J-Mart: Kung Lao, Ken Masters, Captain Carter, John Preston

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Goldar

Re: J-Mart: Karai, Crystal, Medusa, The Invisible Woman, Faith, Tomorrow Woman, Viv Vision

Post by Goldar »

Hey Thorp!

I am enjoying Ladies Weekend! Any other Marvlous Ladies planned (Black Widow, Wasp, Jean Grey) for example?

I have a few questions:

1) What happened to Crystal's beautiful hair? Did Johnny get a mad-on and burn it off?
2) Is Tomorrow Woman any relation to Maxima? They seem to have the same-many powers
Ken

Re: Zephyr (Faith): Earth-T1

Post by Ken »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:03 pm Check out this J-Mart Favorite Item as our extended LADIES' WEEKEND rolls on!

ZEPHYR (FAITH)
It's weird. When I here the name Faith used in reference to super heroines, I picture this character from just-barely-pre-Radium Age JLAImage who was nicknamed "the Fat Lady" (as in it was over if she "sang") but was a flying telekinetic type....
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Thorpocalypse

Re: J-Mart: Karai, Crystal, Medusa, The Invisible Woman, Faith, Tomorrow Woman, Viv Vision

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Goldar wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:04 am Hey Thorp!

I am enjoying Ladies Weekend! Any other Marvlous Ladies planned (Black Widow, Wasp, Jean Grey) for example?

I have a few questions:

1) What happened to Crystal's beautiful hair? Did Johnny get a mad-on and burn it off?
2) Is Tomorrow Woman any relation to Maxima? They seem to have the same-many powers
I think they cut Crystal's hair to make her seem more grown up and assertive during the Inhumans push a few years ago. I'm surprised she didn't take him out after his fling with Medusa. :shock:

And nope, Tomorrow Woman has no ties to Maxima. But you're right, their designs are similar. Blame it on the 90's. :)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

Viv Vision: Earth-PC1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Sometime
Thorpocalypse

Viv Vision: Earth-J217

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Later
Thorpocalypse

Hawkeye (Kate Bishop): Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

LADIES' WEEKEND continues with this CAN'T MISS SPECIAL item for Aisle 2!

Blah blah blah -- I'm grim and serious Wolverine, I hunt alone -- blah blah -- except now I'm even grimmer and more serious because I'm like, ninety years old now -- blah blah. Let's just cut to the part where I wear you down with my adorable precociousness and you reluctantly agree to team up, okay? - Hawkeye

HAWKEYE II (KATE BISHOP)
PL9

OPL: 9; SPL: 3; DPL: 9; FWPL: 6; HP: 1
Height: 5-5
Weight: 120
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Black
Skin: Fair
Race: Human
Identity: Public
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Team Affiliations: West Coast Avengers; Young Avengers

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 6, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatics 7 (+12), Athletics 5 (+7), Deception 6 (+10) [Taunt], Expertise [Performance] 3 (+5), Expertise [Popular Culture] 3 (+5), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation (+4), Investigation 9 (+11), Perception 13 (+16), Persuasion 5 (+9), Ranged Combat [Bow] 3 (+13), Sleight of Hand 2 (+8), Stealth 7 (+12), Technology 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack (1) (Bow), Beginner's Luck, Deadeye*, Defensive Attack (2) (Bow, Unarmed), Defensive Roll (2), Eagle Eyes*, Equipment (6), Improved Aim, Improved Critical (1) (Bow), Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (1), Move-by Action, Precise Attack (2) (Ranged, Cover; Ranged, Concealment), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (4), Takedown (2), Taunt, Teamwork, Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Aim)

