Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Going on Hiatus

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
User avatar
Supernaturalist
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:48 am

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 2: The Road to Millford

Post by Supernaturalist » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:52 pm

Khu-Amon
Character @ http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/vi ... 711#p59711
HP:3
Condition: Normal
Ilona laughs for the first time during the trip. “Husband? No f***in’ way,” she replied, the expletive rolling off her tongue just like it does with her father. “I don’t need another f***ing man thinking he can tell me what to do. My f***ing father does enough of that.

“And me, Lena and other women around here dress the we do because we f***ing WORK for a livin’, fancy-man. If it’s finery on your women you’re looking for, you’ll find some find drunken floozies in Millford and from what I’ve seen, there’s plenty of painted whores in Darrax that should satisfy your tastes.


Then she turned to the wizard, looked him up and down and said wryly, “And as far as what I do for fun goes, when we’re off the road, I like a bit of drink and a soak in a warm tub. I’m not big on parties. But…

Then she looked into his eyes. “…from what I’ve heard from you so far, I do have a…’hobby’ that I enjoy that I do believe you’re a fan of. Something that involves two people, you know? But unlike you, I like to engage in my ‘hobby’ with the ones who ‘dress like farmhands’ who don’t mind getting their hands dirty. You know, REAL men…

Then she turned her gaze back to the road and smiled slyly.
"Hmmph..." he snorts softly, "...You make it sound almost fun to be a peasant."

"For the record, I'll have you know that common whores are not my taste. I lavish the women with whom I consort; and I always pay top coin for quality. Bad teeth, disease, club-feet, and even an unnatural curvature of the spine are enough to disqualify an otherwise attractive harlot."

"Drunken floozies my foot!" He says as if deeply insulted.

"So, If I were to acquire some of of the local, rustic clothing that some of these hayseeds wear..." he leans in just a bit closer careful not to invade her space too much, "...would that make be a bit more...", he stops mid-sentence as the wagon comes to halt.

He turns his gaze back up the road to the wagons in front of him. "By Kefnet, what do you think this is all about?"

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2276
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 2: The Road to Millford

Post by Flynnarrel » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:59 pm

As the wagons roll to a halt Zezzaka smiles. "Perhaps this is just the opportunity to spur the bandits to activity." she says under her breath, just loud enough for Ankara to hear.
"Something pithy this way comes."

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 2: The Road to Millford

Post by MacynSnow » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:29 pm

Thorpocalypse wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:40 am
Jonas heard Berend about the same time he saw Lena’s signals. “Ah, f*** me,” Jonas groaned. “Thieves I can handle, but I f***ing wild animals are another thing altogether. Thieves are predictable bastards. You never know what the f*** an animal is gonna do, even a f***ing deer can be a pain in the arse if they’re rutting or protecting a young ‘un.”

He motions back to Mads, who sends the signal down the line as the wagons train slows down.
BEREND TALNOTH
HP- 1 Condition- Normal

Nodding at Jonas' sage words, Berend replied
"Hopefully, it ain't Goreclaw wakin' up again.She tends ta hang around Millford&Darrax fer a couple o'weeks when first wakin' up..."

Jabroniville
Posts: 9404
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:05 pm

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 2: The Road to Millford

Post by Jabroniville » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:00 am

Flynnarrel wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:48 pm
Zezzaka does not seem to mind the jolting of the cart as she sits serenely.

"Ankara," she says mildly, "do you realize that we are being watched? They are only observing us now, I think. Perhaps they'll attempt something tonight if their courage manifests." Zezzaka muses casually but there's a hint of eagerness in her voice.
"Watched? Who would dare threaten such as us? Clearly our dynamic racial make-up implies that we are an adventuring party, does it not?" Ankara replies. "What do you think? Kobolds? Were-Wolverines? Perhaps Orcs? HO THERE!" she calls out to the front of the caravan. "Zezzaka says that somebody is watching us? Shall we give them something to REALLY watch out for?"

pathfinderq1
Posts: 235
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:04 pm

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 2: The Road to Millford

Post by pathfinderq1 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:05 am

Lena stayed crouched beside the track for... well, she wasn't sure how long. Longer than she should have, certainly. Cradling her bow in one hand she reached down, splaying her fingers across the track, not quite touching it, but- perhaps coming to terms with it might be as close as she could explain. She resisted the urge to raise her head and howl.

