[IC] Critical Mass

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
FuzzyBoots
Posts: 1549
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [IC] Critical Mass

Post by FuzzyBoots » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:50 pm

Gamemaster - Coriolis

Quickly scanning the exterior of the building, Coriolis found the north-eastern side of the building completely devoid of doors and windows. He also notes Flicker's sudden appearance outside the tower, and then walking through the walls, a weird sensation with Flicker's form disturbing the dull solidness of the walls before he stops somewhere just inside.
OOC wrote:The reaction chamber is sealed off with only internal access, a safety measure against radiation escaping should something go wrong. Just to let you know so that you don't engage in too much fruitless search.

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 1549
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [IC] Critical Mass

Post by FuzzyBoots » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:13 pm

Gamemaster - Harrier

The radio that Harrier picked up crackles to life, the voices gruff and anonymous, all male, a melange of accents.
"Sitrep, people."
"Team 8 exiting via route 3. Rendezvous in five."
"Team 6 via route 2. Sentries unresponsive. The hell was that?"
"Zip it, Team 6! Comms clear until we're out. Execute egress!"
"Team 2, with the remnants of team 1. Request medical evac, holing up in windy city."
"Negative, team 2. Exit by the numbers. Hostage sitrep?"
"Team 8, two hostages, mobile."
"Team 6, one hostage left behind."
"Team 2, four present. Permission to lighten load?"
"Hold off. Don't scramble your eggs yet. Team Zed is taking route 4. No hostages. Whatever the outcome, know the company will have your back, men. Team Zed out."
OOC wrote:Mainly giving you some flavor. As you can probably tell, everything I know about radio communication is from movies... what route are you planning on taking?

User avatar
Poodle
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:59 am

Re: [IC] Critical Mass

Post by Poodle » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:26 pm

Flicker HP 1 Condition: injured.
He drops down to floor level and cautiously puts his face agaist the door of the elevator (at a height where a human face is unlikely to be) and slowly passes his face through it until he can see what is on the other side, in the room that the banging is coming from, avoiding sudden eye-catching movements.
Last edited by Poodle on Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -Albert Einstein

Tugarin (the remake)

Flynnarrel
Posts: 3557
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: [IC] Critical Mass

Post by Flynnarrel » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:45 pm

Coriolis
Def: +13 (23 total to hit) Toughness: 7
Spin Array setting: Straw through Pole


Generally unhappy with the lack of entrances , lack of hostages to help, and lack of hostiles to neutralize, Coriolis looks for a way in to one of the buildings to eventually make his way in to join his fellow heroes.
[Does Coriolis' equipment-bought commlink go to a different channel than Harrier's borrowed radio?]
"Something pithy this way comes."

Prof Weird
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:36 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: [IC] Critical Mass

Post by Prof Weird » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:46 am

Geomancer
HP : 1
Condition : normal

Petra listened to the reports coming over the comm from her teammates.

"Large, very strong brute smashing things up. THAT would be my cue !" she sighed to herself as she 'swam' towards the surface to enter the building by a more conventional (and less destructive) way - smashing up through a floor in the wrong place with something else smashing things can only make things worse.

"Geomancer here." she stated over the comm, "I'm going to enter the building near the Emergency Scrub Area. From the map, it looked like there was a door on the east wall. If there isn't one, I can make one.

Hopefully I can reach the reaction chamber before whatever is in there can do too much more damage. I might have the best chance of 'dealing with it' if things go pear-shaped.

At least that's my idea. Anyone else have anything better ? Over."

She'll be using Stage 2 : Density 9 (STR +18, Super STR +3, Immovable 3, Impervious Prot 4; Mass x 10)
Puts her base STR at 35 (+12 damage), Toughness at +12 (8 Impervious), Super STR 5.

ZenGypsy
Posts: 205
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:29 pm

Re: [IC] Critical Mass

Post by ZenGypsy » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:34 am

Harrier
Hero Points: 1 | Condition: Normal.

Harrier clicked his comm that would connect him to the other's and LeConte's men. "Chatter across the hostile's radio, divided into at least five teams, one of which has sustained casualties, perhaps our large friend in the reactor?" He paused as he tried to sort through the chatter, "Hostages are split between three teams, two are mobile and with one team, the second team is claiming their hostage was left behind, and the third team, likely exiting the Core, is linked up with their own casulaties, but in possession of six of our hostages."

When he heard Geomancer's voice over his radio he responded, "Moving through the turbine room now, door on the upper east side of the room should take me straight to the Core, be careful, team's are executing their extraction plan and are mobile." He rolled the ammunition between his fingers as he moved, expecting these teams to come around the corner any second now. "Meet you at the core Geo."
OOC: Harrier will be moving north along the east wall of the turbine room, until he hits the door that opens into the hall which takes him straight to the core. He's constantly scanning the room, concerned the sounds of the turbines which are concealing his movements are doing the same for the hostiles.

Flynnarrel
Posts: 3557
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: [IC] Critical Mass

Post by Flynnarrel » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:47 pm

Coriolis

"Is there any indication they are working with the green guy?" Corey asks making his way over to where Geomancer described she was ingressing.
"Something pithy this way comes."

ZenGypsy
Posts: 205
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:29 pm

Re: [IC] Critical Mass

Post by ZenGypsy » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:03 am

Harrier
Hero Points: 1 | Condition: Normal.

