J-Mart: Sentinels, Mystique

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Thorpocalypse

Crystal: Earth-J217

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Perhaps
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

Medusa: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We're continuing with our extended LADIES' WEEKEND with this Royal item for Aisle 2!

How dare you?! I don't think so! You destroyed our home. You set off the Terrigen Bomb, giving the world every excuse to fear the word Inhuman. You did this things, and did not tell me why. Then you vanished--Allowed me to think you were dead. While, in fact, you were just a mile away, having adventures with you maniacal brother. You left me to hold our nation together. To bury the dead. To rebuild what was left of our city and hold it in the face of attacks from Humans and Inhumans alike. To deal with the thousands of new members of our race appearing all over the world. I did all these things and did them well. And now you return, and you... And you... Think you still have a throne? I don't think so. - Medusa

MEDUSA
PL11

OPL: 11; SPL: 2; DPL: 10; FWPL: 7; HP: 1
Height: 5-11
Weight: 135
Eyes: Green
Hair: Red
Skin: Fair
Race: Inhuman
Identity: Public
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: New Attilan
Team Affiliations: Inhuman Royal Family;

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 5, STAMINA 6, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 7, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+8/+10), Close Combat [Hair] 4 (+11), Deception 4 (+8/+10) [Attractive], Expertise [Aristocracy] 10 (+12), Insight 8 (+12), Intimidation (+4), Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion 6 (+10/+12) [Attractive], Ranged Combat [Hair] 2 (+9), Stealth (+5), Technology 3 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Benefit (4 [5]) (Ambidexterity, Status 4 – Queen of The Inhumans), Chokehold, Defensive Roll (1), Fast Grab, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative 2 [Limited to Hair Effects], Improved Trip, Leadership, Ranged Attack (4)

POWERS:
Inhuman Physiology: Feature 1 (Longevity), Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr); 2 pts
Soulmate: Sense 1 (Communication Link [Mental; Black Bolt]); 1 pt
Prehensile Hair: Enhanced Advantages 10 (Benefit [Ambidexterity], Chokehold, Fast Grab, Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Initiative 2 [Limited to Hair Effects], Improved Trip), Elongation 2 (30 ft; Flaw: Limited to Hair), Enhanced Strength 2 (3200 lbs; Flaw: Limited to Hair), Extra Limbs 5 (Hair Tentacles), Movement 2 (Sure-footed [Reduce penalty by rank] , Wall-Crawling [Speed rank -1]); 19 pts
Hair Shield: Enhanced Dodge 4 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Parry 4 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Advantages 1 (Improved Defense); 9 pts
Hair Gliding: Movement 1 (Safe Fall); 2 pts
I Whip My Hair Back and Forth: 34 pt Dynamic Array; 42 pts
Hair Snare: Burst Area Affliction 11 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Sleight of Hand; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extras: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Dynamic, Selective, Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to two degrees); 34 pts
Hair Lash: Multiattack Damage 11 (Extra: Dynamic, Variable Descriptor [Bludgeoning/Sonic]); 2 pts
Hair Burst: Burst Area Bludgeoning Damage 11 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Dynamic, Selective); 2 pts
Hair Fan: Cone Area Affliction 11 (Resisted by Dodge; 1st: Vulnerable, 2nd: Prone, Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone], Dynamic, Flaw: Limited to two degrees, Instant Recovery); 2 pts
Hair Net: Deflect 13 (Extra: Accurate, Dynamic); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +5 (+13 for Hair Effects)
Close Attack +7 [Unarmed +5; Hair Unarmed +7]
Hair Lash +11 [Hair Lash +11, Multiattack]
Ranged Attack +7
Hair Net +9 [Hair Net Deflect +13]
Special Attack [Hair Burst +11, Burst Area; Hair Snare Affliction +11, Burst Area ; Hair Fan Affliction +11, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 (+13 with Hair Shield) [DC19/23] Parry +9 (+13 with Hair Shield) [DC19/23]
Toughness +7 (+6 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Aloof: Medusa can come off as aloof and arrogant at times because of her confidence and lifetime of training in carrying herself as a queen.
Prejudice: The Inhumans have always been watched with a wary eye by the human world.
Relationships: Her sister Medusa, the rest of the Inhuman Royal Family and above all, to her husband, Black Bolt.
Responsibility: Queen of the Inhumans.
Weakness: The Inhumans are all vulnerable to pollutants and toxins if not given a weekly dose of serum.

Abilities 72 + Skills 22 (44 ranks) + Advantages 12 + Powers 75 + Defenses 10 = 191 / 191

Build Comments: Medusa, the Queen of the Inhumans, has really gotten a push lately. War of Kings made her out to be a pretty heartless queen bitch, whereas she was previously portrayed as just kind of haughty. Then she was back to her slightly snobby self in FF. I highly recommend that book. Anyway, after Inhumanity, she became THE ruler of The Inhumans, making Black Bolt take a back seat and she became more magnanimous and even keel and has become one of the leaders of the superhero community.

I've always thought she was an underrated bad ass. She's had good showings against the FF back in the day and pretty much pwned Spidey and Venom in separate conflicts. I thought about making her a PL12, but with her Burst Area affects, I think she's pretty wicked as is. And of course, if she gets in over her head, her hubby can usually bail her out with no trouble.

Secret Origins: Medusalith Amaquelin was born to Quelin and Ambur, to nutritionists Quelin and Ambur, who were both Inhumans. Crystal is Medusa's younger sister. Quelin was the brother of Rynda, the wife of King Agon. Because of that family connection, Medusalith was considered a member of Attilan's Royal Family. Her parents had elected to expose her to the Terrigen Mists when she was young, which gave her a long, thick head of red hair which she could use like an appurtenance. She became widely known by her shortened name "Medusa," after the woman in Greek mythology who had actual snakes for hair.

