J-Mart: Kung Lao, Ken Masters, Captain Carter, John Preston

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Thorpocalypse

Invincible: Earth-PC2

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Perhaps
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

Invincible: Earth-J217

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Later
Thorpocalypse

Invincible: Earth-???

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Just in case
Thorpocalypse

The Mauler Twins: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We're adding to our Villains' Line with this new item for Aisle 3!

Mauler 1 (or 2): Excellent work. For a clone.
Mauler 2 (or 1): I'm not the clone, YOU are.

THE MAULER TWINS
PL10

OPL: 9; SPL: 10; DPL: 10; FWPL: 9; HP: 1
Height: 7-6
Weight: 525
Eyes: Black
Hair: None
Skin: Blue
Race: Human Mutate (Clone?)
Identity: Secret
Alignment: Villain
Base of Operations: Mobile
Team Affiliations: None

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 9, STAMINA 9, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 9, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+12), Deception 6 (+7), Expertise [Science] 11 (+20), Insight (+2), Intimidation 6 (+7/+9) [Intimidation], Perception (+2), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat [Gun] 6 (+8), Stealth (+2/+0), Technology 11 (+20) [Inventor], Treatment 4 (+13)

ADVANTAGES: Close Combat (1), Eidetic Memory, Equipment (6), Inventor, Speed of Thought*, Teamwork

POWERS:
Mauler Size: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 5 pts
Mauler Physiology: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 5, Immunity 3 (Environment Heat, Environmental Cold, Pressure); 10 pts
Mauler Mind: Quickness 2 (Flaw: Mental only); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(30 pts)
Flash Goggles: Feature 1 (+5 Visual Dazzle Resistance); 1 pt
Blaster Gun: Ranged Multiattack Energy Damage 8; 24 pts
5 pts for Tools, Science EQ

OFFENSE:
Initiative +5
Close Attack +9 [Unarmed +9]
Ranged Attack +2
Guns +8 [Blaster Gun +8, Multiattack]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +7 [DC17] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +11 (+3 Impervious), Fortitude +10, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Motivation: Varies from time to time, but they are always driven to work on some super science project.
Power Loss: If one of the Maulers dies, the other remaining Mauler's Int drops to 6 and he loses his Mauler Mind power until another clone is created.
Rivalry: With each other. One of them is the original and the other a clone and neither of them knows, or is willing to admit that the other is the clone.

Abilities 76 + Skills 22 (44 ranks) + Advantages 11 + Powers 16 + Defenses 13 = 138 / 138

Build Comments: The Mauler Twins are mainly a couple of Invincible's jobbers but overall, some of Robert Kirkman’s better creations for the series. They are a combination of the powerhouse and mad scientist archetypes but the best twist is that they are not actually twins, one of them is a clone. And he's so complete, that he believes he is the original, so they constantly fight and try to convince the other that they are the clone. And over the course of the Invincible series, one of them, if not both, have been killed off and brought back enough that there IS no original anymore. But that doesn’t keep them from arguing about it. Funny stuff.

Secret Origins: The original (whichever one that was) was a brilliant scientist that created a cloning machine and tried it out on himself. This produced his clone that thought he himself was the original. A lot of their actions seem to be based off of their desire to conduct experiments and gain political power. They do however seem to be respectful creatures with a genuine love for science.

Invincible's first encounter with the twins involved them stealing video game systems to harvest their parts for an army of Robots they where building. He and the Teen Titans haulted their actions.

The Story so Far: The Maulers were killed by Kid Omni-Man at one point and it was believed their threat was finally ended, but apparently another clone existed and he cloned another so the Maulers live again to vex the heroes of the Thorpacoverse.

Characterization: Two Maulers never agree who came first, as the clones are born with complete memories of the original, that's why they differentiate themselves with piercings or other accoutrements, but that does nothing to stop "who came first" debate. Other than debating about their origins, they are constantly thorn in the side of the world`s hero population.

