For all of your Play-By-Post games.
StarGuard

Re: On the road (D&D 5E IC)

Post by StarGuard »

Kaine
[Monk 3] AC: 16 HP: 21
Ki Points: 3 / Short Rest
Condition: Normal (-3 HP)

The blood oozing from his ribs awakens Kaine’s survival Instinct. The desire to gain extra food for his “Pen” by playing to crowds vanishes. He strikes and . . . the first blow a failed attempt to crack the pirates wrist misses the dagger hand but puts the brigand into a vulnerable position stepping back, giving Kaine room to twirl the quarterstaff with a reverse thrust thrusting the head deep into the pirate's ribs.
2 Attacks (25 (Natural 20) + 12)
http://orokos.com/roll/762170
http://orokos.com/roll/762346
Damage [1d8 (5) x2 + 3] = 13 total
https://orokos.com/roll/762360
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Salazar Cyrux
HP 21/21 | AC: 18 | Init: +2 | Passive Perception: 13
Spell Slots: 3+1/3+1 | Bardic Inspiration 1/3
Inspiration: 1

Salazar makes a gesture to indicate a repeat of the coordination between himself and the archer elf.

Salazar again summons the mirror shard but instead of launching it he angles it to catch the light of a sun that does not exist at the angle he's holding it. The reflected light of some mirrored sun beams into the eyes of the pirate archer giving Exile an opening.

"Exile, you've got this." he says, his tone low and words terse. But the outcast feyborn never needed much in the way of words to fully get the meaning and intent.
[Aid action so Exile does not have disadvantage on his next roll to hit the partially covered archer. (or gives advantage if his elevated position overcomes the partial obstruction of the roof already.)
Bonus action Bardic Inspiration to Exile. extra 1d6 to a roll. Use it only if you think an extra 3-4 points would make a roll succeed. You'll have it for 10 minutes.]
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Exile
HP 25/25 | AC: 15 | Init: +5 (Advantage) | Perception: 15
Spell Slots: 3/3 | Arrows: 58
Inspiration: None

(Bardic Inspiration: 10 Mins)

He took a breath, steadied himself, and aimed. On his exhale, the arrow flew.

Attack: 22, 12
Damage(w/ Slayer): 7
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Exile's arrow strikes true as the pirate staggers away from Salazar's distraction and directly into the path of the ranger's attack. The arrow sinks deeply into his shoulder, but doesn't drop him as she clutches his shoulder, looking ready to bolt, but not before firing one more arrow down on the archer that hit him, missing entirely.

Meanwhile, Kaine manages a solid connection with his quarterstaff into his opponent's ribs. He can feel the rib give way and crack as his opponent drops. (You need to decide with melee attacks whether you intend to kill or knock out)

Below, the pirates try to press their numbers advantage on the two more heavily armored opponents. One of the pirates on Kriv manages to slide his blade into a gap in the paladin's armor and score a solid strike (7 damage) while the pirates on Heart are somewhat more successful, while one pirate can't seem to get around the cleric's shield, the other manages to get behind her and score a critical blow to a vulnerable spot in her integrates armoring (19 damage critical)
Kriv and Heart's turn[/b]
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

HEART
HP: 12/24, AC: 20, Inspiration
Spell Slots: 1st 3/4, 2nd 1/2

The pirate's attack struck too, driving into an exposed portion of Heart's upper thigh. As the silvery blue alchemical fluids that coursed through her being poured out, the cleric quickly went to work speaking a prayer to herself.

"...for thou art cared for, healing words sent in flight."

As divine energies patched up the worst of the damage, restoring her HP (Heart Points), she tightened the grip on her mace as she whipped it around towards her attacker, missing high.
Oof, with only 5 HP, I probably won't stand up against another hit. Using the first of my four 1st-level spell slots to cast Healing Word as a bonus action on myself. Regain 1d4 + Wisdom modifier + 3 from Disciple of Life.
Healing Word on Heart: 1d4+3+3 7
Puts me to 12 HP. Then an action to make a mace melee weapon attack against the pirate that struck me.
Mace Weapon Attack vs. Crit Pirate: 1d20+4 10
Miss.
Last edited by Bill from Accounting on Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Kriv
Hp: 23/30
1st level spell slots used: 1/3

Kriv winced as one of the blades of the two pirates attacking him bit into him, but he was holding them off well enough to focus on helping his companions turn the tide of the battle.

