Solar's Build Thread - The In-Between-Updates Update!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
SolarOracle

Re: Solar's Build Thread - Boku no Hero Academia Update

Post by SolarOracle »

Alright, I'm finally back! Again, sorry for how long these breaks have been (damn, it's been over a month?)

Anyways, gonna get to posting the rest of the heroes now!
SolarOracle

Mirko

Post by SolarOracle »

Hm... I wonder why I feel like Jab really likes this character...

Rabbit Hero: Mirko

Identity: Usagiyama Rumi, Public Identity.
Height: 1.59 meters.
Weight: Unknown.
Eyes: Red.
Hair: White.
Skin: Caramel.
Quirk Type: Mutant.
Group: Pro hero.
Base of Operations: Japan.

Power Level 12 - 131 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 3*, Agility 4*, Fighting 8, Awareness 2
Stamina 5*, Dexterity 2, Intellect 0, Presence 0
*Increased with quirk.

Powers
Quirk - Rabbit
Enhanced Strength 1. [2]
Enhanced Stamina 1. [2]
Enhanced Agility 2. [4]
Speed 2 (16 Km/H or 8 MpH). [1]
Leaping 2 (30 feet). [2]
Rabbit Senses: Senses 3 (Acute and Extended Scent, Extended Hearing). [3]
Survival Instincts: Senses 1 (Danger Sense). [1]

Strong Legs: Unarmed Damage +2. [2]

Super Move! - Luna Ring: Multiattack 5 on Unarmed Damage. (5) -- [6]
  • AE: Super Move! - Luna Attacks: Strength-based Damage 1. (1)
Advantages
All-out Attack, Benefit - Japan’s Number 5 Hero, Close Attack 3, Defensive Roll 2, Diehard, Evasion, Extraordinary Effort, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Initiative, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Takedown 2

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+8 total).
Athletics 6 (+11 total).
Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+15 total).
Deception 2 (+2 total).
Expertise (Pro Hero) 6 (+6 total).
Insight 4 (+6 total).
Intimidation 4 (+4 total).
Perception 6 (+8 total).
Persuasion 2 (+2 total).
Treatment 2 (+2 total).

Offense
Initiative +8
Unarmed +15, close damage 5, critical 18-20.
Luna Attacks +15, close damage 6, critical 18-20.

Defense
Dodge 15, Fortitude 6, Parry 16, Toughness 5/7*, Will 8
*7 with defensive roll.

Complications

Motivation: The Thrill of Battle: Nothing excites Mirko more than the idea of combat, and she dedicates her time as a hero to fighting powerful threats.

40 Abilities, 24 Powers, 19 Advantages, 21 Skills, 27 Defenses = 131 Character Points

About: Mirko is a powerful combat-orientred pro hero, ranked number five in the national rankings, Mirko is a passionate, energetic and abrasive person. vHer quirk, Rabbit, gives her aspects of the phisiology of rabbits, like large ears with incredible hearing and a pair of powerful legs that allow her to move incredibly fast, jump high and deliver very strong kicks, powers she uses mainly to be an incredibly efficient frontline combatant.

Mirko is incredibly powerful in combat, being the only top[-ranked hero who does not have an agency or sidekicks. She seems to have an aversion of sorts to the whole hero agency system and hero teams in general, in fact, as she says the other heroes are cowardly and weak, and that they are relying on the strength opf others instead of their own.

Due to her hot-blooded and passionate nature, Mirko is always excited about combat and fighting villains, and always fights with her all, seeking to show how strong she is and test herself against powerful foes, which has lead her to injure hearself heavily in the main series, like when she took an attack from a powerful nomu during the Paranormal Liberation Army arc that pierced through her leg and heavily injured her torso. Despite that tho, she powered through the pain and continued fighting, attacking the tank that contained Shigaraki Tomura to stop his quirk development process, telling all the heroes to take him down at all costs. That scene really struck out to me, not sure why, but something about it is just really awesome.

Mirko shows a few super moves during her fights, all of which are named with "Luna" and are different forms of kicks she performs (which is why in the build I condensed 3 of them into the same one like I did with Midoriya and All Might's Smash techniques). They are: Luna Ring, where she performs mutiple cartwheel kicks in the air with both of her legs, hitting multiple enemies at once, Luna Fall, which is a downward kick perforrmed in mid-air to throw enemies to the ground, Luna Tijeras, where she does a leglock on her opponent's head and performs a backflip, flinging them to the ground with incredible strength, and Luna Arc, where she does an extremely fast axe kick, a move she used to break through Shigaraki's tank.

