J-Mart: Kung Lao, Ken Masters, Captain Carter, John Preston

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Thorpocalypse

Re: J-Mart: Kursk, Tether Tyrant, Magmaniac, Atom Eve, Shang-Chi

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Goldar wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:48 pm Lohan Boxing? Is that the kind practiced by Michael and Lindsay??
I think their kind of fighting is a form of drunken master. :)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Thorpocalypse

Re: J-Mart: Atom Eve, Shang-Chi, Liu Kang

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:45 am Chunky EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVE. Dang I missed that version, lol. Screw the fans writing in to ask "When is Eve gonna get hot again?", lol.
I'm hip. Some people have no taste. ;)
catsi563 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:49 am may want to consider an immmoortality power for eve they showed several times that she basically cant die her power kicks in automatically when she does and reverts her back to life
True dat. I'll add it.
Thorpocalypse

Sub Zero: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Hmmmm...it seems to be getting KOLDER in here...

As the snow fall, so will you. - Sub Zero

SUB-ZERO
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 5; DPL: 10; FWPL: 7; HP: 1
Height: 6-2
Weight: 220
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Black
Skin: Olive
Race: Cryomancer
Identity: Public
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: Lin Kuei Temple, China
Team Affiliations: Earthrealm Warriors

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 13, INTELLEKT 1, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatiks 7 (+12), Athletiks 7 (+10), Klose Kombat [Unarmed] 2 (+15), Deception (+4), Expertise [Ninja] 9 (+10), Insight 6 (+10), Intimidation 3 (+7), Perception 6 (+10), Persuasion (+4), Ranged Kombat [Kold Kontrol] 2 (+10), Stealth 8 (+13)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (2) (Status, Resources – Grandmaster of the Lin Kuei), Defensive Attakk, Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (1), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Mandarin), Leadership, Move-by Aktion, Power Attakk (3) (Ice Blast, Kori Blade, Kori Daggers), Ranged Attakk (4), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Half-Outworld Kryomancer Physiology: Immunity 3 (Aging, Enviromental Kold, Own Powers), Movement 1 (Sure Footed); 5 pts
Freezing Teleport: Teleport 1 (60 ft; Extra: Change Direktion); 3 pts
Kryomancy: 29 pt Array; 35 pts
Freezing Ice: Ranged Kumulative Affliktion 10 (Ice; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Extra Kondition, Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50], Limited to two Degrees); 29 pts
Ground Ice: Line Area Affliktion 10 (Ice; Resisted by Dodge; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Prone, Extras: Line Area [30 ft line], Limited to two degrees, Instant Rekovery, Limited [Sub Zero must be on the ground, targets must be on the ground]); 1 pt
Ice Blast: Ranged Multiattakk Damage 8 (Extra: Akkurate, Indirekt [from above], Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50]) 1 pt
Ice Weapons: Strength-based Damage 3 (Extra: Dangerous, Variable Deskriptor [Bludgeoning/Piercing/Slashing]); 1 pt
Kori Daggers: Piercing Multiattakk Strength-based Damage 1 (Extra: Akkurate, Dangerous); 1 pt
Ice Dekoys: Koncealment 4 (All Visual Senses; Flaw: Limited [to Ice Dekoy Duplikates]); 1 pt
Ice Wall: Kreate 10 (Ice Objekts; Flaw: Diminished Range 2 [5/10/25]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Lin Kuei Uniform: Protection 1, Subtle; 2 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Klose Attakk +13 [Ice Weapons +6, Kritikal 19-20]
Kori Daggers +15 [Kori Daggers +4, Kritikal 19-20, Multiattakk]
Unarmed +15 [Unarmed +3]
Ranged Attakk +4
Kryomancy +10 [Freeze Affliktion +10; Ice Wall Kreate +10]
Ice Blast +12 [Ice Blast +8, Multiattakk]
Special Attakk [Ground Ice +10, Line Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +6 (+5 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +7

KOMPLIKATIONS:
Enemy: Shang Tsung, Quan Chi, Shao Kahn.
Responsibility: Win the Mortal Kombat Tournament and bring honor back to the Lin Kuei.
Rivalry: With Scorpion and Noob Saibot, who is his resurrected brother.

