Solar's Build Thread - The In-Between-Updates Update!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: Solar's Build Thread - Boku no VILLAIN Academia Update

Post by Jabroniville »

haha, nice. A clear homage without being obviously the same character (given that the power tiers are COMPLETELY different), plus giving us a bad guy with an ultra-sympathetic backstory. He has all the makings of a Breakout Character, especially if they do stuff like have him turn good. This is the kind of guy a "Popularity Poll" can derail the story for!
MarvelLion

Post by MarvelLion »

No worries! These things happen, haha
But you're back now, and with an awesome Loud Cloud build! He was a cool character, especially for the short time he had, and such a sad and tragic story. Eraser Head and especially Present Mic's reactions during their interrogation of Kurogiri was heart wrenching. Can't wait for the next one!
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

SolarOracle wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:48 am Honestly, I'd say One For All and the League's biggest mistake throughout the series is him not being more directly involved with the other members of the league with Doctor Garaki. If some of the other members had been modified like Gigantomachia to be able to wield more than a single quirk each, the heroes wouldn't have any chance against them.
Based on what's revealed about One For All, it's possible that giving one character multiple Quirks is normally a bad idea, possibly even fatal to the user. It seems like having multiple Quirks puts a strain on the body unless the wielder has some kind of unique disposition (or was born Quirkless), and that at the very least, the more Quirks you have, the shorter your lifespan. It could be one reason why Gigantomachia spends so much time in hybernation or inactive: because too much activity would hasten his death and "burning out", and he's too valuable a tool to waste just yet.

So All For One COULD have combined a lot of Quirks in individuals, but it's likely that without extensive gene therapy like Shigaraki and Nine received that most people would eventually die. AfO likely wouldn't care about the loss of life, but the loss of useful Quirks would be seen as wasteful.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
MarvelLion

Post by MarvelLion »

Ares wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:48 pm
SolarOracle wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 7:48 am Honestly, I'd say One For All and the League's biggest mistake throughout the series is him not being more directly involved with the other members of the league with Doctor Garaki. If some of the other members had been modified like Gigantomachia to be able to wield more than a single quirk each, the heroes wouldn't have any chance against them.
Based on what's revealed about One For All, it's possible that giving one character multiple Quirks is normally a bad idea, possibly even fatal to the user. It seems like having multiple Quirks puts a strain on the body unless the wielder has some kind of unique disposition (or was born Quirkless), and that at the very least, the more Quirks you have, the shorter your lifespan. It could be one reason why Gigantomachia spends so much time in hybernation or inactive: because too much activity would hasten his death and "burning out", and he's too valuable a tool to waste just yet.

So All For One COULD have combined a lot of Quirks in individuals, but it's likely that without extensive gene therapy like Shigaraki and Nine received that most people would eventually die. AfO likely wouldn't care about the loss of life, but the loss of useful Quirks would be seen as wasteful.
Exactly this. And even Nine, in my opinion, seemed like a guinea pig for All For One to use for Shigaraki; so that Dr Garaki would know what to rework and what to avoid altogether.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Also, I love Loud Cloud's design and Quirk. That's a really unique ability and a fun way to homage a classic mythological/anime character without being too "on the nose". Honestly, you could see Shirakumo intentionally going for the Sun Wukong/Son Goku look once he figured out what he could do.

I want to say that he could also use his clouds as a limited form of Telekinesis, allowing him to move people around and even have items stored in the clouds he made, but I'm not sure.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

MarvelLion wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:00 pm Exactly this. And even Nine, in my opinion, seemed like a guinea pig for All For One to use for Shigaraki; so that Dr Garaki would know what to rework and what to avoid altogether.
It's also potentially why Nomu tend to apparently be created from corpses and wind up turning the person into these weird creatures of varying intelligence and personality. Having multiple Quirks requires a specially designed body and is used for "disposable" minions not expected to last long.