I really like Mirko, mostly due to her personality. Her general character concept is pretty fun for me too, a sort of subversion on the whole "bunnygirl" thing, I guess. Her costume and motif being themed around a moon is also really cool, which comes from Japanese myth of moon rabbits. She had quite an imapct during the Paranormal Liberation Army arc, so I'm excited to see what impact she'll have on future arcs.

Outfits: Usagiyama's civilian clothing tends to be stylish clothing, like a long-sleeved t-shirt, a large belt, a pair of ankleless jeans and a pair of high-heeled boots. In her hero costume, Mirko wears a white sleveveless leotard with dark blue details and a yellow crescent moon logo on her chest ande a pair of styliszed metal plates on the sides of her stomach. She also wears a pair of white gloves and a pair of dark blue thigh-high boots, with metal soles made to rsemble the foot of a rabbit.
Last edited by SolarOracle on Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:27 pm, edited 7 times in total.
SolarOracle

Post by SolarOracle »

MarvelLion wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:53 am Also, does it bother you as much as it does me that we STILL have no idea what Yoroi Musha's Quirk is? I need to know, damn it, Horikoshi! Hahaha
Oh, deffinately! The most frustrating part of it is the fact that Yoroi Musha just retired a few chapters back, I guess to show the impact the War had on hero society, meaning that there is a chance we might NEVER get to see him or his quirk in action, which would be insanely frustrating.
MarvelLion

Post by MarvelLion »

SolarOracle wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:27 pm
MarvelLion wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:53 am Also, does it bother you as much as it does me that we STILL have no idea what Yoroi Musha's Quirk is? I need to know, damn it, Horikoshi! Hahaha
Oh, deffinately! The most frustrating part of it is the fact that Yoroi Musha just retired a few chapters back, I guess to show the impact the War had on hero society, meaning that there is a chance we might NEVER get to see him or his quirk in action, which would be insanely frustrating.
Plus Ultra frustrating haha
SolarOracle

Crust

Post by SolarOracle »

Shield Hero: Crust

Identity: Unknown.
Height: Unknown.
Eyes: Unknown.
Hair: Black with a white streak.
Skin: Fair.
Quirk Type: Transformation.

Power Level 9 (PL 11 Defense) - 121 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 2, Agility 1, Fighting 5, Awareness 2
Stamina 3, Dexterity 1, Intellect 0, Presence 3

Powers
Quirk - Shield
Create Shields: Enhanced Dodge 3. [3]
Enhanced Parry 3. [3]
Small Shields Armor: Protection 4. [4]

Shield Barrier: Close Area (30 ft. Shapeable) Deflect 11, linked to Create (Shield Walls) 2 (Flaws: Quirk - Shield wall area must be the same as the Deflect effect). (14) -- [16]
  • AE: Super Move! - Shoot Shield: Ranged Damage 7. (14)
  • AE: Shield Strikes: Strength-based Damage 4 (Extras: Reach, Split). (6)
Advantages
All-out Attack, Benefit - Japan’s Number 6 Hero, Close Attack 3, Defensive Attack, Fearless, Great Endurance, Interpose, Ranged Attack 4, Teamwork

Skills
Athletics 4 (+6 total).
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+10 total).
Close Combat (Shields) 4 (+12 total).
Expertise (Pro Hero) 8 (+8 total).
Insight 4 (+6 total).
Perception 5 (+7 total).
Persuasion 2 (+5 total).
Ranged Combat (Shields) 5 (+10 total).
Treatment 2 (+2 total).

Offense
Initiative +1
Unarmed +10, close damage 2.
Shields +12, close damage 6.
Shoot Shield +10, ranged damage 7.

Defense
Dodge 12/15, Fortitude 7, Parry 12/15, Toughness 3/7*, Will 10
*Dodge and Parry increased with Shield. Toughness 7 with Shield Armor.

Complications

Responsibility: The Shield Hero: Crust takes his responsibilities as a hero to protect others very seriously, to the point he will risk his own life to save others, including other heroes.

Emotional: Crust is a very expressive person and is almost always shown crying out of passion or sadness.

34 Abilities, 26 Powers, 13 Advantages, 18 Skills, 30 Defenses = 121 Character Points

About: Crust was the pro hero ranked sixth in the Japanese Billboard rankings, and was a very emotive and yet brave person, almost always crying out of excitement, happiness or sadness, but also never afraid to put himself at risk to save others. His quirk, Shield, allowed him to crteate small hexagonal hard platings from his body, that he could combine to form shields or barriers that he used to protect himself and opthers, but that he also used to create heavy shields he used as weapons.

