Fuzzyboots Character Archive

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
FuzzyBoots

Fuzzyboots Character Archive

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I just realized that all of my builds are on the other site, currently unavailable (and a fair amount of them actually in the atomicthinktank.com archive at that... if nothing else, I should build a mirror of them here). I'll start by copying over one I made for a game that didn't actually go anywhere (the guy who was going to run it up and disappeared).

Fair warning, I generated these over several years, in different character creation sheets from Hero Lab to the various Excel sheets to freehand, so the style is all over the place. I keep thinking I just throw everything into Hero Lab, export the XML, and run it through my Python code to get something pretty, but I've been too lazy.
Last edited by FuzzyBoots on Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
FuzzyBoots

Re: Fuzzyboots Character Archive

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Robin (formerly The Imp/Ragdoll/Alice/Giggler etc) - PL 8

Strength 2, Stamina 2, Agility 4, Dexterity 3, Fighting 6, Intellect 2, Awareness 4, Presence 3

Advantages
Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 4, Evasion, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Initiative, Improvised Weapon 3, Jack-of-all-trades, Power Attack, Skill Mastery: Acrobatics, Skill Mastery: Stealth, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Acrobatics 6 (+10), Athletics 2 (+4), Close Combat: Martial Training: Strength-based Damage 2 6 (+12), Deception 4 (+7), Expertise: Streetwise 3 (+5), Insight 4 (+8), Investigation 4 (+6), Perception 4 (+8), Ranged Combat: Utility Belt Weapons 9 (+12), Sleight of Hand 5 (+8), Stealth 6 (+10), Technology 5 (+7)

Powers - Italicized items are equipment
Protection: Protection 2 (+2 Toughness)
Movement: Movement 1 (Swinging)
Martial Training: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 19)
Gag Gadgets
. . Banana Peel: Linked Effect
. . . . Trip: Affliction 10 (Linked; 1st degree: Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Prone, DC 20; Alternate Resistance (Acrobatics / Agility), Subtle: subtle, Triggered: 1 use - Walk over it (avoid with Acrobatics); Limited Degree)
. . . . ... and Fall: Damage 8 (Linked; DC 23; Subtle: subtle, Triggered: 1 use - Step on it (avoid with Acrobatics / Agility); Resistible: Acrobatics / Agility)
. . Extendable Staff: Strength-based Damage 6 (DC 23; Accurate: +2, Dangerous 2, Disarming, Reach (melee) 2: 10 ft., Smashing)
. . Throwing Discs: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 19; Disarming, Homing 2: 2 extra attempts, Increased Range: ranged [2 extra ranks], Ricochet: 1 bounce, Smashing, Split: 2 targets, Tripping)

Equipment
Commlink, Costume [Protection: Protection 2, +2 Toughness], Grapnel Gun [Movement: Movement 1, Swinging], Utility Belt [Gag Gadgets]

Offense
Initiative +8
Extendable Staff: Strength-based Damage 6, +8 (DC 23)
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 12)
Improvised Weapons: +12 (DC 19)
Martial Training: Strength-based Damage 2, +12 (DC 19)
Throw, +3 (DC 17)
Throwing Discs: Strength-based Damage 2, +12 (DC 19)
Trip: Affliction 10, +6 (DC Acro 20)
... and Fall: Damage 8, +6 (DC 23)

Complications
Enemy: Robin is targeted by her mentor's enemies, some of whom hate her just as much as her mentor.
Honor: Robin won't take unfair advantage of someone, although she does enjoy her tricks.
Identity: Robin knows the value of keeping her identity a secret.
Motivation: Justice: Robin is out to make the world a better place by bringing lawbreakers to justice.

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude 8, Toughness 6/2, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 52 + Powers 2 + Advantages 17 + Skills 29 (58 ranks) + Defenses 20 = 120

Background
Duela Kovacs was born to unknown parents, and left at the doorstep of Gotham City Child Services in a basket with a note indicating her intended name. Early in her life, she was exposed to the film, Annie, and decided to adopt that carefree optimistic point of view in all aspects of her life. Well, life isn't easy in Gotham City, especially if you're an orphan, so she learned to supplement her upbeat attitude with her fists and knees as needed, pairing martial arts classes with gymnastics with every chance she could get. And, well, somehow she crossed the line between defending the other children she knew from foster care to becoming a costumed vigilante. She never really took on anyone big, and most of her targets were abusive foster parents, with it becoming common knowledge at Gotham City Child Services that whispering the name of a culprit in certain desolate corners of the building seemed to result in justice being done. During that time, she adopted a range of self-made costumes, from Rag Doll (similar in appearance to a Raggedy Ann doll, ditched when she realized that the criminal Ragdoll might find it infringing on his persona) to Alice (petticoats, a blonde wig, and a rabbit mask, dropped after she got too much attention from Mad Hatter) to Rorschach (trenchcoat, and a white sheer mask with mirrored black spots like an ink test, dropped when she found people confusing her for The Question) to her last costume of The Imp (dimestore devil costume, combined with a fair amount of misinformation about diabolic "powers"). Eventually, Batman caught up with her. Impressed by her moxie, but worried about her getting in over her head (and secretly appalled at her choices in costumes), he decided to solve two problems with one stroke. As Bruce Wayne, he adopted Duela Kovacs, and as Batman, she's become his new Robin. To his dismay, she's kept a few of her old gags onhand, although he can't dispute their combat efficacy. When out as Robin, she wears a costume that flattens out her meager curves, appearing androgynous, having had it impressed upon her by Batman that female heroes often suffer worse indignities at the hands of villains. If she ever gets cut off from the Batman family, her next plan involves being named The Giggler and going for clown makeup.

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at https://www.wolflair.com
Mutants & Masterminds, Third Edition is ©2010-2017 Green Ronin Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.

----
Notes: Largely based off of the "The Protégé" archetype in Hero High. I was going to have a larger gag arsenal, cribbed from my Pratfall character, but I didn't think Batman would go for that. Largely a fragile accurate costumed type, she has a heavy-hitting attack with her staff (originally a mallet as Ragdoll, a croquet mallet as Alice, and a baseball bat as The Imp), and she's as adept using improvised weapons as she is with her fists, giving her additional options where she doesn't want to make direct contact with an opponent.

Multiple choice background with shifting identities, gag-based weaponry, and first name drawn from Duela Dent, aka Joker's Daughter from Teen Titans, last name drawn from another red-haired gymnast in child services who turned to vigilanteism. Her costumed identities draw from various DC villains, Whateley Academy, and Evil Inc. Originally, she was also going to have a boyfriend named Josh that she thought she was hiding from Batman, but it started to feel like a bit too much.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Magical Pretty Princess Loli-Chan
"In the name of love, you will be punished! And stop staring!"

Real Name: Satosaka Kohaku (if I translated this right, "Amber of the Small Town with Great Beer")

Power Level: 10 Power Points Spent: 150/150

STR: +1/+6(12/22), DEX: +1/+3(12/16), CON: +1/+3(12/16), INT: -1(8), WIS: -1(8), CHA: +1/+4(12/18)

Tough: +8/+11 (Imp: +4), Fort: +6, Ref: +7/+11, Will: +5

Skills: Acrobatics 8 (+11), Bluff 4 (+8), Climb 0 (+6), Concentration 0 (-1), Diplomacy 0 (+4), Disguise 0 (+4), Escape Artist 4 (+7), Gather Information 0 (+4), Handle Animal 0 (+4), Intimidate 0 (+2), Knowledge (arcane Lore) 4 (+3), Notice 6 (+5), Perform (oratory) 10 (+14), Search 0 (-1), Sense Motive 6 (+5), Stealth 6 (+13), Survival 0 (-1), Swim 0 (+6)

Feats: Acrobatic Bluff, All-Out Attack, Attack Focus (ranged) 2, Attack Specialization (Pretty Princess Wand (Device 7)), Defensive Roll, Diehard, Dodge Focus 3, Elusive Target, Evasion 2, Fascinate (Perform), Fearless, Improved Critical 2 (Pretty Princess Wand (Device 7)), Improved Initiative, Luck 2, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Precise Shot 2, Rage

Powers:
  • Features 1(Notes: Pretty Princess uniform reforms itself intact every time she shifts although it does tear and burn away at the most inopportune times and in unfortunate places.) - [1 PP]
  • Leaping 3(Jumping distance: x10) - [3 PP]
  • Magical Girl Traits (Enhanced Trait 28)(Traits: Strength +10 (22, +6), Constitution +4 (16, +3), Dexterity +4 (16, +3), Charisma +6 (18, +4), Reflex +4 (+11)) - [28 PP]
  • Pretty Princess Wand (Device 7)(Easy to lose) - [21 PP]
    • Blast 11(DC 26, Notes: Brilliant pink light shoots forth from the tip of the wand and strikes with concussive force) - [27 PP]
      • AP:Emotion Control 7(DC 17; Contagious, Duration (continuous); Limited to Emotion; Subtle (subtle)) - [1 PP]
      • AP:Exorcism 11(Notes: Pink symbols are emitted from the wand and blanket the target, fighting the icky evil within it.) - [1 PP]
      • AP:Healing 10(DC 20; Persistent, Stabilize, Notes: Loli-Chan touches the tip of the wand to the target and heals them of their ills as the flitting image of a Naughty Nurse outfit covers her.) - [1 PP]
      • AP:Snare 11(DC 21, Notes: Gaudy ribbons of a rainbow of colors fly out to snare the target) - [1 PP]
      • AP:Strike 5(DC 26; Duration 2 (sustained), Independent, Penetrating; Affects Insubstantial (half ranks), Mighty, Notes: With a flick of the wrist, Loli-Chan expands the wand out into a mighty scepter and lays about her with it, its head blazing with a pink fire that clings to her targets. The fire is extinguished by the target not attacking for a round.) - [1 PP]
    • Comprehend 1(languages - speak all) - [2 PP]
    • Enhanced Trait 4(Feats: Fascinate (Perform), Fearless, Precise Shot 2) - [4 PP]
    • Force Field 2(+2 Toughness) - [2 PP]
  • Protection 6(+6 Toughness; Impervious [4 ranks only]) - [10 PP]
  • Shrinking 4(-1 Toughness, -1 size category, 3/4 movement speed; Normal Strength; Permanent) - [8 PP]
  • Speed 3(Speed: 50 mph, 440 ft./rnd) - [3 PP]
  • Super-Movement 3(perfect balance, sure-footed 2 (50% penalty reduction)) - [6 PP]
  • Super-Strength 2(+10 STR carry capacity, heavy load: 3.1k lbs; +2 STR to some checks) - [4 PP]

Attack Bonus: +5 (Ranged: +7, Melee: +5, Grapple: +6/+8)

Attacks: Blast 11, +9 (DC 26) [110ft. range incr.]; Emotion Control 7, +9 (DC 17) [Perception range incr.]; Exorcism 11, +9 (DC 20) [Perception range incr.]; Snare 11, +9 (DC 21) [110ft. range incr.]; Strike 5, +7 (DC 26); Unarmed Attack, +5 (DC 21)

Defense: +9 (Flat-footed: 5), Knockback: -6
Initiative: +7
Encumbrance: Light: 1k lbs, Medium: 2.1k lbs, Heavy: 3.1k lbs, Maximum: 3.1 tons, Push / Drag: 7.8 tons
Languages: Japanese

Drawbacks:
Vulnerable (Uncommon - Mind Control, Moderate - +50% DC)

Eyes: Blue Hair: Blonde, princess curls
Height: 3' 6" Weight: 40 lb.

COMPLICATIONS
  • Duty - Loli-chan must defend goodness and true love (here, "true love" includes any and all forms of love, including many which may be illegal in a given country) at all times.
  • Enemies - Professor H (still believes Loli-Chan belongs to him, has Mind Control and Transform (Mental) powers), Pervert Patrol (believes Loli-Chan is an aberration which must be healed or cleansed, mostly non-powered but there are some mystics (primarily wielding uncontrolled artifacts) and anyone could be a member of them), various demons and moral rights groups
  • Reputation - Loli-chan is, well, clearly underage and dressed terribly provocatively. The fanfiction written by her fan club doesn't help matters either.
  • Reputation / Duty - Loli-Chan has a fan club. Kohaku doesn't want this fan club, as they largely run into fights to get panty shots and post said shots on the internet along with lemon fanfiction. Loli-chan, however, has to defend them because, after all, they are advancing the cause of "true love"
  • Secret - Kohaku must hide the fact that she is Loli-chan from the public, both because enemies might target her in her non-powered form and because it would ruin her life.

BACKGROUND
Satosaka Kohaku was your typical high schooler. She wasn't extremely popular, but she had her friends and she had her club activities. One day, as she was heading home from school, she saw a little old man being set upon by a group of young thugs. Kohaku was galvanized into action and charged in, backpack swinging wildly. The old man thanked her profusely and claimed that the young men were not just thugs, but were enemies of his who sought to prevent him from spreading love and joy in the world. Before Kohaku could speak a word in question, the old man straightened up and thrust one hand up in the air. Rainbows shot down from the sky and the seeming old man transformed into a dashing sorcerer in his mid-30's. He took Kohaku's hand and asked her if she would stand with him, to protect the world and to help his cause, offered to make her a magical girl, a defender of love from all of those who would oppose it. Kohaku had heard of magic before and, as a child, had dreamed of growing up to be a magical girl. And now, here was her chance. She eagerly said yes and he pressed a rainbow colored brooch into her hands. "Take this," he said and she could feel a tingle from the broach as she held it closer to her face to examine its details, "It is now attuned to you and, no matter what forces you face, you now can never lose it. Come to the playground around the corner at midnight tonight and I will instruct you in your duties." And, with that, he vanished. Kohaku stumbled home, in a daze, wondering whether this could have all been a dream. But, when she went to the playground that night, the sorcerer stood there. proud and tall. He told her to hold the brooch above her head. "This first time, I will have to empower the brooch. Thereafter, you will be able to transform whenever there is trouble, whenever evil fills the air." Rainbows streamed from his fingertips and encircled Kohaku. She could feel a definite change, although it was subtle. The world became a little bit more clear. Her body felt full of energy, ready to perform at a moment's notice and she... was shrinking? Much to Kohaku's horror, she felt herself getting shorter, her arms and legs getting stubbier. She tried to let go of the brooch, but it stuck to her hands. A rustling in the bushes made the sorcerer's head shoot up. "My enemies have found me. I just need to magically impress upon you your mission..." and his hands shot forward, the rainbows redoubling. Kohaku could feel her mind twisting, reshaping itself. The master is right... the master must be obeyed. Love must be free and not persecuted no matter the size, the shape, the age... She fought as best she could, but she could feel the voices overwhelm her, crushing her sense of self and replacing it. That's when the rock struck the sorcerer. He fell to one knee, blood streaming down one side of his face, and the rainbows ceased. Kohaku fell to one stubby knee, a distance of maybe ten inches at most from her standing position and fought the remaining voices in her head. "There's the pervert!" a voice cried and one of the young boys from before leaped out of the bushes. The sorcerer, still bleeding, looked straight into Kohaku's eyes and spoke, "This isn't over. You are mine now." And then, he vanished once more. The boy skidded to a halt and spoke a harsh curse into the night. He then turned to Kohaku and recoiled. "What... what are you?" Smite the unbeliever! Topple the tyrant! The master is... Kohaku once more fought down the voices and looked down at her arms and legs. The clothing she'd been wearing had been transformed into what looked like a child's version of a seifuku. Pink... of course, it was pink. With a flush of embarrassment, she realized that the skirt, while a somewhat more pleasing white color, was mildly translucent and was currently showing that her undergarments had been transformed as well. "I... I'm..." and the voices took hold once more, bring her to her feet, one arm above her head suddenly clutching a wand covered in ribbons. "I am Magical Pretty Princess Loli-Chan, Defender of Free Love and you will be punished!" And there, she wound to a halt. The boy must be punished! But... why? I don't even know him. The master says... She closed her eyes and forced the voices back down. When she opened her eyes, all of the boys she'd seen that morning attacking the man were standing to one side of the playground, arguing quietly but fiercely. She could only catch a few words of it. "... transformed... tainted by him... needs to be cured... destroyed" As much as Kohaku wanted answers, she valued self-preservation more. She turned and pumped her chubby little legs, moving almost impossibly fast as she sped out of the playground. With no effort at all, she cleared a ten foot chain link fence. What... what am I? I am Magical Pretty Princess Loli-Chan, Defender of Free Love and... Oh, shut up. To her amazement, the voices stilled and let her be. Still, what was she?