Friends and Foes: While they have worked with several villains over the years, their only real relationship is with each other. However, they have recently been working with A.I.M. although it is unclear whether they part of the new High Council, or simply contractors. They both have a hatred for Invincible and any of his allies.
Batgirl III

Re: J-Mart: Falcon, Winter Soldier, Invincible, The Mauler Twins

Post by Batgirl III »

There are a lot of Jobbers in comics, but very few great ones... and the Mauler Twins might be the only truly great jobbers created since the early 1970's.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
MacynSnow

Re: J-Mart: Falcon, Winter Soldier, Invincible, The Mauler Twins

Post by MacynSnow »

I could honestly see them hanging out at "The Bar With No Name"(aka: Jobber Central Casting :) ) at a table with a bunch of other "Villian Nerds"...
Wordmaker

Re: Harry Dresden: Earth-T1

Post by Wordmaker »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:13 am
Build Comments: As well noted over the years, I LOVE The Dresden Files book series. They, and Wordmaker’s books (how’s that for a plug, Word?) are the only real books I've read in years. I still haven’t read the latest book, but I will...
Thanks for the plug, and the kind compliment :D
Thorpocalypse

Re: Harry Dresden: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Wordmaker wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:21 pm
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:13 am
Build Comments: As well noted over the years, I LOVE The Dresden Files book series. They, and Wordmaker’s books (how’s that for a plug, Word?) are the only real books I've read in years. I still haven’t read the latest book, but I will...
Thanks for the plug, and the kind compliment :D
All true, good sir. 8-)
Thorpocalypse

Reanimen: Multiversal

Post by Thorpocalypse »

More items from our Invincible-verse line are hitting the shelves!

REANIMEN
PL8

OPL: 8; SPL: - ; DPL: 8; FWPL: -; HP: 0

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 10, STAMINA --, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT -4, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE -3

SKILLS: Athletics (+10), Deception (-3), Insight (+0), Intimidation (-3), Perception (+0), Persuasion (-3), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: Fearless, Improved Grab, Interpose

POWERS:
Walking Dead: Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects); 30 pts
Reanimen Enhancements: Enhanced Strength 10, Leaping 3 (60 ft), Protection 10, Impervious Toughness 7, Feature 2 (Increased Mass 2), Senses 1 (Communication Link [Radio; D.A. Sinclair/Controller]); 42 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +6 [Unarmed +10]
Ranged Attack +0

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 [DC15] Parry +6 [DC16]
Toughness +10 (+4 Impervious), Fortitude Immune, Will +0

COMPLICATIONS:
Obsession: Unlike most undead, Reanimen have a great desire to stay dead so they tend to make great Kamikazes and have no regard for themselves in regards to maneuvers or actions that place them in dangerous situations.
Responsibility: To D.A. Sinclair or whoever is controlling them.

Abilities -8 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Advantages 3 + Powers 72 + Defenses 3 = 70 / 70

Build Comments: These guys, the Reanimen, were Invincible's first “arch-nemeses”. Created by mad scientist D.A. Sinclair, they are pretty much just super powered zombies with a death wish, oddly enough. A pack of these would be a fun thing to throw at some players.
Thorpocalypse

Doc Seismic: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We've got another new item for our Image Aisle!

There will be a time when the superheroes of THIS generation tremble again--that THEY begin to fear the name Doc Seismic! THAT TIME IS NOW! - Doc Seismic

DOC SEISMIC
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 2; DPL: 6; FWPL: 6; HP: 1
Height: 5-10
Weight: 155
Eyes: Orange
Hair: Black
Skin: Fair
Race: Human

ABILITIES: STRENGTH -1, STAMINA 1, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 2, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+2), Deception 4 (+6), Expertise [Criminal] 2 (+6), Expertise [Science] 6 (+10), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation (+2), Perception (+3), Persuasion 6 (+8), Stealth (+1), Technology 8 (+12) [Inventor], Vehicles 3 (+6)

ADVANTAGES: Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (1), Inventor, Seize Initiative

