The Daze: The Tower

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: The Daze: The Tower

Post by Flynnarrel »

If there was ever any doubt in Mot's mind it's been resolved - Thadd is crazy.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The Shadowdancer / Alanari Fal'll
HP: 1
~~~~~~~~

The corner of his lip curls upward into a smile as Thadd plays his roll perfectly. Distract the enemy with something flashy, then sneak in from behind before they've had a chance to notice.

With steps that make nary a sound, Alanari swoops through the cloud of dust, the shadows hiding him from view completely, and positions himself incorrectly behind the silly old alchemist. He wouldn't know what hit him when it was time to strike.

Stealthly move: 30
Perception: 28

Initiative: 23

Uh... Well that's statistically improbable.

Test: 13
Guess it's not broken, at least.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

(OOC: Persuasion? Not Intimidate?)
(OOC2: "Incorrectly" is autocorrect for "directly" I suppose, Malsyn?)

Yarl Bloodworth
HP: 1; Condition: Out of his mind

Yarl knows he's a large fellow. When told to hide in a room with delicate equipment and nice furniture, Yarl does the sensible thing. He stands at Thadd's side to face the wizard. hammer in hand. Fido stands between the two men, also at the ready.

Initiative, Perception, Magic: 1d20+2 6 1d20+5 20 1d20+10 12 (I have not had a good initiative roll all campaign. :) )
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Rachel Tapperly
HP: 1;LP: 1; Condition: Bruised (-1)

With only little warning, Rachel moved to whatever cover presented itself- she knew she was no fighter. The alchemist's entrance was still a bit of a surprise, though- such a direct, overt sort of magic. It was far more like a story of some kind than the subtle sorts of magic that she had encountered.

>OOC: Blast! I knew I missed something when I was posting my 'Away' notices. ALMOST back...

>OOC 2:
-Initiative 1d20+2= 22
-Perception 1d20+5= 20
-Expertise (Magic) 1d20+6= 13
-Rolls: https://orokos.com/roll/757969
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Reva Vanel
HP : 1
Condition : normal
Initiative Roll: 1d20+7 26
Perception check: 1d20+6 22
"Good thing I have Accelerato active already !" Reva notes to herself, "If he's willing to toss around that much magic, either he's got power to burn, or its one heck of a bluff ! Either way, I need to be able to move ! Hit and run is always a good strategy against, well, just about everyone !"
Camus

Post by Camus »

It is quite clear to everyone (you all rolled quite a high perception and ruined my suspense moment) that the man is not a man entirely. His face is distorted, with blisters covering a large portion of his right side, and the colour is not quite right. Alanari can make out that one of his eyes looks serpentine, with slit irises and yellow eyeballs. Rachel nor Yarl are able to identify whatever spell the man used, nor if it was a spell or not.
Reva Alanari Thadd and Rachel are able to make their move before the robbed man has a chance to react to your presence.

Combat stats
Reva acts before everyone, but remember Thadd is making his speech, which would take effect in his turn.
Reva (26)
Alanari (23)
Thadd (23)
Rachel (22)
Warden (15)
Mot (10)
Yarl (6)
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Reva Vanel

"Well, THIS is not good !" she notes to herself with a grimace, "Either he had an accident, or he did that to himself on purpose and the caged critters are earlier attempts to get the spell right ! Either way, he has a lot of power and most likely not entirely sane.

Hmm - insanity deals with insanity best ! Let's see how he reacts to Thadd's 'request'. He'll probably be distracted - or at least fixed on a target OTHER than me !"

She's going to hold her action until after Thadd's interaction attempt.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Rachel Tapperly
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Bruised (-1)

Still off to one side, with as much cover as she could find, Rachel watched the strange man (or not-man)- she didn't have a lot of hope that words would carry the day here, but it was worth a try.

>OOC: Delay, until we see if the speech worked
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

HP: 1
~~~~~~~~

He kept his breathing still, oh so very still...

OOC: Blast it. Delay to see what's what as well.
------------
Camus

The Daze: The Alchemist

Post by Camus »

The robbed man seems to be taken back by Thadds strong declarations, but gets his bearings, narrows his eyes and grits his teeth. "Who the hell are you? How did you get in my laboratory?" the mans crazy eyes wonder about the room, but he cant focus with Thadd standing and shouting.

Combat stats
Thadd persuasion failed because the Warden rolled a crazy high insight of 26 https://orokos.com/roll/762150
Luckily he rolled low on perception so everyone hiding is hidden from him https://orokos.com/roll/762151
Sorry for the slow response everyone, Im more or less stable now, housewise.
Reva (26)
Alanari (23)
Thadd (23)
Rachel (22)
Warden (15)
Mot (10)
Yarl (6)
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Thorpocalypse

Re: The Daze: The Alchemist

Post by Thorpocalypse »

THADDEODORUS HIGHBORN – THADD THE GREAT

HP: 1; Status: Dispensing justice!
Camus wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:43 am The robbed man seems to be taken back by Thadds strong declarations, but gets his bearings, narrows his eyes and grits his teeth. "Who the hell are you? How did you get in my laboratory?" the mans crazy eyes wonder about the room, but he cant focus with Thadd standing and shouting.
Thadd looked at the robed man incredulously. "WHO AM I?!?!?" he roared. "I JUST told you!!!"

He took a breath. "But since you may have been distracted by my aura of excellence, I will repeat. I am Thadd the Great, hero of Solmir, trained at the sword of Eldorian the Sentinel! And since you have chosen not to relent, I assume you require an example of my greatness!"
Delay over, Thadd is attacking.

Going All-Out Attack 2 at the robed man: 1d20+5 20
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

HP: 0
~~~~~~~~

Multiattack (Stealthed): 14
Eh...
HP Reroll: 20 DC 20 + Multiattack

Alanari's eye glints in the darkness as he suddenly thrusts both daggers into the alchemist's exposed back. "Surprise."
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
------------
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Rachel Tapperly
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Bruised (-1)

Rachel peeked out from behind whatever scrap of furniture she was using as cover- just long enough to fire her crossbow at the alchemical notexactly-man...

>OOC:
-Crossbow attack 1d20+8= 19, roll https://orokos.com/roll/764494

If that hits, DC 17 Toughness
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Reva Vanel

"I'd prefer to be outside, with room to move." Reva groused to herself, "But we have to work with what the situation calls for."
Using Quick Draw (bows) to fire off a shot …
Attack with longbow: 1d20+7 9