Since that fateful day, Kohaku has grown to accept that she is stuck with this role, but she fights to conquer the overrides the sorcerer (who she now knows goes by the name of Professor H) placed on her, but she's found that her magical girl form is all too prone to suggestion. On the other hand, it sports impressive physical attributes despite her diminutive size, and said attributes have only increased with intensive training. Lacking any source of formal source of training, Kohaku has turned her magical girl form into a bit of a brawler. Not terribly fast or accurate, but able to take a great deal of punishment and able to inflict said punishment back, although her ability to fight is greatly decreased without her wand. Still, she has accounted well enough for herself, fighting various demonic creatures and the occasional pervert (although she generally has to marshal her will to keep from defending said pervert). As Kohaku, she's managed a fairly normal high school life, although she's starting to think that her friends suspect something is going on with her, but she's pretty sure they haven't figured out the specifics.

PERSONALITY
As Magical Princess Loli-Chan, Kohaku is alternately perky and friendly or sullen and argumentative. The nature of the form is to be friendly, really to be... overly friendly, but Kohaku is constantly battling this aspect. Despite the mental overlay, Kohaku retains her maturity in the other form, although she finds her thinking more than a tad fuzzy.

TACTICS
Magical girls are, by a rule, supposed to fight in teams, with each member's strength supporting the other's weakness. Their ignorance is compensated by wise spiritual advisors. They are generally dependent on a mysterious defender who arrives in their time of greatest need. Loli-Chan has never been a proper magical girl and has therefore largely learned for forge for herself. Her natural inclination is to charge in and start blasting bad guys indiscriminately, trusting in her magical protection to keep her from harm. She has also picked up a most un-magical-girl tendency to pick up objects around her like telephone poles and uninhabited cars and to use them as improvised weapons.

Total: Abilities 4 + Skills 12 + Feats 21 + Powers 84 + Combat 18 + Saves 13 + Drawbacks -2 = 150
----
Davies ran a Mecha and Manga game on the Atomic Think Tank named Freedom Panic!. It unfortunately fell apart after the first adventure, but I built Loli-Chan for that. Original build can be found here. In some ways, I'm very proud of her. She was a fairly powerful build with some interesting hooks. In others... well, most people don't build underage magical girls. Some things didn't translate right when I rebuilt her. I had two extra pp on the Sceptre and I was less than happy with some of the drawbacks. Also, it was a Davies houserule that Defensive Roll gave +2 toughness for the first rank to compensate it going away when stunned.

FWIW, Davies kept the character, with my blessing, for his World of Freedom universe.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Karl Immerman
Displaced Ambulance Driver

ATTRIBUTES: STR 14 (+2), DEX 14 (+2), CON 16 (+3), INT 16 (+3), WIS 18 (+4), CHA 14 (+2)

SKILLS: Bluff 2(+4), Computers 2 (+5), Concentration 6 (+10), Craft: Mechanical 4 (+7), Diplomacy 4 (+6), Disable Device 2 (+5), Drive 6 (+8), Intimidate 4 (+6), Knowledge [life sciences] 4 (+7), Knowledge [streetwise] 4 (+7), Medicine 6 (+10), Notice 6 (+10), Profession [EMS] 10 (+14), Sense Motive 2 (+6), Language 6

LANGUAGES: English, Spanish, French, Japanese, Chinese (Mandarin dialect), Korean, ASL

FEATS: Attack Focus (Melee 4), Defensive Roll 1, Dodge Focus 4, Benefit (reputation as a healer), Chokehold, Endurance, Equipment (30ep) 6, Fearless, Improvised Tools, Luck 3, Rage 4 (+6 STR, +3 to Fort and Will saves, -2 to defense for up to 15 rounds), Skill Mastery (Driving, Medicine, Profession [EMS], Knowledge [life sciences]), Ultimate Effort (Medicine)

POWERS:
*Immunity: Need for Sleep [1 pp]
*Super-Senses 3: Detect injury (ranged, accurate) [mental] [3 pp]

EQUIPMENT: Baseball bat (+2 damage, 1 ep), Taser (Stun, Fort 17 , 14 ep), Leather Jacket (+1 toughness, 1 ep), Ambulance (Van, CB radio, Navigation System, Infirmary 11 pp), 3 pp for other materiel

COMBAT: Attack +4 Melee / +0 ranged [Unarmed +2 (+5 during rage) Baseball bat +4 (+7 during rage)], Defense 14 (flat-footed 10), Init +2

SAVES: Toughness +5 (+4 sans jacket or flatfooted, +3 without jacket and flatfooted), Fortitude 4 (+6), Reflex 2 (+4), Will 4 +7
Abilities 32 + Skills 18 (72 ranks) + Feats 29 + Powers 4 + Combat 0 + Saves 7 – Drawbacks 0 = 90

BACKGROUND
Karl was an ambulance driver for the city of Seattle, WA. He was a good EMS worker, known throughout the staff for both his nearly miraculous ability to save lives and his corresponding obsession with saving lives. Eventually, that obsession caught up with him. He failed to save the life of a little girl who'd gone into cardiac arrest. CPR was started within minutes of arrest. His technique was flawless. He was supported by the best medical equipment avialable in the field. He still failed. Karl was inconsolable and found himself unable to sleep. He threw himself into his work, calling in favors and using other workers' names to work shift after consecutive shift. Before long, he was hallucinating, seeing the girl everywhere, seeing... things out there. After he swerved to miss an apparition of the girl and nearly crashed his ambulance, someone in dispatch realized how long he'd been out there, and without a partner, and ordered him to return. Karl kept driving, knowing that if he came back, they'd take him off duty. The miles blurred together until Karl suddenly realized that the buildings around him were familiar, but different... empty. He no longer felt tired anymore - in fact he felt great - and the constant drone of the dispatcher's voice begging him to come home had fallen silent. Karl was in paradise. That is, until he started spotting his hallucinations again. Except, this time, they were real. But there were still people out there who needed to be helped. Karl could feel them out there. There was a world to save and he would save it one person at a time. Karl doesn't sleep anymore. He's happy that way.

COMPLICATIONS
  • Duty - Compelled to save lives, no matter who it is or whether he exposes himself to danger doing so
  • Unhinged - Karl is not entirely sane. So long as he's saving lives, he manages to keep himself going, but every time he fails, he snaps for a while. During those times, he's been known to do everything from go on the offense against the evils of the night (not a wise idea since he's not exactly built for combat) or he goes into fugue states where he just drives for hours on end.
  • Obsession - That one girl that Karl failed to save while he was on the other side, he's seen her since. It's always out of the corner of his eye, or a glimpse among the crowd, but every time, he runs after her, sure that this time, he'll save her.
  • Debt - Replacement medical supplies aren't cheap or readily available and Karl has run up some substantial tabs with the black market. He pays some of it off in services, but he knows that he's still far into the red side of the ledger.
DESCRIPTION
Karl is caucasian, stands about 5' 10", weighs about 170 lbs although he looks much skinnier, almost gaunt. One of those wiry sorts. His eyes are blue. Hair is black and short cut. He generally sports rings under his eyes, some degree of stubble, and various small nicks and cuts that are in the process of healing.

----
Karl was built for some sort of "supernatural starts to seep into the regular world" campaign that sadly didn't really go anywhere. I'd recently watched Bringing Out the Dead, so the idea of doing an ambulance driver who didn't sleep was appealing to me.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Captain Junk
Junk and Debris Manipulator
"“Fear my massive junk!”"
Identity: Secret ID (barely)

APPEARANCE
Size: Medium
Height: 5' 8”
Weight: 167 lb
Hair: Brown, stringy, hangs to his shoulders in dreadlocks
Eyes: Pale green

ABILITIES
STR: 14 (+2)
DEX: 12 (+1)
CON: 12 (+1)
INT: 12 (+1)
WIS: 10 (+0)
CHA: 10 (+0)

COMBAT
Attack 2 (Melee 2, Ranged 5) [Unarmed +2 (Bruise)]
Defense 5 (2 flat-footed)
Initiative 1

SAVES
Toughness 7 (7 flat-footed)
Fortitude 5
Reflex 4
Will 5

SKILLS
Bluff 6 (+6)
Climb (+2)
Computers 2 (+3)
Concentration 2 (+2)
Craft (Mechanical) 6 (+7)
Diplomacy 6 (+6)
Disable Device 4 (+5)
Disguise (+0)
Drive 2 (+3)
Escape Artist (+1)
Gather Info 2 (+2)
Handle Animal 2 (+2)
Intimidate 4 (+4)
Knowledge (Streetwise) 4 (+5)
Notice 4 (+4)
Profession: Junkman 8 (+8)
Search 4 (+5)
Sense Motive 4 (+4)
Stealth (+1)
Survival (+0)
Swim (+2)

LANGUAGES
English (native), Spanish, Korean, Chinese (Mandarin), ASL

FEATS
All-out Attack
Attack Focus, Ranged (3)
Favored Environment (1) - Junkyards /rubbish heaps.
Improvised Weapons (3) - +3 Damage bonus when using improvised weapons
Dodge Focus (2)

Powers:
Junk Array (Array 7) (default power: create object)
. . Blast 7 [Dyn: 2/r, max 14PP] (Array; DC 22, Notes: Flavor: Various obects, small to large, pelt the opponent. Draws from the same junk that he uses to protect himself, so he has to divert some of his protection to it.)
. . Flight 6 [Dyn: 1/r, max 14PP] (Array; Speed: 500 mph, 4400 ft./rnd; Platform, Notes: Hugh creates a platform made of debris and travels about on it. He's uncomfortable traveling too fast on it though.)
. . Force Field 6 [Dyn: 2/r, max 14PP] (Array; +6 Toughness; Impervious, Reflective (Kinetic); Ablative, Notes: Flavor: Summons a field of random debris which swirls about him and intercepts attacks. In the case of melee attacks, an attacker frequently finds their fist stopped by a refrigerator door or the like, or bullets ricocheting off a spinning septic tank, causing damage to the attacker. As his shield intercepts attacks, he loses debris until he drops the field entirely and then resummons more junk.)
. . Move Object 14 (Array; Strength: 70, Carry: 68.1 tons / 136.2 tons / 204.8 tons / 409.6 tons; Limited Material (Junk))
. . Summon Junk (Create Object 6) [Dyn: 2/r, +2max 14PP] (Default; Max Size: 6x 10' cubes, DC 16; Permanent; Custom (Subtle: Looks like actual junk), Progression, Object Size, Notes: The objects are limited to items you might find in a trashheap or junkyard and are all non-functional, but are basically real-world objects. Hugh has no idea where they come from. His Transform power has never worked on them, and he occasionally gets (still non-functional) objects that are nevertheless probably not of this Earth.)
. . Transform 7 [Dyn: 2/r, max 14PP] (Array; affects: 1 thing > 1 thing - broken objects to fixed objects, Transforms: 100 lbs., DC 17; Action (full), Notes: Unfortunately, they only stay repaired as long as he concentrates on it which has limited the utility of this power in his job.)
Super-Senses 5 (accurate: Detect Junk, acute: Detect Junk, detect: Junk 1, ranged: Detect Junk, Notes: Hugh can detect junk and knows exactly where it can be found and what the nature of it is. This has proven to be a massive benefit for his day job, but he has yet to find a way to use it as a Super-hero.)
Super-Strength 1 (+5 STR carry capacity, heavy load: 350 lbs; +1 STR to some checks, Notes: Through the years of hauling large parts about, Hugh has acquired the ability to lift rather heavy-loads. He primarily uses it to be able to swing some of the larger bits of junk about as improvised weapons.)

Equipment: HQ: Junkyard
HQ: Junkyard
Power Level: 6; Equipment Points Spent: 5
Toughness: +5
Features: Garage, Living Space, Security System 1, Workshop
Size: Large
Totals: Abilities 0 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Feats 0 + Features 4 + Powers 0 + Combat 1 + Saves 0 + Drawbacks 0 = 5

DRAWBACKS
None

COMPLICATIONS
  • Responsibility (job) - Has a job at a local junkyard. Does not currently own it, but he's working towards it.
  • Responsibility (relationship) - Has an ex-wife that he owes regular alimony payments to, although she's better paid than he is. She knows of his crime-fighting attempts and it was one of the factors behind their split.
  • Reputation - Hugh's crime-fighting forays have gotten him into trouble with the neighborhoods he fights in as the items he summons remain afterwards, necessitating extended clean-up efforts.

SUMMARY
    Abilities 10 + Skills 16 (64 ranks) + Feats 11 + Powers 31 + Combat 10 + Saves 12 – Drawbacks 0 = 90 / 90

BACKGROUND
    Hugh had worked at the local junk yard since he was a young teenager. At 21, never having attended college, he was working in the yard when a pile of cars started tilting towards him. He was frozen in place, every fiber of his being pushing out at the falling objects. And, to his amazement, they stopped and then settled back into place. Over time, he discovered that he had extensive control over junk. He could move it at will and eventually, he found that he could summon new objects out of thin air and use the summon objects as material. He's never quite figured out what the source of his power is and why it acts on some objects and not others, but after a lot of practice in the junk yard when no one was watching, he embarked on his crime-fighting crusade. Much to his surprise, his efforts were not appreciated. While he was successful in taking down various criminals and even a few minor super-villains, the items that he summoned remained there afterwards resulting in public outcry and several littering citations. He still occasionally ventures forth at night to try to fight crime, but he's kind of discouraged, especially after his wife left him after one too many nights of nocturnal excursions. Since he's stopped heading out at night, he's focused more on learning how to repair and improve upon broken devices and he's found that his abilities adapted along, allowing to repair, albeit temporarily, devices. He's learned a few languages to aid him in negotiating deals with people and sometimes wonder if he should study this more intensely.

PERSONALITY
    Hugh is a very easy-going kind of guy. Very self-deprecating attitude about himself. Back when he was an acting superhero, he came up with a number of catchphrases, but over the years of disappointment, he's pared them down to the ones that make fun of him and his ability.