FuzzyBoots

Re: Mt. Lady

Post by FuzzyBoots »

SolarOracle wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:03 am Mineyama Hero: Mt. Lady

Powers
Quirk - Gigantification: Growth 12 (Strength and Stamina +12, Mass +12, Intimidation +6, Speed +3, Dodge and Parry -6, -12 Stealth) (20 meters), linked to Growth +4 (Mass +4 (+16 total), Intimidation +2 (+8 total), Dodge and Parry -2 (-8 total), Speed +1 (+4 total), -4 Stealth (-16 total)) (Flaws: Limited to not increasing Strength or Stamina). [30]
Someone on Reddit was asking about this build, and I can't say I disagree with them. It looks like you added two additional ranks of Speed to make it every 4 ranks instead of every 8? And I'm guessing you're only doing a -1 Flaw for your Limit?
SolarOracle

Re: Mt. Lady

Post by SolarOracle »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 12:25 am
SolarOracle wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:03 am Mineyama Hero: Mt. Lady

Powers
Quirk - Gigantification: Growth 12 (Strength and Stamina +12, Mass +12, Intimidation +6, Speed +3, Dodge and Parry -6, -12 Stealth) (20 meters), linked to Growth +4 (Mass +4 (+16 total), Intimidation +2 (+8 total), Dodge and Parry -2 (-8 total), Speed +1 (+4 total), -4 Stealth (-16 total)) (Flaws: Limited to not increasing Strength or Stamina). [30]
Someone on Reddit was asking about this build, and I can't say I disagree with them. It looks like you added two additional ranks of Speed to make it every 4 ranks instead of every 8? And I'm guessing you're only doing a -1 Flaw for your Limit?
Oh, crap, good catch. I guess I did the speed at +1/4 ranks instead of +1/8 ranks by accident and priced it wrong, probably because of me shifting around the growth ranks while I was doing the build. I'll go fix the build, if you're willing to point out my mistake to the dude who pointed this out, I'd appreciate it, LOL.
SolarOracle

Kurogiri

Post by SolarOracle »

Fanart by StrawberryOverlord

Kurogiri

Identity: Shirakumo Oboro, Public Identity.
Height: Unknown. Presumably around 1.87 meters.
Weight: Unknown.
Eyes: Naturally blue, but obscured by mist.
Hair: Naturally a light blue flame, but obscured by mist.
Skin: Naturally fair, but obscured by mist.
Quirk Type: Emitter.
Group: The League of Villains.
Base of Operations: Japan.

Power Level 5 (PL 10 Deflection) - 90 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 0, Agility 1, Fighting 2, Awareness 1
Stamina 3, Dexterity 0, Intellect 2, Presence 2

Powers
Quirk - Warp Gate
Teleport Attacks
: Area (15 ft. Cloud) Deflect 10 (Extras: Redirect, Reflect). (40) -- [41]
  • Area 2 (30 ft. Cloud) Teleport Attack 6 (500 meters or 1800 ft.) (Extras: Extended, Selective). (36)
Advantages
Assessment

Skills
Athletics 2
(+2 total).
Expertise (Criminal) 6 (+8 total).
Intimidation 4 (+6 total).
Insight 6 (+7 total).
Investigation 3 (+5 total).
Perception 3 (+5 total).
Persuasion 2 (+4 total).

Offense
Initiative +1

Unarmed +2, close damage 0.

Defense
Dodge 5, Fortitude 6, Parry 5, Toughness 3, Will 6

Complications

Motivation: Shigaraki and All For One’s Will: Kurogiri is a loyal servant to All For One and Shigaraki, and will use his powers the best he can to assist them.

Vestiges of Previous Self: Within Kurogiri, some of Shirakumo’s memories and personality still remains, even if hidden away deeply in the villain. Because of this, those who knew Shirakumo in the past are able to drag some of him out from time to time, with some effort.

Coordinate-based Quirk: For Kurogiri’s quirk to take effect, he must know the exact geographical coordinates of the place he is opening his portal to.

22 Abilities, 41 Powers, 1 Advantages, 13 Skills, 15 Defenses = 90 Character Points

About: Kurogiri is an enigmatic member of the League of Villains who operates as Shigaraki Tomura's right hand man and as a direct subordinate to All For One. He has a constant calm and calculated demeanor, always following his orders and behaving in almoist gentlemanly fashion. His quirk, Warp Gate, created by combining the quirk of his previous self with a teleportation quirk, allows him to emit a black mist from his body that he is able to use as portals to teleport others.

Kurogiri was created through the corpse of Shirakumo that was retrieved by All For One, and is arguably Dr. Garaki's most addvanced Nomu, having a human level of intelligence and a personality of his own. He was shown to have operated as a direct subordinate of All For One during the events of Vigilantes, teleporting All For One from one place to the next in safety and acting as a sort of second in command to him.

