Would you guys be interested in a RPG Review sub-forum?

General discussions about role-playing games. Share stories, ask for advice, talk about the industry, etc.
Ares
Site Admin

Would you guys be interested in a RPG Review sub-forum?

Post by Ares »

So with all the system examinations I'm ready to do, I'm wondering if you guys would be interested in an official sub-form meant solely for people to post their reviews of game systems, adventures and so forth.

The idea would be that I would create a standardized format for reviewing a game, and then if someone would like to review a game system or adventure, they PM me. I create the topic for the game system or adventure in question, giving an overview of it. After that, everyone who wants to review the game can post their review in the thread, and I will update the original topic post with links to each individual posters review within the topic, as well as the overall score.

That way each game will have its own topic where multiple people can post, you can look for particular reviews by posters whose tastes match your own, etc.

What do you guys think? If we had an official place for it, do you think you guys would make use of it, or is it better to just let people chat about it in here?
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Cinder

Re: Would you guys be interested in a RPG Review sub-forum?

Post by Cinder »

I like that idea.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Perhaps...
The big question is how many of us would contribute to it.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

There is the possibility that it might go largely unused like other sections of the board, but at the same time it might be better to have it and it not get used than not have it when some people might make use of it. Even if only one or two people get into it, it might still be worth it to have some regular posters giving their two cents on systems and adventures.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Ares wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:13 pm ...it might be better to have it and it not get used than not have it when some people might make use of it. Even if only one or two people get into it, it might still be worth it to have some regular posters giving their two cents on systems and adventures...
I agree with that sentiment.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Ooooh....

'It Came From the Dusty Bookshelf' as a regular feature?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.