POWERS:
NONE

EQUIPMENT:
(30 pts)
Leather Costume: Protection 1, Subtle; 2 pts
Bow and Arrows: (27 pts)
Rapid Fire Arrows: Ranged Multiattack Piercing Damage 5; 15 pts
Standard Arrow: Ranged Piercing Damage 5, Extra: Penetrating 4; 1 pt
Exploding Arrows: Ranged Burst Area Ballistic Damage 7 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Triggered, Flaw: Inaccurate, Unreliable [5 uses]); 1 pt
Stun Arrow: Ranged Affliction 5 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated); 1 pt
Flare Arrows: Ranged Burst Area Affliction 5 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Visually Impaired, 2nd: Visually Disabled, 3rd: Visually Unaware, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Limited to one sense [visual]); 1 pt
Net Arrows: Ranged Affliction 5 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Cumulative, Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to two Degrees); 1 pt
Cutting Torch Arrows: Weaken Toughness 5 (Resisted by Fortitude, Extra: Affects Objects, Linked [Damage], Flaw: Affects Object only), Heat Damage 5 (Extra: Linked [Weaken]); 1 pt
Knockout Gas Arrows: Ranged Burst Area Affliction 5 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Fatigued, 2nd: Exhausted, 3rd: Asleep, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius]); 1 pt
Bola Arrow: Ranged Affliction 5 (Resisted by Dodge; 1st: Hindered and Impaired, 2nd: Immobile and Prone, Extra: Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to two degrees); 1 pt
Glue Arrow: Ranged Affliction 5 (Resisted by Dodge; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Extra Condition, Contagious, Flaw: Limited to two Degrees); 1 pt
Parachute Arrow: Movement 1 (Safe Fall; Extra: Affects Others, Attack); 1 pt
Bow Bash: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 1; 1 pt
Grappling Hook Arrow: Movement 1 (Swinging); 1 pt
Headquarters: (1 pt)
Hawkeye Investigations Office: Size - D, Tough - 6, Features - Computer, Fire Prevention System, Living Space; 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +1]
Ranged Attack +10
Bow +13 [Arrows +5, Critical 19-20; Rapid Fire Arrows +5, Critical 19-20, Multiattack; Net Arrow Affliction +5, Critical 19-20; Bola Arrow Affliction +5, Critical 19-20; Stun Arrow Affliction +5, Critical 19-20; Glue Arrow Affliction +5, Critical 19-20]
Special Attack [Flare Arrow Affliction +5, Burst Area; Knockout Gas Arrow +5, Burst Area; Exploding Arrow +7, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +5 (+4 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Bitch: Kate is loyal, but very blunt and takes no crap from anyone…especially Patriot
Relationships: Her teammates, especially Stature
Rivalry: With Patriot, even though it appears they did each other…kids…

Abilities 72 + Skills 35 (70 ranks) + Advantages 31 + Powers 0 + Defenses 15 = 153 / 153

Build Comments: Because they were cheap on the Marvel app, I downloaded and read the latest Hawkeye series starring Kate Bishop and I was SO glad I did. It was a really fun read. Kate moved to LA in the previous Hawkeye series and they picked it up from there with her adventures as a private investigator in LA, giving her a supporting case and a great rivalry with Madame Masque. I highly recommend it if you’re looking for some lighter comic fare.

Kate has come a long way since the Young Avengers, which I wish they would reboot for a limited series with the original group just for some nostalgia sake. Kate is also now the leader of the hysterical reboot of the West Coast Avengers, which I also highly recommend picking up. It’s worth it just for the banter between Gwenpool and Quentin Quire.

As a build, Kate’s a notch below her mentor but still an awesome archer and street level hero.

Secret Origins: Kate Bishop grew up as the youngest daughter of a rich Manhattanite family. Although her father Derek was an emotionally distant publishing magnate, Kate admired him, and tried to gain his attention and approval during her summer breaks from boarding school. Her mother Eleanor was estranged from her father and frequently absent on vacations until she died while on trip in Boulder, Colorado when Kate was still young. Kate has an older sister, Susan. They have a friendly but somewhat tense relationship, because Susan doesn't understand or share Kate's focus on helping others. From an early age, Kate was frequently lonely and became determined to rely only on herself. She developed a very independent, blunt, and stubborn personality.

The Story so Far: When she was still little, Kate secretly witnessed her father beating up another person late at night in his study. She quickly became disillusioned with Derek, and decided to further investigate his activities. She followed him to a meet-up with El Matador, and accidentally got herself caught briefly after Derek had left the location.

El Matador held her to ransom, but Kate managed to attempt an escape. When one of Matador's men was about to catch her, an arrow flew past him, distracting him and saving Kate. The Avengers had arrived to the scene, after the archer Hawkeye had kept an eye on el Matador for some time, and they defeated the villains. Kate was impressed by the Avengers, but specially Hawkeye, for being a regular human with no powers but only skill. With the recent disillusion from her father, Kate turned Hawkeye into her role model.