After Shigaraki is rescued by All For One and put in charge of the League, Kurogiri is put as a second in command to him, and assists Shigaraki with his plans, also seeming to be the one to take care of the bar that is the League's hideout. He's a bnig part of most League of Villain schemes, such as being the one to warp Shigaraki, a powerful Nomu and a bunch of League of Villain recruits to the USJ, in an attempt to attack the students and kill All Might, and uses his quirk to spread the students out in the USJ to ambush them with the villains (which kind of begs the question of why he didn't just warp them to the top of random buildings and in the middle of the street instead to get rid of them, since we know his teleport is able to at the very least teleport people between other cities in Tokyo, but whatever). He is the one to fight against Thirteen, using his body to teleport the suction of her black holes back at her and incapacitate her, and later, when the rest of the U.A. staff shows up, to teleport Shigaraki and himself to safety.

Later, when Iida was fighting the Hero Killer, Stain, in Hosu City, under Shigaraki's orders, he teleports a few low rank Nomu to spread havoc in the city, which Shigaraki did in retaliation of Stain refusing to join the League, distracting the pro heroes and making the general population believe the Hero Killer was working with the League, to Shigaraki's dismay, but resulting in people who agreed with Stain's ideals to want to join the League of Villains, with most of their most notable members coming from this influx.

After All Might defeats All For One, Kurogiri offers to assist Shigaraki, who was feeling lost after the capture of his mentor, by retrieving a "special power" All For One had told him about that would help Shigaraki if he was ever taken down (which, presumably, is Gigantomachia and Dr. Garaki, who would train Shigaraki's body to handle the true version of All For One's quirk, something that happens later on in the series). However, Kurogiri ends up being captured by Gran Torino and Detective Tsukauchi, from the japanese police force, and taken to the max security prison, Tartarus.

While there, Kurogiri is identified as being Loud Cloud's body, and Present Mic and Eraser Head are taken there to try to make him remember them and assist the heroes against the League, which, with a lot of effort, they manage to somewhat succeed in, dispelling the black mist covering Shirakumo's body for a few seconds after Eraser Head talks about their school days, with Shirakumo's consiousness showing up for a few seconds, and revealing that the villains are hiding something at a hospital, leading to the heroes apprehhending Dr. Garaki later on.

It is unclear if Kurogiri escaped Tartarus when All For One caused the massive breakout from a lot of high-rank villains, so as far as we know, that was the last we will see of him. Kurogiri ended up being pretty interesting due to him being a Nomu and all, and due to him being Shirakumo originally. The scene with Eraser Head crying out to his old friend while Kurogiri is imprisoned is fucking amazing, and I can't wait to see it animated. Present Mic enraged and punching Dr. Garaki due to what he did to his friend is really great as well.

Build-wise, I tried to import a bit of the stats he had as Shirakumo into his stats as Kurogiri, but also show how his shift on memories and personality affected him, with his body weakening and stuff. The deflect is meant to represent him using his mist to teleport away incoming attacks, something he did to stop Shigaraki and Toga from fighting. Other than that, I did his Teleport with an Extended extra to sort-of in-game explanation to him not just Teleporting all the students to, like, the middle of the streets in another town or something.

Outfits: Kurogiri covers his body with the black mist created by his quirk, with only two glowing yellow streaks from his eyes being visible. Over his fog, he wears a white shirt with a dark grey suit and tie, as well as a pair of black formal pants and brown shoes. Over his neck, he wears a set of metal plates that covers the only part of his body that does not produce his black mist.
SolarOracle

Post by SolarOracle »

Ares wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:23 pm I want to say that he could also use his clouds as a limited form of Telekinesis, allowing him to move people around and even have items stored in the clouds he made, but I'm not sure.
Oh yeah, I meant to give Movable to his create, but I guess I forgot to add it. Thanks for pointing it out, man. Gonna fix the build.
MarvelLion wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:00 pm

Exactly this. And even Nine, in my opinion, seemed like a guinea pig for All For One to use for Shigaraki; so that Dr Garaki would know what to rework and what to avoid altogether.
Hm, yeah, I guess that makes sense. There's also the fact that the multiple quirk process seems to impact the mind of the individual is used in (the one exception to that being Nine), as we see with Gigantomachia and the high-end Nomu, so I doubt most League members would be okay with going through with it.
MarvelLion

Post by MarvelLion »