Abilities 76 + Skills 25 (50 ranks) + Advantages 17 + Powers 43 + Defenses 14 = 175 / 175

Build Comments: Liu Kang may be the “champion” of the MK series, but I don’t think anyone will debate that Sub Zero is the biggest crossover star. OK, you can debate Scorpion, but be prepared for a vigorous defense from my side for Sub-Zero! ;)

This version of Sub-Zero is build more to function in a MnM game setting moreso than how I built my MK characters before which is to be played in a “fighting game” type of setting. I’m going to have a version that works in that setting, too, of course, when I get more into my Earth-FG setting.

Secret Origins: There are two incarnations of Sub-Zero, and they are siblings: the older brother Bi-Han and younger brother Kuai Liang. The brothers were sons of a Chinese Cryomancer father and a human mother in Earthrealm. Cryomancers are an Outworld race possessing the ability to generate and control the powers of ice. Only the younger Sub-Zero would discover his heritage. Both are blue garbed warriors that have served the Lin Kuei.

It is known that the father of both brothers was a secret operative for the Lin Kuei in the United States. He married an American woman and together they had two sons. The brothers were kidnapped as children by the Lin Kuei and trained as ninja assassins.

The Story so Far: Bi-Han appeared as Sub-Zero in the first Mortal Kombat tourney, while Kuai Liang went by the codename "Tundra". After Bi-Han was murdered by Scorpion during the tournament, Kuai Liang swore revenge. He mastered the art of Ice and Cold, and took his brother's former code name: Sub-Zero. Driven by anger, Kuai Liang entered The Mortal Kombat Tournament with one goal: To destroy his brother's killer, and anyone else that gets in the way.

Bi Han later was resurrected by Quan Chi and became the undead Netherrealm wraith Noob Saibot and the two have come into conflict many times. Kuai Lang continues to try and undo the corruption in his undead brother’s soul, but so far as failed and he has a great hatred of Quan Chi for what he did.

While the younger Sub-Zero was depicted as a young Lin Kuei warrior who was living in the shadow of his older brother, he has since changed and grown into a warrior who has progressed towards the more humane sides of moral issues. This change in characteristics has not only strengthened him as a man, but has also set him apart from his former Lin Kuei counterparts. This included leaving his clan in disgust and breaking the sacred codes of honor, joining the rebellion against Shao Kahn and assisting Raiden and Liu Kang (along with Earthrealm's other chosen warriors).

Characterization: The younger Sub-Zero clearly shares many traits with his older brother, and was perhaps too similar to his brother upon his introduction. Like the elder, the younger Sub-Zero gives the impression of being a stern, distant and cold man who goes about his business silently, without attracting unwanted attention. However, as time progressed, Sub-Zero evolved into a man of great integrity and self-discipline.

He is a dependable ally of Earthrealm who is willing to assist when needed, especially when Raiden gives the call. He is without question one of the greatest and most powerful warriors that Earthrealm has to offer.

Friends and Foes: Sub-Zero and Scorpion were bitter enemies for ages because Scorpion’s belief that Bi-Han killed him and his family and in return he killed Bi-Han, making Kuai Lang seek him out for vengeance. Once it was revealed that Quan Chi was behind the death of Scorpion’s family, the two of them have reached a civil understanding and eventually could be considered an allies of the other.
Thorpocalypse

Sub-Zero: Earth-PC1/PC2

Post by Thorpocalypse »

You reestablish the Shirai-Ryu as I reform the Lin Kuei. We both seek to shed our clans' dark pasts. Dedicate them to Earthrealm's protection. Our common purpose gives us a chance to end old rivalries. To start anew. - Sub-Zero

SUB-ZERO
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 6; DPL: 10; FWPL: 7; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 14, INTELLEKT 1, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 2

SKILLS: Acrobatiks 7 (+12) [Agile Feint], Athletiks 6 (+9), Klose Kombat [Unarmed] 2 (+16), Deception (+2), Expertise [Ninja] 4 (+5), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation 4 (+6), Perception 4 (+7), Persuasion (+2), Ranged Combat [Kold Kontrol] 11 (+11), Stealth 9 (+13) [Skill Mastery]

