[3E IC] Toys will be Toys

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
FuzzyBoots
Posts: 843
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:14 am

Gamemaster

Hope still can't quite see Cindy, although she could hear the pain in her classmate's voice, so close... she could even see part of the corridor, ablaze with red laser beams, with only narrow gaps, about the size where she might be able to crawl through, carefully.

Meanwhile, in the larger room, Replica winced at Cindy's whimpers of pain, but shook his head, his jaw unusually tight.
"Got to keep moving forward," he said, his voice low and his eyes slightly glazed over, as if seeing someone else, "If we solve this, we can get Cindy out of there." He started walking toward the hallway with the nozzles.
"This one's non-lethal, I remember..."

He ran into the hallway, ducking one blast of goo and quickly wiping away another. "They can only fire so fast. If you head in right after me..." He dodged another set of shots, but got pasted by the next one.
"Dang it! Just three more yards..." He pushed forward, but got literally pasted in the last row, white goo hardening around him and turning him into the appearance of an alabaster statue.
OOC wrote:With a single sprint, Miraculous is a bit short of being in sight of Cindy, although she does see some of the crossing lasers in the hallway.

Replica uses a Hero Point to take advantage of Quirk letting him run through the demo reel at the beginning, and is going to move to where the nozzles are, and start to make his way through.
First row: Attack roll: 1D20+5 = [6]+5 = 11; 1D20+5 = [18]+5 = 23 is one hit.
Dodge roll: 1D20+6 = [19]+6 = 25 means he's not caught.
Second row: Attack roll: 1D20+5 = [10]+5 = 15; 1D20+5 = [13]+5 = 18 is another hit.
Dodge roll: 1D20+6 = [16]+6 = 22 is another good save.
Third row: Attack roll: 1D20+5 = [4]+5 = 9; 1D20+5 = [11]+5 = 16 is another hit. That one side...
Unfortunately, Dodge roll: 1D20+6 = [4]+6 = 10 is one degree of failure for Hindered/Vulnerable.
Fourth row: Attack roll: 1D20+5 = [8]+5 = 13; 1D20+5 = [6]+5 = 11and both miss.
Final row: Attack roll: 1D20+5 = [17]+5 = 22; 1D20+5 = [9]+5 = 14 is one hit.
Dodge roll: 1D20+6 = [4]+6 = 10 is the second degree due to Cumulative and he's Defenseless/Immobile.

23 rounds left
Tough Stuff: -1 to Toughness, Dazed
Miraculous
Replica: -3 to Toughness, Defenseless/Immobile
--REMAINING --
Skolldir: -3 to Toughness
Titaness: -3 to Toughness

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 987
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Skolldir

Post by Camus » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:23 pm

The young genius thanked the others "Ah my saviours! I was afraid I was going to get burner down to cinders!" . While still rubbing his wounds, he kept placing the cores intro the piles of scrap metal.
As Cindy charges forward, he makes a face "Sometimes is better to take a moment and think, isn't it not? Droid, move towards Cindy, and shoot the let cannons." He orders the droid that is now operating.

Ooc: Skolldir will place another core on a pile of scrap metal. He will command the droid that will be operative to attack the lasers. Since the droid is tiny it should be able to go unharmed, I guess
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 843
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:29 am

Skolldir

Skolldir directed his hover-chair back to where the charred remains of one of his drones had sat. The hover-chair, while handy, was sometimes a bit awkward. He had to tilt it down and rely on the safety belts to keep him in place as he leaned down and gathered the remains of the drone to him, blood beginning to rush to his head as he righted himself. Somewhere behind him, he heard the steady series of metallic pings, followed by the beginning of network pings, as the drone he'd dumped in the remains of the robot reassembled and started to come online.
OOC wrote:The drones have Immortality 18, which lets them recover 2 rounds after their Source Flaw is fulfilled, which means the drone isn't quite up. A Move action to move to one of your fallen drones and using your Standard as a Move to pick it up puts you at the site of one of the drones. The one drone that you set down will recover before your next turn, although I've taken the liberty of flipping its token.

23 rounds left
Tough Stuff: -1 to Toughness, Dazed
Miraculous
Replica: -3 to Toughness, Defenseless/Immobile
Skolldir: -3 to Toughness, 1 drone available
--REMAINING --
Titaness: -3 to Toughness

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 987
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Skolldir

Post by Camus » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:40 pm

Olev's eyes focused on the traps, trying to notice the triggering mechanism, and how to disable them. He adjust his spectacles, which reflect the red light of the lasers.

Perception 25, technology 19
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1606
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by catsi563 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:51 pm

Titaness
Irene Darrow
HP: 1; Condition: Maze runner (-3 bruised)

Irene gave Replica a grin as he finished off the Robot shed been having trouble tagging and smiled brighter when Cindy rejoined the mix. Her Smile dropped a few degrees and was replaced by an eye roll and a sight as Cin ran off before she could say anything.

She was about to take a moment and think of her options when Cins yelp of pain came to her oversized ears. "Hang Tough Im coming !!" she shouted as she shrunk down and ran up to hope seeing the laser trap though caused her to screech to a halt As Skolldir came up with them.