Excellent Kurogiri build!
I've always liked Kurogiri, mainly because I've always been a fan of formally dressed characters - Zatara, Zatana, Tuxedo Mask, etc. Given that, along with his butler-like personality and tragic origin story, I think he's pretty cool. I hope he comes back eventually.
MarvelLion

Post by MarvelLion »

SolarOracle wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:51 am
Ares wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:23 pm I want to say that he could also use his clouds as a limited form of Telekinesis, allowing him to move people around and even have items stored in the clouds he made, but I'm not sure.
Oh yeah, I meant to give Movable to his create, but I guess I forgot to add it. Thanks for pointing it out, man. Gonna fix the build.
MarvelLion wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 3:00 pm

Hm, yeah, I guess that makes sense. There's also the fact that the multiple quirk process seems to impact the mind of the individual is used in (the one exception to that being Nine), as we see with Gigantomachia and the high-end Nomu, so I doubt most League members would be okay with going through with it.
That's another good point! Especially because the members of the League like that they've all accepted and welcomed each other despite their flaws.
SolarOracle

Shigaraki Tomura

Post by SolarOracle »

Fanart by YunalunaArts

Shigaraki Tomura (Beginning/Pre-Boku no Villain Academia Arc)

Identity: Shimura Tenko, Public Identity.
Height: 1.75 meters.
Eyes: Red.
Hair: White (manga) or light cobalt (anime). Originally black.
Skin: Pale.
Group: League of Villains.

Power Level 7 (PL 6 Defense) - 79 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 0, Agility 2, Fighting 3, Awareness 1
Stamina 3, Dexterity 1, Intellect 1, Presence 0

Powers
Quirk - Decay

Weaken Toughness 8 (Extras: Affects Objects), linked to Damage 6. [22]

Advantages
Close Attack, Improved Critical (Decay)

Skills
Athletics 2
(+2 total).
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+6 total).
Deception 2 (+2 total).
Expertise (Criminal) 3 (+4 total).
Insight 2 (+3 total).
Intimidation 4 (+4 total).
Perception 6 (+7 total).
Persuasion 2 (+2 total).
Sleight of Hand 3 (+5 total).
Stealth 4 (+6 total).

Offense
Initiative +2

Unarmed +6, close damage 0.
Decay +6, close damage 6, weaken (Toughness), Fortitude DC 18, critical 19-20.

Defense
Dodge 8, Fortitude 4, Parry 8, Toughness 3, Will 6

Complications

Motivation: To Destroy Hero Society: Shigaraki was rescued by All For One as a child when he was abandoned on the streets, when no hero showed up to help him, and, as a result, Shigaraki grew to have some degree of admiration for the villain. He wants to take down the society that failed him as a child and to carry out All For One’s dream.

22 Abilities, 22 Powers, 2 Advantages, 15 Skills, 18 Defenses = 79 Character Points

About: Shigaraki Tomura is the strange and powerful current leader of the League of Villains, put in charge of it by All For One himself. Shigaraki is shown to be cruel, cold, distant and somewhat childish and entitled, probably as a result of the trauma he lived through. Despite this, he seems to care for his subordinates, developing somewhat of a bond as the series goes on. His quirk, Decay, allows him to rapidly age and corode anything he touches with all five of his fingers, something he uses to attack other head on and break through their defenses.

Shigaraki, whose birth name is Shimura Tenko, is the grandson of Shimura Nana, the seventh user of One For All and All Might's teacher and close friend. He grew up in a loving family with his maternal grandparents, mother and sister, as well as his father, who detested his mother and super heroics in general. After a fight with his family after learning of his grandmother, Tenko ended up awakening his quirk while with his sister on their backyard, which, at the time not only could weaken what he touched, but also decayed the surrounding area of whatever he touched.

As Tenko struggled with his newly acquired quirk, he reached his hand out to his sister, killing her by accident and the family's dog, this escalating due to how his quirk works in him destroying the entire house and killing all of his family, the last of which was his father, whom Tenko, distraught and overcome with many emotions, killed on purpose, unlike the rest of his victims.

Confused, Tenko fled, having to spend days living on the streets crying, with the people passing by noticing his distress, but no one acting due to them thinking a hero will show up to save him. After a few days, Tenko is rescued by All For One, who had noticed the kid on the streets and recognized him as the grandson of Shimura Nana, deciding he would be a useful part of his master plan due to the emotional weight the boy's relations would have on All Might. All For One then renamed the boy as Shigaraki Tomura, with Shigaraki being All For One's own family name and Tomura meaning funeral, symbolic for the death of his old self. He then dressed Shigaraki with a villain costume that contained the hands of his dead family, all of which were made to grab onto him and his father's hand being the one to cover his face.