ADVANTAGES: Agile Feint, Benefit (2) (Status, Resources – Grandmaster of the Lin Kuei), Defensive Attakk, Defensive Roll (2), Improved Kritikal (1) (Unarmed), Improved Initiative (1), Improved Trip, Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Mandarin), Move-by Action, Power Attakk, Skill Mastery (1) (Stealth), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Half-Outworld Kryomancer Physiology: Immunity 3 (Aging, Enviromental Kold, Own Powers), Movement 1 (Sure Footed); 5 pts
Kryomancy: 17 pt Array; 28 pts
Freezing Ice: Ranged Kumulative Affliktion 9 (Ice; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Extra Kondition, Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50], Limited to two Degrees, Limited [to 2 rounds in duration]); 17 pts
Ground Ice: Line Area Affliktion 10 (Ice; Resisted by Dodge; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Prone, Extras: Line Area [30 ft line], Flaws: Limited to two degrees, Instant Rekovery, Limited [Sub Zero must be on the ground, targets must be on the ground]); 1 pt
Ice Blast: Ranged Multiattakk Damage 5 (Extra: Akkurate, Indirekt [from above], Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50]) 1 pt
Kori Blade: Piercing Strength-based Damage 3 (Extra: Dangerous); 1 pt
Kori Daggers: Piercing Multiattakk Strength-based Damage 1 (Extra: Akkurate, Dangerous); 1 pt
Ice Dekoys: Koncealment 4 (All Visual Senses; Flaw: Limited [to Ice Dekoy Duplikates]); 1 pt
Ice Wall: Kreate 9 (Ice Objekts; Flaw: Diminished Range 2 [5/10/25]); 1 pt
Ice Slide: Speed 4 (30 mph/500 fpr); 1 pt
Ice Kounter: Reaktion Affliktion 5 (Resisted by Fortitude, Overkome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Extra Kondition, Reaktion [to being hit], Flaw: Limited to two Degrees, Unreliable [5 uses]); 1 pt
Freezing Teleport: Teleport 2 (120 ft; Extra: Linked [Affliktion]), Ranged Affliktion 9 (Resisted by Dodge; 1st: Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless, Extra: Linked [Teleport], Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50], Limited to two degrees, Unreliable [5 uses]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Klose Attakk +14 [Kori Blade +6, Kritikal 19-20; Ice Kounter Affliktion +5]
Kori Daggers +16 [Kori Daggers +4, Kritikal 19-20, Multiattakk]
Unarmed +16 [Unarmed +3, Kritikal 19-20]
Ranged Attakk +1
Kryomancy +11 [Freeze Affliktion +9; Ice Wall Create +9]
Ice Blast +13 [Ice Blast +5, Multiattakk]
Special Attakk [Ground Ice +10, Line Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +14 [DC24] Parry +14 [DC24]
Toughness +6 (+4 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +7

KOMPLIKATIONS:
Enemy: Shang Tsung, Quan Chi, Shao Kahn.
Responsibility: Win the Mortal Kombat Tournament and bring honor back to the Lin Kuei.
Rivalry: With Scorpion and Noob Saibot, who is his resurrected brother.

Abilities 64 + Skills 25 (50 ranks) + Advantages 14 + Powers 31 + Defenses 16 = 150 / 150
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Sub-Zero: Earth-FG

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Soon
Goldar

Re: J-Mart: Kursk, Tether Tyrant, Magmaniac, Atom Eve, Shang-Chi

Post by Goldar »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:20 pm
Goldar wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:48 pm Lohan Boxing? Is that the kind practiced by Michael and Lindsay??
I think their kind of fighting is a form of drunken master. :)
Yeah, but I heard some of their fights were violent.
Thorpocalypse

Scorpion (Hasashi): Earth-T1/Earth-FG

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Now it's warming up in here...

GET OVER HERE! - Scorpion

SCORPION (HANZO HASASHI)
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 5; DPL: 10; FWPL: 7; HP: 1
Height: 6-1
Weight: 215
Eyes: Red
Race: Human Revenant
Alignment: Neutral
Base of Operations: Shirai Ryu Temple, Japan
Team Affiliations: Shirai Ryu; Earthrealm Warriors

