The World In The Aftermath (Formerly A World Less Magical)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Davies

Re: A World Less Magical But No Less Fantastic

Post by Davies »

Shinji Higashikata

In Japan's underworld, the mystics speak in terrified tones about the Shēngxiào, a dark agency of powerful entities who destroy any who dare oppose them, except for that person. They speak in frustrated tones about the Ghost Sweepers, the group who seems to act with the blessing of the mundane state and has ruined so many clever schemes, often with the assistance of that person. And from time to time, someone will start talking about that person directly, and be quickly silenced, out of sheer paranoia that doing so will attract the attention of the greatest mystical power in Japan.

Higashikata Shinji was one of the founders of the group that became known as Ghost Sweepers, just over a decade ago, and was installed as its leader because of his vast and undefined mystical powers. Eventually, he retired from that position to take up an advisory role within the Yokoyama Group, out of concern that his vast power would cause disaster if used so freely as it had been. Nevertheless, he remains willing to exert himself, when matters call for it, descending to lend his aid to the organization he helped to found.

It's all a crock, a farce. Deception and delusion reign supreme even among those who imagine that they know the hidden truths of the world. Higashikata was (and is) a confidence artist who got caught up in the events that created the Ghost Sweepers. Realizing that he was completely helpless in the face of the powers and principalities that the team was confronting, he created a myth about his own vast power and wisdom, employing it as a defense and a weapon. When they were succeeding, it was through the use of his power, too subtle for any of them to detect. When they were failing, it was despite the best efforts he was putting forth, and yet if they just kept trying, perhaps he, and they, could break through.

And it worked, for years. Eventually, he was moved upstairs to exert his powers for the financial benefit of the Yokoyama Group. This was what he'd been angling for the whole time. He doesn't have to do much, just make oracular pronouncements and take the credit that people are far too willing to give him for their own success. For this, he's paid an almost embarrassing amount of money and could live like a king. Of course, that would attract far too much attention, and so he lives simply and modestly.

There's just one problem -- this life is pretty darn boring. Actually, there are a lot of problems besides that. When we practice to deceive, we often start by fooling ourselves, and the truth is that Higashikata Shinji is not nearly as much of a greedy and selfish person as he likes to think. He was (and is) badly frightened by what he learned through the Ghost Sweepers' cases, but he didn't use his talent for deception to escape from this situation. (Admittedly, he had no idea where he could go that the opposition couldn't find him.)

Instead, he used those talents to help others who could successfully oppose these forces, and often worked to keep them on their feet and saved their lives. Most of those who were his colleagues, especially Sayo Asagiri, have Higashikata figured out, but respect his courage and well-hidden conscience enough to avoid ruining his mystique. They often end up suppressing groans when he shows up to 'help out' due to his boredom, but he continues to use his wits and ridiculous talent for telling plausible lies for their benefit, so they in turn continue to protect their former captain, no matter what.

Shinji Higashikata -- PL 6

Abilities:
STR
1 | STA 1 | AGL 1 | DEX 3 | FGT 3 | INT 4 | AWE 5 | PRE 4

Powers:
Vast and Undefined Mystical Abilities, The Likes of Which You Cannot, Nay Dare Not, Imagine: Actually doesn't have any - 0 points

Advantages:
Assessment, Benefit 2 (independently wealthy), Connected, Contacts, Daze (Deception), Defensive Roll 2, Fascinate (Deception), Improved Defense, Jack-of-all-trades, Languages 2 (English, Korean, others, [Japanese is native]), Leadership, Set-up, Skill Mastery (Deception), Taunt, Teamwork 2, Uncanny Dodge, Well-informed.

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+5), Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+5), Deception 7 (+11), Expertise: Business 6 (+10), Expertise: Magic (INT-based) 6 (+10), Expertise: Streetwise 5 (+9), Insight 6 (+11), Investigation 6 (+10), Perception 3 (+8), Persuasion 5 (+9), Sleight of Hand 5 (+7), Stealth 5 (+6), Treatment 2 (+6).

Offense:
Initiative +1
Unarmed +5 (Close Damage 1)

Defense:
Dodge 5, Parry 5, Fortitude 3, Toughness 6/1, Will 9

Totals:
Abilities 44 + Powers 0 + Advantages 21 + Skills 31 + Defenses 12 = 108 points

Offensive PL: 3
Defensive PL: 6
Resistance PL: 6
Skill PL: 6

Complications:
Profit--Motivation. Responsibility--Actual Motivation. Friendship (Ghost Sweepers organization.) Reputation (vastly powerful mystic.) Secret (complete fraud.)
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Davies

Post by Davies »

Mysterica

Between the lingering effects of the final battle between Alphatron and El Imán, more than forty years ago, and the fact that two members of the Powerhouse live there, it shouldn't come as a surprise that Denver sees more than its fair share of superpower activity. Even during the height of the Insurgency, there was a small team of self-proclaimed superheroes resident here, the Mile High Marauders -- who were unfortunately neither all that competent nor blessed with much good fortune.

But their legacy continues right into the present day in the form of Denver's many masked 'fraternities'. Most of these are neither criminal groups nor alliances of would-be superheroes, just small, private assemblies of superpowers who know each other and hang out together. While some of the frats publicize their activities, usually in hopes of recruiting more members, others are very averse to public attention. And whenever there are groups trying to keep their activities private, there will inevitably be those who are trying to find out what's going on.

Bobbi Catrell is a junior reporter for Denver's KWGN-TV news, and wants to be one of the hosts of the primetime news program. In order to bring this about, she knows that she's going to have to report on a major story. And she believes that the best way to do this is to infiltrate the frats, discover their secrets, and publicize them. Therefore, she has created the identity of 'Mysterica' a masked mystery-woman, and is posing as a would-be superhero. While doing so, she's run into Polymorph a few times, who has bought into her act completely and regards her as a trustworthy ally.

Of course, the thing about pretending to be a superhero is that you will run into situations that require a superhero. Recognizing this, Bobbi has acquired and trained with a unique weapon that she dubs a paintgun. (Not a paintball gun, that's something else.) It shoots a stream of reddish paint at a target, which stings but doesn't cause actual injury, and can (if properly directed) leave the target temporarily unable to see. Mysterica generally uses this to slow opponents down so that she can escape, but has sometimes used it to put one in a situation where she could defeat them by other methods, having taken a few krav maga lessons.

