Solar's Build Thread - The In-Between-Updates Update!

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
betterwatchit

Re: Solar's Build Thread - Boku no VILLAIN Academia Update

Post by betterwatchit »

Here's a bit of trivia about Stain's Quirk: The main reason that the target's blood type affects the Quirk is because a popular Japanese superstition holds that your blood type affects your personality. It's why a lot of Japanese works list a character's blood type along with their vital stats. TV Tropes can explain it better than I can.
SolarOracle

Post by SolarOracle »

Ares wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:20 am I've heard the mask and lack of nose was inspired by the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, as well as the whole ninja aesthetic.
Hm, never really made that association with Stain himself, more with Spinner, but now that you mention it, I can definitely see it. It would also make sense with what I said about him being a possible take on general 90's comic edgyness, since the Ninja Turtles were originally a parody of that, from what I know.
MarvelLion wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:58 am Excellent Stain build! I've been looking forward to this one, not just for the build, but also your thoughts on Stain, and it's as good as I was hoping.

Thanks! : D

Glad I didn't disappoint, LOL. This was one of the builds from this batch I was looking forward to the most to post, since I really wanted to talk about his role in the story and stuff. Figuring out a PL for him was kind of tricky, but I feel like PL 11 with a higher PL quirk captures pretty well how capable he was in the story relative to the other PLs I did.
MarvelLion wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:58 am One thing I wanted to suggest, maybe as a detail to his Motivation Complication, or a new Complication: That he will allow hero students a chance to leave, and only fight them if they insist on getting involved, as he did with Midoriya, Iida and Todoroki.

Oh, that's a pretty good idea, I'll make sure to add that.
squirrelly-sama wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:40 pm Interesting trivia bit about Stains design is the fact that he wears a Red Scarf. To westerners this is just a cool costume accessory like a cape but in Japan it's a bit more meaningful because a red scarf is a symbol of a Hero in the same way a pencil thin mustache is the symbol of a villain in the west. If you want to make someone look heroic in Japanese media you give them a red scarf.
Oh wow, I never made that association before in relation to Stain, nice job noticing it, dude! Adds even more to his symbology and stuff I guess.
SolarOracle

Innsmouth

Post by SolarOracle »

Fanart by HenLP

Innsmouth

Identity: Unknown.
Height: Unknown.
Weight: Unknown.
Eyes: Yellow.
Hair: None.
Skin: Pink.
Quirk Type: Mutant.
Group: Innsmouth’s Gang.
Base of Operations: Japan.

Power Level 7 - 105 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 4, Agility 1, Fighting 4, Awareness 0
Stamina 3, Dexterity 2, Intellect 0, Presence 2

Powers
Quirk - Octopus

Extra Limbs 4. [4]
Elongation 1 (Flaws: Limited to Arms). [0.5]
Attack With Multiple Arms: Feature 4: Multiattack on Unarmed Attacks. [4]
Swimming 2 (8 Km/H or 4 MpH). [2]
Immunity 3 (Cold, Drowning, Pressure) (Flaws: Limited to Half Effect). [1.5]
Movement 2 (Wall Crawling, Environmental Adaptation - Aquatic). [2]

Spit Ink: Ranged Affliction 7 (Impaired/Disabled/Unaware) (Extras: Cumulative) (Flaws: Limited to Visuals). [14]

Advantages
Chokehold, Close Attack 2, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Ranged Attack, Leadership

Skills
Acrobatics 2
(+3 total).
Athletics 2 (+6 total).
Close Attack (Unarmed) 2 (+8 total).
Deception 2 (+4 total).
Expertise (Criminal) 6 (+6 total).
Expertise (Nautical) 4 (+4 total).
Intimidation 4 (+6 total).
Persuasion 2 (+2 total).
Ranged Combat (Ink) 4 (+7 total).
Vehicles 4 (+6 total) (Flaw: Limited to ships).

Offense
Initiative +1
Unarmed
+8, close damage 4.
Spit Ink +7, ranged affliction (Impaired/Disabled/Unaware), Dodge DC 17.

Defense
Dodge 8, Fortitude 6, Parry 10, Toughness 3, Will 4

Complications

Motivation: Greed: Innsmouth and his gang are drug smugglers, and their sole motivation for that seems to be making money.

Responsibility: Gang Leader: Innsmouth is the leader of his band of villains and seems to care about his subordinates to some degree.

32 Abilities, 28 Powers, 7 Advantages, 15 Skills, 23 Defenses = 105 Character Points

About: Innsmouth is an anime-only villain who appears in a filler episode focused on Asui's pro hero work study during the Hero Killer arc. He is a drug smuggler who operates with a small gang of subordinates (all of whom seem to have Squid quirks) on the coast of Japan. His quirk, Octopus, is a mutant quirk that gives him octopus traits, like multiple stretchy tentacle arms and the ability to spit ink.