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 13, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Acrobatiks 7 (+12), Athletiks 7 (+10), Klose Kombat [Unarmed] 2 (+15), Deception (+4), Expertise [Ninja] 9 (+10), Insight 5 (+9), Intimidation 3 (+7), Perception 6 (+10), Persuasion (+4), Sleight of Hand 5 (+9), Stealth 8 (+13)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (2) (Status, Resources – Grandmaster of the Shirai Ryu), Defensive Attakk, Defensive Roll (1), Equipment (2), Improved Kritikal (1) (Unarmed), Improved Initiative (1), Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Mandarin), Leadership, Move-by Aktion, Power Attakk (2) (Swords, Unarmed), Quick Draw, Ranged Attakk (8), Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Master of Fire: Immunity 11 (Aging, Fire Effekts); 11 pts
Hellfire Teleport: Teleport 1 (60 ft; Extra: Change Direktion); 3 pts
Kombat Array: 22 pt Array; 25 pts
KOME 'ERE!: Move Objekt 7 (Extra: Damaging [2 ranks], Linked [Affliktion], Flaws: Diminished Range [10/25/50], Limited to towards self only), Ranged Affliktion 7 (Piercing; Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed and Vulnerable, 2nd: Stunned and Defenseless, Extras: Extra Kondition, Linked [Move Objekt], Flaws: Diminished Range [10/25/50], Limited to two degrees); 22 pts
Spear Tip Strike: Multiattakk Piercing Strength-based Damage 1 (Extra: Akkurate, Dangerous); 1 pt
Hellfire Blast: Ranged Fire Damage 7 (Extra: Indirekt [From Below], Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50], Inakkurate); 1 pt
Inner Flames: Reaction Fire Damage 5 (Extra: Reaktion [to being touched], Flaw: Aktivation [Move Aktion]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(10 pts)
Shirai Ryu Uniform: Protektion 1, Subtle; 2 pts
Twin Katana: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Dangerous, Double; 5 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Klose Attack +13 [Twin Swords +6, Kritikal 19-20; Inner Flames +5, Reaktion]
Spear Tip Strike +15 [Spear Tip Strikes +4, Kritikal 19-20, Multiattakk]
Unarmed +15 [Unarmed +3]
Ranged Attack +13 [COME ‘ERE! Affliktion/Move Objekt Damage +7/+2]
Hellfire Blast +11 [Hellfire Blast +7]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +13 [DC23] Parry +13 [DC23]
Toughness +6 (+5 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: He hates Quan Chi for being the one that actually killed him and his family.
Monstrous Appearance: Without his mask, he's a skeleton-faced undead guy.
Rivalry: Sub-Zero. They were enemies for a good while as Scorpion blamed Sub-Zero I for killing his family, but now that he's learned otherwise, their relationship is more civil, but not friendly.

Abilities 76 + Skills 26 (52 ranks) + Advantages 24 + Powers 39 + Defenses 14 = 179 / 179

Build Comments: I’m adding to my MK line with fan favorite Scorpion. I built Scorpion to be Sub-Zero’s equal with just a few differences to separate them a bit. Basically an MnM palette swap. The other ninjas are not going to be quite as capable, of course, when they get their palette swaps...

Secret Origins: Scorpion" is the code name of the ninja named Hanzo Hasashi, formerly one of the finest warriors of the Japanese ninja clan Shirai Ryu. It is known that his father, a former member of the Shirai Ryu, forbade his son from joining the ninja clan, as he did not wish for his son to live the life of an assassin. However, Hanzo joined in spite of his father's wishes in order to provide his wife and son with a comfortable life.

After he was originally killed by Sub-Zero of the rival Japanese clan of assassins the Lin Kuei, Scorpion became a hellspawned revenant residing in the Netherrealm underworld and seeking vengeance against those responsible for the destruction of his clan and the death of his family.

The Story so Far: Scorpion is introduced in the first Mortal Kombat game as a dead warrior who entere into the Mortal Kombat tournament seeking vengeance against Sub-Zero, the man who killed him. Scorpion manages to kill his target, but later learns that Sub-Zero plans to compete in the second tournament. Enraged at the idea that his nemesis has somehow returned, Scorpion tracks him down during the tournament. He realizes that this Sub-Zero was actually his killer's younger brother, who was sent to complete his brother's failed mission of assassinating the tournament's host Shang Tsung. As a result, Scorpion vows to serve as the new Sub-Zero's guardian in atonement for killing his older brother.