After a few moments (surely no more than that, right?) she shook off that uncanny feeling and scampered back down towards the road.

She seemed to melt out of the woods in front of the lead wagon, and looked up at Master Wheelwright. "Sir! It was a wolf, a big one- dire wolf, I'd guess. It moved off for now, but you know how it is with wolves- where there is one, there might be a pack. We'll have to be extra careful when we camp, in case they come looking for dinner."

And with that, she turned to trot back out ahead, perhaps a bit more watchful than she had been. Bandits were one thing, but this was a whole different animal, to use a phrase...

>OOC: Sorry this took so long to get out- having a bit of brain-lock.

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 2: The Road to Millford

Post by MacynSnow » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:50 am

pathfinderq1 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:05 am
Lena seemed to melt out of the woods in front of the lead wagon, and looked up at Master Wheelwright. "Sir! It was a wolf, a big one- dire wolf, I'd guess. It moved off for now, but you know how it is with wolves- where there is one, there might be a pack. We'll have to be extra careful when we camp, in case they come looking for dinner."

And with that, she turned to trot back out ahead, perhaps a bit more watchful than she had been.
BEREND TALNOTH
HP- 1 Condition- Normal

The dwarf cussed his luck in his native tongue upon hearing what the Trailblazer said.If it was a dire wolf track she found(and he had not reason to think she was lying),then they may have bigger problem's than just Banditry at work.Spitting out what was left of his Cigar,Berend said to Jonas
"If'n it's just one Dire,we should be fine.Problem is,the good fer nothin' goblins in the area tend tae use 'em fer both Ridin' animals and Scouts.Best be assumin' the latter fer now..."

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2276
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 2: The Road to Millford

Post by Flynnarrel » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:48 pm

Jabroniville wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:00 am
"What do you think? Kobolds? Were-Wolverines? Perhaps Orcs? HO THERE!" she calls out to the front of the caravan. "Zezzaka says that somebody is watching us? Shall we give them something to REALLY watch out for?"
Zezzaka frowns. "If you announce it loudly, the bandits watching us will never gird their loins enough to try us."
"Something pithy this way comes."

Thorpocalypse
Posts: 1343
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:52 pm

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 2: The Road to Millford

Post by Thorpocalypse » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:59 pm

GM Talk: Sorry about the slight delay, been busy and like pathfinder1, I’ve had a lack of creativity lately myself. Just gonna have to push through it, so let’s keep moving.
pathfinderq1 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:05 am
She seemed to melt out of the woods in front of the lead wagon, and looked up at Master Wheelwright. "Sir! It was a wolf, a big one- dire wolf, I'd guess. It moved off for now, but you know how it is with wolves- where there is one, there might be a pack. We'll have to be extra careful when we camp, in case they come looking for dinner."

And with that, she turned to trot back out ahead, perhaps a bit more watchful than she had been. Bandits were one thing, but this was a whole different animal, to use a phrase...

>OOC: Sorry this took so long to get out- having a bit of brain-lock.
MacynSnow wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:50 am
BEREND TALNOTH
HP- 1 Condition- Normal

The dwarf cussed his luck in his native tongue upon hearing what the Trailblazer said.If it was a dire wolf track she found(and he had not reason to think she was lying),then they may have bigger problem's than just Banditry at work.Spitting out what was left of his Cigar,Berend said to Jonas
"If'n it's just one Dire,we should be fine.Problem is,the good fer nothin' goblins in the area tend tae use 'em fer both Ridin' animals and Scouts.Best be assumin' the latter fer now..."
Jonas listened intently to his guard and the dwarf. Then he said sarcastically, “f***ing lovely news, folks, f***ing lovely…”
Jabroniville wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:00 am
“Watched? Who would dare threaten such as us? Clearly our dynamic racial make-up implies that we are an adventuring party, does it not?" Ankara replies. "What do you think? Kobolds? Were-Wolverines? Perhaps Orcs? HO THERE!" she calls out to the front of the caravan. "Zezzaka says that somebody is watching us? Shall we give them something to REALLY watch out for?"
“True, my large lady friend!” he replied to the Goliath-Shokan with a smile, “That’s why we hired you lot in the first place. Wolves, bandits, what the f*** ever, I’m sure you all can deal with it.”