Crust's only appearance in the series was during the Paranormal Liberation Front arc, where he used his quirk to take down powerful enemy nomus and to protect the other pro heroes from enemy attacks. HThe ultimate display of his courage and heroism, however, was when he used his quirk to save Eraser Head from Shigaraki's awakened quirk, which was decaying and destroying the entire region and killing multiple heroes and members of the Paranormal Liberation Front alike. A nom u had grabebed Aizawa's leg, trying to make the decay reach him, but Crust used his Shoot Shield super move to cut off the nomu's arm, sacrificing himself. As Aizawa escaped, he looked at Crust, who smiled and offered him a thumbs up, with tears in his eyes, as the decay began to kill him.

Crust was an awesome character, and I'm sad we didn't get to see him doing more. Him sacrificing himself heroically is pretty fitting of his title and conmcept as the "shield hero" tho, which I always thought was pretty interesting, and I like how he had some clever uses for his quirk, like using it as armor and as a means of attack, tho, with that said, I always thopught it was kind of a meh power.

Crust's only named super move is his Shoot Shield, where he creates a disk-shaped shield and shoots it off of his body as a high-speed spinning projective, dealing incredible damage to his target. I'm pretty sure this is a reference to Captain America, which is pretty cool.

The only build comment I really have for this build is that I was kind of uncertain as to how to do his barrier power, which represents the barrier of shields he created to protect various pro heroes from incoming attacks from the high-end nomu, due to how confusing the Deflect effect is. At first, I wanted to do it as an Enhanced Parry/Dodghe thing, or a Prrotection effect, but those felt kind of wrong, since it's more like him activelyt deffending, so I just decided to do it as a close area Deflect anyways. Also, might have low-balled his Stamina a bit in favor of his Proitection ranks, IDK.

Outfits: Crust's hero outfit is a green hooded cape with a black shit with red stichings. He also wears a black facemask that resembles All Might's hair a bit (maybe Crust's hero costume is paying tribute to him?)
Last edited by SolarOracle on Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
MarvelLion

Post by MarvelLion »

Nice job with Crust! And with Mirko as well, I realized I never said that. I think you did as well with his shields as can be done, honestly.

I too am disappointed that we didn't get to see more of him, but it was cool seeing a hero with his kind of attitude at all. I think his outspoken passion and penchant for having tears in his eyes made him a sort of combination of All Might and Deku, at least to an extent.
marcoasalazarm

Re: Mirko

Post by marcoasalazarm »

SolarOracle wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:25 pm
She had quite an imapct during the Paranormal Liberation Army arc, so I'm excited to see what impact she'll have on future arcs.
Bet you a cent right now (well, a figurative one) that best case scenario we get a glimpse of her all mummified with bandages in a hospital bed (absolute best is that and either a random glimpse of her being better but still in the hospital or a background cameo during a major fight scene near the end) and that will be all she wrote for the rest of the manga, as yet another symbol of the "old guard" being put away to make way for the new generation of heroes and so on and so forth-

Yeah, I think she's extremely cool, too. Ticks me off that, in the end, she was just one more "Worf".
squirrelly-sama

Re: Mirko

Post by squirrelly-sama »

SolarOracle wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:25 pm Image
Hm... I wonder why I feel like Jab really likes this character...

Rabbit Hero: Mirko

Identity: Usagiyama Rumi, Public Identity.
Height: 1.59 meters.
Eyes: Red.
Hair: White.
Skin: Caramel.
Quirk Type: Mutant.

Power Level 11 - 123 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 3*, Agility 4*, Fighting 8, Awareness 1
Stamina 5*, Dexterity 2, Intellect 0, Presence 0
*Increased with quirk.

Powers
Quirk - Rabbit
Enhanced Strength 1. [2]
Enhanced Stamina 1. [2]
Enhanced Agility 2. [4]
Speed 1 (8 Km/H or 4MpH). [1]
Leaping 2 (30 feet). [2]
Rabbit Senses: Senses 3 (Acute and Extended Scent, Extended Hearing). [3]
Survival Instincts: Senses 1 (Danger Sense). [1]

Strong Legs: Unarmed Damage +2. [2]

Super Move! - Luna Ring: Multiattack 5 on Unarmed Damage. (5) -- [6]
  • AE: Super Move! - Luna Attacks: Strength-based Damage 1. (1)
Advantages
All-out Attack, Benefit - Japan’s Number 5 Hero, Close Attack 2, Defensive Roll 2, Diehard, Evasion, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Initiative, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Takedown 2

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+8 total).
Athletics 6 (+11 total).
Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+14 total).
Deception 2 (+2 total).
Expertise (Pro Hero) 6 (+6 total).
Insight 4 (+5 total).
Intimidation 4 (+4 total).
Perception 6 (+7 total).
Persuasion 2 (+2 total).
Treatment 2 (+2 total).

