D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
User avatar
Arkrite
Posts: 1354
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:16 pm
Location: Canada

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by Arkrite » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:31 pm

Ector Blagettal
HP: 11/11

Ector looks somewhat bashful when he discovers his plan was a failure. He'd never considered that the floor panel traps would be designed to only go off for heavier creatures.

If it wasn't for the goblins dragging the cage along he'd have probably been hit by three different traps just getting to the door. Obviously, he concluded, he was better at being a cook then being a sneak-thief.

As they get to the door he looks at the others and whispers, "Ector is seeing prints. One is bigger than goblins, other is becoming Ector sized."

He looks at the door considering if he should try to sneak in, then considers his chainmail and Tina's armor. It was probably likely they'd been heard coming.

He points Tina to one door, and sets himself up beside the other, giving a quick countdown of fingers for when they can push through the door and charge inside.

User avatar
Ysariel
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:14 pm

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by Ysariel » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:32 am

Célestina (Tina)

Tina is still full of adrenaline that she is not especially successful at being stealthy. Not that a knight in steel armor and miniskirt would be very stealthy in any case. The chances they had reached here completely unnoticed were low. Stealth and subterfuge had its place, but at this point in time she trusted instead in valor to carry the day.

She nods in understanding at Ector and raises her sword, watching for the fingers.

Three...

OOC
Initiative: 1d20+1: 6 [1d20=5]

Assuming we are going into combat. However, in case we aren't, then on the count of three, Tina will instead attempt to kick open the door (I think this is a str check, but feel free to let me know if some other check is more suitable)

Str check: 1d20+3: 12 [1d20=9]

User avatar
stavaros_the_arcane
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:17 pm

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by stavaros_the_arcane » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:45 am

OOC: Strength check not necessary but since you rolled it I'll have the door opening be dramatic. I'll hold on to that initiative roll for the upcoming combat.

Alright so Celestina and Ector will be entering first side by side. (I'm just going to say Ector is on the left, and Celestina is on the right if that's okay with you guys.)
The doorway is large enough for two party members to go through at a time. How do Sariel and Evan want to be positioned when they enter the room?

EnigmaticOne
Posts: 621
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:02 am
Location: Massachusetts

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by EnigmaticOne » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:31 pm

I'll just go ahead and say Evan is on the left.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Vortex in Force OPs
Evan Roadbound in The Golden Wheel Turns
Peter Ezima in In the Shadow of Imperator

User avatar
Psistrike
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:57 pm
Contact:

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by Psistrike » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:36 pm

Sariel will go on the right through the doorway and try to get positioned near Tina.

User avatar
stavaros_the_arcane
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:17 pm

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by stavaros_the_arcane » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:35 am

On three, Celestina and Ector shove the large doors open with enough force to slam them into the walls with a loud boom.

You advance into the room and see the room's main feature, a raised dais with a larger than life statue of one of the Knights of the Delian Order.
Ector, you recognize the statue as the same knight from the artwork in the Offering Hall, Sextus Varius.

The floor at the center of the room is covered with an elaborate ritual circle scribbled in various unpleasant smelling substances and giving off an ominous red glow. Standing within the circle is a goblin in a tattered hooded robe, furiously muttering under his breath and totally focused on adding new lines to the ritual circle's pattern. Only the boom of the doors hitting the wall breaks his focus and has him turn to look your way.

Next to the goblin is a cage with a small figure of a human girl crouching inside. Upon your entering the room she turns and looks at you with desperate hope in her eyes.

There are two others in the room. The first is a human dressed in the same clothing as the bandits that attacked your caravan, although his outfit and red scarf appear to be of higher quality and less damaged than the others.

The other create looks kind of like a goblin, if one was taller and as muscled as Ector. He is large, hairy, and dressed in animal hides; brandishing a nasty morning-star and shield. You've heard of goblinoids like this, a bugbear. This must be Gravak, the leader of the goblins here.

Gravak looks at you and growls, "So you must be the cause of all the ruckus outside. Useless goblins, I leave them to their own devices for a few hours and they can't even keep a few trouble makers out."
He looks over to the human bandit "Give me a hand with our guests and we can get back to talking business." Before shouting at the hooded goblin. "You, finish the damned rite. I've wasted too much of my time on this already."

Image

OOC:Alright give me some initiative rolls.If you have anything to say (trash talk, encouraging words to the girl in the cage, whatever) go ahead.

User avatar
Arkrite
Posts: 1354
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:16 pm
Location: Canada

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by Arkrite » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:17 am

Ector Blagettal
HP: 11/11

"Hello," Ector booms, "This is chance for you to surrender, hand over little girl, and survive. Or to quote Slog, what you serve will be your just dessert."

He smiles, eyes looking at the hulking mass of the bugbear, then sliding over to the goblin by the cage. He had no doubt of their answer, and his first target was in sight.
OOC: Init for boss fight: 1d20-1 9

EnigmaticOne
Posts: 621
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:02 am
Location: Massachusetts

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by EnigmaticOne » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:32 am

Evan Roadbound
HP: 4/10
Initiative: 1d20+4 14
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Vortex in Force OPs
Evan Roadbound in The Golden Wheel Turns
Peter Ezima in In the Shadow of Imperator

User avatar
Psistrike
Posts: 337
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:57 pm
Contact:

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by Psistrike » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:35 pm

Sariel Amastacia

"I'd listen to my friend. Otherwise, you will suffer a very frosty response from me. Winter is coming and she is angry at trying to use a child as a sacrifice." Already cold mist could be seen wafting from her right hand.