Kate also felt uncomfortable with her family's wealth and began trying to emulate her mother by spending time at soup kitchens and women's shelters.

At some point prior to her sister's wedding, Kate was sexually assaulted while walking in Central Park. The event initially left Kate traumatized and even more isolated. However, the ordeal eventually motivated her to learn several forms of combat fighting and self-defense. She quickly became proficient in swordplay, archery, and martial arts. She also met with a therapist during this time to work through some of her issues.

Kate first encountered the Young Avengers when they attempted to save her and two hundred other guests at her sister's wedding in St. Patrick's Cathedral. Unfortunately, the Young Avengers were only successful in starting a fire and becoming hostages themselves. It was Kate that saved them using one of Patriot's throwing stars. The Young Avengers were able, however, to escape the scene before the police arrived.

Kate and the Young Avengers had many adventures but eventually disbanded. Kate was later recruited as a partner of Clint Barton, the original Hawkeye, in his street-level crime-fighting in Brooklyn. Together, they took down a troupe of nefarious circus performers. Later, Kate helped Clint track down and rescue a girl who had been kidnapped. Before long, Kate had to drive their getaway car as they were pursued by angry mafia members. Kate saved herself, Clint, and the girl in the ultimate standoff against the mafia boss.

After Clint was kidnapped by Madame Masque in Madripoor, Kate saved him by disguising herself as him and helping steal a tape that had evidence on it of Clint killing Du Ke Feng, before being discovered and breaking them both out, with help from Maria Hill. The tape was destroyed in the conflict, but Clint revealed that it was actually fake and he was innocent. This started a long rivalry with Kate and Madame Masque.

After being part of a new version of the Younger Avengers and other adventures with Clint, Kate moved back to Los Angeles and set up her own detective agency, Hawkeye Investigations.

Characterization: Kate is a fiercely independent person with a strong desire to help others. Although Kate officially took on the mantle of "Hawkeye" when formerly given it by Captain America, her codename or lack thereof was a recurring theme or sometimes joke. Even though she has now embraced the Hawkeye name, since the return of Clint Barton as Hawkeye, a recurring joke has been the confusion and oddity of two active superheroes using the same codename concurrently.

Friends and Foes: She is closer to her former Young Avengers teammates. She also has a strong relationship with her mentor Hawkeye. She wants to honor the memory of her late mother and has a strained relationship with her father, Derek, who has consorted with and possibly is a supervillain.

She has a bitter rivalry with Madame Masque.
Thorpocalypse

Hawkeye (Kate Bishop): Earth-PC1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Soon
Thorpocalypse

Hawkeye (Kate Bishop): Earth-J217

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Maybe
Thorpocalypse

War Chest: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We've got a J-Mart Favorite Item hitting the shelves as LADIES' WEEKEND keeps rolling!

You know better than to use that name in public. In public. I'm War Chest! - War Chest
(art by Roboworks)

WAR CHEST
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 2; DPL: 10; FWPL: 8; HP: 1
Height: 6-2
Weight: 160
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Pink
Race: Human Mutate
Identity: Secret
Alignment: Hero (kinda)
Base of Operations: Tower City
Team Affiliations: JLAXI

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 12, STAMINA 10, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Athletics (+12), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+8), Deception 3 (+5/+7) [Attractive], Expertise [Streetwise] 4 (+5), Insight 3 (+3), Intimidation 6 (+8), Perception 4 (+4), Persuasion (+2/+4) [Attractive], Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack (1) (Unarmed), Attractive (1), Improved Grab

POWERS:
Powerhouse Physique: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 9, Immunity 5 (All Environmental Conditions); 16 pts
Super Strength Stunts: Alternate Effect Array of Strength; 2 pts
Groundstrike: Burst Area Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Prone, Extras: Burst Area x2 [60 ft radius], Flaws: Limited to two degrees, Instant Recovery, Limited [War Chest and targets must be on the ground]); 1 pt
Shockwave: Burst Area Damage 10 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft], Flaw: War Chest and targets must be on the ground); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +8 [Unarmed +12]
Ranged Attack +2
Special Attack [Groundstrike +10, Burst Area; Shockwave +10, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +12 (+12 without Defensive Roll, +5 Impervious), Fortitude +11, Will +5

COMPLICATIONS:
Conflicted: She's trying to turn her life around and do some good but sometimes she struggles with staying on the right path.
Too Attractive: Her…assets can be distracting to male allies and foes and can cause people to underestimate her abilities.

