Going Rogue OOC thread

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
catsi563

Going Rogue OOC thread

Post by catsi563 »

Welcome all to the Catsiverse and the world of Heroes Unlimited. Where anything is possible and heroes truly are unlimited.

Here we will tell the story of Six people seeking a change in their lives. Former villains who have seen the error of their ways and seek redemption and a new life as heroes. Of course its not going to be as easy as putting on a white hat, it never is.

A great evil is rising, and has its claws in everything. Its web is spreading fast, and the evil that sits at the center of that web is taking advantage of the fact that the worlds heroes are distracted, and that one of its rivals has fallen on hard times and can no longer effectively oppose it.

But one mysterious man has seen this coming, and has an idea. A small team of individual working both outside of and slightly within the law. People the world has written off as villains, monsters and worse. But he plans to take these former villains and go rogue with them. they'll go where heroes cant or wont, they'll bring unique points of view and perspectives to the game. And where a hero might fail, a villain might succeed.

So strap on your gray hats, and pull up your boots and capes because the Villains are coming and they are going to Go Rogue!

----ooOoo-------

This is the OOC thread for the Going Rogue game.

Here we will post characters, ideas and general OOC chatter and questions. Also if it becomes necessary we will recruit here.

----ooOoo------

Active Roster

Going Rogue

Active Roster

Colonel Duskby Nintendogeek
Portia by Prof W1erd
Sebastian by Kenmadragon
Upliftby Corrigon

Inactive

Ferrous By Kenseido
Lady Light by EPIC
Oaf by Gnalthor
Powerfist by Plan B

Supporting Cast

Supporting Links

Prologue: Vigil for the Vigilant
Chapter 1: Animal-Hijinx-and-Murder
Chapter 2: Overrun
Interlude: Into the Valley

Going Rogue IC thread

Heroes Unlimited: IC thread

Heroes-Unlimited: OOC

Role Call Thread

Catsiverse: Setting Thread

--ooOoo--

A few rules, caveats, provisos, quid pro quos.

:arrow: for my players I try to maintain a consistent posting speed so do your best. I'll wait about 24-48 hours as appropriate before taking control to move the story along. If you're going to be away thats fine let me know so I can take appropriate actions as needed.

:arrow: If anyone has any questions about the rules as they apply to the game please feel free to ask at anytime via PM or here in the OCC thread.

:arrow: The tone as stated is a JLU, X-Men Evolution, Young Justice, Timmverse, Avengers EMH, tone of story. mostly Black and White with some shades of grey. Always a light comic book tone. Players will be expected to act in a reasonably Superheroic fashion and will be appropriately rewarded as such. Players that break the law or act in a criminal or vigilante fashion will find themselves the subject of law Enforcements scrutiny. And the scrutiny of other Superheroes including their own teammates, who if they do not pursue them had best have a good explanation for it.

In going rogue the players are former villains and henchmen seeking to turn over a new leaf. It is for my players to stick to this motif but I caution my players that their characters desire in this regard MUST BE GENUINE unless discussed by me with the player ahead of time, or unless in the course of roleplay circumstances render this impossible

Lets have a great time ok?

House rules and edits of Note

4-6 players full time with possible room for guest appearances and cameos by others as appropriate to the story.

Characters built at PL 10/155 Power Points representing relatively new heroes with a little seasoning ready for the enormous challenges awaiting them.

I dont specifically proscribe to any house rules save as Errata or the Story demands, in point of fact I tend to err on the side of story and description more then anything.

Feats from any 2nd ed book are allowed within reason, as is any power with a few restrictions which I always have.

Unlimited variable powers, full Insubstantial, and a couple of others are allowed but heavily restricted, and require some serious explanation and concept behind them.

Wealth is handled via a simple benefit feat. 1 rank = wealthy, 2 ranks = Filthy rich, or a similar appropriate descriptor. 1 rank is the realm of well off and similar people, movie stars, some lawyers and doctors, and heroes like Professor Xavier and the like fall here. 2 ranks is the realm of the super rich Lex Luthor, Bruce Wayne and the like.

Otherwise the character is considered to have any and all basic amenities, and enough money to take care of himself as appropriate.

Complications are a must and can and will be used against you LOL.

The tone of the game is a light 4 star Superhero comic book style, akin to that seen in the Timmverse, and X-men Evolution, and Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes. Mostly Black and White with a few shades of grey here and there. While Character death is a possibility it is unlikely save by your own folly or heroic self sacrifice.

Heroes will be expected to be heroes, and will be rewarded for appropriate roleplay in that regard. Killer vigilantes may apply but should not be complaining when their teamates take them to the local super prison themselves.

Edit of note:

For equipment I consider all personal items to be freebies ie cellphones, laptops and the like. Also cars, homes and things of that nature. As long as it doesnt have powers or a direct effect on skill rolls etc.

Ill make indiviual calls for each build as needed but for the most part any equipment not super should be free.

Edit of note 2: Languages, for those who have a direct and obvious multilingual upbringing I am willing to allow you a single free langauge. thus a hispanic could be easily seen to have spanish and english as base languages. As could someone raised in a chinese or japanese household.

So as long as it is approrpiate to the characters background a multi-lingual character can have 2 base languages at no cost.

all other languages are house ruled to double per skill point spent. IE 2 for 1pp, 4 for 2pp, 8 for 3 pp and so on and so forth.

Anything beyond 4pp should just take comprehend all languages.

Edit of Note 3: New rule

Tough Minions Feat ranked 1-2

Your minions are tough, in some cases really tough. Tough enough in fact that they can rarely hold their own with some superheros and dont go down as easilly. Tough Minions are minions in every respect of the word and follow all normal rules for minions save one in that they are tougher to take down then normal.

