.

Characterization: Alex has become a strong leader and hero over the years after initially being plagued with angst and self-doubt.

Friends and Foes: Although they have had many differences over the years, he remains close to his brother Scott. His long time love has been Lorna Dane but they are currently not involved.
Thorpocalypse

Havok: Earth-PC1/PC2

Post by Thorpocalypse »

I knew I wasn't going to die. I kept waiting for my life to flash before my eyes... and all I got were reruns of "Mr. Belvedere". - Havok

HAVOK
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: -; DPL: 9; FWPL: 7; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+7), Athletics 5 (+7), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+8), Deception (+2), Expertise [Physical Sciences] 8 (+9), Expertise [Tactics] 8 (+9), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation 3 (+5), Investigation 3 (+4), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Plasma Control] 4 (+7), Stealth (+3), Vehicles 7 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll (4), Equipment (1), Extraordinary Effort, Improved Initiative (1), Leadership, Power Attack

POWERS:
Energy Absorption: Immunity 22 (Own powers, Cyclops' Powers, Heat Effects, Radiation Effects); 22 pts
Plasma Control: 26 pt Array; 29 pts
Plasma Blast: Ranged Plasma Energy Damage 13; 26 pts
Plasma Burst: Burst Area Plasma Energy Damage 10 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius]); 1 pt
Plasma Flash: Burst Area Cumulative Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Vision Impaired, 2nd: Vision Disabled, 3rd: Vision Unaware, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft], Flaw: Limited to One Sense [Visual]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Containment Suit: Feature 1 (Helps control his cosmic radiation absorption and release); 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +8 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +3
Plasma Control +7 [Plasma Blast +13]
Special Attack [Plasma Burst +10 Burst Area; Plasma Flash Affliction +10, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:

COMPLICATIONS:
Accident: Havok has often had trouble controlling his powers without his containment suit.
Power Loss: Havok's powers are dependent upon absorbing ambient cosmic radiation. Prolonged periods in the dark, or extensive use of his powers, can leave him drained or without a way to recharge.

Abilities 44 + Skills 25 (50 ranks) + Advantages 10 + Powers 51 + Defenses 20 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: Alex as a PC. Easy conversion.
Thorpocalypse

Havok: Earth-J217

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Later
Thorpocalypse

Havok: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Maybe
Thorpocalypse

Polaris: Earth-ET1/PC1/PC2

Post by Thorpocalypse »

I am a big gun. Or have you forgotten? - Polaris

POLARIS
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: -; DPL: 10; FWPL: 6; HP: 1
Height: 5-7
Weight: 115
Eyes: Green
Hair: Green
Identity: Secret
Base of Operations: Krakoa
Team Affiliations: X-Men

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Deception 4 (+5/+7) [Attractive], Expertise [Earth Sciences] 7 (+9), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation (+1), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+1/+3) [Attractive], Ranged Combat [Magnetic Control] 5 (+8), Stealth (+3)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Equipment (1), Teamwork

POWERS:
Minor Ferrokinesis: Feature 1 (You can generate a strong enough magnetic field to move small (mass rank –5 or less) ferrous objects within about an arm’s reach); 1 pt
Minor Magnetism: Feature 1 (You can magnetize a small [hand-sized] ferrous object of mass rank –5 or less by holding it and taking a standard action to do so. The object remains magnetized until degaussed); 1 pt
Magnetic Manipulation: Feature 1 (You can use magnetic fields to turn or operate small metal fasteners [screws, bolts, nails, etc.] within arm’s reach as if you had the proper tools); 1 pt
True North: Feature 1 (You have an “internal compass” — always able to sense magnetic north on a planet with magnetic poles, equivalent to the Direction Sense effect and know if an object is magnetized by touching it.); 1 pt
Magnetic Flight: Flight 6 (120 mph/1800 fpr, Extra: Subtle); 13 pts
Magnetic Sense: Senses 3 (Detect Magnetic Fields [Mental, Extended, Radius); 3 pts
Magnetic Force Field: Protection 10 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious Toughness 9 (Flaw: Sustained); 19 pts
Magnetic Control: 32 pt Dynamic Array; 44 pts
Magnetic Seizure: Perception Ranged Affliction 10 (Resisted and Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Dynamic, Subtle); 32 pts
Magnetic Blast: Magnetic Force Ranged Damage 12 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Degauss Burst: Burst Area Nullify Magnetism 10 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft], Dynamic, Simultaneous); 2 pts
Ferrokinesis: Perception Ranged Move Object 10 (Extra: Dynamic, Flaw: Limited to Ferrous Metals); 2 pts
Magnetic Interference: Burst Area Ranged Concealment 2 (All magnetic and radio; Extra: Attack, Dynamic); 2 pts
Shape Metal: Transform 9 (Ferrous metal from one shape to another, Extra: Duration [Continuous], Dynamic); 2 pts
Magnetic Binding: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobile, Extra: Accurate, Dynamic, Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to two degrees); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +5 [Unarmed +1]
Ranged Attack +3
Magnetic Control +8 [Magnetic Blast +12]
Magnetic Binding +10 [Magnetic Binding Affliction +10]
Special Attack [Magnetic Seizure +10, Perception; Ferrokinesis Move Object +10, Area Burst]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +2 (+12 with Force Field, +5 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +6, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Daddy Issues: Being Magneto's daughter, saying she has conflicting feelings for him would be an understatement.
Relationships: She has been in a long-term on-and-off relationship with Alex Summers (Havok).