Offense
Initiative +8
Unarmed +14, close damage 5, critical 18-20.
Luna Attacks +14, close damage 6, critical 18-20.

Defense
Dodge 14, Fortitude 6, Parry 15, Toughness 5/7*, Will 8
*7 with defensive roll.

Complications

Motivation: The Thrill of Battle: Nothing excites Mirko more than the idea of combat, and she dedicates her time as a hero to fighting powerful threats.

38 Abilities, 23 Powers, 16 Advantages, 21 Skills, 25 Defenses = 123 Character Points

About: Mirko is a powerful combat-orientred pro hero, ranked number five in the national rankings, Mirko is a passionate, energetic and abrasive person. vHer quirk, Rabbit, gives her aspects of the phisiology of rabbits, like large ears with incredible hearing and a pair of powerful legs that allow her to move incredibly fast, jump high and deliver very strong kicks, powers she uses mainly to be an incredibly efficient frontline combatant.

Mirko is incredibly powerful in combat, being the only top[-ranked hero who does not have an agency or sidekicks. She seems to have an aversion of sorts to the whole hero agency system and hero teams in general, in fact, as she says the other heroes are cowardly and weak, and that they are relying on the strength opf others instead of their own.

Due to her hot-blooded and passionate nature, Mirko is always excited about combat and fighting villains, and always fights with her all, seeking to show how strong she is and test herself against powerful foes, which has lead her to injure hearself heavily in the main series, like when she took an attack from a powerful nomu during the Paranormal Liberation Army arc that pierced through her leg and heavily injured her torso. Despite that tho, she powered through the pain and continued fighting, attacking the tank that contained Shigaraki Tomura to stop his quirk development process, telling all the heroes to take him down at all costs. That scene really struck out to me, not sure why, but something about it is just really awesome.

Mirko shows a few super moves during her fights, all of which are named with "Luna" and are different forms of kicks she performs (which is why in the build I condensed 3 of them into the same one like I did with Midoriya and All Might's Smash techniques). They are: Luna Ring, where she performs mutiple cartwheel kicks in the air with both of her legs, hitting multiple enemies at once, Luna Fall, which is a downward kick perforrmed in mid-air to throw enemies to the ground, Luna Tijeras, where she does a leglock on her opponent's head and performs a backflip, flinging them to the ground with incredible strength, and Luna Arc, where she does an extremely fast axe kick, a move she used to break through Shigaraki's tank.

I really like Mirko, mostly due to her personality. Her general character concept is pretty fun for me too, a sort of subversion on the whole "bunnygirl" thing, I guess. Her costume and motif being themed around a moon is also really cool, which comes from Japanese myth of moon rabbits. She had quite an imapct during the Paranormal Liberation Army arc, so I'm excited to see what impact she'll have on future arcs.

Outfits: Usagiyama's civilian clothing tends to be stylish clothing, like a long-sleeved t-shirt, a large belt, a pair of ankleless jeans and a pair of high-heeled boots. In her hero costume, Mirko wears a white sleveveless leotard with dark blue details and a yellow crescent moon logo on her chest ande a pair of styliszed metal plates on the sides of her stomach. She also wears a pair of white gloves and a pair of dark blue thigh-high boots, with metal soles made to rsemble the foot of a rabbit.
YEEEEESSSSSSSS!
This is the one I've been waiting for this entire time. Mirko is great for a number of reasons. There's the obvious sexiness, she's a tanned athletic looking chick, she's got a really cool almost crazed expression half the time, and she's all around kick ass. Then you have the less obvious reasons like you said, being an interesting subversion of the usual Bunny Girl sort of character, turning what would normally just at best speed powers and at worst just being a meek skitish girl into a powerful strength based kick boxer. Her personality is also great is also a treat as you said, as you pretty much never see rabbit themed characters being so hotblooded, determined, or savage.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

haha I have noticed the rabbit lady showing up in some incredible fanart. Curiously, I find both her & Froppy being 100 times more popular than Uravity, who is clearly set up as "Best Girl" in the comic. Might just be a Western phenomenon, given how Uravity is the quiet, demure type who often ends up with the Shonen Manga's hero.