Despite the fact that Bobbi is pursuing this course for what is absolutely the wrong reason, she's not totally heartless. She frequently finds herself feeling sympathy for people who get caught up in these sorts of situations, and will, when possible, try to help them. And, when confronted with genuine villainy, she'd oppose it to the best of her ability. But on the other hand, she'll always put her own ambitions ahead of such matters.

Ironically, Bobbi's activities are attracting a fair amount of media attention from other reporters, which is actually making her goal a bit harder. The frats that she wants to infiltrate obviously don't want to be associated with someone who's always in the news!

Mysterica -- PL 6

Abilities:
STR
1 | STA 1 | AGL 2 | DEX 3 | FGT 3 | INT 3 | AWE 2 | PRE 2

Powers:
Paintgun: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 5 (Resisted by Dodge; Dazed & Vision Impaired, Stunned & Vision Disabled), Extra Condition, Instant Recovery, Limited Degree; Easily Removable (-4 points) - 6 points

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Attractive, Beginner's Luck, Contacts, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 2, Evasion, Improved Aim, Improved Initiative, Move-by Action, Taunt, Tracking.

Equipment:
Car - 10 points

Skills:
Acrobatics 6 (+8), Athletics 4 (+5), Close Combat: Unarmed 3 (+6), Deception 5 (+7), Expertise: Current Events 4 (+7), Expertise: Streetwise 4 (+7), Insight 4 (+6), Investigation 5 (+8), Perception 5 (+7), Persuasion 4 (+6), Ranged Attack: Paintgun 4 (+7), Stealth 4 (+6), Vehicles 2 (+5).

Offense:
Initiative +6
Unarmed +6 (Close Damage 1)
Paintgun +7 (Ranged Affliction 5, Resisted by Dodge)

Defense:
Dodge 5, Parry 6, Fortitude 3, Toughness 6/1, Will 5.

Totals:
Abilities 34 + Powers 6 + Advantages 16 + Skills 28 + Defenses 11 = 94 points

Offensive PL: 6
Defensive PL: 6
Resistance PL: 4
Skill PL: 3

Complications:
Fame--Motivation. Secret Identity. Soft-hearted.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Mysterica is a pretty great idea, and I think I recognize the artist. I've wanted to do something with a super in the news for a while, but I don't have anything concrete.
Davies

Post by Davies »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:28 am Mysterica is a pretty great idea, and I think I recognize the artist. I've wanted to do something with a super in the news for a while, but I don't have anything concrete.
Artist is scruffyturtles; it was the only solo picture I found of this particular character with her gun prominent that was also wearing a mask.

I was helped with the conception by Jab's recent review of MLJ/Impact characters, with Mysterica being a take on Bob Phantom.

And thanks!
Davies

Post by Davies »

In case anyone's concerned by the absence of a post today, this week I'll be posting from Tuesday through to Saturday.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Madame Menagerie

From Cynthia Smith's early youth onward, it was clear that she had a special rapport with the animals of her family's ranch in Texas, made most dramatically clear when she calmed a panicking horse by simply whispering to it, at the age of thirteen. That was also when her father took her into his confidence and revealed that long ago, when her family had been aristocrats in Bavaria, many of her ancestors had possessed her talent and the ability to call on the powers of the animals. Cynthia had no idea what to make of this; it sounded like a fairy tale or a myth.

By 1957, as figures of fairy tales or myths had become widely known, the notion seemed much more plausible. But her 'power' remained frustratingly mundane -- she could understand animal motivations and help them to understand her own, but not much else. Her father's stories suggested that physical training might be the key to unlocking the more dramatic abilities, so she pushed her limits in search of that key. Finally, just a bit before her eighteenth birthday, Cynthia found her breakthrough, running among the horses and kept their pace.

Of the animal powers she could call upon, those of the tiger seemed most generally useful, and so she designed her costume to use tiger patterning when she made her debut as Madame Menagerie, the first female superhero. Soon after her debut, she had her first clash with the man who'd become her nemesis, a delusional hunter named Emil Larrimore who'd acquired a so-called magic helmet that granted him various powers, notably weather control, decided that he was the embodiment of the Norse god Ullr and so had to hunt all the wild beasts of the world, especially Madame Menagerie. While their conflicts were fierce, the Madame always prevailed, usually on her own but sometimes through the help of her allies.

In 1961, Madame Menagerie helped to fight off an Atlantean attack on Galveston, part of the civil war that was fought among the undersea people, with the assistance of the Futurian, in their first meeting. She was subsequently invited to join the Institute when it founded in the aftermath, and became quite friendly with the time-leaping speedster. It was frequently assumed that the two of them had a romantic connection, as they often worked and socialized together, but the truth was that Jason Conrad was still awkward and uncomfortable around women, and Cynthia was unwilling to make the first move in the relationship. Thus, they remained only friends, despite themselves.

Sadly, that relationship came to an end in 1968, during the Agents of Destruction's attack on the city of Detroit. She and the Futurian discovered the megabomb that Humpty Dumpty had set to destroy the city and both the Institute and the Agents. While attempting to disarm it, the Futurian was knocked out by a booby trap set to prevent anyone from doing so. With little time remaining on the countdown, Madame Menagerie exerted her powers to the utmost, drawing on the power of a dragon and flying the bomb out over Lake Michigan to minimize the damage. She was the only known fatality of this episode, and the first and only member of the Institute to die in action before 1971.

While almost certainly atomized by the explosion, Exelion has theorized that there is some connection between Madame Menagerie and the much later superpower known as Havfrue, though he has yet to determine the exact nature of that link ...

Madame Menagerie -- PL 10

Abilities:
STR
2 | STA 2 | AGL 2 | DEX 2 | FGT 2 | INT 2 | AWE 3 | PRE 2

Powers:
Animal Mimicry: Variable 9 (animal traits), Continuous, Subtle - 73 points

Typical Settings:
Eagle: Strength-based Damage 3, Accurate 2; Enhanced Advantages 10 (Close Attack 4, Evasion 2, Improved Initiative 3); Enhanced Defenses 16 (Dodge 8, Parry 8); Flight 6 (120 MPH); Senses 3 (extended 2 rapid vision) - 45 points
Gorilla: Enhanced Advantages 2 (Close Attack, Improved Hold); Enhanced Stamina 6; Enhanced Strength 10; Impervious Toughness 6; Movement 2 (swinging, wall-crawling) - 44 points
Tiger (Default): Strength-based Damage 3; Enhanced Agility 8; Enhanced Fighting 8; Leaping 6 (250 feet); Speed 4 (30 MPH) - 45 points
Whale: Enhanced Stamina 6; Enhanced Strength 8; Immunity 3 (cold, drowning, pressure); Movement 1 (environmental adaptation [aquatic]); Senses 5 (accurate extended ultrasonic hearing, low-light vision); Swimming 7 (120 MPH) - 45 points

Advantages:
Animal Empathy, Attractive, Benefit 1 (well-off), Defensive Roll, Fast Grab, Improved Initiative, Skill Mastery (Insight), Uncanny Dodge.