“MADS!” He shouts back. “We’re gonna push the horses to get to the camping spot Master Dwarf mentioned as fast they f***ing can go. I think we might have stopped there a few months back. Pass the word back to the others that we got wolves and maybe gobs in the area. We’ll get camp setup f***ing fast as we can and let our hired swords do their job and keep ‘em off our ass tonight. Got me, boy?”

“Aye, father,” Mads replied. “Ilona, you hear that?”

“Sure did,” Ilona said. “OK, boys,” she shouted back to the other wagons, “here’s the deal…”

Jarki loaded his crossbow and focused his sweeps of the area behind and around the rear of the caravan more intently. “Whoever is watching us,” he said, “I’m sure they’ve NEVER laid eyes on anything like this…”

--

The caravan follows Jonas’ orders and drives the tired horses as fast as they dared through the sloppy road and the now chilling winds. You reach the camping area on the south (right) side of the road without further incident about 30 minutes before sundown. The area has two sizable croppings of rocks, one to the southeast and one to the west, providing needed windbreaks and good spots for sentries to sit to get a good view of the immediate area. To the south is a clearing about 100x100 feet before it turns into thick woods. The north side of the road has a bit more brush and trees but does not turn into forest for about 20 yards off the road.

The ground is very damp but there’s no snow and the sunny day has provided a few less damp spots that should work to set a fire. Jonas pulls his wagon slightly off the road with the rear facing the road. Mads, Ilona and the other drivers pull their wagons up to where they are just off the road in a “C” shape. Once Jonas gets them set, he tells everyone that they’ll sleep on the wagons. He nods to Ilona and she hops off her wagon and takes lead on securing the wagons, rearranging the merchandise to clear room for everyone to sleep, securing the horses and getting camp setup. From the speed at which they operate, it’s obvious the drivers and guards have done this more times than they count. They are a well-oiled machine of activity, with everyone seeming to know their role and being quite efficient at it.

Jonas calls your group together while the rest focus on their work. “Alright you lot, we’ll have things set up and a fire going in short order. It’s Lena’s night to guard so once she’s done helping set up camp, if you’re going to set up guard rotations or whatever, count her in. Once we’re done setting up, we’re going to eat and get to sleep in short order. It’s been a long f***ing day, hells, it’s been a long f***ing month for that matter, so I want my crew and horses well rested to make this big push to Millford over the next couple of days, so…”

Before he could finish, everyone picked up the unmistakable sound of a wolf’s howl in the distance.

Then a few seconds later, another.

Then another.

Then a chorus.

Lena starts to sweat profusely…

“…so…yeah…” Jonas muttered. “F*** me…You’re gonna deal with that right?”

GM Talk: Give me perception checks to see if you can tell how far the wolves are from you and let me know what your plan is for the evening. It will be dark soon.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2276
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 2: The Road to Millford

Post by Flynnarrel » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:16 pm

Zezzaka tried to pinpoint how close their quarry was..
Wolves were interesting opponents, one on one. Their savagery and bestial cunning made for a refreshing break, especially if one had just been fighting low-skilled goblins and bandits.

Their overall instinctual tactics as they attacked would be interesting to see as well.

"What are the sensory capabilities of dire wolves?" the monk asked.
"Something pithy this way comes."

pathfinderq1
Posts: 235
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:04 pm

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 2: The Road to Millford

Post by pathfinderq1 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:24 am

Lena turned at the sound of the first howl, and tilted her head up just a fraction, like an animal trying to catch a scent on the wind. As the other howls joined in, she looked almost wildly around- and as the first round ended she finally closed her eyes for a moment.

She drew a deep breath, then opened her eyes again as Master Wheelwright spoke. She looked at him directly- the first time any of the newcomers would have seen her look anyone directly in the eyes. "Sir, yes sir!," she snapped. Then she looked around at each of the caravan members in turn- not the new-hired guards, just the folk she had traveled with, her eyes meeting Jarki's at last.

THESE were her pack. And if another pack would do battle, she knew which side she was on.

Didn't she...

She turned to the odd, spindly woman. "They can see well enough, in anything but full dark, and they can hear and scent better than nearly any man, or most beasts. Probably can smell us from where they are, and they'll be trying to figure out who might be tastiest. Unless any of you can see in the dark it'll be hard to shoot, so it'll be close work when they come- and they bite hard. Regular wolves might go for the horses- they're meatier and easier to kill- but these things will go for anything nearby, and they eat a man as easy as a horse."