During the filler episode, Innsmouth and his gang have their operation intervened by the pro hero Selkie and his team, which includes Asui Tsuyu due to her U.A. work study with the hero. Selkie and other members of his crew end up being trapped by Innsmouth's lackeys, leaving only Asui and Sirius to deal with locating and capturing Innsmouth.

After receiving super sonic sound waves from Selkie, telling them about their predicament, by using her Good Ear quirk, Sirius and Asui get to work locating Innsmouth's hideout, ambushing and defeating another of his gang members upon arriving there, but not noticing Innsmouth himself, who manages to ambush the pair, using his quirk and great strength to overwhelm the pair. Fortunately, Asui's agility and Sirius' skill prove to be distraction enough to hold the villain off until Selkie arrives at the scene.

Innsmouth becomes somewhat distressed upon learning that Selkie took down two of his gang members, showing that he cares about them somewhat at least, and proceeds to blind Selkie with a jet of ink, trying to gain the upper hand in the fight. However, Selkie's echolocation capabilities allow him to continue fighting despite being blinded, easily incapacitating the villain and arresting him along with the rest of his gang.

For a filler villain, Innsmouth has a surprisingly cool design and powerset, not even mentioning the really cool Lovecraft reference that is his name (tho The Shadow Over Innsmouth is one of the few Lovecraft works WITHOUT tentacled beasts, LOL). I really like the detail about him being worried about his crew during his fight, it humanises him somewhat and gives an otherwise very personality-less villain some character.

Outfits: Innsmouth wears a pair of red boots with pointed toes, a pair of grey pants with a belt and a red sleeveless captain's coat. He also wears various bracelets and watches on his multiple arms, and has a part of his body extending around his head resembling a hood.
SolarOracle

Some Thoughts on The First Movie

Post by SolarOracle »

Next up is the villain builds from the first movie, since, apparently, it is set between the Stain fight and the final exams (which is honestly kind of dumb - you are telling me that Midoriya, Iida and Todoroki had their fight against Stain, all got hospitalized, barely had any time to heal, went on a plane trip to another country to only stay there for, like, the weekend, before bouncing back to Japan to do their finals exams and prepare for another trip?).

I felt like talking a bit about the movie before posting the builds (and I guess I'll be doing the same for the next two movies too then?), since this movie gives me a lot to talk about and due to me knowing that not everyone in the fanbase watched them and stuff, so I feel like doing a small introduction to them would be beneficial.

Their canonicity is a hot topic for the fanbase to this day, since Horikoshi insists that they are canon, but there being no reference whatsoever to them in the main series to any extent despite stuff that happens in the movies being helpful or relevant to what is happening in the manga (why didn't Midoriya ask Melissa for some of her tech so he could master One For All better, for example). I don't really know where I stand on this issue and don't care that much either way, if I'm being honest, I'm used to non-canon stuff and filler in anime and the first movie is so bad, it could be a positive for it not to be in canon, LOL.

OK, with that out of the way, let's talk about the first movie a bit.

The movie is called My Hero Academia: Two Heroes, which is a name that bothers me a bit. The Hero Academia movies have the serious problem of having bland, interchangeable and just generally dumb names, which contribute to them not standing out a lot. The whole "Two Heroes" thing in the title is meant to be in reference to Midoriya and All Might being the main characters of the movie, and the ones that end up saving the day, but it just sounds kind of dumb. All Might doesn't really have that much of a focus on this movie before the final sequence where he fights against Wolfram. Hell, with that logic, you could probably call the second movie "Two Heroes" as well, since it also has two hero characters as the protagonists, LOL. I really think they should have gone for a flashier and cooler sounding title, like My Hero Academia: I-Island Crisis or something. The title is so bland, in my head, I just call this one My Hero Academia: Movie 1 - The One With The Metal Guy.

The plot of the movie revolves around I-Expo, a support item showcase festival that happens on I-Island every few years. I-Island (I'm not sure what the "I" stands for, I assume "Invention") is an artificial island inhabited mostly by scientists and inventors who devote themselves to researching quirk science and inventing support item technology, and are an independent nation backed by the UN. The people who live in I-Island are allowed to use their quirks freely and have access to great technological innovations, but aren't really allowed to leave the island without getting permission first. It also only opens for visitors during I-Expo once a year, to avoid their research getting stolen.

All Might's former sidekick from his young days in America, Professor David Shield, is one of the most respected quirk scientists in the world and is one of the lead researchers on I-Island, so his quirkless daughter, Melissa Shield, decides to surprise her dad by inviting All Might to I-Expo so the two could see each other after such a long time, and All Might decides to take Midoriya with him.