Skills:
Acrobatics 5 (+15/+7), Athletics 3 (+5), Close Combat: Unarmed 5 (+15/+7), Deception 6 (+8), Expertise: Science 4 (+6), Insight 6 (+9), Perception 6 (+9), Persuasion 4 (+6), Stealth 5 (+15/+7).

Offense:
Initiative +14/+6
Unarmed +7 (Close Damage 2)
Tiger Claw +15 (Close Damage 5)

Defenses:
Dodge 14/6, Parry 16/8, Fortitude 7, Toughness 4/2, Will 7

Totals:
Abilities 34 + Powers 73 + Advantages 8 + Skills 22 + Defenses 20 = 156 points

Offensive PL: 10*
Defensive PL: 10*
Resistance PL: 7*
Skill PL: 10*

Complications:
Doing Good--Motivation. Friendship (the Futurian.) Nemesis (Ullr.) Secret Identity.

Note: Character concept by Voltron64.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Alphatron

The Conqueror, filmed between May and August, 1954, is regarded as one of the worst movies ever made, and certainly the least impressive work of its star, actor Marlon Brando, horribly miscast as Genghis Khan. It is also noteworthy, if that's the right word, for what some have described as an epidemic of cancer cases among the cast and crew, supposedly due to having been filmed at several locations in Utah (as well as studio shoots shot on soil imported from these locations) downwind from an active nuclear test site. How much of an influence this factor had on what happened will likely remain controversial for some time to come.

What isn't controversial is that one Rodney Ritter, born almost exactly nine months after the filming to an uncredited stuntman on the production and his wife, a member of the catering staff -- of whom only she developed cancer, incidentally -- was the only person associated with the film to develop superpowers. (As far as is definitely known, at least.) That he possessed greater-than-human strength and toughness was apparent to his parents even in his childhood, and they learned that he could fly on his own power when he was thirteen. At his parents' urging, Rod kept his powers a secret, intending to join the Institute when he was an adult.

The outcome of the Battle of Vietnam was a shock to his expectations, but Rod responded with determination, making his debut as Alphatron, the Atomic Avenger, just nine months afterwards. While effective against what opposition he faced, and managing to keep his powers under tight control, he was regarded with skepticism by a public who'd just learned how dangerous self-proclaimed heroes could be. Unsettled by this reaction, Alphatron attempted to improve his reputation by agreeing to work with several other 'new' superheroes in an attempt to join the Institute.

This turned out to be something of a fiasco, especially after one of the group turned out to be a villain pretending to have reformed, and another was revealed to be an alien infiltrator. The Institute chose to dissolve rather than accept any new members; Alphatron and the other genuine heroes looked like laughingstocks in the after math. Nor were his attempts to convince them to stick together as a new organization of superheroes all that effective, though the phrase that he used -- "We are members of a very unique fraternity." -- would echo, later on.

Three years later, Alphatron would die in battle with El Imán over the city of Denver. For some time before that, he'd been experiencing increasing difficulty keeping his so-called atomic power under his control, frequently manifesting small bursts of energy that damaged the area around himself. The explosion of the Magno-Helm apparently triggered the largest such outburst yet, incinerating both hero and villain and expelling radioactive, mutagenic substances across a good portion of the city. There have been occasional attempts to memorialize Alphatron in Denver, but the damage that was done by that final battle has left him with an almost toxic reputation there, though some of the city's 'frats' consider him their unwitting founder.

Alphatron -- PL 9

Abilities:
STR
6 | STA 6 | AGL 2 | DEX 2 | FGT 2 | INT 1 | AWE 2 | PRE 2

Powers:
Atomic Power: Array (20 points)
  • Atomic Blast: Ranged Damage 10 - 20 points
  • Atomic Bonding: Ranged Burst Area Affliction 6 (Resisted by Will, Overcome by Damage; Hindered & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Immobile), Extra Condition, Limited Degree - 1 point
  • Hyperdensity: Growth 6, Density (Strength +6, Stamina +6, Dodge -3, Parry -3) - 1 point
  • Intangibility: Insubstantial 4 (affected by mystical attacks) - 1 point
Atomic Propulsion: Flight 7 (250 MPH), Aquatic - 15 points
Atomic Senses: Senses 8 (acute energy awareness, darkvision, microscopic vision 4) - 8 points

Advantages:
Defensive Attack, Improved Initiative, Move-by Action, Power Attack

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+6), Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+6), Deception 5 (+7), Expertise: Science 5 (+6), Intimidation 7 (+9), Perception 5 (+7), Ranged Combat: Atomic Power 6 (+8)

Offense:
Initiative +6
Unarmed +6 (Close Damage 12/6)
Atomic Blast +8 (Ranged Damage 10)
Atomic Bonding -- (Ranged Burst Area Will 6)

Defense:
Dodge 8/5, Parry 6/3, Fortitude 9, Toughness 12/6, Will 5

Totals:
Abilities 46 + Powers 46 + Advantages 4 + Skills 18 + Defenses 16 = 130 points

Offensive PL: 9
Defensive PL: 9
Resistance PL: 7
Skill PL: 3

Complications:
Thrills--Motivation. Secret Identity. Uncontrolled Power (after 1974.)
Davies

Post by Davies »

James Graham

Much of the story has already been told. The truth of the matter is that it wasn't the death of his mentor -- and so many other people whom he respected and admired -- that made James Graham abandon the identity of Masque. It wasn't even any actual failure on his own part. What finally made him dump the long underwear was the fact that his personal nemesis, the man whose skills had driven him to seek out additional training from other fighters besides the Cowl, had managed to hand the Tong that employed him a more serious setback than the Cowl and Masque had managed in more than a decade.