Rank 1 Mook Level Tough minions: Must fail 2 toughness saves before they fall, they are normal minions in all other respects.

Rank 1 minions
*cannot score critical hits
*Non-minions may take 10 on attack rolls
*Must fail 2 toughness saves and the impossible save rule does not apply
*takedown attack and similar work as normal

Rank 2 Lieutnenant Minions: Must fail toughness saves, and fort, and will saves as a normal character but are minions in every other respect. Tough minion lieutenants may make critical hits.

Rank 2 minions
*may score critical hits
*Non-minions may take 10 on attack rolls
*Must fail toughness saves as a normal character and the impossible save rule does apply
*takedown attack and similar work as normal
Last edited by catsi563 on Tue May 02, 2023 7:02 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
catsi563

Re: Going Rogue OOC thread

Post by catsi563 »

phew *plop*

Ok guys and gals if anyones still with me I think ive got hings going again.

So if youre still here let me know Post characters in the Rolecall thread link established above please. And well be good to go.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

Hello everyone! Good to see you lot again.

I wonder who else is already here...
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

we lost plan b before the move and Gnalthor hasn't been around for ages
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

Aaah, how troublesome. I haven't seen N-Geek around either, and Prof Wierd posted Portia's character sheet so at least they're here.

So is it just Shadowman, Uplift, and Portia then? That could still work, even as a Power Trio. Portia is Fighter, Shadowman is Mage, and Uplift is Thief. Sort of.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Ill double check on the old forums leave a message there with links if not well re recruit and push on

Catsi stories
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Just a note - I'll be on vacation until the 31st. Limited time for internet.
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

Nintendogeek is on here as well. Posted 28 times, so they are certainly active
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Want to take a moment to wish everyone a warm and safe and happy Holiday. I'm looking forward to resuming our adventures together in the new year. :D

Catsi stories
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

merry Christmas to you all.

posted Uplift a few days ago
Nintendogeek01

Post by Nintendogeek01 »

Corrigon wrote:Nintendogeek is on here as well. Posted 28 times, so they are certainly active
Egads I'm being stalked!

Anyways, compared to others I'm not that active over on these forums. But now that I know the game has definitely been revived over here I'll be checking in.

On that note though... it's been so long that I don't even remember what plan Dusk was concocting...
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

no worries well get back into it quick enough :)

Catsi stories
catsi563

Re: Going Rogue OOC thread (recruiting 2)

Post by catsi563 »

Officially opening the game to 2 new recruits if anyones interested. House rules and characters are above and is uggest reading the thread and the HU thread to familiarize ones self with the world.

If anyone has any questions ill gladly answer them.

Catsi stories
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

I've always wanted to do right in life. But the wanting and the doing aren't quite the same thing.
THE HOOLIGAN (Daniel "Chance" Harper) Occupation:Ex-Irish Mob Enforcer/"Hero-For-Hire"
Abilities: 74
STRENGTH 12 STAMINA 11 AGILITY 1 FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0 INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills: 9
Expertise: Criminal 4 (+4), Intimidation 11 (+14), Investigation 5 (+5), Perception 2 (+4), Stealth 4 (+5), Ranged Combat(Improvised Objects) 6(+14?)

Advantages: 16
Chokehold, Contacts, Fast Grab, Improved Hold, Leadership, Power Attack,Fearless, Startle, Ultimate Effort(Toughness),Teamwork
Languages 3 (French ,Gaelic ,Italian ,German ,Russian ),
Powers: 38
Leaping 10
Immunity 9 (Pressure, Heat, Falling Damage,Poison, Disease,)
Power Lifting 4
Protection 1 [extras: Impervious (12)]
Regeneration 2

Defenses: 10
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Toughness 12, Fortitude 12, Will 6

Total: 155

Complications:
Motivation (Redemption)-Chance wants to redeem himself&be a better example to his newborn Daughter....
Responsibility (Wife&child)- Chance would do anything to make sure his Family was taken Care of...
Reputation(Criminal&Thug)-Despite trying to be a good person,he's still seen as an "Irish Mob Enforcer" by a lot of people...
Enemy(Irish Mob)-After he turned his back on them,His old Crew have had it out for him(but won't try to take his Family,as that goes against the Catholic Faith)...

Background:
Chance grew-up in a slightly broken Irish Home(his father was a boxer that died in the ring&his mother was mildly alcholic),and had to help provide for his family at an Early age.He tried to be a good person,he really did,but just couldn't seem to get out from under the Irish Mob influence in his Neighborhood and went to work for them as an Enforcer for "Mean"Joe Finnigan's Crew.He would have been doomed to a Life of Petty Crime&thuggery if hadn't met Lucy O'Toole....
Lucy came from a Family of Cops,so to prove that he was serious about Marring her to her unbelieving Parents he agreed to "Turn Stoolie" and give up Finnigan.He was on his way back to Lucy's house to tell her when a Tanker full of Odd Chemicals Crashed in front of his Motorcycle,hitting him with a Good chunk of the Goo...
he woke up in the Hospital 4 years later and found out that Lucy had married Finnigan(to both Protect him&save her family).Despondent,Chance delved right back into crime,turning into a Super-powered Freelance Mob Enforcer(he refused to work for Finnigan under any circumstances) and did it for several years untill he fell in love again(This time with a Reporter named Kate Whistler,who bore him a Daughter named Elizabeth)....
Last edited by MacynSnow on Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:19 am, edited 13 times in total.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

heres fine for submissions he looks like a solid start at a powerhouse need to boost him up to pl 10 155 of course.

Catsi stories