TACTICS
    Hugh generally summons his protecting cloud of debris as soon as he thinks he might be heading into danger. When faced by single enemies, he tried to pelt them with his blast power while avoiding attack. When faced with larger groups or evasive enemies, he attempts to drop larger piles of debris as area attacks. He's not terribly creative in the use of his abilities as he's found very few problems he can't solve by shoving his junk into it. He's aware that his abilities seem to draw upon some common source such that he has to allocate his energy on the fly between them and has become fairly good at being able to handle it on the fly.

--------
    I think that, as this point, I've submitted Captain Junk to three different games, but have yet to get him into a game. Too silly, I suppose. I was fairly proud of the PL 8/130 pp version for Tattooedman's Freedom Knights game, which took a slightly more serious bent.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Sneaks the Clown

Abilities: [52 pp]
STR 2 AGI 5 FGT 4 AWA 2 STA 8/2 DEX 5 INT 0 PRE 8
Advantages: [18 pp]
Close Attack 4, Daze (Deception), Hide in Plain Sight, Improvised Weapon 2, Power Attack, Redirect, Set-Up 2, Skill Mastery (Deception, Stealth), Throwing Mastery 4

Skills: [19 pp]
Acrobatics 5 (+10)
Athletics 2 (+4)
Close Combat [Slapstick Array] 4
Deception 8 (+16)
Expertise (Clowning) 6 (+14) [assumed Presence-Based]
Ranged Combat [thrown objects] 4
Stealth 6 (+11)
Sleight of Hand 3 (+8)

Powers: [36 pp]
  • Unnoticeable (Concealment 10) [All Senses, Quirk: Shows up on recordings, Precise (can temporarily not conceal one sense at a time)] [20 pp]
  • Slapstick (Insidious, Subtle) [Variable Descriptor 2 (melee weapons), Detectable via DC 20 Perception check] [4 pp]
  • Clown Body [Enhanced Stamina 6] [12 pp]

Equipment: [2 pp]
  • Slapstick Array [5 EP + 4 Alternates]
    • Honking Big Mallet (Strength-Based Damage 3, Reach, Improved Critical)
    • Joy Buzzer (Stun Gun) (Affliction 5 [daze / stun / incapacitate])
    • Snare Loop (Touch Snare Affliction 5 [Hindered + Impeded / Defenseless + Immobile])
    • Stinkbomb Whoopie-Cushion (Touch-Range Triggered Affliction 4 [Impaired / Disabled], Burst Area, Triggered (physical contact))
    • Banana Peel (Linked Damage 1 + Affliction 6 [Impaired / Prone, Limited Degree, Instant Recovery], Triggered 2 (1 for each) (Physical Contact))
  • Deck of Playing Cards

Toughness: +8, Fortitude: +10/+4 [2 pp], Will: +10 [8 pp]
Dodge: +8 [3 pp]
Parry: +10 [6 pp]
Initiative: +5

Attacks: +5 for ranged, +8 for melee
General Ranged: +5
General Melee: +8
Thrown Cards: +9 [DC 19 Toughness]
Slapstick Array: +12
  • Whoopie Cushion (DC 14 Fortitude : Impaired/Disabled)
  • Honking Big Mallet (DC 20 Toughness, 19-20 Crit)
  • Joy Buzzer (DC 15 Fortitude : Daze/Stun/Incapacitate)
  • Snare Loop (DC 15 Dodge : Hindered + Impeded/Defenseless + Immobile)
  • Banana Peel (DC 16 Dodge : Vulnerable/Prone | DC 16 Toughness)

Abilities 56 + Advantages 18 + Skills 19 + Powers 36 + Equipment 2 + Defenses 19 = 149 pp / 150

Background
All that Brenton Simmons wanted was to be a clown. As a child, he delighted in making people laugh. As he grew up, he trained himself in pratfalls and amateur magic, and slowly built up his persona. He even attended a clown school to gain a grounding in the professional aspects and registered his makeup, carefully painted on an emptied eggshell. A few weeks before his debut, he was performing in the local park to a semi-attentive audience when a gag he performed involving a bright red balloon, a small schnauzer, and 10 lbs of cooked noodles distracted a carriageman at just the wrong time, causing him to swerve and run down an old woman. Brenton immediately broke off his routine and rushed over to help the woman, but she was rapidly dying. As the last sparks of life were leaving her body, she grabbed Brenton's shoulders and cursed him for his clowning, proclaiming that from now on, he would be a clown, an excellent clown, but would labor in complete obscurity. True to her dying curse, it was suddenly like he longer existed to the world. No one could see him. No one could hear him. Faced with an inability to really do any job at all, Brenton eventually turned to petty crime, quickly learning from news reports that, while no one saw him during the perpetration of the crime, there was no lack of video footage. His makeup was matched up to the official registry and soon, both his real identity and his clown identity had been declared criminals. True, they couldn't catch him, but it meant he also lost access to bank accounts, rented properties... in short, his life was an ironic Hell. And the makeup no longer came off. This was his face now.

He found a level of tolerability in his new life. True, he could never really perform directly for an audience, but he came to enjoy the idea of his thefts being performance art on a grand scale, only appreciated in retrospect. Indeed, for a while, people believed that his endeavours were actually the result of a viral advertising campaign, or maybe a flash mob. But eventually, tying together the shoelaces of security guards and drawing obscene pictures on cue cards began to get dull, and he started going for bigger targets. Corporations, military bases, even the odd minor-league superhero team, they all suffered incursions from Sneaks the Clown. But all good things come to an end. The first few times that Brenton got caught by booby traps, they didn't notice his inert body until waking, but eventually, a retired Silver Age superhero named Monitor Man (a gadgeteer whose main gadget involved what was essentially a vacuum tube-based HUD in the form of a CRT mashed up against his face) rigged up a surveillance system that let them coordinate efforts to take him down and his crime spree was put to an end.

His crimes amounted to misdemeanours, and his lawyer was able to argue that their evidence was largely circumstantial in that they couldn't really prove that Brenton had been the perpetrator other than through what could yet be doctored footage or copycats. He wasn't going to get off scott-free, but his lawyer was able to get his sentence converted to community service, in this case membership on a hero reality show being filmed in-town with his wages being garnished to pay off fines. He has yet to find a way to break the gypsy curse, but he has learned that, with sufficient willpower, he can at least get people to see or hear him for a brief period, something which he's found adds even more to his performance. He's actually wearing a rubber clown mask over his own permanent features because the network decided he "wasn't scary enough". As compensation, they also provided him with a series of slapstick gags he could use versus the heroes. It's an opportunity to perform in front of an audience again...

Complications
  • Addiction — Brenton has a complexity addiction problem. He could probably settle for cherry-tapping the heroes with blunt objects while they wondered why they got more and more tired and sore, but he feels the need to set up more elaborate scenes.
  • Nemesis — Tactile Lass has never quite forgiven Brenton for goosing her on-camera. And Monitor Man has made noise of getting onto the show so that he can "show those whippersnappers how a real hero comports himself".
  • Obsession — Brenton has dual obsessions of breaking the curse and resuming his work in clowning. Unfortunately, he's got a sneaking suspicion that these obsessions are working against each other...
  • Prejudice — Mistrusted by the law due to his criminal background and mistrusted by many for his clown persona
  • Power Loss — Brenton's inability to be perceived is not truly controlled by him. It happens without his will, and occasionally lapses, revealing him to everyone. He thinks that it has some tie to his mentality. Those times he's been revealed have always involved him losing the thread of entertaining people. It's just one more twist of the knife that Brenton knows that he might be able to return to a normal life, but only if he completely gives up on his dream of being a clown.

Tactics
Brenton relies heavily on being unseen, attempting to set up chains of practical jokes that will spring when the heroes arrive. Most of his abilities are low-impact, but they're annoyances, and ones that Brenton can leverage to distract the enemies for his teammates. If he runs into someone who actually can see him, he's picked up a surprising amount of stealth, and has been known to adopt very unorthodox costumes, such as the time he disguised himself as a vending machine when facing Tactile Lass during Sweeps week.
------The campaign had an option for operating at PL 9 with 165 pp. Here's a version that takes advantage of that to move the slap stick array to Devices, which makes him much more powerful in some ways.

Abilities: [52 pp]
STR 2 AGI 5 FGT 4 AWA 2 STA 8/2 DEX 5 INT 0 PRE 8
Advantages: [18 pp]
Close Attack 4, Daze (Deception), Hide in Plain Sight, Improvised Weapon 2, Power Attack, Redirect, Set-Up 2, Skill Mastery (Deception, Stealth), Throwing Mastery 4

Skills: [21 pp]
Acrobatics 5 (+10)
Athletics 2 (+4)
Close Combat [Slapstick Array] 5 (+9)
Deception 8 (+16)
Expertise (Clowning) 6 (+14) [assumed Presence-Based]
Insight 3 (+5)
Ranged Combat [thrown objects] 4 (+9)
Stealth 6 (+11)
Sleight of Hand 3 (+8)

Powers: [53 pp]
  • Unnoticeable (Concealment 10) [All Senses, Quirk: Shows up on recordings, Precise (can temporarily not conceal one sense at a time)] [20 pp]
  • Slapstick (Insidious, Subtle) [Variable Descriptor 2 (melee weapons), Detectable via DC 20 Perception check] [4 pp]
  • Clown Body [Enhanced Stamina 6, Enhanced Strength 2] [16 pp]
  • Slapstick Array [13 pp, Removeable (he's got the gags stashed in a Super-Science Utility Belt provided by the Network. Disarming him of one means he'll draw another, but mugging him while he's down or sundering it takes them all out)]
    • Banana Peel (Linked Affliction 9 / Strike 3) [Impaired / Prone, Limited Degree, Instant Recovery, Triggered 4 (2 each for 2 uses)]
    • Honking Big Mallet (Strike 6) [Strength-Based, Reach, Innate, Improved Critical 2]
    • Instant Makeover (Morph 2) [Attack, Narrow: Limited to a few identities chosen by the network at the beginning of filming]
    • Laughing Gas Lapel Flower (Affliction 9) [Fatigued / Exhausted, Contagious, Reach, Limited Degree]
    • Rubber Decoy (Illusion 3) [8 cubic feet, 4 senses (sight, hearing, touch, and smell), Limited to images of himself, Instant Recovery (after first physical interaction, auto-success against that decoy), Subtle (DC 20 for a Notice check before physically interacting), Innate, Independent]
    • Snare Loop (Affliction 9) [Hindered + Vulnerable / Defenseless + Immobile, Extra Condition, Limited Degree, Triggered]
    • Stinkbomb Whoopie Cushion (Affliction 9) [Dazed / Stunned, Limited Degree, Burst Area, Triggered]

Toughness: +8, Fortitude: +9/+4 [1 pp], Will: +9 [7 pp]
Dodge: +8 [3 pp]
Parry: +10 [6 pp]

Attacks: +5 for ranged, +8 for melee
General Ranged: +5
General Melee: +8
Thrown Cards: +9 [DC 23 Toughness]
Slapstick Array:
  • Whoopie Cushion (DC 19 Fortitude : Impaired/Disabled)
  • Honking Big Mallet +8 (DC 25 Toughness, 19-20 Crit)
  • Snare Loop (DC 19 Dodge : Hindered + Impeded/Defenseless + Immobile)
  • Banana Peel (DC 19 Dodge : Vulnerable/Prone | DC 18 Toughness)
  • Instant Makeover +9 (DC 12 Dodge)
  • Laughing Gas (DC 19 Will, Dazed/Stunned)

Abilities 56 + Advantages 18 + Skills 21 + Powers 53 + Defenses 17 = 165 pp / 165
------

Pratfall is a modified version that I submitted to Tattooedman's Mystic Troubleshooters game. The Concealment was dropped and I beefed his attacks up to actual powers. Also, the skills changed due to a house rule that non-combat skills cost 1 pp per 3 skill points. I like how he turned out, and I find myself wondering what would have happened if I'd gotten a chance to play him.

Pratfall - PL 10

Strength 4, Stamina 8, Agility 3, Dexterity 5, Fighting 10, Intellect 0, Awareness 2, Presence 6

Advantages
Daze (Deception), Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Critical 2: Honking Big Mallet: Strength-based Damage 6, Improvised Weapon 4, Power Attack, Redirect, Set-up, Teamwork, Skill Mastery: Deception, Skill Mastery: Stealth

Skills
Acrobatics 7 (+10), Athletics 3 (+7), Close Combat (Unarmed / Improvised Weapons) 2 (+12), Deception 10 (+16), Expertise (PRE): Clowning 8 (+14), Insight 6 (+8), Intimidation 4 (+10), Perception 6 (+8), Sleight of Hand 3 (+8), Stealth 10 (+13)

Powers
Immortality: Immortality 1 (Return after 2 weeks)
Regeneration: Regeneration 5 (Every 2 rounds)
Slapstick Array
. . Banana Peel
. . . . Affliction: Affliction 9 (Linked; 1st degree: Impaired, 2nd degree: Prone, Resisted by: Acrobatics, DC 19; Triggered 2: 2 uses - Physical Contact; Instant Recovery, Limited Degree)
. . . . Damage: Damage 4 (Linked; DC 19; Triggered 2: 2 uses - Physical Contact)
. . Honking Big Mallet: Strength-based Damage 6 (DC 25, Advantages: Improved Critical 2; Insidious, Reach (melee) 2: 10 ft.)
. . Laughing Gas Lapel Flower: Affliction 9 (1st degree: Fatigued, 2nd degree: Exhausted, Resisted by: Will, DC 19; Accurate: +2, Contagious, Insidious; Limited Degree)
. . Snare Loop: Affliction 10 (1st degree: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Defenseless and Immobilized, Resisted by: Dodge, overcome by Damage or Sleight of Hand, DC 20; Extra Condition, Triggered: 1 uses - Physical Contact; Limited Degree)
. . Stinkbomb Whoopie Cushion: Cloud Area Affliction 10 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 20; Cloud Area: 15 feet radius sphere, DC 20, Triggered: 2 uses - Physical Contact; Limited Degree)
Overcrank: Quickness 2 (Limited to Physical, 5x speed)
Slapstick: "Naked" Power 2 (Broad range; Insidious, Subtle: subtle, Notes: Applies to melee weapons) — Essentially, when Pratfall smashes a vase over someone's head, it doesn't seem like an attack. It doesn't feel like it hurts. It does. DC 20 Notice or Detect (Magic) to figure it out.

Offense
Initiative +3
Banana Peel: Affliction: Affliction 9, +10 (DC Acrobatics 19) / Damage: Damage 4, +10 (DC 19) — Kinetic / Bludgeonic
Grab, +10 (DC Spec 14)
Honking Big Mallet: Strength-based Damage 6, +10 (DC 25) — Kinetic / Bludgeoning
Instant Makeover: Morph Attack 2, +10 (DC Dodge 12) — Magic / Transformation
Laughing Gas Lapel Flower: Affliction 10, +10 (DC Will 20) — Magic / Chemical
Snare Loop: Affliction 10, +10 (DC Dodge 20) — Physical
Stinkbomb Whoopie Cushion: Cloud Area Affliction 10 (DC Fort 20) — Magic / Smelly
Throw, +5 (DC 19)
Unarmed, +12 (DC 19)
Improvised Weapon, +12 (DC 23)

Languages
English

Defense
Dodge 5 (+8), Parry +10, Fortitude 4 (+12), Toughness +8, Will 6 (+8)

Power Points
Abilities 76 + Powers 27 + Advantages 12 + Skills 20 (59 ranks) + Defenses 15 = 150

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Mutants & Masterminds, Third Edition is ©2010-2014 Green Ronin Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.