After competing in the next two MK tourney, he disappeared for a while but returned when Shao Kahn tries to conquer the Netherealm after his invasion of Earth and enlisted the ninja in his forces. Scorpion's allegiance to Kahn quickly dissolved when he discovered that Sub-Zero was one of Earth's chosen warriors, with whom he then sided in their final showdown with Kahn. Later was tricked by Quan Chi to believe that the younger Sub-Zero was actually involved in the deaths of his family and clan and joins Quan Chi. Scorpion emerged victorious against the new Sub-Zero, but when Quan Chi revealed the truth afterward, Scorpion grabbed the sorcerer to send him to the Netherealm. However, soon Scorpion was attacked by the Oni Drahmin and Moloch, who freed the sorcerer from the Netherealm.

Scorpion continued hunting Quan Chi and eventually met the Elder Gods, who gave him a new mission to seek and destroy Onaga before he would unmake the realms. Scorpion later made a deal with the Elder Gods to serve them in exchange for the resurrection of the Shirai Ryu clan, along with the resurrection of his wife and son. However, the Elder Gods resurrected them as undead beings. Enraged, Scorpion sought to destroy the Elder Gods' chance of preventing Armageddon by taking Blaze's power that was meant for Taven or Daegon, but Taven defeated him.

Characterization: Now Scorpion is a hell-spawned spectre, inexorably seeking vengeance against those responsible for the destruction of his clan and the death of his own family. Despite his malevolent appearance, he is not inherently evil. He joined the forces of evil when promised a means of resurrecting his clan on Earth, or the chance to inflict his wrath against those who butchered them. Scorpion has also (indirectly) assisted other heroes to fulfill these motives.

Friends and Foes: Although essentially neutral in allegiance, Scorpion will ally with anyone who can assist his plans of revenge. He was once manipulated by Quan Chi, whom he promised his life in exchange for his impressive combat abilities in order to defeat Sub-Zero.
Thorpocalypse

Scorpion (Hasashi): Earth-PC1/PC2

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Your brother chose his path. His death was intended to put an end to my quest for revenge. Since I have devoted my existence in ending a life, now I must devote myself in protecting one. You fight with honor, Lin Kuei. - Scorpion

SCORPION (HANZO HASASHI)
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 6; DPL: 10; FWPL: 7; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 5, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 14, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatiks 7 (+12), Athletiks 6 (+9), Klose Kombat [Unarmed] 2 (+16), Deception (+0), Expertise [Ninja] 5 (+5), Insight 2 (+5), Intimidation 6 (+6/+10) [Startle], Perception 2 (+5), Persuasion (+0), Stealth 8 (+13)

ADVANTAGES: Defensive Roll (2), Equipment (1), Improved Kritical (1) (Unarmed), Improved Initiative (1), Improved Trip, Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Mandarin), Move-by Aktion, Power Attakk, Quick Draw, Ranged Attakk (12), Startle, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Revenant: Immunity 3 (Aging, Disease, Environmental Heat), Immortality 1 (1/month); 5 pts
Kombat Array: 25 pt Array; 28 pts
KOME 'ERE!: Move Objekt 8 (Extra: Damaging [2 ranks], Linked [Affliktion], Flaws: Diminished Range [10/25/50], Limited to towards self only), Ranged Affliktion 8 (Piercing; Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed and Vulnerable, 2nd: Stunned and Defenseless, Extras: Extra Kondition, Linked [Move Objekt], Flaws: Diminished Range [10/25/50], Limited to two degrees); 25 pts
Spear Tip Strike: Multiattakk Piercing Strength-based Damage 1 (Extra: Akkurate, Dangerous); 1 pt
Hellfire Blast: Ranged Fire Damage 8 (Extra: Indirekt [From Below], Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50], Inakkurate); 1 pt
Inner Flames: Reaktion Fire Damage 6 (Extra: Reaktion [to being touched], Flaw: Aktivation [Move Aktion]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(5 pts)
Twin Katana: Slashing Strength-Based Damage 3, Dangerous, Double; 5 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +9
Klose Attakk +14 [Swords +6, Kritikal 19-20; Inner Flames +6, Reaktion]
Spear Tip Strike +16 [Spear Tip Strike +4, Kritikal 19-20, Multiattakk]
Unarmed +16 [Unarmed +3, Kritikal 19-20]
Ranged Attakk +12 [Hellfire Blast +8; COME ‘EKE Affliktion/Move Objekt +8/+2]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +14 [DC24] Parry +14 [DC24]
Toughness +6 (+4 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +6

KOMPLIKATIONS:
Enemy: He hates Quan Chi for being the one that actually killed him and his family.
Monstrous Appearance: Without his mask, he's a skeleton-faced undead guy.
Rivalry: Sub-Zero. They were enemies for a good while as Scorpion blamed Sub-Zero I for killing his family, but now that he's learned otherwise, their relationship is more civil, but not friendly.