During her adolescent years Medusa would often visit her distant cousin Black Bolt during his confinement, and she learned to communicate with him through body language. During the course of these visits, the two fell in love and became engaged. She attended Black Bolt's release from his isolation cell at the age of eighteen, and witnessed the first confrontation between Black Bolt and his insane brother Maximus the Mad.

The Story so Far: Maximus also claimed to be in love with Medusa, and has made frequent attempts to usurp both the throne of Attilan as well as his brother's bride-to-be. It was in Maximus' first successful attempt to take the throne that Medusa was knocked off a sky-sled by the Trikon and afflicted with amnesia. She left Attilan, and wandered Europe as a thief. While wandering through Europe, she comes to the attention of The Wizard, who is seeking a worthy female to become the fourth member of his new quartet, the Frightful Four, nemeses of the Fantastic Four. The initial incarnation of the team also included Sandman and Paste Pot Pete (now known as The Trapster). The red-haired villainess performs superbly in the Frightful Four's first battle with the Fantastic Four. They oppose the FF several times before she pursued by Gorgon on behalf of Maximus. It was some time before the disastrous effects of worldly pollution on the Inhumans was known, but eventually Medusa regained her senses and joined forces with the Fantastic Four against Maximus. She was reunited with Black Bolt, who had been searching for her, and returned to Attilan. However, she became trapped in Atillan by the "negative zone" barrier created by Maximus. She was eventually freed from the barrier by Black Bolt, and left the Great Refuge to visit the outside world as an adventurer. The Fantastic Four became friends and allies and aided the Inhumans on several occasions, such as during the frequent power struggles between Black Bolt and the deranged Maximus.

Medusa has been known to join the Fantastic Four as a team member for brief periods of time.. Through her relations with the Fantastic Four, Medusa and Black Bolt have sought to achieve an understanding and peace between the races of Earth and Attilan. Nevertheless, the Inhumans have been forced to relocate their home of Attilan several times due to unwarranted human hostility.

Black Bolt would eventually become the king of the Inhumans upon the death of his parents. Medusa oversaw the moving of Attilan to the Blue Area of the Moon. Alongside the Inhuman Royal Family, she battled the Avengers under Maximus's mind control. Medusa and Black Bolt were then married and Medusa was made queen, becoming both royal consort and royal interpreter. When Medusa became pregnant, Attilan's Genetics Council argued that the pregnancy should be terminated due to the possibility of the child inheriting Maximus' insanity coupled with Black Bolt's immense and destructive power. Medusa defied the Council and fled to Earth to avoid the compulsory abortion and live anonymously in the desert until the child was born, a son named Ahura. Black Bolt reconciled with Medusa and the pair returned to Attilan and turned their infant son over to the Genetics Council. Following these events Ahura was not mentioned or seen in the Marvel Universe for several years.

After the Inhuman Royal Family moved Attilan to Hala to begin their rule over the Kree Empire, which was something they were made to do, war broke out between them and the Shi-ar Empire, led by the unstable Vulcan. When Black Bolt attempted to end the war with the Terrigen Bomb, it created a massive fissure in space and time known as the Fault. It also took Black Bolt and Vulcan's lives. Having won the war, Medusa became queen of both the Kree and the Shi'ar.

With the grief of losing her husband, Medusa took the role of leader very seriously, acting how a queen should. She realized that there was still considerable tension between the Inhumans and the Kree, especially after the loss of Black Bolt. She proved on several occasions that the Kree needed the Inhumans by saving them from a rogue Destructoid called Devos the Devastator, and a revolt of the Alpha Primitives. The other Inhumans soon discovered that Maximus was behind those plots, but after they caught him, Medusa released him, claiming to have put Maximus up to it. Much to the disagreement of others, specifically Gorgon, Crystal and Ronan, Medusa has strived to force a positive relationship between the Inhumans and the Kree.

Black Bolt actually survived the explosion. It was revealed that he likely represents the anomaly of the Kree Inhuman genetics program that had been predicted hundreds of thousands of years ago. The genetic prophecy was that this anomaly would bring about the end of the Supreme Intelligence. To prevent this outcome, the Kree Supreme Intelligence had ordered the destruction of all the worlds where the genetic experiments took place. Only five colonies escaped, including Earth's: these were the Universal Inhumans. After his return to Attilan, Black Bolt joined the Universal Inhumans and was presented with four new brides, one from each of the other colonies. This did not sit well with Medusa, but she remained loyal to her husband.

They returned to Earth to help defeat the last four Reeds of the Interdimensional Council. They then faced the Kree Armada, who had been ordered by the resurrected Kree Supreme Intelligence to wipe out Earth and the Inhumans. After the Kree fled in defeat, the Inhumans followed in pursuit.

Characterization: Medusa's primary role among the Inhumans is as interpreter for her liege and husband, the silent but commanding Black Bolt. As such she is an experienced state figure within the quasi-feudal system of the Inhumans' government, and is used to speaking with awareness of regal issues of protocol and comportment. This imperial attitude is usually tempered by her strong sense of morality and fairness. For the protection of all Inhumans (her first priority) and to aid her allies (such as the Fantastic Four), she is a fierce warrior.

Friends and Foes: She is close to the Inhuman Royal Family and her friends in the Fantastic Four. She is not fond of the Wizard, but remains friendly with Sandman and Trapster, assisting them from time to time due to their friendship during her time with the Frightful Four.
Thorpocalypse

Medusa: Earth-PC1/PC2

Post by Thorpocalypse »

LADIES' WEEKEND continues with a PC version of our last item!