BACKGROUND
Paul Stubbs was your everyday wage slave with a wife and son until the fateful day of his son's 8th birthday party. His son loved clowns. A clown was arranged to appear at the birthday party. Said clown called at the last minute and said they couldn't make it. Paul remembered that, up in the attic, there was an old-fashioned clown outfit which he was fairly certain he'd inherited from one grandparent or the other, so he quickly went up and changed into it. That was the last day that Paul got to enjoy humanity. After the birthday, he reached up to pull off the nose... and found that it wouldn't budge. He didn't panic, at least not immediately, but he quickly learned that none of it came off. He was no longer wearing a costume. That was his skin. That was his hair. That was his nose. Even surgical intervention failed; when the round parts of the nose were sliced off, they healed almost as fast as the doctor could cut. Then, came the compulsions.

It started out as innocuous. Paul found himself compelled to jump out and startle his wife, to weave minor magic tricks and gags into every part of life. Then, one day, it struck him that it would be funny if he smashed that dinner plate over his wife's head. Action followed thought and, to his horror, she stood there, blood streaming down from her lacerated scalp, giggling over how silly he was being. That night, after bandaging her head, Paul wrote a note to his family, apologizing, and left them to search for a cure. After weeks of hiding from humanity and struggling to conquer his nature, he encountered Nathan Colt on the streets of Arcadia. As much as his new body's instincts struggled to surge up, he refused to fight and was soon at the mercy of Nathan, a glowing blade to his throat. Then, Nathan withdrew the blade and helped him up. That was when he learned his new true nature. What he had donned was not a costume, not even a cursed one, but rather the flayed skin of a demon. There was a reason why humanity had long feared clowns, and these demons were the source of those fears, luring children to their deaths. Paul was transformed, but not entirely. Somehow, his soul was still fighting the change. Under Nathan's tutelage, Paul learned to harness the powers of the demon and find ways to salve its bloodlust by channeling the aggression into fighting the minions of the Brimstone House, using the name of Pratfall.

COMPLICATIONS
  • Relationship (Nathan Colt) — Paul sees Nathan as a mentor and depends on him to provide guidance on how to deal with his condition.
  • History (Former life as Paul Stubbs) — Paul doesn't dare return to his wife and child yet, but he still cares for them, and hopes to one day return to them.
  • Prejudice (Clown) — Some people just really don't like clowns, and few people take them seriously.
  • Enemy (Brimstone House) — Paul is still a small blip on their radar, but they are aware of him. Flay, in particular, seems to hold a grudge.
  • Bloodlust — The demon inside yearns for blood and pain. When the bloodlust comes upon him, he gains a more fearsome aspect, but his actions remain seemingly innocuous to those not able to see past it to the truth.
  • Obsession (Clowning) — Whether it's the demonic nature, a method of coping, or simply hidden depths, Paul is constantly cracking jokes and attempting gags. It can really wear on a person around him.
------
Yes, the character is basically a heroic version of the as-yet-unreleased Eli Roth film, Clown. He wields a number of slapstick powers as well as the ability to grab random objects and smash them over a person's head without most people noticing anything wrong.

Yet another version of Pratfall was submitted for Bladewind's The Merge - Gestalt Syndrome game. He got in, and I was having fun with him, but I got into one of my funks and had to drop out of the game.

Pratfall - PL 9

Strength 4, Stamina 9, Agility 3, Dexterity 4, Fighting 9, Intellect 0, Awareness 2, Presence 5

Advantages
Daze (Deception), Improvised Weapon 3, Power Attack, Redirect, Skill Mastery: Deception, Takedown 2
Social Advantages: Fake Expert*, Fascinate (Expertise: Clowning), Set-up, Taunt, Teamwork

* (from Mecha and Manga) - You may have no idea what you’re doing, but other people don’t need to know that. You can make a Deception
check instead of using the chosen skill to fool fate itself that you know what you’re doing. For a number of rounds equal to your Presence modifier, the check seems to work as intended (if successful); you plug the leak in the cooling pipes, you get the malfunctioning spaceship moving again, or you activate the ancient relic that only descendants of Lord Badass can use. Even if you fail, if your check beat the Sense Motive check of any onlooker, they are convinced that you tried your best but the problem was out of your ability. You don’t actually achieve anything useful related to the skill you’re faking; the information you gain is not true, you only buy time to hopefully get out of the situation or for a real expert to solve the problem. Once the duration ends, the real situation reasserts itself, sometimes with calamitous consequences.

Skills
Acrobatics 7 (+10), Athletics 5 (+9), Close Combat: Unarmed/Improvised Weapons 2 (+11), Deception 10 (+15), Expertise (PRE): Clowning 6 (+11), Insight 6 (+8), Perception 6 (+8), Sleight of Hand 3 (+7), Stealth 5 (+8), Vehicles 1 (+5)

Powers
Ignore Gravity / Air Walk: Flight 1 (Speed: 4 miles/hour, 60 feet/round; Subtle: subtle; Quirk: prone condition causes you to fall)
. . Comedic Scramble: Speed 2 (Alternate; Speed: 8 miles/hour, 120 feet/round)
Feature 2 (Props, Dimensional Pocket): Pratfall can produce various props from his pockets at will, noisemakers and sight gags, at GM discretion. He can also store up to Mass Rank 1 (100 lbs) in miscellaneous objects in his pockets and retrieve them at will from said pockets or from another location with a successful Sleight of Hand
Overcrank: Quickness 2 (Limited to Physical, 5x speed)
Slapstick Array
. . Banana Peel (Linked Triggered Effect)
. . . . Trip: Affliction 9 (Linked; 1st degree: Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Prone, DC 19; Alternate Resistance (Acrobatics / Agility), Subtle: subtle, Triggered: 1 use - Walk over it (avoid with Acrobatics); Instant Recovery, Limited Degree)
. . . . ... and Fall: Damage 8 (Linked; DC 23; Subtle: subtle, Triggered: 1 use - Walk over it (avoid with Acrobatics); Resistible: Acrobatics / Agility)
. . Honking Big Mallet: Strength-based Damage 5 (DC 24; Dangerous 2, Insidious, Reach (melee) 2: 10 ft., Smashing)
. . Laughing Gas Lapel Flower: Affliction 9 (1st degree: Fatigued, 2nd degree: Exhausted, Resisted by: Will, DC 18; Contagious, Insidious, Reach (melee): 5 ft.; Limited Degree)
. . Mimed Objects: Create 9 (Volume: 500 cft., DC 19; Stationary, Subtle 2: invisible; Quirk: Always invisible - No Cover, Reduced Range: close)
Slapstick (Insidious, Subtle, Variable Descriptor 2: broad group - Improvised weapons / Unarmed) - Basically, it's the cartoon effect that the target may not realize they've been attacked and, even if they do realize it, they may not think it did anything. Mechanically, it's a DC 20 Perception or appropriate Detect for each.
Detect Merger (Tracking 2)

Offense
Initiative +3
Grab, +9 (DC Spec 14)
Throw, +4 (DC 19)
Unarmed, +11 (DC 19)
Improvised Weapons +11 (DC 21)
Honking Big Mallet: Strength-based Damage 5, +9 (DC 24)
Laughing Gas Lapel Flower: Affliction 8, +9 (DC Will 19)
Trip: Affliction 9, +9 (DC Acr 19)
... and Fall: Damage 8, +9 (DC Acr/Tou 23)

Languages
Native Language (English)

Defense
Dodge 9, Parry 9, Fortitude 11, Toughness 9, Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 72 + Powers 24 + Advantages 9 + Skills 17 (51 ranks) + Defenses 13 = 135

Background
Paul Stubbs was your everyday wage slave by day and a clown by night. Specifically, while his day job was as a minor faceless factotum in a large corporation, in his evenings, he donned the the greasepaint and moonlighted as a party clown named Pratfall in both Francisco, Bodega Bay (where he resided) and the surrounding area. On the day of The Merge, he felt little different at first... until that night, when he reached up to pull off the nose... and found that it wouldn't budge. He didn't panic, at least not immediately, but he quickly learned that none of it came off. He was no longer wearing a costume. That was his skin. That was his hair. That was his nose. His makeup and costume seem to be part of him and he's found the ability to pull items out of thin air. Moreover, something about his nature clouds the reactions of others. He can break a chair over a man's head and, unless people are looking closely, they don't even realize an attack was performed. Rather, it looks and feels like a harmless breakaway gag despite hitting with its full force.

He no longer works in an office. He's a full-time clown, gaining a reputation in his work with the relief efforts as displaced people and displaced geography adjusted to one another. Sometimes, a squeaky nose and a little seltzer down the pants was all that stood in the face of hysterical children and adults. His family has settled in Bay Shore, and Pratfall has found ample employment as people seem to have latched on to the familiar strangeness of clowns in the aftermath of this upheaval of their world. Thus far, he's simply using his ability to pull props out of nowhere to augment his regular party routine. But a part of him sings out to do something heroic... something funny in the name of justice.

Complications
  • Relationship (wife and son) — Paul has a wife and a son in college when he fell. They support his calling even if they don't quite understand it.
  • Prejudice (Clown) — Some people just really don't like clowns, and few people take them seriously. Since Paul can't change back anymore, he has little choice but to deal with how people react to his appearance. Complicating things, some of the known Mergers such as The Joker, Whiteface, and Great Clown Pagliacci have been besmirching the greasepaint. And that's not including rumors of something much darker, a demon known as Pennywise...
  • Obsession (Clowning) — Whether it's the some aspect of the empowering event, a method of coping, or simply hidden depths, Paul is constantly cracking jokes and attempting gags. It can really wear on a person around him.
  • Power Loss — Paul's powers sometimes desert him, particularly when he performs actions without a punchline.
Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at https://www.wolflair.com
Mutants & Masterminds, Third Edition is ©2010-2017 Green Ronin Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.
Last edited by FuzzyBoots on Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Ghost Whisperers

I've had three different builds of a character who could talk to ghosts, two for games that never materialized and then a success in My Velociraptor Ate My Homework, a game about a school for children with superpowers, or who were related to superpowered individuals.
------

First is Lyle Mirra. He was built for White Sands, Dark Nights, a proposed 2E paranormal game involving largely normal people getting mixed up in the paranatural, less Cthulhu and more Ghost Hunters. He's not combat optimized, but he's a decent shot with a pistol and he has tremendous information-gathering capability.

Lyle Mirra

Power Level: 6; Power Points Spent: 90/90

STR: +0 (10), DEX: +1 (12), CON: +0 (10), INT: +4 (18), WIS: +3 (16), CHA: +3 (16)

Tough: +0/+4, Fort: +2, Ref: +5/+2, Will: +6

Skills: Bluff 5 (+8), Concentration 6 (+9), Diplomacy 4 (+7), Gather Information 9 (+12), Knowledge (arcane Lore) 1 (+5), Knowledge (behavioral science) 8 (+12), Knowledge (current events) 6 (+10), Knowledge (history) 8 (+12), Knowledge (popular culture) 2 (+6), Knowledge (theology & philosophy) 2 (+6), Language 2 (+2), Notice 6 (+9), Search 5 (+9), Sense Motive 8 (+11)

Feats: Attack Focus (ranged) 3, Attack Specialization (Guns), Beginner's Luck, Benefit (common sense), Benefit (Unlimited public transit), Challenge - Discrete Inquiry, Connected, Conspiracy Theorist 3, Defensive Roll 3, Dodge Focus 3/1, Equipment 3, Evasion 1, Improved Initiative 2/1, Light Sleeper, Luck, Uncanny Dodge (Hearing), Well-Informed

Powers:
Enhanced Trait 1 (Feats: Benefit (Unlimited public transit))
Comprehend 1 (spirits) [2 pp]
Super-Senses 2 (counters concealment: Visual; Limited (Limited to Spirits)) [1 pp]
Can Wrestle Ghosts Ineptly (Strength-modifier: Affects Insubstantial 2 (Limited to Spirits)) [1 pp]
Ghost Advice (Enhanced Trait 12) (Feats: Beginner's Luck, Connected, Dodge Focus 2, Evasion 1, Improved Initiative, Uncanny Dodge (Hearing), Reflex +3, Attack +1) [12 pp]

Equipment: Bus card [Enhanced Trait 1, Feats: Benefit (Unlimited public transit)], Camera, Cell Phone, Digital Audio Recorder, Flashlight, Leather Jacket, Light Pistol, Bicycle (Speed 1, Off-Road Capability, Collapsible)

Attack Bonus: +2/+1 (Ranged: +5/+4, Melee: +2/+1, Grapple: +2/+1)

Attacks: Light Pistol, +7/+6 (DC 18), Unarmed Attack, +2/+1 (DC 15)

Defense: +6 (Flat-footed: +2), Knockback: -2

Initiative: +9/+5

Languages: English, Latin, Spanish

Totals: Abilities 22 + Skills 18 (72 ranks) + Feats 20 + Powers 16 + Combat 8 + Saves 6 + Drawbacks 0 = 90

Background
Lyle knew he was in trouble when he saw the man in the bowler hat. Worse, the man with the bowler hat saw that Lyle saw him. That was the beginning of the end. Lyle had been studying psychology prior to that point, and he found that he was going to be able to continue using those skills. Thing is, he expected to be using them on the living. Lyle can see and hear ghosts. Lyle does not necessarily want to be able to see and hear ghosts, partly since most ghosts have been starved for years for attention, but moreso because not all spirits are benign. There are some out there who would love to make a meal of a promising young mystic, and Lyle will do as an hors d'oeuvre.

In order to survive, Lyle has trained his mind and, to a lesser degree, his body. Never one for physical confrontation, he's largely done his best to be a good runner, and to spot trouble before it spots him. He's picked up a very eclectic variety of knowledge, and is good at bringing bits together to gain new insights. He's a decent shot, can physically manhandle ghosts (fortunately, most of them have completely forgotten how to use their physical abilities), and gets running commentary from ghosts around him on everything from obscure facts to warnings of danger. Between those skills and a healthy dose of paranoia, he's survived, and even makes a decent living helping to clear out hauntings by convincing ghosts to move on, a task which largely consists of sitting down and talking to them.

Most recently, he's arrived in White Sands, a community which sports far too many ghosts for its populace, many of them very angry ghosts...