Abilities 70 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Advantages 3 + Powers 18 + Defenses 14 = 116 / 116

Build Comments: One of my favorite characters in the Dynamo 5 series, the aptly named War Chest. She started out as your run of the mill powerhouse, albeit with a fun name and great...attributes. Now she's been hired on by F.L.A.G. to be part of their superteam they have put together to be rivals to the Dynamo 5, The Primaries.

With the tongue in cheek name and looks, you would think she's pretty much a bimbo, but she's actually a pretty sharp cookie and has made it clear that she's more than just her, um, War Chest.

Secret Origins/The Story so Far: Rebecca Hurley was the girlfriend of one of the users of the Strong-Suit. She suspected him of infidelity and began pounding on him (knowing he could take it because of the suit). Dynamo 5 arrived to break up the lover’s quarrel as it was trashing the city. Gage eventually used his telepathy to help convince Rebecca that someone else had worn the suit and that he had not cheated. The pair were arrested for the damage they caused but Rebecca was given a "Get out of jail free card" in exchange for joining Primaries, a team of heroes working directly for F.L.A.G., a special government agency.

The Primaries were first deployed when the offspring of Dominex arrived to challenge the heroes that defeated their father. The offspring of Captain Dynamo, Omni Man (Invincible), along side the children of the Savage Dragon were not up to the task, nor were the Primaries themselves. Only when Smasher, whose girlfriend was critically injured by one of the attackers, donned the Strong Suit (which amplified his already considerate super strength) returned was the situation resolved (he killed all 3 alien invaders).

Gage saved Rebecca's life during the attack and the two began a clandestine sexual affair, which they managed to hide until it ended. She has recently been recruited by Cyclops for his JLAXI team.
Thorpocalypse

Kate Pryde: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Time to add to our X-Verse line as LADIES' WEEKEND continues!

Maybe I'll never have a normal life, but as long as people are afraid of mutants -- as long as people like Asher are afraid of themselves -- I know where I belong. I'm an X-Man because I don't want the world to be like this. I want it to be better. So I'm going to make it better. Just watch me. - Kate Pryde

KATE PRYDE
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 3; DPL: 8; FWPL: 6; HP: 1
Height: 5-6
Weight: 110
Eyes: Hazel
Hair: Brown
Race: Mutant
Identity: Public
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: Krakoa; Mobile
Team Affiliations: X-Men

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+10), Athletics (+1), Deception 2 (+5), Expertise [Computers] 8 (+13), Expertise [Popular Culture] 2 (+7), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation (+3), Investigation 2 (+7), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion 6 (+9), Stealth 5 (+9), Technology 5 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (1), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (2) (French, Japanese, Sh’iar, Krakoan, 1 others, Base: English), Leadership, Takedown (1), Teamwork

POWERS:
Astral Senses: Sense 2 (Normal Vision [Counters Concealment, Flaw: Limited [Astral Forms]); 2 pts
Phasing: Reaction Insubstantial 4 (Incorporeal; Extra: Affects Others, Attack, Precise, Subtle 2); 31 pts
Air Walking: Flight 1 (4 mph/60 fpr; Flaw: Limited [Must be insubstantial and "air walk"]); 1 pt
Disruption Attack: 20 pt Array; 22 pts
Physical Disruption: Affliction 10 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Affects Incorporeal 10); 20 pts
Electronic Disruption: Nullify 10 (Electronics, Extra: Affects Corporeal, Simultaneous); 1 pt
Object Disruption: Damage 10 (Extra: Penetrating 10, Affects Corporeal, Flaw: Limited [to toughness of object]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Krakoan Tech Costume: Feature 1 (Quick Change); 1 pt

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +1; Physical Disruption Affliction +10; Electronic Disruption +10; Object Disruption +10]
Ranged Attack +3

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +4 (+2 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Kitty is very near-sighted without her contacts/glasses.
Power Loss: Kitty's phasing powers can be negated by certain types of energy as well as particularly dense substances like Adamantium or other alien metals, like those of Breakworld.
Prejudice: Mutant.
Relationships: She has had a long, on and off relationship with Colossus.
Responsibility: Xavier's Dream.
Rivalry: Emma Frost. She has never truly trusted her since she kidnapped her when she was White Queen of the Hellfire Club and most likely never will.

