D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
User avatar
Arkrite
Posts: 1518
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:16 pm
Location: Canada

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by Arkrite » Sat May 04, 2019 2:22 pm

Ector Blagettal
HP: 11/11

Ector's face never changes as Evan goes down, but his posture becomes more rigid, and the grip on his warhammer and shield tightens.

Stepping forward he trapped the bugbear's shield, blocking it with his own and brought his hammer down at the villain's unprotected head.
OOC: Second attack on Bugbear: 1d20+5 22 1d8+3 4

User avatar
stavaros_the_arcane
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:17 pm

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by stavaros_the_arcane » Sat May 04, 2019 11:14 pm

There is a sickening crack as Ector slams his hammer down. For a moment Gravak the Bugbear stares ahead with sightless eyes as fluid leaks from his ears. Until with a massive thump he collapses to the ground dead.

With the mighty bugbear fallen, all that remains is to mop up the last of his accomplices.

OOC:And Gravak is dead. Time to mop up the last of his mooks.
Sariel you're up.

User avatar
Psistrike
Posts: 352
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:57 pm
Contact:

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by Psistrike » Sun May 05, 2019 6:42 am

Sariel Amastacia

"Guess I didn't have to choose between protecting my friend and preventing you for from escaping after all. Frostbite is a terrible way to go. Once more a ray of frost as cold as the deepest winter fired from her hand, though hitting a running target is harder than one barely moving.

OOC: Attack roll for Ray of Frost: Attack roll: 1d20+5 14 Damage roll on the chance that hits: Attack roll: 1d8 4

User avatar
stavaros_the_arcane
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:17 pm

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by stavaros_the_arcane » Sun May 05, 2019 6:55 am

The beam strikes the bandit, his nervous sweat instantly turns into a thin coating of ice as the cold steals his life away.
It is definitely not a nice way to go.

OOC: And with that Combat is over. Feel free to tend to your wounded, save the prisoner and search the room at your leisure.

User avatar
Arkrite
Posts: 1518
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:16 pm
Location: Canada

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by Arkrite » Sun May 05, 2019 3:54 pm

Ector Blagettal
HP: 11/11

Hooking the mace with his foot he sends across the floor, just in case, before stepping over the body to kneel at Evan's side.

A quick prayer and a trickle of healing magic stabilizes the injured Evan.

"Celestina, am requiring assistance. Evan is stable but is requiring healing," He says.
OOC: Spare the Dying to stabilize Evan.

User avatar
stavaros_the_arcane
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:17 pm

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by stavaros_the_arcane » Sun May 05, 2019 5:50 pm

OOC: Evan is now Stabilized. No more Death saves are required but he is still unconscious until healed to at least 1 HP

While I presume you'll want to deal with healing Evan and letting Recette out of the cage first, you can also use this time for a short rest. This will allow you to regain your spent abilities and spend a hit dice to heal yourselves. (you heal 1 of your hit dice + your con modifier)

User avatar
Ysariel
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:14 pm

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by Ysariel » Fri May 17, 2019 10:54 pm

Célestina (Tina)

Tina nods to Sariel as her spell of ice freezes away the last of the bandit's life. Predictably, there's no such thing as a victory won without cost, because just as she does so she hears Ector's voice drawing her attention to Evan's condition.

"Hang on," Tina says to Ector, kneeling by Evan's side and placing her hands over his chest. She closes her eyes and murmurs the words of the ancient prayer Our Lady of Mercy and golden light shines forth from her fingers.

OOC

Expend Lay on Hands to heal Evans for 5 HP. That's the maximum Tina can heal at level 1, so there's none left.

User avatar
stavaros_the_arcane
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:17 pm

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by stavaros_the_arcane » Sat May 18, 2019 12:05 am

Evan you regain consciousness to the sight of Celestina and Ector standing over you. Celestina's hand is glowing and numerous aches and pains across your body are starting to fade away.

OOC:Evan regains 5 hp, he is conscious again.

With the fighting done, Tear races to the girl in the cage. "Recette! You're okay. We made it in time." She actually flies through the bars to the girl and the two cling to each other in a tearful embrace.

Recette says. "I'm so glad you're okay Tear. I was really worried when they separated us!" She looks past the fairy to the rest of you. "Thank you soooooo much for saving us. I'm going to give you all the biggest hugs after I'm out of this cage. The big one has a ring of keys on his belt, one of them should open the cage, he didn't trust anyone else with them. The sooner I'm out of this thing the better."