OOC: Init for boss fight: Initiative: 1d20+1 8

User avatar
stavaros_the_arcane
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:17 pm

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by stavaros_the_arcane » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:04 am

Bugbear initiative: 1d20+2: 8
Bandit and Goblin ritualist: 1d20+1: 6

Initiative Order:
Evan 14
Ector 9
Gravak the Bugbear 8 (Bugbear has higher initiative bonus)
Sariel 8
Celestina 6
Bandit and Goblin ritualist 6

User avatar
Ysariel
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:14 pm

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by Ysariel » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:47 pm

Célestina (Tina)

A bugbear is more than Tina expected. She expected just another human thug.

But she does not hesitate, not even for an instant. He can bleed, and that means he can be beaten.

As her companions joust verbally with the goblins and their bugbear leader, Tina turns her attention to the hostage. "Have heart, Recette! Deliverance is on the way!" she cries, and brandishes her sword. The distance between her and the goblin is just far enough that the goblin performing the ritual would have a few crucial seconds to act before she got there. Then again, maybe the sight of three feet of steel and a lot of heavy armor heading their way would get the goblin to worry about things other than blasphemous magic.

OOC

Just some banter while combat gets started

EnigmaticOne
Posts: 621
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:02 am
Location: Massachusetts

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by EnigmaticOne » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:37 pm

Evan Roadbound
HP: 4/10

At the first sight of the young girl, trussed up for sacrifice, Evan's face became angry, breaking through his composure for once.

"No." Already, he closed the gap between him and Gravak, bounding up, onto the bugbear's shield and over him, a leap ending with the sword and hand-chop out as if he had not swung them. But Gravak had felt them.
Move to J11. FIGHT!
Sword Attack: 1d20+6 24
Damage: 1d6+4 7

Unarmed Attack: 1d20+6 21
Damage: 1d4+4 5
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Vortex in Force OPs
Evan Roadbound in The Golden Wheel Turns
Peter Ezima in In the Shadow of Imperator

User avatar
stavaros_the_arcane
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:17 pm

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by stavaros_the_arcane » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:44 pm

Ysariel wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:47 pm
Célestina (Tina)

A bugbear is more than Tina expected. She expected just another human thug.

But she does not hesitate, not even for an instant. He can bleed, and that means he can be beaten.

As her companions joust verbally with the goblins and their bugbear leader, Tina turns her attention to the hostage. "Have heart, Recette! Deliverance is on the way!" she cries, and brandishes her sword. The distance between her and the goblin is just far enough that the goblin performing the ritual would have a few crucial seconds to act before she got there. Then again, maybe the sight of three feet of steel and a lot of heavy armor heading their way would get the goblin to worry about things other than blasphemous magic.

OOC

Just some banter while combat gets started
From her place in the cage Recette perks up hearing her name. Tears fill her eyes and the look of hope becomes less desperate and more awed.
EnigmaticOne wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:37 pm
Evan Roadbound
HP: 4/10

At the first sight of the young girl, trussed up for sacrifice, Evan's face became angry, breaking through his composure for once.

"No." Already, he closed the gap between him and Gravak, bounding up, onto the bugbear's shield and over him, a leap ending with the sword and hand-chop out as if he had not swung them. But Gravak had felt them.
Move to J11. FIGHT!
Sword Attack: 1d20+6 24
Damage: 1d6+4 7

Unarmed Attack: 1d20+6 21
Damage: 1d4+4 5
From Evan's starting position behind his taller comrades, his sudden rush caught the Bugbear off guard as he literally didn't see you coming until you were right in his face! He bellows as you blows strike true, but the brute is not felled yet.

OOC: Those will both hit.
Ector's turn.

User avatar
Arkrite
Posts: 1354
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:16 pm
Location: Canada

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by Arkrite » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:32 am

Ector Blagettal
HP: 11/11

With all the grace and stealth of a bull attacking a hardware store Ector charges forward, pointing a hammer at the Goblin.

A quick prayer runs through his head and
A Prayer wrote:Hello, Slog. Is Hector.
Am sorry for bugging you, but am needing your help.
Goblin is pretty bad person, planning on killing little girl to defile holy temple of pretty good guys.
If you could show him a sign of how unhappy you are, Ector would be very grateful.
...
Also they shot Ector a few days ago.
Thank you.
A pillar of flame explodes down towards the goblin.

"Tina, get goblin. Ector will hold path," He bellows, turning to the side to catch the bugbear between himself and the scary little halfling he called a friend. The only way the bugbear would be able to block Tina's path would be to literally go through him.

The big ugly half-orc smiled. He liked his odds.
OOC: Moving to L-9 to get BB stuck between him and Evan.
Damage for Sacred Flame (DC13 Dex save): 1d8 7

User avatar
stavaros_the_arcane
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:17 pm

Re: D&D5e The Golden Wheel Turns (IC thread)

Post by stavaros_the_arcane » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:58 am

OOC: Goblin Dex save 1d20+1: 14 He makes his save so no damage.

As the radiate pillar of energy descends upon the robed goblin, the goblin leaps back to avoid the smiting. The Goblin seems to be less chanting now and more fervently praying to his own god for being spared the wrath of Ector's.

Ector you swear you can hear in the back of your mind:
"Maglubiyet ya Zogging Grot! Ya threw off me aim! I'll Crump ya good fer that!"
-------

Gravak enraged by being struck swings his morning star at Evan, but the nimble halfling is too quick for him.

OOC: Gravak swings at Evan 1d20+4: 9 that'll miss.
Sariel's turn.

Post Reply