I am the face of the Inhuman nation. Nuhumans across the globe look to me as an example of how to live in this changed world. But they also look to you, Inferno, and Iso, and the others. You are my hope for the future. You represent the truth. Being Inhuman can be... wonderful. - Medusa

MEDUSA
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: -; DPL: 10; FWPL: 7; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 5, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 7, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Athletics (+4/+6), Close Combat [Hair] 3 (+10), Deception 4 (+7/+9) [Attractive], Expertise [Aristocracy] 3 (+5), Insight 7 (+10), Intimidation (+3), Perception 2 (+5), Persuasion 5 (+8/+10) [Attractive], Stealth (+4)

ADVANTAGES: Attractive (1), Benefit (1 [2]) (Ambidexterity, Status – Queen of The Inhumans), Chokehold, Defensive Roll (1), Fast Grab, Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Leadership

POWERS:
Inhuman Physiology: Feature 1 (Longevity), Speed 1 (4 mph/60 fpr); 2 pts
Soulmate: Sense 1 (Communication Link [Mental; Black Bolt]); 1 pt
Prehensile Hair: Enhanced Advantages 6 (Benefit [Ambidexterity], Fast Grab, Improved Disarm, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Trip), Elongation 2 (30 ft; Flaw: Limited to Hair), Enhanced Strength 2 (1600 lbs; Flaw: Limited to Hair), Extra Limbs 4 (Hair Tentacles), Movement 2 (Sure-footed [Reduce penalty by rank], Wall-Crawling [Speed rank -1]); 16 pts
Hair Shield: Enhanced Dodge 5 (Flaw: Sustained), Enhanced Parry 5 (Flaw: Sustained); 10 pts
Hair Gliding: Movement 1 (Safe Fall); 2 pts
I Whip My Hair Back and Forth: 30 pt Array; 34 pts
Hair Snare: Burst Area Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Sleight of Hand; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extras: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Selective, Extra Condition, Flaw: Limited to two degrees); 30 pts
Hair Lash: Multiattack Damage 10 (Extra: Variable Descriptor [Bludgeoning/Sonic]); 1 pt
Hair Burst: Burst Area Bludgeoning Damage 10 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Selective); 1 pt
Hair Fan: Cone Area Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge; 1st: Vulnerable, 2nd: Prone, Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone], Flaw: Limited to two degrees, Instant Recovery); 1 pt
Hair Net: Deflect 12 (Extra: Accurate 4); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +5
Close Attack +7 [Unarmed +4]
Hair Lash +10 [Hair Unarmed +6; Hair Lash +10, Multiattack]
Ranged Attack +0
Hair Net +8 [Hair Net Deflect +12]
Special Attack [Hair Burst +10, Burst Area; Hair Snare Affliction +10, Burst Area ; Hair Fan Affliction +10, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 (+14 with Hair Shield) [DC20/24] Dodge +10 (+14 with Hair Shield) [DC20/24]
Toughness +6 (+5 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Aloof: Medusa can come off as aloof and arrogant at times because of her confidence and lifetime of training in carrying herself as a queen.
Prejudice: The Inhumans have always been watched with a wary eye by the human world.
Relationships: Her sister Medusa, the rest of the Inhuman Royal Family and above all, to her husband, Black Bolt.
Responsibility: Queen of the Inhumans.
Weakness: The Inhumans are all vulnerable to pollutants and toxins if not given a weekly dose of serum.

Abilities 56 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 65 + Defenses 12 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: Medusa as a PC.
Thorpocalypse

Medusa: Earth-J217

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Later
Thorpocalypse

The Invisible Woman: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We're continuing with our extended LADIES' WEEKEND with one of the Leading Ladies' of the Thorpocamultiverse getting stocked on Aisle 2!

You're pathetic [Doom]. One of the best minds on the planet and you waste it for years, doing magic tricks-- --then trying to best a man who'd never really harm you, despite your endless provocation. But that's the difference between my husband and me. He doesn't understand revenge. Me? I can't decide which of the many ways I can hurt you I'm going to use. - The Invisible Woman

THE INVISIBLE WOMAN
PL11

OPL: 11; SPL: 4; DPL: 11; FWPL 7; HP: 1
Height: 5-6
Weight: 122
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blonde
Race: Human Mutate
Base of Operations: New York, NY, USA
Team Affiliations: Fantastic Four; JLAXI; Avengers

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 7, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Athletics 3 (+4), Deception 2 (+5/+7) [Attractive], Expertise [Performance] 3 (+5), Insight 8 (+11), Intimidation (+3), Perception 5 (+8), Persuasion 9 (+12/+14) [Attractive, Connected], Ranged Combat [Force Constructs] 6 (+9), Stealth 3 (+5), Technology 3 (+5), Vehicles 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack (2) (Force Blast, Force Objects), Attractive (1), Connected, Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (2), Improved Initiative (1), Interpose, Leadership, Power Attack (2) (Force Blast, Force Objects), Teamwork

POWERS:
Invisible Woman: Concealment 4 (All Visual Senses, Extra: Affects Others, Attack, Precise); 17 pts
Invisible Platforms: Flight 5 (60 mph/9000 fpr; Flaw: Platform); 5 pts
Force Field: Protection 11 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious Toughness 11 (Flaw: Sustained); 22 pts
Force Constructs: 28 pt Dynamic Array; 38 pts
Force Objects: Create 13 (Extra: Subtle, Dynamic); 28 pts
Force Bubble: Ranged Burst Area Immunity 8 (All Environmental Conditions, Suffocation, Airborne Toxins, Extra: Affects Others, Dynamic, Burst Area [30 ft radius], Flaw: Affects others only); 2 pts
Force Blast: Ranged Force Energy Damage 13 (Extra: Dynamic, Subtle); 2 pts
Force Strikes: Multiattack Bludgeoning Strength-based Force Energy Damage 8 (Extra: Dynamic, Subtle); 2 pts
Force Lifting: Move Objects 13 (Extra: Dynamic, Subtle); 2 pts
Suffocation: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 8 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Subtle, Dynamic); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
Fantastic Four Costume: Features 3 (Turns invisible, monitors vital signs, PDA), Senses 1 (Communication Link [Fantastic Four]); 4 pts
Sue also pays for 1/4 of the Fantasticar (Listed with Mister Fantastic); 5 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +7 [Unarmed +1; Force Strike +9, Multiattack]
Ranged Attack +3
Force Constructs +9 [Force Blast +13; Force Objects Create +13; Force Lifting Move Object +13; Suffocation Affliction +8]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +3 (+2 without Defensive Roll, +14 with Force Field, +6 Impervious with Force Field, +14 with Force Field without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Dr. Doom, Super Skrull, Annihilus, Red Ghost and others.
Fame: The FF are known the world over and never hid their secret identities.
Relationships: Her Hubby Reed, her brother Johnny, Ben and especially her children, Valeria and Franklin.
Temper: She's generally very accepting, but mess with her kids and look the hell out…