So he became a private investigator, at first working independently and later employed by the Carter Detective Agency, putting the skills that he'd developed to good use and trying to make some justice in an unjust world. When old friends sought him out, he would help them, but he wouldn't put doing that ahead of helping his actual clients. There was only so much that a man could do, and so he chose to focus on the small things instead of the big flashy ones that got headlines. And for a while he was happy, as his job took him all over the world, even to Africa a few times.

Then Sarah Blade came into his life, and everything changed. James tried to tell himself that he wanted to be a big brother to her -- she was sixteen years younger than he was, after all! -- but that was not the nature of the relationship that either of them wanted. When their daughter Leah was born, he was a bit horrified to do the math and realize that by the time she was out of high school, he would be half way through his sixties, assuming the best possible world -- which this clearly wasn't. He retired from the agency to focus on caring for her.

Unfortunately, the world would not let him be. In 1996, James was contacted by the people who were forming Argus. They needed his help, specifically certain connections he'd established in West Africa during his career as a detective, in order to prevent yet another madman from engaging in yet another villainous scheme. James wanted to say no, but what they showed him made him genuinely afraid for the first time in years, and the thought of something like this happening in the world his daughter would inherit finally made him agree. He expected to be back home in about a week with a story he wasn't supposed to share but would.

The mission was a disaster. Everything that could go wrong, did, and James was thought killed in action by those who managed to make it back to their headquarters. In fact, he'd survived, but the bastard who took him prisoner did a very good job of making him regret that fact. Kept as a slave, tortured physically and mentally, thinking that it was very likely that he would never see Sarah or Leah again, he took what comfort he could in the company of another prisoner, and ultimately found the strength to help her make an escape attempt.

He did not, does not, know that she succeeded. He does not know that he has a second daughter, born in Ghana.

Eventually, the monster who claimed to own him crossed the wrong people and wound up dead. James managed to escape in the confusion, and made his way to Spain. He'd lost all track of time during his captivity, and was stunned to learn that it was 2007, that a second age of superheroes was under way He was considering how to return to the United States when he came upon a small item in one of the newspapers he was consulting, about the recent murder of one Sarah Blade.

Since then, James Graham has lived quietly in Barcelona, occasionally employed as a consultant by some local private investigators, and doing everything in his power to avoid anything that will remind him of the innumerable failures of his life. He regards the fact that he's been spared senility with some additional regret. Eventually, something is going to let him know that the world is not done with him yet. What he will do then is anyone's guess.

James Graham -- PL 8

Abilities:
STR
3 | STA 3 | AGL 3 | DEX 4 | FGT 6 | INT 4 | AWE 3 | PRE 6

Powers:
Fast on His Feet: Speed 1 (4 MPH) - 1 points
Striking Strength: Strength-based Damage 2 - 2 points

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Close Attack 3, Contacts, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll, Equipment 2, Evasion, Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Languages 3 (Arabic, French, Spanish, Swahili, others), Power Attack, Startle, Takedown 2, Well-informed.

Equipment:
Car: Size Large; Strength 5; Speed 5 (ground); Defense 8; Toughness 8 - 10 points

Skills:
Acrobatics 5 (+8), Athletics 5 (+8), Expertise: Streetwise 9 (+13), Intimidation 6 (+12), Insight 8 (+11), Investigation 8 (+12), Perception 8 (+11), Persuasion 6 (+12), Ranged Combat: Guns 4 (+8), Stealth 8 (+11), Technology 5 (+9), Vehicles 6 (+10).

Offense:
Initiative +7
Unarmed +9 (Close Damage 5)

Defense:
Dodge 7, Parry 9, Fortitude 5, Toughness 5/3, Will 9

Totals:
Abilities 64 + Powers 3 + Advantages 20 + Skills 40 + Defenses 15 = 142 points

Offensive PL: 7
Defensive PL: 7
Resistance PL: 7
Skill PL: 8

Complications:
Justice--Motivation. Dislikes Using Guns. Family (Sarah and Leah Blade) Temper.

For his current PL 4 incarnation, subtract 3 ranks from all physical abilities and Fighting, drop all powers, drop all Combat advantages, reduce all skills by 5 ranks and reduce Will to 6.
Davies

Post by Davies »

El Gato

Growing up in Denver in the early 60s, Carmen Alejo was always aware that she had an unusual talent in the form of a sense for danger. Not until she turned fifteen did she develop the rest of her mutations, with her fingernails growing into sharp claws over the course of a week and her strength, endurance and agility all increasing rapidly. She managed to hide these divergences from her friends and family, but she knew that she had to do something with these talents. Neither criminality nor heroics really appealed to her all that much, though, so she took her time developing a costume, practiced her skills, and waited to see what else fate would throw her way.

Only a few months later, she was out exercising in her costume when she happened on the scene of a fight between Madame Menagerie and her nemesis, Ullr, who both happened to be in Denver that weekend. The Madame seemed to be on the ropes for once, and -- somewhat ironically, given her image -- Carmen felt inclined to come to the aid of the underdog. (Well, given the Madame's tiger image, maybe it wasn't so surprising after all.) She turned the tide of the battle in Madame Menagerie's favor, and the superhero thanked her and encouraged her to continue fighting the good fight. Carmen kept her doubts to herself.

Only a few months after that, Madame Menagerie was dead. Watching the news about her state funeral, Carmen realized that now she had to make good on what the older woman had said to her. That day, she officially became El Gato, the masked defender of Denver, with some ideas of one day joining the Institute in the Madame's place. Of course, fate had a few more tricks to play on that score.

In 1974, El Gato was one of the younger heroes who attempted to join the Institute in its last days, and went through the confusion and tumult that followed. In the aftermath, embarrassed and ashamed, all that she wanted to do was go home to Denver and forget this had ever happened. Yet something in Alphatron's words about their 'fraternity' resonated with her, and she agreed to at least keep in contact with him, even if she thought the team idea was pretty played out.

Three years later, El Imán went on a rampage in Denver, and El Gato knew that fighting him directly was beyond her abilities. So she contacted Alphatron and asked for his help, watching them fight while trying to protect the civilians on the ground below. She wasn't watching them when they exploded, but she certainly saw the aftermath. No one else ever knew that she'd brought this about, or that she felt enormous guilt over what had happened because of it.