"Let the fires of Bahamut embolden your actions!" As he barked the short prayer in Draconic, a warm golden light shot from Kriv's symbol of Bahamut to engulf Salazar, Kaine and Exile.

As for Heart, all he could do right now was offer her his shield where able, with the pairs of fighters harrying the both of them.
1st lvl spell slot to cast Bless on the trio going next. For 1 minute they get an extra d4 on attacks and saves. Fighting style: Protection on the pirate who wounded Heart next time they attack her.
Last edited by McGuffin on Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Salazar Cyrux
Spell Slots: 3+0/3+1 | Bardic Inspiration 1/3
Inspiration: 0, Hexblade's Curse: 1/1

"Kaine's probably got the last archer but Heart needs serious help." Salazar says to Exile in low tones having caught a glimpse of the very damaging hit the healer took. "I'll try to keep your line of fire clear."

Salazar approaches from the direction that would give *him* a flanking with Heart. "Did you forget the 'Caster'?" he sneers at the man, invoking magics to take the rogue partway into the Twilight Realm. The man's skin grows a little more sallow and his movements slightly less coordinated. Salazar invokes the Magic to further swings his war pick, Fang, at the now-cursed pirate.
[Move to flank one of the guy's on Heart. Bonus cation to cast Hex (he has disadvantage on Dex checks now). Standard cast Booming Blade Cantrip which grants an attack. Flanking Advantage and +1d4 on Attacks, if hits, +1d6 necrotic.
attack(s): 2#1d20+5 9 9, same roll of 4, I'm going to use Inspiration to reroll one of those dice.
attack: 1d20+5+1d4 21, if 21 hits.
damag: 1d8+3+1d6 101d8+3+1d6: 10 [1d8=1] [1d6=6]
S0, 4 piercing, 6 necrotic.]
and a damage rider where if he voluntarily moves he takes 1d8 thunder dmg (and +1d6 necrotic from Hex again I believe).
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Kaine

The pirate slumps to the ground with cracked ribs and a pierced lung. Kaine had seen this kind of injury in the Pit many times. The seadog would need immediate attention or soon die. Without hesitating a heartbeat Kaine sheathed the staff on his back, stepped the roof edge. Leaning over Kaine yelled down to Salazar "What the Hel did we do to piss these guys off Sal?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Salazar

Showing disdain for his opponent, Salazar casually replies to the monk. "I know you're good with the ladies, K, but did you have to snooker ALL their mothers and sisters? Or ARE their mothers and sisters the same person?" he peered speculatively at his foe looking for signs of inbreeding.

"Let's leave a few breathing to ask. By the way, get the other archer while you're up there. No sense in letting any hobble away for reinforcements." Hopefully the insulting disregard will make his opponent focus on himself rather than the mechacleric.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Exile
HP 25/25 | AC: 15 | Init: +5 (Advantage) | Perception: 15
Spell Slots: 3/3 | Arrows: 57
Inspiration: None

(Bardic Inspiration: 10 Mins)

Attack: 11 + 2 (bless)
I don't think even a 1d6 Would save this attack.
Edit: Seems that somehow, this is one particularly unlucky pirate.
Damage: 7

While it initially looks as though the elf's arrow won't hit, it somehow manages to just barely slice into the pirate's already open wound.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Kaine
[Monk 3] AC: 16 HP: 21
Ki Points: 2 / Short Rest
Condition: Normal (-3 HP)

I don't now why, but I was thinking the second crossbowman was on the opposite roof?

"You wound me Sal .... It was only that one time, and the mother made an excellent Savander pie." With that Kaine stepped back a few feet focusing his mind and body. Three quick steps . one . . Two . . . THREE . . . . and for a moment it appeared as if the monk was flying though the air. His silhouette blocking the sun, his shadow gliding across the alley, and then his hands clasping they edge of the other roof. Pulling himself up with a rolling somersault to face the last of the crossbow wielding pirates.