Secretly, however, worried about All Might's diminishing power, David Shield has been working on creating a powerful Quirk Amplification Device, so All Might could continue operating as a hero, but his research was seen as too dangerous in the wrong hands and got confiscated by the sponsors of I-Island, which made Professor Shield and his assistant, Samuel Abraham, who was also saddened to have the result of years of dedicated research and work done to help humanity be taken from them just like that, both become enraged and start drafting a plan to recover their research and technology.

They both decided that they would hire actors to pretend to be villains taking the people on the island hostage during I-Expo, so that way they could pretend to have them steal the Quirk Amplification Device from the island and get away, while in reality they would be giving the device back to David so he could give it to All Might. Samuel, however, was unsatisfied with this plan, since he wanted to sell the Quirk Amplification Device research to be able to profit from it, as he didn't see any sense in all the hard work he did for humanity if he didn't get any monetary gain out of it.

Due to this, Sam instead hired a crew of real villains instead of actors, agreeing to let them steal the device in exchange for payment from them. The villains Sam hired were the crew of a villain known as Wolfram, who has a metallokinetic quirk and a loyal crew with a bunch of pretty strong villains, who was interested in the Quirk Amplification Device for... some reason. It isn't really clear, I don't know, maybe he just wants it to become insanely strong or maybe he just wants to sell it off and get a lot of money from it.

Anyways, secret plans aside, David was extremely happy to reunite with his old friend, so Melissa and Midoriya left both to talk to each other while they went explore the expo, seeing a bunch of advanced and prototype support items that were being developed there. and Midoriya nerding out about them. Him and Melissa end up bonding over their love of heroes and support items, and Midoriya ends up empathizing a lot with her due to she being quirkless like he was, tho she says that she ended up being unbothered by that as she began starting to study support item development under her father's tutelage, finding her calling in that.

As both are hanging out, they end up running into Uraraka, Jiro and Yaoyorozu, who are all VERY CONVENIENTLY also visiting I-Island, as Yaoyorozu's very rich family sponsors I-Island, which got them enough I-Expo tickets to invite more people with them, allowing her to bring Uraraka and Jiro along (and also three non-premium tickets that only grant one day access on the following day, the day of the actual Expo, that she gave to Hagakure, Asui and Ashido, since they lost aat rock, paper, scissor against the other girls, but that doesn't really matter for the plot of the movie).

After Midoriya introduces everyone, they all decide to go hang out at a local café, where they VERY CONVENIENTLY end up running into Mineta and Kaminari who are working there, Mineta explaining that they took jobs there so they would be able to see the expo and the hot international heroes there or something. While all this is going on, Iida VERY CONVENIENTLY also joins up with the group, explaining that the Iida family, as famous pro heroes, always gets invited to the I-Expo. Also VERY CONVENIENTLY, they run into Bakugo and Kirishima, who got to go there because Bakugo got two I-Expo ticket after getting noticed for getting first place in the U.A. sports festival, and also Todoroki, who got a ticket due to being related to Endeavor (Endeavor himself being conveniently missing from the movie due to the fact that if he was there, he would probably be able to deal with the threat of the movie almost immediately).

Later, we also find out that other U.A. students, like Sato, Sero, Koda, Shoji, Ojiro, Tokoyami and Aoyama were also on the island with passes for the following day, with zero explanation of how they got there, meaning that literally the entirety of class 1-A got to go to this supposedly extremely exclusive and expensive event. How VERY CONVENIENT!!!!

After they all get together, Midoriya, Bakugo and Todoroki end up going to test their skill at a "take down the villains" game thingy, where they have to destroy robots that represent villains as fast as possible to compete with each other. Watching them do this, Melissa notices that Midoriya has to hold back while using his quirk not to hurt himself, and deduces that his quirk is very similar to All Might's. The group all get invited by Melissa to go to a party for the sponsors at night, which will take place on the ground floor of the main tower of the island, where all pro heroes will be attending, and everyone separates to put on their formal wear. Melissa asks Midoriya to come with her and gives him a support item she developed known as the Full Gauntlet, that diminishes to damage that One For All causes to his body to almost nothing, giving the movie an excuse for Midoriya to go all out without causing severe damage to himself.

The group then reunites (minus Todoroki, Bakugo and Kirishima who ended up getting lost) and start going to the party. However, in the meantime, Wolfram's plan started going into motion, as he takes advantage of all heroes and scientists being in the same room to take hostages and nullify their threat. They meet up with Sam and Professor Shield there, acting as if they were kidnapping them, and go to the top floor of the tower so they can get the Quirk Amplification Device and so their team's hacker could take control of the electronic security of the island. Midoriya and his group end up discovering what is going on and start working on a way to get to the top of the tower to free Melissa's dad and stop the villains.