Sadly, Mr. Lady's more minor roles seems to have doomed her to less attention.
squirrelly-sama wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:37 am you pretty much never see rabbit themed characters being so hotblooded, determined, or savage.
Short of Watership Down, which, fittingly enough, is one of the few stories themed around actual rabbits, and knows more about what they're really like.
SolarOracle

Wild, Wild Pussycats

Post by SolarOracle »

So, these guys completely slipped my mind somehow when I made the post about The Lurkers and said they were the only hero team we got to see, which was pretty dumb of me, considering how much of a major role the Wild, Wild Pussycats have played on the Training Camp arc, while The Lurkers haven'rt really done anything so far in the story as a group.

The Pussycats are a rescue-focused four person hero team who operate on mountainous areas. They were all friends in college and decided to join up together to form a hero team more than a decade ago, using a cat aesthetic and theme for their team, all of them named after cat breeds or felines. Their members are Mandalay, a woman whose quirk allows her to telepathically send messages to others, Pixie-Bob, who can manipulate earth, mud and roots with her quirk, even being able to create creatures out of it, Ragdoll, a woman whose quirk allowed her to monitor the location of up to 100 people at once, but ended up being depowered by All For One, and Tiger, a very muscular man whose quirk allows him to strech, flatten and bend his body to a great extent.

They play a major role during the Training Camp artc, where they help the first year U.A. students to develop their quirks and who lend the school their cabins in a secluded wooden area on the mountains so they would be safe from villain attacks, which sadly didn't end up working out, as the students were attacked by the League of Villains and had to fight them off with the help of their teachers and of the Pussycats.

I really like this team, especially the dynamics and personalities between each team member. There also something really cozy about the idea of them all being a group of friends who decided to give this whole hero thing a try together and formning a team, which I appreciate.
SolarOracle

Mandalay

Post by SolarOracle »

Mandalay

Identity: Sosaki Shino, Public Identity.
Height: 1.68 meters.
Eyes: Brown.
Hair: Burgundy.
Skin: Fair.
Quirk Type: Emitter.
Group: Pro Hero, Wild, Wild Pussycats.

Power Level 7 - 104 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 1, Agility 2, Fighting 5, Awareness 2
Stamina 3, Dexterity 0, Intellect 1, Presence 2

Powers
Quirk - Telepath
Communication 3 (Mental) (Extras: Area, Selective) (Flaws: Limited to sending messages only). [15]

Support Item - Cat Gloves: (Flaws: Removable). [4]
Strength-based Damage 2 (Extras: Split, Improved Critical). (4)

Support Item - Cat Ear Headphones: (Flaws: Removable). [5]
Communication 2 (Radio) (Extras: Area) (Flaws: Limited 2 - To those in the same communication channel). (6)

Advantages
Close Attack 3, Daze (Deception), Defensive Roll, Improved Initiative

Skills
Acrobatics 6 (+8 total).
Athletics 4 (+5 total).
Close Combat (Claws) 3 (+11 total).
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+10 total).
Deception 4 (+6 total).
Expertise (Pro Hero) 6 (+7 total).
Insight 4 (+6 total).
Investigation 4 (+5 total).
Perception 5 (+7 total).
Persuasion 4 (+6 total).
Treatment 2 (+3 total).

Offense
Initiative +6
Unarmed +10, close damage 1.
Claws +11, close damage 3.

Defense
Dodge 10, Fortitude 5, Parry 10, Toughness 3/4*, Will 7
*4 with defensive roll.

Complications

Responsibility: Kota: Sosaki’s cousin was part of the hero couple Water Hose. After the duo was killed by a villain, she began to take care of their son, Kota.

32 Abilities, 24 Powers, 6 Advantages, 22 Skills, 20 Defenses = 104 Character Points

About: Mandalay is a level-headed, calm and kind person, contrasting with the other zanier and whackier members of her team. She was shown to be a pretty decent combatant, holding her own pretty well on a fight against Spinner and Magne from the Villains League with Tiger. Her quirk, Telepath, allows her to send messages to other people's heads with her thoughts, something she uses to coordinate and assist her allies in rescue, combat and disaster situations, but that she also uses to surprise and lower the guard of enemies, such as when she used it to call Spinner handsome while she was attacking him, flustering and stunning him before delivering powerful strikes.

Mandalay is also the member of the Wild, Wild Pussycats to get the most focus, due to she being the guardian of Kota, a young boy whose parents, the superhero duo Water Hose, one of whom was the sibling of Mandalay, were killed by the villain Muscular, leaving her to take care of their son. During the Training Camp arc, Kota ends up getting close with Midortiya, when he saves the young boy from Muscular, who had joined the League of Villains and was targetting Kota, and Mandalay is used to give exposition on Kota's tragic past and stuff.