Complications
  • Reputation — Lyle is known among the spirit community and, all too often, he is sought out, whether he likes it or not. He also has a bit of reputation among the living for exorcising homes of ghosts, albeit a fairly low-key one. The latter is partly by choice and partly because his methodology lacks a lot of the flash that others use; he basically sits there and talks the ghosts into resolving their problems.
  • Coward — Lyle is not a brave person in the least.
  • Obligations — Lyle owes favors to members of the spirit community. The favors have been traded and he's lost track of who owns them. They may get called in.
  • Distracted — Lyle is easily distracted, the legacy of seeing a lot of things no one else has to deal with seeing. He can't turn his Sight off, and sometimes he won't see or hear something because there's a ghost in the way.
  • Power Loss — Lyle's "Ghost Advice" powers are dependent on communicating with the constant background noise of ghosts around in. Sometimes, the ghosts just aren't there, or aren't interested in relaying information.
Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Mutants & Masterminds, Second Edition is ©2005-2014 Green Ronin Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.
------

Next was Joshua "Binder" Lopez, a more criminal version built for another flopped game, this time 3E, The Freedom City Job.

Part of the concept of the game was that every member of the group had a "Secret Motivation" for why they were doing it. My intent on his was that he was, himself, a ghost, the result of a patient interaction gone bad. With Extra Effort, I would have stunted Insubstantial and the like. The name is a mild in-joke. I was trying to think of a good "supervillain" name and I'd just read the latest Dresden Files book, Skin Game, which has a character named Binder that summons spirits of a sort. I have a friend named Joshua Lopez-Binder, so sticking the superhero name in the middle tickled my fancy. Joshua is not a heavy hitter — he's under caps, for the most part — but he's competent. I debated the Summon power except that there was no real guarantee that Ghosts would be present in the world, plus there's a chance that he can provide more of an impact on the plot if he can summon a reasonable threat via the ghosts (although said threat is a bit iffy given core ghostly powers take up about 50 of the possible 90 pp).

Joshua "Binder" Lopez

ABILITIES
STR 2 AGI 1 FGT 1 AWA 2 STA 1 DEX 2 INT 3 PRE 2
ADVANTAGES
Defensive Roll 1, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 2, Ranged Attack 2

With Ghostly Feedback: Beginner's Luck, Defensive Roll 3 (+2), Evasion, Ranged Attack 4 (+2), Uncanny Dodge, Well-Informed

SKILLS
Expertise (Psychologist) 4 (+7)
Expertise (Streetwise) 2 (+5)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 1 (+3)
Perception 5 (+7)
Persuasion 6 (+8)
Ranged Combat (Pistols) 4 (+6)

POWERS
  • Can Touch Ghosts - Affects Insubstantial 2 (Limited to Ghosts, Narrow Variable Descriptor - handheld weapons/bare hands) [2 pp]
  • Comprehend (Spirits) [2 pp]
  • Ghostly Feedback - Enhanced Traits [8 pp]
    • Beginner's Luck
    • Defensive Roll +2
    • Evasion
    • Ranged Attack +2
    • Uncanny Dodge
    • Well-Informed
  • Sense Spirits - Senses 5 (Counters Concealment [all], Limited [Ghosts]) [3 pp]
  • Summon Spirit - Summon 6 (Heroic, Mental Link, Narrow Type (Ghosts), Attitude: Indifferent) [25 pp]
  • See Through Spirits - Remote Sensing 3 (All Sense Types, Range: 250 feet, Medium (Spirits), Subtle) [13 pp]
EQUIPMENT
Heavy Pistol (Blast 4)
Undercover Shirt (+2 Toughness)

DEFENSES
Dodge: 7 (+8) [+10 vs. Area Attacks]
Parry: 3 (+4)
Fortitude: 4 (+5)
Toughness: 1 (+6)
Will: 7 (+9)

COMBAT
Melee: +1
Ranged: +6
Initiative: +1
* Heavy Pistol: +12 (DC 19 Toughness)
* Unarmed Attack: +1 (DC 16 Toughness)

BACKGROUND
Joshua was a therapist in Freedom City, specializing in counseling people through divorce cases. Truth be told, he wasn't great at his job. He was smart enough, and he studied hard, but he just didn't have that knack for understanding people that was necessary for really helping people with their problems. Then, one day, his eyes were opened. He stepped out of his office, tired, and swerved out of the way of a slightly translucent fellow with a mumbled excuse before double-taking and turning. Ghosts. Hundreds of ghosts roamed the streets of Freedom City from every era and time. The first thing that Joshua did was to go home and have several strong drinks. Then, the next day, he tried to go back to work. The problem was, the ghosts started to figure out that he knew about them. They began to pester him at all hours of the day, asking him to help resolve their problems.

It didn't take long before he had to close his practice. He couldn't concentrate past the ghosts. Then, one day, he snapped and punched one. Much to his and the ghost's surprise, his fist made solid contact. It wasn't a strong hit, but the ghost had grown disused to being touched, and had no way to retaliate, and retreated rapidly. Word must have quickly spread on the spiritual realm that Joshua was no longer a chump because the requests for help went down to a trickle. Unfortunately, Joshua's reputation in the physical world was already pretty much ruined as too many people knew him as the psychologist who talked to thin air. And so, he turned to a life of crime. Well, not right away... he tried to make money by locating lost caches of money, bringing comfort to the forlorn, and so on, but it just didn't quite work out. Most caches of hidden money got found pretty quickly and the con artists playing spiritualist were better at consoling those with lost loved ones than Joshua. But ghosts get just about everywhere and there was a market for information on things like the combination of a security system or the layout of a vault. Initially, he just got information for others, but he eventually became more bold, and started doing his own retrieval missions, training in the off-time with a former Marshal from Freedom City's early days of cattle drives until he got pretty good with a gun.

Now, he's heard about a big job... one which might help him with his primary concern...

COMPLICATIONS
  • Reputation — Joshua is known among the spirit community and, all too often, he is sought out, whether he likes it or not. He also has a bit of reputation among the living for exorcising homes of ghosts, albeit a fairly low-key one. The latter is partly by choice and partly because his methodology lacks a lot of the flash that others use; he basically sits there and talks the ghosts into resolving their problems.
  • Reputation — In the psychology world, Joshua is known as a bit of a nutcase.
  • Obligations — Joshua owes favors to members of the spirit community. The favors have been traded and he's lost track of who owns them. They may get called in.
  • Distracted — Joshua is easily distracted, the legacy of seeing a lot of things no one else has to deal with seeing. He can't turn his Sight off, and sometimes he won't see or hear something because there's a ghost in the way.
  • Power Loss — Joshua's "Ghostly Feedback" powers are dependent on communicating with the constant background noise of ghosts around in. Sometimes, the ghosts just aren't there, or aren't interested in relaying information.
  • Secret — Joshua has a secret motivation for wanting a big score...
Abilities 28 + Skills 12 + Powers 53 + Advantages 6 + Defenses 21 = 120 pp
------

Lastly, Joshua got a new life as a middle-schooler in My Velociraptor Ate My Homework. He went through several iterations of design, including adding then removing the gun, and changing his interests more toward history than psychology.

Joshua Lopez

ABILITIES
STR -1 AGI 1 FGT 0 AWA 3/2 STA 1 DEX 2 INT 5/3 PRE 2/1

Height: 4'3" Weight: 89 lbs Hair: Brown, usually combed. Eyes: Brown

ADVANTAGES
Conspiracy Theorist 2 (on a roll of 19 or 20 on an Expertise check or Investigate, can immediately reroll on a skill of the GM's choice for additional information), Defensive Roll 1, Equipment 1, Luck, Ranged Attack 1, Second Chance (History check), Teamwork

With Ghostly Feedback: Benefit (Common Sense), Beginner's Luck, Defensive Roll 4 (+3), Eidetic Memory, Evasion, Ranged Attack 3 (+2), Uncanny Dodge, Well-Informed

SKILLS
Expertise (History) 4 (+9/+7)
Expertise (Local Events) 2 (+7/+5)
Expertise (Toys) 2 (+7/+5)
Insight 4 (+7/+6)
Intimidation 1 (+3/+2)
Investigate 2 (+7/+5)
Perception 5 (+8/+7)
Persuasion 4 (+6/+5)

POWERS
  • Can Touch Ghosts - Affects Insubstantial 2 (Limited to Ghosts, Narrow Variable Descriptor - handheld weapons/bare hands) [2 pp]
  • Comprehend (Spirits) 2 [4 pp] - Allows both direct communication and psychic mediumship.
  • Ghostly Feedback - Enhanced Traits [21 pp]
    • Awareness +1
    • Benefit (Common Sense) - When about to do something really dumb, gets a Will check to realize it aforehand
    • Beginner's Luck
    • Defensive Roll +3
    • Dodge +1
    • Eidetic Memory
    • Evasion
    • Intellect +2
    • Parry +1
    • Presence +1
    • Ranged Attack +2
    • Uncanny Dodge
    • Well-Informed
  • Sense Spirits - Senses 2 (Counters Concealment [Visual, Ghosts]) [2 pp]
  • Receive History Lesson - Senses 4 (Postcognition) [4 pp]
  • Early Warning - Senses 1 (Danger Sense [Sight]) [1 pp]
EQUIPMENT
  • Hobby Toolkit [1 EP]
  • Bicycle (Speed 1, Off-road capability) [2 EP]
  • Smartphone [2 EP]
DEFENSES
Dodge: 3 (+5/+4) [+7/+6 vs. Area Attacks]
Parry: 2 (+3/+2)
Fortitude: 1 (+2)
Toughness: 0 (+5/+4/+1)
Will: 5 (+8/+7)

COMBAT
Melee: +0
Ranged: +5/+4
  • Unarmed Attack: +0 (DC 14 Toughness)
BACKGROUND
Joshua had a decent life. He was a lackluster student, bright but uninspired. He had some friends. Then, he saw his first ghost. There had been reports that a girl at school, Marcia Stout, had committed suicide, but Joshua kept seeing her around the school, so he figured that the rumor mill was just out of whack. One day, he literally ran into her in the hall. He reached down to pick her up and she recoiled, yelling something about how he wasn't supposed to see her. He reflexively looked around to see who might have noticed the outburst, but no one seemed to have reacted. When he looked back, Marcia was gone. The next time he saw her, she was watching him warily from the edges of the campus and wouldn't let him get near. He'd also learned that she had been buried the past week. Joshua quickly learned that there were many ghosts wandering the streets of his town, people who had died and something had kept them from moving on. Some are very nice people who're desperately lonely for having had no one to talk to for decades. Others, well, there's a certain sort of person that clings to this world because they're afraid of the afterlife.

Joshua tried to keep his newfound ability unknown, only talking to the spirits when he thought he was alone, and trying to avoid relying on the ghosts too much for the constant stream of advice and information he received from some of the more chatty ones, but he slipped a few times. People figured out his abilities, both those involved in the spirit community and outside of it, and Joshua found himself forced into figuring out how to best use his abilities without making himself vulnerable. Eventually, he came clean to his parents and they sent him to Vaughan Academy, where they're hoping he can learn to best use his talents.

Personality wise, he comes off as a bit wise beyond his years, the result of frequently holding conversations with the ghosts. They've also hammered into him a lot of mildly old-fashioned etiquette. Outside of ghosts, he's a big fan of model kits, and has been known to make use of his network of ghost friends to scout out new ones.

COMPLICATIONS
  • Affiliation — Joshua is a Roman Catholic, albeit one who has yet to be Confirmed as an adult (he's more than a bit conflicted about his ability to speak with the dead and what it might say about the afterlife).
  • Distracted — Joshua is easily distracted, the legacy of seeing a lot of things no one else has to deal with seeing. He can't turn his Sight off, and sometimes he won't see or hear something because there's a ghost in the way.
  • Power Loss — Joshua's "Ghostly Feedback", "Early Warning", and "History Lesson" powers are dependent on communicating with the constant background noise of ghosts around him. Sometimes, the ghosts just aren't there, or aren't interested in relaying information.
  • Prejudice — Joshua's trafficking with deceased spirits draws the ire of some.
  • Relationship — Joshua has a family including a father, a mother, and two older sisters. He gets along with them, although his mother is uncomfortable with the idea of her child consorting with the spirits of the dead. He definitely has not told her that her father, among the people she "knows" to be in Heaven, is one of the ghosts he speaks with.
  • Reputation — Joshua is somewhat known among the spirit community and he is sometimes sought out, whether he likes it or not, for helping exorcise areas of ghosts. His methodology lacks a lot of the flash that others use; he basically sits there and talks the ghosts into resolving their problems.
  • Reputation — Among his peers in the school, Joshua is considered more than a bit odd, talking to people no one else can see, and a bit of a nerd with his tendency to sprinkle random facts, particularly historical facts, into the conversation. The teachers are also a little leery of him, since they're still figuring out measures to ensure that he can't cheat on tests by getting advice.
Abilities 18 + Skills 12 + Powers 34 + Advantages 8 + Defenses 11 = 83 pp
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Re: Builds of FuzzyBoots

Another build for the new boards, Cloacina, a sewer worker empowered by an obscure Roman goddess of sewers and menstruation (yes, they were linked for the Romans), was submitted for another failed game, The Mythic World. His powers were partially based off of a character in Mur Laffertty's Playing For Keeps who had the superpower of being able to exude blasts of excrement from his hands.
------
Cloacina

Power Level: 10; Power Points Spent: 150/150

STR: +2 (14), DEX: +1 (12), CON: +6 (12/22), INT: +1 (12), WIS: +4 (12/18), CHA: +0 (10)

Tough: +6/+7, Fort: +12, Ref: +7, Will: +7

Skills: Bluff 5 (+5), Climb 2 (+4), Computers 2 (+3), Concentration 2 (+6/+12), Disable Device 8 (+9), Navigate 5 (+6), Notice 7 (+11), Profession (Sanitation) 8 (+12/+18), Search 9 (+10), Sense Motive 5 (+9), Stealth 3 (+4), Survival 4 (+8), Swim 4 (+6)

Feats: Attack Focus (ranged) 4, Attack Specialization 2 (Sewer Blast (Linked)), Benefit (common sense), Defensive Roll, Dodge Focus 3, Endurance (+4), Equipment 1, Hardy, Iron Stomach

Powers:
Can induce menstruation in any female (Features 1)
Divine Mantle (Enhanced Trait 27) (Traits: Constitution +10 (22, +6), Wisdom +6 (18, +4), Concentration +6 (+12), Profession (Sanitation) +6 (+18), Attack Bonus +3 (+4), Dodge Focus 3 +2 (+3))
Sewer Array 20
. . Sewer Blast (Linked)
. . . . Blast 8 (Linked; DC 23)
. . . . Nauseate 8 (Linked; DC 18; Range (ranged))
. . Smelly Pile (Create Object 10) (Alternate; Max Size: 10x 5' cubes, DC 20; Duration (continuous), Movable (Radius: 50 ft., Strength: 50, Force: 12.8 tons))
. . Dazzle 8 (Alternate; affects: 1 type + visual - smell and visual, DC 18; Duration 2 (sustained))
. . Pressurized Blast (Climbing Kick 8) (Alternate; DC 23; Range (ranged); Improved Range (200 ft. incr), Indirect 3 (any point, any direction))
. . Teleport 11 (Alternate; 1100 ft. as move action, 2 million miles as full action; Portal; Medium (Sewers); Change Direction, Change Velocity, Easy, Progression, Mass 4 (carry 2500 lbs))
Super-Senses 10 (accurate: Detect (Sewers), acute: Detect (Sewers), analytical: Detect (Sewers), detect: Sewers 2 (ranged), direction sense, extended: Detect (Sewers) 2 (-1 per 1k ft), radius: Detect (Sewers))

Equipment: First Aid Kit, Flashlight, HAZMAT Suit, PDA, Toolkit (Basic)

Attack Bonus: +1/+4 (Ranged: +5/+8, Melee: +1/+4, Grapple: +3/+6)

Attacks: Blast 8, +12 (DC 23), Dazzle 8, +12 (DC Fort/Ref 18), Nauseate 8, +12 (DC Fort/Staged 18), Pressurized Blast (Climbing Kick 8), +12 (DC Stability +8/Tou 23), Unarmed Attack, +4 (DC 17)

Defense: +8 (Flat-footed: +3), Knockback: -3

Languages: English

Totals: Abilities 12 + Skills 16 (64 ranks) + Feats 13 + Powers 82 + Combat 12 + Saves 15 + Drawbacks 0 = 150

BACKGROUND
Reggie Granger was your average sewer worker. Unseen by most of the public, yet vital to their continued existence, he kept the pipes running. Then, one day, in the midst of a tricky repair, he was visited by a goddess. Cloacina, Roman goddess of the sewers, had gained the opportunity to endow one worthy worshiper. Lacking proper worshipers, she instead chose a man who seemed to embody her ideals, a man of the soil, the night soil specifically. Reggie, for his part, isn't sure what to make of the situation. He can now transport himself instantaneously from one drain to the next. He can summon large amounts of excrement, often at great pressure. And he can... induce menstruation? The last was a great puzzle to him until he did more research and learned that this too was under the duties of Cloacina.

