Heroes Unlimited: The Catsiverse Role Call

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Spectrum

Re: Heroes Unlimited: The Catsiverse Role Call

Post by Spectrum » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:15 pm

Some great Palladium artwork in there.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.

Red

Post by Red » Fri May 19, 2017 6:11 am

Hello, I'm Red, I saw on the RoninArmy PbP recruitment thread that you're open to recruits, and since I'm out of school it's now easier for me to keep up with play by post games and this sounds really interesting and up my alley. This is the first time I've ever applied to a PbP game but I've been playing M&M in person for a few years collectively in college rpg groups.

I had a hard time picking one of my redemption characters to post for this, I picked the one that hopefully has the strongest motivations even if she is an assassin character like Portia

Cobalt
Expert Knife Fighter, PL10
Name : Rianka Kuninsky / Alias: Cobalt
Appearance: Atheltic, Dark blue hair (dyed), Brown / Red Eyes (Contacts)

Abilities: 32
Strength 2, Stamina 1, Agility 4, Dexterity 2, Fighting 4, Intellect 1, Awareness 2, Presence 0

Skills: 27
Acrobatics 6 (+10), Atheltics 4 (+6), Deception 4 (+4. Expertise: Assassins 4 (+5), Insight 6 (+8), Investigation 2 (+3), Perception 6 (+8), Persusasion 4 (+4), Stealth 3 (+7), Vehicles 2 (+6),

Advantages: 42 (*, from power)
Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Assessment, Benefit: Ambidextrous, Close Attack 6*, Connected, Defensive Roll 6, Equipment 9, Improved Crit 4: All In Strike, Improved Initiative, Jack-of-All-Trades, Luck 1, Sidekick 19, Throwing Mastery 4*, Language 1

Languages Known: Russian (Native Tongue), French (Learned from the age of 5 at her orphange), English (Taught alongisde french)

Powers: 26
Expert Knife Fighter (Enhanced Advantage) (12 pp)
Advantage: Close Combat 6, Penetrating 5, Innate

Specialty Knifes (Array) (Easily Removable) (14pp (22 - 6 )
Killing Blow - Strength Based Damage 8 (DC 25, Improved Crit: 4, Side Effect: On Miss - Vulnerable) (1 pp)
Poisoned Dagger - Affliction 10 (DC 20 Fortitude, Progressive, Unreliable (5 Uses) (20 pp)
Throwing Daggers (Strength Based Damage 4 DC 21+4 (25), Reach 4 (20 Feet), Richet 3 (3 Bounces), Throwing Mastery 4 ) 1 pp

Equipment: 18
Motorcyle (Speed 6 (120 mph)
Knife (Strength Based Damage 4, Improved Crit 1)
Sword (Strength-Based Damage 5, Improved Crit 1)
Smoke Bomb (Concealment from visual senses)
Flash Bang (Dazzle 4)

Defenses: 29
Toughness 6/1, Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude 10, Will 10

Abilities 32 + Powers 26 + Advantages 42 + Skills 27 + Defenses 29

Complications:
Motivation - Responsibility: After deciding that she was going to leave the Void* and take her adoptive daughter / sister Mercy she has resolved herself set a good example for Mercy and protect her from the Void and any other group that might try and turn her down the same dark path that Cobalt made in her youth.
Motivation - Guilt: After spending the better part of her life as a thief and killer for the Void now that she is out she feels a terrible guilt about all the blood on her hands, being a good guy and using her skills for the greater good makes her feel (slightly) better about herself
Relationship: Mercy - Mercy is Cobalt's adoptive daughter / adopted younger sister and Cobalt would do anything (anything)) to protect her and keep her safe.
Enemy - Void: The organization of thieves and killers with a habit of recruiting young children off the street and turning them into killing machines. Nobody leaves the void so they've been chasing Cobalt and Mercy since they left.
Reputation - Killer for Hire: Cobalt spent the better part of the decade as a contract killer for the Void, she's has a bad reputation and is wanted in multiple countries.
Conditioning - Like every person in the void, Cobalt was subjected to the intense conditoning process that the Void uses to instill loyalty. She believes she has developed mental blocks to the conditioning but she still has deep-seated mental triggers (Trigger Phrase: Cobalt please listen closely to me) anyone who knows this phrase could try and gain control of her.