In the years afterward, the thrillseeking and wisecracking El Gato vanished, replaced by a grim figure who acted as the self-appointed 'sheriff' of Denver and policed the various small groups of mutants that grew up in the aftermath. She served as a member of the Mile High Marauders when they were established in 1983, and remained with them right up until they fell apart in 1991. In the interim, she also developed a strong enmity with the local vampire, Carmilla, frequently managing to thwart her schemes even if she never quite managed to destroy the monster. El Gato was also one of the first superheroes to come to blows with a young Jodie Crowley.

She left Denver for an extended period between 1988 and 1991, returning in even more of a bad mood than usual, which contributed to the Marauders falling apart. El Gato barely noticed this, continuing her lonely vigil. Sometime in this period, she started the custom of referring to the superpower communities of Denver as 'frats', which continues right up until the present day. As the second age of superheroes got underway, she was a bit amazed that she was regarded as one of the founders of Denver's community, but used this authority to keep them from harming those uninvolved in their internecine squabbles.

She was killed during Cerebron's invasion, blasted to cinders by a heavy drone. What almost no one knows is that, shorty before her death, she crossed paths with Trouble, who had only just realized her connection to the invaders. On learning this, El Gato 'encouraged' (really commanded) Trouble to head further north and join up with some of the more powerful heroes who were planning on taking the fight to the invaders. "All I have are these claws, and they won't be much use there," she said.

No one gave El Gato a state funeral. No one has built any statues to her. But it seems likely that she sleeps the sleep of the just.

El Gato -- PL 7

Abilities:
STR
3 | STA 3 | AGL 4 | DEX 1 | FGT 7 | INT 1 | AWE 3 | PRE 2

Powers:
Catlike Balance: Leaping 2 (30 feet); Movement 1 (Safe Fall) - 4 points
Catlike Senses: Senses 4 (acute tracking olfactory, danger sense, low-light vision) - 4 points
Claws: Strength-based Damage 1, Improved Critical - 2 points

Advantages:
All-out Attack, Defensive Roll, Evasion, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Instant Up, Move-by Action, Uncanny Dodge.

Skills:
Acrobatics 3 (+7), Athletics 5 (+8), Close Combat: Claws 2 (+9), Deception 6 (+8), Insight 4 (+7), Intimidation 6 (+8), Perception 6 (+9), Stealth 4 (+8).

Offense:
Initiative +6
Unarmed +7 (Close Damage 3)
Claws +9 (Close Damage 4, Crit 19-20)

Defense:
Dodge 7, Parry 9, Fortitude 6, Toughness 5/3, Will 6

Totals:
Abilities 48 + Powers 10 + Advantages 9 + Skills 18 + Defenses 11 = 96 points

Offensive PL: 7
Defensive PL: 7
Resistance PL: 6
Skill PL: 4

Complications:
Thrills--Motivation. Loner. Nemesis (Carmilla.) Secret Identity. Temper.

Note: By the mid 80s and early 90s, the PL 8 version of el Gato had developed a Healing Factor (Enhanced Stamina 2; Immunity 3 (aging, disease, poison); Regeneration 5.) She also learned a number of Languages (notably Mandarin) and improved all her skills by two ranks. Her motivation changes to Reluctant Responsibility. By 2000, she was PL 9 and had improved her active defenses by two ranks as well.
Harnos

Post by Harnos »

Davies wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:32 am
No one gave El Gato a state funeral. No one has built any statues to her. But it seems likely that she sleeps the sleep of the just.

That and Alphatron being remembered with destruction... Unsung heroes are a really sad concept. :cry:
Davies

Post by Davies »

Harnos wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:07 am That and Alphatron being remembered with destruction... Unsung heroes are a really sad concept. :cry:
Yeah. As someone I can't remember once said, though, "We don't do it for the glory. We don't do it for the recognition... We do it because it needs to be done. Because if we don't, no one else will. And we do it even if no one knows what we've done. Even if no one knows we exist. Even if no one remembers we ever existed."

Thanks for commenting, though.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Yedokiteri Girumi

1966 saw the debut of Africa's first well-known superhero, Lukas Ammanuel, better known as Yedokiteri Girumi (የዶክተር ግሩም/"Doctor Mirabilis"), based out of Addis Ababa. He had only been active as a scientific problem-solver in the area for a few months when he joined forces with the Grim Brigade on one of their cases, demonstrating a keen intellect in its resolution. He continued to work to advance his nation's standard of living while having many other adventures. Tragically, there was only so much one man could do, and his efforts were cut short by his death in 1971 ... but they combined with other factors to drastically alter the course of Ethiopia's subsequent history.

Lukas Ammanuel was born November 2, 1930, to a wealthy doctor who would, in the next year, become the official physician to Emperor Haile Selassie. The family accompanied their patron when he fled the country following the Italian invasion, and eventually settled in England with him. While his father would continue to accompany the Emperor when the latter returned to their homeland in 1941, Lukas remained behind to continue his studies. Even by that point, he was recognized as an academic prodigy, already studying the fundamentals of medicine. He would not return to Ethiopia until 1951, after completing his medical degree at Oxford and spending a year's study at Columbia in the United States, where he is believed to have met and briefly worked with a noteworthy surgeon and philanthropist based in New York.

By the early 1960s, it was anticipated that Lukas would succeed his father as the Imperial physician when the latter retired, as he was expected to do shortly. Lukas defied these expectations by politely declining the post and recommending another. While respectful of Haile Selassie's attempts to reform the state, he disagreed with the decision that had been made to annex Eritrea, feeling that it locked the nation into a conflict that would sap resources needed to continue those reforms. Observing the activities of other costumed adventurers abroad, Lukas decided to imitate their style in the hopes of providing inspiration to the people of Ethiopia, while employing his intellect and training on their behalf, recruiting allies from his homeland and teaching students as well.

In the process, Yedokiteri Girumi allied with many of the superheroes of the first age -- joining forces with the Grim Brigade first, and then allying with Captain Mystic against Doctor Ranivorous, with whom he engaged in a battle of wits and nerve whose victor was never clearly established. He also rescued the Arabian Peninsula from the ravages of al-Mushtari the Wind Giant. While Lukas' Ethiopian allies and students regarded these adventures as diversions from his work at home, he preferred to view them as learning opportunities, and welcomed the challenges that they presented. Their view of things was somewhat validated when he was killed in the Battle of Vietnam, while trying to assist his friends in the Grim Brigade.

