Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
nowhereman2
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 12:55 am

Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

Post by nowhereman2 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:18 pm

This is a game continued from another forum. The link is here https://roninarmy.com/forum/atomic-thin ... -ic-thread

Here is the last post before the move:
[OOC: I am assuming that Poltergeist asked for a check on what was nearby]

You allow your mind to wander into your spirit thralls. It takes a moment to flit your way through the local populace. The time was moving on toward 10 AM now. The streets were filled with the standard local bustle. Most people have little to no actual cash on them of course.

The first thing you notice is that, in the shopping mall you were surveilling earlier, several people happen to have wallets with varying amounts of cash. Most people use credit and debit of course, but a few people carry a substantial amount of cash averaging $60 per person, with a few carrying as much as $500. These are spread out among pockets, purses, and the like.

The second option you notice is that a local payday loan center is currently having a money transfer. The armored car is out front and one of its two occupants is currently inside having the manager sign paperwork. The doors are closed and locked. There are several suitcases of money inside. Each case is made of metal. [Passive perception: The doors are made of thick metal. It would take a substantial feat of strength to tear the doors off. Not impossible, but difficult at a distance of one mile.] You are just within range of the vehicle for an attempt to take an item or two.

The third option you notice is that there appears to be a small drug den operating out of a local house. Unlike most of the other options, there are no safes, no security (of the legal variety), and no cameras. The money is in cash, mostly crinkled and stained. There are several people present, a drug dealer, two people trying to buy, and three gang members currently carrying weapons (an uzi, a desert eagle, and a shotgun). They have around 40k in bills you estimate. They are also the closest option as they are only 500 yards away. [OOC: your dynamic array would have an effective strength modifier of 3]
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 2317
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:01 am

The Occultist | Vincent Katz
Status: Fine
HP: 1
-~-

"Nothing ventured, nothing gained..." Who said he had to fo us on just one of theae prime choices? If one fails, simply try the other. The chance of his actual location being discovered is largely minimal anyway, if he was careful that is.

Foccusing through the ghosts eyes, he will her to gently frisk one for the key to their van, so he might simply unlock it from the outside.
Sleight of Hand: 18
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
  • Tough Stuff / Cindy Caramel
  • The Everlasting Warrior / Dai Jin
  • Shadowdancer / Alanari Fal'll
  • Mergebane / Osamu Ryou
  • Elizabeth Walsh
  • GM of The New Mythos

nowhereman2
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 12:55 am

Re: Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

Post by nowhereman2 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:58 am

Doctor Malsyn wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:01 am
The Occultist | Vincent Katz
Status: Fine
HP: 1
-~-

"Nothing ventured, nothing gained..." Who said he had to fo us on just one of theae prime choices? If one fails, simply try the other. The chance of his actual location being discovered is largely minimal anyway, if he was careful that is.

Foccusing through the ghosts eyes, he will her to gently frisk one for the key to their van, so he might simply unlock it from the outside.
Sleight of Hand: 18
[DC 20 for pick-pocketing the armored car operator. One degree of failure]

You direct your spirit thrall to grab the key. As it pulls, the key seems attached to a retractable thread. As the armored car operator, a middle aged black man, looks toward his keys. The ghost quickly lets go. The operator none the wiser as to what had just happened.

"Ok... have you looked at the updated conditions of insurance? I can't make the transfer without a signature first." On the ground you see what appears to be a lock-box with the emblem of the security company that owns the truck.

The manager, a woman in her early thirties, replies "If you say it costs nothing extra and you will still cover my money, then I will sign."

"Like I was saying, it shouldn't affect your operations, but I have to point out the list of requirements for full coverage to be applied..." They argue for a few moments more. The manager clearly going to sign, but making a hassle of it for now.