They end up going up the tower, but end up running into a pair of villains, Daigo, who has a physical enhancement transformation quirk, and Nobu, who has a quirk that allows him to displace things towards him, who are on the way up and blocking their path, forcing the group to hide from them. As they are starting planning on what to do, Bakugo, Todoroki and Kirishima enter the room, still lost and not knowing anything about the villainous takeover of the island, and comically ask the villains for direction. This all ends up culminating in a fight breaking between them, as Midoriya and the rest of the group appear, explaining the situation. Todoroki uses his ice to allow the group to continue climbing the tower as he, Kirishima and Bakugo stand behind to fight off against them.

The battle goes on for a while, but Bakugo and Todoroki manage to overwhelm Daigo despite his physical prowess. Nobu, however, was giving the group trouble due to his great agility and powerful attacks with his quirk, with Bakugo then deciding to defeat him by taking a displacement attack on his hand, covering Nobu's hands with Bakugo's explosive sweat that is detonated by Todoroki's flames.

Meanwhile, the other group continues to make their way up the tower, having to fight off against the hacked security robots who are trying to stop them, Mineta, Kaminari, Iida, Jiro, Uraraka and Yaoyorozu staying behind to deal with them while Midoriya and Melissa continue to advance. While climbing the stairs up to the top floor, the pair end up being ambushed by Swordkil, the second in command of Wolfram, who has a quirk that allows him to turn his hands into blades, who pushes back Midoriya with his attacks, but ends up getting distracted by Melissa and then being taken down by Midoriya with a single punch.

They then finally arrive at the final floor of the tower, where they run into Wolfram, David and Sam. As Midoriya starts fighting against Wolfram, David explains to them that Wolfram's crew are actors they hired and reveals his plan of recovering the Quirk Amplification Device for All Might, but then learns of Sam's betrayal and how Wolfram was a real villain all along, becoming very saddened by the betrayal of his assistant and by his greed. Wolfram gets the Quirk Amplification Device and proceeds to shoot Samuel, leaving him bleeding on the floor so he won't have to pay him, and starts his escape, taking David with him as a hostage as he goes towards his helicopter on the roof, Midoriya chasing after them while Melissa stays behind to try recover the island's security system.

Mi9doriya reaches the roof just as Wolfram is taking flight and leaps towards the plane, but ends up being pushed away by Wolfram's quirk as the plan takes flight and Midoriya screams hopeless. All Might then arrives at the scene just in time leaping into the helicopter and destroying it in a single strike as he rescues David from it, laughing while doing so as David apologizes for what he has done. However, to all Might's surprise, Wolfram is revealed to still be well after the helicopter crash, as he unleashes pillars of metal sprouting from the metallic tower by using his quirk and hits All Might, showing that he is now wearing the Quirk Amplification Device and revealing that he survived the fall because All For One transferred him a muscle augmentation quirk, giving him super strength and great resistance, shocking All Might and Miodriya.

The rest of the students reach the roof as all this is going on, helping contain Wolfram's power while Midoriya and All Might join to take him down in a final battle, culminating on them both delivering a powerful Smash attack simultaneously with enormous strength, with Midoriya's Full Gauntlet breaking with this punch so there is an excuse as to why he isn't using it all the time in the main series I mean due to how great the strength of the punch is, finally defeating Wolfram and taking the device back.

The movie ends with everyone saying goodbye to Melissa after David Shield and Sam end up being arrested, with Melissa saying that she will pick up where her father left off and do her best to become a great support item developer and quirk scientist, and tells Midoriya that she is rooting for him on his quest to become a great hero.

Like I said before, I don't really like this movie. The animation in the fights is great, especially in the final confrontation against Wolfram at some points and the whole Bakugo and Todoroki vs Daigo and Nobu part, but the plot doesn't really hold up too well for me.

I feel like I-Island wasn't really explored too well as a setting, with the more interesting aspects of it, like it being composed almost entirely of scientists and how quirk usage by the general public isn't illegal there unlike the rest of the world, being kind of just brushed over and not really being that relevant to the movie. The bad guys are generic as all hell and don't really have any depth other than being evil, and the plot twist with David Shield and Sam having hired them ends up almost not even mattering. Hell, Sam's betrayal and him getting shot has almost no impact on the plot other than showing that David isn't bad enough a guy to actually want to put people at risk to get his research back, and it's almost laughable when it happens. The amount of contrivances so the entire group can get together on the island is also really absurd and dumb, as I sarcastically pointed out repeatedly when I was explaining the plot.