Abilities 38 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Advantages 3 + Powers 83 + Defenses 15 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: Polaris is an OK X-character. Long time lover of Havok and having the usual "child of Magneto" flip-flop between good and evil, she's had her moments, but for the most part, she's been a bit player in the X-Verse. But between her and Abigail Brand, I don’t know which green haired lady I like best. Oh, and I almost forgot about Vertigo, who is kinda intriguing as well. I didn’t realize I had a thing for green haired girls until now. Huh…

She’s basically Magneto lite and I had fun using stuff from the Magnetic Power Power Profile.

Secret Origins: Lorna Dane met the original team of X-Men while still a student. When the villain Mesmero used his "psyche-generator" to summon mutants in North America with latent powers, Lorna found herself compelled to travel to San Francisco, where Mesmero was. There she encountered the X-Man Iceman, who broke her trance by causing her to slip on a patch of ice and then convinced her to come to his apartment. At the apartment, Lorna met the rest of the X-Men who soon learned that she had latent mutant powers. Mesmero and his android Demi-Men captured her and took her to their desert headquarters, with the X-Men in pursuit.

When the X-Men attempted to rescue her, Magneto revealed himself as the leader of the group behind her abduction—and, more importantly, claimed to be Lorna's father. Despite the X-Men's assertions that Magneto is evil, Lorna could not bring herself to fight her own father. Iceman returned from meeting with her foster parents who told him that her birth parents had died in a plane crash years earlier. This information caused Lorna to turn against Magneto but it was later revealed that she had caused the accident and Magneto had her memories of it erased with the help of Mastermind. For a while, Iceman was attracted to her, but Lorna did not truly reciprocate the feelings. She did however, fall in love with her teammate Havok.

Unbeknownst to Lorna, the Magneto who claimed to be her father is revealed to be an android. Shortly after, Lorna was captured by Sentinels, but was rescued by the X-Men. Lorna joined the X-Men and began living at Xavier's mansion.

The Story so Far: Lorna Dane's first "code name" was Magnetrix, but she quickly decided that she did not like this name. However, that did not keep Havok from continuing to use that name as a way to annoy and flirt with her. The two left the X-Men to pursue their mutual interest in geophysics. They moved to the Diablo mountain range in California.

When the old and new X-Men fought the mutant island Krakoa, Lorna displayed the full potential of her powers for the first time by disrupting the Earth's magnetic field, which sent Krakoa into deep space. They then joined Moira MacTaggert at her facility for genetic research on Muir Island.

Polaris and Havok remained inactive as members of the X-Men, though they did return from time to time to assist the team. With the X-Men, they battled Proteus on Muir Island. For the most part, Lorna and Alex remained in civilian life for a number of years, settling in New Mexico and completing their college degrees. They were forced to reluctantly help the X-Men in Arcade's Murderworld. Their new life was interrupted when the Marauders ambushed them around the time of the Mutant Massacre. Polaris’ mind was overtaken by the psionic being known as Malice.