* The Void is my head cannon organization for this character I can share information with you or you can replace it with Arachnos or any similar baddy group in your universe.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Assassin-in-Training, Sidekick, buily ~ PL 8
Name : Olivia Haster / Alias: Mercy
Hair: Black, Eyes: Green, Short slender but athletic

Mercy

Abilities: 20
Strength 3/1, Stamina 2, Agility 4/3, Dexterity 3/1, Fighting 6/4, Intellect -1, Awareness 0, Presence 0

Skills: 27
Acrobatics 4 (+6/10), Atheltics (+4/1), Deception 4 (+4. Expertise: Assassins 4 (+5), Insight 6 (+8), Investigation 2 (+3), Perception 6 (+8), Persusasion 4 (+4), Stealth 4 (+8), Vehicles 2 (+6), Ranged Combat: Heavy Pistol +11/+9

Advantages: 20 (*From Powers)
Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Close Attack 4, Defensive Attack, Improved Initative, Luck, Equipment 7, Improved Crit 2: Knife*, Improved Crit 2: Heavy Pistol, Fearless*, Throwing Mastery 2*

Powers: 16
Powerful Conditioning [Linked Effects] (16 pp)
Enhanced Traits: Acrobatics +4, Agility +1, Athletics +4, Dexterity +2, Fighting +2, Parry +2, Ranged Combat: Heavy Pistol +2 (6 pp)
Activation: Move Action (Someone Must speak the trigger phrase), Side effect: Always Becomes Controlled (by whoever spoke the trigger phrase)
Immunity 5: Mental Effects (5 pp)
Enhanced Advantage: Fearless, Improved Crit 2: Heavy Pistol, Improved Crit 2: Knife (5 pp) Reach 4 (20 feet), Ricochet 1 (1 Bounce)

Equipment: 18
Motorcyle (Speed 6 (120 mph)
Throwing Daggers ( Strength-Based Damage 4 DC 22+2 (24), Throwing Mastery
Heavy Pistol (Blast 4 DC 19)
Knife (Strength Based Damage 4 DC 20/22, Improved Crit 1)

Defenses: 26
Dodge 11/10, Parry 14/10, Fortitude 8, Toughness 6/2, Will 7

Abilities 20+ Powers 16 + Advantages 20+ Skills 13+ Defenses 26

Complications:
Motivation - Thrills: Mercy just feels like she is a normal everyday teenager with a ultra badass assassin older sister / surrogate mom and mad skillz of her very own. She really enjoys being a good guy for a change it's a lot of fun and it means that normal hot guys will want to date her, not just the hot evil guys.
Enemy - Void: The organization of thieves and killers with a habit of recruiting young children off the street and turning them into killing machines. Nobody leaves the void so they've been chasing Cobalt and Mercy since they left.
Reputation - Killer for Hire: Cobalt spent the better part of the decade as a contract killer for the Void, she's has a bad reputation and is wanted in multiple countries.
Addiction - Drug Cocktail - As part of her conditioning, Mercy was left with an addiction to the drug cocktail that helped give her, her enhanced physical and mental powers. The drugs are expensive and without a regular hit she goes into horrible withdrawls
Conditioning - Mercy was treated like every young Voidling was treated to harash conditioning, Mercy's was even harsher than Cobalt's including intense drug use to increase her mental and physical skills. Anyone who knows the trigger phrase (Have Mercy, please Flau, listen) anyone who knows this can trigger and control Mercy. Cobalt knows this phrase and she doesn't know who else may know it.)

Background: (Cobalt and Mercy's shared background this can be altered if you would rather the organization be one of your own creation just let me know)

Rianka was born in Moscow right at the fall of the Soviet Union. Her parents were very poor and she spent the first five years of her life barely able to survive, especially in the winter. On her sixth birthday a man in a nice suit, with a fake eye approached her parents and offered them a way out of poverty. If they sold him their daughter, then she would be safe, schooled abroad and live and her parents would be able to move to the United States and start all over.

Her parents were reluctant, of course, but their country was in a state of chaos and Rianka probably wouldn't survive another winter with barely enough food and warm clothes. So they agreed, Rianka was whisked away like a fairy tale princess to her new home in an abandoned castle in the French countryside. The castle belonged to the man who brought her there, his name was Ortoroz and he kept good on his promise. He, along with others taught her French as well as English. She was taught how to read and write and everything else a normal kid would learn.

However, she, like all the young children were taught... other skills as well, they were taught how to pick pockets, sneak into buildings and most importantly, how to kill. Every "voidling" as they were called was taught according to what Ortoroz thought was best for them, for Rianka it was the art of the blade, knives to be more exact. The training was intense, and it included 'conditioning" to make the children intensely loyal to the Void, as the community was called.

Rianka took to murder like a young duckling takes to water. She excelled in her classes and she was good at her job. She murdered who Ortoroz told her to and she felt no guilt.

That all changed when she met a young homeless girl in New York City named Olivia. She was only 5 at the time and she was begging for money on the street, with no parents to be seen. Rianka felt terrible, and without the consent she brought Olivia back to the castle in secret and taught her between jobs. Feeding her from the Void cafeteria all hiding it from Ortoroz, or so Rianka thought. For years this went on, but when Rianka would be away Olivia would be subjected to the same harsh conditioning as everyone else. It was even worse for her, as Ortoroz selected her as his guinea pig for intense drug therapy to breed a new breed of killers for his "family"

Rianka found out almost on accident, when she finished a job early and came back to share souvenirs with Olivia to see her brutally murder another student in a drug fueled rage. Rianka was furious, she thought Olivia was too pure for that life. Ortoroz exerted his conditioning on Rianka to get her to back down, but, in a moment of clarity she broke through, and fled the castle with a 13 year old Olivia