Abilities 58 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Advantages 24 + Powers 33 + Defenses 16 = 150 / 150
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse

Scorpion (Hasashi): Earth-J217

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Later
Thorpocalypse

Baraka: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Another new item for our Mortal Kombat line is hitting the shelves!

The taste of flesh.. - Baraka

BARAKA
PL9

OPL: 9; SPL: 3; DPL: 9; FWPL: 5; HP: 1
Height: 6-5
Weight: 280
Hair: None
Race: Tarkatan
Alignment: Villain
Okkupation: Criminal; Mercenary
Base of Operations: Outworld
Team Affiliations: Outworld Warriors

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 4, STAMINA 5, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 12, INTELLEKT -1, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE -2

SKILLS: Acrobatiks 6 (+9), Athletiks 7 (+11), Deception (-2), Expertise [Survival] 4 (+5), Insight (+1), Intimidation 11 (+9) [Startle], Perception 1 (+2), Persuasion (-2), Ranged Combat [Flying Shard] 8 (+10), Stealth 6 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attakk, Defensive Roll (1), Improved Initiative (1), Improved Kritikal (1) (Tarkatan Blades), Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Tarkatan), Power Attakk (3) (Blade Spin, Tarkatan Blades, Unarmed), Startle, Takedown (2)

POWERS:
Tarkata Physiology: Senses 4 (Low-light Vision, Scent [Akute, Tracking]), Immunity 1 (Aging), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 7 pts
Tarkatan Blades: 6 pt Array; 8 pts
Blade Strike: Slashing/Piercing Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Breaking, Dangerous, Split, Variable Descriptor [Slashing/Piercing); 6 pts
Blade Spin: Multiattack Slashing/Piercing Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Breaking, Dangerous, Variable Deskriptor [Slashing/Piercing], Flaw: Activation [Move Action], Distrakting); 1 pt
Flying Shard: Ranged Piercing Damage 5 (Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50], Distrakting); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +7
Klose Attakk +12 [Unarmed +4; Tarkatan Blades +6, Kritikal 18-20; Blade Spin +6, Kritikal 18-20, Multiattack]
Ranged Attakk +2
Flying Shard +10 [Flying Shard +5]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +12 [DC22] Parry +11 [DC21]
Toughness +6 (+5 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +3

KOMPLIKATIONS:
Motivation: Murder and havoc.
Temper: Baraka's bloodlust can overtake him at times causing him lose focus and make tactical mistakes.

Abilities 48 + Skills 22 (44 ranks) + Advantages 9 + Powers 15 + Defenses 12 = 106 / 106

Build Comments: I always liked Baraka’s look. A Nosferatu lookin’ dude with arm blades is a neat concept.

Secret Origins: Baraka belongs to a race of nomadic mutants, known as the Tarkata, a crossbreed between vile Netherrealm demons and denizens of Outworld, apparently populating the vast wastelands of Outworld. Like most members of his race, Baraka possesses long blades extending from his forearms.

The Story so Far: In the events leading up to the second Mortal Kombat tournament, Baraka led the attack on the Shaolin temple in Earthrealm, which spurred Liu Kang to seek vengeance in Outworld as predicted by Shao Kahn. After Shao Khan was defeated, Baraka disappeared. He would later re-emerge in time for the 3rd Mortal Kombat tourney. After this, Baraka had once again escaped and spent time traveling alone.

In his travels, Baraka encountered the sorcerer Quan Chi while wandering through Edenia. Quan Chi offered Baraka a chance to rule the realm at his side if he agreed to join the army of Shinnok. Eager for battle, he readily accepted. Once again Baraka planned to betray his new masters, but after Shinnok was utterly defeated, his opportunity was also lost once again. Baraka had gone to warn Quan Chi that Shinnok had been defeated, Quan Chi pretended that he had master minded the events. He had then seemingly killed Baraka.

