For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Supernaturalist

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 2: The Road to Millford

Post by Supernaturalist » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:52 pm

Khu-Amon
Character @ http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/vi ... 711#p59711
HP:3
Condition: Normal
Ilona laughs for the first time during the trip. “Husband? No f***in’ way,” she replied, the expletive rolling off her tongue just like it does with her father. “I don’t need another f***ing man thinking he can tell me what to do. My f***ing father does enough of that.

“And me, Lena and other women around here dress the we do because we f***ing WORK for a livin’, fancy-man. If it’s finery on your women you’re looking for, you’ll find some find drunken floozies in Millford and from what I’ve seen, there’s plenty of painted whores in Darrax that should satisfy your tastes.

Then she turned to the wizard, looked him up and down and said wryly, “And as far as what I do for fun goes, when we’re off the road, I like a bit of drink and a soak in a warm tub. I’m not big on parties. But…

Then she looked into his eyes. “…from what I’ve heard from you so far, I do have a…’hobby’ that I enjoy that I do believe you’re a fan of. Something that involves two people, you know? But unlike you, I like to engage in my ‘hobby’ with the ones who ‘dress like farmhands’ who don’t mind getting their hands dirty. You know, REAL men…

Then she turned her gaze back to the road and smiled slyly.
"Hmmph..." he snorts softly, "...You make it sound almost fun to be a peasant."

"For the record, I'll have you know that common whores are not my taste. I lavish the women with whom I consort; and I always pay top coin for quality. Bad teeth, disease, club-feet, and even an unnatural curvature of the spine are enough to disqualify an otherwise attractive harlot."

"Drunken floozies my foot!" He says as if deeply insulted.

"So, If I were to acquire some of of the local, rustic clothing that some of these hayseeds wear..." he leans in just a bit closer careful not to invade her space too much, "...would that make be a bit more...", he stops mid-sentence as the wagon comes to halt.

He turns his gaze back up the road to the wagons in front of him. "By Kefnet, what do you think this is all about?"

Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:59 pm

As the wagons roll to a halt Zezzaka smiles. "Perhaps this is just the opportunity to spur the bandits to activity." she says under her breath, just loud enough for Ankara to hear.
"Something pithy this way comes."

MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:29 pm

Thorpocalypse wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:40 am
Jonas heard Berend about the same time he saw Lena’s signals. “Ah, f*** me,” Jonas groaned. “Thieves I can handle, but I f***ing wild animals are another thing altogether. Thieves are predictable bastards. You never know what the f*** an animal is gonna do, even a f***ing deer can be a pain in the arse if they’re rutting or protecting a young ‘un.”

He motions back to Mads, who sends the signal down the line as the wagons train slows down.
BEREND TALNOTH
HP- 1 Condition- Normal

Nodding at Jonas' sage words, Berend replied
"Hopefully, it ain't Goreclaw wakin' up again.She tends ta hang around Millford&Darrax fer a couple o'weeks when first wakin' up..."

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:00 am

Flynnarrel wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:48 pm
Zezzaka does not seem to mind the jolting of the cart as she sits serenely.

"Ankara," she says mildly, "do you realize that we are being watched? They are only observing us now, I think. Perhaps they'll attempt something tonight if their courage manifests." Zezzaka muses casually but there's a hint of eagerness in her voice.
"Watched? Who would dare threaten such as us? Clearly our dynamic racial make-up implies that we are an adventuring party, does it not?" Ankara replies. "What do you think? Kobolds? Were-Wolverines? Perhaps Orcs? HO THERE!" she calls out to the front of the caravan. "Zezzaka says that somebody is watching us? Shall we give them something to REALLY watch out for?"

pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:05 am

Lena stayed crouched beside the track for... well, she wasn't sure how long. Longer than she should have, certainly. Cradling her bow in one hand she reached down, splaying her fingers across the track, not quite touching it, but- perhaps coming to terms with it might be as close as she could explain. She resisted the urge to raise her head and howl.

After a few moments (surely no more than that, right?) she shook off that uncanny feeling and scampered back down towards the road.

She seemed to melt out of the woods in front of the lead wagon, and looked up at Master Wheelwright. "Sir! It was a wolf, a big one- dire wolf, I'd guess. It moved off for now, but you know how it is with wolves- where there is one, there might be a pack. We'll have to be extra careful when we camp, in case they come looking for dinner."

And with that, she turned to trot back out ahead, perhaps a bit more watchful than she had been. Bandits were one thing, but this was a whole different animal, to use a phrase...

>OOC: Sorry this took so long to get out- having a bit of brain-lock.

MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:50 am

pathfinderq1 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:05 am
Lena seemed to melt out of the woods in front of the lead wagon, and looked up at Master Wheelwright. "Sir! It was a wolf, a big one- dire wolf, I'd guess. It moved off for now, but you know how it is with wolves- where there is one, there might be a pack. We'll have to be extra careful when we camp, in case they come looking for dinner."

And with that, she turned to trot back out ahead, perhaps a bit more watchful than she had been.
BEREND TALNOTH
HP- 1 Condition- Normal

The dwarf cussed his luck in his native tongue upon hearing what the Trailblazer said.If it was a dire wolf track she found(and he had not reason to think she was lying),then they may have bigger problem's than just Banditry at work.Spitting out what was left of his Cigar,Berend said to Jonas
"If'n it's just one Dire,we should be fine.Problem is,the good fer nothin' goblins in the area tend tae use 'em fer both Ridin' animals and Scouts.Best be assumin' the latter fer now..."

Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:48 pm

Jabroniville wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:00 am
"What do you think? Kobolds? Were-Wolverines? Perhaps Orcs? HO THERE!" she calls out to the front of the caravan. "Zezzaka says that somebody is watching us? Shall we give them something to REALLY watch out for?"
Zezzaka frowns. "If you announce it loudly, the bandits watching us will never gird their loins enough to try us."
"Something pithy this way comes."