[IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
User avatar
Loneclaw
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:07 pm

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Loneclaw » Fri May 17, 2019 12:22 pm

Melanie "Arachne" Rogers
HP: 1
Status: Getting Ready
---

"I've never used my webbing offensively, so I'm not so sure I could use it very effectively at all from a distance." Melanie replies to the two, and then she ponders on the subject briefly. "Though if I manage to nab one of them, I should easily be able to wrap them up."

The drider then thinks again before finally saying, "Yeah, I think I'll go with that!"

And then she moves just out of view from the stairwell, but stays close enough that she'll still be able to easily grab anyone who comes down.

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1855
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by catsi563 » Fri May 17, 2019 5:49 pm

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: Terrifying

taking a soft breath Cheyenne placed herself squarely on the stairwell in such a fashion as to say you STOP HERE. Placing her hands akimbo on her hips. She planted her feet and gave whoever was coming down the stairs as intimidating a glare as she could.

She also coincidently placed herself in such a way that whoever came down the stair had to stop directly under Arachnes web making them an easy target for her new friend.

try to help set the newcomers up for arachnie by making them stop right beneath her
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 2193
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Fri May 17, 2019 7:24 pm

Right off the bat as two teens make their way out of the seccond floor, a white male and a black female, they are instantly hit with Coppper's cone of gas. The boy seems to shrug it off long enough to push through, while the other finds herself completely unable to move from the paralytic gas. Velari manages to take advantage of their confusion by landing two heavy hits to their noggins, causing them to slump to the ground. Two more sets of doors open upstairs, and looking up reveals one directly above and two more coming from the fourth floor.

One of the two, a woman with a black leather jacket to match her raven hair peaks over the banister railing with a scowl's around a ciggerate. Copper recognizes this woman who was smoking at a window from his brief flight around the building. "Dammit, who the hell are those assholes?"

Removing her smoke long enough to take a hit of her Mage's Breath, her hands shroud themselves in ash before she launches a clot of it downward. Just on the edge of the Floor 2 railing it explodes in a cloud of hot ash, irritating the eyes and lungs of those in range.
Resist Slow Gas: 20, 6
Toughness: 8, 17

Ranged Area Burst: 21
30 ft. Burst (DC 15 Fortitude, 1st degree only: Impaired) for all but Felix. This counts as a Fire effect.


Spelljunkie (Female, white): 21 (90 ft.Tto ground floor, 60ft. Up vertically)
Male: 17 (60 ft. to Ground floor 45ft. Up vertically)
Cheyenne: 15
Arachne: 11
Felix: 13
Delancey: 10
Copper: 7

Male: 5 (90 ft. to Ground floor, 60ft. Up vertically)
Velari: 3

KO:
???: (Female, Black) Knocked Out, No Movement, ???
???: (Male, White) Knocked out, ???
Spelljunkie (Male, white): Knocked out
Spelljunkie (Male, black): Knocked out, electrical burns, Mage's Breath: Static Shock
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Fri May 17, 2019 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

------------
Who do I play?

User avatar
Loneclaw
Posts: 72
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:07 pm

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Loneclaw » Fri May 17, 2019 8:03 pm

Melanie "Arachne" Rogers
HP: 1
Status: Fighting!
---

Melanie manages to shield her face as the ash hits them all.

Unsure what to do and in an attempt to think on her 'feet', the drider shoots a large web past the leather-clad lady in an attempt to block off the staircase (and any opening that she can see) behind her and slow down those coming from above.

---
OOC;
Dodge: 1d20+8 25
Fortitude: 1d20+8 14 - Thank goodness I succeeded on that Dodge check! :D
Also, this is the first time I've ever used Create, so I'm not 100% sure if this is the proper use of that power.