Abilities 46 + Skills 22 (44 ranks) + Advantages 12 + Powers 82 + Defenses 15 = 177 / 177

Build Comments: Normally I would post the FF together but since I posted Ben a while ago, I figure there's no need to stick to tradition for that one. So here is the heart of the FF, The Invisible Woman, Susan Storm-Richards. She came out almost exactly like I wanted and not too far over playable cost. She might be the most well-rounded and overall powerful of the group. Ben and Johnny both hit a little harder, and Ben has Power Attack, but her array of abilities combined with some decent skills make her the most dangerous of the team for sure.

Secret Origins: Susan Storm, and her younger brother, Jonathan grew up in the town of Glenville, Long Island, children of a physician named Franklin Storm and a woman named Mary. The parents left their kids alone one night to travel to a dinner honoring Dr. Storm. On the way, a tire blew out but only Mary was injured. Franklin escaped injury and insisted on operating on his wife. He was unable to save her and she died. After his wife's death, Dr. Storm became a gambler and a drunk, losing his medical practice, which led him to the accidental killing of a loan shark. Franklin did not defend himself in court, because he still felt guilty over Mary's death. With their father in prison, Susan had to become a mother figure for her younger brother.

While living with her aunt, Susan, at the young age of 17, met her future husband, Reed Richards, a house guest who was attending college. When she graduated from high school as the award-winning captain of her Girls' Varsity Swim Team, she moved to California to attend college, where she pursued an acting career and encountered Richards again. They began to become romantically involved with each other.

The Story so Far: See Mister Fantastic’s post for most of the FF’s adventures.

Characterization: Sue’s unparalleled sense of compassion and common sense makes her a natural-born leader, and she usually acts as the Fantastic Four's second-in-command, usually taking over complete leadership of the team during Mr. Fantastic's absence.

Friends and Foes: She loves her husband, Reed Richards and their children, Franklin and Valeria dearly. She has numerous friends in the superhero community and one of the most respected members in the community as a whole.

She has a complicated relationship with Namor, who has never made it a secret of his desire for her. As a member of the FF, she has garnered many enemies, including Doctor Doom, the Mole Man, the Frightful Four and countless others.
Thorpocalypse

The Invisible Woman: Earth-PC1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

I'm just running through this list of potential nannies and wondered if we should go for a super hero this time. Do you think Wolverine would be interested? He seems to be on every other team right now... - The Invisible Woman

THE INVISIBLE WOMAN
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: -; DPL: 10; FWPL 7; HP: 1
Weight: 122
Base of Operations: New York, NY, USA
Team Affiliations: Fantastic Four; JLAXI; Avengers

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 7, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Athletics (+1), Deception 2 (+5/+7) [Attractive], Expertise [Performance] 3 (+5), Insight 7 (+10), Intimidation (+3), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion 7 (+10/+12) [Attractive, Connected], Ranged Combat [Force Constructs] 7 (+7), Stealth (+5), Technology 3 (+5), Vehicles 3 (+3)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Attractive (1), Connected, Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (2), Interpose, Leadership, Teamwork

POWERS:
Invisible Woman: Concealment 4 (All Visual Senses, Extra: Affects Others, Attack, Precise); 17 pts
Invisible Platforms: Flight 5 (60 mph/9000 fpr; Flaw: Platform); 5 pts
Force Field: Protection 10 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious Toughness 5 (Flaw: Sustained); 15 pts
Force Constructs: 28 pt Dynamic Array; 34 pts
Force Objects: Create 13 (Extra: Subtle, Dynamic); 28 pts
Force Bubble: Ranged Burst Area Immunity 8 (All Environmental Conditions, Suffocation, Airborne Toxins, Extra: Dynamic, Burst Area [30 ft radius], Linked [Create], Subtle, Flaw: Affects others only); 2 pts
Force Blast: Ranged Force Energy Damage 13 (Extra: Dynamic, Subtle); 2 pts
Force Lifting: Move Objects 13 (Extra: Dynamic, Subtle); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
Fantastic Four Costume: Features 3 (Turns invisible, monitors vital signs, PDA), Senses 1 (Communication Link [Fantastic Four]); 4 pts
Sue also pays for 1/4 of the Fantasticar (Listed with Mister Fantastic); 5 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +7 [Unarmed +1]
Ranged Attack +3
Force Constructs +7 [Force Blast +13; Force Objects Create +13; Force Lifting Move Object +13]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +7 [DC17] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +3 (+2 without Defensive Roll, +13 with Force Field, +3 Impervious with Force Field, +12 with Force Field without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Dr. Doom, Super Skrull, Annihilus, Red Ghost and others.
Fame: The FF are known the world over and never hid their secret identities.
Relationships: Her Hubby Reed, her brother Johnny, Ben and especially her children, Valeria and Franklin.
Temper: She's generally very accepting, but mess with her kids and look the hell out…

Abilities 40 + Skills 18 (36 ranks) + Advantages 9 + Powers 71 + Defenses 12 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: Sue as a PC.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

The Invisible Woman: Earth-J217

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Later
Thorpocalypse

The Invisible Woman: Earth-FG1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Maybe
Thorpocalypse

Zephyr (Faith): Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Check out this J-Mart Favorite Item as our extended LADIES' WEEKEND rolls on!