"Gonna be a long night- or a really, really short one."

>OOC:
-Perception roll 1d20+7= 15
-Will roll (Self control) 1d20+5= 16
>Rolls: http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=218652

User avatar
L-Space
Posts: 727
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:40 pm
Location: Nebraska

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 1: The Adventure begins at the beginning

Post by L-Space » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:36 am

Tae-Phoon
HP:1 Chi:11/11
Condition: Setting up camp.

Tae sets his gear down and then pulls out his winejug. "I don't mind taking first watch, gives me time to drink before bed." He says with a grin that falters a bit when the howls start. "Better stoke the fire a bit. May help keep the beasties at bay."

User avatar
Supernaturalist
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:48 am

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 2: The Road to Millford

Post by Supernaturalist » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:11 am

Khu-Amon
Character @ http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/vi ... 711#p59711
HP:3
Condition: Normal

As tensions rise in the caravan, Khu-Amon largely remains silent. Everyone here has an area of expertise; this is certainly not his. He cannot help but be impressed by the efficiency of Wheelwright's crew.

As Ilona brings the wagon to a halt, he quickly steps off onto the ground without being asked. Backing away he simply stands and watches the flurry of activity going on around him.

His left hand clasped tightly around his staff, he silently goes over the vocal components of his spells should he need to use them.

The treelines are still quite close to the camp on both sides. Beasts could be upon us very quickly.

As the seasoned wizard looks to his right, the large frame of the Shokan-Goliath female towers over him. Just behind her the blue-skinned Vedalkan monk stands, eyes fixed on the treeline.

"Ladies...," He says as his eyes look from face to face of both travelling-companions, "...may the gods lend us aid this night. But just in case the gods are indifferent this evening. Do you mind if I sit near the both of you? You have all the appearance of people who can...well....handle themselves. And as an added bonus...I promise to keep my tongue restrained."

Looking over at the stocky dwarven leader, he follows up Wheelwright's comment about setting a watch. "Mister Talnoth, I'd like to watch early. It's more in harmony with my biorhythms really. I can catch some sleep right afterwards and hopefully rest uninterrupted 'til morning. Assuming of course there is no incident."
I almost forgot to post my perception roll: [url=http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup. ... [5]+3 = 8 One thing is for sure. I've not been too perceptive out here in the wild.

MacynSnow
Posts: 3185
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 2: The Road to Millford

Post by MacynSnow » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:15 am

BEREND TALNOTH
HP-1 Condition-On Alert

Preping his Crossbow,Berend starts barking orders to the group(almost like he was leading a group of Guards)
"Alright,this is how it's gonna run: First Shift is Khu-Amon and Tae-Phoon followed by myself and Ankara with Last shift being Zezzaka and Tal'endir.I hate ta ask ye Trailblazer,but can you pull a double shift?Specifically First&last.If'n it's a Goblin Raiding party,they'll hit us either first or last,depending on what High Mobb Boss Krenko feels like..."
During his short speech,the Dwarf was constantly scanning the treeline,trying to see if it was just Dires or the aforementioned Raiding party.As he was looking,the others in the camp could hear him singing(rather decently for a Baritone) an old Dwarf tune called Barbara Allen....

Flynnarrel
Posts: 2276
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 2: The Road to Millford

Post by Flynnarrel » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:21 am

Zezzaka has no problem with the old man sitting near and waves him to rest himself. "I would not deny any who has seen as much as you have. Are you nearing your third century of life, Master Amon?" she asks, as she does most things, undelicately.

She only nods as if agreeing things are proper when she is assigned on one of the watches that are more likely to be attacked.
"Something pithy this way comes."

Jabroniville
Posts: 9404
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:05 pm

Re: Gloriant: Age of Adventure (IC) - Part 2: The Road to Millford

Post by Jabroniville » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:59 pm

ANKARA

Perception Check: [url=http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=218770]15[/i] (hey, not bad!)

"Wolves? I expected brigands; perhaps skeletons or zombies? But large wolves, you say? Is one a slightly different color than the others? I believe that might indicate the leader!" Ankara says, readying herself.

Post Reply