COMPLICATIONS
* Responsibility - Reggie is still employed by the city. His abilities have made transportation between locations easy, but none of his other abilities seem to directly lend themselves to it.
* Responsibility - So far, Cloacina has demanded nothing for her gifts. That might yet change...
* Prejudice - It's really hard to wash all of the smell off despite his suit. Reggie has been barred from more bars than most brawlers.

Mutants & Masterminds, Second Edition is ©2005-2014 Green Ronin Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I know... pretty pitiful that I haven't ported more of the builds over. But here is "Stretch" Armstrong, submitted to Heroes Without Borders. The challenge involved taking one of Horsenhero's pictures and building a character to match it. I immediately latched onto this guy's foreshortened arms, and found myself thinking of a shapechanger, initially thinking action figures with Shrinking, then moving towards a stretcher with Elongation, then sort of molding the two. He started out as a Quickstart Generator character and then I modified a few things.

Arnold "Stretch" Armstrong

ABILITIES
STR 2 AGI 2 FGT 2 AWA 1 STA 2 DEX 0 INT 7 PRE 0
ADVANTAGES
Close Combat 4, Defensive Roll 3, Inventor, Move-by Action, Skill Mastery (Technology)
From powers: Accurate Attack, Chokehold, Close Attack 6, Evasion, Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Improvised Tools, Interpose, Power Attack, Precise Attack 2 (Close, Cover/Concealment), Takedown 2

SKILLS
Athletics 3 (+5)
Expertise (Scientist) 6 (+13)
Persuasion 3 (+3)
Technology 12 (+19)

POWERS
  • Springy Fists — Strength-based Damage 6 [6 pp]
  • Elongation Array (22 pp, 4 dynamic powers) [29 pp] (Default Allocation of Elongation 6, Movement 6, Speed 4)
    • Elongation 6 (500 feet)
    • Morph 2 (Humanoid Forms) [Distracting]
    • Movement 6 (Environmental Adaptation - Tight Spaces, Safe Fall, Slithering, Sure-footed, Swinging, Wall-crawling)
    • Speed 4 (30 MPH)
  • Enhanced Advantages 14 (Accurate Attack, Chokehold, Close Attack 6, Evasion, Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Interpose, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Close, Cover), Takedown 2) [18 pp]
  • Impervious Toughness 8 (Limited—Physical Damage) [4 pp]
  • Insubstantial 1 (Liquid) [Precise] [6 pp]
  • Protection 7 [7 pp]
DEFENSES
Dodge: 6 (+8) [+10 vs. Area Attacks]
Parry: 6 (+8)
Toughness: 0 (+12/+9/+5/+2) Combined / Vulnerable / No powers / No powers and Vulnerable
Fortitude: 7 (+9)
Will: 6 (+7)

COMBAT
Melee: +12
Ranged: +0
Initiative: +2
  • Springy Fists: +12 (DC 23 Toughness)
  • Grab: +12 (DC 18)
  • Unarmed: +12 (DC 17)
Abilities 32 + Skills 12 + Powers 71 + Advantages 10 + Defenses 25 = 150 pp

Background
Arnold Kelvin Armstrong Jr was, at the time of his accident, an up and coming scientist with DuPont Chemical specializing in polymers. An arrogant man when it came to his field, he had few friends, but he was brilliant in his field, and he was close to finishing a prototype design that generated coherent fields of buckytubes. Not only that, but he had found a way to change the shape and volume of the buckytubes without changing their density through application of tuned electric fields, effectively raising and lowering their mass to seemingly create material from nowhere. This could have been a breakthrough for the ages. He was a rising star, at least until the accident.

No one is entirely certain what happened that night. Some stories have industrial saboteurs attacking Armstrong, throwing him across the room and into his machine. Others posit that Armstrong took his experimentation too far and overloaded the machine. Still others claim that the aliens who gifted Armstrong with the technology arrived and punished him for the hubris of claiming to have invented it. Whatever the true story, when the lab personnel came in the next day, they found a transformed Armstrong lying next to his shattered machine, and it seemed to have imbued him with its powers. He could stretch his body to great lengths, mold his features, even reduce himself down to the diameter of a piece of string to move through small holes. And his durability was impressive, able to bounce attacks up to small arms fire. Due to the combination of his new abilities and his surname, he quickly gained the nickname of "Stretch" Armstrong, named after the doll popular in the 80s.

Being an arrogant but brilliant scientist before his transformation, Armstrong decided to make the transition to being a famous and brilliant, albeit still arrogant, celebrity. He quit his job at DuPont and went off to become a famous superhero. Much to his chagrin, there were many people out there with powers, and his empowerment did not bestow any sort of public speaking skills, but he still did his best to carve out a niche, signing on with the Super Hero Network to appear on their show. Sure, he only got the job after agreeing to help them maintain their equipment, but it was still a form of fame, out in front of the cameras. They've also licensed the Stretch Armstrong trademark from Kenner toys, allowing Armstrong to use it as his chosen appellation.

Complications
  • Addiction (Fame) — Armstrong has finally made his way to his rightful place, viewed by tens of thousands — maybe hundreds of thousands — on SHN. He'll do whatever is necessary to ensure that the camera stays on him.
  • Motivation (Arrogance) — Armstrong is used to being the smartest person in the room. The competition is a lot stiffer now, but he still strives to maintain that position. When he's not doing superhero work, or working on SHN's equipment, he's tinkering in their workshop. That's not to say that he can't work on a team. He's just happier when he's the one coming up with the ideas... or at least thinks he is.
  • Obligation — Armstrong is under contract with SHN, so he has to do jobs for them, in addition to occasionally being called in to ensure that their mobile camera pods are in working order.
  • Power Loss / Weakness — The buckytube material that Armstrong's body is now composed of still reacts to electrical fields, albeit less predictably than his prototype. Sometimes, it can disable his powers. Sometimes it causes them to go out of control. Needless to say, Armstrong tries to avoid being booked to fight any electricity-based villains.
  • Secret — Armstrong invented the device to extrude the buckytube material. DuPont has received plans for it from him. Except, when others have built it, it can be reshaped through fields, but the density decreases with increased volume and Armstrong has refused to disclose the trick. The thing is... he didn't do that. He built the machine, designed the reshaping through electrical fields, but that weird fold in space-time was a complete accident, and even Armstrong's own attempts to replicate it have failed.
  • Secret — Armstrong also doesn't know exactly how he was empowered. He'd finished up the evening having had a few too many Red Bulls in an effort to reach his peak of creative genius, and was feeling jittery, so he swiped some unlabeled pills from a co-worker. They interacted badly with the energy drink and his memories of the night are hazy until he woke up the next morning.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Sovena Red

Originally submitted to Heroes of the Motherland, an adaptation of the heroine of Once Upon a Caper

Sovena Red

Hair: Blonde, long, straight Eyes: Blue

STR: +12 (34), DEX: +0 (10), CON: +13 (36), INT: +0 (10), WIS: +1 (12), CHA: +3 (16)

Tough: +13 (+8 Impervious), Fort: +13, Ref: +4, Will: +7

Skills: Acrobatics 2 (+2), Bluff 5 (+8), Concentration 4 (+5), Diplomacy 8 (+11), Intimidate 2 (+5), Notice 6 (+7), Search 5 (+5), Sense Motive 4 (+5)

Feats: All-Out Attack, Attack Focus (melee) 3, Attack Specialization (Unarmed Attack), Benefit (Fame) 2, Beautiful Voice (Diplomacy)*, Connected, Eidetic Memory, Interpose, Move-by Action, Takedown Attack
(*) Beautiful Voice (Source: Mecha and Manga) Your voice has a soothing quality that puts others at ease. Choose Diplomacy or a vocal Perform skill when acquiring this feat. You are subject to the normal guidelines for interaction skills, but you can use this feat during combat. Take a standard action and make an interaction skill check against your target's opposing check (the same skill, Sense Motive, or Will save, whichever has the highest bonus). If you succeed, the target becomes amenable to talk things out rather than fight.

Powers:
Flight 5 (Speed: 250 mph, 2200 ft./rnd)
Immunity 1 (aging)
Immunity 9 (life support)
Impervious Toughness 13
Super-Strength 6 (+30 STR carry capacity, heavy load: 89.6 tons; +6 STR to some checks)

Attack Bonus: +3 (Ranged: +3, Melee: +6, Grapple: +18/+24)

Attacks: Unarmed Attack, +8 (DC 27)

Defense: +7 (Flat-footed: +4), Knockback: -13

Initiative: +0

Languages: Native Language

Totals: Abilities 58 + Skills 9 (36 ranks) + Feats 13 + Powers 40 + Combat 20 + Saves 10 + Drawbacks 0 = 150

Mutants & Masterminds, Second Edition is ©2005-2015 Green Ronin Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.

Background
Sovena was a perfectly normal girl, born in 1921 in Rostov-on-Don, her father a factory-worker and her taking in laundry at home. Then one day, on her 11th birthday, she cut into her fruit pie, her father having secured her favorite of cherries on the black market, and there was a bright flash of light. When Sovena's parents blinked away the after-images, they found Sovena still sitting at the table, her eyes wide, staring at where she'd accidentally punched the knife completely through the thick oak table. Sovena's father, Sasha, was a loyal party member, so he promptly reported Sovena's newfound abilities of great strength, flight, and near-invulnerability to government officials. Sovena was immediately pulled away from her home and groomed to become an icon for the Communist movement.

Now, ten years later, Sovena has proven to be close to immortal, having not aged since that day, and her powers remaining more or less static. She enjoys being in the public limelight as much as she enjoys a good scrap, but she's starting to tire of always being underestimated for her appearance and her naturally cheerful disposition is starting to show cracks as she's forced to face the horrors of war, especially seeing the effects of the war on people who don't have super-powers.

Complications
  • Prejudice (Appearance) - Sovena is almost 20, but still has the body of a young girl. This is supremely frustrating to her, particularly as people often don't take her seriously as a result.
  • Affiliation (Communism) - Sovena believes strongly in the Party and the role that it will play in elevating the common people. She's a bit blind to its faults and doesn't take well to those who criticize it.
  • Immature - Whether it's an ingrained personality trait or a side-effect of her unchanging body, Sovena is still, in many ways, an 11-year-old girl. She will sometimes go into sulks or become enamored with a recent fad in fashion.
  • Family Ties - One of the ways that the Party has kept Sovena in line is by reminding her that her parents still depend on her, that without her, all sorts of things might happen... (since they still live in an apartment building in Rostov-on-Don, depending on the timeline, the Battle of Rostov may have a particular effect on her)
  • Unknown Power Source - Thus far, no one knows why Sovena has the powers that she does. As a result, she may have vulnerabilities or other complications that she is unaware of.
------
It's a fairly standard Paragon build. The Eidetic Memory doesn't have a major effect due to her average-for-an-adult Intelligence. I added the Beautiful Voice feat because I liked the idea that she often at least tries to talk things out. I shifted her birthdate out from her canonical version so that she had some degree of the "unaging" angst at the time of World War II.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Mystic

Built for a player confused by 2E, a modified version of the Mystic archetype that relies a bit more heavily on implements.

Mystic

STR: +0 (10), DEX: +1 (12), CON: +5 (14/20), INT: +5 (20), WIS: +5 (20), CHA: +4 (18)

Tough: +5/+12, Fort: +5, Ref: +6, Will: +13

Skills: Bluff 5 (+9), Concentration 10 (+15), Craft (artistic) 2 (+7/+15), Gather Information 2 (+6), Intimidate 4 (+8), Knowledge (arcane Lore) 4 (+9/+17), Knowledge (technology) 2 (+7/+15), Language 3 (+3), Notice 5 (+10), Search 5 (+10), Sleight of Hand 8 (+9)

Feats: Artificer, Contacts, Dodge Focus 3, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 3, Luck 2 - restricted to Ritualist / Artificer checks, Quick Change (from regular clothes to wizard costume and back), Ritualist, Ultimate Effort (Ritualist / Artificer checks)

Powers:
Magic 13 (Primary power of Mystic Arrows)
. . Deflect 7 (Alternate; deflects: all ranged attacks) / Impervious Toughness 12 (Alternate; Power Loss (Requires Staff))
. . Concealment 10 (Alternate; all senses) (Power Loss (Requires Staff))
. . Insubstantial 4 (Alternate; Incorporeal) (Power Loss (Requires Staff))
. . ESP 6 (Alternate; affects: 2 types, inc. visual - vision and hearing) / Super-Senses 9 (Alternate; blindsight: Awareness (Magic), danger sense: Hearing, darkvision, detect: Magic (Ranged)) (Power Loss (Requires Orb))
. . Fatigue 12 (Alternate; DC 22; Accurate 2 (+4), Sedation; Power Loss (Requires wand))
. . Fireball (Blast 9) (Alternate; DC 24; Burst Area (45 ft. radius); Power Loss (Requires wand))
. . Hold Person (Paralyze 12) (Alternate; DC 22; Accurate 2 (+4), Reversible; Power Loss (Requires wand))
. . Mystic Arrows (Blast 12) (Default; DC 27; Accurate 2 (+4), Homing (1 attempt); Power Loss (Requires wand))
. . Snare 12 (Alternate; DC 22; Accurate 2 (+4), Affects Insubstantial (half ranks); Power Loss (Requires wand))
Magic Book (Device 2) (Hard to lose)
. . Enhanced Trait 10 (Traits: Knowledge (arcane Lore) +8 (+17), Knowledge (technology) +8 (+15), Craft (artistic) +8 (+15), Feats: Artificer, Luck 2 - restricted to Ritualist / Artificer checks, Ritualist, Ultimate Effort (Ritualist / Artificer checks))
Mystic Boots (Device 2) (Hard to lose)
. . Super-Movement 5 (air walking 2 (full speed), slow fall, sure-footed 1 (25% penalty reduction), trackless)
Mystic Cloak (Device 3) (Hard to lose)
. . Enhanced Trait 6 (Traits: Constitution +6 (20, +5))
. . Flight 1 (Speed: 10 mph, 88 ft./rnd)
. . Force Field 7 (+7 Toughness)
Super-Senses 1 (awareness: Magic (Mental))

Equipment: HQ: Sanctum Sanctorum, Toolkit (Basic), Wizarding Tools (Wand, Staff, Orb) 3

HQ: Sanctum Sanctorum

Power Level: 10; Equipment Points Spent: 11

Toughness: +15

Features: Concealed 2, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Pool, Security System 1, Workshop

Totals: Abilities 0 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Feats 0 + Features 8 + Powers 0 + Combat 1 + Saves 2 + Drawbacks 0 + Equipment 0 (0 ep) + Weapons & Armor 0 (0 ep) = 11

Attack Bonus: +4 (Ranged: +4, Melee: +4, Grapple: +4)

Attacks: Fatigue 12, +8 (DC Fort 22), Fireball (Blast 9) (DC 24), Hold Person (Paralyze 12), +8 (DC Staged/Will 22), Mystic Arrows (Blast 12), +8 (DC 27), Snare 12, +8 (DC Ref/Staged 22), Unarmed Attack, +4 (DC 15)

Defense: +8 (Flat-footed: +3), Knockback: -6

Languages: English, Greek, Infernal, Latin

Totals: Abilities 34 + Skills 13 (50 ranks) + Feats 9 + Powers 63 + Combat 18 + Saves 13 + Drawbacks 0 = 150

Mutants & Masterminds, Second Edition is ©2005-2015 Green Ronin Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Built for the Ranger Corps game. Current build for the game available here (to be updated as we gain power points). Right now, we're just trained martial artists, but hopefully we'll be gaining Ranger-ish powers soonish... Basic concept behind the build is that he's slightly damage/defense shifted with a good bit of his damage being dependent on catching his opponent by surprise (Acrobatic Bluff). If free to stay in one place, he can use his Combat Concealment to create a miss chance against opponents he's engaged in combat with, a way of modeling how the constant movement of Capoeira makes them hard to target. He can also modify all of his caps except Toughness to employ a wide variety of possible attacks.