However, those very allies would continue his work. In 1974, they led a small force which prevented the nascent Derg from overthrowing the Ethiopian government, then 'persuaded' Haile Selassie to step down in favor of his grandson, Amha Selassie, whom they organized to protect. The defeudalization of Ethiopia accelerated under their leadership; unfortunately, so did the civil war in Eritrea. While able to minimize the damage of famine in the next decades, many thousands still died. These so-called Miracle Workers have a mixed reputation in their homeland, with some believing that they were nearly as brutal as what they opposed. But Ethiopia survived, allied to neither the east nor the west.

The memory of Yedokiteri Girumi is somewhat better regarded outside of his homeland than within it, with many great deeds that he certainly would have wanted to do ascribed to him. In 2014, the first of a series of films about his life was made in Hollywood, with a sequel released in 2018. Tragically, much as with the man they represent, the life and career of the actor who portrayed him was cut tragically short before a third film could be made, leaving the project in limbo. Yet they continue to inspire, and perhaps that's enough.

Yedokiteri Girumi - PL 10

STR
3 | STA 3 | AGL 4 | DEX 3 | FGT 5 | INT 10 | AWE 6 | PRE 5

Powers:
Fast Runner: Speed 2 (8 MPH) - 2 points

Advantages:
All-out Attack, Assessment, Benefit 2 (independently wealthy), Connected, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll, Equipment 20, Evasion, Fast Grab, Fearless, Improved Trip, Inspire 2, Inventor, Jack-of-all-Trades, Languages 5 (many, [Amharic is native]), Ranged Attack 5, Speed of Thought, Ultimate Effort (Treatment), Well-informed.

Equipment:
100 points needed for any bases, equipment or weapons required.

Skills:
Acrobatics 6 (+10), Athletics 6 (+9), Close Combat: Unarmed 6 (+11), Expertise: Science 5 (+15), Insight 7 (+13), Investigation 3 (+13), Persuasion 6 (+11), Perception 6 (+12), Stealth 6 (+10), Technology 4 (+14), Treatment 5 (+15).

Offense:
Initiative +10
Unarmed +11 (Close Damage 3)

Defense:
Dodge 9, Parry 11, Fortitude 6, Toughness 5/3, Will 12

Totals:
Abilities 78 + Powers 2 + Advantages 48 + Skills 30 + Defenses 20 = 178 points

Offensive PL: 7*
Defensive PL: 8
Resistance PL: 9
Skill PL: 10

Complications:
Responsibility--Motivation. Fame. Public Identity.

Note: Yibambe.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Lord Kazen

With more than a century* remaining of his projected lifespan, Kazen Aos-re sometimes finds himself looking back over the course of that life to this point and marveling at the twists and swerves of fate that brought him to this point. Not frequently, of course; the sort of personality that is driven to master the capabilities of the Dhakimite physiology is not generally given to reflection, but rather focused on the immediate present. And that present has raised him up higher than he could ever have imagined.

He began his career as a simple soldier in Dhakimat's military whose physical examination indicated that he might be able to endure the training to become a super-soldier. Kazen bettered that evaluation by not merely enduring it, but excelling at it as one of the most talented recruits the Planetary Defense Force had trained in its history. He was also a skilled soldier and commander, and seemed -- then -- to be utterly loyal to Dhakimat and its government. (Kazen would claim that he still is.)

As such, he was a logical choice to be sent as a military adviser to the Imperium, which was then in the middle of its Galactor crisis. He offered the Senate the best advice he could, and yet the threat was ultimately overcome by other factors. Kazen believed that this caused the Senate to subsequently place a low value on his talents, such that he found himself (and the other Dhakimite advisers, who by then regarded him as their chief) to be marginalized. This shouldn't have annoyed him, but it did.

Time passed, and Kazen's dissatisfaction with the venality and folly of the Senate continued to grow. When the Crimson King rose to power, Kazen had the opportunity to stop it in its tracks. He chose instead a course of inaction, not because of any affection or regard for the Crimson King, but because he had reached the conclusion that any change to the way that the Imperium was ruled could only benefit Dhakimat. Either the interstellar government would completely collapse and his home world could take advantage of that, or it would continue to thrive and the productive alliance between their states would also continue.

The latter was what happened, and in addition the Crimson King seemed much more willing to listen to the Dhakimite military advisers, and Kazen in particular. For decades*, he helped to shape the military policies of the Crimson Imperium, while also keeping in fighting trim by leading small units of the Imperial Marines into battle -- something which was technically beyond the scope of his orders. The Crimson King rewarded his efforts by granting him a title within the new system of aristocracy he was creating, and arranged for Kazen to become an authority within the Dhakimite hierarchy as well, despite the fact that he has never even seen his home planet in decades.

Last year*, however, came the greatest twist. Summoned to a private meeting with the Crimson King, he was invited to examine a new suit of heavy armor manufactured by one of the ruler's secretly-owned corporations. Upon wearing it, he experienced the surge of power which told him that he was within an environment that facilitated the Dhakimite powers! For generations, the scientists of Dhakimat had struggled to create a method of artificially stimulating their species' abilities under those circumstances which inhibited their use, and now it was within his grasp. Kazen eagerly asked how soon Dhakimat could receive an order of these armored suits.

The Crimson King smiled, then, and informed him that manufacturing one suit of this type cost about as much Dhakimat's entire economy produced in a single year*. Buying even a few of them, to outfit the best super-soldiers of Kazen's homeworld, would beggar the planet. But ... perhaps an arrangement could be made. If Lord Kazen agreed to use his abilities, both military and inherent, in the personal service of the Crimson King, then eventually, a number of the suits would be made available to his people.

It might have been wiser to refuse. Once again, Kazen was in a position to destroy the Crimson King's ambitions, and the man himself. But this time he had a better understanding of the trap in which he was placed. If he were to kill the Crimson King now, the secret of the suit's manufacture would almost certainly be lost in the chaos that would surely follow. And the mastermind that had brought him to this pass doubtless had contingencies that would ensure that Kazen would not personally profit from that deed. This time, he could not reasonably choose inaction. This time, he agreed to become the Crimson King's personal agent.