User avatar
Bladewind
Posts: 2170
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Bladewind » Fri May 17, 2019 8:52 pm

"Copper"
Cond: Normal
HP: 2

Fortitude: 1d20+9 19
(Copper has a 5 pt Fire Immunity - posted a roll anyway just in case you judge he`d need the 10 pt immunity to shake it off)
Thorpocalypse wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm
Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1900
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by EpicEclipse » Sat May 18, 2019 5:02 am

Velari Larosa
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Velari throws up her arms to defend herself, but still manages to breath in a fair amount of the sooty ash, coughing as she focuses on not losing her grip on the wall. Fortunately, she didn't seem to get too much of a dose and was able to clear it from her airways in quick order.
Dodge vs ashes: 1d20+6 23
Fort vs ashes: 1d20+9 13 That's a fail Success
Last edited by EpicEclipse on Sat May 18, 2019 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JDRook
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:57 pm
Location: The Calgary Rift - City of Monsters

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by JDRook » Sat May 18, 2019 9:53 am

Delancey
HP:1
Condition: Normal
Status: Getting to her feet

That lightning bolt had come much closer than she expected. She''d seen a few others having bad or violent reactions to street drugs, but they rarely had much control. Often it was easy to contain them until they tired themselves out and calmed down, but this looked like it wasn't going to be easy.
Doctor Malsyn wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 7:24 pm
"Dammit, who the hell are those assholes?"
Coming back to the present, Delancey looks up -- and gets a face full of ash for her trouble.
Wiping the soot from her face, she flies up and extends a wide shield across the stairwell, a glowing lens shape from her right hand reaching wall to wall. With her left hand, she makes a smaller personal shield and watches the entrance to the 2nd floor.
OOC wrote:Reconfigure D-Array as a Free Action:
10p - 5 ranks of Impervious Close Create
2p - 1 rank Flight
8p - 4 ranks Impervious Protection
Move Action: Fly up to position above and opposite the 2nd floor doorway to the stairs
Standard Action: Create Shield of Light to block the stairway above 2nd floor completely.
Free Action: Turn on personal shield
Notes for later: Reminder to rebuild personal shield as Dodge/Parry bonus

User avatar
Arkrite
Posts: 1425
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:16 pm
Location: Canada

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Arkrite » Sat May 18, 2019 2:28 pm

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.

Felix watches as everybody charges up the stairs.

Weren't they going to wait here to fight the thugs? He winced as the landing above exploded with flame and ash, the aims his staff to fire a blast of energy up the stairs... just in time to see the forcefield go up blocking his shot.
Hesitating again he frowns then heads up the stairs to join the others.

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1855
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by catsi563 » Sat May 18, 2019 6:44 pm

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: Fighting

The cloud of burning ash and smoke stung a bit but shed had worse in boot camp, and barely rated a tear from her eyes which smudged the soot on her face. though she snarled in an almost feral fashion at it, Idiots could set the bloody building on fire if they weren't careful and they didn't seem like the types to care about fire safety.

Flexing her knees slightly Cheyenne angled herself upwards and then launched herself straight at the fourth floor railing without a hint of effort where she grabbed it and vaulted over it driving both feet squarely into hotstuffs face.


Cheys Fort save Roll(1d20)+10: 13,+10 Total:23 no worries

Cheys gonna press the attack shell jump up and deck the woman Roll(1d20)+6: 14,+6 Total:20 nothing subtle here DC 25 if that hits

Just for clarity her leaping ability should be more then sufficient to cover the distance
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 2193
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Sun May 19, 2019 3:13 am

The woman's head snaps backward with an cracking noise, sending her straight to the ground in a boneless heap. The eyes of the man next to her go wide at the sight. He first turns as if to flee out into the hallwaybefore, but Arachne's webs weave into action just behind him. A glance over the stairwell, he spots the shimmering glow of Delancey's barrier. "J-J-Jesus Christ! There's no way you're cops, are-"

His breath catches, and he reaches for his own inhaler. "You're-! You're the Mazerunners aren't you?! Shit, I swear to god we thought you abandoned this place, please I swear we didn't know! Just... Don't kill me!"

Down below, out of earshot from what's happening upstairs, Felix is the first to notice this hiss of an inhaler being used. He's able to turn around just in time to see a scrawny girl, maybe ffteen at best, open her mouth wide enough that her jaw actually pops. And then the screaming starts!
Toughness: 7 SMASHing success, but at what cost...?!

