Fantastic Heroes & Witchery "Rogues Gallery" (LOTR)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
MisterB

Fantastic Heroes & Witchery "Rogues Gallery" (LOTR)

Post by MisterB » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:28 am

This is a new thread I am starting to go hand in handiwth the new thread I have started in the gamers handbook index of the forums. This will be my repository for my characters, npcs, monsters, villain's. And conversions of popular media characterization into the game system. Such as Lord of the rings.
Last edited by MisterB on Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fantastic Heroes & Witchery
The Rogues Gallery
The Rules Encyclopedia

MisterB/JoshuaDunlow from ATT and Ronin.
Old third Edition Archive

MisterB

Re: Fantastic Heroes & Witchery "Rogues Gallery"

Post by MisterB » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:39 am

Place holder for index
The Rogues Gallery
The Rules Encyclopedia

MisterB

Personal Character

Post by MisterB » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:51 am

Halagrid Faircrow
Level 1 Human Ranger, with the Forester background.
Social Origin: Middle-class (successful)
Age 23, Height 6'3, Weght 235 lbs, Eyes Hazel, Hair Dark Brown.
Features bent nose, hawkish features, full beard kept trimmed, and a scar cutting his left brw in half and one scar down his right cheek.

Abilities
Strength 14 (+1), Dexterity 16 (+2), Constitution 14 (+1), Intelligence 10 (0), Wisdom 14 (+1), Charisma 10 (0)

Combat
Wound Points 6, Hit points 7, Hit dice 1d10
BtH +1 (+2 melee, +3 missile)
Saves 16 (class provides +2 strength and Constitution),
AC 16 (studded leather and small shield)

Weapon Proficiencies
Battle Axe, Dagger, Long spear, Short-bow

Class Features
1. Animal Empathy (-1 save every 3 ranger levels)
2. Combat Maurader , +1 to hit Giants and humanoids
3. Hunting skills, add level to rolls. Climbing, stealth, survival, tracking

Equipment (85 enc)
Studded leather (+3 ac) and small shield (+1 ac), Woodsman's Axe (as battle Axe, 1d8/1d10, speed 7), Hunting Knife (as Dagger, 1d4, speed 2), Hunting Spear (as long spear, 1d8, speed 8), Short-bow (1d6, speed 6)
Explorers outfit, bed roll, 4 pitons, tent, 3 days trail rations, 3 torches, small back-pack, belt pouch, quiver with 20 arrows, waterskin

Background
Halagrid is the older son of a successful militant, a captain of the guard. Though Halagrids interest always took him away from home to travel and live in the wilds, he learned from other rangers and foresters his own way of keeping his town safe from home. Haligar his younger brother took after this father. Halagrid is adventuring to find brigands to get whom attacked their town and caused untold damage and stole dearly the riches that are rightfully the property of his friends and neighbors.

Builders Notes
I decided to introduce you all to FHW, fantastic heroes and witches. A wonderful OSR clone that is well worth the once over. Providing modern rule variations that make the game well worth playing even today. Unlike other variations of dnd, levels generally do not pass level 13 unless they are truly legendary beings. They list Gandalf as a level 11 wizard, though I would slap 4 levels of Wiseman onto that. If you have any other questions you can either ask me, or you can look for yourself on rpg now. The original inspiration for this character is from my earlier Basic DnD days, and my time spent on the Lotto mmorpg.
The Rogues Gallery
The Rules Encyclopedia

MisterB

Lord of the Rings Bilbo Baggins

Post by MisterB » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:44 am

Bilbo Baggins
2nd level Hobbit, Professional (Gentry), of the Aristocrat background.
Social Origin: Upper class (Affluent)
Age 50 at the beginning of his adventure. Height 4'1", Eyes Brown, Hair Brown

Attributes
Strength 10 (+0), Dexterity 16 (+2), Constitution 12 (+1), Intelligence 14 (+1), Wisdom 13 (+1) , Charisma 15 (+2)

Combat
Wound Points 4 , Hit Points 12 ( 2hd)
BtH +0
Save 16 (+2 to Intelligence and charisma saves)
AC 14 (19 wearing Mithril shirt)

Weapon Proficiencies
Dagger, Throwing Stones, Club

Class Features
+4 to saves related to his profession, +2 to all skills related to his profession. Knowledge (geneology) +4 Skill bonus, Persuasion +4 Skill bonus.