In the months since then, Lord Kazen has been installed as the commander of the Scarlet Knights, a new order within the Imperial military, composed of beings with unusual powers who, like him, have agreed to be the agents of the Crimson King. He has grave doubts about the reliability and overall sanity of many of his fellows, but is certain of his own ability to marshal them to his will. He is even more uncertain about what he has learned of their first major mission, to be embarked upon shortly. All this, to attack some nowhere system in the Unclaimed Regions, when they could be eliminating the insurgency or dealing with the insanity on Kapech? Well, regardless of the situation he'll put up with this until the Crimson King delivers those suits to Dhakimat.

Owing to the fact that the Dhakimites never tamed any of the animals of their world, they do not have a fable equivalent to 'the carrot and the stick.'

Lord Kazen -- PL 13

Abilities:
STR
15/9 | STA 9 | AGL 2 | DEX 3 | FGT 7 | INT 3 | AWE 4 | PRE 3

Powers:
Battle Armor: Removable (-7 points)
* Communications Suite: Radio Communication 4; Senses 1 (radio) - 21 points
* Environmental Systems: Feature (Dhakimat-like environment) - 1 point
* Psychic Defenses: Impervious Will 12, Limited to mental effects - 6 points
* Serenium Shell: Impervious Protection 4 - 8 points
Dhakimite Powers: Array (21 points)
  • Blast Vision: Ranged Damage 10, Precise - 21 points
  • Hyper-Senses: Remote Sensing 9 (Visual), Subtle 2 - 1 point
  • Hyper-Shout: Cone Area Damage 10 - 1 point
  • Hyper-Speed: Enhanced Flight 8 (125,000 MPH); Movement 2 (space travel 2) - 1 point
  • Hyper-Strength: Enhanced Strength 6; Enhanced Strength 9 (400 kilotons), Limited to Lifting - 1 points
Great Speed: Enhanced Advantages 8 (Close Attack 2, Improved Initiative 3, Interpose, Move-by Action), Quirk (Close Attack is only enhanced against targets with a lower Initiative total); Enhanced Defense 12 (Dodge 6, Parry 6); Flight 8 (500 MPH), Aquatic; Quickness 8 - 44 points
Great Toughness: Immunity 10 (life support); Impervious Toughness 9; Regeneration 5 - 24 points
Translator Circuit: Comprehend Languages 2 - 6 points

Advantages:
All-out Attack, Close Attack 2, Defensive Attack, Improved Initiative 4, Interpose, Langugage (Imperium Standard, [Dhakimat is native]) Leadership, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Startle, Takedown 2.

Skills:
Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+9), Deception 6 (+9), Expertise: Galactic 9 (+12), Expertise: Military 8 (+11), Intimidation 8 (+11), Perception 6 (+10), Ranged Combat: Blast Vision 7 (+10), Stealth 6 (+8), Technology 5 (+8), Vehicles 5 (+8).

Offense:
Initiative +18
Unarmed +11/+9 (Close Damage 9)
Hyper-Strength +11/+9 (Close Damage 15)
Blast Vision +14 (Close Damage 10)

Defense:
Dodge 11/5, Parry 13/7, Fortitude 10, Toughness 13/9, Will 12.

Totals:
Abilities 80 + Powers 128 + Advantages 14 + Skills 31 + Defenses 12 = 265 points

Offensive PL: 13
Defensive PL: 13
Resistance PL: 11
Skill PL: 7

Complications:
Ambition--Motivation. Power Loss/Weakness (loses all powers and becomes Strength and Stamina Disabled outside of Dhakimat-like environments). Power Loss/Weakness (as above, when exposed to theonite.)
Davies

Post by Davies »

The Dominator

Often, on those occasions when a wealthy subject of the Crimson Imperium seeks to be elevated into the ranks of the nobility, the Crimson King asks for more than just a demonstration of financial loyalty. In the case of members of the criminal underworld seeking legitimacy, he will often request that they betray certain of their subordinates to the legal system -- generally their most effective and competent subordinates, so as to reduce their organizations' overall effectiveness and ability to defend themselves from their rivals. Of course, the betrayed are not always imprisoned or killed. That would be an incredible waste of talent and ingenuity, though a sadly unavoidable one in some cases. Many of them are given new lives and put to work for the Inquisition, or the more subtle branches of the Imperium's military. One such individual, 'recruited' by the Crimson King from among the crew of a certain former pirate chieftain shortly after the disaster at Gelesh, has instead become one of the lynchpins of the newly formed Scarlet Knights.

No one is quite sure where the being known as the Dominator comes from. They do not match the profile of any of the known species of the Imperium, but there are countless worlds within its borders (and still more in the Unclaimed Regions) that have only ever been added to the databases as existing and bearing life, without any study of what that life might entail. One rather unlikely theory, based on some vague resemblance and certain similarities of diet, is that they are a mutant example of the species known as the Isakari. The Dominator hasn't answered any questions about their background, and psychic probing has failed to yield results owing to their own talents in this area.

The Dominator is an extremely powerful telepath, able to place even very strong wills under their psychic command or manipulate a target's memories so as to render an enemy completely helpless. During their career as a pirate, they frequently rendered raiding parties that they accompanied invisible, as well as tearing enemy psyches apart to reveal strategies. While physically fragile compared to some of their current associates, a force field belt has allowed them to stand among them. All this power is fortunately yoked to a mentality that cares only for short-term financial gain, rather than having any long-term ambitions of ascending to power in the Crimson King's place. They might have had vague notions of being a behind the scenes ruler, but a few hours in the Crimson King's presence convinced them of the folly of such ideas. Or so they are pretending.

They are also limited by their diet. While largely subsisting on nutrient paste, once per week they must consume the brain of a formerly sapient being. As a pirate, they preyed on the victims of their vessel's predations, and occasionally on disobedient or ineffective members of the crew. Since being taken into the Imperium's service, they have subsisted on a supply of clones, which supplies what they need but does not really satisfy. Consequently, they are looking forward to the mission the Knights are preparing to undertake, where they'll be able to feed to their heart's content as long as they produce the intelligence that they're supposed to gather ...