Xerxes Gregorson

Power Level: 5; Power Points Spent: 75/75

STR: +1 (12), DEX: +3 (16), CON: +3 (16), INT: +0 (10), WIS: +2 (14), CHA: +1 (12)

Tough: +3/+4, Fort: +3, Ref: +6, Will: +3

Skills: Acrobatics 10 (+13), Knowledge (popular culture) 2 (+2), Knowledge (streetwise) 1 (+1), Knowledge (theology & philosophy) 5 (+5), Language 1 (+1), Notice 4 (+6), Perform (dance) 6 (+7), Sense Motive 7 (+9)

Feats:
Accurate Attack
Acrobatic Bluff
All-Out Attack
Attack Focus (melee) 2
Attack Specialization (Strike 3)
Blind-Fight
Combat Concealment - W&W [modified], Move action Acrobatics check versus Sense Motive to gain Partial Concealment versus attacks this round. Full action to gain Total Concealment - Models the deceptive movement of the ginga which often causes an opponent to miss on what they thought was a sure hit.
Defensive Attack
Defensive Roll
Defensive Throw - Free trip attempt against a missed melee attack
Distract (Acrobatics)
Dodge Focus
Elusive Target
Equipment 1 (Smart Phone: Cell-Phone, Feats: Conspiracy Theorist, Jack-Of-All-Trades/Quickness 1 Limited to Knowledge Checks, Video Camera)
Evasion
Evasive Retreat - Move 5 feet as a reaction when missed in combat
Grappling Finesse
Improved Critical (Strike 3)
Improved Initiative
Improved Throw
Improved Trick (applies to Acrobatic Bluff)
Luck
Power Attack
Prone Fighting
Skill Mastery (Acrobatics, Perform (Dance), Sense Motive, Notice)
Sneak Attack
Uncanny Dodge (Hearing) - It's closer to a form of situational awareness, but this was the closest sense.

Powers:
Strike 3 (DC 19; Mighty)

Attack Bonus: +0 (Ranged: +0, Melee: +2, Grapple: +5)

Attacks: Strike 3, +4 (DC 19, 21 with Sneak Attack), Unarmed Attack, +2 (DC 16, 18 with Sneak Attack)

Defense: +6 (Flat-footed: +3), Knockback: -2

Initiative: +7

Languages: Native Language, Portuguese

Totals: Abilities 20 + Skills 9 (36 ranks) + Feats 28 + Powers 4 + Combat 10 + Saves 4 + Drawbacks 0 = 75

Created With Hero Lab® - try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com!

BACKGROUND
Xerxes is a Theology student who settled on the major more because he enjoyed arguing than because of a vested nature in the subject. On his own, he's very much a live-and-let-live kind of guy. For the last few years, he's been studying Capoeira and has found that the philsophy of the style greatly appealed to him. He recently applied for the Ranger program, not so much for philosophical reasons as that he's come to realize that his major probably won't guarantee him much of an income.

PERSONALITY
Phleghmatic to the extreme. Oddly tense and rigid for a capoeiristra, but within the roda, or in the rare times he's gotten into fights, he becomes relaxed, able to easily dazzle people with his acrobatics and then strike from an opportune position.

Updates: We've done the ranger transformation, which apparently bestows the following: [INDENT]Str +8
Attack +6
Defense +4
Protection 6 (Impervious)
Fort +5
Reflex +5
Immovable 1
Leaping 3
Super-Speed 3
Super-Strength 3[/INDENT]

Xerxes, Red Ranger
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/x87.xanga.com\/7c1f9a64d5330281324277\/m224144801.jpg"}[/IMG2]

STR: +5 (20), DEX: +3 (16), CON: +3 (16), INT: +0 (10), WIS: +2 (14), CHA: +1 (12)

Tough: +9/+10, Fort: +8, Ref: +11, Will: +3

Skills: Acrobatics 10 (+13), Knowledge (popular culture) 2 (+2), Knowledge (streetwise) 1 (+1), Knowledge (theology & philosophy) 5 (+5), Language 1 (+1), Notice 4 (+6), Perform (dance) 6 (+7), Sense Motive 7 (+9)

Feats:
Accurate Attack
Acrobatic Bluff
All-Out Attack
Attack Focus (melee) 2
Attack Specialization (Strike 3)
Blind-Fight
Combat Concealment - W&W [modified], Move action Acrobatics check versus Sense Motive to gain Partial Concealment versus attacks this round. Full action to gain Total Concealment - Models the deceptive movement of the ginga which often causes an opponent to miss on what they thought was a sure hit.
Defensive Attack
Defensive Roll
Defensive Throw - Free trip attempt against a missed melee attack
Distract (Acrobatics)
Dodge Focus
Elusive Target
Equipment 1 (Smart Phone: Cell-Phone, Feats: Conspiracy Theorist, Jack-Of-All-Trades/Quickness 1 Limited to Knowledge Checks, Video Camera)
Evasion
Evasive Retreat - Move 5 feet as a reaction when missed in combat
Grappling Finesse
Improved Critical (Strike 3)
Improved Initiative
Improved Throw
Improved Trick (applies to Acrobatic Bluff)
Luck
Power Attack
Prone Fighting
Skill Mastery (Acrobatics, Perform (Dance), Sense Motive, Notice)
Sneak Attack
Uncanny Dodge (Hearing) - It's closer to a form of situational awareness, but this was the closest sense.

Powers:
Strike 3 (DC 19; Mighty)
Protection 6 (Impervious)
Immovable 1
Leaping 3
Super-Speed 3 (No SS array defined yet)
Super-Strength 3

Attack Bonus: +6 (Ranged: +6, Melee: +8, Grapple: +23)

Attacks: Strike 3, +10 (DC 23, 25 with Sneak Attack), Unarmed Attack, +8 (DC 20, 22 with Sneak Attack)

Defense: +10 (Flat-footed: +5), Knockback: -8

Initiative: +19

Languages: Native Language, Portuguese

Totals: Abilities 28 + Skills 9 (36 ranks) + Feats 28 + Powers 41 + Combat 30 + Saves 14 + Drawbacks 0 = 150

Xerxes Gregorson (Red Ranger)

An attempt at updating from the 2E version, submitted to zeone3000's Super Sentai Mash Up game.

Xerxes Gregorson (Red Ranger) - PL 10

Strength 6/1, Stamina 8/3, Agility 11/3, Dexterity 3/0, Fighting 7/2, Intellect 0, Awareness 2, Presence 1

Advantages
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, All-out Attack, Assessment, Conspiracy Theorist, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 1, Evasion 2, Improved Critical: Martial Arts: Strength-based Damage 5, Improved Initiative, Improved Initiative 3, Improved Trip, Jack-of-all-trades, Luck, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Close, Concealment), Precise Attack (Close, Cover), Prone Fighting, Skill Mastery: Acrobatics, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Acrobatics 9 (+20), Athletics 4 (+14/+10), Close Combat: Martial Arts: Strength-based Damage 5 2 (+9), Expertise (AGL): Capoeira 4 (+15), Expertise: Theology 5 (+5), Insight 9 (+15/+11), Perception 5 (+7)

Powers
Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 2 (Advantages: Conspiracy Theorist, Eidetic Memory)
Quickness: Quickness 3 (Perform routine tasks in -3 time ranks; Limited to One Task: Research)
Smart Phone: Feature 2
Ginga: Concealment 4 (All Visual Senses; Activation: move action, Blending, Partial)
Martial Arts: Strength-based Damage 5 (DC 26; Reach (melee): 5 ft.; Limited: Only versus Vulnerable targets [2 ranks only])
Ranger Form (Advantages: Assessment, Jack-of-all-trades)
. . Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 65 (Traits: Strength +5 (+6), Fighting +5 (+7), Agility +8 (+11), Stamina +5 (+8), Will +5 (+10), Evasion 2 +1 (+2), Athletics +4 (+14), Insight +4 (+15), Dexterity +3 (+3), Advantages: Improved Initiative 3)
. . Leaping: Leaping 3 (Leap 60 feet at 16 miles/hour)
. . Power-Lifting: Enhanced Strength 2 (+2 STR; Limited to Lifting)
. . Speed: Speed 3 (Speed: 16 miles/hour, 250 feet/round)

Equipment
Enhanced Smart Phone [Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 2, Advantages: Conspiracy Theorist, Eidetic Memory; Quickness: Quickness 3, Perform routine tasks in -3 time ranks; Limited to One Task: Research; Smart Phone: Feature 2]

Offense
Initiative +27
Grab, +7 (DC Spec 16)
Martial Arts: Strength-based Damage 5, +9 (DC 26)
Throw, +3 (DC 21)
Unarmed, +7 (DC 21)

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 11, Parry 11, Fortitude 10, Toughness 9/8, Will 10/5

Power Points
Abilities 24 + Powers 81 + Advantages 17 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Defenses 9 = 150

BACKGROUND
Xerxes is a Theology student who settled on the major more because he enjoyed arguing than because of a vested nature in the subject. On his own, he's very much a live-and-let-live kind of guy. For the last few years, he's been studying Capoeira and has found that the philsophy of the style greatly appealed to him. He recently applied for the Ranger program, not so much for philosophical reasons as that he's come to realize that his major probably won't guarantee him much of an income.

PERSONALITY
Phleghmatic to the extreme. Oddly tense and rigid for a capoeiristra, but within the roda, or in the rare times he's gotten into fights, he becomes relaxed, able to easily dazzle people with his acrobatics and then strike from an opportune position.

COMPLICATIONS
  • Argumentative - Xerxes was a contrary child. The academic atmosphere hasn't helped. He'll argue a point just because he wants to try a different point of view. And when someone tries to argue from authority, he's automatically opposed. When they try to appeal from false authority ("I'm a doctor, so I know all about building construction"), it takes a crowbar to peel him away from trying to prove them wrong.
  • Reckless - Like many empowered people who started out normal, Xerxes has a slightly inflated sense of his durability and he will often leap before he looks, getting himself in over his head.
  • Legacy - Xerxes never really got a chance to learn much about what the Power Rangers stood for. Ranger Corp was attacked before the capabilities and limitations of the "morphing process" could be explained and as far as Xerxes knows, the Power Rangers haven't re-established a public presence. For all he knows, he may have inherited their enemies, the suit may be weakened by exposure to tungsten, or there may be a collection agency in pursuit of him, hoping to regain the suit.
  • Lone Ranger - Xerxes isn't great at teamwork. He'd just become part of the Power Rangers before the attack and since then, he's been on his own. Combined with his Argumentative nature, that makes him very much the person who, when asked to jump, may decide he wants to ask why, or jump in another direction, or simply do what he feels is right.
VITAL STATISTICS
Height: 5' 11"
Weight: 183 lbs
Build: Slender, slightly elongated. He keeps in good shape, maintaining a fair amount of muscle on his frame without being bulky.
Hair: Blonde, almost white, generally kept close-cropped.
Eyes: Blue, generally somewhat unfocused, but when he gets passionate, they have a tendency to be uncomfortably focused on the subject of his gaze.

Mutants & Masterminds, Third Edition is ©2010-2015 Green Ronin Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

^_^ Submitted to the X-Men Reboot. Largely cribbed from Jabroniville's build.

Catseye
Hair: Purple, runs as a mane down her neck
Eyes: Purple, cat-slitted
Civilian identity: Sharon Smith

Power Level: 8; Power Points Spent: 120/120

STR: +5 (10/20), DEX: +5 (16/20), CON: +5 (12/20), INT: +3 (16), WIS: +2 (14), CHA: -2 (6)

Tough: +5/+7, Fort: +7, Ref: +10, Will: +5

Skills: Acrobatics 6 (+11), Climb 12 (+17), Escape Artist 4 (+9), Handle Animal 8 (+6), Notice 8 (+10), Search 3 (+6), Sense Motive 10 (+12), Stealth 6 (+11), Survival 6 (+8)

Feats: Attack Focus (melee) 4, Defensive Roll 2, Dodge Focus, Eidetic Memory, Endurance, Improved Grab, Improved Grapple, Improved Trip, Truth Sense

Powers:
Claws and Teeth (Strike 2) (DC 22; Mighty)
Enhanced Trait 22 (Traits: Strength +10 (20, +5), Dexterity +4 (20, +5), Constitution +8 (20, +5))
Leaping 2 (Jumping distance: x5) - running 75 ft, standing 37 ft, vertical 18 ft.
Mental void (Concealment 1) (other sense: Mental; Close Range)
Morph 1 (morph: broad group - cat forms, +5 Disguise)
Shrinking 8 (-8 STR, -2 Toughness, -2 size categories, 1/2 movement speed; Limited (Only during morph))
Speed 2 (Speed: 25 mph, 220 ft./rnd)
Super-Movement 1 (wall-crawling 1 (half speed))
Super-Senses 5 (extended: Scent 1 (x10), extended: Vision 1 (x10), low-light vision, scent, tracking: Scent 1 (half speed))
Tail (Additional Limbs 1) (1 extra limb; +1 to Grapple when not using Imp. Grapple, Feats: Improved Grapple)

Attack Bonus: +4 (Ranged: +4, Melee: +8, Grapple: +13)

Attacks: Claws and Teeth (Strike 2), +8 (DC 22), Unarmed Attack, +8 (DC 20)

Defense: +8 (Flat-footed: +4), Knockback: -3

Totals: Abilities 14 + Skills 16 (63 ranks) + Feats 12 + Powers 46 + Combat 22 + Saves 10 + Drawbacks 0 = 120

Complications
* Obvious mutant - Sharon has thick purple hair (it's an actual mane with hair follicles that proceed down to her lower back), slitted eyes, and slightly pointed teeth in her human form. She can hide most of her feline aspects, but doesn't always think to.
* Offputting - Sharon considers herself a cat and frequently acts like one. Among other things, she thinks nothing of rubbing up against people as a sign of affection.
* Family Ties - Sharon considers Doc her family and would fight to protect him and his ship.