But later, Baraka formed an alliance to the risen Dragon King, Onaga, in whose strength he had great faith. When Baraka agreed to follow Onaga, the remainder of the Tarkatan race did so too. Baraka freed Mileena from her prison and recruited her to Onaga's ranks to pose as Princess Kitana. Kitana used this position to misdirect the Edenian forces into combat against the Tarkatan raiding parties well away from Onaga to give the Dragon King the time he needed to complete his schemes.

Characterization: Baraka is a mean, unforgiving, and unpredictable opponent but a loyal warrior who, like his people have always done, serves the most powerful leader, who in their Outworld is Shao Kahn.

Friends and Foes: He has hordes of Tarkata warriors he can call on and as a loyal warrior, he fights for those whom he calls "master". Although he has had numerous incursions with the Earthrealm warriors, he appears not to have any particular rivalry or hatred towards Earth or its inhabitants.
Thorpocalypse

Tarkata: Multiversal

Post by Thorpocalypse »

TARKATA
PL5

OPL: 5; SPL: -; DPL: 5; FWPL: 3; HP: 0

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 3, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 5, INTELLEKT -1, AWARENESS 0, PRESENCE -2

SKILLS: Acrobatiks 2 (+5), Athletiks 4 (+7), Deception (-2), Expertise [Survival] 4 (+3), Intimidation 7 (+5), Perception 1 (+1), Persuasion (-2), Ranged Kombat [Flying Shard] 4 (+4), Stealth 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES: Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Tarkatan)

POWERS:
Tarkatan Physiology: Senses 4 (Low-light Vision, Scent [Akute, Tracking]), Immunity 1 (Aging), Regeneration 1 (1/every 9 rounds); 6 pts
Tarkatan Blades: 6 pt Array; 7 pts
Blade Strike: Slashing/Piercing Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Breaking, Dangerous, Split, Variable Deskriptor [Slashing/Piercing); 6 pts
Flying Shard: Ranged Piercing Damage 4 (Flaw: Unreliable); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Klose Attakk +5 [Unarmed +3; Tarkatan Blades +5, Kritikal 19-20]
Ranged Attakk +0
Flying Shard +4 [Flying Shard +4]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +4 [DC14] Parry +5 [DC15]
Toughness +4, Fortitude +4, Will +2

KOMPLIKATIONS:
Motivation: Murder and havoc.

Abilities 24 + Skills 12 (24 ranks) + Advantages 1 + Powers 13 + Defenses 3 = 53 / 53

Comments: Had to build Baraka's peeps. They should be good fodder.
Thorpocalypse

Baraka: Earth-FG

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Shortly
Thorpocalypse

Goro: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Another new item for our Mortal Kombat line is hitting the shelves!

I will give you a warrior's death. - Goro

GORO
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 5; DPL: 10; FWPL: 8; HP: 1
Height: 8-2
Weight: 550
Race: Shokan
Identity: Publik
Alignment: Villain
Okkupation: Warrior; Shokan Prince
Base of Operations: Outworld
Team Affiliations: Outworld Warriors

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 8, STAMINA 8, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 11, INTELLEKT 0, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 1

SKILLS: Athletiks 7 (+15), Deception (+1), Expertise [Warrior] 8 (+8), Insight (+2), Intimidation 10 (+11/+12) [Startle], Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion (+1), Ranged Kombat [Fireball] 5 (+11), Stealth 1 (+3/+1)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attakk, Benefit (3) (Ambidexterity, Status 2 – Prince of the Shokan), Chokehold, Fast Grab, Improved Kritikal (1) (Unarmed), Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Klose Attack (1), Languages (1) (English, 1 other, Base: Shokan), Power Attakk (2) (Spinning Fists, Unarmed), Ranged Attack (4), Startle, Takedown (2)