Overall, I don't really recommend this movie. The second movie managed to be much better and be a complete improvement on this one, actually bothering fixing the issues of the first one, like having an interesting and deep villain, having a more interesting plot and group of enemies and actually exploring the setting it takes place on. The third movie is also pretty good from what I've heard, tho I still didn't have a chance to watch it myself.

If you absolutely must watch this movie, I'd say the best way to experience it is with some friends and riffing on it and stuff. OK, with all this out of the way, on with the actual character builds.
Last edited by SolarOracle on Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SolarOracle

Red Villain

Post by SolarOracle »

Red Villain

Eyes: Unknown.
Hair: Ash blonde.
Skin: Fair.
Quirk Type: Emitter.
Group: L.A. Villain Pair.
Base of Operations: United States of America, California, Los Angeles.

Power Level 7 (PL 9 Quirk) - 87 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 1, Agility 1, Fighting 4, Awareness 0
Stamina 3, Dexterity 3, Intellect 0, Presence 1

Powers
Quirk - Rocket Launchers
Rockets (Area)
: Ranged Area (30 ft. Burst) Damage 8 (Extras: Split). (25) -- [26]
  • AE: Rockets (Single Target): Ranged Damage 8 (Extras: Split). (17)
Advantages
Close Attack 2, Ranged Attack 3, Teamwork

Skills
Athletics 2
(+3 total).
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+8 total).
Deception 3 (+4 total).
Expertise (Criminal) 5 (+5 total).
Perception 4 (+4 total).
Persuasion 2 (+3 total).
Ranged Combat (Rockets) 4 (+10 total).

Offense
Initiative +1
Unarmed +8, close damage 1.
Rockets (Single Target) +10, ranged damage 8.
Rockets (Area), ranged 30 ft. burst area damage 8.

Defense
Dodge 10, Fortitude 5, Parry 8, Toughness 3, Will 3

Complications

Motivation: Greed: The L.A. Villain Duo seems to commit their acts of villainy for the purpose of getting money.

26 Abilities, 26 Powers, 6 Advantages, 11 Skills, 18 Defenses = 87 Character Points

About: One of the members of the villain pair pair that appear in the flashback at the start of the movie, the red villain is an unnamed villain who robs a casino together with his partner at the start of the movie and tries to run away before being stopped by a young All Might. Hi quirk, which I took the liberty of calling Rocket Launchers, allows him to turn his hands into rocket launchers and shoot rockets capable of creating massive explosions.

He appears at the start of the movie, back in the day of young All Might in America, where he and his partner in crime rob a cassino and try to make a getaway, managing to doge the local pro heroes and police who come to stop them before All Might's arrival. The red villain seems to be the leader of the pair, as the blue villain follows his orders.

The red villain bathers and taunts All Might for a bit before distracting him by blasting him with rockets and forcing All Might to deflect them, giving the pair an opportunity to run away. David Shield, All Might's sidekick at the time, however, arrives at the scene riding an extremely fast car as a support item he developed, allowing him and All Might keep up with the villains as they chased them.

All Might finishes off the villain duo with a singular Carolina Smash attack, overwhelming them with his great power and knocking them out immediately and allowing for them to presumably get arrested.

I love this guy's design, concept and power a lot, with the high collar suit with a v-neck and all, paired with his sniveling voice and laughter, pointed nose and ears and taunting personality, paired, of course, with the awesomeness that is his quirk! Seriously, I love this guy! It's kind of a shame that he ended up as a nameless mook and that his fight was so brief. If I had to give him a name, I'd call him "Rocket Red."

Outfits: The red villain wears a red stylized skin tight full body suit with a v-neck and a tall collar. He also wears a a red mask that covers the entire front of his face that has a stylized pattern that resembles an "R," I assume standing for "Red."
SolarOracle

Post by SolarOracle »

Oh yeah, sorry for the break between the last build and these. Started DMing a new campaign and needed some time to write some worldbuilding and prepare some builds.
SolarOracle

Blue Villain

Post by SolarOracle »

Blue Villain

Eyes: Black.
Hair: None.
Skin: Light blue.
Quirk Type: Transformation.
Group: L.A. Villain Pair.
Base of Operations: United States of America, California, Los Angeles.

Power Level 8 - 72 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 0/9*, Agility 2, Fighting 4, Awareness 0
Stamina 2/11*, Dexterity 0, Intellect 0, Presence 0
*Changed With Powers

Powers
Quirk - Monstrous Form

Growth 9 (Strength and Stamina +9, Mass +9, Intimidation +4, Speed +1, Dodge and Parry -4, Stealth -9) (About 4.75 times the size of the Red Villain), linked to Speed +2 (Speed 3 total), linked to Extra Limbs 4 (Extras: Sustained). [24]

Advantages
Close Attack, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Teamwork

Skills
Acrobatics 4
(+6 total).
Athletics 4 (+4 total, +13 size).
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+7 total).
Deception 2 (+2 total).
Expertise (Criminal) 4 (+4 total).
Intimidation 2 (+2 total, +6 size).
Perception 2 (+2 total).
Persuasion 2 (+2 total).
Stealth 0 (+2 total, -7 size).

