For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: On the road (D&D 5E IC)

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Exile
HP 25/25 | AC: 15 | Init: +5 (Advantage) | Perception: 15
Spell Slots: 3/3 | Arrows: 56
Inspiration: None

Yu-Yan archers were taught to never let your prey escape, to hunt them down even at the cost of loosing an informant. The elf fell back on this training here, turning and focusing his arrow on the lone straggler, letting his arrow fly fourth on a trajectory that would pierce straight through his targets throat if his aim was indeed true.
Attack (Bless, BArdic Inspiration): 14(2+7+3+2)
Damage: 14
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Kaine
[Monk 3] AC: 16 HP: 21
Ki Points: 2 / Short Rest
Condition: Normal (-3 HP)

Stripping the pirate of all his gear or trinkets with a sharp edge, Kaine ties him up with a scarlet silk sash, searching the pirate for clues of the pirates ship or origin. At the same time, lifting any booty the man might have had just happens lie a relflex to the ex-investigator turned pit fighter turned monk.
Investigation: 11 https://orokos.com/roll/767408
I suppose it can't be too hard to search a guy that should be dead but whatever lol
I'm actually more interested if this can trigger his Backgrounf ability: Watcher's Eye
Seeing the others still dealing with the remnants of the attack "Be right down guys, this one's dead and I'm just getting started."
Last edited by StarGuard on Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Salazar

"Yes, as our illustrious monk's nonchalance alludes to, this combat is over gents." Salazar says to the two remaining pirates "Give up and we'll turn you over to the guard. Run, and whoever my magic does not slay will be run down by our unarmored, building-leaping friend back there and that will only make him cranky when he catches you."
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Exile

The elf menaces in the remaining pirates direction, fingers on one of his other arrows. The look in his eyes screams 'I already killed one of you, and I'd do it again if you don't concede.'
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

On the roof, Kaine is able to quickly pat down the pirate he knocked out to relieve him of a pair of daggers, his remaining bolts and crossbow, leaving him with no means to cut any binding ropes to escape, should Kaine follow through to tie him up. (You had indicated keeping him alive, so not sure what you mean by searching a guy who should be dead.. Besides that, Watcher's Eye allows you to find watch outpost or criminal dens, so not really applicable to your current activities)

Back down in the alley, Heart and Exile's combined efforts drop the lone runner while Salazar and Kriv drop a second, this one suddenly convulsing with the blast of thundrous energy ripping through him from Salazar's spell, leaving one pirate still alive.

With all his companions dead, the last pirate throws caution to the wind and attempts to bolt at full speed, leaving himself open to the paladin and warlock. (He's going to try to move then dash as his action, so moving out of Kriv and Salazar's thread area, giving them an attack of opportunity. If they miss, he's like as not to escape as he'll have an opportunity dropping out sight around a corner, so good luck!)
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Salazar Cyrux
HP 21/21 | AC: 18 | Init: +2 | Passive Perception: 13
Spell Slots: 3+0 | Bardic Inspiration 1/3
Inspiration: 0, Hexblade's Curse: 1/1

Move action, pursue,
Attack of Opportunity: attack: 1d20+5+1d4 20
damage: 1d8+3 8
The Warpick, Fang, flashed out as the pirate tried to flee.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Kriv
Hp: 23/30
1st level spell slots used: 2/3

The golden flames flickered off his longsword as the prayer faded but Kriv swung true none the less as he caught the fleeing pirate.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

While both adventurers manage to strike the pirate successfully, they don't quite manage to do enough damage to stop him from taking off and disappearing around the corner of the alleyway. (Soooooo close. Just as a point of note, Flynn, you don't get to move during an attack of opportunity. You don't get to actually pursue him until your next turn coming up. First Kriv and heart take their turn proper.)
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

[That was from an older post, apologies for not deleting it and for the ensuing misunderstanding.]
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Kriv
Hp: 23/30
1st level spell slots used: 2/3

Kriv had to admit he was impressed by their last remaining foe. Despite taking two solid hits, they still made their escape from the failed ambush. That didn't mean he wouldn't pursue them around the corner, though.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Exile

Exile exhales a puff of air in frustration. For a man with such mortal wounds, he was moving rather fast.
------------
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

EpicEclipse wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:26 am On the roof, Kaine is able to quickly pat down the pirate he knocked out to relieve him of a pair of daggers, his remaining bolts and crossbow, leaving him with no means to cut any binding ropes to escape, should Kaine follow through to tie him up. (You had indicated keeping him alive, so not sure what you mean by searching a guy who should be dead.. Besides that, Watcher's Eye allows you to find watch outpost or criminal dens, so not really applicable to your current activities)
Kaine will take the time to use a satin sash and secure the incapacitated pirate on the roof before using his movement to follow the others quickly as possible.
As far as Watcher's Den, personally I couldn't think of a pirate ship as anything other than a maritime criminal den. I mean seriously .... "pirates" :twisted: not even a hint lol ;)
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

HEART
HP: 12/24, AC: 20, Inspiration
Spell Slots: 1st 3/4, 2nd 1/2

Heart's crystal eyes flickered as the man dropped dead in front of her. She wished it didn't have to come to this, but these men had made their choice. A gentle touch wasn't always possible; it was either her companions or them. The cleric whipped around in time to see the final foe stagger off in a hurry after a couple of solid blows.

"Maybe we should let him escape for now," Heart suggested quickly. "We don't want to run into another ambush, and with his injuries he shouldn't be a problem to anyone anytime soon. Are you all OK?"
Yeah, Heart has no real desire to go adding to the body count, and she wouldn't be able to catch up to him anyway. I'll just take the Dodge action for now. Did he by chance leave a visible trail from his wounds, like maybe some drops of blood? Also, just basing on the post headers, don't forget the Aid HP bonus, Exile and Kaine.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Salazar

Salazar likewise makes his way around the corner after the pirate heedless of their cleric's kind words. Little in his life inclined the smuggler snakeman toward kindness. (Not that this was readily apparent from his otherwise jovial nature.)
Perception: 1d20+3 15
If he spots the miscreant he will transfer the Curse of Reflected Malady
[If the Perception is a standard action the Salazar will use a bonus action to transfer the Hex if he sees the pirate, the pirate would be at disadvantage to any future dex-based rolls.
If the perception is free then Salazar will also use a standard action to Eldritch Blast.]
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Kriv carries on and notices that while there wasn't enough freely flowing blood to make a clear trail, there were enough droplets to notice when they suddenly stopped at a pile of refuse that is moving ever so slightly. (You got high enough to spot his hiding place but had to use move and action to catch up, so only have a bonus action if you have anything you can do with it, otherwise we're back to the top of the initiative. Salazar didn't roll quite high enough, but Kriv stopping where he did kind of gives it away. The pirate is within full cover, it's just soft cover. Main point is he's not in line of sight to transfer the hex just yet.)