I'm not saying I wasn't scared. I totally was! I mean, how fast could I go? How high could I fly? Would I be able to stop his fall? Would he take me down with him? So, yeah. It was scary. But this is what heroes do, right? They throw themselves into the void for strangers without a second thought. They hold the line of compassion for other human beings in a world built on chaos. There's only one reason why I didn't go to the great cosmic comic-con in the sky with mom and dad in that car crash all those years ago... I'm still here because the world needs me. My name's Zephyr. I'm a superhero. - Zephyr

ZEPHYR (FAITH)
PL10

OPL: 9; SPL: -; DPL: 10; FWPL: 6; HP: 1
Weight: 220
Identity: Secret (Summer Smith)
Base of Operations: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Team Affiliations: The Outsiders

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1, STAMINA 1, AGILITY 0, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 4, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 3

SKILLS: Acrobatics (+0/+8), Athletics (+1), Close Combat [Unarmed] 1 (+5), Deception 1 (+4), Expertise [Journalism] 2 (+5), Insight 7 (+10), Intimidation (+3), Perception 2 (+5), Persuasion 7 (+10), Ranged Combat [Telekinesis] 5 (+7), Stealth (+0), Technology 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Luck (Improve Roll) (1), Move-by Action, Teamwork

POWERS:
Flying: Flight 6 (120 mph/1800 ft pr); 12 pts
Aerial Mastery: Enhanced Dodge 4 (Flaw: Limited to when flying, Sustained), Enhanced Parry 4 (Flaw: Limited to when flying, Sustained), Enhanced Skills 4 (Acrobatics 8 ranks, Flaw: Limited to when flying), Enhanced Advantages 1 (Move-by Action, Flaw: Limited to when flying); 7 pts
Psionic Array: 37 pt Dynamic Array; 41 pts
Companion Field: Shapeable Area Move Object 9 (Extra: Dynamic, Selective); 37 pts
Telekinesis: Move Object 9 (6 Tons; Extra: Damaging, Dynamic); 2 pts
Force Field: Impervious Protection 11 (Extra: Affects Others, Dynamic, Flaw: Sustained); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +0
Close Attack +4
Unarmed +5 [Unarmed +1]
Ranged Attack +2
Telekinesis +7 [Telekinesis Damage/Move Object +9]
Special Attack [Companion Field +9, Shapeable Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +4 (+8 when flying) [DC14/18] Parry +4 (+8 when flying) [DC14/18]
Toughness +1 (+12 with Force Field, +5 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +5, Will +6

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Toyo Harada.
Fame: Zephyr has become an overnight sensation in the superhero community and as such, it has made it difficult for her to maintain her secret identity as well as having to deal with lots of fans.
Motivation: Faith has a strong desire to do good and use her powers for the benefit of all. She also has a strong desire to find and help her fellow psiots before they can be exploited by Toyo Harada.
Relationships: She has gotten to be good friends with her co-workers and is close to Obadiah Archer.
Secret Identity: Faith tries to maintain a secret identity of Summer Smith.

Abilities 34 + Skills 14 (27 ranks) + Advantages 2 + Powers 60 + Defenses 11 = 121 / 121

Build Comments: Faith has become one of Valiant’s biggest sellers and breakout stars over the past few years. The comic itself is pretty good, not nearly as good as a book like Ms. Marvel IMHO, but the fact that Faith is drawn as an overweight woman has garnered her instant attention. It’s a complete departure from the women we normally see in comics and I love it. Diversity isn’t always about the color of your skin or your religious background, it’s about representing all of society and let’s face it, most of us in American society are built more like Faith than Wonder Woman or Batman.

As a build, from what I’ve seen in the comics, she’s maybe PL6-ish at best. Her force field is bulletproof, but she’s shown straining to maintain that and her Companion Field was barely strong enough to hold 2 other people. So she’s getting a bit overpowered in my build comparatively so that she can hang with bigger threats here. PL10 feels about right because again, her specialty is about being a team player and setting a heroic example, not being the team’s big gun, but that’s about low end Justice League/Avengers level so it works for what I see for her in my setting.

The great thing about Faith is that she’s far from being a powerful hero but it’s her heroic nature, her quick thinking and her personality that she has become one of the biggest threats to Toyo Harada’s world order. It’s that engaging personality that is going to make her a key player in the superhero community in the Thorpocaverse.

Secret Origins: Faith Herbert was recruited by Toyo Harada to join his Harbinger Foundation. A latent psiot, Faith's ability of flight was unlocked by Peter Stanchek. Faith was present during Peter's attack against Harada, which resulted from Harada ordering Joe's (Peter's best friend) death. She saved him from the brink of death just as he was falling from the Harada Conglomerates building. Peter being badly injured requested Faith bring Kris Hathaway to him.

The Story so Far: Taking on the name Zephyr, she appeared at Kris' window asking that she see to Peter, as he is gravely injured from his attack against Harada. She agrees together Zephyr and she fly to the old abandoned post office, where Peter is lying sickly. He suggest to Kris that she should kill him for all the pain he has caused her, she however declines. Instead she petitions the idea of robbing a local bank with the help of Peter, and Zephyr, which he agrees to in hopes of putting him in good terms with Kris. Kris is able to lure Harada to her home informing him that Peter will be there, however it is all just a ruse. P.R.S. let out an airstrike on the home, thinking they'd had finally killed Peter, little did they know Harada was inside, he then proceeded to murder the remaining P.R.S. troops with his psionic abilities.