Offense
Initiative +2
Unarmed
+7, close damage 0.
Unarmed (Growth) +7, close damage 9.

Defense
Dodge 9/5*, Fortitude 4/13*, Parry 9/5*, Toughness 2/11*, Will 3
*Changed with powers.

Complications

Motivation: Greed: The L.A. Villain Duo seems to commit their acts of villainy for the purpose of getting money.

16 Abilities, 24 Powers, 4 Advantages, 11 Skills, 17 Defenses = 72 Character Points

About: The other half of the L.A. villain pair on the flashback at the start of the movie, the blue villain is an unnamed villain who seems to be the muscle of the operation when he and his partner rob a cassino before being stopped by a young All Might. His quirk, which I took the liberty of naming Monstrous Form, allows him to turn into a strange huge multi-limbed shark monster thing, with multiple rows of sharp teeth and immense physical strength.

He appears at the start of the movie together with his partner, running and leaping at full speed to allow the pair to escape whila carrying the red villain on his back. Due to his enormous size and great strength, the blue villain was able to climb buildings and leap around Los Angeles while the red villain distracted David Shield and All Might with his powerful ranged attacks.

He was also shown to be quite durable, able to tank an electric attack from the pro hero Electoplant and being seemingly almost unaffected by it, but not durable enough to be able to resist All Might's all out California Smash, being forced to revert back to his original small form upon being knocked out and being easily apprehended by the police afterwards.

The blue villain compliments the nimble and taunting red villain pretty well, being a deep voiced brute who uses physical strength, but lacks on ranged attacks. If I had to give him a name, I'd call him "Big Blue."

Outfitrs: The blue villain wears a pair of jeans and a brown leather vest shaped like an X. He also wears a black mask that goes over the fin on his back.
Davies

Post by Davies »

... does he seem colder and perhaps more rational than his red-garbed colleague?
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
SolarOracle

Post by SolarOracle »

Davies wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:44 pm ... does he seem colder and perhaps more rational than his red-garbed colleague?
Not really more rational, but definitely more serious.

If you're referencing something, it's going over my head, sorry, LOL.
Davies

Post by Davies »

"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
SolarOracle

Post by SolarOracle »

Davies wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:41 pm This trope.
Ooooh, of course! I think it does play into that a bit, especially with the red guy being more energetic and cackling mad and stuff and the blue dude being more serious, but overall, I think the red/blue color scheme thing is meant to be more a play on the American flag than anything else, especially with the white detailing on the red villain's uniform.
MarvelLion

Post by MarvelLion »

SolarOracle wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:23 pm Oh yeah, sorry for the break between the last build and these. Started DMing a new campaign and needed some time to write some worldbuilding and prepare some builds.
No worries! I hope the campaign goes well. It's cool that you're back, though.
Nice job with these two villains, and I'm looking forward to the other Two Heroes villains.
Suggestion: For Wolfram, you should give him a Feature "Elusive Name" as a power, because I'm 99.99% sure that his name is never stated in the film. I had to wait for the credits to find out what it was.
SolarOracle

Wolfram's Crew

Post by SolarOracle »

Wolfram's Crew are the main bad guys of the first movie, being the villains hired by Samuel Abraham and Professor Shield to steal the Quirk Amplification Device, before double crossing them so Wolfram could keep the device for himself. They all seem to be loyal to their boss, as they follow their orders pretty strictly and put themselves at risk to help with the mission. They all dress in generic black tactical military uniforms.

These guys suuuuuuuck! They have generic uniforms and unclear motivations and almost no personality, like I mentioned in my rant about the movie, making them very boring villains. We don't even know where they are from, why they want the Quirk Amplification Device or how Sam got in contact with them or anything. Hell, like MarvelLion pointed out, they aren't even named during the movie!! Their names just appear in the credits!

There are a few guys from Wolfram's crew we get to see, those being Wolfram himself, a powerful metallokinetic who fights by manipulating the metal of the I-Island tower to create huge pillars to hit others, Swordkil, the second in command who can turn his hands into swords, Daigo, a small guy who can transform into a huge powerful monster form, and Nobu, an extremely agile man who can displace things towards him. Oh, and also some nameless white-haired hacker dude we know nothing about.
Last edited by SolarOracle on Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
SolarOracle

Wolfram

Post by SolarOracle »

Wolfram

Eyes: Yellow.
Hair: Red.
Skin: Tanned.
Quirk Type: Emitter and Transformation.
Group: Wolfram’s Crew.
Base of Operations: Unknown.