POWERS:
Seismic Gauntlets: 34 pts Traits, Removable (-7 pts); 27 pts
Seismic Burst: Burst Area Vibration Damage 10 (Extra: Burst Area x2 [60 ft radius]); 30 pts
Seismic Shockwave: Burst Area Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed and Vulnerable, 2nd: Stunned and Prone, Extra: Burst Area x2 [60 ft radius], Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to two degrees); 1 pt
Shockwave: Burst Area Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed and Vulnerable, 2nd: Stunned and Prone, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to two degrees, Limited [Doc Seismic must be on the ground, targets must be on the ground]); 10 pts
Destructive Blast: Cone Area Weakness Toughness 10 (Extra: Cone Area x2 [120 ft radius], Flaw: Affects Object only); 1 pt
Burrowing: Burrowing 7 (8 mph/120 fpr); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Lab Coat/Costume: Protection 1, Subtle; 2 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1 (Seize Initiative)
Close Attack +2 [Unarmed -1]
Ranged Attack +3
Special Attack [Seismic Burst +10, Burst Area; Seismic Shockwave Affliction +10, Burst Area; Destructive Blast +10, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +3 (+2 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Hatred: Invincible.
Motivation: Money and power, mostly power.
Power Loss: He has to be able to put his hands together for his gloves to work so restraining his hands will render him powerless.

Abilities 30 + Skills 18 (36 ranks) + Advantages 4 + Powers 27 + Defenses 21 = 100 / 100

Comments: I've been filling up the DC and Marvel Aisles as usual, so I think it's time for some items from other areas. Doc Seismic is an Invincible villain that has gotten some decent exposure over the years. He’s a one note villain, but it’s a pretty decent note. I even gave him a 60 ft burst to make him a bit more dangerous, especially with his Seize Initiative so he can get a quick KO if need be, but he’s still not that big of a threat to a decent hero.

Secret Origins: Doc Seismic, real name unknown, was a genius inventor with a fondness for geology. He invented his seismic gloves originally to help him work in the Earth, but when he was short of funding, he decided to use them to rob a bank. With his success, he decided to become a supervillain on a regular basis. Doc was an early opponent of the first superheroes in the modern age, taking on such luminaries as Omni-Man, Green Arrow and Superman. And losing to them all. Eventually, after another escape from prison, he ran into Invincible, who took him in again.

The Story so Far: Initially he was a one note jobber villain with his Seismic Gauntlets giving Invincible just a little trouble. Then it looked like he fell to his death, but he ended up in the underground world of the Magmanites and became their ruler. He ended up going back to prison again and the Magmanites broke him out, so it's believed think he’s still on the loose.

Characterization: Doc a is your basic scorned genius who wants to prove his superiority over others.

Friends and Foes: He generally works alone, but still has allies in the Magmanites. And he really doesn't like Invincible.
marcoasalazarm

Re: J-Mart: Invincible, The Mauler Twins, Reanimen, Doc Seismic

Post by marcoasalazarm »

Shouldn’t he also have Expertise in Women’s Studies, or is that a cartoon-only detail?
Thorpocalypse

Kursk: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We've got a member of our JOB SQUAD hitting the Image Aisle!

IS raining boy! - Kursk

KURSK
PL9

OPL: 9; SPL: -; DPL: 7; FWPL: 5; HP: 1
Height: 5-11
Weight: 170
Eyes: Yellow
Hair: NONE
Skin: Yellow
Race: Human Mutate
Team Affiliations: The Order

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 3, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+5), Deception 4 (+4), Expertise [Criminal] 5 (+5), Insight (+1), Intimidation 5 (+5), Perception 2 (+3), Ranged Combat [Electrical Control] 5 (+8), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: Defensive Roll (2), Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Russian)