Abilities 62 + Skills 22 (44 ranks) + Advantages 9 + Powers 56 + Defenses 17 = 166 / 166

Build Comments: I probably could have built Kate at PL8-ish, but I think that’s underpowered for her, really. She’s accurate in close and has a pretty effective power, so this might be OK.

And you’ll note I am posting her as Kate Pryde, not Shadowcat, which I keep seeing on Wikis and such. When was the last time she really went by Shadowcat? I’ve got probably 50 different X-comics over the past 8-10 years and I don’t see anyone calling her anything but Kitty (or now Kate) so that’s what I’m going with.

Secret Origins: Katherine Anne "Kitty" Pryde was born in Deerfield, Illinois to Carmen and Theresa Pryde. Of Jewish descent, her paternal grandfather, Samuel Prydeman, was held in a Nazi concentration camp during World War II. Kitty started to have headaches at age thirteen, signaling the emergence of her mutant powers. She was approached by both the X-Men's Charles Xavier and the Hellfire Club's White Queen, Emma Frost, both of whom hoped to recruit her for their respective causes. Kitty was unnerved by Frost, observing that the White Queen had looked at her as if she were "something good to eat." She got along better with Xavier and the three X-Men who escorted him to his meeting with her and her parents, quickly becoming friends with Ororo Munroe. Ororo told Kitty who she really was and about the X-Men, which made the teenager even more enthusiastic about attending Xavier's school.

The Story so Far: Their conversation was cut short when they, along with Wolverine and Colossus, were attacked by armored mercenaries in the employ of Frost and the Hellfire Club. The X-Men defeated their assailants, but were subdued by the White Queen's telepathic powers immediately after. In the confusion, Kitty had become separated from the X-Men and therefore was not captured along with them. She managed to contact Cyclops, Phoenix, and Nightcrawler. With the help of Dazzler and Pryde, those X-Men rescued their teammates and Xavier (who had also been captured) from the Hellfire Club.

The White Queen appeared to perish in the battle, which meant she was no longer competing with Xavier for the approval of Kitty's parents. Kitty's parents had not heard from her in more than a day, because during that time she was first being pursued by the Hellfire Club's men and then working with the X-Men to save their friends. All they knew was that Kitty had left with Xavier's "students" to get a soda, there had been reports that the soda shop had been blown up, and that Kitty had been missing since. Therefore, they were angry at Xavier when he finally returned with Kitty in tow. At first, it seemed like there was no chance of Kitty being allowed to attend the school and join the X-Men. Phoenix then used her considerable telepathic power to erase the memories of Kitty's parents and plant false ones, resulting in a complete shift in their attitude towards Xavier. Kitty was then allowed to enroll at Xavier's school with her parents' blessing. She was the youngest person to join the X-Men up to that point.

Kitty joined the X-Men, and assumed the costumed identity of Sprite. Early in her career as an X-Man, Kitty's adult self from an alternate future took possession of her body in the present to help X-Men thwart the assassination of Senator Robert Kelly by the second Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. During her teen years, Kitty fostered a number of close relationships with others at the school and in the X-Men. She developed a crush on Colossus and became close friends with his little sister Illyana Rasputin. Initially uneasy around Nightcrawler and other mutants with physical deformities, Kitty finally overcame her fears and became close friends with him. Kitty also befriended Lockheed, a highly intelligent alien resembling a dragon, who followed her home after a mission in outer space. Lockheed is extremely loyal to Kitty, and the two of them share a psychic bond. Wolverine became something of a mentor to Kitty despite his usually gruff personality. Storm came to view Kitty as the daughter she never had. Kitty also made good friends with a local boy from Salem Central named Doug Ramsey around this time, but her feelings for him never went as deep as his for her, and they never actually dated, though they remained close, even more so after Doug's status as a mutant was revealed and he joined the New Mutants under the codename Cypher. They remained friends until his death some time later.