Under Malice’s control, Lorna attacked the X-Men as leader of the Marauders. Shortly thereafter, the Malice entity found that it had become permanently bonded to Lorna’s body. She led the Marauders against the X-Men during Inferno. After Mister Sinister was seemingly killed, Malice's hold over Lorna weakened. Temporarily regaining control of her own mind, Lorna was able to place a phone call to the X-Men in Australia for help just before Lorna had been taken to be with her alleged half-sister Zaladane, a priestess for the Savage Land's Sun People. In the Savage Land, the X-Men found that Zaladane had amassed an army of Savage Land natives who were being mentally controlled for her by Worm, one of the Savage Land Mutates. Zaladane revealed that she is in fact Lorna's sister and, using the High Evolutionary's machinery, stripped Lorna of her magnetic powers, taking them as her own. In addition, the process managed to finally separate Lorna from Malice. Polaris’ magnetic powers eventually returned due to a combination of Zaladane's death a short time before and the neural-disruptive psionic blade of the X-Man Psylocke.

Polaris was then asked to join the newly formed X-Factor by Valerie Cooper, and, tired of hiding out on Muir Island, she accepted. Havok and Polaris were set as its leaders. Although joining X-Factor offered Polaris the chance to reunite with Havok, their relationship remained largely unresolved. Polaris was able to come to terms with her experiences with mind control thanks to psychiatrist Dr. Leonard Samson, helping her to develop her confidence. Polaris developed a strong belief in Xavier's dream while a member of X-Factor.

After several adventures with X-Factor, Polaris rejoined the X-Men, although she had been traumatized experience of Cassandra Nova’s Sentinel attack on Genosha. It left her with a darker, more ruthless personality, even killing some members of the anti-mutant Church of Humanity. Havok broke up with Polaris after they were about to be married, leaving her at the altar for nurse Annie Ghazikhanian. Traumatized and humiliated, the unstable Polaris went berserk and commenced to go on a rampage that nearly resulted in her killing Havok. Juggernaut succeeded in knocking her out. She remained this way until some psychic therapy with Professor Xavier. Polaris promised to do no more harm and she was accepted back to the X-Men.

After losing her powers during M-Day and having them restored by Apocalypse while she was turned into his Horseman of Pestilence, she was rescued from an anti-Apocalypse cult by the new X-Men team. Polaris agreed to join Professor X, Darwin, Havok, Marvel Girl, Nightcrawler, and Warpath on their mission to stop Vulcan and was part of their war against Vulcan and the Sh’iar empire as a member of the Starjammers. During this time, she and Havok reconciled their relationship.

Polaris along with Havok are seen joining Wolverine's side after Wolverine suggests that they go out on their own away from their family and join X-Factor. After working with the team for a while, Polaris and Havok break up, due to Havok agreeing to lead the Uncanny Avengers and Polaris wanting to remain with X-Factor.

Characterization: Lorna possesses expertise in geophysics, and has earned a Masters degree in that field.

Friends and Foes: She has had a long, off and on relationship with Havok and has been working to forge relationships with her half-siblings, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. Her relationship with her father Magneto remains strained.
Thorpocalypse

Polaris: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Later
M4C8

Re: Havok: Earth-T1

Post by M4C8 »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:08 am Image
We wear these things so people don't know who we are. But I want you to know exactly who I am. My name is Alex Summers. I am a student of Professor Charles Xavier. This team is an embodiment of his simple dream of all people working together. A fight more important now than ever. Recently the world saw my brother Scott infused with the power of a God. And while he tried to make a lasting change to fix what he saw as broken, no man should ever unilaterally take action or choose for so many. It is hubris. I never quite saw things as my brother did, and later our views diverged even further. I don't see myself as being born into a mutant cult or religion. Having an X-Gene doesn't bond me to anyone. It doesn't define me. In fact, I see the very word "mutant" as divisive. Old thinking that serves to further separate us from our fellow man. We are all humans. Of one tribe. We are defined by our choices, not the makeup of our genes. So please, don't call us mutants. The "M" word represents everything I hate... How about [calling me] Alex? - Havok

HAVOK
PL11

OPL: 11; SPL: -; DPL: 9; FWPL: 7; HP: 1
Height: 6-0
Weight: 175
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blonde
Identity: Public
Base of Operations: Westchester, NY, USA
Team Affiliations: X-Men; JLAXI