POWERS:
Living Outlet: Features 1 (You can power electrical devices as if you were a battery or standard electrical outlet simply by touching or holding the device or its power cord); 1 pt
Hot Wire: Features 1 (You may be able to jump start or reset an incapacitated construct with an electrical system); 1 pt
Electrical Immunity: Immunity 10 (Electrical Effects); 10 pts
Arclight: Environment 3 (Light; 120 ft radius); 6 pts
Electrosense: Senses 3 (Detect Electricity [Ranged, Acute]); 3 pts
Electrical Control: 20 pt Array; 25 pts
Electrical Blast: Ranged Electrical Damage 10; 20 pts
Ball Lightning: Burst Area Electrical Damage 9 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius]); 1 pt
Lightning Flash: Perception Area Cumulative Affliction 6 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Impaired, 2nd: Disabled, 3rd: Unaware, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Flaw: Limited [to Vision]); 1 pt
Seizure: Ranged Affliction 10 (Resisted and Overcome by Will; 1st: Entranced, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated); 1 pt
Shock Field: Cumulative Reaction Affliction 4 (Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Reaction [to being touched]); 1 pt
Blackout: Burst Area Nullify Electronics 5 (Extra: Broad, Burst Area [30 ft radius], Simultaneous, Flaw: Range [Close]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +4 [Unarmed +2; Shock Field +4, Reaction]
Ranged Attack +3
Electrical Control +8 [Electrical Blast +10; Electrical Seizure Affliction +10]
Special Attack [Lightning Flash Affliction +6, Burst Area; Blackout Nullify +5, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +5 (+3 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Man of Mother Russia: While he can speak English, it's not very good, nor does he like to speak it.
Motivation: Greed and respect.

Abilities 30 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Advantages 3 + Powers 46 + Defenses 16 = 107 / 107

Comments: Kursk is a poor man’s Electro, but a decent mook villain. His best moment to me was him and Furnace storming Stronghold Penitentiary and him speaking these eloquent, triumphant things, but in Russian and Furnace going “What? I can’t understand you!” half the time. Funny stuff.

Secret Origins: Kursk is a Russian supervillain who was given his powers by secret section of the Russian Super Soldier program.

The Story so Far: He a jobber villain from Russia. That's his story.

Characterization: A proud Russian, he prefers to speak only Russian, even though he knows English. He's quite proud of his abilities, even though he has rarely scored a win against any superheroic competition.

Friends and Foes: He has a great enmity towards Invincible and The Outsiders, who have taken him out several times. He remains a loyal henchmen of The Order as well.
Thorpocalypse

Tether Tyrant: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

More members of our JOB SQUAD are hitting the shelves!

Oh crap... - Tether Tyrant

TETHER TYRANT
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 3; DPL: 8; FWPL: 5; HP: 1
Height: 5-11
Weight: 150
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
Skin: Fair
Race: Human
Identity: Public
Alignment: Hero

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3 [9], STAMINA 3 [6], AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 7, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics 4 (+7/+13), Deception 3 (+3), Expertise [Criminal] 5 (+
5), Expertise [Streetwise] 6 (+6), Insight 3 (+3), Intimidation 7 (+7), Perception 3 (+3), Persuasion (+0), Sleight of Hand 3 (+5), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit [Ambidexterity], Chokehold, Damaging Escape*, Defensive Roll (1), Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Trip, Power Attack (1) (Unarmed)

POWERS:
Symbiotic Harness: 61 pts Traits, Removable (-12 pts), Extra: Restricted (only to those deemed worthy by the symbiote); 49 pts
Symbiotic Enhancements: Enhanced Strength 6, Enhanced Stamina 3; 18 pts
Tentacle Flailing: Enhanced Dodge 2 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Parry 2 (Flaw: Sustained); 4 pts
Tentacle Array: 38 pt Array; 39 pts
Tentacle Snare: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 12 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage, 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Accurate 3, Extra Condition, Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50], Limited to two Degrees); 38 pts
Tentacle Grabbing: Extra Limbs 4 (4 Tentacles), Enhanced Advantages 6 (Benefit [Ambidexterity], Chokehold, Damaging Escape*, Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Trip); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +7 [Unarmed +9]
Ranged Attack +2
Tentacle Snare +8 [Tentacle Snare Affliction +12]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +7 (+9 with Tentacles) [DC17/19] Parry +7 (+9 with Tentacles) [DC17/19]
Toughness +7 (+6 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +4 (+7 with Harness), Will +3

COMPLICATIONS:
Motivation: Money and respect.
Relationships: He is good friends with Magmaniac.
Symbiotic Influence: Tether Tyrant has a symbiotic relationship with the tentacle harness that he wears and it's influence grows the longer he wears it, making him more aggressive and irrational at times. If he gives in completely the symbiote, they can become a threat of super team level proportions.

