Captain Marvel MCU

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
BriarThrone

Re: Captain Marvel MCU

Post by BriarThrone » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:43 pm

HalloweenJack wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:13 pm
BriarThrone wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:40 am
HalloweenJack wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:59 pm
so...new trailer....go
We all wish it would.
details?
Larson continues to lack physical presence, but instead of lacking emotion, she seems... smug. She talks about ending a horrific, extremely long war in tones that would otherwise be reserved for online gaming shit-talk. The line "I'll end it" should be delivered firmly, with conviction. Instead of a warrior facing a daunting challenge that she is determined to defeat, she sounds like a bully looking at a target with contempt. I pick that line, because it's so emblatic of the problem, but that is just one of the two modes that she seems to have. Smug asshole, or shell-shocked survivor.

Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:06 pm

BriarThrone wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:43 pm
HalloweenJack wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:13 pm
BriarThrone wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:40 am

We all wish it would.
details?
Larson continues to lack physical presence, but instead of lacking emotion, she seems... smug. She talks about ending a horrific, extremely long war in tones that would otherwise be reserved for online gaming shit-talk. The line "I'll end it" should be delivered firmly, with conviction. Instead of a warrior facing a daunting challenge that she is determined to defeat, she sounds like a bully looking at a target with contempt. I pick that line, because it's so emblatic of the problem, but that is just one of the two modes that she seems to have. Smug asshole, or shell-shocked survivor.
I think that's Kree propaganda for you. At one point in the trailer she said that the Kree are "a race of heroes", opposed to "a race of warriors" as Nick Fury said. My guess is that's how Carol would see herself for the first half of the movie: a hero in some kind of glorious war, instead ofa soldier in a real one.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:14 pm

I'm with Woodclaw on this one.

Marvel's done pretty well overall in the MCU, so I'll trust their track record at least until I see the full movie for myself. It could be shit, it could be good. We just don't know yet.

BriarThrone

Post by BriarThrone » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:08 pm

HalloweenJack wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:14 pm
I'm with Woodclaw on this one.

Marvel's done pretty well overall in the MCU, so I'll trust their track record at least until I see the full movie for myself. It could be shit, it could be good. We just don't know yet.
I hope I'm wrong, but if these trailers were for any other movie, no one would be talking about watching it. If the fault lies with the promotion crew, and we're just seeing the crap, fine, but wow, some people need to be fired either way.

Chris Brady

Post by Chris Brady » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:37 am

Why are people talking about 'multiple trailers'? There's only been one. Re-cut and reshuffled two more times, but it's still all they got.

But Cheese Woman still has no personality other having a RBF.