As Shigaraki grew up being tutored by All For One, his quirk ended up weakening, due to the trauma of when he first awakened his power, being now only able to decay things he is directly touching and them being damaged much slower. He was put in charge of the League of Villains by All For One when he was in his late teens, as part of his plan to topple hero society.

During most of Boku no Hero, Shigaraki opperates as the primary antagonist, but only appearing in person against the heroes very rarely. As the League grows is number and they are begun to be tracked down by pro heroes, Shigaraki develops a close bond of friendship with the other members of his team, who begin to give him their trust. Later on in the series, after Kurogiri is captured, the League of Villains meets up with Doctor Garaki and Gigantomachia, who begin to train the members of the League.

During this period of training, the League ends up having to fight off against the Meta Liberation Army, with Shigaraki being the one who has to take on Re-Destro, the Army's grand commander. During their fight, Shigaraki remembers his past and reawakens the more powerful version of his quirk, now capable of spreading from whatever he touched to the surrounding area, a power he used to destroy Re-Destro's legs and defeat him, causing the Meta Liberation Army to surrender themselves to the League, both later merging as the Paranormal Liberation Front under Shigaraki's command.

After reawakening his quirk, Shigaraki is put inside of a vat by Doctor Garaki, in order to prepare his body for an upgrade the doctor mentioned, making him go into stasis right before the pro heroes tracked down and attacked the Paranormal Liberation Front's base. During the fight, Shigaraki's vat ends up secured by the heroes, but he manages to awaken during the fight, activating his Decay quirk, now much more powerful, and causing the entire battlefield to be turned into a colossal crater and killing many heroes, villains and nomu in the process.

Not only that, it is revealed that Shigaraki's pwoer up was the implantation of All For One's quirk into him, making him absurdly powerful, and allowing him to immediately track down Midoriya and attack him. Thanks to his weakened state, the heroes are able to hold down the "Plus Ultra" Shigaraki, as the fanbase has taken to calling this power up of him, and he ends up having his will overtaken by All For One, who flees the overtaken body so he can recuperate. However, All For One states that he what he is doing is all in Shigaraki's best interest, and that he plans on freeing him later when he has "fully developed."

Shigaraki is an interesting foil to Midoriya, who states that Shigaraki is the result of what happens when heroes fail to save someone and that he wishes to do his best to save Shigaraki himself, which is one of those small things that shows how much Horikoshi really gets the idea of what a hero is: someone with a drive to do his best to help others, even when all hope seems lost, not just an uber-powerful battle maniac like many stories like to portray. Shigaraki also parallels Midoriya in a more obvious way by inheriting All For One like how Deku gained One For All, them being, therefore, the "next generation" destined to fight or whatever, which is a cool as hell concept.

Personally, I don't really have any strong feelings either way about Shigaraki, despite finding his character concept and backstory interesting. I don't know, I like how Horikoshi manages to portray an extremely self-destructive and traumatized individual who wants nothing more than to destroy everything in his path, as well as the world that failed him, but he just never really "clicked" with me. He is extremely popular within the fanbase tho, that's for sure, and I can't wait to see what happens with him on the incoming story arc.

Only quick build note I got is that I was kind of surprised by how durable Shigaraki was shown to be, tanking hits from a powered up Re-Destro. I originally wanted to make his Stamina really low due to how frail he looks, but I guess he is more durable than he seems.

Outfits: Shigaraki's casual clothes are loose and comfortable and usually in dark colors, like hoodies and sweatpants. His villain outfit consists of a pair of red sneakers, similarly to Midoriya's, a pair of black pants, a black v-neck t-shirt and a black jacket, as well as the various sets of severed hands that grab onto various parts of his arms and upper body, as well as one he wears over his face like a mask. Later on, when he inherits All For One, his hair turns pure white and he ditches the hands, being finally "liberated" of the trauma that was holding him back.

Goddamn! I had forgotten how awesome this pannel is! It straight up looks like it is from a Junji Ito manga, damn incredible!