"Oh this is gonna be fun..." she grumbled


Full move up to the laser trap she has speed 1 so easy move for her. take a rest and let the brains figure this one out.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 843
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:49 pm

Gamemaster

The first to bolt towards Cindy was Miraculous. Then Titaness, bounding forward, body shrinking in size to fit the upcoming corridor. Then, Skolldir, whirring along in his chair. Behind them, Replica called out, "Guys, the way it's clear. Guys? Hello?" After several seconds, the glue begins to crack, and he pushes through, crawling to safety.

"Guys?"

Meanwhile, Titaness and Skolldir jostle past Miraculous to see Cindy, slumped against a wall in a safe spot between the tightly packed lasers. Skolldir's scan of the lasers' emitters doesn't seem to indicate that there was any particular technical solution coming to mind. The emitters were crude outlets in the wall, looking more like science fiction props than anything real. Curiously, they terminate directly into the walls, floors, or ceiling and seem to be doing no damage there. They must be made of sterner stuff. That, or Quirk was no great respecter of physics. On the bright side, the gaps were sufficient that his drones should be able to move at full speed down the hall, where a door stood.
OOC wrote:Replica attempts to break free. Damage roll versus Snare: 1D20+10 = [5]+10 = 15 succeeds if not by a huge margin.

22 rounds left
Replica: -3 to Toughness, Defenseless/Immobile
Skolldir: -3 to Toughness, 1 drone available
--REMAINING --
Tough Stuff: -1 to Toughness, Dazed
Miraculous
Titaness: -3 to Toughness

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1590
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by EpicEclipse » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:32 am

Image
MIRACULOUS (Hope McKnight)
3 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Hope looks back over her shoulder as both Titaness and Skolldir approach, apparently having left Replica. Not wanting to leave one of their team on their own in this trap-filled place, Hope falls back, squeezing past the others. <<If you guys are here, I'll go support Replica.>>

Moving back to the central room, it doesn't take her long to spot Replica at the end of the corridor. <<Is it safe to come across?>> she looks at the remnants of the hardened material that had been fired from the trap, not knowing Replica had been hit but freed himself.
It'll take both of her moves, even with the athletics check, to get over to even the front of the corridor, pausing to ask if it's safe, then moving the rest that she can if Replica gives an affirmative. She has move-by action, to pausing before completing her movement should be fine, yeah?

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 843
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:09 pm

Gamemaster

Replica calls back, "I don't know. The thing that Quirk showed me had Mortimer tricking one of the robots into running through the hallway, and then running right behind it. The guns shot the robot, but not him. Then it cut to another scene, and... it's all kind of fuzzy now but I think the idea was that they have some sort of refractory period." He scraped a dried glob off of his arm, which dissolves into thin air before hitting the ground, as are all of the errant shots that missed him.

He started speaking again. "Is... is Cindy alright? I kind of panicked. I don't know what exactly I was running away from, or to, or..." he grunted in annoyance. "Personal problems. And I didn't think she could get hurt. Maybe she'll learn something about fools rushing in, though."
OOC wrote:Up to you as to whether you want to chance the crossing.

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1590
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by EpicEclipse » Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:49 pm

Image
MIRACULOUS (Hope McKnight)
3 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Hope looks along the walls.... she obviously wasn't shown the same thing as Replica, or at least, not as much. Probably better to play it safe. <<There's lasers in the other corridor. I didn't get a look at Cindy's situation, but Skolldir and Titaness are over there. Maybe she's just not so invulnerable to lasers?>> she suggests, not really knowing if Cindy'd been hit by lasers before now.

Looking up the hall, she judges the area of the walls and considers, figuring she could probably armor along the surfaces. It wouldn't be very strong, but if she could run across quickly, it wouldn't have to be, silently she gathers up some sound around her to project into her psychic construct, crouching down, not only to get into a running stance but to be touching the ground in order to spread the armor out from there.
Better safe than sorry. Will cut off her movement and turn there, and next turn plan to armor up the hall and dash down it.

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 843
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by FuzzyBoots » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:35 pm

Gamemaster

"Dunno," Replica said, "I've seen her do a lot of crazy sh- stuff. I can't remember if lasers were one of the things she did, although I would be surprised if she hadn't tried it." He shrugged and added, "Eh, I think she just learned that no matter how tough you are, there's always a bigger fish."

He quickly glanced around the room, and spoke again, changing the subject. "I don't see anything new here now that I'm further in. What looks like a console against the wall, rectangular room, about twice as wide as it's long. No visible doors, traps, or killer robots."
OOC wrote:22 rounds left
Replica: -3 to Toughness
Skolldir: -3 to Toughness, 1 drone available, carrying 1 drone's remains
Miraculous
--REMAINING --
Tough Stuff: -1 to Toughness, Dazed
Titaness: -3 to Toughness

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1713
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [3E IC] Toys will be Toys

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:55 am

Tough Stuff
Image
Status: Shocked (-1)
HP: 3
----------

"Wha- Titaness, and... German guy? Wait, a guy?" She glances down at her clothes, and noted that they were a bit more damaged then she would've liked. Suddenly shit turns around, frantically trying to cover the worst spots. "No no, don't look! Tell him not to look at me right now, it's very inappropriate!"

Biting her lip, she at the same time starts looking around the corridor a bit frantically. What could she do, try to keep going forward, or go backwards? She had no clue at all. "Argh... Hey, what is that thing? That better not be some weird creepy spy camera!"
"Delay" until after Skoldir, to see what the's doing. Seeing as she's at the bottom of initiative, that'll also just eat up this rounds action I'm pretty sure.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

Post Reply