Racial Abilities
Speed 20, +1 Dex, -1 Strength, Lucky (+1 to all saves, may effect one detrimental event per day), Small size (+4 stealth, +2 Ac, +4 to hit large creatures), Small weapons

Equipment ( enc)
Bilbo's Magic Ring (makes Bilbo invisible)
Shirt of Mithril rings (+2 ring-mail armor, no skill penalties)
Gondolin Blade "Sting" (+1 to hit and damage vs goblins, and orcs; Glows blue in the presence of them. 1d4 damage, speed 2)

Builders Notes
Bilbo's level 2 Professional class, represents his experience, influence, and respect afforded by his position. And represents his background before the adventure begins. I'll probably add one level of Thief to him, but I'm uncertain if he really deserves it or will get another level in his current class. This is really cool about FHW and being to slap on a non class and it's pretty simple.

Character Background
Before his adventures, Bilbo was considered a very prim and respectable Hobbit for his polite disposition and aversion to anything out of the ordinary. He had strict culinary and hygienic principles, being often less than thrilled with the rough conditions of travel at first. But, being the son of Bungo Baggins and Belladonna Took, Bilbo had blood from two important Hobbit families, the Bagginses and the Tooks. Because of his adventurous "Tookish side" (which was sometimes conflicting with his stay-at-home "Baggins side"), Baggins was rather restless and "strange" for a Hobbit. After his return from Erebor, he was regarded much less fondly than before by his fellow Hobbits, but paid them no mind. Though considering himself happily retired from adventures, he often left his home for many days to meet with old friends and strangers, including Dwarves.

Bilbo was noteworthy as the first ring-bearer in the history of Middle-earth to give up the One Ring voluntarily; he surrendered the ring to Frodo Baggins at Gandalf's request.

Bilbo Baggins was born on September 22by Shire Reckoning, in the year 2890of the Third Age, the son of Bungo Baggins and Belladonna Took. He was a grandson of the Old Took.

During his youth Bilbo attended several parties during which he loved to listen to Gandalf's stories about Dragons, Goblins and princesses and was impressed by the Wizard's fireworks. After the death of his parents, respectively in T.A.2926 and T.A. 2934, he inherited Bag End. In the eyes of his neighbours, he originally seemed just like his father, a solid, sensible, unadventurous and respectable hobbit. But when becoming older he started to become "strange" and often left his home for many days to meet with strangers, including Dwarves.

Eventually, Gandalf came to believe that Bilbo was the ideal person for an important task he had at hand, for Bilbo was both small-sized and adventurous. Gandalf came to the Shire to visit him in T.A. 2941 but he had disappeared again because of Elven new year.

Gandalf managed to address him on a morning, while he sat outside his hobbit-hole. He reluctantly asked Gandalf for tea next day. Indeed Gandalf came back, bringing thirteen Dwarves with him. First came Dwalin, followed by Balin, next were Fíli and Kíli, then Dori, Nori, Ori, Óin and Glóin, and at last Bifur, Bofur, Bombur, Thorin and Gandalf. The Dwarves remained in Bag End for supper and afterwards sang a song about the Sack of Erebor and explained the reasons for their unannounced coming: the Dwarves begun a quest to reclaim the Lonely Mountain (and its sizable hoard) from the Dragon Smaug and Gandalf had volunteered Bilbo to be the company's burglar. Even with the Dwarves' protests and Bilbo's feeble objections, Gandalf convinced Thorin that Bilbo was the right person. Thus the Hobbit became the fourteenth member of the Company which left the Shire in T.A. 2941.

This is an excerpt from the following site, which you can find more information about his quest.
http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Bilbo_Baggins
Last edited by MisterB on Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Rogues Gallery
The Rules Encyclopedia

Thorpocalypse

Re: Fantastic Heroes & Witchery "Rogues Gallery" (LOTR)

Post by Thorpocalypse » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:10 am

Flithy Bagginses...they took My Precious... :evil:

Nice new stuff, Mister B. 8-)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum

MisterB

Post by MisterB » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:05 am

Thorpocalypse wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:10 am
Flithy Bagginses...they took My Precious... :evil:

Nice new stuff, Mister B. 8-)
The Rogues Gallery
The Rules Encyclopedia

MisterB

Post by MisterB » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:49 am

Just letting folks know I'm developing content for not only character creation, but the gamers handbook section of the boards as well. So I'm jumping between both, the rogues gallery will be less developed than the other thread at least till I start including creature build in this section. I did Bilbo as an experiment to see how he would turn out with the rules. I have to say though, I'm rather loving FHW. It's just difficult doing alot of this work on my tablet. My "best of 2,ND edition thread" I'll only be working on when I have access to a computer.

Added some builder Notes on Bilbo's profile
The Rogues Gallery
The Rules Encyclopedia