At one point, Kitty is possessed by a demon, the ninja Ogun. Ogun psychically bestows upon Kitty a virtual lifetime of martial arts training. Kitty was brainwashed by Ogun into becoming a ninja assassin, and was sent to attack Wolverine. Kitty is able to resist Ogun's influence with Wolverine's help, and the two form a strong teacher/student bond, which helps them in vanquishing Ogun. Kitty returns to the X-Men, no longer the innocent girl they once knew, and officially adopts the codename Shadowcat.

While trying to save Rogue, Kitty was badly injured by Harpoon's energy spear during the Mutant Massacre of the massacre of the Morlocks, with the result that she lost control of her power and was stuck in an intangible state and could not regain her solidity. She was rushed to Muir Island along with other surviving casualties of the Massacre to be tended to by Moira MacTaggert. MacTaggert was able to keep Kitty's condition from deteriorating to the point where she completely lost physical substance and ceased to exist, but was not able to do any more to help her.

At this time, Kitty's natural state was to be intangible. Where she once had to make a conscious effort to phase, she could now only maintain her solidity through an act of conscious will. The X-Men went to Reed Richards, Mister Fantastic of the Fantastic Four, for aid, but Richards initially refused because he was not sure he would be able to help. Having nowhere else to go, the X-Men turned to Richards' enemy Doctor Doom. This created a moral dilemma for both the X-Men and the Fantastic Four, and both teams fought each other because the Fantastic Four were trying to stop the treatment while the X-Men were determined to save Kitty's life. In the end, both the personal crisis of the Fantastic Four and the life of Shadowcat were saved after Franklin Richards, with the help of Lockheed, brought both teams to their senses.

Thinking the X-Men were dead after a huge battle with The Adversary, Kitty and Nightcrawler joined Rachel Summers, Captain Britain, and Meggan to form the Britain-based team Excalibur. For a brief time, Kitty studied at St. Searle's school for girls in Britain. During her time with Excalibur, Kitty developed a crush on Professor Alistaire Stuart which went unreciprocated since Alistaire was attracted to Rachel. Later, she was romantically involved with former Black Air agent Pete Wisdom, to whom she gave her virginity. At some point, Kitty was recruited by the international law enforcement agency S.H.I.E.L.D. to repair the computer system of their flying headquarters. Kitty discovered the problem was due to Ogun's spirit having infiltrated the computer system, and with the aid of Wolverine, she managed to purge Ogun's presence. During this time, Kitty was attracted to a S.H.I.E.L.D. intern her own age, and this made her begin to doubt her relationship with Wisdom. Soon after, she broke off their relationship.

After Excalibur's dissolution, Shadowcat, Nightcrawler, and Colossus return to the X-Men. While tracking Mystique, she stumbles onto prophetic diaries that belonged to Irene Adler, the precognitive known as Destiny. Kitty remained with the X-Men for a while before leaving after the apparent death of Colossus. Trying to give herself a normal life, she attended the University of Chicago. During this time, her father was killed when Cassandra Nova’s Sentinels destroyed Genosha. Kitty later finds a recording of his death due to exploring footage of the attack.

Soon after, Kitty once again rejoins the X-Men, despite having extreme reservations about working with the former White Queen, given their history. This was the primary reason why Frost herself wanted Kitty on the team, as a sort of "safety" should Frost ever revert to type. Frost reasoned that the person who trusted her least would be most likely to spot such behavior. On one of the team's first missions, Shadowcat discovered Colossus was alive. After some initial awkwardness, Kitty and Peter resumed dating.

Kitty Pryde and Colossus were the two X-Men left to look after the students while the rest of the X-Men leave for Mystique's home in Mississippi to check up on Rogue, during which they are ambushed by the Marauders. Kitty and Colossus attempedt to protect the students from a faction of the Marauders led by Exodus. It is revealed over the course of the story that Kitty, worried of the Destiny Diaries' safety, devised a plan with Cyclops and Emma Frost to hide them and have Emma wipe the location from her mind. The location could only be revealed by a code word spoken to Kitty. The battle concluded with a battle between Iceman and Cannonball against the Marauders for the diaries, during which they are destroyed by Gambit.