Abilities 34 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Advantages 2 + Powers 49 + Defenses 9 = 108 / 108

Build Comments: Tether Tyrant is another one-note villain, but it’s a pretty damn good note. He wears a symbiotic harness that has like 30 tentacles that he can use to Snare or grab his opponents with. Invincible had a hard time breaking out of it, so I figure a 12 rank Affliction along with 9 strength should be enough to give Mark a hard time without making him work too hard to take TT down.

The last arc with Tether Tyrant was pretty good, where he and Magmaniac (coming eventually) try to go straight, but can’t make it work so they go on “one last job” and Magmaniac doesn’t make it. The influence of the symbiote takes over and TT becomes a threat that requires a whole GOG team to deal with. I love when they let a jobber have a badass moment in the sun every now and then.

Secret Origins: It is not yet known how he acquired his symbiotic harness, but years ago, he bonded with it and has used it’s powers to accumulate over 200 known kills and be at the top of several most wanted lists.

The Story so Far: Tether Tyrant works the freelance circuit as a hitman or enforcer for criminal gangs. Tether Tyrant has worked briefly for the Chicago based Vicious Circle and as muscle for the crime lord Machine Head on several occasions. Recently, Machine Head hired Tether Tyrant and several other super-thugs as bodyguards, but the contract was short lived. Machine Head and nearly all his henchmen were defeated in a pitched battle with Invincible and the new Guardians of the Globe.

Tether Tyrant was in federal custody at an undisclosed location, but later escaped with Magmaniac before being captured by Invincible again. After trying to go straight, but finding that it wasn’t working out for them, Tether Tyrant and Magmaniac were employed by Titan again to take down Machine Head once and for all. But when Magmaniac was killed by Machine Head's body guard, Vault, Tyrant fully bonded with his symbiote, but went insane in the process before Brit and the Guardians were able to calm him down. He surrendered and was taken back to prison.

Characterization: He’s pretty much a career thug, content to do work for hire for a decent wage and it also offers variety and travel opportunities. The closest he came to solo work are the team-ups with his occasional partner and sometimes friendly rival, Magmaniac.

Friends and Foes: His best friend is Magmaniac. He talks to his symbiote a lot so apparently it is his closest confidant. He’s run afoul of several heroes, but has his strongest rivalries with Savage Dragon, Nightwing and Invincible.
greycrusader

Re: J-Mart: Reanimen, Doc Seismic, Kursk, Tether Tyrant

Post by greycrusader »

I'm curious...how do you see Invincible's major stories working out in your universe? Omni-Man and the other Viltrumites don't pose nearly the same threat in a world with Superman, Thor, Wonder Woman, the Hulk, Dr. Strange, Iron Man, Captain Marvel (either of them), and so on; even the X-Men (given how psi-heavy their members are) would stymie their efforts. The Kirkman Invincible universe frankly was full of punch or blast types, with just about none in the class of the Viltrumites, except for Robot's genius technology. Your setting has quite a few super-heavyweights, along with loads of heroes and villains whose offbeat powers would bypass Omni-Man and company's conventional invulnerability. So the Omni-Man murder mystery, the invasion angle, the legion of evil Invincibles...none of those really work as they did in the comics.

Again, just wondering your thoughts.

All my best.
Jabroniville

Re: J-Mart: Reanimen, Doc Seismic, Kursk, Tether Tyrant

Post by Jabroniville »

Invincible really set up an awesome Goon Squad of recurring doofuses. It was proof of how boundless Kirkman's imagination was that so many of these guys would have easily fit in at Marvel or something, and their designs were great as well. Like, Kirkman just "got" it with these dudes. Which makes it all the more of a shame that he was like "Oh, I dunno" on 90% of their characters and they were just rarely-appearing goofs who were often one-shotted because Kirkman loved Power Creep more than he loved Jobber Villains :).

Nice work so far, Thorp!