Shigaraki Tomura (Post-Boku no Villain Academia Arc)

Power Level 8 (PL 12 Quirk) - 252 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 0, Agility 2, Fighting 5, Awareness 1
Stamina 4, Dexterity 1, Intellect 1, Presence 0

Powers
Quirk - Decay
Fast-Spreading Decay
: Area 6 (900 ft. Burst) Weaken Toughness 12 (Extras: Affects Objects, Contagious), linked to Area 6 (900 ft. Burst) Damage 10 (Extras: Contagious). (178) -- [179]
  • AE: Weaken Toughness 14 (Extras: Affects Objects, Contagious), linked to Damage 12 (Extras: Contagious). (66)
Advantages
Close Attack, Improved Critical (Decay)

Skills
Athletics 4
(+4 total).
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+8 total).
Deception 3 (+3 total).
Expertise (Criminal) 7 (+8 total).
Insight 2 (+3 total).
Perception 6 (+7 total).
Persuasion 3 (+3 total).
Stealth 4 (+6 total).

Offense
Initiative +2
Unarmed
+8, close damage 0.
Decay +8, close damage 12, weaken (Toughness), Fortitude DC 24, critical 19-20.
Decay (Area), close 900 ft. burst area damage 10, weaken (Toughness), Fortitude DC 22.

Defense
Dodge 10, Fortitude 7, Parry 12, Toughness 4, Will 6

Complications

Motivation: To Destroy Hero Society: Shigaraki was rescued by All For One as a child when he was abandoned on the streets, when no hero showed up to help him, and, as a result, Shigaraki grew to have some degree of admiration for the villain. He wants to take down the society that failed him as a child and to carry out All For One’s dream.

28 Abilities, 179 Powers, 2 Advantages, 19 Skills, 25 Defenses = 252 Character Point

About: A build representing Shigaraki after his first power up in his fight against Re-Destro, with his quirk now gaining the Contagious Extra and him gaining the ability of causing massive craters of destruction with his spreading decay, which makes him an absurd threat to the heroes. Other than that, this is a small 1.5 PL increase on his defense.

Fanart by @KyaRaSuRo

Plus Ultra Shigaraki Tomura (Currently/After Inheriting All For One)

Quirk Type: Various. Main quirk is emitter.

Power Level 12 (PL 18 Quirk) - 634 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 0, Agility 2, Fighting 5, Awareness 1
Stamina 4, Dexterity 1, Intellect 1, Presence 0

Powers
Quirk - Decay
Fast-Spreading Decay
: Area 10 (2 Miles Burst) Weaken Toughness 16 (Extras: Affects Objects, Contagious), linked to Area 10 (2 Miles Burst) Damage 14 (Extras: Contagious). (346) -- [347]
  • AE: Weaken Toughness 18 (Extras: Affects Objects, Contagious), linked to Damage 16 (Extras: Contagious). (86)
Quirk - All For One
Multitude of Stolen Quirks: Variable 22 (Quirks and Quirk Combinations). (154) -- [156]
  • AE: Steal Quirk: Affliction 30 (Transformed into Powerless) (Extras: Increased Duration 4 - Permanent) (Flaws: Quirk - Only depowers quirk users, Limited to Third Degree Only), linked to Feature 10: User adds stolen Quirks to their list of powers. (130)
  • AE: Bestow Quirk: Feature 20: User may give any quirk they possess, or a copy of it, to others. (20)
Quirk - Search
Senses 6 (Acute Accurate Extended Ranged Visual Detect People) (Flaws: Limited to up to 100 people user has encountered previously). [3]

Quirk - Super Regeneration
Regeneration 8 (Extras: Regrow Limbs). [9]

Quirk - Life Force
Immunity 1 (Aging) (Flaws: Limited to half effect). [0.5]

Quirk - Air Walk
Feature 10: May treat Speed ranks as Flight ranks (Flaws: Limited to flying 20 meters above the ground). [5]

Quirk - Infrared
Senses 1 (Infra Vision) (Flaws: Diminished Range). [0.5]

Various Super Sense Quirks: Senses 6 (Extended, Accurate and Analytical Hearing, Ranged and Acute Tactile). [6]
Various Super Durability Quirks: Protection 8. [8]
Various Super Speed Quirks: Speed 4 (60 Km/H or 30 MpH), linked to Quickness 5, linked to Enhanced Advantages 3 (Takedown 2, Move-by Action). [17]