SKILLS: Acrobatics 4 (+7), Athletics 5 (+7), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+8), Deception (+2), Expertise [Physical Sciences] 8 (+9), Expertise [Tactics] 8 (+9), Insight 5 (+7), Intimidation 3 (+5), Investigation 3 (+4), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Plasma Control] 4 (+7), Stealth (+3), Vehicles 7 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack (1) (Plasma Blast), Defensive Roll (4), Equipment (1), Extraordinary Effort, Improved Initiative (1), Leadership, Power Attack (1) (Plasma Blast)

POWERS:
Plasma Control: 30 pt Array; 33 pts
Plasma Blast: Ranged Plasma Energy Damage 15; 30 pts
Plasma Burst: Burst Area Plasma Energy Damage 11 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Penetrating 6); 1 pt
Plasma Flash: Burst Area Cumulative Affliction 11 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Vision Impaired, 2nd: Vision Disabled, 3rd: Vision Unaware, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft], Flaw: Limited to One Sense [Visual]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +8 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +3
Plasma Control +7 [Plasma Blast +15]
Special Attack [Plasma Burst +11, Burst Area; Plasma Flash Affliction +11, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:

COMPLICATIONS:

Abilities 44 + Skills 26 (52 ranks) + Advantages 10 + Powers 55 + Defenses 20 = 155 / 155

Build Comments: Havok has always been a fave of mine, probably because of his “so bad it’s good” costume.

Secret Origins: Alexander Summers is the son of Major Christopher Summers, a test pilot for the U.S. Air Force, and his wife Katherine Ann Summers. His older brother is Scott Summers. Both are mutants.

When Scott and Alex were boys flying home from a family vacation in their father's vintage private plane, a scout ship from the alien Shi'ar Empire suddenly materialized and set the plane ablaze. Katherine pushed Scott and Alex out the plane door with the only available parachute. The parachute caught fire, so Scott used his mutant optic blasts for the first time to slow their descent. Scott and Alex were unaware that their parents had been teleported from the plane by the Shi'ar a moment before it exploded.

Scott suffered a head injury on landing that damaged the part of Scott's brain that would have enabled him to control his optic blasts. The two boys were hospitalized and both suffered traumatic amnesia regarding the incident.

They left the hospital after two weeks and were placed in the State Home for Foundlings, an orphanage in Omaha, Nebraska and were subjected to a battery of tests and experiments by the orphanage's owner, Mr. Milbury, an alias for the evil geneticist and their future enemy Mr. Sinister. Sinister believed that Scott was the Summers brother with the most potential, so he had Alex adopted to separate them and render Scott emotionally vulnerable.

The Story so Far: Alex had little or no contact with Scott until years later. Alex was raised by Andrew and Joanna Blanding, whose son Todd had been killed in a car accident. Alex was pressured to act as a replacement Todd, which he tried to do as best as he could.

When Todd's killer Vincent kidnapped Alex and his foster sister, Haley Blanding, Alex manifested his mutant powers for the first time, incinerating Vincent. Mister Sinister appeared, quite surprised to find that Alex’s potential possibly exceeded Scott's. Unfortunately, Alex lacked any control over his powers. Sinister placed psi-blocks on both Alex and Haley, causing them to forget everything that happened that night.

The immortal mutant Apocalypse encountered the non-mutant variant Ahmet Abdol and deemed him to be a broken, beaten man of great potential but without direction. Apocalypse acquired a sample of Alex Summers' DNA, insuring that its coding had been modified for his purposes, and had Sinister graft it to Abdol. The experiment was only partially successful and resulted in an unexpected and quite unusual symbiotic relationship wherein Abdol's power was split between them and not shared. Deciding to use his powers for his own personal gain, Abdol created a cult around himself as messiah, the Cult of the Living Pharaoh, became a super-villain and set about his plan to rule the world.

Alex grew into an adult unaware of his brother's developing mutant power or his identity as Cyclops, leader of the X-Men, until after Alex graduated from Old Landon College's geophysical studies. Ahmet Abdol, then a professor of archaeology, discovered a psychic link between himself and Alex. While both of them possessed the latent mutant power to absorb and transform cosmic radiation, Abdol's ability to exercise the power was jammed in an unknown manner by Alex' body. Abdol captured Alex and took him to his laboratory in Egypt.