Power Level 10 - 141 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 2/7*, Agility 0, Fighting 4, Awareness 1
Stamina 4, Dexterity 3, Intellect 2, Presence 2
*Increased With Powers

Powers
Quirk - Metal Manipulation
Control Metal
: 31 Point Array. (31) -- [36]
  • Dynamic: Reshape Metal: Transform (Metal into Reshaped Metal) 15 (25 tons) (Extras: Dynamic). (31)
  • Dynamic: Metal Pillars: Ranged Damage 9 (Extras: Dynamic, Multiattack) (Flaws: Source - Metal). (27)
  • Dynamic: Metal Bind: Ranged Affliction 9 (Hindered and Vulnerable/Immobile and Defenseless) (Extras: Cumulative, Dynamic, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Source - Metal). (27)
Quirk - Muscle Augmentation
Enhanced Strength 5. [10]
Protection 4. [4]
Leaping 1 (15 ft.). [1]

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Chokehold, Close Attack 2, Improved Grab, Ranged Attack 3

Skills
Athletics 2
(+4 total).
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+7 total).
Deception 9 (+11 total).
Expertise (Criminal) 6 (+8 total).
Insight 4 (+5 total).
Intimidation 5 (+7 total).
Perception 4 (+5 total).
Persuasion 2 (+4 total).
Ranged Combat (Metal Manipulation) 5 (+11 total).

Offense
Initiative +0
Unarmed
+7, close damage 2.
Muscle Augmentation +7, close damage 7.
Metal Pillars +11, ranged damage 9.
Metal Bind +11, ranged affliction (Hindered and Vulnerable/Immobile and Defenseless), Dodge DC 19.

Defense
Dodge 12, Fortitude 7, Parry 10, Toughness 4/8*, Will 5
*Increased with powers.

Complications

Motivation: To Steal the Quirk Amplification Device: Wolfram and his crew want to take hold of the Quirk Amplification Device, possibly so he can become stronger or to sell it to other villains for great profit.

Metal-Based Quirk: Wolfram requires being in industrial or technologically advanced places that are rich in metal to properly use his power at maximum efficiency. Otherwise, he needs to manipulate the raw minerals on the earth, resulting in his attacks being much weaker.

Secret: Double Agent: Wolfram and the rest of his crew were hired by Professor David Shield and Samuel Abraham as fake villains to fake an attack on I-Island and steal the quirk amplification device for them. Unbeknownst to Professor Shield, Sam hired Wolfram’s Crew knowing they were real villains who wanted the Device so he could get a cut of their profits. Additionally, Wolfram also planned on killing Sam off after acquiring the Device.

36 Abilities, 51 Powers, 8 Advantages, 19 Skills, 27 Defenses = 141 Character Points

About: The leader of the group of villains attacking I-Island, Wolfram is a villain of unknown origin who wants to steal the Quirk Amplification Device. His main quirk, Metal Manipulation, allows him to reshape and control any piece of metal that he touches, which he uses to restrict others and to strike them by reshaping the metal into huge pillars that move towards his target. However, in a completely unnecessary plot twist that adds nothing to the movie, All For One contacted Wolfram before the start of the movie, and gave him a copy of the Muscle Augmentation quirk, which makes him stronger and more resilient.

Wolfram first appears at the first half of the movie, when he and the rest of his crew get on I-Island without rousing suspicion with the help of Samuel Abraham, who had hired the villains to steal the Quirk Amplification Device in exchange for getting some pay for it, deceiving Professor David Shield by telling him Wolfram and his crews were only actors pretending to be villains who were gonna recover the device for him.

Wolfram and his crew make their move at the start of the party at the end of the first night of I-Expo, where they manage to hack the island's security system (presumably with David Shield's and Samuel Abraham's help), and broke into the party where all the pro heroes were gathered together with the rest of his armed crew, saying that they have the whole island as hostages due to the hacked security system, and that the heroes in the room should surrender. Why he didn't threaten these hostages later against Midoriya's group to force them to surrender is completely beyond me.

Anyways, due to them being late to the party, Midoriya's group begins ascending the tower to try to reach Wolfram, as he, Sam, David Shield and other members of his crew went to the top floor to get the Quirk Amplification Device, with Wolfram issuing orders to try to stop Midoriya and the other 1-A students.

Eventually tho, Midoriya and Melissa Shield manages to reach them just as David Shield retrieves the device, with Samuel's betrayal being revealed as he steals the device and Wolfram double-crosses them, shooting Sam down as he makes his escape to the roof with David as a hostage, where there is a helicopter waiting for him. Midoriya chases after him while Melissa retrieves the island's security system.