Later, she and her X-team were transported to S.W.O.R.D.'s air station en route to Ord's Breakworld. As the team prepares to end the confrontation with the Breakworld leader, the team splits up—with Kitty on the team appointed to stop the missile pointed at Earth. Kitty phases into the missile to disrupt its circuitry noting that it is composed of the same material as the rest of Breakworld, a material that’s difficult and exhausting for her to phase through. After phasing for a mile into the missile, Kitty finds the center only to discover it empty. The missile is fired, causing Kitty to pass out inside of it as Beast discovers too late that due to its shape, trajectory, and lack of internal circuitry, the Breakworld's weapon is not a missile, but a bullet. As the bullet hurtles toward Earth, Kitty lies unconscious within it.

As the situation becomes increasingly dire, Emma establishes mental contact with Kitty, reassuring her that she will come out of this fine, though it eventually becomes clear to both that the situation will be grim. Kitty and Emma come to an understanding and reconciliation, Emma stating that she never wanted something like this to happen to her. Kitty then phases the bullet through Earth, but is trapped within. Scott Summers mentions that Doctor Strange, Reed Richards, and some "top men" tried to save her, but believe she has fused to the bullet, as it continues to hurtle through space. Whether she is alive or dead is unknown, though the X-Men consider her lost to them. She is briefly mentioned in the aftermath of the Messiah Complex, by Colossus, Nightcrawler, and Wolverine, as the three of them discuss "losing her."

To cope with Kitty's loss, Colossus takes down a group of Russian criminals dealing in human trafficking, and gets a tattoo of the name 'Katya' on his chest. Emma begins having a recurring dream in which she hears a voice whom she believes is Kitty's trying to reach out to her. It was later confirmed by Abigail Brand that Kitty Pryde was still alive within the bullet, but because the bullet's design would harden as time went on, it would become increasingly difficult to break the bullet open.

After the X-Men move to the island of Utopia, Magneto arrives on the island professing his desire to join and support the X-Men in their effort to unite the world's remaining mutants. The X-Men reluctantly let him stay, remaining wary of him despite his efforts to gain their trust. In a final bid to gain their trust, Magneto focuses his powers, attempting to divert the interstellar path of the metal bullet Kitty is trapped in and bring her home to Earth. Meanwhile inside the bullet, Kitty is revealed to still be alive. Unbeknownst to the others, Magneto had encountered the bullet earlier while attempting to regain his powers with the High Evolutionary and surmised that Kitty was inside. Despite this and the High Evolutionary's apparent ability to retrieve the bullet and Kitty, Magneto chose to focus on regaining his powers, secretly keeping tabs on the bullet until his decision to draw it back to Earth. During her time trapped inside the bullet, Kitty keeps herself and the bullet phased to avoid collisions with any inhabited objects in its path. Magneto brings her safely down to Earth, with the help of Doctor Strange, by cracking the bullet in two and levitating Kitty to the ground. When she and Colossus try to touch, it is revealed that she is trapped in her intangible form, unable to speak, and the X-Men place her in a protective chamber similar to the one used for her following the events of the Mutant Massacre. How Kitty survived her time in the bullet is unclear to the X-Men's science team, where the X-Men discover that all her bodily functions halted. An analysis by Kavita Rao hypothesizes that Kitty created an intense muscle memory to keep herself and the bullet phased and has "forgotten" how to un-phase.

Later, the Breakworlders make their way to Earth. During the conflict between the Breakworlder Kr'uun and the X-Men, Kitty is slain and resurrected by Kr'uun's mate in an alien ritual, which results in her powers returning to normal.

After several more adventures, Kitty has started going by Kate in effort to shake her “X-kid” background and has become the leader of a new version of the Marauders.

Characterization: Besides her mutant powers, Kitty is a genius in the field of applied technology and computer science. She is highly talented in the design and use of computer hardware. She is a skilled pilot of piston and jet engine aircraft, and a competent pilot of certain advanced interstellar vehicles. She has previously shown a unique ability to wield the Soulsword and also be harmed by it. Since her possession by the ninja demon Ogun, she has been consistently shown to be an excellent hand-to-hand combatant, having since been endowed with a lifetime of training in the martial arts of Japanese ninja and samurai, such as aikido, karate, and ninjutsu. She is also trained in the Israeli martial art of Krav Maga. She is a professional-level dancer in both ballet and modern dance. She speaks fluent English, Japanese, Russian, and the royal and standard languages of the alien Shi'ar and Skrull, and has moderate expertise in Gaelic, Hebrew, and German.