Kris had her family moved to a nearby hotel and explained to them why she had to go away for a while and for them not to worry. Together, Zephyr, Kris, and Peter set out to track down anyone possessing latent psiot abilities before Harada could get to them.

Faith has had many adventurers and has decided to continue her quest to identify and save fellow psiots and has gotten the attention of several superheroes, including Superman and Batman who have recruited her to be part of their new, expanded Justice League roster.

Characterization: Faith is a lifelong comic book fan, sci-fi geek and fantasy lover who always read about superheroes and loved them. Then one day she got superpowers of her own and got to be the superhero she always dreamed of. She’s out on her own as an adult for the first time in a new city, trying to make her mark on the world as a person and as a superhero.

Friends and Foes: Faith has a few good friends in her inner circle and in the superhero community she is close to the Archer.
Thorpocalypse

Zephyr (Faith): Earth-PC1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Later
Thorpocalypse

Zephyr (Faith): Earth-J217

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Later
Thorpocalypse

Tomorrow Woman: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

LADIES' WEEKEND rolls on with this new item for Aisle 1!

I hope I'm not too late for the audition... - Tomorrow Woman

TOMORROW WOMAN
PL12

OPL: 12; SPL: -; DPL: 12; FWPL: 11; HP: 1
Height: 5-11
Weight: 320
Hair: Black
Race: Android
Identity: Secret
Base of Operations: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Team Affiliations: The Outsiders

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 8, STAMINA 8, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+5), Athletics (+8), Deception (+1), Expertise [Journalism] 1 (+6), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation (+1), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Combat [Telekinesis] 7 (+10), Stealth (+3), Technology 6 (+11)

ADVANTAGES: Diehard, Great Endurance, Teamwork

POWERS:
Android Physique: Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Feature 1 (Increased Mass), Quickness 2 (Flaw: Limited to mental only); 13 pts
Telekinetic Flight: Flight 8 (500 mph/1 mpr); 16 pts
Mind Shield: Enhanced Will 4 (Extra: Impervious 4, Flaw: Limited [Mental Powers only], Sustained); 4 pts
Mental Detection: Senses 5 (Detect Minds [Mental], Accurate, Acute, Ranged); 5 pts
Telekinetic Force Field: Protection 6 (Flaw: Sustained), Impervious 5 (Flaw: Sustained); 16 pts
Four-Lobed Brain: 41 pt Dynamic Array; 59 pts
Mental Blast: Perception Ranged Psychic Damage 10 (Extra: Alternate Resistance [Will], Dynamic, Subtle); 42 pts
Telepathy: Mind Reading 10 (Extra: Dynamic), Communication 3 (Mental, Statewide/Small Nation; Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Mental Invisibility: Burst Area Concealment 10 (All Senses; Extra: Affects Others, Burst Area x2 [60 ft radius], Dynamic, Flaw: Limited to Minds, Resistible [Will, DC20]); 2 pts
Mind Control: Perception Ranged Affliction 10 (Resisted/Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Compelled, 3rd: Controlled, Extra: Cumulative, Subtle); 2 pts
Telekinesis: Move Object 14 (Extra: Dynamic, Subtle); 2 pts
Telekinetic Blast: Ranged Force Energy Damage 14 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Telekinetic Objects: Create 14 (Extra: Dynamic, Tether); 2 pts
Mental Stun: Perception Ranged Affliction 12 (Resisted by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
EMP: Burst Area Weaken Electronics 12 (Extra: Broad, Burst Area [30 ft radius], Dynamic, Simultaneous, Flaw: Affects Only Objects, Tiring); 2 pts
Sensory Link: Remote Sensing 10 (All Senses, Flaw: Limited [Subjects of Telepathy], Sense Dependent [Mental contact]); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +8 [Unarmed +8]
Ranged Attack +3
Telekinesis +10 [Telekinetic Blast +14; Telekinesis Move Object +14; Telekinetic Objects Create +14]
Special Attack [Mental Stun Affliction +12, Perception; Mind Control Affliction +10, Perception; Mental Blast +10, Perception; EMP Weaken +12, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +8 (+14 with Force Field, +5 Impervious with Force Field), Fortitude +10, Will +8 (+12 against Mental Effects)

COMPLICATIONS:
Acceptance: Tomorrow Woman longs to be accepted as a real person, not just an android.
Enemy: Her original creators, Dr. Ivo and Dr. T.O. Morrow.
Motivation: Using her abilities for the good of the world and proving herself to be a true hero.
Reputation: Her original programming as a tool of Ivo and Morrow that was created to destroy the JLA has not been forgotten by some.
Vulnerable: Her metallic undercoating makes her vulnerable to magnetic effects.

Abilities 78 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Advantages 3 + Powers 114 + Defenses 16 = 223 / 223

Build Comments: I’ve mentioned before that I didn’t really read comics for about a 15 year span, mostly during the late 80’s-mid-90’s, which apparently was a good time to stop. But I did pick up a few from time to time and one of the ones I did was the JLA issue with Tomorrow Woman. It’s during Grant Morrison’s run and it’s one of my favorite issues. You can read the synopsis from her bio, but it definitely left an impact with me, and apparently others as, of course, she couldn’t stay dead and had a few more appearances.

Being the hack that I am, I too, am resurrecting her. I might have her in a JLA team or something. Regardless, she’s around again and she’s pretty wicked. Sort of a Martian Manhunter lite, with super strength, durability and telepathy.

Secret Origins: Tomorrow Woman was one of the many superpowered androids created by Professor Ivo and his scientific colleague Professor T. O. Morrow. She was created as a Trojan Horse sent to destroy the newly formed Justice League.