History
Catseye vaguely remembers an early life involving a soft voice and a hard voice, soft blankets and milk until the day she was carried away in a basket and left in an alley. No matter how much she cried for the soft voice to come back, no one came, so she wandered the city until she accidentally wound up on the S.S. Aquarius, a small fishing boat on the Boston harbor. The captain, Doctor Ronald Smith (PhD in Fisheries), took a liking to her and made her the ship mascot. As Catseye grew larger, and showed signs of higher intelligence and opposable thumbs, the crew became more wary, but considered her one of their own and protected her existence. Then, one day, there was a frightened little girl in the cat basket. Nearly inconsolable over having lost her fur and claws, Doc discreetly sought help for a "strange child" and he was soon approached by Xavier.

Xavier found Sharon's lack of mental presence astounding, but was nonetheless able to use his advanced knowledge of psychology to guide Sharon into learning to resume her preferred form and how to shift back. Now, years later, he's returned to offer her a position on a new team he is forming to help protect mutants...

Background
As far as Sharon is concerned, she is a cat who can periodically turn into a human. Nonetheless, she is brilliantly intelligent in her own way, and she quickly forms fast friendships with those she meets (sometimes a bit too fast for Xavier, who's been trying to convince her that not every person she meets must become her friend).

Addendum: Since Catseye wasn't always the best fleshed-out in the official books, a good bit of her history is being drawn from Bottroff's "Go West" fanfic.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Originally posted for badpenny's Sidekicks game before that folded. Basic premise was that we were sidekicks of established heroes and, at the beginning of the campaign, the main superhero bar gets bombed, leaving us to our own devices. Sadly, there was some confusion as to PL of characters and badpenny decided to scrap the campaign before it started.

Mary Marvel
Most of the image sourced from here with the substitution of a head from stock photo site and some photomanipulation to change the color of the clothing and match skin tones.

Power Level: 8; Power Points Spent: 120/120

STR: +7 (12/24), DEX: +1 (12), CON: +9 (14/28), INT: +2 (14), WIS: +0 (10), CHA: +3 (16)

Tough: +9, Fort: +9, Ref: +3, Will: +6

Skills: Acrobatics 3 (+4), Climb 2 (+9), Concentration 6 (+6), Craft (cooking) 4 (+6), Diplomacy 7 (+10), Escape Artist 4 (+5), Knowledge (civics) 3 (+5), Knowledge (current events) 3 (+5), Notice 8 (+8), Sense Motive 8 (+8)

Feats: Accurate Attack, Attack Focus (melee) 4, Attractive (+4), Cult Hero (Future Homemakers of America), Dodge Focus 4, Eidetic Memory, Elusive Target, Improved Disarm, Improved Sunder, Interpose, Luck, Second Chance (Diplomacy Checks), Takedown Attack 2

Powers:
Enhanced Trait 26 (Traits: Strength +12 (24, +7), Constitution +14 (28, +9))
Flight 4 (Speed: 100 mph, 880 ft./rnd; Gliding, Enhanced Feat: Move-By Action)
. . Leaping 5 (Alternate; Jumping distance: x50)
Impervious Toughness 8 (Limited (Physical attacks))
Strike 2 (DC 24; Penetrating; Mighty)
. . Climbing Kick 1 (Alternate; DC 23; Mighty, Up in the Air)
Super-Senses 2 (extended: Hearing 2 (-1 per 1k ft))
Super-Strength 3 (+15 STR carry capacity, heavy load: 2.8 tons; +3 STR to some checks)

Attack Bonus: +3 (Ranged: +3, Melee: +7, Grapple: +14/+17)

Attacks: Climbing Kick 1, +7 (DC Stability/Tou +8/DC 23), Strike 2, +7 (DC 24), Unarmed Attack, +7 (DC 22)

Defense: +7 (Flat-footed: +2), Knockback: -8

Totals: Abilities 18 + Skills 12 (48 ranks) + Feats 20 + Powers 50 + Combat 12 + Saves 8 + Drawbacks 0 = 120

Background
Mister Marvel was a super's super. Able to outrun locomotives, pace jet engines, lift small buildings, and bounce bullets off of his toned pectorals, he excelled in almost every area. One of the areas he was bad at was public speaking. Whatever his background (he's downright cagey about where he got his powers from), he lacked eloquence and spoke with a bad stutter. For a long time, he tried to let his actions speak for him, but then along came Mary.

Mary was an orphan on a bus hijacked by the Mad Maven. After Mister Marvel foiled the evildoer's plans, he was besieged by reporters asking him question after question. As Mister Marvel got progressively redder in the face trying to frame his words, a golden-haired toddler somehow pushed through the crowd and hugged his leg, shouting, "Mister Marvel saved me. I love Mister Marvel!" Much to Mister Marvel's surprise, this entirely derailed the press as they proceeded to take picture after picture of the adorable moppet. Seeing the benefit of good press, Mister Marvel applied on the spot to adopt the child, naming her Mary Marvel (previously, the nuns of the orphanage had saddled her with the unwieldy name of Austerity). The actual raising of Mary was left to hired nursemaids, but Mister Marvel doted on her, and took to having her accompany him on his missions, depositing her on the sidelines while he battled evil. As she got older, she devoted her life to making sure that Mister Marvel's praises were properly sung, and she became quite good at it.

Somewhere in the passing years, Mary gained superpowers, and ones very similar to her benefactor. Again, Mister Marvel was surprisingly closemouthed about how this came to pass, even with his adoptive daughter. Despite growing evidence that her strength and resilience were beginning to approach that of her adoptive father, he still kept her on the sidelines and she respected his wishes, always trying to stay out of the fray and dressing in the manner he considered appropriate involving long-sleeve sweaters and angle-length dresses. She did refuse the idea of a head covering, citing that it would blow off far too easily. For a while, she was happy being Mister Marvel's spokesman, but then the Sidekick Project came into play.

Much to Mister Marvel's chagrin, he was forced to send Mary off to classes on how to fight and to defend herself. Much to her chagrin, she turned out to be quite good at it. She's currently in her "Junior" year phase, having learned much of what the school has to teach and now itching for a chance to gain some practical knowledge. Another side effect of her schooling is her exposure to a wider range of media. One of her roommates was a major fan of rock-and-roll and she's become a closet fan of Paul Revere and the Raiders. She's also amassed a small private collection of science fiction, particularly enjoying the works of Phillip K. Dick. Still, in all ways, she's the same blonde-haired, blue-eyed, soft-spoken Christian that Mister Marvel raised her to be.

Complications
* Secret (from herself) - Mary doesn't know who her parents were or where her powers come from.
* Secret (from others) - Abovementioned new choices in music and literature. Also, she nurses a strong crush on her adoptive father, although she'd never admit it to anyone and she prays nightly to be rid of it.
* Affiliation - Mary is a devout Christian of a fairly fundamentalist bent. An exposure to the wider world is leading her to think that there's a possibility she may have to decide whether her religious worldview can accommodate the changes the world is undergoing or if she'll be called to be a beacon of righteousness in a corrupt world.
* Dedication - Mary is dedicated to Mister Marvel. She'd do just about anything he'd ask. She's also firmly dedicated to helping the helpless. Before her training with the Sidekick Project, she'd thought of the latter in terms of helping to ferry goods to the needy, and serving as a symbol. Now, she knows that she can do so much more and is itching to prove herself.
* Reputation - Few people take Mary seriously, still seeing her as the "cute kid" that Mister Marvel picked up to distract reporters. Complicating matters, she still has a sizable contingent of people who feel she should continue to represent that sort of hapless sidekick despite her powers, especially since she's a girl.
* Peacemaker - Mary always wants to believe that there's a way to settle conflicts without violence and she'll do her level best to try to do so. She also can't stand discord among others and will actively try to help, even long after her efforts have been shown to be fruitless.

----

Mister Marvel is, of course, a Superman/Captain Marvel expy. Mary's powers are a toned-down version of his. Oddly enough, he has several weaknesses that Mary has not shown. I'm undecided as to how pure and selfless Mister Marvel really is and what secrets he's hiding about his past.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Submitted to Kenseido's Force Ops game. He's a slight retooling of Radar Doc.

Zdolność

Power Level: 9; Power Points Spent: 150/150

STR: +0 (10), DEX: +2 (14), CON: +1 (12), INT: +7 (24), WIS: +2 (14), CHA: +1 (12)

Tough: +1/+11, Fort: +5, Ref: +7, Will: +9

Skills: Computers 10 (+17), Craft (electronic) 14 (+21), Disable Device 7 (+14), Drive 1 (+3), Intimidate 4 (+5) Investigate 2 (+9), Knowledge (physical sciences) 6 (+13), Knowledge (technology) 12 (+19), Language 4 (+4), Notice 6 (+8), Pilot 5 (+7), Profession (Scientist) 4 (+6), Sense Motive 5 (+7)

Feats: Attack Focus (ranged) 3, Dodge Focus 4, Jack-of-All-Trades, Equipment 3, Improved Defense 1, Improvised Tools, Interface (Craft (Electronics)), Inventor, Lightning Calculator, Luck 2

Powers:
Ray Gun (Device 5) (Easy to lose)
. . Irradiate (Blast 9) (radiation, DC 24; Accurate (+2), Indirect (in front of you, directed away), Incurable, Progression (Range increment) - 5 increments of 180 ft)
. . . . Concussion Blast (Damage 9) (Alternate; kinetic, DC 24; Cone Area (80-225 ft. cone - General); Knockback 2, Increased Area 1, Decreased Area 1)
. . . . Ignite 7 (Alternate; DC 22; Incurable)
. . Super-Senses 1 (distance sense)
Power Belt (Device 6) (Hard to lose)
. . Immunity 7 (ensnarement, suffocation (all))
. . Protection 10 (+11 Toughness; Force Field, Impervious [8 ranks only])
. . Flight 2
Gestalt Understanding (Super-Senses 4) [Detect Technology, acute, ranged, analytical]
Summon Components (Create Object 5) [Max size: 5 10x10x10 cubes, Innate, Precise, Progression: Object Size, Subtle (Realistic), Permanent]
. . Gestalt Troubleshooting (Transform 7) [Alternate; 1->1 (Broken to Fixed), 125 lbs, DC 17, Range (Touch), Drawback: Requires Craft check, Innate]

Equipment: Electronics tools (Masterpiece), Gas mask, Night-vision goggles, Cell phone, Electronics Shop

Electronics Shop
Power Level: 10; Equipment Points Spent: 10
Toughness: +5
Features: Communications, Computer, Defense System, Fire Prevention System, Hangar, Library, Power System, Security System 1, Workshop
Totals: Abilities 0 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Feats 0 + Features 9 + Powers 0 + Combat 1 + Saves 0 + Drawbacks 0 = 10[/i]

Attack Bonus: +4 (Ranged: +7, Melee: +4, Grapple: +4)

Attacks: Concussion Blast (Damage 9), +4 (DC Staged/Tou 24), Ignite 7, Perc (DC Staged/Tou 22), Irradiate (Blast 9), +9 (DC 24), Unarmed Attack, +4 (DC 15)

Defense: +7 (Flat-footed: +2), Knockback: -9

Initiative: +2

Languages: French, Greek, Latin, English, Polish

Totals: Abilities 26 + Skills 20 (80 ranks) + Feats 16 + Powers 58 + Combat 14 + Saves 16 + Drawbacks 0 = 150

History: From an early age, Xavier Woszczyna just "knew" things. The teacher would ask a question and the answer would pop into his head. He touched the lawnmower and instantly knew that there was a clog in the fuel line. In time, he learned to further channel this power, touching a machine and somehow manipulating it to make it right once more. The real shock came the day he absently reached across a bench for a hammer and found it already in his hand... and also still on the bench. Somehow, he was able to pull components and tools from mid-air. Initially, he could only pull very simple objects, but his ability grew and soon he could pull just about anything he wanted out of thin air with the minor drawback that he had no way to put it back. In some corner of his mind, he's certain that he's actually pulling this object from a specific location... he's mildly afraid that one day, the butcher's bill will come due on his ability.

Nevertheless, his skills ensured a steady day-to-day living alternately fixing appliances and tinkering on his own devices. After much fiddling, he developed a working ray gun and a belt that not only provided a protective force field, but also allowed him counter the forces of gravity. All that's left is field-testing... and so he's started appearing as Zdolność, coined after the Polish word for "ability".

Complications:
* Pride: Xavier is used to being the smart man in the room. He has something to say on every subject. He's very knowledgable when it comes to scientific fields and he has the occasional startling insight on just about any other topic under the sun, but he's not as smart as he thinks he is.
* Diedrick's Syndrome: Sometimes, Xavier gets incredibly carried away when it comes to his scientific ideas. Mad, they called him, mad... well, he'll show them.
* Family: Xavier's parents are still alive and well, as are three sisters and one kid brother. His family is proud immigrant stock and has refused to let him do anything more than provide upkeep on family appliances. Perhaps his mother never quite forgave him for providing a "better" blender; 50 HP proved too much for her. In his mind, she's been enacting revenge ever since by constantly bringing by a new "nice Polish girl" for him to take on a date.
* Power Source: Xavier is uncertain whether he generates the materials he summons or if he's "borrowing" them from somewhere. All he knows is that once he summons them, he can't make them disappear, and sometimes he doesn't get quite what he asked for, making his suspect that he's somehow pulling the objects from another location.

Appearance:
Height: 5' 9"
Weight: 150 lbs
Hair: Black, slightly shaggy, hanging to just below his ears. Starting to thin a bit around the temples.
Eyes: Dark brown, almost black
General: Sports a thick black handlebar moustache set above a strong jaw. His eyebrows are bushy, like little black caterpillars. So far, the only wrinkles to form are generous smile crinkles around his eyes. His face is rough-cut, more severe than handsome, and his body is reasonably trim, but far from muscled. When doing his super-heroing, he goes around in a dark blue set of coveralls with a silver P in the center, his waist adorned by his gunmetal-black shield belt, which generates a golden glow around the outline of his body. His Ray Gun draws its sensibilities from Art Deco, a burnished piece of plastic, rubber, and chrome. Across his face, he wears a smooth helmet, also dark blue, with a heavily tinted yellow visor across the top of his face and a second strip of metal across the bottom of his face which contains the gas-mask. In between, his upper lip is visible with moustache proudly on display.