POWERS:
Shokan Size: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 5 pts
Shokan Physiology: Protection 1, Immunity 2 (Aging, Disease), Senses 3 (Infravision, Scent [Akute]), Extra Limbs 2 (2 extra arms), Leaping 2 (30 ft); 10 pts
Shokan Powers: 13 pt Array; 15 pts
Fireball: Ranged Fire Damage 7 (Flaw: Aktivation [Move Aktion]); 13 pts
Tremor Pound: Burst Area Affliktion 9 (Resisted by Dodge, Overkome by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed and Vulnerable, 2nd: Stunned and Prone, Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Extra Kondition, Flaw: Instant Rekovery [Prone], Limited to two degrees, Limited [Goro must be on the ground, targets must be on the ground]); 1 pt
Spinning Fists: Multiattakk Bludgeoning Strength-based Damage 0 (Extra: Dangerous 2, Flaw: Grab-based); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +4
Klose Attakk +12 [Unarmed +8, Kritikal 19-20; Spinning Fists +8, Kritikal 19-20, Multiattakk]
Ranged Attack +6
Fireball Blast +12 [Fireball +7]
Special Attakk [Tremor Pound Affliktion +9, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 [DC19] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +10 (+9 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +10, Will +7

KOMPLIKATIONS:
Arrogance: Being the Mortal Kombat Tourney Champion for 500 years, he can be very arrogant and dismissive of his opponents.
Motivation: Maintaining his mantle of Mortal Kombat tourney champion and if he loses, regaining it at all kost.
Responsibility: To his people, the Shokan.

Abilities 60 + Skills 17 (34 ranks) + Advantages 21 + Powers 30 + Defenses 13 = 141 / 141

Build Comments: Goro was a wicked sub-boss in the early MK games, but eventually became more balanced over time. I hardly ever played with or against him, but the few times I did, I recall getting my arse KICKED.

Secret Origins: Goro is part of the four-armed half-human, half-dragon race called the Shokan. He had been champion of the Mortal Kombat tournament for 500 years before being defeated by eventual tournament champion Liu Kang.

The Story so Far: Goro became Grand Champion of the Mortal Kombat tournament after defeating the Great Kung Lao. For 500 years, he remained undefeated and helped Shang Tsung grow ever closer to achieving Shao Kahn's goal of domination over Earthrealm. In his 10th title defense, however, he faced Liu Kang. Making use of Goro's overconfidence after years of being the undefeated warrior, Liu Kang was able to secure victory. Goro disappeared during the tournament's aftermath, and he was believed to be dead. It is theorized that he actually retreated back to his kingdom during this time. Goro is succeeded by another member of his race, Kintaro, as Kahn's right-hand man during the events of of the next tourney.

Goro would resurface after Kahn's downfall. Despite having the intent to avenge his losses at Liu Kang's hands, Goro began to take an interest in the matters of his own race and joined his fellow Shokans in war against the Centaurians. Princess Kitana intervened and negotiated a truce and peace accord between both races. The meeting was interrupted by Kung Lao who desired to challenge his ancestor's killer. The Shaolin Monk lashed out with a ceremonial strike of revenge that left Goro's chest scarred. Considering the score settled, the two shook hands. When Shinnok and his legion were defeated and Edenia was free once more, Goro and the Shokan race decided to ally themselves with the Edenians, agreeing to sign a peace treaty with the Centaurs as a condition of their new partnership

Years later, the united Edenian and Shokan forces attacked the weakened Shao Kahn's armies. Exhausted from battle, Goro was struck from behind by Noob Saibot. He was mortally wounded, apparently dying from the injury, and Kitana held a royal funeral for the fallen Shokan prince. However, Goro is able to survive, being saved from death by Shao Kahn himself, with the promise of returning the Shokans to their former glory and the banishment of the Centaurs in exchange for his allegiance. Agreeing to these terms, Goro placed his royal seal on a nearby disfigured fallen Shokan (whom Kitana and the Shokan army found and mistook for him, successfully deceiving them while hiding his defection), and resumed his place at Shao Kahn's side.

Characterization: Goro is a vicious and arrogant combatant, but his arrogance is warranted considered it took 500 years for him to be defeated in tourney combat. He is loyal to his people and if he gives his word, he keeps it.

Friends and Foes: Goro has few long-time allies, but he has worked with Shao Kahn and Shang Tsung when it benefits both parties. Other than that, he considers anyone he tries to defeat him in combat his enemy.
Thorpocalypse

Goro: Earth-FG

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Soon
Thorpocalypse

Goro: Earth-J217

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Probably