In response to Coriolis' question, Shepherd thumbed his comm to respond, "Two groups are linking up due to casualties, and that's not the group I took out in the loading bay. So they've encountered resistence somewhere else, that's NOT us. Now, that's just an assumption, we won't know until we get to the core."

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 1549
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [IC] Critical Mass

Post by FuzzyBoots » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:00 am

Flicker

Carefully leaving your face in, breath held as you pass through the solid matter, you like your head out. Three chamber is in shambles, and the reason is obvious. A huge green musclebound hulk is smashing what looks like an array of very expensive scientific equipment. Well, used to be expensive... might still be worth something in scrap if the exotic materials are isolated. Assuming move of them are poisonous or radioactive... Other than the Force of destruction forcefully redecorating, a handful of people in lab coats, most besmirched with dust and slots of blood, after huddled asking the sides of the room, trying to avoid catching the beast's attention. Scattered along the floor are a half dozen figures in tactical gear. At least a few of them seem to be the source of the blood staining the lab coats.

Coriolis / Geomancer

Headed back to the nearest entrance he remembered from the map, the hallway into Reception, Coriolis sees, and feels the moving vibration, a very solid rocky form recognizable as the geokinetic who's arrived before, said stony female apparently contemplating making her own door in the wall.

The police are still standing by, although they're starting to look a little itchy for action.

Harrier

The Turbine room is operating at a deafening roar. Possibly literally... his ears will portably be ringing from this, and that usually meant some amount of damage done to the ears. The southern part of the room is relatively empty, except for sine massive mounting bolts in the floor, but on the northern side, four huge turbines are doing their best impression of oversized jet engines. For the moment, you see no signs of hostiles, but you wouldn't exactly heart them coming.

Gamemaster

The colonoscopy crackle on and LeConte speaks.
"We can't do anything about that creature in the reactor room, I suspect, but we can cover the front entrance and the loading dock. Have a stern talk with the damn fool news copter pilot. Either there's a reporter in the chopper, waiting to get a scoop, or he's inside, thinking he's going to get some action footage..."

User avatar
Poodle
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:59 am

Re: [IC] Critical Mass

Post by Poodle » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:46 am

Flicker cnd injured. HP 0

Flicker teleports past the huge being, striking the nerve clusters he knows are the most debilitating as hard as he can before flickering back to his hidey hole in tbe elevator.
I will power attack for - 5 on my to hit roll/+5dc using my teleport move by attack and my combat acupuncture [drain dexterity DC 23 Fortitude save or lose 13 points of dexterity thanks to power attack.]
Attack: 1d20+7 8
I will spend my HP for a reroll
Attack: 1d20+7 9 Wait a minute! Isn't it +10 for a reroll using a HP..? Is that a 19? I guess if it hits he needs to make a DC 23 fort save vs drain dexterity 13.
There, much better :}
Last edited by Poodle on Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -Albert Einstein

Tugarin (the remake)

Flynnarrel
Posts: 3557
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: [IC] Critical Mass

Post by Flynnarrel » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:01 am

Coriolis.

"Yo, Harrier, report what those badguys are doing to the cops, especially if they're injured and fleeing. We'll deal with the hostile meta." Corey says over all-comms. "Geomancer, making a door is a great idea. We gotta get in there."
"Something pithy this way comes."

ZenGypsy
Posts: 205
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:29 pm

Re: [IC] Critical Mass

Post by ZenGypsy » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:56 am

Harrier
Hero Points: 1 | Condition: Hearing Impaired.

God dammit! Hearing protection! Shepherd winced at the pain, it started in his ear canal, then seemed to burrow deeper until it was a brilliant flash of pain. He crouched low, eye's moving constantly scanning his surroundings as he'd have no visual clues of his attackers whereabouts, and moved with explosive speed towards the far door. His comm crackled, but he couldn't make out the words above the noise of the turbines and didn't want to flood the channel with that same thunderous roar.

When he got to the north-eastern door which would take him down the hallway, past the scrub area and to the core, he peeked, quickly through the small porthole style window to see if the hall was clear before exiting the painfully loud room he was currently in.

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 1549
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [IC] Critical Mass

Post by FuzzyBoots » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:58 pm

Gamemaster - Flicker

Popping into existence beside the figure, repeatedly striking him before popping back, you have a moment before you feel the pain in your fingers. Whatever he's made of, it's tough stuff. You're not certain if he even felt it. Also, he moved that bulk faster than you expected... had you not caught him off guard, he might have dodged entirely.
OOC wrote: That will hit but he passed the save pretty readily.

User avatar
Poodle
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:59 am

Re: [IC] Critical Mass

Post by Poodle » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:22 am

Flicker HP 0, Cnd: injured and apprehensive.

What the hell! Nobody that big should be that fast!
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -Albert Einstein

Tugarin (the remake)

User avatar
Poodle
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:59 am

Re: [IC] Critical Mass

Post by Poodle » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:29 am

Flicker HP0 CND injured.

Flicker teleports into the room looking for the big guy, attempting to trip him as he moves past and back to his hidey hole.
Trip attack: 1d20+16 18 I have +4 to trip attacks thanks to improved trip. I am not sure if it applies to the to-hit roll as well. If not then this is a 14. Wow, abandoned by the dice gods. If that hits then the big guy has to resist a trip attack using dexterity vs Resisted trip roll: 1d20+14 20
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. -Albert Einstein

Tugarin (the remake)

Post Reply