Sample Quirks and Combinations:
Radio Jammer: Area 8 (4 mile Burst) Nullify (Radio Communications) 10. (90)
Powered Up Air Cannon: Area 4 (250 ft. Line) Damage 16. (80)
Impact Recoil: Reaction Damage 20 (Flaws: Limited to Damage rank being equal to Damage of attacker). (60)
Quirk Activating Rivet Stab: Ranged Damage 11 (Extras: Accurate), linked to Ranged Affliction 15 (Controlled) (Extras: Accurate, Feature 5: May Activate the quirks of unconscious targets) (Flaws: Limited to Activating Quirks, Limited to Third Degree). (44)
Warping: Perception Range Teleport Attack 9 (4 Km or 2 Mile) (Extras: Multiattack) (Flaws: Limited to Teleporting to other people the user is familiar with, Quirk - The Multiattack Extra may not be used with the Single Target benefit). (26)
Rivet Stab: Ranged Damage 11 (Extras: Accurate). (23)

Advantages
Close Attack, Improved Critical (Decay), Improved Initiative, Ranged Attack 3

Skills
Athletics 4
(+4 total).
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+8 total).
Deception 3 (+3 total).
Expertise (Criminal) 7 (+8 total).
Insight 2 (+3 total).
Perception 6 (+7 total).
Persuasion 3 (+3 total).
Stealth 4 (+6 total).

Offense
Initiative +6
Unarmed
+8, close damage 0.
Decay +8, close damage 16, weaken (Toughness), Fortitude DC 28, critical 19-20.
Decay (Area), close 2 miles burst area damage 14, weaken (Toughness), Fortitude DC 26.
Close +6, close effect --.
Ranged +4, ranged effect --.

Defense
Dodge 10, Fortitude 8, Parry 11, Toughness 4/12*, Will 10
*12 with Powers

Complications

Imperfect Vessel: Shigaraki has just recently gained All For One and his body is not used to it. As he uses it, his powers become progressively weaker as he struggles to control it and runs the risk of causing injury to himself whenever he uses it.

Parasitic Quirk: Shigaraki’s All For One quirk, due to the consciousness vestiges still on the quirk from its previous master, allows for its previous user to control Shigaraki’s body by using his emotions against him. Shigaraki must succeed a Will save with DC determined by the DM every time he is angered or become controlled by All For One.

28 Abilities, 552 Powers, 6 Advantages, 19 Skills, 29 Defenses = 634 Character Points

About: An insanely spoilertastic build of Shigaraki currently in the manga! He was given the true version of All For One by Doctor Garaki unbeknownst to him and everyone else, allowing him not only to become much, much stronger with his original quirk, but to gain several other extremely powerful quirks he uses against the heroes. He was, however, way too exhausted and inexperient with his new powers to use them at full capacity without damaging himself, so he was unable to cause as much destruction as he would otherwise be able to before All For One took his body over through the quirk and fled from the battlefield.

Shigaraki's Decay spread seems to have increased even more, both in effectivity and area, causing massive destruction and killing many heroes and villains (luckily the area's civilians were evacuated before the fight)m making his offensive PL 16 with his area Decay, and making his Weaken rank 18 on a melee attack, easily able to one-shot almost anyone he hits. His defensive PL grew a lot as well, making his defense PL 12, mostly due to the protective quirks All For One contains, and his Will increased by 4 ranks due to him finally being able to confront and overcome his trauma.

This build looks disgusting, just like my All For One build, but that's kind of fitting, since the idea of All For One's quirk mashup is for it to seem like an absurdity that was never meant to be.
Last edited by SolarOracle on Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SolarOracle

Post by SolarOracle »

Pretty sure this was my longest post yet, in terms of page space, LOL.
MarvelLion

Post by MarvelLion »

Nice job with Shigaraki! I was hoping that he was the next one, and I like that you did multiple builds to show his progression, like you did with the UA students.

The thing I like most about Shigaraki is how he's matured over the course of the series. As All Might states after the USJ incident, Shigaraki was very childish and immature. But after All For One's imprisonment, Shigaraki began to mature quickly, since he was pretty much forced to do so in order to carry on "Master's" plans. The best moments, in my opinion, are him dealing with Overhaul overall, and how close he becomes with the League members. Especially when he gets revenge for Magne, and later states that, "My friends should be able to do whatever they want." Yeah, they're sick and twisted villains, but they care about each other, which is cool, especially when so many anime villain group members hate each other and are constantly plotting against and backstabbing one another. (Like the Generals in Sailor Moon.)

I can't wait to see who's next!