Avian Screech: Cone Area Damage 5! From my count this includes Felix, but excludes Delancey and Chey.
DC 20 on your toughness check, and a 15 on your dodge checks please. DC 18 Damage if you pass, we'll round up this time.
Apologies Arachne, but it seems you like you missed someone. ;)

Spelljunkie (Male): 17 (60 ft. to Ground floor 45ft. Up vertically)
Cheyenne: a he i5
Arachne: 11
Felix: 13
Delancey: 10
Copper: 7
Spelljunkie (Male): 5 (90 ft. to Ground floor, 60ft. Up vertically), Surrendering?
Scrawny Girl: 4 (Ground floor!)
Velari: 3

KO:
???: (Female, Black) Knocked Out, No Movement, ???
???: (Male, White) Knocked out, ???
Spelljunkie (Male, white): Knocked out
Spelljunkie (Male, black): Knocked out, electrical burns, Mage's Breath: Static Shock

???:
Spelljunkie (Female, white): ???, Mage's Breath; Ash Bomb
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

------------
Who do I play?

User avatar
Arkrite
Posts: 1425
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:16 pm
Location: Canada

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Arkrite » Sun May 19, 2019 8:59 pm

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
Status: Injured 1, Dazed
HP: 1


Felix turns in time to see the teenager starting her scream and immediately the metal arms snap out from his coat and into place over his ears.

Unfortunately there are two problems with this plan. One the arms vibrate with the force of the attack, and two the manipulators weren't designed to actually cover a person's ears, leaving them largely wide open.

Felix spins in a circle, clutching at an ear with his left hand in pain while cursing and swearing then entire time.

"Ow, goddamit! The hell was that for!" He yells, snapping his attention to the girl, "That fricken' hurts!"

Leveling his staff at the girl with his right hand he fires a clumsy blast in her direction, "How do you like it? Ya little jerk!"
OOC: DC15 Dodge Save DC20/18 toughness save: 1d20+7 25 1d20+8 11
Success on Dodge, failure by 7 on toughness. Injured and Dazed.
Standard action to attack the Teen.
Attack on Teenager Toughness DC 23: 1d20+8 17

User avatar
Bladewind
Posts: 2170
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Bladewind » Mon May 20, 2019 11:28 pm

"Copper"
Cond: Bruised (-1)
HP: 2

Dodge DC 18: 1d20+18 26
Toughness: 1d20+8-1 26

The dragon leaps up and completely out of the woman's avian screech, the noise having zero effect on him.
Last edited by Bladewind on Tue May 21, 2019 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm
Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document

EpicEclipse
Posts: 1900
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by EpicEclipse » Tue May 21, 2019 12:17 am

Velari Larosa
1 :HP ο COND: -1 Damage Res(Regens on her turn)
Dodge: 1d20+6 12
Toughness: 1d20+6 18 One injury, which will heal up on her turn, so, that's cool.
Velari sort of ripples with the sonic scream as she throws her hands up over her ears. "Wait! We're not Mazerunners!" she shouts, trying to raise her voice over the screaming.

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 2193
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Tue May 21, 2019 12:38 am

"I don't care who the hell you are, just, please god don't kill us!" The man on the first landing above you cries, getting down on his knees and putting his hands behind his head in surrender. He clearly has no wish to provoke the Amazonian woman he's now trapped with along with his compatriot.

Felix is able to take out the teenager, clumsy as he is. It's clear to him by this point that none of these kids have actual combat experience and were acting by the seat of their pants.

With the only two remaining members having voiced their unwillingness to fight further, it falls onto the group of monstrous heroes to make the next move. By Cheyenne's feet, the woman she leaped up and kicked still lays motionless.
Toughness: 17 And that's a wrap!

Combat Effectively Over, though Arachne still needs to make saves for that last screech attack.

Surrendered:
Spelljunkie (Male, Asian): Mage's Breath; ?
Spelljunkie (Male, White): Mage's Breath; ?

KO:
Spelljunkie: (Female, Black) Knocked Out, Mage's Breath; ?
Spelljunkie: (Male, White) Knocked out, Mage's Breath; ?
Spelljunkie (Male, white): Knocked out
Spelljunkie (Male, black): Knocked out, electrical burns, Mage's Breath; Static Shock
Spelljunkie (Female, White): Scrawny, Mage's Breath; Avian Screech

???:
Spelljunkie (Female, white): ???, Mage's Breath; Ash Bomb
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

------------
Who do I play?

User avatar
Bladewind
Posts: 2170
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Bladewind » Tue May 21, 2019 12:48 am

"Copper"
Cond: Bruised (-1)
HP: 2

Copper wanders over to the one near Cheyenne and gently prods with his snout, sniffing at her to see if she's responsive...
Thorpocalypse wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm
Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document

Post Reply