The Dominator -- PL 12

Abilities:
STR
3 | STA 5 | AGL 5 | DEX 3 | FGT 7 | INT 7 | AWE 6 | PRE 5

Powers:
Basic Telepathy: Selective Area Communication 3; Comprehend Languages 3 - 27 points
Force Field Belt: Sustained Impervious Protection 8; Removable (-3 points) - 13 points
Telepathic Disciplines: Array (48 points)
  • Cloaking: Selective Burst Area Affects Others and Self Concealment 8 (all but mental) - 1 point
  • Domination: Perception Range Cumulative Affliction 12 (Resisted by Will; Dazed, Compelled, Controlled) - 48 points
  • Memory Modification: Perception Range Cumulative Affliction 12 (Resisted by Will; Dazed, Entranced, Transformed) - 1 point
  • Mind Blast: Selective Cone Area Damage 12, Resisted By Will - 1 point
  • Mind Probe: Cumulative Effortless Mind Reading 12 - 1 point
Shielded Mind: Impervious Will 12, Limited to Mental effects - 6 points

Advantages:
Eidetic Memory, Equipment 4, Evasion, Fascinate (Intimidation), Fearless, Improved Initiative, Set-up 3, Skill Mastery (Intimidation), Speed of Thought, Startle.

Equipment:
Jetpack (Flight 5), Space Suit (Immunity 10 [life support]).

Skills:
Deception 7 (+12), Expertise: Criminal 6 (+13), Expertise: Galactic 6 (+13), Insight 6 (+12), Intimidation 7 (+12), Perception 6 (+12), Stealth 8 (+13).

Offense:
Initiative +11
Unarmed +7 (Close Damage 3)
Domination & Memory Modification -- (Perception Range Will 9)
Mind Blast -- (Selective Cone Area Damage 12, Resisted by Will)

Defense:
Dodge 9, Parry 9, Fortitude 6, Toughness 13/5, Will 14

Totals:
Abilities 82 + Powers 85 + Advantages 15 + Skills 23 + Defenses 15 = 232 points

Offensive PL: 12
Defensive PL: 11
Resistance PL: 10
Skill PL: 8

Complications:
Greed--Motivation. Dependency (must eat sapient creature's brain once per week.) Strange Appearance.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Voyager

The being dubbed the Voyager was discovered only through an extremely unlikely chain of events. Four years* ago, one of the Inquisitors was touring the factory planet Strahite when her unreliable precognitive senses informed her that the planet was likely to suffer a meteor impact within the next three weeks. Rather than trust the planetary defenses to handle it -- if they could, she reasoned, the impact wouldn't be likely -- she commandeered the system defense feet and set them to a course of sensor sweeping the system to find and intercept the bolide. One of the ships managed to do just that, but another one, in a completely different sector of the system, discovered a comparably massive body moving on a vector that would have taken it out of the system in a few days' time, and investigated more closely when the body was discovered to be humanoid in size.

Examined first on Strahite, later on Taranta, the Voyager proved to be a humanoid male identical to a Chiraben down to the cellular level. When he awakened, midway through the latter series of tests, he seemed to have the mind of an infant, unable to communicate even through the use of telepathy but quick to learn and integrate new information. Within a few weeks, he was speaking Imperium Standard with the faculty of a typical first grade student, and quickly understood and integrated most subjects. But he had no knowledge of any previous existence.

Naturally, the Crimson King ordered that his newest subject be indoctrinated with absolute loyalty to the Imperium (and carefully conditioned to be unable to use any of the unusual powers that he demonstrated on the Crimson King or any individuals who spoke certain key phrases) and trained as a super-soldier. From time to time, however, the Crimson King has experienced rare moments of doubt as to whether this was really the best course of action. While it is possible that the Voyager is a Chiraben mutant, or even one of the legendary rising stars, who has suffered some sort of episode that left him bereft of his consciousness, another, more concerning possibility has been suggested.

Based on the vector that the Voyager was following as he passed through Strahite's system, his point of origin lies beyond the Wild Beyond, the furthest reaches of Chiraben exploration. If this is the case, and if he originates from some unknown civilization beyond the Wild Beyond, that implies some rather disturbing things about the capabilities of that civilization, as they are apparently able to perceive the life forms within the Imperium -- which is implicit in the Voyager's own, very long range sensory abilities -- and recreate them exactly on a cellular level, while endowing their creations with powers and abilities far beyond what they would normally possess. It does not seem likely that they would do this casually, which in turn suggests that the Voyager was sent to the Imperium as some manner of herald, but that the message he was meant to deliver has been lost.

When the Crimson King considers these matters, he usually concludes with a shrug, and decides that this is a problem for some other day. For now, the Voyager has been trained to use his remarkable talents, travelling through space at fantastic velocities and transforming his body to become either sufficiently dense as to posses gravitational influence or sufficiently plasmatic to burn like a small star, for the benefit of the Imperium. From time to time, however, he does seem to lose himself in thought while examining the universe around him, on rare occasions even discussing what he observes in somewhat lyrical terms. Is it possible that whoever created him actually intended him as some sort of biological space probe? And that they did, in fact, send a poet?

Voyager -- PL 12

Abilities:
STR
16/6 | STA 17/7 | AGL 2 | DEX 3 | FGT 5 | INT 2 | AWE 2 | PRE 1

Powers:
Hypersenses: Senses 14 (hyper-extended vision 3, hyper-extended acute energy awareness 3) - 14 points
Mode-shifting: Array (64 points)
  • Hypersolid Mode: Growth 10, Density (Strength +10, Stamina +10, Dodge -5, Parry -5); Impervious Toughness 10; Move Object 12 - 64 points
  • Plasma Mode: Insubstantial 3; Reaction Damage 12 - 1 point
Star Traveler: Flight 16 (125,000 MPH); Immunity 10 (life support); Movement 3 (space travel 3) - 48 points
Strange Mentality: Immunity 20 (mental effects), Limited to half effect - 10 points

Advantages:
Agile Feint, Close Attack 3, Fearless 2, Improved Hold, Improved Smash, Move-by Action, Weapon Break.

Skills:
Expertise: Galactic 10 (+12), Intimidation 10 (+11), Perception 8 (+10), Ranged Attack: Gravity 6 (+9).

Offense:
Initiative +2
Unarmed +8 (Close Damage 6)
Hypersolid Mode +8 (Close Damage 16)
Plasma Mode +8 (No Strength Damage plus Reaction Damage 12)

Defense:
Dodge 12/7, Parry 10/5, Fortitude 18/8, Toughness 17/7, Will 6.

Totals:
Abilities 56 + Powers 137 + Advantages 10 + Skills 17 + Defenses 10 = 230 points

Offensive PL: 12
Defensive PL: 12
Resistance PL: 12
Skill PL: 7

Complications:
Conditioned Obedience--Motivation. Easily Distracted. Vulnerability (magnetism.)