As Wolfram manages to hold Midoriya back with his metal manipulation, All Might arrives and takes the helicopter down while rescuing David, but Wolfram manages to tank the hit due to his Muscle Augmentation, revealing All For One's gift to him. He then equips the Quirk Amplification Device, becoming much much stronger and being able to manipulate metal with even more control than before, unleashing several pillars of steel against Midoriya and All Might.

The battle rages on for a while, as the rest of class 1-A joins up to assist with the fight by holding back his metal pillars, with All Might and Deku managing to win by unleashing a pair of all-out punches simultaneously, knocking Wolfram out and allowing for him to be captured and arrested and for I-Island to return to its usual peace.

Despite how much much I dislike the bad guys of this movie, I kind of like Wolfram's design and power. He severely lacks in character tho, since we don't know his motivation or anything about him other than him being evil. I dig the twisted metal mask he wears during most of the movie tho, and how part of face looks rusted away, and the neat detail of that part of his face becoming normal when he equips the Quirk Amplification Device. The Muscle Augmentation All For One plot twist felt really unnecessary and dumb tho, gotta say, it felt like them last minute trying to tie the movie to the main series in a really awkward way.

I considered doing a powered up version of this build to represent him with the device, but like... eh, felt kind of unnecessary. I'd say that build would probably be just this build but 2-3 PLs higher and with area attacks with his pillars, since he is able to make them absurdly huge when powered up. A version of him without the Muscle Amplification would be PL 8 defensively and probably not have Fast Grab and Chokehold.

Outfits: Wolfram's uniform, like his crew's, consists of a black undershirt with a black tactical vest on top, with a bunch of pockets, as well as a pair of black pants and tall combat boots. In addition to this, he wears a long white coat and brown gloves. His mask, unlike the standard black one with an x design his crew wears, he wears one made of twisted metal pieces.
Last edited by SolarOracle on Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
SolarOracle

Swordkil

Post by SolarOracle »

Swordkil

Eyes: Brown.
Hair: Pink.
Skin: Tan.
Quirk Type: Transformation.
Group: Wolfram’s Crew.
Base of Operations: Unknown.

Power Level 7 - 59 Character Points

Abilities
Strength 1, Agility 1, Fighting 5, Awareness 0
Stamina 3, Dexterity 0, Intellect 0, Presence 0

Powers
Quirk - Swords

Strength-based Damage 3 (Extras: Improved Critical, Split). [5]

Advantages
Close Attack 2, Power Attack

Skills
Athletics 4
(+5 total).
Close Combat (Swords) 3 (+10 total).
Deception 3 (+3 total).
Expertise (Criminal) 4 (+4 total).
Intimidation 4 (+4 total).
Perception 2 (+2 total).
Persuasion 2 (+2 total).

Offense
Initiative +1
Unarmed
+7, close damage 2.
Swords +10, close damage 4, critical 19-20.

Defense
Dodge 8, Fortitude 6, Parry 11, Toughness 3, Will 4

Complications

Motivation: Loyalty: As second in command, Swordkil seems to be very loyal to Wolfram and his crew, and will do what he can to fulfill his orders.

20 Abilities, 5 Powers, 3 Advantages, 11 Skills, 20 Defenses = 59 Character Points

About: The second in command of Wolfram's Crew, Swordkil is a pink-haired guy with painted magenta lines under his eyes who seems to very loyal to his boss and team. His quirk, which I took the liberty of calling Swords, allows him to turn part of his arms into blades, which he uses as a weapon.

Swordkil first appears in the movie when Sam and David are taken as hostages, with him being the one to lead them to the top floor of the tower and threatening them to obey their orders. He later appears trying to intercept Midoriya and Melissa when they divided from the group to try to reach the top floor of the tower, ambushing them and almost managing to drop Midoriya from the tower. However, he ends up getting distracted by Melissa when she pushes him, giving Midoriya the opportunity to finish him off in a single strike.

Swordkil is one of the most popular members of Wolfram's crew, probably because he has a cool unique design and an interesting quirk. The long pink hair and the face paint do add a lot to his design. His quirk, when you think about it, is sort of a much weaker version of Kamakiri's tho, both in the sense of his blades seeming to be weaker and him only being able to manifest them in place of his hands, while Kamakiri can do so from whatever part of his body he wants.

Only build note here is that I made his perception pretty low on purpose, as well as him lacking ranks in Insight, due to him falling for Melissa's very obvious trick and getting one-shot as a result.

Outfits: Like the rest of his crew, Swordkil wears black tactical clothing, with tall black boots, a pair of black pants and a high-collared vest with many pockets over a black shirt. He also decorates his face with magenta face paint in linear markings under his eyes, and occasionally wears a black mask with a stylized x design.