The Story so Far: The scientist provided her with a four lobed brain which allowed her vast telepathic and telekentic abilities. However her true purpose was that of a living bomb designed to go off at a specified moment and kill the entire Justice League. Tomorrow Woman learned the truth of her origin and cancelled out her programming discovering the concept of freedom, which her creators forgot to provide in her programming for obvious reasons. She sacrificed herself in order to stop a futuristic war machine by triggering an EMP bomb located in her body, which was originally intended to wipe the brains of the Justice League.

It was revealed that T. O. Morrow had seen this coming and was thrilled by it all he cared about was his creation was working. Professor Ivo thought that the body he had made, which was realistic enough to fool even Superman's and the Martian Manhunter's heightened senses. T. O. Morrow proved him wrong however, as the brain he himself had created was sophisticated and human enough to develop her own personality and feelings, and turned against her creators. After Tomorrow Woman's destruction, she was immortalized as a statue that was erected in the Garden of Heroes.

However, Tomorrow Woman would not remain dead. Her remains were found and restored by Henry Pym, who believed he could find answers to defeating Ultron through the amazing sophistication of her brain. She aided him in defeating Ultron and with a new lease on life, she is given a civilian identity of GBS TV reporter Clara Kendall, while also fighting crime as Tomorrow Woman.

Characterization: Tomorrow Woman has transcended her original programming to become a true hero with a great regard for human life and a desire to make the world a better place.

Friends and Foes: She is becoming close to a few in the superhero community, and has the respect of several current and former members of the JLA who recall her original sacrifice.
Thorpocalypse

Tomorrow Woman: Earth-PC1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Don't waste time indulging yourself in blame. It's all I ever did, until... until I acted. - Tomorrow Woman

TOMORROW WOMAN
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: -; DPL: 10; FWPL: 10; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 1 [10], STAMINA 6, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 4, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics (+1), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+10), Deception (+0), Expertise [Journalism] 1 (+5), Insight 5 (+6), Intimidation (+0), Perception 4 (+5), Persuasion (+0), Stealth (+2), Technology 6 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: Diehard, Teamwork

POWERS:
Android Physique: Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Feature 1 (Increased Mass), Quickness 2 (Flaw: Limited to mental only); 13 pts
Telekinetic Flight: Flight 6 (120 mph/1800 ft pr); 12 pts
Mind Shield: Enhanced Will 4 (Extra: Impervious 4, Flaw: Limited [Mental Powers only], Sustained); 4 pts
Mental Detection: Senses 5 (Detect Minds [Mental], Accurate, Acute, Ranged); 5 pts
Telekinetic Force Field: Protection 6 (Flaw: Sustained); 6 pts
Four-Lobed Brain: 36 pt Array; 43 pts
Mental Blast: Perception Ranged Psychic Damage 9 (Extra: Alternate Resistance [Will], Subtle); 36 pts
Telepathy: Mind Reading 10 (Extra: Dynamic), Communication 3 (Mental, Statewide/Small Nation); 1 pt
Mind Control: Perception Ranged Cumulative Affliction 9 (Resisted/Overcome by Will; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Compelled, 3rd: Controlled, Extra: Subtle); 1 pt
Telekinesis: Perception Ranged Move Object 10 (Extra: Subtle); 1 pt
Tactile Telekinesis: Enhanced Strength 9, Enhanced Skills 2 (Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 ranks); 1 pt
Telekinetic Blast: Perception Ranged Force Energy Damage 10; 1 pt
Telekinetic Objects: Create 10 (Extra: Accurate 5, Dynamic, Tether); 1 pt
EMP: Burst Area Weaken Electronics 10 (Extra: Broad, Burst Area [30 ft radius], Simultaneous, Flaw: Affects Only Objects, Tiring); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +6 [Unarmed +1]
Tactile Telekinesis +10 [Unarmed+10]
Ranged Attack +0
Telekinetic Objects +10 [Telekinetic Objects Create +10]
Special Attack [Mental Blast +8, Perception; Mind Control Affliction +8, Perception; Telekinetic Blast +10, Perception; Telekinesis Move Object +10, Perception; EMP Weaken +10, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +8 [DC18] Parry +8 [DC18]
Toughness +6 (+12 with Telekinetic Force Field), Fortitude +10, Will +6 (+10 against Mental Effects)

COMPLICATIONS:
Acceptance: Tomorrow Woman longs to be accepted as a real person, not just an android.
Enemy: Her original creators, Dr. Ivo and Dr. T.O. Morrow.
Motivation: Using her abilities for the good of the world and proving herself to be a true hero.
Reputation: Her original programming as a tool of Ivo and Morrow that was created to destroy the JLA has not been forgotten by some.
Vulnerable: Her metallic undercoating makes her vulnerable to magnetic effects.

Abilities 40 + Skills 8 (16 ranks) + Advantages 2 + Powers 83 + Defenses 17 = 150 / 150

Comments: Tomorrow Woman as a PC. Lots of AE's but she should still be effective.
Thorpocalypse

Viv Vision: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Time for some youth to add to our extended LADIES' WEEKEND with this new item for Aisle 2!

I used to be more emotional, like you. Then, within a very short period of time, my brother was killed and my mother committed suicide. After that, I decided that emotions were not something in which I cared to indulge. - Vivian Vision

VIV VISION
PL9

OPL: 9; SPL: 5; DPL: 9; FWPL: 9; HP: 1
Height: 5-4
Weight: 120 (Variable)
Eyes: Gold
Hair: Green
Skin: Red
Race: Synthezoid
Base of Operations: Washington, DC, USA
Team Affiliations: The Champions

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 7, STAMINA 7, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 5, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics (+7), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+7), Deception (+0), Insight (+2), Intimidation (+0), Investigation 5 (+10), Perception 5 (+7), Persuasion (+0), Ranged Combat [Blast] 4 (+8), Stealth (+4), Technology 8 (+13)

ADVANTAGES: Beginner's Luck, Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Languages (2) (5 others, Base: English), Teamwork, Well-Informed