Abdol found a way to screen Summers' body from ambient cosmic radiation, permitting his own body to attain its latent potential. Abdol was transformed into the Living Monolith, a gigantic mutant with vast cosmic power. The Monolith was defeated while in combat with the X-Men when Alex's latent mutant powers surfaced under the stress of entombment within the mechanism designed to screen him from cosmic radiation.

Incapable of controlling the shock waves his body emanated, Summers chose to remain in the Egyptian desert, rather than accompany the X-Men back to America. Summers was soon captured by one of the mutant-hunting robotic Sentinels and brought to the headquarters of Larry Trask, the son of the Sentinels' inventor, Dr. Bolivar Trask. Trask gave Summers the codename Havok and a costume, whose chest display monitored the build-up of cosmic energy within him. When the X-Men finally freed Trask's captive mutants, Havok was severely injured.

The X-Men took Havok to Dr. Karl Lykos for treatment. Lykos tried to drain Havok's lifeforce to feed his own vampiric urges. Havok's mutant energy triggered his transformation into Sauron, a pterodactyl energy vampire. The X-Men battled with Sauron and stopped him from further leeching off Havok.

Alex accompanied his brother and his teammates back to the Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, where he began training to help him keep his energy in check. Havok gained enough mastery over his power that he could release it only when he wished to do so, as opposed to when he was near death, and could wield his power skillfully enough to become a formidable opponent in battle.

Havok has many adventures with the X-Men and X-Factor over the years and learned that his long lost father had become a space pirate called Corsair. He also began a long off and on relationship with Lorna Dane, the mutant magnetic controller known as Polaris.

Years later, Alex's long lost brother Vulcan returned from his space exile to reclaim his title as an X-Man, killing Banshee in the process. After it was revealed Xavier had deceived the X-Men by keeping Vulcan's existence a secret, the X-Men attacked him as they deemed him too dangerous to be left alone. Vulcan easily repelled their attack and fled the planet, renouncing Cyclops as his brother, and headed for space, bent on revenge on the Shi'ar empire for killing his mother.

Havok was recruited by Professor X, along with Marvel Girl, Nightcrawler, Warpath, Darwin and Polaris to participate in a space mission to stop Vulcan from unleashing his powers on the Shi'ar empire. Alex witnessed Vulcan murder their father. Alex, Lorna, and Rachel Summers stayed in space, joining the Starjammers to lead the resistance against Vulcan and his wife, Deathbird, who had conquered the Shi'ar Empire. The civil war between Vulcan's forces and those loyal to the dethroned Lilandra raged on, led by Alex and the Starjammers. After many a pitched battle, Lilandra’s death and their capture and escape from Vulcan’s forces, they were able to turn the tide before the Vulcan’s reign ended during the War of Kings.

After returning to Earth Havok joined X-Factor Investigations after the X-Men underwent their Schism on behalf of Wolverine. After Jamie Madrox's apparent death, Wolverine suggested that Havok and Polaris take over leadership of X-Factor Investigations. After Jamie's return from death, he and Alex agreed to share leadership with Alex taking the lead on missions from Valerie Cooper and Wolverine and Jamie taking the lead on the rest.

Havok joined the conflict between the Avengers and the X-Men on the side of his fellow mutants. After the last two Phoenixes, Cyclops and Emma Frost, began to lose control, Havok and many other X-Men joined the Avengers in attempting to defeat them. Cyclops later defeated Emma in order to absorb the whole Phoenix Force and become the Dark Phoenix, but was finally defeated and incarcerated.

At the end of the war, Captain America realized that the Avengers had stood by and allowed the world to hate mutants and that they should have done more to help them. As a result, he formed a new team of Avengers in hopes of unifying mutant and humankind. He chose Havok to lead his team and become the new face to represent mutants as Professor X and Cyclops once were.

Characterization: Alex has become a strong leader and hero over the years after initially being plagued with angst and self-doubt.

Friends and Foes: Although they have had many differences over the years, he remains close to his brother Scott. His long time love has been Lorna Dane but they are currently not involved.
Wow, that quote under the pic, it's everything the X-Men used to stand for and the exact opposite of what the X-Men have become.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'