Because of all that, Mandalay's personality as the more motherly and calm member of her team fits pretty well, making her a very sympathetic character when she's shonwn worrying about her nephew and stuff. She getting to have a fight scene, even if a small one, is also a big plus for me, since there is a bunch of minor heroes I wish we'd get to see in combat.

Outfits: As a civilian, Sosaki dresses with what I would describe as "mom fashion," like a long skitrt, aa turtleneck sweater with a large collar, a pair of stockings and a pair of high heels. Her hero outfit is a stripped red vest, stylized to have a bell on her collar, a poofy red skirt with an orange belt with a buckle stylized to look like a cat paw and a red cat tail attached and a pair of tall red furred boots with metal soles. She also wears her team communication headphones, stylized to look like pink cat ears and a pair of large white gloves similar to cat paws that have retractable claws, her chosen means of attack.
Last edited by SolarOracle on Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SolarOracle

Post by SolarOracle »

MarvelLion wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:28 pm Nice job with Crust! And with Mirko as well, I realized I never said that. I think you did as well with his shields as can be done, honestly.

I too am disappointed that we didn't get to see more of him, but it was cool seeing a hero with his kind of attitude at all. I think his outspoken passion and penchant for having tears in his eyes made him a sort of combination of All Might and Deku, at least to an extent.
Thanks! : D

Never really thought about him being a combination of All Might and Deku, but now that you mention it, seems like a good way to describe him. Kind of sad we didn't get to see him and Midoriya interacting.
marcoasalazarm wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:40 am Bet you a cent right now (well, a figurative one) that best case scenario we get a glimpse of her all mummified with bandages in a hospital bed (absolute best is that and either a random glimpse of her being better but still in the hospital or a background cameo during a major fight scene near the end) and that will be all she wrote for the rest of the manga, as yet another symbol of the "old guard" being put away to make way for the new generation of heroes and so on and so forth-

Yeah, I think she's extremely cool, too. Ticks me off that, in the end, she was just one more "Worf".
Yeah, in all honesty, you are probably right. I'm glad we did to get see more of her in the Vigilantes manga at least tho, but I'll be pretty disapointed if she does end up becoming just a random backgrounder in the main series after this arc.
SolarOracle

Pixie-Bob

Post by SolarOracle »

Fanart by HenLP

Pixie-Bob

Identity: Tsuchikawa Ryuko, Public Identity.
Height: 1.67 meters.
Eyes: Blue.
Hair: Blonde.
Skin: Fair

Power Level 6 - 135 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 0, Agility 2, Fighting 4, Awareness 2
Stamina 3, Dexterity 1, Intellect 0, Presence 2

Powers
Quirk - Earth Flow
Transform (Earth into Reshaped Earth) 14 (12 tons). [28]

Super Move! - Earth Beast: Summon Earth Beasts 3 (Extras: Controlled, Heroic, Multiple Minions 3 - 8, Variable Type - Earth Beasts). [36]

Communication 2 (Radio) (Extras: Area) (Flaws: Limited 2 - To those in the same communication channel). (6)

Support Item - Earth Beast Tracking Goggles: (Flaws: Removable). [4]
Senses 4 (Extended Radius Ranged Detect Earth Beasts). (4)

Advantages
Close Attack 2, Defensive Roll, Improved Initiative

Skills
Acrobatics 1 (+3 total).
Athletics 2 (+2 total).
Close Combat (Claws) 3 (+9 total).
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+8 total).
Deception 2 (+4 total).
Perception 5 (+7 total).
Persuasion 2 (+4 total).
Treatment 1 (+1 total).

Offense
Initiative +6
Unarmed +8, close damage 0.
Claws +9, close damage 2, critical 19-20.

Defense
Dodge 8, Fortitude 5, Parry 8, Toughness 3/4*, Will 7
*4 with defensive roll.

Complications

Self Conscious: Due to entering her 30’s recently, Tsuchikawa feels uncomfortable and annoyed when others discuss her age, commenting that she is “18 at heart”. She also hasn’t had luck in finding a stable long-term romantic relationship so she can settle down, another thing she’s frustrated about that comes with aging.

28 Abilities, 77 Powers, 4 Advantages, 9 Skills, 17 Defenses = 135 Character Points

About: Another memmber of the Wild, Wild Pussycats, Pixie-Bob is an energetic, excentric and playful woman. Her quirk, Earth Flow, allows her to reshape and manipulate the earth she is touching, a very useful power for her as a rescue hero who opperates in mountainous areas, but a power she also employs for combat, like reshaping the earth between her and her enemies to push them away and, more notably, using it to create creatures made out of earth and roots she can manipulate for combat.