For three years they've been on the run from the Void at first trying to keep a low profile but someone from the void would find them regardless of how underground they went. So soon Rianka decided that the only way to escape from the void was to destory it, and so she, and Olivia decided to cleanse themselves of their sins by destroying the organization that created them.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this concept does not work, here are a few others I can post if you want that I didn't go with for one reason or another

Hellion - A young witch bonded to a demon because she got fooled into becoming the demon's plaything, she spent years with no control over her body during the nightime hours but she finally managed to wrest control back and now seeks redemption (Felt this was too similar to Sebastian)

Wildcard - A long time criminal someone who felt she was just too powerful to be stopped, but then someone died, and she never intended that so she has decided to try and clean up her act (She is touched based Power Mimicry, I wasn't sure that would be accepted)

Cassidy Black - An Immortal, Ageless cowboy who found the fountain of youth in his hayday and drunk from it to gain immortality. Only to learn that as time went on, everything he ever cared about died, he threw his life down a bottle and into war after war and if there was peacetime, he used his gunslinging skills as a contract killer. Lately he's been haunted by terrible nightmares of the pits of hell and the void. He's taken it as a message from God to clean up his act. (Didn't use because the motivation seemed weak and Sebastian is an ageless character as well.)

MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:05 am

MacynSnow wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:18 pm
THE HOOLIGAN (Daniel "Chance" Harper) Occupation:Ex-Irish Mob Enforcer/"Hero-For-Hire"
Quote:I've always wanted to do right in life. But the wanting and the doing aren't quite the same thing.
Abilities: 74
STRENGTH 12 STAMINA 11 AGILITY 1 FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0 INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills: 9
Expertise: Criminal 4 (+4), Intimidation 11 (+14), Investigation 5 (+5), Perception 2 (+4), Stealth 4 (+5), Ranged Combat(Improvised Objects) 6(+14?)

Advantages: 16
Chokehold, Contacts, Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Leadership, Power Attack,Fearless, Startle, Ultimate Effort(Toughness),Teamwork,
Languages 3 (French ,Gaelic ,Italian ,German ,Russian)
Powers: 38
Leaping 10
Immunity 9 (Pressure, Heat, Falling Damage,Poison, Disease,)
Power Lifting 4
Protection 1 [extras: Impervious (12)]
Regeneration 2

Defenses: 10
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Toughness 12, Fortitude 12, Will 6

Total: 155

Complications:
Motivation (Redemption)-Chance wants to redeem himself&be a better example to his newborn Daughter....
Responsibility (Wife&child)- Chance would do anything to make sure his Family was taken Care of...
Reputation(Criminal&Thug)-Despite trying to be a good person,he's still seen as an "Irish Mob Enforcer" by a lot of people...
Enemy(Irish Mob)-After he turned his back on them,His old Crew have had it out for him(but won't try to take his Family,as that goes against the Catholic Faith)...

Background:
Chance grew-up in a slightly broken Irish Home(his father was a boxer that died in the ring&his mother was mildly alcholic),and had to help provide for his family at an Early age.He tried to be a good person,he really did,but just couldn't seem to get out from under the Irish Mob influence in his Neighborhood and went to work for them as an Enforcer for "Mean"Joe Finnigan's Crew.He would have been doomed to a Life of Petty Crime&thuggery if hadn't met Lucy O'Toole....
Lucy came from a Family of Cops,so to prove that he was serious about Marring her to her unbelieving Parents he agreed to "Turn Stoolie" and give up Finnigan.He was on his way back to Lucy's house to tell her when a Tanker full of Odd Chemicals Crashed in front of his Motorcycle,hitting him with a Good chunk of the Goo...
he woke up in the Hospital 4 years later and found out that Lucy had married Finnigan(to both Protect him&save her family).Despondent,Chance delved right back into crime,turning into a Super-powered Freelance Mob Enforcer(he refused to work for Finnigan under any circumstances) and did it for several years untill he fell in love again(This time with a Reporter named Kate Whistler,who bore him a Daughter named Elizabeth)....

Personality:
Despite the setback's in his life,Chance refuses to be "Down in the Deep End O' the Pool" and tries to look on the brighter side of things.He used to wear and Pray to Saint Patrick,but after he "Turned Stoolie",he started praying to Saint George(even wearing a Sterling Silver St.George medalion).
When Chance is offered a Case,he'll usually have a "Sit-Down Conversation" with the Party so they can work out payment&such(if the person look's like they can't pay him,he'll even go so far as a Barter System),which sometimes doesn't alway's mean money...
Edit: Forgot to add Languages to his sheet(He was taught in a Catholic School,after all! :)

MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:08 am

Spectrum wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:15 pm
Some great Palladium artwork in there.
Thats one of the things i love 'bout it myself,as i actually play and Run the system occasionally for my group .

Spectrum

Post by Spectrum » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:30 pm

Insert witty remark here to hide that this is a bump. ;)
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.