Friends and Foes: As noted above, Kitty has several strong relationships within the X-Family, including being close to Storm, Wolverine, Nightcrawler and Magik among others. Her greatest relationship has been with Colossus, although they have currently gone their separate ways.
Goldar

Re: J-Mart: Invisible Woman, Faith, Tomorrow Woman, Viv Vision, Hawkeye, War Chest, Kate Pryde

Post by Goldar »

Has Kitty ever been shown to possess the power seen in the movie X-Men: Days of Future Past where she sends people back in time?
catsi563

Re: J-Mart: Invisible Woman, Faith, Tomorrow Woman, Viv Vision, Hawkeye, War Chest, Kate Pryde

Post by catsi563 »

Goldar wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:05 am Has Kitty ever been shown to possess the power seen in the movie X-Men: Days of Future Past where she sends people back in time?
Shes never been shown in comics to have that but it could be done as a focused power stunt
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Jack of Spades

Post by Jack of Spades »

In the comics, I believe sending Kitty's mind back in time was the first on-screen thing Rachel ever did. But it was Kitty, not Logan, who was sent back into her teenaged body for Days of Future Past.
Jack's Deck build threadFantasy Geographic Society campaign web site
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Thanks guys. I wanted to ask because I never understood how Kitty would have this power.

It sort of reminded me of on the TV show Charmed the Original show, how Phoebe in the Future developed some sort of similar hand power that she used to kill a baseball player by placing her hands on either side of his head and shot similar looking energy bands.
Thorpocalypse

Kate Pryde: Earth-PC1/PC2

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We had to miss yesterday due to Father's Day shenanigans at Thorpe's Deep so we're extending LADIES' WEEKEND one more day! Check out this PC version of our last new item!

Anna, we can beat guys like Bogan and Magneto 'til the end of time. That's not the fight that matters. This world is our home. And we -- all of us, human and mutant -- have to decide whether we have it in us to share. To live together- in relative peace -- as the human race. That's the battle I have to win. - Kate Pryde

KATE PRYDE
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: -; DPL: 10; FWPL: 7; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics 6 (+10), Athletics (+1), Deception (+3), Expertise [Computers] 6 (+10), Insight (+3), Intimidation (+3), Perception 2 (+5), Persuasion 4 (+7), Stealth 4 (+8), Technology 4 (+8)

ADVANTAGES: Defensive Roll (2), Languages (1) (Russian, Shi’ar, Base: English), Leadership, Teamwork

POWERS:
Astral Senses: Sense 2 (Normal Vision [Counters Concealment, Flaw: Limited [Astral Forms]); 2 pts
Phasing: Reaction Insubstantial 4 (Incorporeal; Extra: Affects Others, Attack); 28 pts
Phased Mind: Immunity 2 (Mind Reading, Flaw: Limited to when Incorporeal); 1 pt
Air Walking: Flight 1 (4 mph/60 fpr; Flaw: Limited [Must be insubstanial and "air walk"]); 1 pt
Disruption Attack: 20 pt Array; 22 pts
Physical Disruption: Affliction 10 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Affects Incorporeal 10); 20 pts
Electronic Disruption: Nullify 10 (Electronics, Extra: Affects Corporeal, Simultaneous); 1 pt
Object Disruption: Damage 10 (Extra: Penetrating 10, Affects Corporeal, Flaw: Limited [to toughness of object]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +4
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +1; Disruption Attack Affliction +10; Electronic Disruption Nullify +10; Object Disruption +10]
Ranged Attack +3

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +4 (+2 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Disability: Kitty is very near-sighted without her contacts.
Power Loss: Kitty's phasing powers can be negated by certain types of energy as well as particularly dense substances like Adamantium or other alien metals, like those of Breakworld.
Prejudice: Mutant.
Relationships: She has had a long, on and off relationship with Colossus, but is currently involved with Star-Lord.
Responsibility: Xavier's Dream.
Rivalry: Emma Frost. She has never truly trusted her since she kidnapped her when she was White Queen of the Hellfire Club and most likely never will.

Abilities 60 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Advantages 6 + Powers 52 + Defenses 18 = 150 / 150