OOC: you can all roll your Hit-dice +con for recovered hitpoints from a short rest if you want, while we roleplay letting Recette out.
Last edited by stavaros_the_arcane on Sat May 18, 2019 12:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

EnigmaticOne
Posts: 750
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:02 am
Location: Massachusetts

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by EnigmaticOne » Sat May 18, 2019 12:09 am

Evan Roadbound
HP: 8/10

Evan rose up slowly, breathing heavily. So he was still alive, mouthing a thank you to Ector and Tina as he worked through the pain to get to his feet. One of the painful truths was that for all his skill, Evan was learning that even lucky hits happen, and his form could still only take so much.
Short Rest: 1d8+2 4
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Vortex in Force OPs
Evan Roadbound in The Golden Wheel Turns
Peter Ezima in In the Shadow of Imperator

User avatar
Arkrite
Posts: 1518
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:16 pm
Location: Canada

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by Arkrite » Sat May 18, 2019 12:13 am

Ector Blagettal
HP: 11/11

"Am sorry, Evan," He says, giving Evan a hand to his feet, "Ector should have pushed him harder from other side. Is looking like Ector needs to spend more time on the training field."

With a grunt he walks over to the bugbear and pats him down for the keys.

"Sorry, little ones, Ector will have key in moments."

User avatar
stavaros_the_arcane
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:17 pm

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by stavaros_the_arcane » Sat May 18, 2019 4:26 am

Ector easily finds the heavy iron ring of keys on the Bugbear's belt, he's not carrying much else of note on his person save for his morningstar. It doesn't take long to identify which key fits Recette's cage.

User avatar
Arkrite
Posts: 1518
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:16 pm
Location: Canada

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by Arkrite » Sat May 18, 2019 2:23 pm

Ector Blagettal
HP: 11/11

Ector fumbles with the keys, trying pretty much all of them before finding the right one and pulling the door open.

"Ah, see? Is nothing to be worrying about," He says pausing to pull a shoe out of his pack, then offers it to the little girl, "Is like orc fairy tale. Kills ugly monster, frees girl, gives shoe."

He shakes head, "Orc fairy tales very strange."

User avatar
stavaros_the_arcane
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:17 pm

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by stavaros_the_arcane » Sun May 19, 2019 4:31 am

Arkrite wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 2:23 pm
Ector Blagettal
HP: 11/11

Ector fumbles with the keys, trying pretty much all of them before finding the right one and pulling the door open.

"Ah, see? Is nothing to be worrying about," He says pausing to pull a shoe out of his pack, then offers it to the little girl, "Is like orc fairy tale. Kills ugly monster, frees girl, gives shoe."

He shakes head, "Orc fairy tales very strange."
Recette giggles as she takes her shoe back from Ector and slips it on. Then Since Ector is the first of her rescuers to enter hugging range, she hurls herself at him wrapping her arms as far around the large Half-Orc as she can. Which is admittedly only like halfway around his waist.

Recette tearfully repeats. "Thank you so much. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you." She does not release Ector for several minutes. She repeats this process with each of her rescuers over the next hour as you rest.

As your party takes the next hour to rest and tend your wounds, you have the chance to take a closer look around the room. (Go ahead and do your rolls to recover HP)

From the bodies of your foes you find several items of some value. Gravak's Morningstar is of better quality than the weapons used by his minions. From the robed goblin you find a wooden holy symbol of the Goblin deity Maglubiyet (worth 5gp) and the ornate ceremonial dagger he was waving around (worth 15gp). The Bandit is carrying a small purse of gemstones containing 2 azurite, 1 agate, and 1 malachite (each worth 10gp) as well as a sealed scroll case.

In one corner of the room near the Statue, there are a pair of small locked boxes.

Upon closer inspection of the statue of the Delian Knight, Sextus Varius, reveals that there is something written on the Dais the statue stands on. It seems to be a riddle of some sort.

'If you are to keep this, you must first give it to me.'

User avatar
Arkrite
Posts: 1518
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:16 pm
Location: Canada

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by Arkrite » Sun May 19, 2019 7:58 pm

Ector Blagettal
HP: 11/11
stavaros_the_arcane wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 4:31 am
Recette tearfully repeats. "Thank you so much. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you." She does not release Ector for several minutes.
Ector gently stroke's Recette's hair, gives her a light hug and assures her that, "Is okay now." while she cries.

After everybody has a chance to rest he arranges the spoils on the floor, setting the mace beside the small blanket with the smaller items, to this he'd added the items he'd found earlier.
Loot wrote:- 10 GP
- 50 SP
- holy symbol of Maglubiyet (worth 5gp)
- 2 azurite, 1 agate, and 1 malachite (each worth 10gp)
- Ornate ceremonial dagger he was waving around (worth 15gp)
- Small gold bracelet (worth 25gp)
The sealed scroll case he passed to Sariel, "Maybe you can be reading this?"