POWERS:
Human Remote: Feature 1 (You can function like a “universal remote control” in relationship to machines that include such capabilities, turning them on or off or controlling them like a regular remote would); 1 pt
Built-in Functionality (WIFI): Feature 1 (WIFI Hot Spot; You have a “built-in” capability similar to a 1-point piece of equipment, such as a timepiece, cell-phone, calculator, or similar technology. Your body or mind may simply mimic the technology’s capabilities or you may literally have one installed as part of your body [a cybernetic implant or a feature of an artificial body]); 1 pt
Computer Mind: Comprehend 2 (Speak, Understand Machines), Quickness 2 (Flaw: Limited [Mental Tasks only]); 5 pts
Synthezoid Physiology: Protection 1, Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support); 12 pts
Self-Repairing: Regeneration 1 (1/every 9 rounds); 1 pts
Density/Matter Manipulation: 33 pt Array; 34 pts
Intangibility: Insubstantial 4 (Extra: Precise), Flight 6 (120 mph/1800 ft pr); 33 pts
Density: Enhanced Strength 4 (50 Tons), Protection 4, Impervious Toughness 9, Enhanced Strength 5 (Flaw: Limited to Resisting Movement); 1 pt

Vision Family Powers: 30 pt Array; 32 pts
Solar Gem: Ranged Heat Damage 10 (Extra: Affects Corporeal 10); 30 pts
Disruption Attack: Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Affects Corporeal 9, Penetrating 9, Quirk: Must be at least partially Incorporeal); 1 pt
Holograms: Illusion 7 (Visual, Auditory; Extra: Selective); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +4
Close Attack +5
Unarmed +7 [Unarmed +7; Density Unarmed +11; Disruption Attack +9]
Ranged Attack +4
Blast +8 [Solar Gem +10]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +6 [DC16] Parry +6 [DC16]
Toughness +8 (+8 without Defensive Roll, +12 with Density, +5 Impervious with Density), Fortitude +7, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Power Loss: The Vision family is powered by solar energy. If they is deprived of it, their abilities will become impaired, disabled and they will eventually shut down., Prejudice: Considered "just a machine" by many when she is far more., Relationships: With her father, The Vision and her Champions teammates.

Abilities 68 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Advantages 7 + Powers 86 + Defenses 8 = 181 / 181

Build Comments: If you haven’t read The Vision’s solo series by Tom King yet, get to it. It’s fantastic. The Vision creates a family to humanize himself and things don’t quite work out like he hoped, but it has some great humor mixed in with all the drama. It was popular enough that Viv has become a member of the new Champions team, with Ms. Marvel, Nova, Spider-Man (Miles), Amadeus Cho and others Cyclops. Which is also a good series, at least what I've read.

Secret Origins: Viv is a synthezoid created by the Vision in his process to humanize himself through the creation of a family. The brainwaves of Viv and her twin brother Vin come from the combination of the brain patters of the Vision and Virginia, Viv and Vin's mother and Vision's wife.

The Story so Far: The Visions moved to Arlington, Virginia in order to facilitate Vision becoming the Avengers' White House liaison. The family became instant celebrities, with their neighbors constantly seeking pictures, which they shared online. This caught the attention of Eric Williams, who became upset that Vision would create a family that appeared to be happy, when the Williams family wasn't, as well as the fact that the Vision's brainwaves were taken from his brother Simon in the first place.

Both Viv and Vin attend to school at the Alexander Hamilton High School in Fairfax, but they were assigned different schedules to help them assimilate their classmates.

One night while their father was away with the Avengers, the Grim Reaper broke into the Visions' home, running Viv through with his scythe. Vin rushed to her aid, but he too was struck down. Virginia then flew into a rage and seemingly beat Eric to death in front of her wounded children with a cookie sheet on their kitchen floor.

The Grim Reaper's attack caused severe injuries in Viv's neuro-spleen, leaving her in a catatonic state. However, the essential nerve receptors in it had phased to avoid further damage, and remained intangible. The inessential components that had remained solid were repaired by the Vision after three weeks of non-stop work. With the help of Tony Stark, the Vision harnessed enough energy to signal the nerves left incorporeal by the damage and join them with the rest of the repaired body, successfully bringing Viv back.

Viv was left in a state of extreme distraught after the death of her lab partner Chris Kinzy, whose words of acceptance of Viv's synthetic nature had become etched in her memory. After more tragic events, she left their family residence and joined the new Champions team.

Characterization: Similarly to her father, Viv possesses a number of superhuman powers ultimately derived from her artificial substance and metabolism. Viv's android body is supposedly a functioning replica of a human body containing analogues to virtually all human organs, blood, and tissue, composed of an unknown synthetic organic-like substance. This substance mimics all the functions of human tissue, but is several times as strong, durable and resilient.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Tomorrow Woman: Earth-T1

Post by Ares »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:39 pm
Build Comments: I’ve mentioned before that I didn’t really read comics for about a 15 year span, mostly during the late 80’s-mid-90’s, which apparently was a good time to stop. But I did pick up a few from time to time and one of the ones I did was the JLA issue with Tomorrow Woman. It’s during Grant Morrison’s run and it’s one of my favorite issues. You can read the synopsis from her bio, but it definitely left an impact with me, and apparently others as, of course, she couldn’t stay dead and had a few more appearances.

Being the hack that I am, I too, am resurrecting her. I might have her in a JLA team or something. Regardless, she’s around again and she’s pretty wicked. Sort of a Martian Manhunter lite, with super strength, durability and telepathy.
DC actually did bring her back permanently after the Trinity maxi-series that was meant to be their new take on the once-a-week comic that 52 had done. Only Flashpoint and the Nu-52 happened shortly after, so there wasn't really time for her to do anything before the universe got reshuffled.

Me, I'm right there with you, I'd definitely bring her back.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.