[OOC: You can make another attempt at grabbing the key, or you can try waiting until he opens the doors for the transfer.]
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 2317
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:48 am

The Occultist | Vincent Katz
Status: Fine
HP: 1
-~-

He scowls as he feels the girl's fingers hesitating with her task. When he orders her to do it again, he yanks on that chain just a little too hard.
Sleight of Hand: 16 Urgh.... When that one inevitably fails, he'll only keep the ghost up long enough to make sure there's no fallout he can't survive from.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
  • Tough Stuff / Cindy Caramel
  • The Everlasting Warrior / Dai Jin
  • Shadowdancer / Alanari Fal'll
  • Mergebane / Osamu Ryou
  • Elizabeth Walsh
  • GM of The New Mythos

jmucchiello
Posts: 321
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:59 pm

Re: Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

Post by jmucchiello » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:15 pm

Breach
HP: 1

"Let's stop sitting around," she says. "We should start heading toward the place while your spirits are doing their thing."

User avatar
Loneclaw
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:07 pm

Re: Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

Post by Loneclaw » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:42 pm

Massari the Alien Hedonist
HP: 1
Status: Impatient
~~~

"I agree!" Says the Va'kar with a nod. "I want to go out and actually do something."

---
OOC;
Last edited by Loneclaw on Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

nowhereman2
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 12:55 am

Re: Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

Post by nowhereman2 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:56 pm

[Pickpocket 16, DC 20, One Degree of Failure]

This time the key was tugged, the armored car operator seems more greatly perturbed. "What is that?", he says. He looks around the room.

"Excuse me..." The manager interrupts the operators look around. "I think I can sign this for now, but I want a number I can call for future transfers."

"Look..." The operator catches himself. Something clearly bothering him. "Here. This is the number you are supposed to call for future reference." He motions on her copy of the (now signed) insurance agreement.

"I will make sure I do." The manager gestures toward the secure transfer case on the ground. The operator does his best impression of a man who gives a damn and takes the case.

Over the radio, the operator says "I am moving the secure cargo into the back of the van."

Reply: "Got it. Recorded. Go ahead."

[OOC: If you want to make an attempt to take an item while the doors are open, all future stealth checks will have a -2 circumstance penalty]
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 2317
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:35 pm

The Occultist | Vincent Katz
Status: Fine
HP: 1
-~-

"Useless...! Damnit, get back here." The chains that bound her yanked, and in an instant she was locked within himself as punishment. Perhaps nexf time she would prove to be more subtle.

"New plan." Vincent turned around to face his fellow criminals. "I bet all of you want a chance to stretch your muscles, Hm? There's a drug den not far from here with about forty thousand in cash. Not pretty looking money perhaps, but green is green. I propose we take them by surprise, hit them hard and fast, get what we need, and leave them for the heroes to mop up after leaving."
Sorry boss man, I'm not liking his odds on that one.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
  • Tough Stuff / Cindy Caramel
  • The Everlasting Warrior / Dai Jin
  • Shadowdancer / Alanari Fal'll
  • Mergebane / Osamu Ryou
  • Elizabeth Walsh
  • GM of The New Mythos

User avatar
Loneclaw
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:07 pm

Re: Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

Post by Loneclaw » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:54 am

Massari the Alien Hedonist
HP: 1
Status: Eager
~~~

"Yes!" Massari replies aloud, her tail almost looking like it's wagging. "Let's do that!"

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 1260
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Scylla

Post by Camus » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:48 pm

"Finally some action!" exclaims the nereid, her eyes glittering with delight. She promptly undresses from her prison outfit, her body blue like a deep pond. Her body, while provocative, was concealed with scales and verdant algae that wrapped around her waist and torso. "Ah much better." she says with relief, as she shakes, much like a sea lion out of the water, spraying salty sea water around.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

nowhereman2
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 12:55 am

Re: Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

Post by nowhereman2 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:25 am

{OOC: I am waiting on everyone agreeing upon a course of action.]
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum

jmucchiello
Posts: 321
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:59 pm

Re: Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

Post by jmucchiello » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:33 am

Breach

"I say we go to the drug den. They might have more firepower but it won't attract a lot of police attention like going after an armored car."

nowhereman2
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri May 03, 2019 12:55 am

Re: Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

Post by nowhereman2 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:54 am

Poltergeist can convey this information however he chooses. The Drug den has the following map:

Image

The map details only the general setup of large furniture and objects. For additional details, do a perception or investigation check. The map shows all doors direction of opening (inside or outside). Unless otherwise stated, all doors are closed.