Pixie-Bob, along with Mandalay, was one of the first members of the Wild, Wild Pussycats to appear in the story during the Training Camp arc, using her quirk to push the 1-A strudents into the forest for their "survival training", where they had to find their way to the campsite theough the wilderness while being hunted by her Earth Beasts, having to group together to fight them off, something that was shown to some extent in the anime but was originally just a few pannels on the manga, skipping to them ariving at the campsite after the first Earth Beast is destroyed.

Sadly, she ended up being caught in a surprise attack by Magne and Spinner when the League of Villains appeared later on in the arc to attack the U.A. students, mso we didn't get to see her using her power all-out on the enemies. We do get a bit of that later on, during the Paranormal Liberation Front arc, where she uses her earth control to delay the spreading decay caused by Shigarakiu's evolved quirk, saving her allies in the process, which is quite the impressive feat.

A comical character trait she has too is her frustrarion with her age, hitting on the male U.A. students after they complete the survival training, something that makes them uncomfortable (which is VERY justifiable, like, what the fuck?) and she getting mad at Midoriya when she and Manddalay first show up and he gives a small intro to them that includes their age, with Pixie-Bob saying she is 18 at heart, which is a pretty funny character trait.

Overall, Pixie-Bob is probably the least interesti9ng member of her team, sadly, despite how powerful her quirk seems to be. She's still a very funny character tho, and the dialogues and dynamics she has with her team are very fun to see, like when Mandalay comments on her flirting with the students as it being due to she beggining to get desperateto get a good and stable relationshgip due to her growing age, which only depresses Pixie-Bob even more. Her heroic moment on the Paranormal Liberation Front arc was really amazing tho, gotta say.

Outfits: Tsuchikawa's civilian attire seems to be stylish and expensive looking clothes, like a light collored and chique looking top, a long skirt and a pair of high heels. Her hero costume is a stripped blue vest, stylized to have a bell on its collar, a poofy blue skirt with an orange utility belkt that has a cat paw-like buckle and various pouches and a stripped blue and white cat tail attached to it. She also wears a pair of furred blue tall boots and a pair of cat-like oversized white gloves with retractable claws she uses for combat. Her blue team communication headphones, styulized to look like a pair of cat ears, also has a visor attached, that she seems to be able to use to track her Earth Beasts.

Sample Quadruped Earth Beast

Power Level 8 (Summon Rank 3) - 32 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 8*, Agility 0, Fighting 5, Awareness --
Stamina --, Dexterity 0, Intellect --, Presence --
*Increased with size.

Powers
Made of Earth and Roots: Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects). [30]
Protection 1. [1]

Natural Size: Growth 6 (Strength and Toughness +6, Mass +6, Intimidation +3, Size Rank +1, Dodge and Parry -3, Stealth -6) (Extras: Innate, Permanent). [13]

Advantages
Close Attack 3

Skills
Athletics 2 (+10 total).

Offense
Initiative +0
Unarmed +8, close damage 8.

Defense
Dodge 4, Fortitude IMMUNE, Parry 5, Toughness 7, Will IMMUNE

Complications

Controlled: Earth Beasts aren’t real, actual creatures, but rather just earth being commanded by Pixie-Bob’s quirk. Because of that, they have no actual will of their own. They lack Awareness and thus their controller needs to directly dictate their attacks and spend their own actions in doing so.

-26 Abilities, 44 Powers, 3 Advantages, 1 Skills, 10 Defenses = 32 Character Points

About: A build representing a default quadrupedal Earth Beast Pixie-Bob is capable of creating, seemingly her most "default" Beast.

Sample Flying Earth Beast

Power Level 7 (Summon Rank 3) - 32 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 6*, Agility 0, Fighting 4, Awareness --
Stamina --, Dexterity 0, Intellect --, Presence --
*Increased with size.

Powers
Made of Earth and Roots: Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects). [30]
Protection 1. [1]

Natural Size: Growth 4 (Strength and Toughness +4, Mass +4, Intimidation +2, Size Rank +1, Dodge and Parry -2, Stealth -4) (Extras: Innate, Permanent). [9]

Earth Wings: Flight 2 (16 Km/H or 8 MpH) (Flaws: Winged). [2]

Advantages
Close Attack 3

Skills
Athletics 2 (+8 total).

Offense
Initiative +0
Unarmed +7, close damage 6.