With that he makes his way over to the statue and examines the writing on the Dais. He takes his time reading the plaque and lets out a booming belly laugh.

"Is riddle," He says, his scarred face twisting into a big toothy smile, "Thing that you give so you can keep it is your, uh... promise, word... Ah, oath."

"Am thinking is important with these people. They carved oath in wall. Ector saw it when he was finding Tear," He crosses his arms and stares up at the statue admiring the stonework.

User avatar
stavaros_the_arcane
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:17 pm

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by stavaros_the_arcane » Wed May 22, 2019 4:11 am

Arkrite wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 7:58 pm
Ector Blagettal
HP: 11/11
After everybody has a chance to rest he arranges the spoils on the floor, setting the mace beside the small blanket with the smaller items, to this he'd added the items he'd found earlier.
Loot wrote:- 10 GP
- 50 SP
- holy symbol of Maglubiyet (worth 5gp)
- 2 azurite, 1 agate, and 1 malachite (each worth 10gp)
- Ornate ceremonial dagger he was waving around (worth 15gp)
- Small gold bracelet (worth 25gp)
Recette looks at your spoils with an appraising eye you would not have expected from a girl her age. She seems to be doing math under her breath. "I think there's more stuff in those chests over there. I know Gravak used one of them to store his personal coin. When we get back to the village I can exchange some of these other items for coin if you like, Tear and I run a shop for adventuring gear and supplies."

Tear chuckles. "Its a long story. The short version is Recette's Father took a sizable loan from Golden Scales Banking and Currency Exchange to renovate the family home into a shop, then suddenly left to 'go adventuring' and never came back. It is not a small debt, so while the Bank has other agents trying to determine his whereabouts, I was sent to inspect the family home/business that was used as collateral. When I found that repossessing the house would leave Recette homeless I worked out an alternative solution to pay back the debt."

Recette smiled. "So she helped me open the shop as it was intended. We've been working together ever since. If you ever need to buy any adventuring stuff I'll definitely give you the Favored Customer discount."
Arkrite wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 7:58 pm
The sealed scroll case he passed to Sariel, "Maybe you can be reading this?"
When the seal is cracked and the tube opened the scroll inside is revealed to a a letter from Gravak to someone referred GlassStaff.
In crude hand-writing it says:

GlassStaff
By now you know one of our joint attacks on caravans was a failure. It was better guarded than expected, we both lost a bunch of fodder.
I'm sure you're not happy about this, just like Darax isn't going to be happy about this, and I sure as the abyss am not happy about this.
We might need to scale back the joint operations for a bit. Darax is close to bullying enough goblin tribes into joining the wyrmling's 'Howling Horde' to make a big move but until he does he's stretched thin. Without Noak to scare the runts, everything could fall apart.

Speaking of Noak, the damned winged lizard has me wasting time defiling this old tomb, melted a couple of the runts when she heard about the place. So to keep her happy Darax sent me one of the few of the shaman's trainees that didn't leave with him and a ritual of defilement. The idjit is dumb as a sack of dirt but even he shouldn't be able to screw this up. Unfortunately this means that rather than I can't send you the human girl our scouts captured. She meets the description you gave me for the kind of subject you need for your magical tests and such but we need innocent blood for the ritual. Blame the tiny temper tantrum dragon.

Despite the setbacks, I'm sure we all want to keep this business arrangement between the Horde and your Redbrands going strong. So to make up for things I'll be sending you the little fairy we caught the same time as the girl. I'm sure you'll find a use for her in your experiments. Within the month all of this should pay off big time for all of us.

-Gravak


Arkrite wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 7:58 pm
"Is riddle," He says, his scarred face twisting into a big toothy smile, "Thing that you give so you can keep it is your, uh... promise, word... Ah, oath."

"Am thinking is important with these people. They carved oath in wall. Ector saw it when he was finding Tear," He crosses his arms and stares up at the statue admiring the stonework.
The moment that Ector says the word "Oath" you could swear that the eyes of the statue glowed for a second. You all just barely hear a ghostly echo, as though someone was whispering softly in your ear from behind. "I, Sextus Varius, swear the Delian Oath. To serve Law, battle chaos, and strive to keep the secrets of the Delian lore."

Suddenly the whisper is drowned out by sound of stone grinding on stone that fills the room.To the left side of the Statue a section of wall slowly swings back, sending a cloud of dust billowing out and revealing a hidden entrance to another room.

Post Reply