With a quick series of blows he heeds Sal's request to leave at least one of the sea dogs alive for questioning. Kaine's first strike shattering the man's ankle, and as the pirate started to crumple to one side, he followed up a knife hand into the kidney. Still on one knee, Kaine was fairly certain the sea dog was already unconscious from the shock but as he casually rose to his feet remembered not to shatter the jaw with the uppercut of his palm strike beneath the man's chin, letting him crumple to the roof top.
To Hit: 17, 25 (nat20), 20
Damage: 6, 5 (nat20), 6
Ki point spent for Furry of Blows
https://orokos.com/roll/m-Star+Guard
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

There's no kill quite like overkill as Kaine pummel the already injured archer on the roof with a quick flurry of blows that would have been lethal had the monk not stood on his training to leave the man crippled, but alive and unconscious.

The sharp crack of thunder from below startle the pirates as Salazar's spell strikes with a rattling peal of a storm, his war picks trimming home a split moment before Exile's arrow pieces the pirate, taking him down.

Down half their members, the remaining three bolt and scatter, attempting to escape. (The pirates all use Disengage to avoid opportunity attacks. Two run off in one direction, the third bolts back the direction you came from. They aren't level 2 rogue, so they don't have cunning action to disengage then dash, fortunately.)[\b]
McGuffin

Post by McGuffin »

Kriv
Hp: 23/30
1st level spell slots used: 2/3

"Halt evildoer, you will not escape the righteous Judgement of Bahamut!" Kriv's blade flashed with a golden light matching his Symbol of Bahamut as he rushed after the two fleeing away from him as a pair.
His sword came down with a burning arc of holy fire on the ambusher. "Go for the straggler, these cowards risk my blade in their back if they run!"
Bonus action to cast Divine Favor (2nd 1st lvl spell slot spent)
Move after the pair of pirates fleeing together, Attack: 1D20+5 = [13]+5 = 18 on one of them.
Damage+Divine Favor: 1D8+1D4 = [4]+[2] = 6
Otso Karell/Ursa, student at the New Vindicators Academy Europe.
Kriv of Clan Myastan, Dragonborn Noble Paladin in On the Road.
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

HEART
HP: 12/24, AC: 20, Inspiration
Spell Slots: 1st 3/4, 2nd 1/2

Heart would like it if the battle could have ended there before anyone else risked serious injury, but she could not in good conscience just let them flee. The men had clearly shown themselves to be a violent lot, and there was no small chance that they would attack someone again; someone not as capable as their little group. Following Kriv's call, she pursued the lone runner.

"It'd be best for you to submit," she recommended with a swing of the mace. "I can only cure so many wounds."
Move action to catch up with the third pirate and then a melee weapon attack.
Mace Weapon Attack vs. Lone Pirate: 1d20+4 20 1d6+2 6
Dealing 6 nonlethal bludgeoning damage.
Last edited by Bill from Accounting on Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Salazar Cyrux
Spell Slots: 3+0 | Bardic Inspiration 1/3
Inspiration: 0, Hexblade's Curse: 1/1

Salazar was quick on the heels of Kriv going after the second of the two. He calls the curse of ill reflection to a new target and the man grows sallow before, with a cry of a word of Power from the warlock, itself a shattering of syllables, his pick descended like the clapper of a bell in a crystal bell.
Move action, pursue,
Bonus action, shift Hex to new target, (disadvantage on Dex checks and increased damage with each hit)
Standard action, Booming Blade.
attack: 1d20+5+1d4 14
If 14 hits.
damage: 1d8+3+1d6 9
and a damage rider where if he voluntarily moves he takes 1d8 thunder dmg (and +1d6 necrotic from Hex again I believe).
"Stay perfectly still, I'd rather not see you dead, but the choice is yours. You cannot outrun my Power now." Salazar adds the words [whether he hit or not] as the pirate could no doubt feel the icy Hex settle over him.