Defense
Dodge 8, Fortitude IMMUNE, Parry 8, Toughness 5, Will IMMUNE

Complications

Controlled: Earth Beasts aren’t real, actual creatures, but rather just earth being commanded by Pixie-Bob’s quirk. Because of that, they have no actual will of their own. They lack Awareness and thus their controller needs to directly dictate their attacks and spend their own actions in doing so.

-30 Abilities, 42 Powers, 3 Advantages, 1 Skills, 16 Defenses = 32 Character Points

About: A flying version of the Earth Beasts Pixie-Bob can create, this one only showing up in the anime, since the class 1-A fight with the beasts was expanded there.
Last edited by SolarOracle on Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sidney369

Re: Pixie-Bob

Post by Sidney369 »

SolarOracle wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:14 am A comical character trait she has too is her frustrarion with her age, hitting on the male U.A. students after they complete the survival training, something that makes them uncomfortable (which is VERY justifiable, like, what the fuck?)
Thank you for pointing this out. While most fans complain about Mineta being a pervert (and they're not wrong), they tend to ignore the similar activities of Pixie-Bob and Nighteye.
Always ask before you use someone's Original Character.
Never ever use them without permission. Only Villains do that.
SolarOracle

Ragdoll

Post by SolarOracle »

Fanart by Rosalba Maggiore

Ragdoll

Identity: Shiretoko Tomoko, Public Identity.
Height: 1.66 meters.
Eyes: Yellow.
Hair: Emerald green.
Skin: Light.

Power Level 6 - 79 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 0, Agility 2, Fighting 4, Awareness 1
Stamina 2, Dexterity 0, Intellect 2, Presence 2

Powers
Quirk - Search
Senses 6 (Acute Accurate Extended Ranged Visual Detect People) (Flaws: Limited to up to 100 people user has encountered previously). [3]

Advantages
Close Attack 3, Defensive Roll, Improved Initiative

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+6 total).
Athletics 2 (+2 total).
Close Combat (Claws) 2 (+9 total).
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+8 total).
Deception 4 (+6 total).
Expertise (Pro Hero) 6 (+8 total).
Insight 4 (+5 total).
Perception 7 (+8 total).
Persuasion 4 (+6 total).
Treatment 2 (+4 total).

Offense
Initiative +6
Unarmed +8, close damage 0.
Claws +9, close damage 2, critical 19-20.

Defense
Dodge 8, Fortitude 4, Parry 9, Toughness 2/3*, Will 6
*3 with defensive roll.

Complications

None.

26 Abilities, 12 Powers, 5 Advantages, 18 Skills, 18 Defenses = 79 Character Points

About: Ragdoll is an energetic and cheerful person and member of the Wild, Wild Pussycats, tho, after losing her quirk, she now opperates as an office worker on the Pussycats' agency instead of on the field. Her former quirk, Search, allowed her to locate up to 100 registered people through great distances and being able to tell their status, perceiving them as glowing lights through her sight when her quirk was active, something that must have been very uiseful for her rescue missions.

Apparently Ragdoll was the one to suggest forming a hero team to her friends, which is a detail I always found nice. During the events of the Training Camp arc, she used her quirk to monitor the U.A. students, allowing them to disperse throughout the campsite to develop their powers individually. Unfortunatelky tho, she was later attacked and captured by the League of Villains, making her unable to assist the rest of the group in the rest of the arc. She was rescued in the Hideout Raid arc by her teammate Tiger, together with Bakugo, tho she nopw had been depowered by All For One due to how useful he had found her quirk to be. When questioned about this, he jokingly said that he has the bad habbit of stealing quirks he likes.

The Search quirk would appear again in the Paranormal Liberation Front arc, where Shigaraki would find out he had received All For One and all the quirks it contained from the eponymous villain, and used his new Search power to locate Midoriya to try to steal One For All, leading to the climax of that arc.

Ragdoll seems like an interesting character, tho it feels very sad how little screentime she got, especially doing acvtual hero work, which we got basically none of, making her seem more like a plot device than an actual character. We do get to see a bit more of her character later on tho, thankfuly, like she crying in the hospital after her rescue and hugging her teammates, all crying too, probably due to the emotional stress of losing her quirk, which was a scene that felt very touching despite how short it was.

Outfits: As a civilian, Shiretoko wears simple and stylish clothing, like a dress and a pair of flat shoes. Her hero costume is a stripped yellow vest, a poofy yellow skirt that has a yellow pouched belt with a stylized buckler that looks like a cat's paw and a yellow tail attached. She also wears furred yellow tall boots with metal soles, a pair of large clawed cat gloves she uses for fighting and a pair of headphones she uses to communicate with her team, collored yel;low and stylized to look like cat ears.