General description of the house:
The building has a number of doors and windows (windows in blue). There is also a garage door (in grey). The rooms are as follows:
  • Bedrooms (grey)
  • Bathroom (White)
  • Hallway (Pink)
  • Kitchen (Green)
  • Garage (Goldenrod)
  • Dining room (Dark Blue)
  • Family Room (Lt Green)
  • Living Room (Reddish Brown)
  • House walls (black)
  • Concrete Walls (Grey)
This seems to have been a house that once held a family. Now, it is dilapidated and unkempt. There is old garbage and partially eaten food containers everywhere, particularly in the kitchen and family room. The beds are rotted and torn. The bathroom is... well... The couches are much cleaner and usable compared to the rest of the furniture and are sat around a flat screen TV (grey line in map). The living room has several weapons strewn across two tables in various states of repair. These weapons are mostly small arms pistols and knives. The dining room has some drugs and loose cash strewn across the table. The bills are of various denominations and there is a small food scale. The garage seems to be where deals are run out of. The table is much cleaner than the rest of the house. Much of the garage is clean... or actually empty of everything. There are beers and other consumables, but largely missing from the area. Each room has some amount of cash, but the largest single stash is in this room. The stash is made up of three or four stacks of cash. It is unclear exactly how much cash is in there, but these stacks may contain 20-40k in cash (depending upon denominations).

The current locations of the occupants are as follows:
  • Drug dealer, two guards (Shotgun, Desert Eagle), one buyer (Garage)
  • Guard (Uzi), other buyer (Family Room)
The guards (2 male, 1 female) are what could be expected of a low level drug operation. They wear no body armor (visible), and have little to no gun etiquette. The two buyers (both female) are ravaged by their choice of recreation to varying degrees. The dealer seems clean-ish. He definitely uses, but appears sober right now.

[OOC: I can give additional details, but will wait until you ask a specific question.]
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 2317
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:34 pm

The Occultist | Vincent Katz
Status: Fine
HP: 1
-~-

Guiding his assigned partners out of the warehouse and in the den's location, he goes over the information he's already gathered. "...Four in the garage area, two thugs, the buyer, and the dealer. Two in the room at the hallways in, another thug and a buyer. I propose I hit the ones in he garage while the rest of you barge in through he front door, catch them off guard for those vital few seconds."

Investigation of the area, anything dangerous and risk worthy: 16
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
  • Tough Stuff / Cindy Caramel
  • The Everlasting Warrior / Dai Jin
  • Shadowdancer / Alanari Fal'll
  • Mergebane / Osamu Ryou
  • Elizabeth Walsh
  • GM of The New Mythos

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 1260
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Scylla

Post by Camus » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:15 pm

Doctor Malsyn wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:34 pm
The Occultist | Vincent Katz
Status: Fine
HP: 1
-~-

Guiding his assigned partners out of the warehouse and in the den's location, he goes over the information he's already gathered. "...Four in the garage area, two thugs, the buyer, and the dealer. Two in the room at the hallways in, another thug and a buyer. I propose I hit the ones in he garage while the rest of you barge in through he front door, catch them off guard for those vital few seconds."

Investigation of the area, anything dangerous and risk worthy: 16
"Hm, very well, we shall follow thy approach for now." The nereid agrees. Lazily lifting her right hand Scylla intones a short spell, on a language both deep and elegant but also dark and frightening.
The door, made of biological cellulose, melts into water under the spell of the atlanteans.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

Post Reply